Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-19-2008, 12:55 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default swimsuit problems

UGHHHH I can not find a swimsuit! I only have a couple weeks left before I NEED one. I've lost about 40lbs and now I'm ~200lbs. I just can't find something that fits. I tried on like every suit at target. the bottoms fit fine (although they look horrible!)...but the tops are impossible. I have a large chest, but my stomach is relatively flat. I don't really have a bulge until you get to the pooch which I don't even want to get into right now ....

Anyway... when i find one to fit my boobs, they make me look pregnant. I work at Lane Bryant part time, but their swimsuits don't really do it for me.

I just don't know... it makes me feel like crap. The worst part is that I'm taking a trip up to my family's cabin...a lot of my friends from college are coming with, I haven't seen them in a year---specifically this one guy.................

All I want is a suit that doesn't showcase my cottage cheese theighs, but isn't a skirt type one. I also found halters work best for me... I just can't find the right one!

Where do you guys get swimsuits? Would getting a tan help hide some of my flaws? I'm sorry I'm whiney
mxgirl737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/210/150

http://www.swimsuitsforall.com/

I found a few cute ones there..Worth a shot to look atleast.
Good luck!
martinlady711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I'm a similar height and approximate weight to you and I found the best thing was to buy a two-piece which are sold as separates so I could get the sizes to fit. I chose a tankini with a swim mini from Landsend which do have tops in different cup sizes (I got a D cup top in a size 16 which fit although I'm usually a DD in bras). I think if you get the correct fit you'll feel more comfortable in yourself.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/170/150

Height: 5ft 6in

The idea of a two piece with different size top and bottom is what works for me. Don't dismiss the idea of a skirtini type of suit...some of the styles look really cute, and you may feel more comfortable at this point in your weight loss. I always feel better in a suit with a skirted bottom.

....deedee....
deedeesugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:29 AM   #5  
nothing can stop me.

S/C/G: 260/249/160

Height: 6.00

you can go to www.sowhatif.com you will find a lot of website that sale swimsuit.

http://www.sowhatif.com/swimsuits.htm
smyrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:29 AM   #6  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

Mxgirl,
I have to say a tan/spray tan will do wonders for your confidence and how you feel when in a bathing suit... From your photo I can see your style is trendy/edgy... Try a different store... Maybe Old Navy or H&M? They might have some trendy suits that fit your style. Maybe a board skirt rather than a skirtini would work for you?

Good Luck...
Marathon Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:24 PM   #7  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Do you have a torrid where you live? They have cute swimsuits there. Good Luck
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

I have to agree with Kitty...LAND'S END. Look online. Order a few and try them on at home, send back the ones that don't work. They have bottoms that help hide that pooch...holds it in really well without being uncomfortable. I am also bigger on top and found thier tops work very well and have good support.
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:06 PM   #9  
prepare for the BEST time

absolutely Lands End....they are currently having a sale too. you can shop by body part.

I did the 2 piece underwire bra halter and "swim-mini"
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:17 PM   #10  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I found a cute swimsuit at target, in the maternity section. I usually don't do tankinis (they usually show my midsection, which is what I need to cover) -- but the maternity suit fits me perfectly.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:40 PM   #11  

Height: 5'5"

Thanks everyone...I'm going to take a look.

It's horrible...usually I'm pretty confident...but I'm telling you, this swimsuit thing has got me freaking out. My grandma gave me her woman's within catalog. They have a couple cute ones actually... but I don't know. I'm sorry I'm being so insecure :-S
mxgirl737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:28 PM   #12  
start march 29 2008

S/C/G: 286/140/135

Height: 5'4''

I really like Lands End as well- the fabric is good. One warning I have bought a suit from Lane Byrant and Delta Burke and I found their fabric odd- I think it wasn't stretchy enough- more nylon so it just didn't feel right -for me. I also found that the Delta Burke skirt bottoms are quite short- which if you have the legs for it is great- I don't. One brand i really like is Christina-very stylish -all they do is swimsuits. I think you would have to get them at a dept store or swim store but on occassion Costco has had them. Miraclesuit looks great on but it is a workout in itself getting them on.
lifechange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 297/137/150

I found great mix and match separates at Sears. I got a pair of Board Shorts - like surfers wear but a little shorter for us girls- and a halter top. I like showing off my girls but like to hid my pouch at the bottom so it worked well for me.
Ophelia924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:05 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 172/165/140

Height: 5'4"

I have the problem of finding something to fit my chest not making me look pregnant as well. I'm 5'4", 165 lb right now but I'm a 36G. I can't buy a 14 or an 18 because I'm so disproportionate. Land's End didn't work for me either. I've spent a year looking for a store that sells bras that fit well and don't look like body armor. It's a women's boutique that sells bras to hold prostheses after a mastectomy. They also sell nursing bras and specialty bras like what I'm looking for. I mention it because they also have some great swimwear. It's expensive but I plan to invest next trip to their area. Maybe call around and see if you can find a women's boutique in your area. Even if they don't stock something, they may have some catalogs from their suppliers that have what you need. HTH
pamperedsteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:35 PM   #15  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

If you have a Sears near you I would really check it out to see if they sell Lands End - some Sears are selling Lands End now, and I absolutely love it. They have a great bathing suit section at the Sears near me, and Lands End is great for finding separates, especially if you need two separate sizes like I do (smaller on bottom and bigger in the bust area). Lands End has great tankinis too in great colors. I have had great success with them in the past. If you don't have a Sears near you with lands end, I would recommend trying their online catalog. Good luck!
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote