General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 06:49 PM   #1  

Default La Weightloss #46

I think it was time for a new one.
Old 04-24-2002, 07:13 PM   #2  

Hi All:
I have been busy this week and have not kept up with everyone. I hope everyone is having a good week. I am still around the same and still trying to reach my goal.

04/06/01 201
04/24/02 142.6
goa 135
Old 04-25-2002, 12:06 AM   #3  

Default glug glug

Hi Guys -- just sitting here drinking my 20th glass of water today to try and avoid frowny faces at weigh in tomorrow...

Congrats on the loss Jibbelle!

By the way, what's up with this bloodletting thing? I hate to tell you, but I think your centers my be run by vampires. Hmmm.
Old 04-25-2002, 08:24 AM   #4  

20 glasses!! Now that is a lot of water! I hope you have a great weigh in bunny!

Thanks for starting a new thread Diane. The other was getting a bit long.

I have no fun and exciting news to report. I am leaving for my parents on Friday afternoon....spending the weekend with them at the lake. I can not wait!!!! I am taking a bag of apples/oranges, my melba toast and fat free dressing. I plan on being a very good girl over the weekend. Then I am on vacation all of next week!!! WOOOHOOO
Old 04-26-2002, 11:10 AM   #5  

Hi! I had a great weigh in yesterday! I'm down 7.4 lbs. in a week (that can't be possible, can it?). Well, it would definitely be nice to have the first 10 go quickly, even if the last 20-25 are a crawl.

I have a new feature:

New Rule(s) Imposed at my Last Weigh-In
• You must eat every three hours
• You must eat larger meals earlier in the day

Stay tuned for more new food rules from LAWL!

Have a great weekend!
Old 04-26-2002, 12:27 PM   #6  

hee hee
Old 04-26-2002, 06:50 PM   #7  

Wow bunny I am lucky if I lose 7 pounds for a month never mind a week, Great Job.

I never had any blood taken either is it something new that they do?
This weekend the councelor is having me do: No limited starches or beef and have one of the cold drinks ( not the shakes)
instead of two bars a day. I am going to see what happens.
Jibbelle have a great weekend. I hope the weather is nice.

04/06/01 201
04/26/02 141.6
goal 135
Old 04-29-2002, 08:43 AM   #8  

Wow Bunny! That is great!!

The weather was cold and rainy all weekend, but I still had a nice visit with my parents. It was good to get away. I am on vacation all week, so I will probably make it to the center Tues, Thurs, and Saturday. My scale says I am down a couple pounds, but I guess I will find out tomorrow!

Today is errand/appt day....dentist, vet, walmart, groceries, nursery...so I better get started! Have a great day all!
Old 04-29-2002, 01:21 PM   #9  

Hi all! Thanks for the encouragement.

I was not so good this weekend, but I do have to say that I could have been worse. I had a party on Saturday night and a pseudo-date on Sunday. Haven't weighed yet this week -- I'll probably wait until Wednesday.

Diane -- I'd love to see your before & after pictures. I imagine that you must look and feel *great* after shedding 60 lbs. I think I'd be inspired to see your progress if you feel like posting them.

I've had two sessions with my personal trainer now (Amber, or, as I like to call her "She who enjoys the pain of others"), and I highly recommend it. She is really putting me through my paces, and I can see where I was slacking off when leaving exercise up to my own devices. Personally, I prefer to be proud for just setting foot in the gym so as to not obsess over it, but leaving my workout up to someone else (especially some who, as noted, enjoys the pain of others) is really helping me exercise without stressing about how I'm doing.

Good luck this week, everyone, and keep on glugging!
Old 04-29-2002, 03:41 PM   #10  

Default LA Weight Loss in MA

Hi everyone

I joined LA Weight Loss about 3.5 weeks ago, and so far it's been a good experience. I am a 22-year-old college student, and I weighed in at 189lbs at the beginning of the program. My goal is 135.

I weigh in again tomorrow and I'm a little worried since I lost my willpower yesterday and had a piece of gingerbread. oops!

My big problems come with binging. I am trying to break the habit of eating when I'm stressed or depressed.

Anyway, nice to be here
Old 04-29-2002, 03:56 PM   #11  

Default hola xYTx!!

I know how hard it is to work on that when you're in school! (It's been a while, but I do still remember). If you ever need to talk, vent, whateva, we're here.

Welcome!
Old 04-29-2002, 06:35 PM   #12  

Welcome YT! I think there are a few binge eaters here...so maybe we can keep each other company.

Bunny-
It sounds like you are really enjoying your personal trainer. I really need to think about getting one!! Between work and school I just do not have time to work out faithfully though. I hope things at work slow down soon...maybe then I can get back to a daily workout routine.

I am meeting a good friend from college tomorrow for lunch....and of course she picked an italian restaurant!!! Will have to eat get one with plenty of shrimp or chicken and veggies....and pick it out of the pasta. Thankfully I have not had my limited starch yet this week!
Old 04-30-2002, 08:16 AM   #13  

I'm into my second week at LA Weightloss. I can't find a few items that they have listed as starches. Can anyone give me a hint on where to find them in the grocery stores?
The are: Melba Toast, Akmak Crackers, Kavli Crispy Bread

I also found the Stella D'oro Bread sticks but not ones that say "diet". Are these easy to find?

Do any of you LA Veterans have any snack suggestions? What keeps you in line? I was given a few bags of the popcorn and cheesecurls and fruit drink "complimentary"!! Is this something they all do and try to act as if it's between you and her or do they do this to everyone?

Thanks!
Old 04-30-2002, 08:50 AM   #14  

In our grocery store the melba toast is with the croutons and salad dressing. The Akmak and Kavli are in the deli...who knows why?? I have never tried either of them, but I eat lots of melba toast.

I use my nu lights as snacks usually. When I was on the red plan I had a bar for a midmorning snack and a bar or shake for an afternoon snack. Now that I am on purple I have a bar for breakfast and an orange or apple for midmorning snack.

When I joined they gave me one of all the snacks, breakfast bars, and delights. They also gave me 2 boxes of bars...that I picked. I had tons of stuff. I have never purchased any of the popcorn or cheese curls. I would rather use my starch as part of a meal than a snack. I also have never purchased the delights...but I remember that I liked them alot! I think they are a fruit and a starch like the breakfast bars.
Old 05-01-2002, 09:53 AM   #15  

Thanks jibbelle! I found the Melba Toast and the Akmak crackers.
I just ate my serving of Melba Toast. Their not bad! But, do you stay with the 2 pieces?? It says 5 on the box is a serving.

Yesterday, after trading my Trimax in for bars. (I had a bad reaction to either the Trimax or the other that they sell with it). I was sick and nauseated all night. So, I took them back and put them on the table and said I couldn't take them anymore. (especially since I paid over $100 for them. They did allow me to put that money towards bars. I'm glad I won't have to listen to the sales pitch for a few weeks!!! I think I got the 10 box deal. But, they won't let you take them home with you. Her excuse is they receive them fresh daily. How much of a fib is that!

Today will be day 2 to find a food scale. I was already on my second when I mistakingly left it on my counter. Next thing ya know I hear a crash and my 4 year old yelling "I didn't do it!"
Closed Thread