Old 06-30-2008, 10:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Default LC Lolitas 6/30-7/6

I think we should get prepared for a fabulous week. Are ya in?

ox

SC
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:33 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I'm in!. I'm back on plan today after a cheat meal yesterday.

I took Lacy this morning for her Driver's test and she failed the written test. We go tomorrow for her to retest. She only missed one too many questions so hopefully she will pass tomorrow.

I couldn't believe my eyes today. DH's XW finally sent her very first child support check for Shelbey. Only about 13 months past due. It's probably a hot check anyway, LOL.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Hey Hot Chick! I hope the check is cooooollllll and spendable. I'm crossing my fingers for Lacy's re-take. She needs something good to happen right now and I think passing your driving test(s) would certainly give her a boost.

I scarpered out of work a little early today. Had a rough night. My Mom and Dad and Sister came over yesterday to let me know that Mom has been diagnosed with cancer. She is 79. We don't have any details yet though. They will come in a little later this week. Once the pathology is in then we will confirm the type and stage. I'm doing pretty well with it. Of course, I had an idea that the news was not good when they would not give her the biopsy results over the phone last week. The appointment had to be cancelled due to all the fires and the terrible quality of the air so when they called to reschedule she asked if they would give her the biopsy results and then they didn't call back. That was Wed. On Friday night my Mom called me all chipper to say that she and my Dad and Sister were dropping by after a trip to Sams on Sunday. I took some ativan in the mid morning fearing the bad news so I was calm. My poor mother was so upset to tell me due to my recent bout with depression and anxiety.

Anywho, the sky is blue and the smoke seems to be blowing out of town. I hope all is well with my Lolitas.

ox
SC
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:59 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

SC, so sorry to hear of your mom's diagnosis. I hope it is treatable/manageable. Glad to hear you are doing OK. I've also had some problems with anxiety and depression since my son got sent to Iraq. I am now on med's for it. As for the unexpected child support check, I don't know whether to rush to the bank with it or frame it. LOL. This money is for DH's 16 yr. old DD that lives with us. Alas, his 18 yr. old DD just called and asked if we had any money we could spare for her. It never ends!

I just finished mowing my yard. Now when DH gets home tomorrow evening, I saved the weed-eating for him.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:40 PM   #5  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Jesus, S'calm, I'm so sorry to hear that! Very sensible of you to take the ativan up front, since you suspected how things would pan out.

I've typed half a dozen things and deleted them all, because all of them sound like platitudes. Look after yourself, and enjoy all the time you have with your mum - I hope it will be a long time, and that the doctors fix it all quickly and with minimum discomfort, but either way enjoy the time you have with her.

Last edited by broadabroad; 06-30-2008 at 11:12 PM.
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

Sorry to hear about your woes calm. I've lost 2 brothers in the past 3 years from cancer and it can be very hard. The best thing I can say is what has already been said. Spend as much time as you can with her and cherish the time you have.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:32 AM   #7  

Good morning,
I clearly remember typing a post yesterday, but now I don't see it. I bet I attached it to some other thread!!! Someone is reading it right now thinking WTF?
Calmie, I'm sorry to hear about your mom too. It's never easy watching someone you love deal with sickness. But it may not be so bad. Some cancers are not as serious as others.
Lily, my DD just got her license. I think I was as nervous as she was when she went for the test, but she did all right. Some people just "test" well, you know? It's nice not to drive her places. She's back and forth from town twice a day usually for dance, cross country or her part time job, but I know I'm going to miss our conversations. That was the one time I could talk to her when we were driving back and forth to dance, cross country or school.
I was reading last week's thread yesterday, but I never did find the Atkins Good or Bad thread. I know I probably should leave it alone, but I'd curious. How do I find it?
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:38 AM   #8  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Lynn,
Its under the UK Fat Chicks catagory...but...do yourself a favor and don't bother to waste your energy...you'd get just as much satisfaction if you beat your head against a brick wall
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

Not sure you want to read it....I have no intention of ever reading it again. Got my blood boiling and brought out the worst in me.

But if you must, it's over in the UK Chicks section.

I always hit the New Posts link and the title (Atkins) made me read it.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:20 PM   #10  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

awww, >scalmie< . . . now this. My thoughts and prayers join all the Lolitas for you & yours . . . hoping its one of the slow moving cancers that seem to hit older adults and don't progress for years - I've seen that a few times in my life.

Just like Fay, I re-typed that last sentence about 10 times.

Sorry too, to hear about your brothers snappie! Had to be hard and they had to be young? Scary stuff. >snapless<

Last I saw the ATKINS/UK Thread, kaplods was still holding her own! I said what I had to say and boogied. Cliff Notes Version: I remember being hateful about Atkins myself - mainly 'cause I was just so durn HUNGRY & JEALOUS on low fat/low calorie diets! I think the Thread is worth reading lynnie . . . lots of great info for when we encounter the same attitude from John Q. Public, ya know? I may be a whacko . . . but I actually enjoyed reading it.

Gearing up for vacay in Ohio tomorrow!!! We're going to Cedar Point/Roller Coaster World . . . Air Force Museum - where dh to hook up with best bud from Vietnam that he hasn't seen since - then onto RocknRoll Hall of Fame and the Christmas Story House (You'll SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT/Fa Ra Ra Ra Ra . . . !) and then back to a 2nd day @ Cedar Point! 1st time we've been really out of state in years - lots to do but find myself here - Go Figure! Getting my FOCUS ON, I think?

Have a Terrific Tuesday Lolita's!

aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:02 PM   #11  

Hey thanks. Really I just want to read it to prepare myself for the real life encounters (which I've had a couple of).
Audie, in my post yesterday I was remembering Cedar Point. We loved it, but my kids were too young to do the big rides at that time. We've been to the Rock and Roll hall of fame with the same kids who were old enough to ask the difficult question, "How come your generation has/had so many references to drugs?" I had the standard answer ready- "ah, I don't know. Lets go get ice cream."
My post yesterday also welcomed Lily back- we missed you!
Thanks to you to Snapless. That is very hard to lose two brothers to cancer. I can't imagine. I think I read on another post that you chose your screen name while reading Lost message boards and I'm wondering if I ever read you there. I used to read them a lot a year or two ago. When they had the long break early this year, I kind of lost some interest.
Off to hit my head aganist the wall of Atkins infamy!
Old 07-02-2008, 12:47 PM   #12  
aud
lc lifestyle

Cooooommmmeeee baaaaaacccckkkk lynnie!

Sorry your Post about Cedar Point didn't make it to the board . . . I've heard a lot of good things about the place. I'm really looking forward to THE CHRISTMAS STORY HOUSE - Fa Ra Ra Ra Ra . . . lmao - think I was still doing drugs when it first came out?

Fielded THOSE questions with my 21 yr old by saying the essential truth: "It was a different time and place in the 70's/early 80's." "Never did snort rat poison/fertilizer gasses like this generation" - egads!

But I digress.

Have a fab week Lolita's! Lil One is taking Big Sis's laptop so may pop in.

ttyal!

Old 07-02-2008, 01:33 PM   #13  
aud
lc lifestyle

PS: I'm so glad Dog-GONE, lily!

I remember your fall!

Segue into . . . speaking of falls!

Tess & I were doing some last minute laundry in the Wee Hours - ended up falling flat on my face on concrete!!!!!

Woke up this morning feeling like I'd been in a car wreck!

It's always something, ain't it?
Old 07-02-2008, 01:59 PM   #14  

Aud, We missed the Christmas Story house which is kind of strange since my husband is obsessed with the movie. We have to watch it for 24 hours every Christmas. Alot of my Christmas photos have the Christmas story on the T.V. in the background. I liked the move too, but you can get too much of a good thing....
Haven't talked about drugs too much with the 16 year old, but did find myself having the "times were different back then" talk about sex. Even that is more dangerous now then it used to be. She's a good kid though and not likely to need either talk right away. Now her older brother and sister should have had even more talking to!!!
I read the infamous Atkins thread last night and it took a looong time! I didn't even follow all the links. What struck me was, "why do they care?" It makes more sense for the Atkins Defenders to be looking for research and arguing about their choice. Why are the Atkins detractors going to so much trouble to prove a point they have no stake in? Are they just so kind and generous that they want to save us from ourselves? hmmm, didn't sound all that kind and generous to me, but what do I know?
Fay, do you have a background in debate? or are you just a natural? I loved it when you told them exactly why their arguements didn't hold up.

So I can totally testify that the low carb way of life keeps my appetite in check. Over the weekend I was (unfortunately) doing the "tasting" thing with some of the desserts. By Sunday night I found myself eating butterscotch chips out of the bag. Sweets have never been a big thing for me, but I was kind of crazed. Two days back on low carb and I wasn't even very hungry for my lunch. As long as I keep reminding myself of what a relief it is to not be hungry, I should be able to stay low carb for life. I haven't been losing lately, but so far I'm not gaining either.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:31 PM   #15  
aud
lc lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnar View Post
Aud, We missed the Christmas Story house which is kind of strange since my husband is obsessed with the movie. We have to watch it for 24 hours every Christmas . . .

Confession: Your dh & I are soul mates! ALL pics in the living room @ Christmas Time have Darren McGavin in the background!!! LOL! My neph-in-law that charted our Ohio itinerary is obsessed as well! YAY!

. . . . Are they just so kind and generous that they want to save us from ourselves?

OMGosh - ROTFLMAO lynnie!

Fay, do you have a background in debate? or are you just a natural? I loved it when you told them exactly why their arguements didn't hold up.

BAB's was AWESOME . . . JG, lily & snappie RAWKED ON as well!

Gotta say Bye Again . . . for real this time . . . Tx for the Packing Stress Break Lynnie-Lolita!