WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 08-17-2008, 10:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 294/261/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Problem with points

Today was my first OFFICIAL day on WW. I didn't quite get in all of my points. Here is what I had today:

Before breakfast: 1 WW Oatmeal raisin cookie - 1 point
Breakfast: Smart smart cereal + FF milk = 6 points
Lunch: Ham sandwich w/lettuce and spicy mustard, 28 pringles = 6 points
Snack: 1 Swirl pop - 0 points
Dinner: 2 pizza calzones, 4 pringles & 1 WW cheesecake yogurt w/some Smart smart cereal added in: 14 points
Total points: 27

I'm supposed to have 32 points a day, but I wasn't hungry in between these meals and I had to MAKE myself eat all of that for dinner. Coming off of Atkins is driving me crazy, my mind keeps telling me that I'm not supposed to be eating this stuff.

Any ideas on how to up my points?
Tifferanknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Some sort of nutritional bar is great. They are packed with lots of good stuff, including calories. I like to use extra points on peanut butter. Maybe something light like an omelet. They just sit well with me before bed.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:58 AM   #3  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Did your leader cover the 8 healthy guidelines for Weight Watchers?
http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/a...1&art_id=21901
It looks like you're accomplishing some of them. Looks like you've got your two servings of dairy in - milk & yogurt.
But you've got even more food you need to find a way to eat: your 5 servings of vegetables & fruit. And since many vegetables are zero points, that makes for a lot more eating!

You could increase your points by replacing the zero point swirl pop with an apple for 2-3 points. Perhaps you could put some berries in your dinner yogurt with the cereal. You could add in a morning snack as well.

Best wishes on your weight loss journey.

Last edited by WebRover; 08-18-2008 at 02:59 AM.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:39 AM   #4  

Thanks ladies. After I got out of bed this morning, I started thinking about it and realized I hadn't eaten any fruit yesterday. Duh! I'll try to throw some fruit into todays menu. Thanks again.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:47 AM   #5  

Nuts and nut butters are a great way to boost point intake while not feeling like you are adding bulk to your meals. An ounce of most nuts is 4 points, and a tablespoon of peanut butter can be 3 points depending on the brand you buy!

A serving of fruit is almost always only a point, so you'd probably want to supplement it with some kind of protein (nuts, pb, egg, cheese, etc).

Definitely work on those 8 healthy guidelines, including the two servings of oil you're supposed to get a day, which is 2 points all by itself!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:24 AM   #6  

How do you guys mix your oils into your meals?
Old 08-18-2008, 09:43 AM   #7  

You can use them to dress vegetables, salads, or cook something in. If you are having chicken, for example, you can sautee it in EVOO, and that counts. If you have points for some good bread, you can dip bread in EVOO with garlic like in a restaurant. Some people are able to put it in milk and just drink it, and they say they can't taste it. I think most people opt for the salad dressing or steamed veg dressing route.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote