LA Weight Loss - Body For Life

View Full Version : Body For Life

FlabulessPhyllis
06-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Hey anyone tried Body for Life? We are having a biggest loser competition at work and I chose this book. I think the fitness routine is awesome! My whole body hurts but i've already lost 2.5lbs and I don't have to exercise as long as before! YAY!:D

Meg
06-18-2008, 03:43 PM
Phyllis, there's a big crew of BFL alumni in the Weight and Resistance Training forum (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80) and I know they be happy to answer any questions for you or tell you about their experiences. I see that there's a BFL thread there right now that you might want to check out too. :)

Bill Phillips' brother Shawn just came out with Strength for Life (http://www.amazon.com/Strength-Life-Fitness-Plan-Rest/dp/0345498461/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213818151&sr=8-1), which is supposed to expand and complement BFL. I haven't read it yet but it's received good reviews.

Good luck! BFL is a wonderful program that's gotten some amazing results. :carrot:

FlabulessPhyllis
06-18-2008, 04:16 PM
Suh-weet! Thanks Meg. I had done a search and couldn't find anything. I will check that out :)

mkat321
07-01-2008, 10:51 AM
so BFL is supposed to be a weight-training guide? I picked it up last night because a friend said it was a total program. :( guess I should have looked here first huh? :( there's $20 down the drain

Meg
07-01-2008, 10:53 AM
No, you haven't wasted your money at all! BFL is a total program that encompasses nutrition, cardio, and weights. All three are essential for healthy weight loss. :)

mkat321
07-01-2008, 10:59 AM
okay. phew. I was a little worried there for a minute! It startled me to come on this morning and search for Bill Phillips and the first post I found was followed by one directing the OP to the weight lifting forum.

Good deal then, I have to take the car in for electrical work today so I'll crack the book open then and see what it's all about. If I decide to go with the program, would it be okay to post in this forum looking for a buddy to do it with or should I check in the weight forum?

TheBeesKnees
10-01-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm hoping to apply the meal plan layout by using my MR. Bento. That ought to help out with portions, etc.

MissGiggles
10-02-2008, 12:34 PM
I don't follow it to a T but it is a good book.