Goal Photo Album - Six months of maintaining my *ultimate* goal!

NightengaleShane
06-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Back in 2007, I lost 40 pounds. (My before and after pictures are located in my sig, if you haven't seen them already/want to see what I looked like when I was fat.) However, I reached my ultimate goal of 125 pounds in January 2008. While my double chin may be gone, I'm sure that to some extent, it's been replaced with a different form of thick-headedness ;)

I've been asked countless times for advice on maintaining, so here it goes, to the best of my abilities:
As everyone knows, maintaining is a struggle every day, just like losing. Making health and body-conscious choices in a world full of junk food, obesity, and misinformed people is a challenge, but I'd rather put myself to the test forever than be fat again. :) I've fallen off plan countless times, and then I tell myself that for some people, maintaining a healthy weight (and keeping a "nice" body :lol:) is just like anything else you really want in life: you work hard for it, perservere through every curve thrown at you, and don't give up just because you mess up... we mess up at things like work and school all the time, but we don't lie in bed all day because of it :) --these thoughts, of course, are meant to be words of encouragement, NOT words laced with disgruntled undertones and I hope they will be interpreted as such.

My biggest goal right now is to have an action hero chick type body. I'm 17.5% body fat with a goal of 16% and I eventually want to have nice abs, though the loose skin I now have from losing 50 pounds sort of discourages me. I still keep trying, though, and maybe one day I'll get it.

http://a717.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/21/l_36dcf51aa5409576df114565ff5a379c.jpg

http://a194.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/93/l_1887e9af5a731ff1babf7fdbb58bb9f9.jpg

http://a136.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/25/l_aca8e0b1c427506c7d96e0474051aac7.jpg

http://www.custom-international.com/narcissism/goofysmile.jpg

http://a921.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/49/l_94c77f8020fa5f24f8f00128d31f8b48.jpg

http://www.custom-international.com/narcissism/plaid1.jpg

Check out my guns:
http://www.custom-international.com/narcissism/buff.jpg

And here is the progress on my abs:
http://www.custom-international.com/narcissism/absnew.jpg

http://www.custom-international.com/narcissism/abprogress.jpg

walking2lose
06-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Hey Shane!

You look so beautiful. Pretty fierce "guns" and abs. I have to tell you that only one time in my life did I have 17 % body fat (that I know of), and it was when I was a senior in high school and in VERY good shape from both swimming and being an avid varsity field hockey player. My body fat was tested at a college hockey camp. You are in great shape and way to go on maintaining.

How's your business going? Life? Good to "see" you back at 3FC!

fiberlover
06-22-2008, 01:08 PM
You look fabulous!!

Matilda08
06-23-2008, 04:09 PM
You look great keep up the good work!

JayEll
06-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Shane! :wave: Toooooo HOT!!! Yow! You keep on going, girl, and you know you'll get there. Wow, great number for body fat %!

:cheer2: :cheer3: :cheer2: :cheer3:

Jay

Tomato
06-23-2008, 07:29 PM
The action hero abs will happen in no time, I am sure of that (by the way, that's my secret dream as well - but as far as body goes, well, let's just say that's a long and curvy road ahead of me).
You look very happy, and BTW, your haircut ROCKS!

anewme625
06-23-2008, 09:11 PM
you look great

djs06
06-23-2008, 11:40 PM
Looking fab!

Mrs Snark
06-24-2008, 02:38 PM
Wonderful, you look GREAT!

evilwomaniamshe
06-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Hey Nite,
You look Fricken FANTASTIC, capital F! Maintenance certainly is working for us. Nice to see your smile in a pic too, oh happy days we are both maintainers now and holding our own. Your action figure physique "supershane" will be in your near future I am certain! Rock on chickie, rock on.... ~Wendalyn

pamatga
06-24-2008, 04:17 PM
I was wondering how you were doing and what you've been up to. I can see now what it was.

You look great. You look good. And, you did.

We're so proud of you! I just love this new hairdo of yours.

Keep up the good work. ;)

GradPhase
06-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Wow! Way to go!!

NightengaleShane
06-24-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm glad everyone loves my hair - I'm rather absorbed with it myself :lol:

Claire - the web business is going... well... eeeh, let's just say I am also thankful for my dayjob! :lol: Dang recession! BUT I am a certified personal trainer now. I freelance at the YMCA and have two separate clients. I'm finishing up an eBook and then will advertise further. Life is going pretty well... I can't really complain right now; I'm content. :) And thank you for saying I look beautiful :D

Tomato - I bet you are further along than you think... and anyway, you have to start somewhere. Look at my "before" pictures; I was FAR from looking like an action hero once (heck, I was FAR from looking the way I do NOW, let alone my ideal body!)

Tyler Durden - I have always meant to tell you that I love your avatar and caption. It cracks me up every time... especially since I LOVE Fight Club and can almost quote it word for word.

Wendalyn - you should one day post pictures of yourself since you've maintained your loss for a year... I bet you look amazing, too.

pamatga - awww...compliments in bold... well... thank you :D

rockinrobin
06-25-2008, 03:26 PM
WOWZER!!! You're looking smokin'. FIRE HOT!!!

Great job Shane. Really. You're just doing amazingly well and I'm so incredibly proud of you. I think you are phenomenal for taking charge of your health/weight at such a young age. Keep up the great work. I know for sure that you will, though. For sure. :)

gailr42
06-25-2008, 08:31 PM
I am a sort of conservative senior citizen, but I have to say that I really like your "look". Very striking, very interesting. I would like to get my hair done like that. My DH would probably have heart failure. :lol: :lol:

Big congratulations on having the sense to get a grip at such a young age, and even more congratulations on your maintenance!!!

broadabroad
07-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Bloody well done you! And your pics are SMOKIN' hot! (I nipped over to check out your before and after pics, and the contrast is striking - and it's about attitude as much as your increased fitness & hottitude, because you're clearly a lot more at home in your skin, and unapologetically so. Good on you!)

Robot
07-04-2008, 09:31 PM
You look amazing! It definitely motivates me.

valpal23
07-06-2008, 01:39 AM
so good to hear you've maintained your loss! way to go and congrats on your hard work and determination :) Looking good!

Rain Dancer
07-06-2008, 03:29 PM
You look fantastic. Fit and healthy. The words on your first post and your pictures are inspirational. Thank you for sharing them. :D

xJox
07-08-2008, 02:22 PM
You look really great, but Ive been sayin that all along. lol WTG on maintaining!

goinforthegold
07-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Shane you look phenomenal!! HUGE congrats on maintaining the weight loss!! :D :D

sm177
07-08-2008, 09:27 PM
the difference is amazing! you must be so happy, congrats!

amyx33
07-11-2008, 11:19 AM
you look great!!
good job:D

Casandra
07-14-2008, 08:10 AM
Shane... <3 I'm so proud of you. Get in touch woman! :x

BlueToBlue
07-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Shane, you look fantastic! You've just completely transformed yourself. And I think your abs look great! :cb: :broc:

maalisse
07-22-2008, 05:27 PM
*WOLF WHISTLE* Yowza...lookin' good! Strong is sexy! You look very athletic.

EZMONEY
07-24-2008, 12:36 AM
How did I miss these KIDDO? cute!

As ALWAYS...your personality....well...I LOVE IT...LOVE IT! :hug:

lessthanthreeme
07-25-2008, 09:31 PM
You look GREAT!

Jennifer 3FC
07-30-2008, 01:19 AM
WOW Shane, you look FANTASTIC!!! I'm so happy to see you this way! :carrot:

modcat44
08-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Amazing Shane! SOOO awesome! I am new here to 3FC, and your story has really inspired me. In fact, I just had an unbelievable insight (for me) into how to continue to work at it, and maintain progress--I see the successful people keep setting NEW goals, and having NEW challenges to work towards!

I know this must seem so obvious to everyone else, but I am just realizing this now. There isn't just ONE goal I should reach, but a series of ongoing goals shaping my fitness, as in my life. (duh!)

I have had multiple goals in other areas of my life, but my weight has had a one-dimensional aspect to it--either I was fat and gaining, or starting to "get in shape", (but too slowly), or just plain "overweight". Everything revolved around my clothing size--which is why I have multiple sizes of clothes in my closet that I've had for years now! I keep yo-yoing back and forth between size 16-18 to size 12 for at least 5-6 years--and I have never gotten below size 12 for at least a decade. Whenever I'd hit size 12, I'd congratulate myself and say I'd need to continue to lose and to get in better shape with my fitness level, but essentially I quit watching, being careful, and I'd give myself permission to eat and be lazy. And then, of course, several months later, I was back where I started, or worse.

But now I will continue to set new goals to reach regarding not just size, but activity level, body fat, muscle definition, cardio capabilities, etc.

Thank You Shane--maybe this will be a breakthrough for MY success!

lexi1975
08-03-2008, 11:10 PM
you look awesome!!!!

Findmyself
09-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Wow!! You look great!!

LadyPhoenix
09-24-2008, 11:51 AM
NightengaleShane, the fact that you've maintained your weight loss for so many months shows such a commitment to your process. When people say discouraging things like '95% of people who lose weight will gain it back' you wonder if it's really possible. But you have shown that by doing the work everyday, it's possible :-)

NightengaleShane
09-24-2008, 09:41 PM
LadyPhoenix: it's been almost ten months now :D

And... the reason lots of people gain it back is because they revert to their old habits once they lose the weight. They view their weight loss food/exercise choices as a temporary regimen, when in reality, they should be following a modified version of those practices for life (as long as they truly are losing weight using a healthy method, of course!)

I can honestly say I completely turned my life around. There is a long list of foods I choose not to eat and activity is a huge part of my daily life. I don't know how to do anything without complete passion and dedication... if I am going to DO something, I am going to wholeheartedly COMMIT and throw myself into it like there's no tomorrow. I have turned health and fitness into my life (personal trainer/nutritional consultant now and will be competing in the Ms Gainesville open bodybuilding contest next year :D) to the point of where it is hard to imagine myself as the person I once was. I have an entirely new passion that I didn't really have before losing all the weight.

And while all this may sound like bragging, it's not. Statistics are silly. The maintainers forum has a whole slew of people just like me... heck, people even BETTER...people who have maintained losses for two, five, six ++ years... we ALL can do it... we can overcome all kinds of obstacles that life may throw at us to get there... it's just a matter of how much we WANT it! ;)

Phoenyx
10-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Wow! First I want to say, you look FANTASTIC! I went through your before and after shots... what a transformation!

You also bring up some really good points in your above post. Its the mindset of the 'dieter' that ultimately sabotages their success in getting the weight off. Been there, done that. Hopefully I've learned my lesson and look at my weight loss as the beginning of a lifestyle change instead of the end result.

I like the 'action hero chick' physique goal... cracked me up! But a much healthier goal than 'stick figure model'. :D

aangel22
11-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Great work:) I wish I could get my stomach to look that good, and my arms. :D

DIVALISHOUS
02-08-2009, 04:21 PM
looking really great, you'll get those abs you want, I'd say you are almost there

jendiet
07-10-2009, 01:22 PM
truly an inspiration! Way to go on shaping up. Beautiful muscle tone!

fra
09-12-2009, 01:02 PM
your black haired pic makes me think of Kate Moennig *drooool*
amazinggggg ♥

CakeBatter
09-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Shane - You look awesome and you are one my new inspirations!!!

helpmelose
10-02-2009, 01:07 AM
You look great!!!