20-Somethings - Weekly Chat Sept 29 - Oct 5

View Full Version : Weekly Chat Sept 29 - Oct 5

RememberHowToSmile
09-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Thought I would start the weekly thread. I had a good weekend. Probable at to much but it definently could be worse but I also played with my nephew a lot, chasing him around and jumping on the trampoline.

Iím going to get a new driver license today. Iím so excited because I will no longer have a picture where I am 300 pounds. I have to renew it because my birthday is next week. I have been debating saying I ďlostĒ it and getting a new one but I thought I would wait until my birthday (it is like my little gift to myself).

How is everyone doing? Does anyone have good plans this week?

caligirl98
09-29-2008, 09:37 AM
I hate Mondays....I really do. I don’t like getting up before 4am, I don't feel like working...it's still dark for goodness sakes! and Very freaking creepy. I think that was a jack rabbit that just ran across the parking lot...I hope it was.

My weekend was kind of blah...I came down with something and I've been dealing with the nose and the throat and the coughing. Didn't work out at all. I really need to drop 6 lbs by next thur (my b-day) so again, I need to be on it this week. Last week was screwed up because of those darn classes, but this week, I have no excuses... I WILL be on plan.

mojolove05
09-29-2008, 10:08 AM
I had a pretty good weekend out with friends and managed to get a lot done around the house. Today was offical weighin and I lost a 1lb. It sure is coming of slow this go around, but I guess that is a good thing right? I only have 4 days of work this weekend since I am taking Friday off. My mom is coming up for the weekend and we have a car show that we are going to. Should be fun. I'm going to pack snacks, drinks and sandwiches so I don't eat anything I will regret. Planning is key!

RemeberHowToSmile - How exciting about the driver's license. In Arkansas we don't have to put our weight. Whew. lol. When i got my drivers license this year the 2 women in the DMV argued that was me on the license bc I had gained 55 lbs since it was taken. What idiots and way to make me feel down.

caligirl98 - Hope you get to feeling better and good luck with being on plan. You can do it! :)

Here we go again
09-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Good morning!

I'm so tired. My schedule is all out a wack. I didn't go to bed until 6:30 am Sunday morning then got up at 12:30. I went to bed last night at 10:30. It's going to be a long day. I have a meeting tonight from 6:30-9 pm.

I only ate 1700 cals yesterday opposed to my 2200 I'm suppose to do, but I was only up for 10 hrs. I don't want this to be a long day. it's time for a nap.

caseygail21
09-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Hello Ladies. It's Monday which means back on track for me. I get paid tomorrow, and I can not wait. I'm going to go grocery shopping and stock up on healthy food. We have no food in the house right now, I think I have one lean cuisine left. That is going to be my supper tonight. I'm looking forward to getting back on track and feeling good again. I gained 3 pounds this past month, and it feels like 20! It's amazing how crappy 3 lbs. can make you feel. I'm ready to get them off, along with about 25 more!

Well, I hope everyone is doing well and I hope you have a good Monday!

AllyN
09-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Good morning everyone!

Ugh, is there anything worse than Mondays? I'm new, so I'm getting my feet wet with everything! I decided that I needed people to talk to (because my family doesn't really like eating healthy and all that jazz) so I joined 3FC. I hope that this is as great as at it seems!

Casey- I know 3lbs seems like a lot but look how much you've lost so far! 33 lbs!!! Holy COW! That's awesome! Good luck on you goal!

Have a great day everyone!
Ally

leighish
09-29-2008, 11:56 AM
Ladies, I finally FINALLY got power back in my house 18 days after Ike whomped the neighborhood. I'm finally able to sleep at home in my own bed. Ahhh! I even got to step on my OWN scale this morning. I still managed to lose some weight after all of this! It's really motivating :)

caligirl98
09-29-2008, 12:02 PM
here we go: OMG! I just noticed you broke you plateau. That is sooooo great!

Leigh: It's great to have you back.

...only 8 more hours left in my work day...

Here we go again
09-29-2008, 12:04 PM
Cal- I hope I broke it. We'll see if I keep losing. Is it still breaking your plateau if you lose one pound and then don't lose anymore for 2 months? I'm saying that will happen, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

I want to crawl back in bed. I'm so tired and don't feel good!

caligirl98
09-29-2008, 12:11 PM
Well, with my jacked up eating habits last week, I lost 5lbs...and I broke my plateau the week before...gained it all back by Sunday, but what counts is that I lost it and can lose it again.

I know what you mean about not feeling well. When my alarm clock went off this morning, it still took me another 20mins to roll out of bed and then I was dozing off at every stop light...Mondays are soooo BLAH!

Here we go again
09-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Well, with my jacked up eating habits last week, I lost 5lbs...and I broke my plateau the week before...gained it all back by Sunday, but what counts is that I lost it and can lose it again.

I know what you mean about not feeling well. When my alarm clock went off this morning, it still took me another 20mins to roll out of bed and then I was dozing off at every stop light...Mondays are soooo BLAH!

Word of advice- Don't doze off while driving! Gosh, mine wasn't that bad. SF is not a fun place to drive anyways but when you're tired I couldn't imagine.

I'm not going to even try to understand my body at all. Yesterday I was 281, this morning 286. I was like whatever, I will pretend like I didn't see that. I ate less cals than I have been but did work out twice yesterday so I bet it's just water or something but still 5 pounds in one day? So I'm right there with you girl. 4 better come quick that's all I have to say. I'm tempted just to tell my boss I'm sick and go home but I want to save my personal days for when I go to Arkansas for Christmas.

leighish
09-29-2008, 12:19 PM
my husband nods off at every stoplight on his way home from work. I wish he wouldn't do that. Other teachers drink coffee for a reason!!!!

caligirl98
09-29-2008, 12:29 PM
LOL! Only at the long light. I missed the turn and I was stuck there for a three minute nap...I got honked at. I was kinda wishing for a long freight train. Oh well.

I actually live on the other side of the bridge...closer to Oakland and surprisingly enough, I've never driven in SF…I'll BART it over there or someone else can drive, but those hills and one way streets and freakin cable cars and random trains that just come on down the street with no warning...it's not even fun to be a passenger in SF.

sh3l5
09-29-2008, 12:33 PM
i also hate Mondays....
went into work and non of the network was functioning....
was a mad mad panic....
lots of running around and around trying to sort it....
resulted in a very active day, which i guess cant be bad....
ive just done my hour workout and had lettuce and carrot sandwhiches for tea....
i just had to eat that extra half so i had three bits of bread....
and a boiled egg on top....
oh wello....
time to do me next work out....

im getting a very very sore throat, i hope its not the start of a cold....
:(

Here we go again
09-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Cal- I've never been to Oakland. I've only been to SF twice and I don't like driving there or being a passenger. I like highway, i'm more of a bob and weaver. I've found that some drivers don't like that...

princess2323
09-29-2008, 12:59 PM
So its monday and its my first weekly chat--- so hi--- anyway--- woke up tired ---decided i would take a shower and get pretty-- so i did and felt a whole lot better=== and after coming on here --- i've decided that i'm going to start exercising again-- i recently had a baby (8 months ago) moved== about 2 months now and have finally decided its time for some me time and its time to get back in shape=== so even though i have lost a good amount-- i still put on a lot with the baby and still not to prepregnancy weight-- but hey its not too far off

ghost
09-29-2008, 01:29 PM
I hate weekends!!!
weighed myself on saturday, I was down to 170, this moringing, 176lbs. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not happy. not happy at all. in fact, I may kill people today, so watch out. I didn't even think I did that bad this weekend. I guess eating like a normal person is just out of my grasp if I want to be thin.

Here we go again
09-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Ghost- The same thing happened to me! I think the scales were on full mutiny today.

caligirl98
09-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Ghost, I'm with you on that. If I'm lucky, it was water weight I put on instead of water weight I took off.

Sometimes I feel that I can't eat 'normal'...like everyone else can just eat whatever...eggs and buttered toast and maybe a tuna sandwich and fries which isn't even that bad, but If I have it, I gain like 10 lbs. It's not fair. I don't want to have to calorie count all my life.

and crap...the holiday season looms ahead...I gained 10lbs in a week one Thanksgiving.

Here we go: are you one of those drivers that zoom in and out of traffic and don’t really get anywhere? OMG! You guys drive me insane. LOL! I usually a pick a lane and do 75 all the way to where I need to go…I only move around a lot when folks drive slow for no reason. That annoys me.

Here we go again
09-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Cal- lol no, I'm actually one of the drivers that switch lanes a lot but only if I can truly move a head of the flow of traffic. The drivers you are talking about annoy the fire out of me! Of course, the "I'm in the fast lane but only going 55 mph" drivers are not fun either. I've learned that on my commute to work that if I stay in the "slow" lane I actually am moving way faster than if I was in the fast lane, but only up to a certain time, and then it's time to merge. I have it down to a science. :)

JamieJo
09-29-2008, 01:47 PM
"Here we go again" - I'm so with you on being confused with the scale. Yesterday morning I weighed 164.9 - Made a goal to be 162 by next Sunday but then this morning I was 161.9. Awesome, but frustrating. So should I change my goal to 160 then? What do you think? Guess this is why I shouldn't get on the scale daily, hu?

ghost
09-29-2008, 01:48 PM
I'm bringing my blindfold to SF in Nov, I hate city driving, but even worse is city passangering.
I hope its water weight too, or three weeks of hard work just went out the door with one birthday party, and it wasn't even mine. I couldn't have eaten more then 2000 cals that day, I just don't get it, it is so frusterating I'm ready to cry over it.

Here we go again
09-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Jamie- I'm probably the worse person to ask about the scale. At one point I was officially addicted. I had to give my scale to my roommate for a week. Now, I am weighing everyday, but I have made a decision that as long as I did what I was suppose to do. I exercised, ate healthy, over came temptation, I will be proud of myself and not care about the scale. It lies! Besides, it can't tell me how much muscle I have. I'm losing inches. I've been stuck on a plateau for two months. I didn't lose any weight and actually fluctuated 5 pounds. But I lost 10 inches in those two months and have all of my skinny clothes are getting way too big. So as long as your making progress in some way, the scale doesn't really matter. I think I should get a bumper sticker that says "scales lie" lol

Here we go again
09-29-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm bringing my blindfold to SF in Nov, I hate city driving, but even worse is city passangering.
I hope its water weight too, or three weeks of hard work just went out the door with one birthday party, and it wasn't even mine. I couldn't have eaten more then 2000 cals that day, I just don't get it, it is so frusterating I'm ready to cry over it.

Ghost, there's no way that you could have gained just from one day. Did you have a lot of salt? Did you workout differently? All of those things effect my weight, not to mention that the scale just lies. You are doing great. I wouldn't worry about it. :hug: I was thinking of going to a thrift store getting a broken scale and smashing it to pieces. Wanna join?

ghost
09-29-2008, 02:48 PM
I think I'm full of poo! ew...could you imagine. My work scale says I gained 4 lbs, home scale says I gained 6 lbs...all between saturday morning and this morning. Let me catalog my food between then and now.
Saturday: Latte, snappeas crisps, glass of wine, Home made tortillas, home made refried beans, chicken breast, birthday cake, gummi worms, glass pinot noir, 4 glasses Pinot gris, diet Mt. dew (ew), bowl of cereal (at 2am)
Sunday: Latte, bacon, eggs, potatoes at sunday brunch, mango juice, a serving of whole wheat penne pasta with red sauce, bowl of cereal, cheetos.
its definatly way more food then I normally eat. Especially with the cereal, but I need to go grocery shopping, I'm out of my staples and that leaves me with food I normally only feed to my son.
Plus I worked out for 75 minutes yesterday...I'm still at a loss for the gain. Nothing was too horrendously salty because none of it was restaurant food. the most salty thing was probably the bacon. Anyways, all that food is probably still inside of me right now...ew that is such a gross thought.

i am still trying
09-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Wow, lots of chatting :)
I am at work and usually NEVER get to go online here since the kids take up all of my time. I am having a VERY annoying work day. so annoying that if I go into details I may have a stress attack so i will spare you all.

Food has been good today. I had to make up for the weekend!!!!
I think I will go to the gym at 6 tonight.

Here we go- I have started to weigh everyday and find it hard to notice when I actually am loosing or gaining. Do you have an official weigh in day, when you take the weight it says and record it or something? That's what I am planning on doing.

Here we go again
09-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Wow, lots of chatting :)

Here we go- I have started to weigh everyday and find it hard to notice when I actually am loosing or gaining. Do you have an official weigh in day, when you take the weight it says and record it or something? That's what I am planning on doing.

Ummm... no I don't. I always just do the one that is the most consistent. I should have an official way in, but the way my weight is it would greatly agitate me. Sometimes I when I way my weight will go up or down 5 pounds. So if I had my way in be today for instance it would be 286 but yesterday was 281.

A part of me just wants to give up weighing for awhile but I'm too darn nosey!

ghost
09-29-2008, 03:50 PM
A part of me wants to give up weighing too, but I'm too obsessed. I want kung po chicken. I figure, if I'm going to gain, I'm going to make it worth it!

ghost
09-29-2008, 03:56 PM
I knew I should have just had those dang nachos last week.

Chele615
09-29-2008, 05:03 PM
I hate Mondays!!! There are certain days where I wonder why I ever got myself into teaching high school kids. Today is one of those days!!! haha My patience was tried to the very last nerve this afternoon. Oh boy....but thankfully, my last block class made things right again. They're so good!

I was sitting at my desk checking email right before leaving to go home and I was actually thinking to myself, "I can't WAIT to get to the gym". Thank god for the elliptical where I can plug my ipod in and just zone out for a good amount of time. Just what I needed to save the rest of my day!

BellaHTH
09-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Today was the best day ever, well, in a long long time!!!!! So I'm in one of my closets making sure I have clothes out to wear for a meeting tomorrow, and I'm acutely aware there are only a very VERY select few pieces of clothing I ever wear anymore (literally like maybe 8 pieces). I swore I wouldn't buy anything new until it would make me feel better, not worse, about my body. I wore jeans for the first time on Saturday in like 3 years, so I thought maybe I'd try some of my old clothes, just to see. WELL, everything was fitting!!! And now just fitting, but it was loose and really comfortable! I don't like tight clothes at all, so I've always bought things larger than what I needed, so I am smaller now than I have been in over 5 years, FIVE YEARS!!!!!!! I was going through EVERYTHING and trying things on, and screaming, and whipping them off to try on another thing, and cheering. Not everything fit, but A LOT DID and now I have this whole (sorta) new wardrobe to wear!! YAY YAY YAY! (Now, if only I could find love, my life would be damn near perfect... but at least now I can imagine love, such an odd feeling!)

So anyways, my Monday is effing kicking ash!!!

ghost -- Ahh, don't give up! Don't let one weekend of disappointment throw you off course! There are any number of reasons for fluctuations, but giving in is not the solution! Stay strong!

Here we go again -- Yay to the down, and here's to it keep going down! It totally baffles me how your weight can stay the same, but you lose so many inches!! That's just.. weird!

caligirl98 -- I understand about thinking I'll never be able to "eat normal", but I don't think I ever did eat normal. I do'nt even know what that means, but I know for me, I have to eat what works for me and that will be my "normal". It's moderation, it's veggies and fruit, it's minimal sweets, it's "Cake? no thank you." Yeah, I've given this some thought...

princess2323 -- HI!! Congrats on the baby and getting back into exercising!

leighish -- I'm so happy for you that you're back in your place, in your own bed. There's nothing like your own bed, that's for sure!

AllyN -- Hi!! This is the place for support and people doing the work. The people here are amazing and so warm and encouraging. Plus, it's a great escape from the people in our day to day lives that are less than supportive or get what we're going through. Welcome!!

mojolove05 -- Woohoo on the loss!

RemeberHowToSmile -- The new drivers license is a great gift to yourself. This is one of those things that just really make the losses that much more, I dunno, special.

caligirl98
09-29-2008, 05:37 PM
I think I'm full of poo! ew...could you imagine. My work scale says I gained 4 lbs, home scale says I gained 6 lbs...all between saturday morning and this morning. Let me catalog my food between then and now.
Saturday: Latte, snappeas crisps, glass of wine, Home made tortillas, home made refried beans, chicken breast, birthday cake, gummi worms, glass pinot noir, 4 glasses Pinot gris, diet Mt. dew (ew), bowl of cereal (at 2am)
Sunday: Latte, bacon, eggs, potatoes at sunday brunch, mango juice, a serving of whole wheat penne pasta with red sauce, bowl of cereal, cheetos.
its definatly way more food then I normally eat. Especially with the cereal, but I need to go grocery shopping, I'm out of my staples and that leaves me with food I normally only feed to my son.
Plus I worked out for 75 minutes yesterday...I'm still at a loss for the gain. Nothing was too horrendously salty because none of it was restaurant food. the most salty thing was probably the bacon. Anyways, all that food is probably still inside of me right now...ew that is such a gross thought.

GUH! this is going to be wayyyyy TMI, so I apologize in advance. I know exactly how you feel. I always feel that weighted down, lead in my stomach walking around with an extra 10 pound feeling when I eat stuff I'm not supposed to. I'm really sensitive to dairy products...I'm a bit lactose intolerant, but only a little. Like I can have dairy in moderation. Like, I'll have only a quarter of a cup of 1% milk and then add water to it to make a whole bowl of cereal. And even then, I could end up with a stomach ache. Any way, when I'm feeling all clogged...for lack of a better word, I usually drink a cup of milk. This really gets me going. LOL! I know, gross.

RememberHowToSmile
09-29-2008, 05:40 PM
So today went pretty well. I went and got my new drivers license. I canít wait for it to come in the mail to see a license where I am not 300 pounds. Plus the weight is now accurate. For once I canít wait until it comes in the mail.

Iím happy tonight my roommate is gone because of the holiday so I have the apartment to my self. Iím going to clean, do homework and watch DVRed tv shows. I really like my roommate but itís nice to watch tv without her home because if she doesnít like what is on the tv she will talk though the entire program. Plus I hate cleaning when anyone else is home because Iím a little OCD about things.

Only 3 days until I go to California . . .

Cali Ė I know what you mean about hating Mondays. Good luck staying on plan this week, 6 pounds is a lot to lose in one week so donít let it disappoint you if you donít make it. So is your birthday the 9th mine is the 8th (quarter of a century old this year).

Mojo Ė Wow I canít believe she actually argued with you when you gained weight. Most people are more um lets say graceful then that. I have been travelling a ton lately and all of the security people always make a comment about is that really me, I also get it a lot when Iím making big purchases. And remember slow and steady wins the race. A pound is a pound!!!!

Here We Go Ė Sorry about the screwed up schedule. That sucks. Remember some days you just eat less then normal.

Casey Ė Your donít great, keep up the good work. I hate when I donít have food in my apartment.

Ally Ė Welcome to the forum!!!

Leigh Ė WOO HOO on getting power!!! :cb:

Sh3l5 Ė I hope you feel better sore thoats are terrible.

Princess Ė Welcome to the forum, congrats on the baby, and good luck!!!

Ghost Ė Lets hope you didnít gain 6 pounds in a few days, Iím sure some of it is water weight.

Chel Ė I have the utmost respect for teachers, I donít know how you can do it.

caligirl98
09-29-2008, 05:47 PM
Remember to smile: I'm on the 9th and I'm going to be a quarter of century too! I think I'm going through my quarter life crisis...25 years and not a darn thing to show for it!

RememberHowToSmile
09-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Cali - Totally agree with the quarter of a century crisis. I don't know if this is where I wanted to be but it's wear I am. I'm almost at my third college degree and a ton of debt to show for it. I finally have been able to get myself healthy and fit. So I guess it is not all that bad.

Taylor86
09-29-2008, 06:46 PM
I have my audition tonight. Yay! I will do personals later...I am gonna go do my hair and rehearse more.

artsnsmarts
09-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Ooooooooooh TAAAAAYYYYYLOR you probably won't see this, but break a leg!! I can't wait to hear how it goes!!

I'm about to head to the gym for the first time in....probably 2 weeks. I've been so crazy busy with school and work (and the little fall off the wagon I had....) that I really haven't been able to go, so I'm super super nervous about what that scale is going to say...

JellyBean32882
09-29-2008, 07:02 PM
I've had alot of stress and depression lately, probably why I've binged two days in a row - blah! Well least I can lose the weight I gain again, but it will be difficult while I'm still stressed and depressed..

AllyN
09-29-2008, 07:20 PM
JellyBean- Stress is a killer...literally. It's hard to overcome and it seems to keep snowballing! Look how much weight you have lost already! Plus don't worry about those two days, sometimes our bodies needs a break from this change we are trying accomplish!

Good luck!

JellyBean32882
09-29-2008, 07:24 PM
JellyBean- Stress is a killer...literally. It's hard to overcome and it seems to keep snowballing! Look how much weight you have lost already! Plus don't worry about those two days, sometimes our bodies needs a break from this change we are trying accomplish!

Good luck!

Well I've sorta been on/off dieting for the past oh month.. I haven't stuck to a diet in all my life, always end up giving into junk I shouldn't be eating.. but then I do live with my parents and brother who do nothing but eat junkfood.. so that's mostly what my mother buys cause she says healthy food is more expensive.. sometimes I think I might as well starve myself, least I will lose and be happy before I die, lol

belinda245
09-29-2008, 07:30 PM
RemeberHowToSmile --Congrats on the DL. I am in that same boat..I haven't done a new one since I was 21 and weighed 180. I am due to renew mine next year.. and am hoping to be able to also get a new looking me on it.

caligirl98 --Good luck this week.. hope you are feeling better!!

mojolove05--1 pound is great.. definitely better than nothing!!

Here we go again --consider it a bump in the road.. tomorrow is a new day to try again..

caseygail21 --think on the bright side.. it could have been a lot worse.. 3 pounds is nothing compared to the 33 you have lost.. You can do it!!

HeatherMcG
09-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Hey girls!!!

Happy Monday to you! I had a decent day except, I did not sleep at all last night. BLAH! I am not even kidding. Hubby even rubbed my back and that didn't work. ARGH! Maybe 3 hours of sleep? I don't know what was going on. I hope I sleep well tonight.

Oh yeah, and my check didn't direct deposit on Friday. Yuck... good thing I checked the account before writing my check!

HOLY CRAP~ I totally forgot to mention. I am officially in the 260's!!!! Yay for me! I weigh 269. :D

AllyN
09-29-2008, 07:47 PM
.. but then I do live with my parents and brother who do nothing but eat junkfood.. so that's mostly what my mother buys cause she says healthy food is more expensive.. sometimes I think I might as well starve myself, least I will lose and be happy before I die, lol

I totally know what you mean! I still live with my parents and 2 brothers and it's sooooo hard to eat right when they have every kind of junk food you could imagine in the house!I've asked her not to get it but, surprise surprise, she said she likes it and she buys it soo...:mad:

I also hate that we eat diner as a family and its NEVER healthy. So I just end up eating a lot smaller portion. (Not sure if this is good, but I just eat more during the day when I'm at school and I can control what I eat.)

Heather- Congrats on the weight loss! Awesome job! The best thing to help me sleep at night is drinking caffeine free chamomile (sp?) tea...it's so soothing.

ghost
09-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Take it from a former college starver...it never works. First you starve, then, after you starve enough and lose a few lbs you binge like crazy and then you gain it all back. I much prefer eating to starving, even if I do manage to fluctuate an aggrivating 4-6lbs in a few days...grrrr!

I am having such a Monday! Its been busier then grand central station in my office all afternoon. But, it keeps me on my feet. After work I'm going to go home and pre-cook dinner, and then go do cardio while my son swims, then go home again and eat the pre-cooked meal. It'll give it time to absorb the spices. I am aiming for 75 minutes of cardio again tonight, this gain has really brought my goals into stark focus, especially since in one weekend I undid 3 weeks of work. Shame on me! I hope tomorrow shows that it was water weight, although, I havn't peed much today, mostly due to the fact that I can't manage to catch a break from the phone or the patient pile up.

and with that I must go...

Star2Be
09-29-2008, 08:38 PM
ARGHH since I've started school I don't have enough time to check 3FC as frequently as I'd like to! Look how much I've already missed! How frustrating. :mad: I think I'll put a disclaimer in my sig, heh. I wish I could post more often... I'd feel bad if I just randomly came on here ONLY to celebrate my stuff and talk about myself LOL... Hopefully I'll make up for it on the weekends.

I have some SUPER FABULOUS news today, though... After much confusion over the scale the past couple days, I have finally reached my second mini-goal!!! :carrot:

It read exactly 223.0 lbs today! Right in time for the first day of classes, too, hehe. I'm sooo proud of myself. I can't believe I've actually lost 40 lbs. Crazy! I'm closer to 200 than I am to 300! I've lost just over 15% of my original weight! My next goal is ONEDERLAND, which seems so impossible and unattainable, but I only have to lose 4 lbs more than my two previous mini-goals! And I can't WAIT just to get into the 210s... I think I will seriously faint when I see those numbers on my scale. :D

Thanks so much to all of y'all for your amazing support. There's no way I could have done this without you... And there's no way I'll get through the rest of it without you! Even though I'm going to be sooo much busier because of school now, I know I'll have to post something, somehow, at least once a day! Heh.

I think I'll go take some progress pics now... ;)

artsnsmarts
09-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Star -- congrats! Seriously, you are so amazing and inspiring! You're not that far from ONEderland!! I started near your current weight, and I STILL can't believe I'm weighing in under 200 lbs...when I go to the gym and weigh I still put the slider at the 200 point because I keep expecting it to be more than 200, haha!

I'm up a pound and a half from before my off-wagon-falling episode, which is a little disheartening, but honestly I was expecting it to be soooooooo much worse! It felt really good to be at the gym again...but I think I'm starting to realize that my "healthy weight by spring semester" goal in my signature really isn't attainable. I mean, I'm still going to work for it, it just seems like I lose weight really slowly. And if that's the way my body wants to do it that's fine. Annoying, but fine, haha!

Blcarter84
09-29-2008, 09:52 PM
STAR2BE- you will do just fine even with your busy schedule. Just think ahead of time about healthy snacks and get them all prepared and you will be too busy to actually have time to eat JUNK food!!!
Anyways today was a pretty decent day. I had some raisin bran for breakfast and a turkey burger for lunch. Have't been very hungry today. I didn't have to work but I ended up filling out a TON of paperwork for child support for my son since I found out yesterday that his so-called-father is going to have ANOTHER baby. The you-know-what(insert really nasty word) hasn't paid me a dime since he was born and I never filed for anything totally giving him the chance(even though he makes 50,000 dollars a year and was living with his mother until just recently). My son is going to be 2 in January so I figured I better get on it if he's goign to have another baby to pay for. I just think its sad tha he has 2 boys (who are 8 months apart) from 2 different woman and now his new girlfriend is due in April/May. 3 babies in less then 3 years from 3 different woman...tisk tisk tisk!!! Anyways at least I will be looking mighty HOT in about 5 months or so!! Yay for me. Lets just hope taht my weigh in tomorrow morning reflects that attitude. Okay so thanks for listeningto my LONG rant

Blcarter84
09-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Oh yeahb and I went to the gym for an hour and ran 5.75 miles and burned over 650 calories

Star2Be
09-29-2008, 11:41 PM
Progress pics!!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2386074
Any opinions? ;)

artsnsmarts - Thank you!! Seriously, it's so great to have encouragement from you all. And it sounds SO weird to me for you to say that I'm not that far from Onederland... Like I've said probably 100 times, I still feel like I have 64 lbs to lose before I get there. But really I only have 24... It just doesn't seem possible! Lol. It's going to take so much getting used to when I finally get there... I'll probably double-check every couple hours just to make sure I'm not hallucinating! :lol:

Blcarter - Aww it's good to know that you believe in me, hehe! So far I have done pretty well with eating healthily at school, so I'm just hoping I can continue on this pattern! I've already told myself that I'm not allowed to keep ANY FOOD in my room, outside of the healthy snacks I've already gotten (lite fruit cups, Nutrigrain bars, natural fruit leather, etc). I think the snacking and eating 4th (or, er, 5th) meals was what really killed me last year. We have a convenience mart on campus where I'd buy TONS of junk and just eat it in my room while writing papers or watching TV or whatever. No more! Haha.

Also, that is very shocking about your son's father! Wow. Good luck with getting support from him... I'm sure it won't be easy, but I admire your strength in getting the SOB to step up finally. And although I think you look beautiful now, good luck looking HOT in 5 months! Hehe. We will BOTH be looking hot! ;)

JellyBean32882
09-29-2008, 11:53 PM
Star, what diet are you on?

leighish
09-30-2008, 12:00 AM
My husband went out to walmart to pick up some cat litter and he happened across NEW! Snickerdoodle flavoured ice cream. Cinnamon ice cream with chunks of cookie with a cinnamon praline swirl. So he brought home a half-gallon.

What is WRONG with him?! :rolleyes:

Iconised Ghost
09-30-2008, 12:45 AM
star- your progress pics are mean! You can see such a difference, especially in your face! You go girl :broc:

taragettingthin
09-30-2008, 01:49 AM
Remember, that is a great idea. I think I will get a new driver's license, too, when I reach my goal!

Taylor, hope your audition went well!!

There's sooo much to read and all I missed was just Monday. And it's still Monday night...kinda... Wow.. I will have to catch up tomorrow..hopefully.

I received my Hip hop abs workout dvd today. I didn't get to see it yet because I was already on the way to work when it was delivered. I didn't get to workout today so I am going to do it today when I get off work. I'm quite excited! ;)

Chele615
09-30-2008, 06:28 AM
Meredith....your new profile picture is so cute!!! I almost didn't recognize you without the crown! Congratulations on hitting your latest mini-goal. My next mini goal is onederland too!!! I'm currently at 217....so it's out there kind of within reach! haha We can work towards it together :)

just keep swimming
09-30-2008, 09:09 AM
Hmm, MA drivers' licenses don't have weights. I am glad. :lol:

Star - You look fabulous! I can definitely see a difference. You're really gorgeous!

Here we go again
09-30-2008, 10:34 AM
Star- You so beautiful! I can tell a difference for sure.

Leigh- sometimes guys just don't think. lol Be strong!

Taylor- how'd it go?

I think I'm officially sick. I don't know what's wrong with me. I feel like I've been hit like a truck. I feel very achy and just blah. I'm at work but I just don't feel good. I went to bed last night at 8 and still don't feel better today. Any suggestions of what I can do?

smallification
09-30-2008, 11:05 AM
My jeans which were in the "Uncomfortable to Wear" category a few weeks ago have been downgraded to "A Little Snug".

I drank about three litres of water yesterday because I thought maybe I was dehydrated, but apparently not. The scale showed a little loss this morning too. (And I spent the entire day running off to the bathroom.)

I'm sure this won't last, but yay!

Here we go again
09-30-2008, 02:36 PM
:?: Where is everyone today? I feel lonely at work without chatting with my girls!

Taylor86
09-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Hey girls!

Well, I got a callback and it's tonight at 4. I am not all that nervous because they were open auditions so I got to see what kinda girls came. It always surprises me what people think is okay audition attire. You couldn't pay me a million dollars so show up in jeans and flip flops or a lacey tank top that looks like underwear. But maybe I am traditional.

Anyway - sorry again about personals..I will get some done soon. You are doing so well!

taragettingthin
09-30-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm here! :D

Since it's little bit slow, it gives me a chance to catch up and I'm home all by myself! Yay! All I hear is my keyboard... lol. My week is going well so far, I think...I guess.

I've had starwberry+banana+skim milk+oatmeal+flexseed smoothie. Been awwhile since I've had it and it was refreshing. and good. I'm trying to up my protein intake but I don't want to pay whole lot for those protein powder, either..Not that I have money for it. So I'm just trying to use what I got.
When I got home last night after work, I did do the Hip hop abs and I wasn't out of breath or anything but it sure felt good on my ab and I was sweating before I knew..I'm hoping to lose at least one inch before I leave for Korea. :D Oh, and my bf started working out on his own..because he's visiting his family and friends while I'm gone. So he's doing crunches and sit-ups and stuff. If this dvd works well, I may suggest it to him, too. heh..

Star, you look awesome! I can def tell the difference! You are doing a wonderful job!

Smallification, drinking water is always good. And :carrot: for the jeans fitting little better than before!

Leighish, Tell him to get his own freezer or eat it all when you are not there!!! lol

Blcarter, I know how that feels. My ex is kinda the same way... except he HAS TO pay me something right now because he's in the military and we are still married "legally." We have been separated since even before my DD was born. Yeah, he cheated on me while I was pregnant...Well, my DD has a half sister already who is almost 1.5 years old. (My DD will turn 3 in December this year...) The gf was pregnant again with due date of November but lost the baby not that long ago while she was staying at her parents' place because he cheated on her too. Three times already...and she keeps taking him back, which is sad. I actually feel bad for her but oh well. We are going through divorce, of course, and I'm going to the court on the 7th. Hope it will get finalized this time...because this is 5th time I'm going to the court and I'm getting pretty tired of it. He doesn't show up because he's all the way in Colorado and I finally scraped up money just enough to hire a lawyer so this time, I hope it will get done.. so I can enjoy my vacation time in Korea with my family without worrying about anything. ;) Ahhh sorry for my ranting, too... but we are here for you if you need someone to talk to. And I'm sure you will be BURNING HOT(lol) pretty soon.

taragettingthin
09-30-2008, 03:07 PM
AND Taylor, YAY! I'm happy for you that you got the call back! :)

Taylor86
09-30-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks Tara! I am colorado where you ex is. I can hunt him down and kick him in the shins if you want me to!

HeatherMcG
09-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Girls,

I ache. I don't feel well at all. I haven't slept very well in 2 nights. I just don't feel good. ArGh... thanks for listening.

P.S. I weighed in at 267 today! Woo Hoo! I nomally weigh in on mondays but I just had a feeling....... :)

Here we go again
09-30-2008, 04:39 PM
*waves at Heather* That's awesome that you lost weight, not awesome that you don't feel good.

i am still trying
09-30-2008, 05:00 PM
Good for you Heather ( for getting down to 267).
This weekend and even yesterday , not-so-good. i am putting an end to that. Now my in-laws are gone so it's back to routine. No late night snacking of high fat foods!!

Don't forget, if you watch it...Biggest Looser is on tonight

JellyBean32882
09-30-2008, 05:49 PM
I love the biggest loser.. I should really go on that cause I need someone like Jillian Michaels face to face so I don't give up...

Blcarter84
09-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Ok everyone so I was totally excited to weigh myself today.....until I stepped on the scale. I went up a pound:(:( The only thing that I know is that I have been working out hard and lifting weights so it must be muscle weight gain. My clothes are already fitting a little better so I know that I am improving. Still a little bummed and hoping that next week is a bigger loss.

leighish
09-30-2008, 06:41 PM
The bad news is I went ahead and had a couple scoops of the snickerdoodle ice cream.
the good news is it wasn't SO great that I'll be unable to resist. It was okay. Needed more pralines. Maybe some caramel. I do love caramel...

RememberHowToSmile
09-30-2008, 06:43 PM
So another day and my weight is still holding strong. I’ve been trying to drop my calories down to hopefully increase my weight loss since I haven’t been exercising as much. It’s so hard because by the time I got home for dinner I was starving. I’m going to try really hard to stick to it today.

Taylor – Good luck!

Arts – I totally understand how hard it is to fit exercise into your schedule. Good luck at the gym.

JellyBean – Hang in there you can do it. I say every week when I watch the biggest loser I say how much I would like to go on the shower. Not just to lose weight but to actually get into shape.

Heather - Great job hitting the 160s.

Ally – that is hard living at home. Living on my own is the best thing for my diet.

Ghost – Sorry that the weekend was bad, have fun at the gym.

Meredith – Great new photo. Congrats on meeting your mini-goal. You’re doing great and wow you look so good in your progress pictures.

BLcarter – Good job doing the paperwork for your child. I hate when people refuse to do it because they don’t want the help of the father but it really is for the good of the child. That is really sad about him having 3 kids by 3 different women in less than 3 years.

Leigh – Oh that sounds so bad and so good at the same time.

Just Keep Swimming – Ours don’t say your licensee however they do record it in their computer. However the 300 pound picture was just bad.

Here We Go – Sorry you are sick, feel better.

Small – That is great about the pants.
Tara – Hmmm the smoothie sounds good. Good job with the hip hop workout.

Heather – Good job on the scale. I hope you stop aching.

Here we go again
09-30-2008, 06:50 PM
Remember; thanks! I was wondering do you have your story of your journey written down?

ghost
09-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Today...today...is tuesday. And I'm starting to think that tuesday conspires against me to make my day as difficult as possible. I have 400 calories left for dinner and I'm thinking of eating them all in oreo cookies...right now. Maybe if I go do cardio tonight I'll feel better. I felt fabulous last night. Then I had insomnia till after 2am and was awake again at a quarter to five. Not good for dieting.
My office is swimming in activity again, no rest for the weary. I'll try and get on later or early tomorrow morning and actually read how everybody is doing.

artsnsmarts
09-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Taylor -- CONGRATS on the callback! Ahhh I totally understand about audition attire...people just don't get it. Another huge pet peeve of mine is people choosing HORRIFIC audition songs. Like singing "What I did for love" for a LAST 5 YEARS audition...totally wrong style, wrong vocal quality, wrong character.... ughhhh it makes me mad just htinking about it!!

Sorry I don't have time to write to everybody, but I've gotta get back to work. Good news is that I got a BUNCH of new clothes and as I've been wearing them, I've been feeling "normal" as in "normal sized"!!!! I also FINALLY made it back to my ballet class today.....I haven't made it in several weeks because of school starting and getting used to my new schedule, and MAN did it show!! My flexibility was off, everything!! Arggggh. My teacher recommended I go to a theatre dance class she takes tomorrow night, so we'll see whether I go or not. It takes me about 45 minutes on the train to get to the studio, so it's a BIG time drain. If not, I'll DEFINITELY get to the gym tomorrow! I forgot how good it feels to work out!

I also feel like I'm back on track with eating/logging my food. Taylor having you as my butts-back-in-gear buddy really helped!! I felt like if I didn't log something or go to the gym I was letting you down!

Blcarter84
09-30-2008, 10:47 PM
I just went to fitday and logged EVERYTHING that I ate today. Which I am full right now. And it came to 1163 calories. I have been satisfied and have been just munching healthy stuff all day. I am very pleased with myself and am hoping I am under 200 by the end of october! GO ME

RememberHowToSmile
10-01-2008, 09:38 AM
So I’m totally putting off doing homework this morning by posting here. I’m leaving for a weekend in San Diego tomorrow (super early) so I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a total disaster eating wise. Eating at two airports and then going strait to two presentations and then probable a meet and greet and out to a nice dinner. Oh it’s going to be bad. I did pack some workout gear because the hotel has a super nice gym so I’m going to try and get there. It’s going to be a long weekend.

Here – Yes I’ve written it down, it’s around here somewhere, I should find it and re-post it. Keep an eye out.

Ghost – Hmmm Oreos isn’t normally my choice for dinner, it’s ice cream for me. Everyone has those week moments.

Arts – Isn’t it great to feel normal and not have to shop in the one or two plus size stores. I love being able to find clothing at any store.

Carter – Good luck on your goal. Isn’t it weird how you can be full on so many calories.

AllyN
10-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Good morning EVERYONE! And HAPPY Middle of the week! Half-way to the weekend!

Remember- What are you going to SD for? I went there a couple of years ago and I loved it! The weather is so much better there than here in crummy Illinois! I hope you have fun!

Here we go again
10-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Remember- I'll be looking for it. I would love to read it.

Good morning ladies. I'm feeling a little better today. I think working out actually helped me.

I'm up to 287 today. I know that I didn't go over in calories. I wonder if it's b/c I've been sick and still sick. So strange, but I'm not tripping because I'm wearing an XL shirt today and it's kinda big! Yay!

caligirl98
10-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Somehow I found the energy to work out last night...for the first time since Friday. GUH! I'm just so not in the mood lately. I just want to laze around...is that too much to ask for? But nooooooo! I have to do all that stinking homework! Why do they assume I don't have better things to do? So yeah, I did my homework and then worked out. I have another long chapter to read tonight, so I just don't know...

Been busy at work and with school stuff and haven't had the time to be around. I miss you guys. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do...

Here we go again
10-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Cal- I was wondering where you were. You and Ghost are my road dogs during the day and both of you were MIA yesterday. I missed you guys!

caligirl98
10-01-2008, 11:55 AM
LOL! Yeah, I was barely at my desk yesterday...mostly in the warehouse dealing with shipping and inventory issues...dang busy season...I can't wait till the end of December. VACATION!!!! My school winter break coincides with my 2 weeks vacation from work…Its beautiful. It’s like being a kid again…no work and no school for 2 weeks. I cannot wait!

Here we go again
10-01-2008, 11:58 AM
That sounds fun Cali! I'm kinda with you on that one. I'm going home to Arkansas for 8 days in December. I'm so excited to have no work and to see the fam and my friends. I don't think I'll get any rest b/c everyone wants to see me. It will be fun!

Hopefully today won't be as busy for you.

ghost
10-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Here we go again: Awww, I missed you too! I'm so sorry about the MIA yesterday. My favorite of all favorite Dr.'s and his case manager came to our clinic for the day and I was chit chatting with the CM about all our drugged up patients and gossiping about hospital staff all day.

Winter is on its way, the chill in the air is a sure sign of it. I bet by the beginning of next week I'll be scraping ice of my windshield in the mornings. I think my fat insulation has caught on to that one too, it doesn't want to leave my body, my gain is still hanging on by two whole pounds. I knew that 170 was a total fluke.

OMG, a miracle occured the even the post office lady considers miraculous. My boots made it from kentucky to dutch harbor alaska in a record breaking 4 days. 4 DAYS PEOPLE! usually it takes months! Now I have super cute boots to wear all winter with thinsulate lining rated to 30 below zero...me so happy!! And my size 12 jeans should be here any day too.

Last night I did not have oreos for dinner. I had a huge chocolate chip cookie. And it was WORTH EVERY BITE!

just keep swimming
10-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Good morning EVERYONE! And HAPPY Middle of the week! Half-way to the weekend!

Remember- What are you going to SD for? I went there a couple of years ago and I loved it! The weather is so much better there than here in crummy Illinois! I hope you have fun!

Thank goodness the weekend is almost here (ish)! :D Also, aw, I have a soft spot for Illinois because I went to college there, but man, the winter does suck.

Last night I did not have oreos for dinner. I had a huge chocolate chip cookie. And it was WORTH EVERY BITE!

:lol: I love it!

caseygail21
10-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Hey girls, I wasn't able to post yesterday, I was so busy yesterday I did not get on the computer once! (that's major for me). I got paid yesterday and the bf and I went grocery shopping! It feels so good to have healthy choices in the house. I've been having a horrible time with staying on plan bc we had absolutely no healthy food and no money to buy it. I'm back on plan now, and I'm making low fat chicken fajitas tonight with fresh avocado! YUM! I've decided my weigh in day is going to be on Friday, that is what I always did before, I find that I am usually retaining water on Mondays :S. I hope everyone is having a great week so far! I'm going to go try to catch up on everything I missed yesterday!

Taylor86
10-01-2008, 03:24 PM
I got a part! It's not the part I originally tried out for, nor was it the part the director had me read for at call backs - but I got in! It is only a 12 person cast and there was 60 that auditioned and it was my first play I went for at school so I am pretty dang thrilled I got a character!

With that being said my workout schedule is gonna take a beating. My goal is gonna be for 2-3 times a week but my biggest fear is the food. I am gonna pick a nice snack for my break (apple, light cheese...etc) and then eat my actual dinner when I get home.

Does anyone have any fast dinner ideas? I am also gonna see what my HG cookbook has to say....

casey I totally know what you mean about good food choices in the house. It is always easier to make good choices when you have good food.

ghost I LOVE BOOTS. I need to get me a pair....! You gotta picture of your new shoes? I wanna see!

remember I loathe airport food. When ever I go to an airport it always give me the excuse to eat because I am "on vacation" or just "not home"....so the calories don't count

bicarter I try and write everything that I eat down, too. Good job on making that a habit...but isn't 1,163 calories a tad low?

arts THANK YOU SO MUCH for telling me to wear cute shoes. I wore zebra striped ones and it caught the attention of everyone. I will always remember that!

star2be Wow, you are doing so great - a real inspiration. Your pictures look so beautiful - you go girl!

just keep swimming
10-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Taylor! Congratulations! That's so exciting! I want to see the zebra-print shoes. They sound pretty fabulous. As far as quick dinners go, you should totally see if you can find those low-cal Joseph's brand tortillas and pitas. High fiber, too, so they are reasonably filling. They are delish with hummus, taboule, and veggies and whatever else you want to put in them. I'm a vegetarian, so I am partial to Morningstar Farms products myself.

Blcarter84
10-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Taylor86- Yeah it is a tad low but it gave me room to have some sourdough with butter later so ya know! Plus I didn't count the tea I had(even though thats not many calories).
Ok so I am sooo proud o myself, it is october first and i worked out super hard. (and resisted delicious pasta my boyfriend made last night) I ran 6.25 miles and burned 725 calories! Yay me. I just hope that next weeks weigh in is better then this weeks. But the pinch of my hips is already less so I know its coming off!

Blcarter84
10-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Oh and Taylor, totally congrats on getting a part in the play, that outta make you feel good:)

ghost
10-01-2008, 04:55 PM
OOOHhhh, Taylor, congratulations on the part! The boots are Sorel Waterfalls in a light beige color, you can google search it I guess but the zappos link doesn't work anymore because I bought the last pair. But they are cute and they are going to keep my toesies nice and toasty.

Taylor86
10-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Thank you so much girls! It feels so good to be in a small cast! It really does. And I am going to have a tiny b*tch moment. Please don't judge...I feel bad saying this but I am gonna say it anyway. The part I read for last night was given to a girl who is much bigger than me. I know that has nothing to do with it as she did a much better southern accent...but it makes me feel good in a bad way. I know it sounds really bad but that how I feel. .....Did that make sense in any way?

ghost
10-01-2008, 05:12 PM
You were too small for a fat part...b!tch away...its a good b!tch problem to have in my opinion!

artsnsmarts
10-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Taylor -- I TOTALLY know how you feel, and that totally made sense to me..... and CONGRATS on getting a part!! That's so so so so so great!! What's the show?? And I'm glad you took my advice about the shoes...it really is the truth!! I've gotten callbacks just based on the fact that producers/directors started talking to me about my shoes and then the conversation evolved into something else!!

ghost -- that's AMAZING about the boots...that's quick even within the continental US. And uhhhhh I'm sorry if you hate this but Dutch Harbor???? Deadliest Catch is one of my favorite shows!! (I'm sorry, I had to!) Also, the landscape there looks really beautiful!!

RememberHowToSmile
10-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Iím all packed and ready to good (which is good because I have to leave at 5 am for the airport). But I have been feeling really icky all day (exhausted and worn down) plus my throat hurts. Iím afraid I am getting sick. I took a multivitamin and am going to take them with me on my trip but I donít have time to get sick. Blah, I hope this passes.

Ally Ė Iím in an internship where I have had the opportunity to travel a bunch. Iím a law student and I work with veterans, we go around the country and do educational programs and legal advice to veterans for their federal disability benefits and then train attorneys on how to handle the matters. Iím going to SD to attend the young lawyers conference to try and promote our program and get volunteers. (I was actually in Chicago like 4 weeks ago to take part in a press conference that was broadcasted on a bunch of news and radio stations). I actually think the fact that Iím thinner now has helped because they always want me to be the tv interview person.

Here we go Ė that is great that the xl is getting too big on you. I put on a 2x t-shirt the other day to sleep in and I think it was literally down to my knees. It amazed me because at my heaviest that it just fit me.

Cali Ė good job getting to the gym. It so hard to balance study and working out.

Ghost Ė I totally understand the cold thing. It took a turn here today and makes me sad. The boats sounds great.

Casey Ė Low fat fajitas yummy! Great job going shopping for healthy food.

Taylor Ė Good job on getting the part!!! Airports and trips just ask for bad choices with me. Plus Iím celebrating my birthday when Iím there which is going to make this even worse. It sounds like you are planning well, I find apples make great snacks, 100 calorie packs, mini bagels, half sandwiches, and celery and peanut butter. Another suggestion for quick dinner is to buy the roaster chickens at the grocery store are good if you get rid of the skin. Also have you tried the zip lock steamer bags, my best friend showed me them and they are amazing and super quick (you can even put frozen chicken in them and cook it in the microwave.

