Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:52 PM   #1  
=D

Default Polar F11

...is the HRM I have.

Just wanted to ask anyone else that has this model - or in general, anyone who has a HRM that claims to be '50m water resistant' - if they have gone swimming with it on?

I know the booklet says its 50m waterproof, but I wanted to know what people's first hand experiences have been.
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 205.5/185.8/128

Height: 5' 2"

I have a Polar F11 and have worn it swimming. I am really not sure how accurate it was. It showed a really fast acceleration of my heart rate. ie moving lightly through the water brought me into moderate hr zone when I barely felt like I was working out. It has worked fine after so no issue there that it is definitely waterproof.
ANewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:18 AM   #3  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

I also have a Polar F11 and I've worn it many times in the pool. Swimming does not raise my heart rate as much as walking fast does. Well, it does if I really push it in the pool, but I can't do that for the same period of time in the water. Oh, and not that I'd suggest it, but I forgot to take the encoder piece off the strap and it's gone through a cold water wash once.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:10 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I wear my Polar ft40 in the pool and the heart rate seems pretty accurate.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:57 PM   #5  
=D

Alrighty, thanks for the replies guys - I feel less hesitant to wear mine in the pool now.

I'm really curious too see how much I burn when swimming since it leaves me tired like there's no tommorow and makes me hungry, where other cardio rarely does.

Last edited by mazza; 10-10-2008 at 08:58 PM.
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote