Old 09-22-2008, 11:52 AM   #1  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Default Push-up Challenge : Week 1-2

Happy Monday!
And Welcome to the 1st and 2nd week of the Push-up Challenge!

This is the place to chat about your success, struggles and whatever! Have a great week everyone and good luck to drilling out as many push-ups as possible!!!

Again, the website to find your skill level and what to do is here: www.hundredpushups.com
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:54 AM   #2  

I will start: I'm on level 2.. after a week of pushing myself and getting out of level 1! im amazed what a difference one week can do!
Im doing girly pushups and i'm working on getting myself s low as possible to the ground!

I will let you know how it goes after breakfast!!

Oh yeah.. I know some people that have worked on this challene in the past.. and they are pretty strong guys. They said it starts to really kill you at the end. I'm in no rush to FINISH thi challenge.. and am prepared to stay on a week until I ca master it. Slow and steady wins the ace!!!
Old 09-22-2008, 12:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/189/165

Height: 5'10"

Default Qeustions about levels

Hey,

I want to do the pushup challenge, but I have a question about the level I should be on. I am ashamed to say I could not do 1 regular pushup!! but I can do 12 of the knee pushups. Should I start go with my number of regular pushups and start with level one and do knee pushups or go with my knee pushup number and start on level 3 with knee pushups? I couldn't find the answer to this question anywhere on the website, maybe I am overlooking it?
lisa43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:02 PM   #4  

i do knee pushups too Go by the amount you can do in the type of pushup you are doing. Its all up to you really! I can do -10 girly knee ones.. and so im starting on the second level.
if you plan on doing kneee push ups for the challenge, go by how many knee push ups you can do! Good luck!!
Old 09-22-2008, 02:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Fauxtini

lisa43 --> glad to see a fellow witchean on here...LOL

So, just a reminder...I did 15 girly push ups for my initial test so I will be doing level 3. So...that is column 3 on week one!

I'm gonna put a link on here to week 1 if that is okay fauxtini....that way we can all access it easily!

http://www.hundredpushups.com/week1.html

Good luck everyone...I will post how my first day goes either tonight or tomorrow in the morning sometime!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:16 PM   #6  
Goodbye Fat!

Okay I am in! I am going to start at week 1
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:47 PM   #7  

I completed week one, level 2 today It was alright. lol i definilty need to remember to take a rest day between pushups.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:54 PM   #8  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

I tested today. 9 woosy girly pushups! I have no upper body strength, but that's the point of this exercise, isn't it? To develop some?

And I challenged my 14 year old, skinny as anything son to do it as well. He can do 25 full body pushups, so he's starting from week 3. But I figure my commitment is greater than his!

Cheers, chickies.
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:18 PM   #9  

Sorry...not trying to put this off...but I didn't get day 1 in tonight...I have to go to bed....I will try to get it in tomorrow ...but I PROMISE.... I will get 3 days of this workout in this week!
Old 09-23-2008, 01:37 AM   #10  
Twilight Nov. 21st '08

S/C/G: 386/363/150

Height: 5'7

I'm starting week 2 doing the third column, but I am doing wall push-ups. At my weight getting on the floor is hazardous to my knees and self-esteem. Not to mention nobody could really help me up if I needed it. I tell ya, wall push-ups ain't easy either. I can just imagine how bad this is gonna get in a few weeks. I think I'm with fautini, I will work hard to build up my strength but I am in no rush to finish. I sure can feel it in my arms though, and I like it cause it let's me know it's paying off.

Welcome to everyone joining this week. Don't feel bad if you can't do any push-ups, like the site said, most people can't do too many. Just wait till we are all dong 50 or so a day without breaking a sweat.

I really wanna goto bed now too but I'm gonna do mine so I can stay on schedule.
ChristinaGetsFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:00 AM   #11  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

So far I've just done my test and Day 1 of week 1. After my test of just 5 measly girlie push-ups (which I actually did twice because I wasn't convinced that I had pushed myself hard enough the first time around), my abs and chest just killed! Still do, even with 2 days of rest between the test and Day 1.

I'm really excited to be able to have the strength to complete this, though!
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:35 AM   #12  

Melissa: The good thing about this is that it only takes like ten minutes to do.. and yous houdlt do more than 3 times a week. It's only tuesday morning.. you have a plenty of time, girl!!

Joyra:I know what you mean about the pain! hehe my chest/shoulder area are feeling it.. but it makes me happy!

Christina: I have never tried wall pushups before, I think I might try some sometime.. it could probabaly help train me to get lower into my pushup.

We are all doing awesome! keep it up!

Todys my rest day so I will post my outcome tomorrow!

Last edited by mountain mama; 09-23-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:53 PM   #13  
Goodbye Fat!

Okay I did my week 1 day 1 yesterday. Not to bad. I am doing the girlie pushups and starting from the beginning. My arms are a little sore today, but I felt good afterwards and went on a walk
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:47 PM   #14  

Fauxtini - Thanks for understanding! I'm not gonna skip out on this one cause I know I can do it! Tuesdays are non stop for me though....like 5:30am till about 8:30pm! UGHHH! I'm beat! I went walking Monday then had to give the baby a bath! but Cross my heart....I will do three days this week on level three week 1 !!!
Old 09-24-2008, 08:33 AM   #15  

Melissa! That's the spirit!! you can do it! i have to do day 2 today.. if i can get my butt in gear!