HeatherMcG
10-01-2008, 05:46 PM
Congrats Taylor!

You should be proud!!

ghost
10-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Remember: Have you ever tried Airborne? It saved me coincidentally the last time I was in San Diego at a conference. I started coming down with a cold, got some at the airport (its a tablet you dissolve in water, so its got entertainment value too), and I started feeling better the next day, it totally gave that cold the boot. Its chock full of vitamins, with extra vitamin c punch.

Artsmart: YES! DUTCH HARBOR! Its not as tough a fisherman town as the Discovery Channel would like you to believe. And if it were not beautiful I would have left ages ago. I love the place (except for when its sub zero temps and blowing 120 mph).

artsnsmarts
10-01-2008, 06:42 PM
ghost -- I totally thought you were going to be like "uggghhhhh I HATE IT when people think Alaska is all about Deadliest Catch"!!! I can sympathize with the cold, it gets stupidly cold in Vermont (where I'm originally from), though not THAT cold. I would die. Immediately.

I was REALLY REALLY hoping to make it back to some more dance classes today, but I have a huge project due tomorrow that's turning into more of an ordeal than I expected. I'm upset because my ballet teacher actually asked me to go to this class with her, which would've been nerve-wracking since she's so great, but fun as well!! Ah well....next week maybe if I plan my time a little better.

So now I'm stuck in my apt, and I REALLY wanted to do laundry tonight b/c my apt smells like dirty clothes and I hate having them everywhere, but the grocery store was out of quarters and we only have enough for one load in the washer....not even a load in the dryer!! GRRR!! I'll make sure to get bf to go there early tomorrow so that we can DEFINITELY get it done tomorrow....it's driving me insane!

ghost
10-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Dirty laundry drives me mad too, especially when my son "cleans" his room and throws all this dirty clothes in the hallway by the laundry room door. Then I trip all over it. When I was apartment living, about ten years ago, I would wash clothes in the washers but I'd hang dry them in my apartment because the dryer required $1.00 in quarters and the washing machine required only 50 cents. I saved money and like to think I somehow saved the environment a little too. Sure, my jeans and towels were stiff, but they were dry after about a day hanging.

Iconised Ghost
10-01-2008, 11:08 PM
congrats taylor! That is really cool, you must be stoked :D

i am still trying
10-02-2008, 08:17 AM
Hi Ladies, I have been MIA for a day or so because I have been trying to re-organize my job. In teaching, usually in October there is a r-org. when all the dust has settled and you can look at class sizes and see if they aare the same as you had projected last June. if they are smaller, your school looses teachers. If they are larger, your school gains teachers. Well, my school lost 1.5 teachers. I decided to move and had an interview yesterday. I also have one today. STRESS!!!

Anyways. all that means is that yesterday I didn't eat anything until 3pm when my intervoew was done. I had butterflies in my tummy. then when I finally did eat- it was pizza, 4 pieces!!!!!!
I felt pretty sick. Probably b/c I am not used to eating that much grease anymore and b/c that was the forst time eating all day. today I am more relaxed so i dont think I'll do that again.

Taylor- congrats on the part AND i bought the Hungry Girl Cookbook.
It's great. To go along with it,i rcomment 'LooneySpoons Cookbook' and 'Eat, Shrink and Be Merry Cookbook'. Low fat delicious recipies.

ghost- I am going to buy some Airborne! It never fails, i always get sick before a flight and I have bad ears anyways and they then stay plugged for like 2 weeks if I am already sick when I fly!!

PS:
I am down 8 pounds!!! Yay, super happy. Now I am going to re-start my weight & resistance training regime.

AllyN
10-02-2008, 09:10 AM
Good Morning everyone!

So I'm supper excited that today is Thursday because that means when I wake up tomorrow my fiancee, Matty will be back! YAYAY! He hasn't seen me since I started trying to slim down! I'm kinda nervous to see what he's gonna say!

I hope everyone has a great day!

caligirl98
10-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Seriously, I'm going to fall into a coma right now...I'm almost sure of it. I am out of it. I had to be in early today because I couldn't stay late last night b/c of school stuff. So here I am, before the butt crack of dawn sitting at my desk and I have to be in early tomorrow. I don't think I'm going to make it. I think I'm going to have to quit my job and drop out of school just to get some freakin sleep.

Didn't work out last night because it too me next to forever to get some more homework done but I did manage to eat some popcorn...got butter residue all on my keyboard...will have to clean that off later. I am dreading this weekends weigh in....I just know it's going to throw me head first into a depression spiral.

UGH! It looks like I'm going to be mad busy today...

artsnsmarts
10-02-2008, 10:29 AM
caligirl -- things sound really really rough right now, I'm sorry....but YOU make the decision about whether or not the weigh-in is going to throw you into a "depression spiral". We all know how hard this is and how high the stakes feel, but with your life as crazy as it sounds, you can't let yourself get that down. Know that you're doing your absolute best, make sure you're drinking enough water and eating breakfast, and just try to stay on track. The weight WILL come off as long as you keep going :)

AllyN -- OOoooooooooooooooooooooh that's exciting!! I'm sure he's going to think you look AMAZING! If that's you in your picture you were GORGEOUS to begin with!! Where has he been and how long has he been gone?

Here we go again
10-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Taylor- Congrats girl!!! I bet it feels so good.

Cali- Keep your head up girl. you can do it. Will you be able to rest this weekend?

So, this week has been horrible partly b/c i haven't felt good. So I made a decision last night that regardless of how I "feel" I'm going to make good descisions.

Last night I made a spinach and mushroom omelet for this morning. 1 egg, 2 whites. I also made a tuna salad with no mayo. I have tortillas, spinach, and sprouts to make a wrap. I'm making healthy choices. I'm going to keep going because I can do this. I've never had to fight this hard before to keep going, but with y'alls help I will not give up. I had to just declare it for all to hear!

caligirl98
10-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Arts: I know...I should really look at the big picture...I just feel so guilty when I don't work out. What is up with that?

Here we go: UGH! this weekend...maybe Sunday I'll have some time to myself. Saturday, I have to go my God daughter’s 1st birthday party...as horrible as this sounds, I am soooooo not in the mood. All those kids with the way I'm felling...*sigh* My friend already wants me at her house by noon (set up), which means I'll have to leave my house by 11 which means I'll have to get up at 8 to work on that research paper. And then I'll be stuck there ALL day b/c my friend can never start her parties on time...

Ok, enough pissing and moaning from me; good for you making those healthy choices...I need to be more like you...I should have had a bowl of fruit instead of that popcorn, but the popcorn was all warm and buttery salty goodness. Seriously, ya'll are some gourmet type cooks, cause if I can't have it fixed and ready in 3 minutes, I'm not having it. You should see me make a salad; pour the salad into a bowl, a table spoon of dressing and I grab fork.

Let me stop BSing and get back to work...I would love an hour for lunch today...

Here we go again
10-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Cali- I totally needed that encouragement b/c I feel like I'm barely in the game right now. :) Girl, you might have to start saying no. Since you are so busy with school and work. You gotta take care of yourself. Your friends will understand that it's just for a season. You have to make sure you're ok. As far as cooking, I'm originally from Louisiana/ Arkansas so I love to cook. It's fun finding healthy things to make. My roommate loves my cooking and I've been teaching her some of my secrets.

leighish
10-02-2008, 12:58 PM
I'm considering signing up DH and I for the 5k event in the Houston Marathon in January. There is a 90 minute time limit which we could easily do walking but I think it might be fun to put ourselves out there a little bit. I think I've just about sold him on it.

ghost
10-02-2008, 01:14 PM
I am so tired today. I've been dealing with serious insomnia. I have made a concerted effort to go to bed early every night this week, but my brain will NOT shut down, I lay in bed for hours trying to sleep and it just never happens. I went to bed at 10 last night, the last time I peeked at the clock it was 4am. Then I woke up almost 20 minutes late and had to rush the morning routine which meant I didn't get my coffee, on the one day that I REALLY need it. I'm going to talk to the GP here about some sleeping pills, I just can't function like this anymore.
This morning I finally saw 171 for the second time so I changed my ticker. Last week I got as low as 170 but then it went way up to 176. My body is so weird. registering a loss after eating two slices of pizza (600 calories) last night for dinner doesn't help me want to make healthy choices. I guess what they say is true, all foods in moderation can be part of a healthy diet...last night was the first time I have ever been able to control myself around a pizza. But, I managed and I put the leftovers in ziplock bags and froze them so I can send them to school with the boy for lunch. Yay me.
And, as if my post today is not already long enough, I got my cholesterol labs back and my official number is 177, down from 213! Although, my HDL/LDL ration sucks, I need to bring my HDL up.

I'm Still Trying: Great job on the 8lbs! I was looking at the Hungry Girl cookbook last night on amazon thinking about ordering it, now I think I will.

Caligirl: You are the busiest woman ever! I hope you get to sleep all day on Sunday.

Here We Go Again: When I'm having a rough go of it, and I know I'll be easily tempted into making bad choices I pre-cook my food too. It just makes it easier to eat healthy then unhealthy. And I keep tons of fruit around because grabbing a handful of grapes or an apple is just as easy as grabbing the bag of chips.

Here we go again
10-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Ghost- I wonder why you can't go to sleep. I guess I'm in the same boat. I know it's bad, but I never attempt to go to sleep w/o something to help me. It takes me forever to fall asleep. I need to get some valerian root, that's helped me in the past.Good job on freezing the pizza and being good! I had to plan b/c I'm just not strong at all right now. I even packed my work out clothes so I can walk around for 45 min during my lunch break. I don't like the idea of being sweaty but I don't care at this point.

ghost
10-02-2008, 04:15 PM
I've struggled with insomnia since I was a child, but it comes and goes. I think it gets worse the more exhausted I get. Its a family trait really, my grandmother, my sister, and even my son have issues with it. I get it on both ends of the sleep though, sometimes I cannot fall asleep and other times I cannot stay asleep. Both are equally frusterating, especially when all I want to do is sleep. And I truley believe that my weightloss is more consistent when I get a good nights rest.

i am still trying
10-02-2008, 04:51 PM
ghost I was JUST thinking about if I could freeze the pizza DH and I ordered last night! Thank goodness you posted that you did.We ordered way too much last night. I didnt do as well as you at limiting my consumption (I had 4 pieces) but I wanted to freeze the leftover for lunches etc, basically so that I dont eat it all tonight. Now I am going home to freeze it. YAY

Also, I got my dream teaching job. SO I cancelled my second interview. I was teaching at a school that had too many teachers so instead of letting the school Board placeme at an unknown school I took matters in my own hands and went on interviews at schools where I would love to work and in positions that I dream of. Well, I got my dream job, start MOnday at a new school!!!!!

My kids, in my class, were bawling though that I was leaving. Cute.

I'm off to BodyPump, ttyl.

AllyN
10-02-2008, 04:56 PM
artsnsmarts- Thanks! He has been about 300 miles away finishing up his last semester at school! I've only got to see him once in the past 3 months because we have both been so busy! But he is here for the weekend so I'm so excited!

ghost- I totally know what you mean about being frustrated when you eat something not so healthy and the scale goes down! It simply amazes me (and frustrates me at the same time!) I haven't figured out my body yet and I don't think that I ever will!!

i am still trying-That's awesome about you taking a stand and getting something so great in return! I'm getting ready to student teach this spring and can't wait to have my own classroom! What do you teach?!

ghost
10-02-2008, 05:56 PM
ghost I was JUST thinking about if I could freeze the pizza DH and I ordered last night! Thank goodness you posted that you did.We ordered way too much last night. I didnt do as well as you at limiting my consumption (I had 4 pieces) but I wanted to freeze the leftover for lunches etc, basically so that I dont eat it all tonight. Now I am going home to freeze it. YAY

Also, I got my dream teaching job. SO I cancelled my second interview. I was teaching at a school that had too many teachers so instead of letting the school Board placeme at an unknown school I took matters in my own hands and went on interviews at schools where I would love to work and in positions that I dream of. Well, I got my dream job, start MOnday at a new school!!!!!

Congrats! about the job, not the pizza...

ghost
10-02-2008, 07:35 PM
OMG! the weather service is forcasting snow for us tonight. *cries* Not yet! I still want to hang on to autumn for a couple more weeks!!!

i am still trying
10-02-2008, 09:14 PM
i am still trying-That's awesome about you taking a stand and getting something so great in return! I'm getting ready to student teach this spring and can't wait to have my own classroom! What do you teach?!

I taught grade 2 for 3 years, then grade 4. This year I was teaching grade 4/5and now:
Spec. Ed and English

Chele615
10-02-2008, 09:25 PM
I taught grade 2 for 3 years, then grade 4. This year I was teaching grade 4/5and now:
Spec. Ed and English

From one special ed teacher to another...welcome!!! It's a tough job, overwhelming, frustrating, stressful, but completely and 100% worth every second of agony!!! So rewarding :)

Blcarter84
10-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Alright everyone so I was having a pretty good day. Got some good rest. Went to work and had a half decent day, then went to the gym and did cardio and weights. Got home and ate a little bit of food. cuddled with my boy, then went online only to find out that my life just got a little more stressful!!! I filed for child support the other day and now I am finding out that my ex had planned this 3rd baby with his new girlfriend and they have known she was pregnant for 2 MONTHS, and he is telling me now. On top of that he is saying that he is moving all over the place, so now I have to go down to the family support building and give them another address and so on so that they can find his ***! Pardon my french lol. So my broke booty is just a little frustrated. I just hoipe that I lose a couple of pounds by next week....I need a good boost to my ego!! Wel enough about that rant. sorry guys

Ghost- Awesome job only eating 2 pieces...i haven't had pizza in a long time and it sounds sooo good(i love veggie pizzas mmmmmm) I haven't ordered any since I have lived out here
I am still trying- It's sooo great that you got a job that you love, unfortunately I cannot say the same about myself but at least it kind of pays the bills!

Blcarter84
10-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Alright everyone I just ordered some pizza!! *sigh* and I entered all the information about the pizza I ordered into my fitday food log so I know how much I can eat without going over calories or anything. So I will enjoy it once it comes yum, yum. I have been at work all day so i have only eaten 444 calories today...besides I need a little treat and my boyfriend can have ALL the rest when he gets home!

Iconised Ghost
10-02-2008, 10:33 PM

BodyPump at les mills?

artsnsmarts
10-02-2008, 11:05 PM
blcarter -- that sounds so so frustrating!! I hope you end up figuring out the whole child support thing...I hope that's your baby in the picture...CUTIEEEE!!! Ya know what I say? Let yourself have the pizza. As long as you're not overdoing it.....everything in moderation :)

chele and stilltrying -- you two are angels. I don't know how you do it, it takes a special kind to be teachers....but you are ANGELS!

ghost -- i hope there's no snow....but at least you have new boots?

I'm feeling a little yucky..hopefully it'll pass because I have a SUPER long day tomorrow....5 hours of class then IMMEDIATELY...RIGHT AFTER CLASS I start work until 11:00. By the time I get home I'll have been out of my apt for 14 hours and I'll be DEAD, so I hope I don't feel like crap tomorrow, too!!

At least I'm getting a bunch of hw done tonight, though...

taragettingthin
10-03-2008, 12:41 AM
My work has been going crazily busy. Well, not really busy-busy, but things have been happening non-stop...Then homework, too. Well, I'm trying to get all the homework done.. at least as much as I can before I leave for Korea next Friday so that I don't have to worry about it as much when I'm on my vacation. My scale has been stuck at 173-174 and I really really really wanted to see 160's before going to Korea. We shall see...(as tightening ab and butt..-my "at-the-desk-workout")..

Hopefully I will be able to do some personals but I don't think I will be able to do it tonight while at work. I have 3 hour training to attend from home for work..although my weekend starts when I get off work tonight in 3 hours! Sigh.

Hope you are all having a better week!!!

Here we go again
10-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Happy Friday to everyone! I'm so glad it's Friday, it would be better if it was payday but that's ok.

So my new commitment to myself has been working. I'm back in the game. I walked for 55 minutes during my lunch break. I didn't intend to walk that much. I knew my office was on a big block but didn't realize how big until I started walking it. There were no shortcuts so once you start walking the block you're pretty much committed. :) So I walked 3 miles in 55 minutes not too bad. Then I did the Shred level 2. And...... I had gained for some strange reason... I was at 287 for like three days..... well now, I'm at 284. I'm so glad it's going down. I was sick that's the only thing I can think of, I've been staying within calories. I actually was less yesterday but still did good.

It's a new day Ladies.... Sometimes I get really creative in the kitchen. I just made up something last night. It was so freaking good. 265 cal and it was a lot of food. It had stewed tomatoes, spinach, chicken sausage, mushrooms, and onions.... I'm so making that again.

caligirl98
10-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Caligirl: You are the busiest woman ever! I hope you get to sleep all day on Sunday.

LOL! Nah...I'm just a spoiled brat...I don't particularly like working for a living and I not too fond of having all of my free time taken up my activities that I don't want to do. I assume most folks are as busy as I am...I just complain all the time. ;)

Of course I'm super tired again...was up late working on a PowerPoint of the brain...if anyone has any ideas of songs with the word 'brain' in it, let me know. So far, I can only think of Cypress Hill. I did jump on the treadmill for a quick mile and I had a bowl of pears and apples for dinner so I feel very good about that. My goal is to not pig out this weekend...Mostly because I'm getting real GOOD pizza for my birthday and I don't it to be ruined by thick coating of guilt.

AllyN
10-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Here we go again- That's great that you started back again! You are probably right about your being sick as the culprit of the mysterious weight gain. Who knows, our bodies are so strange!

Ps. I wish I could come up with something that creative while cooking! I'm awful at cooking, the only things I can cook successfully are out of a box or can and those are usually NOT good for you...:(

caligirl- I have a song that names the parts of the brain...(from Pinky and the Brain) but I can't post the link. If you want I can send you it in a PM.

I'm such a nerd!
Happy Friday!

caseygail21
10-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Today was weigh in. I gained 3 pounds ugh, I don't know how that happened. Today was my first week back on track and I really expected a pretty large drop on the scale, instead I got a large gain. I'm not going to let it get me down though. If there is one thing I've learned throughout this whole thing it is to not let the scale get me down, and just keep going! So that is what I'm going to do.

I had such a stressful day yesterday, I didn't get a workout in, but I'm sure I burned a lot of calories chasing kids around! It was almost 7 when I got home last night and I just ate supper and went to bed. Luckily, I have the day off today and I'm going to get a good work out in and try to relax a little.

Have a good weekend girls!

Here we go: That is amazing that you walked 3 miles during your lunch break. I'm usually worried about eating and sitting down for a few minutes during mine, but look at you! That's a great idea, I don't have much time on mine, but I think I"ll start trying to get a little walk in.

Here we go again
10-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Cali- isn't brain in the R Kelly/ Usher same girl song?

Ally- Thanks girl! I could give you some recipes, super easy and really good.

Casey- Thanks, I'm trying to make good use of my time b/c I'm so busy. One thing I've noticed is that our bodies are so weird and have a mind of their own. Sometimes we gain when we should've lost and lose when we should've gained. that's why measurements are so important. It's the ONLY thing that keeps me going. I haven't lost much in the past two months but have lost a lot of inches.

caligirl98
10-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Here we go: I think I may have mentally blocked that song out because they over played it on the radio...I did down load it though...I'll have to go listen to it.

Ally: pinky and the brain take me back to my younger days...after school cartoons...sigh

I'm hungry...

Here we go again
10-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Cali- I'm thinking that there are a lot of songs, I'm on a mission for you. I will see what I can find. There are some songs that are out now that have it, I just can't think of it right now. It was over played, but I liked the remix with T-Pain.

Blcarter84
10-03-2008, 01:04 PM
HAHA Ally- Pinky and the brain brain brain brain brain! We're going to take over the world. Too funny
Anyways today I had a tofu, strawberry, banana smoothie....sooo good
I didnt do that great last night, I ended up having 4 pieces of pizza so I went over my calories a little but not too much. At least I dont have the craving for stuff like that that often! I felt like I needed a treat(it was veggie pizza anyway)So today should be a great day I think!

ghost
10-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Today I weighed in up 2.5 lbs from yesterday. WTF! I'm so frusterated. I've done cardio 4 times this week and stength training once, I've been on plan with my calories, nothing too salty, drinking plenty of water. For some reason my body refuses to go below 170. I am hating my body right now. I feel like punishing it!
Thankfully it did not snow last night. But it got super cold and I forgot to turn my heater on before I went to bed. I got some sleeping pills from my doc and they worked like a charm, unfortunatly it was really hard to get up this am, groggy and a cold house...I was almost late for work. And I can't manage to get warmed up. I even wore my boots today so my tootsies would be warm but they are still blocks of ice.
I'm not looking forward to this weekend. I don't need any down time to think about food and munch mindlessly. I'm going to have to find something to do to keep my mind off of food. Too bad my house is clean...or I could spend the whole weekend cleaning it...

Blcarter84
10-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Alright Ghost we need to keep each other on track this weekend! I need to see a loss on Tuesday and you need to get below 170!! We can do this I know we can

caligirl98
10-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Ghost: I usually read when I need to keep my mind off food and I have nothing better to do. Watching TV makes me munch too much. I usually get so into a book, I don't feel like getting up to go to the kitchen.

Why do I feel fat today? I mean, yes, I know the obvious, I am fat. But why do I feel so fat today? Why is it that some days, you feel smaller and more confident and some days you feel like walking blubber?

I probably just feel like crap cause I look like crap...it's hard to coordinate an outfit in the dark at 4 something in the morning. I accidentally put on my ugly nikes which means I'm going to have to go home to change them. BLAH!

ghost
10-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Alright Ghost we need to keep each other on track this weekend! I need to see a loss on Tuesday and you need to get below 170!! We can do this I know we can

Well, a goal of 169 by tuesday would be nice...but 4 lbs in half a week would kill me. I should, according to my food log and workouts, have lost weight this week but instead I gained. But, maybe I'll lose a whole bunch of mystery weight, so I'm in, it will at least keep me on track with food and excercise to know I have a goal.

Ghost: I usually read when I need to keep my mind off food and I have nothing better to do. Watching TV makes me munch too much. I usually get so into a book, I don't feel like getting up to go to the kitchen.

Why do I feel fat today? I mean, yes, I know the obvious, I am fat. But why do I feel so fat today? Why is it that some days, you feel smaller and more confident and some days you feel like walking blubber?

I probably just feel like crap cause I look like crap...it's hard to coordinate an outfit in the dark at 4 something in the morning. I accidentally put on my ugly nikes which means I'm going to have to go home to change them. BLAH!

Right before my TOM I always feel like a blob and when I look in the mirror I see this fugly chick looking back at me...but when I'm ovulating I am in love with myself, feel great and can't stop applying lip gloss and gazing fondly at myself in the mirror....maybe thats a factor for you today.
Are there nike's out there that are not ugly? J/K, I'm a New Balance girl myself. And good idea on reading, I need to find a good book, so this girl is going to the library tomorrow. I don't watch much tv, only movies and I don't have cable so mindless tv munching is not much of an issue with me. Its more the boredom factor. I get bored and end up baking, or just big batch cooking and then mindlessly picking at the food. Big batch cooking isn't so bad, because then I have dinners for a few weeks, but I cannot control myself sometimes and I will just eat and eat till I'm stuffed.

So, do you all have any good book suggestions for my tough weekend ahead?

caligirl98
10-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Ghost, you don't want to get me on books. I like have a ton...5 books shelves in my house...4 are over loaded. I read a little bit of every thing...what genre are you most interest in?

and it's not TOM...*glancing at calendar* I still have two weeks of freedom but I do feel bloated. I just want to go curl into a ball and go to sleep...it must be the weather...they're talking about our first rain...which pretty much means folks are about to forget how to drive.

Edited b/c I must say, you don't have cable! wow..I don't watch TV that much either...it's just for back ground noise. When I first moved into my apartment, I didn't have cable, but then VH1 did I love the 80's 3D and I love those shows.

BellaHTH
10-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Hey all -- It's Friday and that's my happy thought! The week has been blah and not much to talk about. I decided yesterday to take an evening break from exercising and just chill, so I stayed a few extra minutes at work instead of rushing home. It was raining pretty hard when I left. Well, I got to my final exit, and traffic was backed up because of an accident, something that probably happened a few minutes earlier since the cops and ambulance were just arriving. It took almost 10 mins to drive 1/4 mile to the exit, and it's a scary exit anyways and one I only take now because my normal route is closed because of construction. It looked like one car had rear-ended an SUV, and the car was an accordion. There was a guy hanging out of the car (being treated in the car or trapped, I'm not sure) and two ambulances were there and one had already left with someone. Argh, I said a prayer right there for those people involved, it could have me... When I got home I just sat for a little bit, trying to let go of the whole thing. Then I ate dinner, watched the VP debate, read a little and went to bed...

AllyN -- Cooking is definitely NOT my strength either, even things in a box! Once I learn how to make something descent, I'll usually make it continually until I get sick of it.

ghost -- AHHH I agree with you on the cold, there's a chill going on around here as well. And, I found out today, that the heat in my car isn't working... Let's be angry at the cold together! As for books, I read The Memory Keeper's Daughter, which was pretty good. Otherwise I'm a bit obsessed with the Twilight saga, but it's not for everyone...

Here we go again -- Awesome with the walking! Time management is something I'm still getting my brain around...haha

caligirl98 -- Haha, yeah, it's those few show on cable for the reason I have it... I'm going back and forth on canceling it, but I'm still undecided...

And now I have a song stuck in my head, just a melody, and I can't place the movie/show I know it from. ARGH! I hate when that happens because I become obsessive until I figure it out!

caligirl98
10-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Bella: yeah, I was going back and forth too...I was barely watching it and it was a waste of $60 a month (basic expanded) but then I got TIVO which meant I didn't have to watch stuff, I can just tivo and watch it when I get time, so it's staying.

Oooh, Twilight...are you going to see the movie?

ghost
10-03-2008, 02:58 PM
I cut the cable off when my son started repeating stuff he saw on tv when he was 3, it just gave me the creeps that even on channels with childrens programming he was learning violent and sexually explicit things.

As for books, I also have many a bookself overloaded because I do not stick to one genre. I like historical fiction the most. My fav authors are Steve Berry, Dan Brown, Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. But, I read anything really.

caligirl98
10-03-2008, 03:07 PM
I like YA fiction...mostly ramance..I dabble in fantasy like Twilight and Harry potter and a little sci fi with the Uglies and 'nem. I'm currently in the mood for a little Historical Romance...Lisa Kleypas, Julia Quinn and Lauren Lee Gurkhe all just came out with books.

I did like 'Saving Francesca' by Melina Marchetta...v. good.

ghost
10-03-2008, 03:19 PM
I've read all the HP books over and over again, LOVE UM! I'm not to interested in YA fiction, but I did just listen to a YA supernatural thriller on my iPod...The Summoning: Darkest Powers book 1, by Kelly Armstrong, it was okay...kept me entertained while I was doing cardio, but the person who read it had an uber annoying little girls voice. I also really like the Septimus Heap books by Angie Sage, I've listened to all four of them that are on iTunes. I think I'm going to look into the twilight thing, I've seen so much mention of it in the last few days. even my co workers are talking about it.

leighish
10-03-2008, 03:23 PM
I've completely written off twilight before I've even read it at all. Part of me is interested but most of me says NO THANKS.

caligirl98
10-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Leigh...I wrote it off too because of all the hype...but then I saw the trailer at the movies a few months ago and gave it a go. I've read the first book and I thought it was pretty good...good enough for me to buy the second.

It was the same if the Harry Potter books...so much hype all those years, I never gave it a chance...but then last year, I read all of them. Happy I did.

Now, I know I'm not supposed to go under my calories on purpose cause you have to eat to lose weight and all that jazz, but is it ok if it just happens? Like yesterday...I had about 1300 cals (400 breakfast, 60 snack, 500 lunch, 300 dinner, 75 cal fun size milky way and 2 cups of sweet tea) I wasn't like starving or anything. Should I try to eat more, or is that ok?

BellaHTH
10-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Oooh, Twilight...are you going to see the movie?

YES! I'm on my third time reading the books (with no end in sight) and, even though I know the movie is only BASED on the book, I'm looking forward to it. We actually already have a group of people who want to see the movie, a total motley crew.

I cut the cable off when my son started repeating stuff he saw on tv when he was 3, it just gave me the creeps that even on channels with childrens programming he was learning violent and sexually explicit things.

That explains a lot about myself, it's probably where I get my best "material"... although we didn't have cable when I was in high school and I had quite an explicit mind even then.... *sigh*

I think I'm going to look into the twilight thing, I've seen so much mention of it in the last few days. even my co workers are talking about it.

Just a warning, if you do decide to start reading these, be prepared that it might take over your life until you're done (it's happened to SEVERAL people I know, it's totally bizarre!

I've completely written off twilight before I've even read it at all. Part of me is interested but most of me says NO THANKS.

Smart. Yes, don't even start. :dizzy:

ghost
10-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Cali: I was under yesterday too, sometimes it just happens. As long as you are not literally starving (like 900 calories or less) I think its fine to have a super low day every once in a while. Gawd knows I've had plenty in the last two months (of course, it balances out with my super HIGH cal day...or at least I hope it does...lmao!).

leighish
10-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Cali- It happens all the time. Consider it balance to the days where you go over ;)

caligirl98
10-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Bella, your screen name isn't from the book is it? LOL!

leighish
10-03-2008, 03:46 PM
as for twilight, I'm not even sure why i've already written it off. :shrug:

BellaHTH
10-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Now, I know I'm not supposed to go under my calories on purpose cause you have to eat to lose weight and all that jazz, but is it ok if it just happens? Like yesterday...I had about 1300 cals (400 breakfast, 60 snack, 500 lunch, 300 dinner, 75 cal fun size milky way and 2 cups of sweet tea) I wasn't like starving or anything. Should I try to eat more, or is that ok?

I think if there are some days you just aren't as hungry, that's normal. It's hard to judge what's normal for eating for me because my instincts are so screwed up in this area. But I look at friends without food issues, and they eat when they are hungry and stop when full... Maybe something you had was really filling.

BellaHTH
10-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Bella, your screen name isn't from the book is it? LOL!

Haha, no, it's actually my cat's name. HAHA I didn't even think about that on here, I must seem like a loon! I've just always loved the name/word, maybe that's part of the draw of the books, who knows...

Here we go again
10-03-2008, 04:46 PM
So it's 1:45 and I'm bored. It looks like rain here, but it hasn't rain since like April. So we shall see.....

I understand the calories lows. Today I've only eaten 1000 which is really low for me. I'm not going to force myself to eat if I'm not hungry, but then again, I'm sure I'll be hungry for dinner..... oh what to have? Does anyone want to tell me what I'm having? lol it's one of those indescive days.

ghost
10-03-2008, 04:53 PM
You want me to menu plan for you? Thats gunna cost you!
You havn't had rain since april? OMG, how I wish I was where you are. We havn't had sunshine since August, and now the mountains are covered in snow and the cold is chapping my skin on my face.

Here we go again
10-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Ghost- I might be willing to pay... lol depends what you got. :) Yeah, I live in Sacramento, and apparently it only rain in the fall and winter. That's news to me, I'm from Arkansas where you get the 100 heat and in the teens in the winter. I'm glad it doesn't get cold here. I was talking to a local here and they were telling me how it gets so cold here in the winter. I was like really? Like how cold? in the 40's. In the 40's!?! That's cold?!?! I'm going to love winters here. No snow and no ice!

ghost
10-03-2008, 05:10 PM
okay, I'll menu plan for you if I can move in with you...deal?

Here we go again
10-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Ghost- lol sure. Hey you'd be really close to yo man! I'm only an hour and 1/2 from San Fran.... isn't that where he's at?

ghost
10-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Yes, and he's signing the lease agreement on an apartment today and hinting that its time for me to find a job down there and make the move. I hate cities though! too many peeps, too many cars, too much crime...I'm an agoraphobe in many ways.

Here we go again
10-03-2008, 05:23 PM
You could always live in the burbs.... Do you think you will move or not ready for that yet? Have you lived in AK all your life?

Taylor86
10-03-2008, 05:52 PM
*bangs head against the metaphorical wall of weight loss*

Oh geeze guys...I think am loosing my grip on this life style.

caseygail21
10-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Here we go: I'm In Arkansas! Northeast... what part of the state are you from?

Taylor: I know it get's frustrating sometimes, and I hate it when I feel like I'm losing control. Just remember why you started this in the first place. I always like to look at before and after pictures when I feel like I'm losing grip. There's some great ones on the biggest loser website, and on this one! Good Luck, keep posting on here!

Here we go again
10-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Casey- Hey girl! I lived in NW AR from 9 yrs old to 24. Are you a hog fan? No on here as even heard of the hogs. SO sad....

Taylor- what's going on girl? You're doing so good.

caligirl98
10-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Here we go and Ghost: you guys are cracking me up....My friend went to Atlanta in August and she was like, "And it started RAINING! I was shocked!" yeah, we're not used to that around here. We're supposed to be getting our first rain of the season which is supposed to be less than 2 inches...you should hear the newscasters, you would think a hurricane was coming in. That's just how we act. And 40 is cold! If I can see my breath, it's cold. If there is ice on my window in the morning...it too darn cold.

Taylor: What's up?

Star2Be
10-03-2008, 06:44 PM
It's THE WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate school for stealing my soul and making me unable to talk to you lovely ladies as often as I did before. :( I don't think I can even read through this entire thread and respond to everything that everyone has said since I last posted, waaah. BUT I want to say thank you sooo much to everyone who commented on my progress pics. I am feeling good! AND throughout the course of this week I have even lost a couple more pounds... Hopefully I'm well on my way to my next mini-goal! ;)

I am feeling SO good that it's the weekend. Even though I still have tons of work to do (I actually have to ship out of here in a couple minutes to go to a school-related thing, bleh) I can feel my body relaxing anyways, hah.

Ps. Though I haven't read through the thread yet, I DID happen to notice that Taylor86 got cast in her show!! WTG!!! :D

i am still trying
10-03-2008, 06:44 PM
I am feeling a really bad weekend coming. BUT I am focused and going to remember why istarted this in forst place, like caseygail said. Also, i will be online lots this weekend. 3FC gives me reminders and support so I will check in lots. I am in a celebratory mood but i need to remember that doesn't have to always include food!

i am still trying
10-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Alright everyone I just ordered some pizza!! *sigh* and I entered all the information about the pizza I ordered into my fitday food log so I know how much I can eat without going over calories or anything. So I will enjoy it once it comes yum, yum. I have been at work all day so i have only eaten 444 calories today...besides I need a little treat and my boyfriend can have ALL the rest when he gets home!

BLcarter- That's what i did when I ordered my pizza but then I found that I felt really bloated after porobably b/c I was super hungry.

Does that happen to anyone else? If they dont eat for a while and are really hungry , which is death to those on diets, then eat and feel sick, bloated, full, gross...?

Icon ghost Yes, Body Pump but at a gym in Canada called goodlife. they run all Les Mills classes. i see you have the RPM slogan as your signature. i do RPM (Les Mills) 2-3 times a week. Do you do thse classes? I know they originated in NZ.

Iconised Ghost
10-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Ya i love the body pump class, im going to it today, i just wish i could do it more often ^_^ The RPM classes are cool too. I tried their body combat and didnt like it that much, and but body attack was a serious workout! Im looking forward to the uni holidays so i can fit more of the classes in

caseygail21
10-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Here we go: Yes I am a huge hog fan (not as much as my bf though). We're going to the Arkansas-Ole Miss game in a couple of weeks. It should be an interesting game!

Here we go again
10-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Here we go and Ghost: you guys are cracking me up....My friend went to Atlanta in August and she was like, "And it started RAINING! I was shocked!" yeah, we're not used to that around here. We're supposed to be getting our first rain of the season which is supposed to be less than 2 inches...you should hear the newscasters, you would think a hurricane was coming in. That's just how we act. And 40 is cold! If I can see my breath, it's cold. If there is ice on my window in the morning...it too darn cold.

Taylor: What's up?

I was surprised. It's drizzlin here. I mean my car is barely covered. You should have heard the people here. They starting screaming and yelling, it's raining! Make sure you're windows are up. I looking outside and was like oh it's just a drizzlin that's nothing, EVERYONE looked at me like I just shot someone. I've been in a hurricane this aint nothing.

Oh and it is just a lil chilly when you can see your breath. I don't even know what cold is b/c I never lived up north. But I know my definition of cold is if their is precipitation on the ground and it's startin to freeze, yep it's cold. I doubt that I see that here. They said I could go to Tahoe for that. Just an hour and 1/2.

Here we go again
10-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Here we go: Yes I am a huge hog fan (not as much as my bf though). We're going to the Arkansas-Ole Miss game in a couple of weeks. It should be an interesting game!

I'm so jealous!!!! I went to school at the U of A and then I used to staff the ushers for the stadium so I always had the turf id. I miss it so much!!! I get to go home for Christmas. I'm so excited. You should PM me.

ghost
10-03-2008, 07:48 PM
You could always live in the burbs.... Do you think you will move or not ready for that yet? Have you lived in AK all your life?

I've lived here since I was 7 years old except for the years I went to college (Ft Lewis in Durango, CO, KC Med in Kansas City...I live on the Missouri side, and U of CA Santa Cruz), . Burbs...thats not an option for my man, he has to be in the city because his job is in the city...he's not a commuter, or so he says...

*bangs head against the metaphorical wall of weight loss*

Oh geeze guys...I think am loosing my grip on this life style.

Well, suck it UP and GET back TO IT!! *tough love*
Sometimes its hard to stay on the ball. But in the words of Bob the Builder: "Can we fix it? YES WE CAN!"

It's THE WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate school for stealing my soul and making me unable to talk to you lovely ladies as often as I did before. :( I don't think I can even read through this entire thread and respond to everything that everyone has said since I last posted, waaah. BUT I want to say thank you sooo much to everyone who commented on my progress pics. I am feeling good! AND throughout the course of this week I have even lost a couple more pounds... Hopefully I'm well on my way to my next mini-goal! ;)

I am feeling SO good that it's the weekend. Even though I still have tons of work to do (I actually have to ship out of here in a couple minutes to go to a school-related thing, bleh) I can feel my body relaxing anyways, hah.

Ps. Though I haven't read through the thread yet, I DID happen to notice that Taylor86 got cast in her show!! WTG!!! :D

Glad you had a good week back at school, we missed you! Congrats on losing a few lbs this week, I think I found them...

just keep swimming
10-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Ooh, you ladies are talkative! :D

Taylor - You've inspired so many of us; let us help you in return! We know you can do this. :hug:

OK, so first the good: My family had Chinese food tonight and I resisted. I wouldn't have to resist if I would quit being lazy and find my own apartment now that I have a real job. ;)

Now the bad/weirdly funny: I was talking on the phone and I tried to switch the phone to my other ear and somehow in the process managed to hit my nosering with the phone and knock it into my... septum? Is that what it's called? Anyway, I got a nosebleed! From my cell phone. Ouch.

Here we go again
10-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Ghost- you lived in KC? I lived in KC for three years. I moved to CA from KC. That's so funny. It's a small world. That's cool that you've lived in a few places. I wonder if he just doesn't like commuting.

caligirl98
10-03-2008, 09:49 PM
I'm sitting here trying to think of a good place for Ghost to live so that she can enjoy our WONDERFUL weather. LOL! Outside of SF...well, there are more cities...The more inland she goes, the more small town it gets. But that's a major commute, especially over a bridge.

I need dinner and I'm stumped...I'm half azzing my homework while I watch gangland and I'm about ready to grab a cup of cheerios and call it a night...but I skipped lunch so I need to eat something real. crap...

Taylor86
10-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Blah - today was a bust. I ate chinese. Tomorrow is a new day.

I am running so low on money. When my mom died she left me and my brother a small trust fund. Nothing big but a little something to pay for school and with the stock market has just left me almost nothing. Which has left me buying cheaper food and very little money to get fresh fruit, babybel, laughing cow, chicken...etc. I don't usually buy "name brands" and stick to target brand which is pretty good. But we have no money left to do anything after food shopping, gas and money for parking.

Has any of you felt this? Like this life style has gotten really expensive lately? any ideas?

caligirl98
10-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Taylor: I know what you mean...I had to go to the grocery story today and I had only a $60 for 2 weeks because my money is tied up else where...it was so hard buying stuff cause everything seemed so expensive all of a sudden. It really is annoying that the stuff that's best for you cost an arm, a leg and at least three toes.

Here we go again
10-03-2008, 10:34 PM
I'm sitting here trying to think of a good place for Ghost to live so that she can enjoy our WONDERFUL weather. LOL! Outside of SF...well, there are more cities...The more inland she goes, the more small town it gets. But that's a major commute, especially over a bridge.

I need dinner and I'm stumped...I'm half azzing my homework while I watch gangland and I'm about ready to grab a cup of cheerios and call it a night...but I skipped lunch so I need to eat something real. crap...

lol that's funny! I wouldn't want to do that commute. i know people that make it from Sac. That's too much driving for me. And girl you better eat some real food. You need to keep your strength up.

Taylor- I kinda know what you mean. I was so depressed and I wanted to give up on the healthy everything. Is there farmer's market that you can go to and get cheaper produce? I'm feeling the economy crunch too. I've been going to Sam's and getting a lot of produce there. It is so much cheaper than going to the regular grocery store. I got a big thing of baby spinach for $3, it's really cheap there. But it depends on your region. You can do this girl. You've come so far and don't let this get you down. You've gone through tough things before, you are strong. you are capable. you are not a quitter. Make sure you keep coming on here, we'll help cheer you on. You guys totally did that for me last week end this week.

Taylor86
10-04-2008, 03:36 PM
So today started off rough for me. Pancakes and bacon but I only had 1.5 pancakes and 1 piece of bacon. Then I cleaned my entire apartment ...

I am gonna so some light progresso soup and tuna for lunch than chicken with whole grain pasta and broccoli for dinner.

Time for me to start being responsible for my health again. Thank you guys so much for kinda kickin' my @ss back into gear. That's what I needed.

And just because I got into the show, am low on money and will start getting really busy with rehearsals and school doesn't mean I DON'T have time to take care of myself. In fact - taking care of myself should take priority over anything else I do because if I am not healthy I don't have anything.

Here we go again
10-05-2008, 02:09 AM
Taylor- I'm so glad that you're doing better!

I didn't eat a lot today.... This never happens to me, but when I was eating a late lunch I had a burrito and I was full for the rest of the evening. So I did eat a couple of cups of pop corn but I still only ate 1178 cals.... that's low for me. I'm sure I'll be really hungry in the morning so it's all good.

beaka
10-05-2008, 05:24 PM
I'm still new to the site, and I'm glad I saw this forum. I skimmed over it and now I feel like I kinda know the ladies in the group. :)

As for me... I got my 1st scale, and I'm about to throw it into the wall. Since I bought it, it has been my obsession for the past few days. I know I'm eating better, and it keep saying I'm gaining. MY SCALE IS A LIAR!!!!

Here we go again
10-05-2008, 09:12 PM
beaka- I'm so sorry. I totally know how you feel. Make you you measure yourself. Measuring myself is the only thing that has kept me going. My scale never reflects what I'm doing. I have lost 4 pounds in the last three months, but I have gone from a 22 to a 18. so inches are still losing. Welcome to the group! I can't wait to get to know you.

Iconised Ghost
10-05-2008, 11:06 PM
hey beaka, welcome! I totally know where you are coming from. There are days where i get on that scale and go "what??!! How can that be???". :dizzy:

i think i have a phone interview for an xmas job today. I know an xmas job isnt like, the make or break in my career or anything, but its in an ideal location and i would love to have my work for the summer sorted. Plus, ive never done an actual interview for a job. I've done them for uni, but my jobs ive always got through people i know. Lol, so im super nervous >.< Just gotta relax, and DONT SNACK. Damn nervous munchies

Here we go again
10-05-2008, 11:13 PM
I- You'll be fine on your interview. It's cool that's over the phone. I used to work for a staffing company and I would coach people on interviews and just skills. Make sure you think before you speak, I wouldn't use filler words like um and uh. Be yourself, let your personality come through. I would also have a list of questions ready for them. It always impresses an employer when the person has questions and is thinking about the job or their future. Let me know if you need anything.

Iconised Ghost
10-05-2008, 11:16 PM
i dont have a lot of questions for them...just stuff like when they plan to let people know about whether they got it, and what skills they're looking for. I've thought of some questions they might ask, and googled some, and written some answers so i have done a bit of prep and i can have that in front of me since its over the phone to prompt me if i have a dreaded mind blank :D

Here we go again
10-05-2008, 11:30 PM
I- Some of the questions I always ask are
1. What will my job responsibilities be?
2. What is the organization of the company?
3. What is the pay cycle?
4. What type of company benefits? Remember they are selling their company to you. You are qualified and they will be lucky to have you.
5. I usually ask about evaluations. Is there a 30 day, 90 day, yearly? Do raises often occur during each eval?
6. Is there a high turnover rate for the position? for the company?

Those are just a few questions off the top of my head. My last interview for the job I have now. I had 20 questions for them. They put together a contract for me since the expectations I had for the job were different than others so I'm actually paid better and have better benefits than most of the employees. It's a smaller company but it's cool.

Iconised Ghost
10-05-2008, 11:50 PM
i always worry with questions that i am going to put them off by sounding like i am assuming i am going to get the job :dizzy: thank you for the suggestions, i shall steal some :D

Here we go again
10-05-2008, 11:55 PM
I think it depends on the job and the interview person. With me, I know I'm a good worker and have a lot of options even if there not all at the same time. lol I guess that's how I look at it. :)

Iconised Ghost
10-05-2008, 11:57 PM
yeah, its probably just a matter of judging what they are thinking (over the phone will stretch my psychic capabilities) and going with the flow of the interview

Here we go again
10-06-2008, 12:06 AM
yeah, its probably just a matter of judging what they are thinking (over the phone will stretch my psychic capabilities) and going with the flow of the interview

lol phone interviews are hard. You'll do great!

Iconised Ghost
10-06-2008, 12:09 AM
i hope so ^_^ the woman i spoke to sounded nice when she rang to arrange the time. I mean, worst come to worst, i wont get the job. Im not going to die or anything. Destress, destress, destress...

Here we go again
10-06-2008, 12:10 AM
When is the interview?

Iconised Ghost
10-06-2008, 12:15 AM
i said i was free after 4:30 today, so i'm guessing if she is calling today it will be between now and 6pm

Here we go again
10-06-2008, 12:17 AM
Sometimes I forget that you're down under.

Iconised Ghost
10-06-2008, 12:19 AM
lol sometimes i forget other people are...up above :dizzy: and then i get really confused about time differences lol. You'd think by now i would have mastered it, but i was always really useless at that kind of maths

Here we go again
10-06-2008, 12:22 AM
I totally understand. When I visited Melbourne, I automatically had to subtract 15 hours from my day so I could talk to my mom in Arkansas. It was strange. I felt like a time traveler. I mean we lost a whole day there and gained a whole day on the way back.

Blcarter84
10-06-2008, 01:20 AM
Well yesterday didn't go as well as today for calories...my total yesterday was 1900...all were pretty healthy foods though so its not a complete disaster. But today was my day off from working out so I gotta kick it into high gear tomorrow. I have to weigh myself on tuesday and I am also going to take measurements again.

Iconised Ghost
10-06-2008, 01:38 AM
I totally understand. When I visited Melbourne, I automatically had to subtract 15 hours from my day so I could talk to my mom in Arkansas. It was strange. I felt like a time traveler. I mean we lost a whole day there and gained a whole day on the way back.

Yeah i went back to england a few years ago and i just couldnt get my head around it. Not only was i god knows how many hours ahead of myself, it was also winter in england and summer in NZ so, because i was used to going to sleep just after it got dark around 10pm, i was falling asleep around 4pm :dizzy: i just couldnt help myself

i think the phone interview went well. She said she was impressed with my knowledge of the company and apparently no one else had known anything about it when they were asked, yay ^_^ Now i have to survive an inperson interview on thursday :dizzy:

Blcarter: you'll burn those extra calories off in no time, and at least you were eating healthy stuff, not stuffing yourself with junk :)