Old 07-02-2008, 03:06 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Hi All!!!! We are winding up to the big weekend!!! The Big Cheese just called me in to tell me to take tomorrow off so I'm a happy camper. I'm just popping in to say howdy then I'm off to meet with a contractor and developer who decided to open the three pools in a new subdivision...tomorrow. It has been a round robin of rushing. Got porta potties delivered yesterday (yes sometimes my job is glamorous) and have a security company meeting me at 2:00 (since there are only about 60 families living in this project out of 1500 projected the propensity for monkey shines at the pools will be considerable). Hey...porta potties have come a lllloooonnnnggggg way. These even have air conditioners! One of the developers told me he is going to jump into one of the pools after our meeting today because he has been responsible for building over 30 of them on projects and never yet had a swim in one of them. I have my swimsuit on under my clothes and if he jumps in I'm going to as well. You would not have caught me doing that 40 pounds ago.

Auddie and Lynnie: I would say I want some drugs but...never mind. I'm already on some. tee hee. Fay...you did rock on the debate. Lily how did Lacy's retake go?

I will check in after my meeting and after I pick up DD9. She will be soooo excited that she gets a break from summer school tomorrow. FYI I told the Big Cheese that we had a "While the Cat's Away" party when he was gone. He loved it. I told him that was good because he needs to be out one day later in July so I can have a Halloween in July party and show a slasher film and eat pumpkin pie. Of course, I will make my version of pumpkin bake and cream cheese for me with Splenda.

Love to all.

SC
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:43 PM   #17  

I guess everyone is starting their holiday early. Can't wait to get going on mine!! I'll be eating burgers without buns and lots of chopped veggies! We'll be swimming and watching fireworks. My goal is to not come back into town until Monday! Since we're not going away, the house will have to become my vacation cabin which is all right actually, if I can get enuf groceries to avoid returning to town. I'm hoping my big kids are around some too. I hope everyone is planning something fun!
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:36 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Happy Fourth to all! V.V. wierd here. It is cloudy and windy. I have all the windows open to take advantage of some fresh air though. We have no big plans. We can see fireworks set off at the local mall from the house so we will gather with the neighbors and chairs at about 9:00 and watch and have homemade ice cream then we all set off our fireworks in the street. DD is always excited for the fourth. Hope everyone has a fab day!!

SC
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:35 PM   #19  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi all I have missed you. I will not try to c atch up,. (just get back from working all day, the sick do not take a holiday)

i am here not op at all. Work has been stressful and home life even more so. Work will settle down but for the last 2 months i have been orienteing some one and spending so much time with her my own work has not been getting done. and giving support on the phone to two of them about 1 hour a night ontop of everything else. I should have some time to slow down soon and get my self back OP. and get my self caught up.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:51 PM   #20  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I was just starting to catch up whne i read that you have a few with new drivers
Well let me tell you a funny (NOT) story I had. dd2 went during a semi blizzard to get hers. and i guess that they felt that she was a good driver (they passed her the first time) for just being there and driving a bit in the snow. well within the first year in this order. she rolled through a stop light and got a parking tickedn was going 80 in a 55 and got off by crying so hard in the court she could not say her name (she had to write it) and was given a parking ticket, (but had to take a defensive driving class) after she was released (that very same day) she rear ended a car in slow traffic. she slowed down for a few months as her car was not reliable. the picked up at christmas time when i got a call. "Mom I just hit a person." make sure you call the police and get their insurnace information. the police are here mom i hit a person!! It was just like in the movies they rolled up on the winshield and all!!!" well you can guess what was going through my mind. (person reporrted that it was her fault she ran in front of a truck that had stoped for the red light thinking she can get across before it turned green, dd was driving up the the light and saw it was green and stepped back on the gas and they collided she just broke her leg) then a week later she was hit broadsided just some body damage and new tire.

so with that i wish you good luck with the new drivers!!
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote