WW Clubs and Groups - Health-Focused Friends

View Full Version : Health-Focused Friends

Jane
06-13-2008, 11:25 PM
Hello! :wave:

Here's a group for any Weight Watcher members (or anyone thinking about joining) to check in, get support and encouragement while trying to become healthier, not just thinner. We want to focus on eating a wholesome diet, exercising more, having a positive outlook on life, and losing weight along the way. This is what Weight Watchers promotes anyway, but sometimes it's hard to stay focused. Together, we'll make it!

Ok, tomorrow is going to be a challenge for me. First, I have a brunch at our church, then in the evening, I'm going to my nephew's wedding and reception. Food, food - everywhere FOOD! I hope there will be some points-friendly foods at both places. Combining some-points friendly foods with portion control, and some preplanning should get me through the day. I plan to have 2 egg whites for protein before the brunch, and some walnuts a small bit of turkey before the wedding so that I'm not too hungry by the time we actually eat.

Who else wants to focus on becoming healthier? :carrot:

pattygirl63
06-14-2008, 02:27 PM
:wave:Hi Jane,

I'm here. What a great idea. I think some of us have come to realize that we have to eat the healthy foods... veggies, fruits and whole grains. I just read that these are the foods that boost our energy. Maybe that is why we get so tired when we WW use so many pts on the junk foods we like to eat. Now I understand why the new 100 calorie snacks which we are allowed to have not only do not help me to lose weight, but they also seem to drain me of my energy. It would interesting to learn how certain foods affect each one of us. I don't think it hurts to have some of these things perhaps on "special" occasions and plan them within pts, however, I am convinced there should be more healthy foods eaten.

I hope you had some WW/pts friendly foods at your gatherings, but if not do the best you can. My sister who does WW has one day each week that she eats what she wants. I'm not sure I could do a day, maybe one meal or one snack. I think eating a little something before is a good idea. I have read some where about doing that to keep yourself from being too hungry. They told what to eat, but I don't remember what and not sure if I kept it or not. But I think you made good choices.

Have a great day.
:hug:Trish

da fat n da furious
06-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Jane,,,that is planning on staying on plan...ha ha see the circle there...but taking a healthy snack that will tide you over will eliminate the feeling of wanting to gorge. I am the snack lady at work...I have a drawer full of healthy nuts, granola bars and popcorn,,,(no butter or salt popcorn which everyone hates...lol more for me)

Because I have been working long hours I have learned to bring lots of things to work. So I have instant oatmeal,,,the 33% less sugar which I just love. Add a cup of fruit and its a full meal deal.
I bring cans of soup...some crackers. Hummus...(anyone else addicted?)
and lots of bottled water.

I know by planning ahead I don't feel like cruising the vending machines,,,or going to the gut truck (we have a woman who drives a truck with hot and cold foods,that comes by our work twice a day) I refuse to eat off of it...just gross over cooked,,lots of fatty foods. The most Ive eaten off of it is cheese,,,she sells small 1 once packed cheese.

Well Im off to finish cleaning the house...lots of laundry and huge dust bunnies.

ttfn

Jane
06-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Hello,

Trish - I think you're right about junk food. Too many carbs in general tend to make me lethargic, even if I'm within my points limit. Seems there are a whole group of people that have a "treat day", either saving their points, or going off plan. I guess I'm just the sort of person that would find it to difficult to get back with it the next day. As you said, a treat "meal" is more like it.

Angie - I like hummus, too. The first time I had it was with some friends in Philly, and it was so good! This isn't a dish that's well accepted in rural Indiana, though, lol. A big YAY to you, being the "healthy snack" lady at work.

I made it through yesterday without blowing it. The brunch was trickier than the wedding reception, since there are so many good cooks in our church. At the reception, I did well with the meal, then skipped cake and punch. I don't really like that kind of cake, anyway.

Today's Father's Day meal will be ok, point wise, since it's at my house, I made sure there are plenty of healthy foods.

How's your day going?

pattygirl63
06-15-2008, 02:07 PM
Hi:wave:

Jane - Terrific :carrot::broc: job. You made it through yesterday without blowing it. Just think, you have that success to get you through other situations like that. I've heard it said that when we think we can't do something or are afraid we will mess up in a situation that we should think back to our times of success. Then remember "If I did it before, I can do it again". Of course, you have many of those and so do I, but sometimes we have a tendency to forget those. And now you have another "trophy" of success to add to the others to draw on. Enjoy your time with your family today.

Angie - Good for you. You such a smart girl :carrot: to have such a great plan to stay OP with your healthy snacks at work. You know there may be people at work that you are such a good example for and may never know about. I am a night snacker so I too keep healthy things for me to snack on. However, I am learning that it isn't good for me to eat salty type snacks at night as it will cause a temporary gain. I like hummus and it is good to use on a sandwich gives it fiber. Since I am a sandwich person, lately I like to spread Laughing Cow cheese, 1 pt., on one slice of my bread since I don't use mayo much any more.

I did good this week, but can do better. This is a progress at work and a progress of learning what works for each of us individually. I was OP, I stayed within my daily pts. A few days I missed eating all of them, but I went over daily pts only one day and used 4 of the 35 WP. However, the pts probably balanced out for the weekly pts probably not using many or any of the WP. I need to exercise more. I will work on that this week. Knee has bothered me some since I walked up all those steps at the hospital last week and I even felt some pain in the other one. I should never have done that. I know that if I start exercising and get more weight off that the knees will improve more and more. I lost 4 recycled lbs again, but at least I did lose them and hopefully I have learned what foods to eat using the WW guideline for portions and will continue to lose. I've got 2 more recycled to get rid of and be back to virgin territory.

Hope y'all have a great day.

short & sassy
06-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Hi ladies,

Sorry, for not stopping by earlier, but the weekend seems to be flying by.

The 3 year old birthday party was fun. Lindsay is a typical middle child, very outspoken!! LOL It was an early party because Misty had planned it for the park on Saturday morning, but it was threatening rain so it was at her home instead. We left there about 11:00 and preceded to search for Wii Fit and a Wii Console for Misty's birthday next month. We were told that Circuit City was getting the Wii Fit this morning...so , at 9:20 I was parked outside of the store waiting for it to open at 10:00. Good thing I did, they only had 6 of them but no consoles. So, I started making some phone calls, drove 35 miles to another town and purchased the Wii Console. Now my stepdaughter will have her own Wii Fit to work out with on a daily basis. She had 3 kids in 5 years and is desparately trying to lose the baby weight.

My dh is at work (yes it's father's day) but he will do whatever it takes to get his job done. He is the mmanager of the mechanic shop at a large auto auction. He is actually a working manager, meaning that he has to still do a good bit of the mechanicing. He has one mechanic working under him and one helper...but like most companies overtime is frowned upon...Maurice is salary so he is there 7 days a week. Hopefully he will come in early enough to run Misty's early birthday present to her.

I have overeaten the last few days, eaten out way to much, and I skipped two days on the Wii and treadmill...time to get back on track and make better decisions...eat out less!!

Jane, glad to hear that you did well on Saturday. I don't have a particular day to eat anything I want...but I find that I still eat alot of my old favorites, but now i's not everyday!! I just fear that if I deny myself those food I would just end up bingeing on them. I've only had pizza once and I've had a hamburger (whopper jr) once. I tend to eat fried seafood of some kind once a week and I like a good steak about every other week or so! During the week I eat prepackaged frozen dinners for lunch, I usually like to have a 1 pt bagel or yogurt for a snack in between meals. For supper I tend to eat a salad... or tuna or salmon...I also bake chicken or pork chops. For snacks at home, I like keeping fresh fruit..I love watermelons...also like to keep dried blueberries and chopped walnuts in the house. Oh, breakfast is usually kashi cereal w/ff milk, instant oatmeal or sometimes just a weight watchers muffin. Anyway that is pretty much the details on my eating. Except for the last 4 days of eating out too much!!

Exercise....I'm aiming to work out everyday...but I'm still somewhat new at it and sometimes I just have to let the body rest. Having the Wii Fit helps me keep track of it so 1 or 2 days don't turn into 3 or 4. Being able to see the graph on tv showing the missed days holds me accountable!!

Well, have a good father's day...hope you are all doing well...Oh, I've got to tell you about this song I heard this morning. I was literally bawling while driving down the road..I thought I might have to pull over and stop. It's a country song, it was my first time hearing it and I think the name is "Daddy It's Okay to Let Go". She talks about a father teaching his child to ride a bike and the child saying "Let go Daddy, Its scary, but I think I can do this on my own. The next verse deals with a daughter being given away at her wedding by her daddy, again she tells him it's okay "Daddy let go" then the last verse is what got me. She talks about her daddy wasting away in a hospital bed and of course you know what the chorus is. I lost my own daddy to lung cancer 3 years ago...this song touched my heart!!

Okay, now I'm outa here. Take care!

Jane
06-15-2008, 07:25 PM
Hello,

Trish - Woohoo for the 4 pounds down. :carrot: Recycled or not, it's a loss! Have you seen the new containers of mayo with olive oil in it? I haven't tried it, but wonder how it tastes. I never thought of putting LC cheese on a sandwich. Usually just put it on celery or saltines.

Ruthie - (is it ok if I call you that?) Glad you had fun at the bd party. The twins' party is tomorrow evening. It's being held at my house, but Mary is furnishing the cake and ice cream. I think I'm going to have to get a Wii, since so many people are talking about WiiFit. Your DH sure sounds like a hard worker. I know the song you're talking about! It's by Crystal Somebody, lol. And yes, it's a real tear jerker.

Well, ladies, I didn't do as well with food today as I did yesterday. The good news is, I sent all the point-buster foods home with the kids. Now I have to get through the party tomorrow night, but I'm going to have some fruit salad on hand, and that's a good alternative to cake.

I got my new WW magazine in the mail Friday, but haven't had a chance to read it yet. If I pick up any good tidbits from it, I'll share.

Toodles!

short & sassy
06-16-2008, 07:26 AM
Good morning,

Not much time, I'd like to get in a few minutes of yoga before I jump into the shower. We went out to eat again last night...Misty & her hubby took us out to eat for father's day. I had portabello chicken that is to die for!! I'm hoping it didn't have too many calories because I ate the whole thing!!

Thank goodness today is a work day!! Because I can get back on a normal eating schedule!!

Jane, yes you may call me Ruthie! My dad's side of the family call me that and a few friends have picked it up, even my boss occasionally. Well that dog has brought me his bowl...time to feed him.

I'll talk to you all later, take care,

pattygirl63
06-17-2008, 12:06 AM
Hi LAdies,

Jane - Sorry you had a bad day with eating, but don't worry about it. Just get back OP today. You had a lot of food to deal with too much in a week end. I personally thing you did fine. Remember we have to realize we will have times like that and just move on instead of letting it derail us. I'm late with it but tell the little twins I said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY". I hope you all had a good time. I got my WW magazine too but haven't had time to read it yet. I recently ordered another magazine called Healthy Eating or Eating Well. Can't remember, but I'll let y'all know if I see anything of interest to our healthy eating.

Ruth - Glad you are here too. And you do the same as I told Jane. Don't let the overeating or eating out etc throw you off track. I think we have to plan for times like that. When I go out to eat, I try to stick to veggies and protein, but it depends on where I eat as to whether I can do that or not. Then I just try to eat as well as I can.

I've had a pretty good day. I hate days when I spend my pts more on things that higher in pts, but I am learning to just adjust it so I still eat pretty much what I like and stay within my pts. It is working for me for now and just hope I can keep it that way. It is easier for me right now while DH isn't able to go out any where and we eat here at home. Eating out sure puts a strain on the pts. That may begin to change next week when things start getting a little more to normal.

Catch y'all later.

Hugs,
Trish

Marti
06-17-2008, 01:12 AM
Hello ladies :wave:

Thought I would pop in and say hi! Wow, WW is a busy forum! This is a good little spot for someone like me who is seriously thinking of trying WW.

I've actually subscribed to the magazines for years (no longer have that subscription but may start again) and I've bought many WW cookbooks and use them now and then. I've just never actually followed the plan.

But---I have a wonderful friend who is lending me some of her extra stuff with some information and once I get them, I'm ready. :D (boy I hope I'm ready)

This year has been a hard year for some reason. I've used every excuse as to why I'm not losing......in fact why I've gained some....problem is, I'm the only one I can blame it on......nothing else. But I believe I'm ready to focus.....truly focus on me again. (I've said this in the past haven't I ladies??) It's already half way through the year! :yikes: ALREADY!!! And I've got nothing to be proud of.

So glad to see you ladies here. I feel at home already. :D Hope you all don't mind me joining!!

I better get going for now. Not sure how often I'll be able to post, but I will.

Hugs to each of ya! :hug:

Jane
06-17-2008, 12:23 PM
Hello!

Ruthie - I just love calling you that. Glad you had a good Father's Day celebration. Wow, you're dog is smart to bring you the bowl. My dog comes up to me and walks in circles when she needs something. She pokes Neal's glass with her nose when she wants ice, lol.

Trish - yep, that's the glory of WW - no food is off limits. But I'm like you in that I don't like to spend my points of just anything. It's important for me to save enough for evening, though. I still haven't had time to read my WW magazine. I want to really absorb on it, not just skim it, so I'm waiting til I have plenty of time, and peace and quiet..

Marti - YAY, you made it! :cp: I don't have much to be proud of so far this year, either, but hopefully that will change. Please heck in as often as possible.

Mary Kate, Angie - how're you doing?

To anyone reading this - if you'd like to join us, please just jump right in!

Thank goodness all the celebrations and parties are over now for quite awhile. I'm feeling able to make it now, especially with this group to help. We have fresh bibb lettuce, radishes, and green onions in the garden. Now I just need the tomatoes to get ripe.

The kids and Neal are picking cherries today. I'll have to find a points-friendly recipe to use them.

Have a good day!

pattygirl63
06-17-2008, 08:42 PM
Hi There

Marti - Glad you are here. Hope WW works for you. As you know I went through a lot until it all came together for me just a few weeks ago with WW Flex pts. I did a lot of reading about different ways to lose here on 3FC and I tell you there is a lot of info here. It finally came together for me when I saw that there are 3 important things to always have in my diet... fruits, veggies and good carbs like whole wheat/grains. I've learned that fiber is the key to the food plan for me. The nice thing is that WW fits any way a person wants to eat because it teaches us to eat the right portions. You will find yours. As long as you don't give up and keep working at it, it will come together for you.

Jane - Hope your day was better for you now that all your celebrations are over. Your busy day putting up cherries should help.

Catch y'all tomorrow. Have a good evening.

Hugs,
Trish

da fat n da furious
06-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Ha ha Jane,,,Im no baby! Marti is the baby....lol Im a big girl,,,in so many ways...ha ha And we will be celebrating your b irthday too.
I agree with the girls,,,,you did have alot of food obstacles this past week and so you slipped a bit but you didn't completely fall down in the muck. ( you got your pant cuffs a bit dirtied) so dust them off and carry on!

Ruthie I have travelled the city looking for a wii fit,,,and rockband...but that doesn't come out for a few days. So I have till the 27th to see if I can get one,,,fingers crossed.

Well I have to say,,,I really need a kick in the backend. Ive gained so much weight in the last 3 months I feel sick! Im not exercising,,,Im eating healthy but then not. Not drinking my water...mostly cause I can't go to the bathroom when I want. (work) But we recently hired more people...and I have asked if I can train more people to use my phone,,,I take bout 700 calls a day so no leaving it unattended.
So tomorrow I am going to drink 2 huge glasses of water,,,today I did 1. Im going to make it so I am drinking up to 4. That is my goal to myself. In 2 weeks,,,june 30. I will be drinking 4 huge glasses of water per day.

Im going to pull out all my WW books and reread everything,,,feel more in control already. All or nothing kinda gal here....

k feel so much better...whewww

short & sassy
06-17-2008, 11:28 PM
Hey girls, just checking in before I head off to bed. Spent 20 minutes on treadmill this morning and about 45 minutes on the Wii. My eating for the last few days has been relatively good. Eating fairly light...salmon last night and tuna tonight. Not snacking...so hopefully I will see some results soon. I've been dropping 3 or 4 lbs then I just hang out at that weight for almost a month before I start losing again.

Angelia, by the way...I love your name, my youngest daughter is Angela...
I was blessed to find the second Wii Fit...because after Sunday there doesn't seem to be a Wii Fit within 100 miles of our town. I've been checking for a friend who I should have called Sunday when I went to Circuit City.

Jane, my husband has our cat spoiled to cold water from the refrigerator door.

Well, I'm off I'll try to log on in he morning before I leave for work.

thesusanone
06-17-2008, 11:44 PM
Good idea for a group! I am trying to be very health focused this time (I have tried to lose weight many many times before, a few times on WW). I'm using core and I try to make the 8 good health guidelines the center of my food choices. I feel like I had a good day if I remembered to have my healthy oils and my vitamin (those are the hardest for me to remember!)

Glad to meet y'all!

Marti
06-18-2008, 12:30 PM
A quick hello from me today.

I resubscribed to WW magazine today. And I've got my journal ready to record ALL the junk I shovel down. AND......I WI today after not doing that in awhile. Not a pretty site....I knew I gained, in fact I thought it was more, so I suppose I can look at the positive in that!

I'm ready to get myself back into the right frame of mind. Not sure what is happening to me this year!! So many emotions I'm going through that I don't need to be going through.

So.....whose couch should I lay down on so you can analyze my feelings? :dizzy:

thesusanone--Vitamins!!! I need to get that bottle of mine down from the cupboard and keep in site. I always forget. Thanks for the reminder.

Ruth--I keep needing to get on my treadmill, I need to rethink my idea of doing it after work.....before work would be more beneficial for me.....give me that energy I need during the day.

Angelia--I've called you Angie for so long, do you prefer Angelia? As for a kick in the rear....I need one too. There are all these things I know I should be doing, but yet....I'm not doing it.

Trish--I'm hoping WW is the thing for me too. I have a great Uncle who did WW's. I didn't realize he was on it and when he came to Oregon to visit my grandpa (he lives in Iowa) I didn't even know who he was until he spoke! I was shocked! He has done so well on WW.

Jane--I may not have much to be proud of or brag about in weight loss......so far.....but we have 6 months left of the year to work on it right? We'll all feel better by the end of the year!! (must keep telling myself that)

Well ladies, this isn't as quick as I thought it would be. But I do like this little area so I'll try to post more often here.

Many hugs to you all!!

pattygirl63
06-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Hi Ladies,

First Thesusanone :welcome3: Glad your here and look forward to getting to know you.

We are all working to get healthy and eat right and I thought I would share something with you that I thought about this morning. You know when we mess up, as we call it, because we get off track how we really give ourselves a hard time and even beat ourselves up. I've been thinking about the Bible scripture that says to "love your neighbor as thyself" and "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". I often wonder if those of us who fight our weight problem would want others to treat us the way we treat ourselves. And how can I love someone else the way I love me. Most of the time, we don't even like ourselves much less love ourseves. I don't know about you, but I have a tendency to love others more and treat them better than I do myself. Did I even know I was supposed to love me so I could love others as I should? Not really. This morning I lay in bed and realized that I have learned to love others and even forgive them for what they do or have done to hurt me, but I have never done that for me. Don't even think I knew I could much less should. I think this is a clue to why I have problems losing weight. Half the time I don't even think I deserve to lose. So I layed there this morning and decided to forgive myself for all the things I have done to hurt myself in any way. Basically, I decided to forgive myself for all the times I have lost weight and then got off track and gained it back. I had to even forgive me for thinking I wasn't good enough and didn't deserve to lose. I don't know if you have ever felt this way, but I think it is a key to why I have a hard time with all this psychologically. How many times have we said just the right thing to help someone else who needs us to encourage them while beating ourselves up for doing the same thing they did. I don't know about you but I do it all the time. We must learn to be kinder to ourselves and treat ourselves just the way we treat each other. We must learn to like and even love ourselves. Then maybe we will be able to treat ourselves the way we should be treating ourselves. I think that is when I will find it easier to eat right for me. and my health. We are great at supporting each other, maybe we need to learn how to support ourselves too. Just a thought.

Jane
06-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Hello,

First, a big :welcome: to thesusanone! I'm glad you joined us, and know that you'll form some good friendships here.

Trish - wow, a lot of what you said can surely be said by me, too. I am always there for others with a kind word when they need it, but I'm hard on myself. Although we need to be accountable to ourselves, we shouldn't be rude to the person in the mirror. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Angelia - I'm like you - first I do fine with food, then I don't. I guess I'm lucky that I can drink water and not have to worry about getting to a bathroom. Yikes, our birthday will be here before we know it!

Ruthie - you are doing great, and are an inspiration to us all. That's funny about the cat, lol.

Marti - you're right, let's now think about how many months of the year are history, let's focus on how many there are until 2009! I like that idea. :cp:

Mary Kate - how are you, sweetie?

Well, today I have eaten a little too much, but in concentrating on my health I got some exercise, had some fruit, ate several servings of veggies, and have had lots and lots of water.

My computer server has been acting up, so I'm outty, before it leaves me again, lol.

thesusanone
06-18-2008, 06:32 PM
:thanks:
Hi everyone! I really enjoy reading your messages here. It's a real breath of fresh air. I'm becoming more and more interested in eating healthy and tweaking my diet for optimal health. Sometimes I get discouraged because it seems like I have so much weight to lose that I won't see the end result of my efforts for a long time (a year or longer?).

But then I remember how much better I feel already. There are these unexpected benefits such as my ability to tolerate the summer heat better. We have had a couple of warm spells so far and every time I think about how much easier it is to move around and get things done despite the heat. I feel more comfortable in my own skin because all my clothes are loose now, and I think my face looks thinner. The best part is that I feel a lot of energy and have been able to start exercising.

My husband just went back to work after having 2 weeks vacation. We spent a lot of the time doing spring cleaning and shopping for some new furniture. We decided to work on making our home less cluttered and more decorated and "put together" looking. The great, unexpected benefit is that I just realized we have room to move my recumbent exercise bike in to the living room where we have the t.v. (This is also the only room with a box air conditioner). Now I can exercise even more!

Today I am trying to catch up on dishes and perhaps cook some WW core spaghetti sauce. I also want to start writing my food down again. I stopped doing that for awhile because it is optional when you are following the core plan. But it helps keep me mindful of what I am eating. I also thought I would journal about the various goodies that WW provides, such as "tools of living", "helpful habits", etc.

I'm going to reach my 10% goal next week, I think. So I want to set new goals and start working the program more!

pattygirl63
06-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Thesusanone - I know how you feel. If I think about how long it will take to get my weight off then it overwhelms me and I think that is my way of sabotaging myself and then I thing "why bother". That is how I got to this age starting over. So now I try to use my old Overeater's Anonymous idea of only "take it one day at a time". If I only think of what I have to do for today, it doesn't seem to be such a difficult task. I agree that it also helps to think about how far you have come and how you feel now that you have lost. We sometimes have to give ourselves little pep talks. I think that is good to do. I love the Core plan you are doing and hope that some day I can switch back to it, but I found that I need the portion control of Flex. You are doing great so don't get discouraged and give up.

Jane - Hope your server gets things straightened out soon. I hate it when ours messes up.

Did the stationary bike today and did more than usual so I am beginning to do a little more. Remember I've had to do only a few minutes a day because of my knee and build up. Hope to add few more minutes each week.

Catch y'all tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish

da fat n da furious
06-18-2008, 11:20 PM
hey all....

Marti,,,I like both my names so I don't care which. At work Im called Darlin, Sweetie,,Babes...*sigh truckers.
Jane...drinking water is hard,,,but got 2 bottles in,,,drove Brandon nuts cause I kept calling him to come cover me....lol can't wait to actually train a few people on my phone. *Brandon can't wait too...lol

Trish,,,That is a great plan,,,just build the minutes up...don't over do it...cause you could end up in worse shape.

Susan,,,oooo sounds like you guys did a flip that house with furniture. or I guess staging. I love doing stuff like that. A coat of paint,,,,,and some nick nacks,,,,
btw,,,Welcome...*grin

Hello Pat....
And everyone else...hope you had a successful day.

da fat n da furious
06-18-2008, 11:22 PM
Ruth,,,I have all the EB Games staked out....for the Wii. I want both the wii fit and rockband.
My name was suppose to be Angela,,,spelling error on the nun,,,back then nuns took down the info.
Anywhoo better get to bed,,,Im be cranky,,,again...ha ha

Marti
06-19-2008, 12:32 PM
Morning ladies....

I had another rough night.....more like morning, woke up at 5:00 with severe heartburn! Now what in the world? Felt it in my back and all, so uncomfortable. I was in a daze and started thinking things like "maybe it's a heart attack"! :yikes:

Of course, I don't feel pain now, but wow, what a way to wake up! :dizzy:

Yesterday for the most part was a day of clean eating. Notice I say for the most part....didn't have lunch. (shame on me I know!) But I was on a roll at work and just took a quick break.

Today will be different.

I am also attempting (AGAIN) to cut waaaayyy down on my smoking. It's a vicious cycle. But I know that when I stop my "feeling tired all the time" will subside some and I'll be more energetic.

Trying to quit smoking and lose weight can be such a challenge.....but I'm ready for the challenge. May be a cranky woman but I want to be a healthy cranky woman!

I need to get ready for work.....I will pop in again soon.

Hugs to you all. :hug:

Marti
06-20-2008, 12:36 PM
Good Morning Ladies..

I just finished my morning ab workout and feeling pretty good! I like the energy I get from exercising.....so why don't I do this everyday?! Just need to ease into it again.

Eating was ok yesterday although lunch could have been a better choice.

Breakfast: Coffee and bowl of mini wheats
Lunch: Cup of Noodle/chicken
Dinner: Hodge Podge soup

The hodge podge soup is my grandma's old recipe. So good even on warm nights. My hubby had calculated the calories of all contents so I knew how much was in a cup!

I should be getting my information of WW's points and all that sometime this weekend, so hopefully I can begin to do WW and see how well I can do. Looking forward getting into better shape and more healthy.

How are you all doing today?

thesusanone
06-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Hi Marti,

I'm doing ok. Just hanging in there and making the best of my situation. (I am without air conditioning for the 3rd day, and waiting for the repairman)

I used to smoke for years and finally just quit cold turkey. One thing I learned is that relapses (brief bouts of smoking again) are not defeat: they are momentary lapses and I would just keep quitting. Finally it stuck. I had to give up certain things that I associated with smoking: drinking alchohol and coffee. But after a few months of being smoke free, I found I was able to have some coffee without being triggered. Now I can occassionally have a drink and I get no cravings for cigarettes. It's been perhaps 7 years of not smoking, and I can tell you that for the past 4 or 5 years, I have had literally ZERO cravings. So you can get over this. Just be persistent and don't give up. I found that cold turkey worked. I think those patches and gums are just a way of dragging out the process.

(that's all my advice!!)

I think you will find that on Weight Watchers, you will be eating a little more than what you listed. You'll be having more fresh veggies and fruit, and hopefully more whole grains too. I love WW!

Jane
06-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Akk! My internet server is going wacko on me! This is the first time today I've been able to use it, and it's just a matter of time before it gets interrupted again. Just wanted to say that I've been doing pretty good with the healthy stuff. Not perfect, but not bad.

I want to get this posted before I lose it.....

short & sassy
06-20-2008, 08:22 PM
Jane, hate it when the internet is acting up or the wi fi for that matter!!!

Hope everyone is having a good Friday, I'll come back tomorrow and catch up with you girls.

pattygirl63
06-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Good Evening Ladies,

Today has not been my best day as far as wanting to do WW today. This is where I usually figure what the heck and go off. In spite of my feeling, I have managed to stay OP mainly out of shear determination. It also helps that I am doing the Flex June challenge and I'm trying to have a perfect week which is 28 for most but would be a #7 for me since I take off one day a week from exercise which is usually Sunday. So doing that challenge has really helped me.

Jane - So sorry about your internet. Hope they get it straightened out soon. Is it caused from all the flooding y'all have had?

Thesusanone - The way you felt about quitting smoking has always been the way I felt about my dieting. I always started each day out eating OP believing that if I kept trying that one of these days I would make it all the way to goal. Now I would like to reach goal and stay there this time.

Marti - I hope you are having an easier time of it today.

Ruth -:wave:

Angie - I hope you are feeling better.

You guys have a great week end.

da fat n da furious
06-21-2008, 02:03 AM
hi all,,,

Jane hope you internet settles down.

Marti what is hodge podge soup?

Trish, Im the same as you,,,right now I can today wasn't my best but it sure wasn't my worst.

well Im going to and see if i can fall back to sleep..
night ladies

thesusanone
06-21-2008, 02:20 AM
Hi Trish, Yes! That is true! This is also the way we need to approach healthy eating. Don't get discouraged if one meal becomes a binge or you eat the wrong things. Just move on and make the next meal healthy and balanced. I can't tell you how many times I have thrown in the towel on a "diet" because I binged one time!

One thing I read in a book recently is that there was a research study done that showed that people who don't eat enough at one meal (or skip a meal) will over eat at the next meal. It makes you realize that there are reasons for binges, so you don't have to beat yourself up about it. Just learn from experience...and have regular meals that are balanced so you lose the urge to binge. I need to remember that when I go out for a few hours, I have to bring some healthy food with me! Lately I am forgetting this, so I end up coming home ravenous. It is so hard to avoid a binge under those circumstances.

Jane
06-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Hello ladies,
Susan - (is it ok to call you that?) I think decluttering your home is a good idea. There's a book called "Does this Clutter Make my Butt Look Fat?" and promotes the idea that when your house is more organized, your food habits will be, too. Is your AC fixed yet? I hope so. I'm rooting for you to make your 10% goal next week.

Trish - when I try to do a bike, it just kills my knee. Maybe I overdo it? Yay for you, staying OP when you don't want to. How's Tony?

Angie - I didn't know Brandon works at the same place as you! It's good he can fill in for you. I don't know what was making my internet weird, but it's okay today. So far.

Marti - you should get your WW stuff today. Be sure and read the newspaper that I wrapped the calculator in, because it has pictures of the flood in my area. Page 2 and 3 both have photos. You know, the pain you had sounds almost like a gall bladder attack. Are you sure it wasn't?

Ruthie - how are you doing?

I just got back from town, after spending some time with my friend Marquita. We went to JoAnn's (the fabric & craft store), and all I bought was some white scrapbook paper, although we were in there a good hour and a half, lol.

I doing well with eating healthy foods, but not so good with portion control. Do any of you buy those Simply Steam Green Giant frozen veggies? Since Neal is so picky about veggies, these are perfect for me.

TTFN,

Marti
06-22-2008, 12:21 AM
Hi girls :wave:

Today was a hot muggy day. Cloudy but gosh darn hot!

And....today my DD turned 14!! She's such a beautiful girl and I just love her so much!! (((((gushing mom))))

Also....my WW tools came in the mail today, and I will try points counting on Monday (sorry.....need to prepare myself over the weekend)

thesusanone--No AC in this type of heat can be so unbearable (am I spelling that right?), so I hope you get it fixed soon. As for smoking. I've quit many times, always 6 months or more then something triggers it.....don't even realize I start again. Pathetic really. Longest I've stopped is 4 1/2 yrs!! I am trying again though. Exercise is difficult when you're gasping for air!

Ruth--:wave:

Trish--I'm like you when I try something and want to stick to it. I have a bad day I just don't want to do it anymore. But, if we just stick with it, we can overcome those feelings. Keeping coming here and check in, we'll support you. And don't worry if some days are not good....we're all going to have them, as long as we just continue once the day is over.

Angie--Hodge Podge soup is this minestrone soup my grandma always used to make but with some added stuff. I'm not sure if it's her recipe or if she got it from some one but it's tasty. Now that I have this points tool.....I will have to see what one serving is!

Jane--Thank you so very much for the WW tools. And thank you for being available when I called to ask how it works! :lol: As for the pain.....I don't think it was my gallbladder, too high. Upper chest... Almost up in my throat. (don't ask me why I thought "heart attack") Acid Reflux maybe? I don't know, it lasted for 5-10mins at the most.

Today was an ok day for eating. But now I'm feeling more motivated knowing I have "tools". I feel like a little kid with a new toy. I'm very much wanting to improve. One of the 8 things on the list to follow.....is one of my hardest....water intake. So I've GOT to start on that. Maybe get some Crystal light to help.

I've calculated what my points should be.....thank goodness I had Jane to help me with that too, I was thinking originally I only had 11 pts! I was thinking "wow....I've gotta starve myself??" But I was wrong. I get 20 plus the 35 flex points. That's what I get for having a sit down job and being SHORT!!

So those of you who do WW, what works the best for you and what's the hardest for you?? I'd really like to know.

Ok gals, I've yammered on long enough.

Hugs to each of you! :hug:

pattygirl63
06-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Hi Ladies

Angie - How are you feeling? Hope the headache is gone.

Ruth -:wave:

Jane - Glad your internet is working and hope it keeps doing so. Tony is doing better, just taking time for his body to adjust to everything. Taking a little longer than I realized it would. Sorry, I've not tried those veggies I'll have to check them out.

Marti - Glad you got your WW tools. It is fun to start some thing new. I know Jane helped with the formula thing and I found out I was supposed to eat 2 pts less than what the book said.

Well I lost .5 lb this week and I'm learning to be happy with a small loss as well as a larger one. I need to remember that any loss is a biggy. I've decided to begin go work on eating more fiber this week. I read that we should eat around 35 grams of fiber a day and most Americans eat only about 11. Said to add it gradually. I never liked the bloating and gas, but decided that while DH is going through all he is and we won't be going many places during this time that I should take advantage of it and get my fiber built up. The health benefits are awesome and the weight loss is supposed to better.

Have a nice Sunday.

Hugs,
Trish

short & sassy
06-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Hi Ladies,

Jane, how are you? Glad that your internet is back to working. It's aggravating to try to get online and nothing happens. For me, it's usually my wireless shuts down and I have to unplug and replug the modem and router. Sounds like a nice trip into town. I enjoy time with girlfriends...of course, it is hard to come by with families and jobs, etc...

Trish, so glad Tony is doing better. If I remember correctly it took several weeks before my uncle was back to his old self, my aunt doesn't say much aboutt he recuperation...but I know that it wasn't a piece of cake! Congrats:carrot: on the .5 lost. It may not seem like much, but they all add up. My goal is one pound at a time. Right now my short term goal is to get under 160...but my current goal is to go from 165 to 164, as soon as I'm holding at 164 my immediate goal becomes 163!! I would love to lose it faster and wake up a couple of months from now and weigh 125...but that isn't going to happen. First, it is easier to regain when you lose faster...2nd I want to tone as much as possible...the slower I lose, hopefully the less saggy skin!!

Marti, weight watchers is one of the best programs...I think for me it is sensible. It concentrates on being healthy!!! The hardest part for me is the journalling. After doing it for so many months, I halfway know what I'm oating in points and I'm still losing. However, occasionally though my weight feels like it is at a standstill and I start journalling again to make sure my point intake is sufficient. The easiest part of the weight watchers program is knowing that I can have anything if I plan for it!! That is what makes this work for me. I love food and I can't imagine never having my favorites...so, even now I eat fried seafood almost once a week....a good steak maybe once a month. In the 4 months that I've actively been trying, I've ate pizza once (3 slices thin crust), I've had 1 banana split, 1 whopper jr...and a couple of other real desserts like lemon pie, coconut cake...The thing is that I know if I it this today..tomorrow I need to cut back and it's working. I've now lost 27 lbs total for the year, about 20 of that while doing weight watchers.

Hey Angie, did you have any luck finding the Wii Fit this weekend?

Well time to finish up on the landry...talk to you girls later.

Jane
06-23-2008, 09:03 AM
I have to make this a quick one, because I can't count on my internet being stable. Grrrrr! Hopefully this is just a weather-related problem, because it's a big pain to deal with. We haven't called the server tech to come out, because their office is 35 miles away, and they charge $80 an hour, including travel time! We are going to have to get a server with a closer office, but using satellite, that's easier said than done.

I've been doing pretty well with eating healthy foods. My problem continues to be portion control. :dizzy:

pattygirl63
06-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Hello Everybody, :wave:

This will be kind of a quick one. I haven't been on pc all day. I've been busy doing stuff like cleaning kitchen etc. I finally had some energy and I finally got my bike exercise up to 10 minutes today. It really makes my legs and knees feel better. Eating more fiber is turning out to be very enjoyable and easier than I thought it would be and evidently it does give me energy. Interesting thing is I am finding a lot of foods that I eat now to get the fiber into my way of eating are the very foods not allowed on low carb.

Jane - $80 an hour including the trip out? Ouch!!! :hug: I hope the internet gets straightened out without having to have the server coming out. It is good that you are eating healthy. Give yourself a little time and I bet you will catch up to eating the right portions. I learned that from IE. It scared me, but it actually worked for me.

Ruth - I too set shorter goals. I was telling my Daddy yesterday that years ago, probably 35 years ago, my sister and I went to WW together. I weighed the most I have ever weighed in my life. I lost 15 lbs on WW at the time. Over the years I have never gained any of those 15 lbs. I have come close to the 15 lbs, but never gained them back. So I think that says something about losing it slowly.:D

Marti - How's everything going? Are you enjoying WW? I agree with Ruth about WW. It is easy to use WW for portion control and eat the foods I like as well as the healthy foods I need that I also like. I try to allow myself some of the foods that I like once in a while.

Angie - How are you feeling? :hug:

Thesusanone - How are you doing? Did you get the AC going? Hope it is working soon.

:hug:,
Trish

da fat n da furious
06-23-2008, 11:11 PM
hello everyone,,,,
Trish ,,,how much calories go into cleaning a kitchen? Or a bathroom,,,cause I know when I am done cleaning for a solid 3 hours Im sweating.
Ruth,,,.5 lbs gone YAY! I always say celebrate even the small stuff cause there was work in loosing it. Couldn't find a wii fit or rockband yet, Did some major looking too.

Jane,,,yuck with the tech guy....start buying the twins computer books so when they can fix them...lol I find the boys pick up things way faster then I could ever.

MArti,,,that soup sounds good! My neighbour told me about her husband making stew when ever she's having surgery. 5 in the last 4 years. She has cysts on her overies,,,the last one was the size of a grapefruit! Her incision is 5 inches long. Weird thing is we have the same surgeon. Anyways they are trying to get pregnant,,,still nothing ....she teased that since she is doing IVF she will probably end up with 7-8 babies,,,I will find her at the market with a box of babies...free to a good home sign...(WE were joking of course)
I really do wish they could have 1 lil baby...just 1.

Headache is gone,,,thank goodness. Going back to the chiropractor this week...but it doesn't help that i sit at work for 11 solid hours at my desk. Sometimes more...
anyways I should get to bed...
night

short & sassy
06-24-2008, 08:06 AM
Morning ladies....how is everyone? Im having a sluggish day today. I think the old body is telling me I need to give it a rest. So, no wii fit this morning. I had one of my bingeing moments last night. I gave in and it probably wasn't as bad as it sounds. When I got home my daughter was there drying her clothes...after they left I started eating, first a 1 pt bagel (love those), almost half of a small watermellon, then I fixed a package of tuna (light miracle whip, dill relish and onion) with fat free wheat thins. So, everything was stuff that are regulars on my diet but it was the desire to eat non stop that I consider the problem. Thank goodness, I don't have very many of them anymore.

Well, I've got to do my hair and head out the door for work. Hope everyone has a good day.

pattygirl63
06-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Not much going on today. Things are kind of boring. However, I'm not complaining as life is good. DH is getting better slowly but surely and I'm OP, active and exercising because I've got the energy to be until it gets a little warm around here which helps with drinking the water. So all in all I am thankful to say that things are good. Hope everyone else is having a good day too.

Hugs,Trish

da fat n da furious
06-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Ruth,,,I brought blueberries and strawberries for my snack food today. Yesterday was wheat things with a tablespoon of hummus. Tomorrow will be hummus again...just to get rid of it.

my water drinking has been bad. trying but really struggling to be focused at work. Don't have any coverage for if I have to go to the bathroom. Stupid really.
Anyways I need to get to bed...
night

short & sassy
06-24-2008, 11:51 PM
Hi ladies,

Trish, glad today was a good day for you. Boring is a fact of life around my house!! LOL Some people like my cousin are constantly on the go...not me, I'm tired just going from home to work!!LOL I did well on my food intake today... no eating like there was no tomorrow which is what it felt like last night.

Angie, I can see how the water intake would be a problem if there is no one to cover while you run to the bathroom...

My mom called this morning, she had to tell me about her dream. Now mom is 67 and weighs 120-125, I don't ever remember her being very big. Anyway, she dreamt that I had lost all my weight and I was real little. She was trying to give me some of her clothes and I was turning my nose up at them. I laughed and told her that I wouldn't hurt her feelings like that...I'd take them and just not wear them. Anyway her call was really uplifting to me. It meant that she must really think that I'm going to lose the weight this time. You'd have to know my mom, but she can be pretty pessimistic sometimes, thinks the worst of people...so it was the little nudge I needed to stay focused!!!

See everyone in the morning.

Jane
06-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Hello!

Trish - I'm so glad you're feeling better. Protein and fiber will do that for a person. I'm doing better on controlling my portions, and feel good about that.

Marti - how are you liking WW so far? The points-counting will get easier as you memorize your favorites. Journaling ahead of time is one of the things that helps me the most.

Ruthie - aww, the thought behind the dream is very encouraging. You've done so well, so far, and I have no doubt you'll make goal.

Angie - I like your idea about getting the DGDs to become computer techs. I could save a lot of $$$ that way, lol. I think we're just going to have to catheterize you so you can drink water and not have to leave your desk, lol.

TheSusanOne - how's it going?

Hello to anyone else reading this. :wave:

My computer server seems to have fixed itself. I don't know what the problem was, but it could've been related to the flood waters somehow. Regardless, it's sure good to be able to post w/o worry of a disconnect.

I'm doing better with portion control. Not perfect, but better. Having the kids here keeps me hopping, so I feel like I'm moving more, too.

Gotta get going, but I'll check back later. :hug:

Marti
06-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Poppin' in for a minute.

Aching sciatica going on, but I managed to ease it some by some stretches.

WW is going pretty good. Very similar to calorie counting which is what I usually do. I'm journaling everything. First day I had 24pts. (thank goodness for those flex pts!!) Yesterday, I haven't totaled it in yet, but I know it's below 20.:( Need to work on this. I took a quick break at work and snacked on string cheese, but never took a lunch break.

I would like to aim for majority of my points going in at the beginning of the day. Must come up with some good breakfast ideas. And plan better for my lunches. My biggest challenge is and always will be water. Once I get to drinking water all the time I do well, then I start venturing off on lemonades, soda, tea......coffee is my favorite! So water will be something I REALLY need to work on.

I'm just starting so it's going to be a little rough, but I'm going to keep pressing on!

Do you girls have a certain WI day? Also, anyone have a favorite WW dinner for special occasions? DD is celebrating her birthday with me this weekend, and I want something good but WW friendly for her this weekend. Her cake choice is Strawberry shortcake.....that's easy!

I'm off to shower and get ready for work, sorry no indi's today.

short & sassy
06-26-2008, 01:35 PM
Hi ladies, just stopped by to say hello. My weight is holding at 165, I need to bump the exercise up a notch! Hope everyone is having a good week, tomorrow is Friday!!! Yeah!

pattygirl63
06-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just checking in really quick. DH had drs appointment so we decided to venture out while we were out. We went to both Costco and Sam's which we rarely do after we went out to eat and boy I am totally wiped out. And who had the surgery here? :dizzy: Sorry I had to edit this because I hit the wrong button and it posted before I was finished. :o :?: Well, I said I'm tired so I think I will try to catch up tomorrow.

:hug:
Trish

Jane
06-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Hello ladies,

Marti - hope the sciatica is better. :hug: My weigh in day is Saturday, when I actually weigh in. I'm just the opposite of you. I have to save several points for evening snacking. When I do this, I stay OP much better. Some people start their point counting at dinnertime, so maybe I should do this.

Ruthie - shoosh, was that you sliding by? lol

Trish - I've never been to a Costco, but Sam's alone is enough to wear a person out, if you walk the whole place. I'd like to get some new patio furniture at Sam's for my screened in patio, but will keep what I've got. It's paid for, lol. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that hits the wrong buttons sometimes, lol.

Pat - this is the place, come on in!

I haven't done very well with food so far this week, but get a gold star for water, fiber, and exercise.

Anyone have plans for the 4th? Mary is having us over for fireworks this Sunday instead, since she has to work the 4th. I can take something healthy if we're going for a meal, too. She didn't say.

TTFN,

short & sassy
06-29-2008, 10:57 AM
Good morning ladies, how is everyone!!

Marti, hope you are feeling better! I'm doing WW online and i have Wednesdays as my weigh in but I may change it again. I didn't post my weight last week because I was up a few pounds! So I've spent the last 3 or 4 days trying to up the exercise to give my metabolism a boost and hopefully I will see some results soon!! I guess my favorite meal is the cajun lime tilapia at Applebees.

Trish, sounds like ou and huby had a nice little walk while at Costco and Sam's!! Glad to hear that his recovery is still going well.

Jane, hey girl, yes, that was me on the flyby!! LOL I read post everyday, but somedays after working all day, I just don't feel like being on the computer very long, sometimes I'll just come to the message boards to check on everyone without posting...somedays, especially if I'm checking in from work, then I only have a moment to say hello!!

Angie, have you gotten your hands on a wii fit yet? BTW, I have read online...that one of the celebrity trainers from "The Biggest Loser" is coming out with a fitness game for the wii fit board!! Can't wait...I'll be pre-ordering that one to!!

Well, I have to get the exercise in this morning, you girls have a great day!!

short & sassy
06-29-2008, 12:55 PM
Hi ladies, well, I spent 1 1/2 hrs on the wii fit this morning, and I worked up a sweat. I added ankle weights and wrist weights to the aerobics, then I worked on balance games and then finished off with a few yoga moves. Anyway...later to day I will get on the treadmill..I'm going to do this everyday if I have to...I'm tired of hanging onto 165-166...time to kick it into gear

Marti
06-29-2008, 01:36 PM
Hi gals..

Wanted to pop in quickly, first week of WW was semi-ok. I journaled up to Wednesday and since DD was here, I kind of put that aside. BUT, I still kept the portions under control and still kept up w/the points, just didn't write it all down.

So, I will do better next week. Still trying to get myself to eat a little more, because most days, I don't even get the 20 points that I'm allowed, (or the flex!)

So I need to do some tweaking on that.

Ok, gotta get moving today.

Have a great Sunday.

Jane
06-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Hello ladies,

Ruthie - you are doing so well with the exercise. 1 1/2 hours with Wii - woohoo! The Wiis are still unavailable here. I think I'd really like one, though, when I can get my hands on one.

Marti - I'm trying to get myself to eat a little less, lol. Yesterday and today, so far, were spot-on. I've started a list of all the reasons I am miserable at this weight, and let me tell you, the list is longer and longer each day. Hopefully, that will serve as another source of inspiration for me.

Angie, Mary Kate, Pat, Trish, - hello to you!

I had a NSV yesterday that I want to share. I went to a scrapbook crop with my buddy Marquita, and the owner of the shop had placed little bags of Hershey's kisses on the table at each person's place. I just let mine sit there, and wasn't tempted since I had eaten a planned snack on the way into town. (tiny box of raisins). As we got up to leave, someone told me to not forget my candy, so I picked it up, and gave it to Marquita.

Toodles,

pattygirl63
06-29-2008, 10:24 PM
:wave:Hi Ladies.

Sorry I have been quiet. I have checked in, but just not in the mood to talk. Not much going on. I'm in a strange mood lately and can't put my finger on what it is. Maybe the lull after the storm with all that's been going on in my life lately. I know I really missed my Daddy this year on Father's day. He just turned 85 last week. I would love to see him, but there is no way right now. Of course, I talk to him at least once some times more a week. He lives in TX. I'm staying OP and Sunday is my WI day Marti and the scale didn't budge this week. But at least I didn't gain and that is a good thing. So I will just KOKO and trust that in time I will get on the scale and see it's moved down. Doing the Flex June Callenge has been a big help to keep me on track. Staying within pts is and drinking water is no problem for me, but some times I don't want to exercise so it helps keep me doing it any way.

Jane - Good for you not eating the candy. You had another victory.

Marti - Sounds like you are getting the hang of the WW program. You'll get better at it. I hear you on the exercise stuff.:dizzy: I don't want to do it sometimes myself. However, I'm trying to get a habit going with it.

Ruth - You are really getting the exercise down girl. I told DH about the wii fit programs, but he wasn't too interested. I think walking would be better for us when he can do more of it. Until then I will do the bike. I get bored doing the bike even watching tv, but I have to say that my knees and legs seem to love it.

Angie, Pat, - Hello there.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Trish

Dixiemae
06-30-2008, 10:59 AM
Hi Ladies, I am ready to jump in. I had a fairly good week. I had gained a pound and a half last week. When I weighed in this morning I had lost 1/2 pound. I am stuck at 191.2 I need to shift gears and get back to 190.2 I want to weigh 180 something so badly I can taste it. I got to get some exercise in this morning as my afternoon and evening time is taken. Hope you all have a wonderful good day. Pat

Marti
06-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Good Morning Ladies! :wave:

We've been having Thunder Storm warnings all weekend. The day will be sunshine and gorgeous (and HOT) and then by evening, the clouds roll in and the thunder and lightening starts.

Pat--Good to see you! I have been struggling to stay in the weight I want to reach (not even my goal weight!) for who knows how long! I get frustrated with myself when I do reach that first "goal" weight only to gain it right back! I really need to get the exercise in, that is where I'm at fault right now.......if I exercise on top of WW's, I may see such better results.

Trish--I WI yesterday also; decided that would be a day to WI since it was the end of the first week on WW. Now, it had been awhile since I've last weighed (a month or so) and the scale is down 4lbs. Of course these are my recycled pounds.....I had lost them and gained them back. (grrrrrr) At least I'm starting to lose them again.

Jane--Very good NSV! One of the days DH & DD went and picked up dinner before I got home from work....KFC. Now....how WW UNfriendly is that?? I did pretty good considering. I ate a leg (no skin) and just a spoon of the potatoes and coleslaw. I just pictured it as extra fat on my body. The left overs are STILL in the fridge untouched. (time to trash it all)

Ruth--You're like me, after work, I do check in but don't always post. I'm at the computer all day and my eyes get tired. I also need to get my metabolism up. I need to start getting up early and doing my walks around the neighborhood. Get it in while it's cool outside. Our temps have been in the high 90's.

Angie--How are you doing? The hodge podge soup is my "comfort" food. When ever I feel ill or such down.....there is a pot being made! I hope your friend has one healthy beautiful baby. You'll have to keep us updated on that. At work, I feel like there is something in the water! We have our 10th gal whose expecting!!

Well today is week two on WW. I'm going to try to journal more so I can keep an accurate count on what I eat. I also want to start incorporating exercise more. I do a morning workout "every once in awhile" and that's no good. I HAVE to get into a better frame of mind when it comes to exercise and water intake. It's almost like it a battle lately!! Its not like I don't know how.....but lately it's more like "I don't want to and you're not going to make me!" Ridiculous really.

Ok gals, I think I should probably start getting ready for work. I enjoyed my three days off and I'm looking forward to another three day weekend coming up!!

Talk to you all next time!

Dixiemae
07-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Hi Everyone~It is a beautiful day here. Blue skies, no clouds, soft breeze. WOW

Marti~Thank you!! I had a long talk with my older sister yesterday. She started talking about my last 2 weeks. I was taken aback by what she said. She really helped me see the stress and emotional roller coaster I am on. No wonder I can not sleep at night!! Tylonol (sp) has been my best friend.

Any way. I am on more stable ground. I am ready to get back on the wagon. I have gotten in 64 oz of water for 2 days. I have gotten in some fruit, love summer fruit. I really have to crack down on the veggies, very lacking in the diet. I would rather down 16oz glass of v8 juice than eat them. I have found a doable exercise I can do, that should cut down on the guilt factor and help relieve some stress. I might have to buy some balloons, blow one up,tie a string around it. Hang it from a hook and use it for boxing practice. Maybe even go as far as mentally focusing on a face on the balloon. Any way I am soooooooo ready to weigh 189 or less. That is my goal for this week. I found an affirmation that I am going to post on the fridge door. I will see it every time I open the fridge door. To nudge my memory and keep my commitment fresh and renewed every time I visit the fridge.

I have rambled on and on, better go for now. Talk to you all later. Pat

pattygirl63
07-01-2008, 01:56 PM
:wave:Hello Ladies,

First off, I talk to Jane this morning and she is still having trouble with her internet server not working and hasn't been able to get on-line today.:( I think she is checking into changing servers as it is so expensive to get them to come out 35 miles to where she lives. She'll be back as soon as she gets back on-line.

Pat - So glad that you joined us. I am struggling too. I am having a hard time going down from where I am. I seem stuck at 217.5. I think I am sleeping too much. I read that we need 7 to 8 hours of sleep to lose weight, but since I have been making myself sleep 8 hours 2 things have happened... I don't lose weight and all I want to do is sleep. So I think I am one of those people that doesn't work for. Also, since I have acquired a thing with chocolate, I bought some ice cream bars (not WW) that were cheaper and I found out today that I didn't read what I thought I read on the box and turns out that they are 4 pts not 2 pts. Guess I will put them up for when nephews come over and go get me the WW bars. A real lesson for me to be more careful reading the labels on boxes. I have a doctors appoint for a general check up in August and I would love to get below 210 by then.

Marti, Angie, and Ruth:wave: and :hug:.

Have a great day.

Hugs,
Trish

da fat n da furious
07-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Good day all,,,I got off work early,,,only a half day,,,7.5 hrs ha ha
I should of stayed for the whole day and gotten more work done but ya know I just needed out. Went with Tanner and rented a movie,,Jumpers, gonna go lay down and watch it. Came done with another cold. I can barely breath with my chest hurting. I have one week to get better,,,going to the BIG rodeo with the CanXpress people...

I have been drinking my water,,,since its been very hot and need to hydrate. I was eating clean till today. I hate 2 slices of pizza,,,my stomach is upset...and I need tums or bepto. Should of stuck to my soup.

Trish,,,I saw skinny cow bars...we didn't always have them in our stores. But I know from the past alot of people have eaten them.

Well Im going to go relax a bit,,,hoping with enough rest I can overcome the stomach and cold...by tomorrow....ha ha

Jane
07-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Hi Ladies,

I'm back on, but not sure for how long. After we checked everything else that could have possibly been wrong, I asked Neal to cut some tree branch that were on the peripheral edges of the satellite dish. Didn't seem likely that they could have interfered with the connection, but so far, so good! :crossed:

Trish - thanks for letting them know what happened to me. I missed my dad on Father's Day, too. He died in '79, and what I wouldn't give for a real chat with him. I admire your "KOKO" attitude. You get an A+ in perseverance!

Marti - you did great with the KFC! It's nice to know that with WW, you can have anything, as long as the portion are reasonable.

Pat - so glad to see you here! :hug: What quote is it that you're planning to place on the fridge?

Angie - aww, sorry you have a cold and stomach troubles. Here's hoping that at least the tummy is better by now. Never heard of that movie, hope it was good.

On Sunday, Neal and I went to French Lick, IN which has a beautiful hotel and a huge casino. This was totally his idea, and we left of the spur of the moment, within 20 minutes of him suggesting it. What fun!! I stayed almost OP. I went over by however many points a large brownie has. But I even took my peanut butter graham crackers for my breakfast, and we were back home before lunch the next day. I lost about $65 and Neal came out ahead by about $30. I played for quite awhile, losing, then winning, then losing again, lol. Anyway, just wanted to say that I didn't go too overboard with the food.

For my health today, I have stayed OP, eaten lots of veggies, drank plenty of water, and followed the Healthy 8. :carrot:

da fat n da furious
07-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Hi all,,,

French Lick,,,thought you were going to say ice cream parlour! or a realllly naughty place...ha ha but then I thought,,,Jane wouldn't write about that,,,would she? Hmmm better call her and get the juicy parts...ha ha
Well lets hope it was just those branches causing the problem.
I think 1 brownie over isn't as bad as it could of been....?

Marti,,,KFC has never been a favorite of mine,,,the guys here go nuts. I gag. I make a point of always being away when they need their fix. Just the thought makes my stomach quiver. I can't eat anything deep fried,,,at all.

Tummy troubles are gone...drank more water....gonna make some tea then get to bed. Cold is still around but...day two.
So the movie was ok,,,its based on a novel. Steven Gould wrote Jumpers along time ago. It was ok,,,Tanner loved it. Would raither read the book.

So tomorrow I plan to eat more fruit and veggies, drink my water or at the very least drink tea.

well Im going to get the tea and go on up to bed...
night

pattygirl63
07-01-2008, 10:04 PM
Good Evening Everyone,

Jane - Glad the internet is working and hope it doesn't give you any more trouble. Thanks for the A+. I was ready to stop counting pts for a while and wasn't going to do the July challenge, but after we talked I changed my mind. I'm glad I did because that is when I found out the ice cream bars I'd bought were 4 pts count and not 2 like I had thought. I didn't eat one today. I can save them for when kids come over and send them home with DH niece for her kiddos. I think we're going to the store tomorrow and I'll get some WW ice cream bars. I am also doing the challenge again this month because it keeps me doing the exercises. I told Tony that I was going to take the advice I give others... I've lost 9 lbs and I don't want to gain any of them back. So I decided to stay OP.

Angie - :hug: Bless your heart you have been ill for quite some time. You take good care of yourself so you can get well.

Marti - When we eat at KFC and using the WW Dining Out as best as I can, I usually eat the original (extra krispy is my favorite) 2 chicken legs (take the skin off), green beans and corn-on-the-cob and count it as 10pts. I never eat the bread they give us and I usually drink water.

Pat - I too was wondering what quote you were going to put on the fridge.

I'll catch y'all tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish

short & sassy
07-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Good morning all,

Just dropped by for a second before I jump in the shower and head off to work. I've been a little ho hum lately. I've been exercising more and now I'm weighing more. I do feel bloated...I haven't been journaling my food...so, if I don't see a downward move in the next few days, I will go back to it. I don't think I'm eating any more than before, but you never know...food has a way of sneaking up on you!!

ANGELIA.....have you found the wii fit yet? Have you heard about the fitness program coming out for the holidays for the balance board. Jillian Michaels, the fitness trainer from "The Biggest Loser" is putting it together....I will be pre ordering it if that option is available when it gets close to being release. OH, glad you are feeling better.

JANE....glad the internet is back up.. we recently had to have our satelite dish moved to the front of our home. It as on the side, but there were trees that would knock out the local signal. I would get so mad when watching the local channels and then lose it!!

TRISH, sounds like you are doing well with weight watchers. Did you buy the Skinny Cow ice cream? If I remember correctly some of the are 3 points, not sure if any are 2 pts.

MARTI, hey..you did good wit the KFC..I don't think I've had fried chicken since I've been doing weight watchers. I do eat a lot of fried seafood though....

Does everyone have big plans for the fourth? We don't, probably will go rent some movies and just relax at home. Angelia...wasn't it you that said you thought the south was a beautiful place and would love to visit? Well, if you have seen Premonitions with Sandra Bullock, Mr. Brooks with Kevin Costner, Mad Money with Katie Holmes, Queen Latifa and Diane Keaton....they were all filmed in Shreveport, LA. We are officially being called "Hollywood South".

WEll, ladies, time to get ready for work....have a good day and I will catch you later.

pattygirl63
07-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Hi Ladies[B],

I got up early today and got my exercise done. I am having to really work at keeping myself OP because part of me doesn't want to do it. I want to do it, but I am feeling kind of like you [B]Ruth with the ho hum attitude and feelings. So this is the struggle time when I have to treat myself like a child and discipline me... making me do what I know is right to do.

Ruth - :hug:Just hang in there. Check your food by journaling. I was ready to stop journaling for a while thinking "I know what to eat" to stay within pts, but I recognized that as that mood I get into when I set myself up for failure. That is when I found out the ice cream I was eating was more pts than I wanted to spend for it. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat and you are doing a lot of exercise and I think that once your body adjusting to that right now and when it has adjusted to what is going on then you will begin to start losing weight again. Only this time you really will be losing weight. I've had the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich and love it, but I haven't been to store to get it yet. I haven't eaten any of the 4 pt ones since I found out their pt count.

Angelia - I'm glad your tummy is better and hope that cold leaves you soon. BTW What was your Holiday this week?

Jane, Pat and Marty:wave: How has your day gone?

Y'all have a good evening and I'll see ya tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish

da fat n da furious
07-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Hi Trish....nothing! no Wii Fit...arghhh one of my friends called me while I was at work to say her sister saw one at this store literally across the city from where I was....hmmmm I did call....GONE!
Im Canadian so my holiday yesterday was Canada Day...we are 141 years old. Don't look bad eh? ha ha
The cold seems worse today, ate on program. But feel really shakey,,,even my lips are quivering,,,perhaps too much talking ha ha but seriously I just feel blah.
Came home to a letter from the Lapband program,,,asking if I was still interested. Duh. well hmm me calling and asking about classes,,,doesn't mean a thing? And the thing is the receptionist is kinda cranky,,,and gets really nasty if you ask too many questions. I so feel like writing that down...that perhaps they need someone who is more customer service at the desk....grrrr (no not me,,,ha ha I could be crankier,,,some days)

I should go to a walk in clinic,,,,perhaps i need anitbiotics. But I need to run out and get some cowboy boots. The group of co workers Im going to the rodeo with next week has a limo picking us up.....wahoooo its really hard to kick up my boots if I don't have boots.
well off to Winners I go

Jane
07-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Hi all,

Angie - I'd like to be going off in a limo somewhere. Only rode in one once, but it was fun. So why is the lapband people calling now? Why the wait, I mean? Yikes, sounds like the receptionist needs a new attitude for sure! Yep, you do need some boots. Tell us about them, when you get them. Happy belated Canada Day.

Trish - I'm glad you're feeling a little more motivated. The way I see it, we don't have to be perfect, as long as we are doing some healthy things for our bodies. I may be overeating sometimes, but at least I'm eating mostly healthy foods, getting more exercise than I thought I would, and am dealing with stress in a better way than before.

Ruthie - I know how you feel about the ho hum feelings. Sometimes I get very discouraged. We don't have any plans for the 4th. Mary has to work, so we're watching the kiddos until Katie and Clint pick them up for the parade and fireworks in town. I think I'm going to like not having a cookout at the house, like we usually do.

Marti, Pat, and Mary Kate - how are you doing today?

As I said, I'm doing pretty good. I've been op with food 3 days straight, now, but it hasn't been easy. I'm trying to focus on moving more, eating healthy foods, and being kind to myself.

I only got 3 hours sleep last night because I was up at the ER with my xmil. She's ok, but gave us a scare. None of her children live around here, so DS and I were there for her. She's such a sweetie!

Later,

short & sassy
07-03-2008, 06:51 AM
Good morning girls,

Well, I couldn't sleep so I decided to get on the treadmill, that was at 4:50 am.....walked 30 minutes for 1.35 miles. Now I'm sitting here on the couch relaxing with my bottle of water. Going ot fix a bowl of cereal, eat and then spend a few minutes on the wii before getting reading for work!

Trish & Jane, thanks so much for the pep talk!! For the first time in my life I really feel like I'm focused on being healthy and really want to get this extra 40 pounds off. So like you, I'm determined and find myself pushing myself to go the extra mile when it would be so easy to just eat what I want and sit on my butt!!!

Angelia, maybe a trip to the clinic is what you need. I hope you get to feeling better soon. You probably need a whole lot of rest and it doesn't sound like you have been able to acheive that. Sounds like you and your freinds are going to have a good time, enjoy. Oh, happy Canada Day!!

Well, our office is having a cookout today for the 4th. I plan on eating one hamburger pattie, no bread and baked beans...I will probably pass on dessert...maybe I should run to Walmart and pick up my own weight watcher dessert.

My DH and I don't have any plans for the weekend. With gas prices as high as they are we will just stay home and do a few things around here. I might go see my mother this weekend, she lives an hour away.

The only other plans I have for the month is on the 19th. My daughter Chasity has located an old boyfriend via myspace. They dated when she was 17, her son was like 18 months old at the time. He was military, worked a second job at a steakhouse where she worked. They dated 3 or 4 months, he was wonderful to my grandson and even took Chasity home to Texas to meet his family. They eventually broke up because of her immaturity (jealousy) and I think she has always regretted it. They have been talking via the internet for a month or so now, he lives 3 hours from here, but on the 19th the band he is in will be playing in a town an hour away...so we are making the trip. She is nervous and scared...she is hoping that this works out...but says that she thinks it's too good to be true. Anyway, girls...say a little prayer for her...I would love to see her settle down with someone that would treat her good.

Well, time to get back to my morning ativities...breakfast and more exercise!!

Marti
07-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Hi ladies...

So I'm thinking that I'm not doing WW as well as I should be. Well, I'm not thinking, I'm knowing!

I'm kind of doing it half-a$$ed and that's really not how I should be doing it. I'm not trying hard enough to get my points in and I'm not making sure I eat more than breakfast & dinner.

I need to REALLY jump in and make a more of an effort to do this.

Since when did I get so darn lazy???

WI is on Sunday so we shall see if there is movement!!

pattygirl63
07-03-2008, 01:31 PM
:wave:Hello Ladies,

This will be a quick one. DH has gone to have his first PSA test after surgery and we'll have results from that in a few weeks. We expect that to be fine. He is coming along fine, but body is still making adjustments to things so we still don't go far from home for very long at a time. We don't have any plans for the 4th. Everybody is out of town that we would spend it with. So we are going to just take it easy and probably watch old movies. DH is a movie guy and he has a library of dvds and videos. The movers teased us that it was like moving Blockbuster. lol Cable is supposed to be here in a few hours to set us up with HD/DVR and I'm going to get the living room cable box in my bedroom. Yey. Now when I want to watch something different from DH I can go watch in the bedroom.

Angelia - I agree... you need to go to the clinic just to be sure everything is okay. I hope you are feeling better. If not get to the clinic. You sound like me when I was young and "single" back in TX. I loved the boots and we went to the prison rodeo in Huntsville, TX and I loved it. Neither of my hubbies cared for the rodeo so never got to go again. Have fun, but don't make yourself worse. Happy late Canada Day. Do y'all celebrate it like we do for 4th of July?

Ruth - Aw I do hope things work out for Chasity. Sounds like me and my second hubby of 31 years. We met when I was 14 yrs old and dated off and own for years until I was about 18. I too was so immature and "stupid" and we went our separate ways. Nine years later and 2 marriages for him and 1 for me later, we got back together and married. It was the best thing I ever did next to present hubby. We had 31 wonderful years together. So :hug: my prayers and thoughts coming your way. Tell her it does work as my story is only "one" of "many" I've heard about. Oh and good idea on getting the WW dessert to take with you.:)

Marti - You'll get the hang of it. Just remember that with WW you can still have the foods you like, but count the points. Be sure to journal. I hate writing things down, but it is a key. I journal as I go, but I'm thinking I might need to do the way Jane does and plan ahead. I can plan ahead and still be flexible (I can make changes with same pt counts). I think you have to learn how to make it work for you. My sister goes to WW meetings and she got with her leader and tweaked her diet to make it work for her. If things don't change soon, I may have to join a local group and do the same thing. There is a cashier at one of my Wal-Marts that used to be a WW leader and she told me that if I'm not losing that I need a leader to help me find out why. I just hope I don't have to do that as it is expensive. :hug: Give yourself time to get it working for you.

Jane - Sorry to hear about your xmil. Congratulations! 3 :cheer: for being OP for 3 days straight. That's what we build on[/B:)]. Makes us feel good and helps to encourage us by reminding us that [B]we can do it. We just have to take it "One day at a time".

Pat - Hope you are feeling better today... out of the ho hum mood we've been experiencing. We do have those days, but thank God they do pass.

Well, DH called and he had to wait longer at the dr's office so I had time to write a little longer. Now, I've got to go start our dinner so I can have almost ready when he walks in the door. Hope to eat and get kitchen clean before cable guy gets here.

Have a nice day!

Trish

da fat n da furious
07-03-2008, 10:33 PM
I fell off the eating clean,,,ate a dozen crackers half of them with CC on it and jalopino jelly. drank most of my water...blah

I don't feel so bad today,,,still coughing hard but not bad. Work was insane,,,worked 14 hrs today,,,literally just got home....and going to bed.

bought some crazy brown suede boots with lots of blue on the top...bought a cowboy had with a flower on it...ha ha still have to be girly.
Tomorrow our Stampede starts,,,so will be wearing the boots for the next 10 days,,,hoping their comfortable.
anywho,,,gonna get to bed

Marti,,,sometimes all you need is to step bad and breath. Ask yourself what you want...what you need to get it...and taking steps to achieve...no running or jumping,,,steps. Don't be hard on yourself...

Our Canada is much like your 4th of July.

anyways,,,night all

Dixiemae
07-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Drats!! I just typed a novel worth of paper back, lost every word of it I will try again.

I am feeling better than I have in months. I started taking my arthritis medicine again, I should start seeing results soon. I have found an exercise routine that I can do, and I actually enjoy doing it. Another Chick shared her idea with me. It is phone book or tray stepping. It sounds like sissy stuff, but after an hour i have worked up a good sweat. stepping on the phone books or trays cushions the steps so my knees and hips don't hurt. So I have added movement to my daily activities. I have almost lost the 1.8 pounds I gained back. If I loose .9 I will weight 189 something!!!!!!!!

Angelia and Marti~ I can relate! I have problems getting in 3 meals a day. Breakfast and dinner are fine. I rarely eat lunch. It gets lost some where in the day. Last night I didn't eat dinner. I was really stressed over a problem. I got a cookie out of the bag. Then I stopped to think do I want to add guilt to the mix and feel even worse. I put the cookie back in the bag. I walked for 15 min. Wasn't hungry. aout 1:28am I ate a bowl of cereal and went to bed. Now I need to check on the dragons, ice a cake, shower and get ready for the family bbq.

Every one have a blessed, happy, safe 4th of July!! Catch ya all later. Pat

Jane
07-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Happy Independence Day

Ruthie - aw, tell Chasity Neal and I went together more than once, too. I first dated him when my heart kind of still belonged to someone else, then 4 years later, it all fell into place, and we'll have our 22nd anniversary soon. Chasity deserves someone that will be good to her and your DGS.

Marti - like the others said, don't be too hard on yourself. Count the good things you're doing for your body.

Trish - hope the test results will all be fine for Tony. I'm sure they will be. You're gonna love having two cables. We have two separate satellite connections, and I just love being able to watch what I want in the bedroom. That one also connects to the bathroom, and I've got a flat screen TV in there, lol. Comes in handy, haha.

Angie - if the CC you mentioned stands for cheddar cheese, that's not too bad! If it stands for Canadian Club, we gotta talk, haha. How'd the Stampede go today? Wow, the boots and hat sound so cool!

Pat - a big YAY to you for 2 things: 1st, for putting the cookie back, and secondly, for finding (and doing!) an exercise you really like. I'm so glad you're feeling better.

Hello to anyone reading this. :wave:

I have a bronchial infection, I think, wheezing and coughing up a storm. I have to sleep with my head elevated, and take some heavy-duty cough syrup to get any rest at all. This, too, shall pass. :)

I was 100% OP yesterday, but not today. We ended up having a cookout on the spur of the moment, and I didn't do too badly, but went over some. The good news is, there was no dessert since it was impromptu, lol.

Have a good one, and I'll chat at ya later. :hug:

pattygirl63
07-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Hi Ladies,

Thought I would check in real quick.

Pat - I know how you feel. I don't know what I do sometimes. I type out a long message and have never figured out what key I hit, but everything goes out into cyberspace. I did that yesterday I think it was and got digusted and didn't even bother with typing it all again. Congratulations :cheer: Good for you for putting the cookie back and finding an exercise you can enjoy. Makes you feel good. I'm glad you are going to be able to get down to your 189 goal as well. I realized today that now that I am up to 10 minutes on my stationary bike that I can do the 20 min Walk Away the Pounds 1 mile (if my knees let me) and have a total of 30 minutes of exercise 6 days a week. I always take one day off because I read years ago that the muscles need one day of rest. Forget why, but they said it was important. So I think that is what I am going to do.

Angelia - Your hat and boots sound cute and girly:). Hope you have fun wearing them.

Jane - :hug: Sorry you have a bronchial infection. DD in TX has that a lot, but her's is because she smokes. I tell her all the time she needs to remember what her Daddy and his Mother went thru before they died and quit, but that is easier than said. Hope you get to feeling better soon. I'm sure Tony's tests will be all right. He ended up not having to see the doctor as they said he can call Monday and get the results. He is getting better. We went out to eat and to the store today and he was joking and kidding with me and reminded me of the way he was when we first married.

Marti and Ruth - Hope you are having a good day.

Catch y'all tomorrow. Good night.

Hugs,
Trish

Jane
07-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Hi Ladies,
he was joking and kidding with me and reminded me of the way he was when we first married.

Trish, that's just the way I felt with Neal in French Lick this week, and I loved it!

short & sassy
07-05-2008, 12:00 AM
Hey girls, I hope everyone is having a great 4th of July. We ended up cooking and one of my daughters and her friend plus her 3 kids came over to eat. We then went and bought $70 worth of fireworks. The kids loved it, but truthfully, there wasn't much to some of the fireworks. In other words they were disappointing. But, as I said everyone had fun so that is what counts.

I'm tired and off to bed. I'll write more tomorrow.

Jane
07-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Just a quick one to say hi. My congestion is worse, and I'm about to cough up a lung. :dizzy: Other than that, all is well.

pattygirl63
07-06-2008, 09:00 AM
Jane - Sounds like you need to get to the doctor. You may need an antibiotic to get over the infection. Prayers and :hug: coming your way.

Hugs,
Trish

pattygirl63
07-06-2008, 01:18 PM
:wave: Ladies,

Well, today was WI day for me and I'm still stuck at 175.5 lbs and I've been here too long. I've decided to cut my points back by 2 and I am going to up my exercise this week to 30 minutes 6 days. I will do my 10 minutes on the bike and 20 min 1 Mile WATP and see what happens.

We were able to start back to church this morning, because Tony felt good enough to go. It was really felt good to be there. I didn't realize how much I missed it. Not much going on the rest of the day.

Jane & Angie - I hope you two are feeling better.

Marti, Ruth, Pat - Hope all is well with y'all.

Catch y'all later.

Hugs,
Trish

da fat n da furious
07-06-2008, 06:37 PM
need to drink water....going to go get a huge glass,,,have some lemon and chug it down.

Jane,,,if the coughing persists,,,see your Dr. ha for me to say that is kinda funny since do I follow my instructions? Nope... Im still coughing hard too,,,feel more like an allergy cough thou...so perhaps will take clariten for a bit and see.

need to get back into eating properly,,,I half am and half not. So really this needs to stop and just go with eating clean all the time.

well off to clean that bath room.

short & sassy
07-06-2008, 11:07 PM
Good afternoon ladies...

Jane, I guess it is my turn to have internet problems. I can only get my internet on my desktop...when I try to hook up the router...which has been working fine up until today....it won't connect, or it connects then loses it's connection. So gave up for tonight...I'll try again tomorrow. Only problem is that 15 year old grandson will be hard to get off long enough to try to fix!!

Jane and Angelia, I hope you girls are feeling better. Maybe you both should see the doc!!

Hello to everyone else...I'm off to bed for now!

Marti
07-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Morning girls :wave:

Ruth--I just LOVE your avatar! You're such a cutie!

Angie--I need more water too. But my coffee is SOOO much better! :dizzy:

Trish--My WI was the same. Didn't budge, but I didn't expect it to, actually thought I might have gained, but that didn't happen. Don't worry, it'll change for the both of us.....we just gotta keep at it.

Jane--How are you feeling today?? Hope the cough has eased up some!

Pat--I've never thought of using a phone book as a step. I'm glad it works and that it's easy on your knee's & hips.

Well, I'm on week 3 for WW. So far, I really haven't been doing well with the program. I just don't think I'm focused enough. I'm going to really focus on it this week and keep up with the journaling. And I also NEED to exercise. That is the biggest thing that helps me lose. Been lazy lately and I'm tired of being lazy!!

Ok....I really need to get ready for work. You all have a wonderful day today!

thesusanone
07-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Well, I'm on week 3 for WW. So far, I really haven't been doing well with the program. I just don't think I'm focused enough. I'm going to really focus on it this week and keep up with the journaling. And I also NEED to exercise. That is the biggest thing that helps me lose. Been lazy lately and I'm tired of being lazy!

Hi Marti. I wanted to mention that I also experienced a lackluster result when I first joined weight watchers in March of this year. For 2 weeks, following flex, I barely lost weight. I switched to core to shake things up a bit, and then I ended up loving core so much that I stuck with it. It has really helped increase my energy too because it got me away from processed foods and sugar, soda, etc. Now I am in a little plateau (plus, I fell off the wagon recently for 3 days). But I'm excited to get back on plan and tweak my diet and add in regular exercise again. I think of it as a really healthy lifestyle change. It makes me feel so much better that even if I wasn't losing weight, it would be worth it. But I am actually losing about 2 pounds a week on average (though with my recent plateau, that average might be going down slightly!)

Don't be afraid to change plans if you want to shake things up a bit. Or perhaps you could go get that kickstart booklet (that you received at your week one meeting?) and follow that for a week. It helps change what you are eating so that it can get you losing weight (again).

Take care and enjoy!

Jane
07-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Hi Ladies,

Trish - glad Tony felt well enough to get out to church. I missed it, thanks to my on-going coughing. Your plan to make the scales move downward sounds like a good one.

Angie - yep, you're a good one to send ME to the doc, lol. I do think I'm on the mend, though. I finally slept last night, w/o too much wheezing. Like you, I need to buckle down. But at least we are making some healthy choices, right?

Ruthie - guess what? My laptop won't get a signal, either, so here I am on my desktop! Grrr. Well, I guess we are lucky to have 2 computers. Hope you got some rest. I really, really like your avatar, too!

Marti - as I mentioned, I need to buckle down, too. Here it is, almost the middle of July, and I'm the same weight I was in January. Sheesh! Well, at least we won't be accused of losing too fast, right? :rofl:

Susan - good to see you again! I'm so glad you found that Core is right for you. You're doing great!

Jaime - jump in and get to know the ladies here, if you like.

Well, as I mentioned, I'm feeling better. I've been OP today, and love all the fresh salad ingredients we're getting from the garden. Neal grew some new kind of bibb lettuce this year, and it's so good. Very dark green, with lots of substance. The tomatoes, radishes, green onions, peppers are ready, and oh so good.

Do any of you take a Vitamin D suppliment? I watched a show about myths, etc, and part of it was about vitamins. They showed a clip of Dr. Oz saying that one vitamin we really need is D, since we use sunblock on our skin. He was fairly emphatic about it, so I'm giving it a try. Supposed to help with your immune system, and bones.

Toodles for now....

pattygirl63
07-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Hi Ladies,

A quick one here and I'll try to do indies tomorrow. I did the 30 minute exercise, but decided to keep the 2 pts where they are for another week week because I needed them and see what happens with the exercise. Then if I need to cut back 2 pts I will. I remember from when I was on WW on-line that my 1 mile WATPs earned me 3 Activity pts, so I may be able to keep them now that I'm doing that plus the bike. I did measure and I lost 1/2 inch from waist and 1/2 from hips so at least something is happening even the scale doesn't show it.
IThe drs office called this morning with the PSA test results and the test confirms that they got all cancer. What a joy to know this is basically over. Just take the tests the rest of his life, but that is okay too.

Hope everyone is doing okay. Catch y'all tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish

Dixiemae
07-07-2008, 11:31 PM
Hi Everyone~Today was a good day. I didn't know I was supposed to take a day off a week from exercise. Thank you for telling me so I don't over do a good thing. I did 35 min stepping this morning. My eating is op. My mini goal this week is to loose 1.2 pounds. My next big goal is to weigh 172. That is what I weighed when both of my daughters were born so many years ago.

Jane~Your congestion doesn't sound good. Are you making a doctor appointment. Please don't let it go too long. Thank you I am feeling better, but you seem to not be feeling good.

Marti~Maybe your body has plataued (ok I can't spell the work) That maybe why you don't see the scales moving down. Don't base your success on the scales alone. Go by the way your clothes feel and look on you. Even a tape measure can be your best friend. You may well be loosing inches instead of pounds. Don't be harsh on yourself. You are doing better than you think you are.

Trish~Thank you-I guess we are human! I had a novel typed and lost every word of it. I weighed in at 189.4 this morning. I think the whole world heard me whoop.

Marti
07-08-2008, 01:46 AM
Checking in quickly before I lay down for the night.

Susan--Thanks for the advice. I actually haven't gone to a meeting. Trying to do this on my own, which is probably my biggest "problem". But once I get in the groove of things, I'm sure it'll all come easily, whether it be flex or core. (I really need to read more about the difference again) You're doing great!! Glad to hear you're doing so well!!

Jane--I'm always talking about Vitamin D supplements around here. It's one of the most tested deficiency in the lab. They've seen more and more people getting tested for it in the last few years. So, I'm thinking theres got to be something to it!

Trish--Boy...I think I do need to read more about WW. Activity points? I know I've heard of them, but never really paid attention to it. Time for me to stop piddling around and do some better research!

Pat--I wish I could say that my body had plateaued. My jeans are too snug. Not horribly, but they sure aren't as comfy as they used to be. I do need to measure.....it does make a huge difference! (it's more friendly than the scale!)

Angie--How are you doing on the water? You'll be happy to know that I've downed glasses and glasses of the stuff today. Of course I'll regret it when I'm sleeping,but for now I feel good about it!!

Ruth--Is that your DD in the photo with you? She's a pretty girl.

I'm going to go lay down now, so you all have a good night!

short & sassy
07-08-2008, 07:57 AM
Hey ladies, I'm on the fly by here. Need to be in shower as we speak....and then off to work.

Marti and Jane, thanks and yes that is one of my DD. That is Angela, she is 27 has 3 kids ages 9, 7, and 5. She should be starting cosmotology school in September...I'm hoping anyway.

Girls, I need a quick kick in the rump!! I've done very little the last five days. I did walk a mile at break yesterday, but other than that...I've done nothing since last Thursday!! I've got to get back at it and tweak my eating...help!!!!

suitejudyblueeyes
07-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Good morning ladies :)

Jane pointed me over here to your thread, I hope the rest of you don't mind a new person! I'm going to go read through your old posts and will join in soon.

Jane
07-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Hello ladies,

Trish - WOOHOO about Tony's medical report! :carrot: Hearing the official news had to be a relief. Glad to hear you're losing inches. Sometimes that's the only way we can tell we're making progress. I don't count activity points because the first intentional 20 minutes don't count, and I'm doing good to get that much, lol. Ithink it's great that you're doing so well.

Pat - aw, I'm glad you had a good day yesterday, and I hope today was another good one. YAY for eating OP and doing the stepper.

Marti - wow, I had no idea that there is such a deficiency of Vitamin D going on. Hmmm, makes me glad I'm taking it.

Ruthie - no kicks in the rump, but how about a hand back up onto the wagon? You can do it, sweetie, and we will help.

Jaime - glad you're back from vacation, and that you found us. You were missed all over the WW forum. Is that tat or a necklace in your pic? It's very pretty, whatever it is. Welcome to the HFF group. :)

Hello to Angie, Mary Kate and TheSusanOne, too.

I am OP again today, and feeling great. I had my 1 T. of walnuts before dinner to help curb my appetite. Although it isn't many, the nuts sure do help. It's too hot to walk outside, so I'm back to the videos. Thankfully, the congestion is just about gone, so I can breathe again.

Neal and I are going to play some Yahtzee in a little while. He beat the pants off of me yesterday. Well, not literally, lol.

Do something healthy for your body and I will, too. :hug:

Marti
07-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Quick pop this morning.....

Things are looking up. Stayed OP although I'm still trying to figure out points for some of what I had for dinner. But I didn't over indulge so I should be ok.
Hubby has more time at home at the moment so he's back to hitting the gym and eating healthy, which really makes things a lot easier around here. I don't feel like I'm alone.

Ruth--You're DD looks so young! Beautiful, just like her mama! I also need a kick in the rump!! How about we just lock arms and do it together??

Jaime--Nice to meet you and looking forward to chatting with you!

Jane--One day at time right? Great idea of finding things to help before dinners. After our chitchat the other day, I feel more of a spark of wanting to get myself together!! Just hope I can get that fire rip roarin' under me!!

Good morning to the rest of you gals.

Ok....I need to get moving. You all have a great midweek day!!

short & sassy
07-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Good afternoon ladies...well I have a few minutes before lunch is officially over. Well, I've done so so the last few days and today I've started journaling again. Today was the 3rd day of walking about a mile during break and last night I walked 2.32 miles on the treadmill...so slowly but surely I'm rebounding!

I went to the dr. for a check up yesterday. He had put me on blood pressure meds a few months ago. With medication my blood pressure was normal...I can't wait until I lose all the weight to see if it will stay down on it's on.

Marti, great to hear that you are op! Sometimes it is easier to do than others. Having someone in the home that is also eating right and exercising should be a big help!! Thanks, I will pass on your compliments to my daughter!!

Jane, glad to hear that you are feeling better. Oh, I finally got my laptop up and going. I actually went out and purchased a new router and everything is back to normal!!

Trish, so glad to hear that Tony's test are all okay. I know you must be breathing a sigh of relief!

thesusanone
07-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Quick pop this morning.....

Things are looking up. Stayed OP although I'm still trying to figure out points for some of what I had for dinner. But I didn't over indulge so I should be ok.

Do you have the WW materials? You might be able to find a set on Ebay for sale. It would make it easier if you had the points slider, food companion, dining out companion, and the first 3 or 4 weeks of booklets (at least the week 1 booklet). You can even just attend one meeting to get those things. Registration is usually free, and the meeting fee is around $12, I think. A bargain because you get a points slider, and week 1 materials. (You can buy the food companion for like $8?)

Whatever you do: I hope you really enjoy this process of getting healthier. Try some new foods and have some fun! Good luck!

Jane
07-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Hello ladies,

Marti - I feel more excited about staying OP, too, any time I talk to you or one of the others, on the phone. TheSusanOne has some good suggestions about the WW materials. If you need restaurant points, you can go to dwlz dot com and get points from just about any restaurant chain imaginable. They are pretty good about keeping it updated, too. (Dottie is a friend of 3FC, so it's ok to post that info.)

Ruthie - I betcha your bp will go down w/o meds once you lose the weight. That happens with a lot of people. One more good reason to stay P, right? I just heard on the radio today that people will lose twice as much weight if they journal what they eat compared to those that don't journal. It really is an eye-opener. My DD Katie did that recently just to see how many calories and points she was eating, and was shocked.

TheSusanOne - would it be ok if I call you Sue? How's everything going for you?

Hello to Trish, Pat, Angie, Mary Kate and Jaime.

Do any of you like salsa in your scrambled eggs? I made that today, and put it on a tortilla for my lunch, and wow it was good. I use to eat it often, but sort of forgot about it.

TTFN,

short & sassy
07-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Girl, I could eat salsa on anything!! LOL Of course, I guess that is the Hispanic bloodline that runs through my veins!!! Also eat jalapenos and crushed red pepper on almost everything! Actually, my DH and I eat a IHOP alot and our favorite omelet comes with salsa on the side. Hubby doesn't eat it, but I love it on my eggs.

da fat n da furious
07-09-2008, 11:44 PM
I love salsa on my eggs! I infact bought a huge flat of eggs and found 4 broken ones,,,so I cracked them completely into a steam bag,,( the commercials that steam veggies in the microwave
anyways whisked it fast and zapped it,,,add spices and salsa and had breakfast on the go! Sweat.
But something I make alot of at home on the weekends,,,I saute onions and sausage,,,big skillet,,,then about 10 eggs,,,I whisk in a bowl and pour over. leave,,,med heat,,,then turn the oven on,,,tinfoil around the hand of the skillet and put in for a couple of minutes,,,you can add cheese,,,comes of the skllet,,,cut like a pie add salsa and that is breakfast. Brandon who hates eggs eats this. You can add some great spices with this,,,taco seasoning even.

welcome Jamie!

Well today I drank my water....ate half clean...seriously do I have a mental problem...eat clean or drink water,,,never the two shall be as one...*sigh
Well Im heading to bed,,,night all

suitejudyblueeyes
07-10-2008, 09:10 AM
Jane - I am so glad to hear you are OP and feeling good. I think I will be the black sheep here and say I don't really care for salsa in scrambled eggs... There is something in commercial salsa that I really don't care for, though I have yet to try making my own. I do love tomatoes and bell peppers with eggs, so I'm sure it's just a matter of me finding a salsa I like!

Marti - Great news about your husband. It's so much easier to eat well when everyone in your household is on board!

short & sassy - That is one thing I hear all the time in my meetings, when women talk about what benefits they've realized having lost even small amounts of weight - doctors take them off their BP meds. Something to look forward to! :) And, like Jane said, a great reason to stay OP!

Angelia - I like to do something like what you described on weekends, and make a frittata out of eggs and whatever leftovers we have on hand from the week. It turns out different every time because it really is a dump everything from the fridge into one pan kind of meal! Somehow it always tastes good, too :dizzy:

:wave: to everyone else - It's going to take me a bit to get all of your names and stories and things :)

I'm actually doing very well this morning. I nearly skipped my wog (walk/jog :D) last night, but told myself I'd at least go out for a walk if nothing else. Strapped on the shoes, put on my jogging gear *just in case*, and as soon as I got out there I wanted to start running... So I did! DH was actually winded this time trying to keep up with me (that never happens!). So I think I'm improving in that department!

I'm on my second day of a little personal experiment. I am attempting to eat vegan for 7 days. There is no real reason behind this, I guess - just that I need to re-focus my eating on fruits, veggies, and whole grains, and this kind of forces me to do so. I also thrive when I have little challenges like this in the kitchen! If I get bored with what I'm eating, I'm just as likely to go out to eat and make poor choices as I am to cook up something boring in the kitchen. So anyhow, yesterday was a real eye-opener in terms of discovering just how pervasive dairy is! I wasn't perfect yesterday and I won't be today either, but I'm 98% there which is good enough for the purposes of my experiment.

Anyhow, I'm rambling on, better get back to work :) Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday.

pattygirl63
07-10-2008, 01:12 PM
:wave:Hi Ladies

Sorry another flyby. We are getting ready to run out the door, just dropping in to let you know I'm still here. This morning the scales was down 2 lbs. I am in new territory 215.5. Waahoo!!! Just hope my eating out today doesn't change it.

Hope everyone is feeling better and have a great day.

Hugs,
Trish

Dixiemae
07-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Hey Trish~ Way To Go!!! Isn't it fun to explore uncharted territory? Keep up the good work.

I have to go out on a limb here I don't like eggs or salsa. If I could find a salsa that was mildly spiced I think I would like it. I just don't like hot cha cha foods. Am I forgiven??

Jaime~ Welcome aboard. I know, I am a little behind here. Good to see you!

Angelia~Na you don't have a mental thing. Water makes you feel full. That might be the problem. How are you feeling?

Jane~You are such a sweet heart. THANK YOU for the encouraging words. You are a blessing.

I did an hour of stepping. I feel good. I will do my push ups this evening. Eating is op. Looking forward to loosing 1.2 pounds this week. Sorry I have been mia this week. I have had appointments and errands every day. Keeps me young. Pat

pattygirl63
07-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Hi Ladies

Sorry I haven't been around much. Just haven't been too much in the mood to say much. I've stayed OP and doing exercise. Have to change the exercise up some because of the knee and hip, but I'm doing different things and that way maybe I won't get bored with it. I never have a problem drinking water. Learned a long time ago that it keeps me from being hungry. I did really good eating out. We went to Olive Garden not a favorite of ours but we had a gift card DH's BIL gave us last year. I got the Linquinie with Marinara sauce and only ate about 1/3 of it. Brought the rest of it home and will have two more meals out of it. So I stayed OP.

Jamie - Welcome to the group. Glad you are here,

Angelia & Jane - I love Picante sauce on my eggs. I put it in scrambled eggs and on fried eggs (fried in Pam of course). Hope you two are over your sickness and doing better?

Marti - I don't usually use my Activity Points. In fact, since I'm not a paying member on WW On-line any more, I don't even know how to count them as that was one of the tools that came with the on-line membership. However, it is good to know that as long as I am doing the exercise that it is not going to hurt if I go over my daily because it is counted off the exercise pts rather than just my 35 Weekly pts. I like to allow for any error in counting pts. Just my thing.

Pat - Yes it is sooooo good for the scales to finally move. It has been months since they have moved for me.

Ruth - I also like jalapenos. Guess my love of hot foods comes from being Texan. Although I have to say that a lot of places here in SC seem to automaticly spice up their foods which isn't easy for DH since he doesn't share my love for it.

Thesusanone - I also wondered if you go by Sue. I am so glad that you found what works for you the WW Core Plan. Wish I could do it, but I'm not at the point yet that I can trust myself with portion sizes. I tried it at one time and I found it too restrictive for me. When I was a member of On-line WW there were a lot of people who did a combo of Flex/Core and did very well with it. I probably still kind of fall into that category.

Well, Ladies I better close off. DH will be ready to watch movies in a little while. I'll try to catch y'all tomorrow.

Sorry if I missed anyone as I didn't mean to.

Hugs,
Trish

short & sassy
07-11-2008, 08:38 AM
Good morning ladies,

Trish, well, I guess my Hispanic bloodline could be called "Texan" as much as anythng else. Some of my genealogy roots are embedded in the Mexican/Spanairds that left San Antonio and settled in Nacogdoches, Texas and then traveled on to Natchitoches, Louisiana. It seems they traveled back and forth for many years...with many settleling in communities along the way. Thus my love for hot and spicey cuisine!! And like you, my hubby does not tolerate it like I do!

Pat, keep up the good work.

Well ladies, I've got to leave for work. I'll talk to you girls latter.

Marti
07-11-2008, 01:37 PM
A quick hello :wave:

Running out of time, need to get to work. I did have a great week this week. Stayed OP and really focusing this time around. Feeling good.

Gotta run, sorry short, but will catch up when I can.

:hug: to each of you!

Jane
07-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Hello, ladies!

Ruthie - well, you little spitfire, you, lol, liking all that spicy food, lol. I can take a little spice, but not a lot of it.

Angie - I make a breakfast casserole sometimes, for special occasions. The one I make is a real gut buster, and although I did try to lighten it up a bit, it still is a bazillion points. Don't feel bad about not being able to do the water and food at the same time. Although I'm on a roll right now, sometimes I feel like it's one step forward, and two steps back. Very frustrating.

Jaime - fresh, homemade salsa is so good! If you make it yourself, you can control how spicy it is. YAY on doing your "wog". I like that term, lol. Let us know how you do with the vegan experiment.

Pat - yw for the kind words. :hug: Wow, sounds like you've been a busy lady. Always errands to be done! How's your dragon?

Trish - you know, I don't have trouble drinking water either, but if for some reason I don't get enough, I can really feel my energy level go down. A big WOOHOO for you, staying OP at the Olive Garden.

Hello to my other HFF! :wave:

Well, I'm sitting in Starbucks, since my internet is totally down. All day yesterday, and today, I've tried to get on, with no luck. I finally called the techies, and they said they'll see if they can fix it on their end. If not, I'm looking at home visit at $85. per hour. That includes their travel time, and the office is about 40 minutes from me. Yowza!

I've been OP, and feel good about that. Last night before I went to bed, I really, really wanted to eat something, but didn't. I wasn't really hungry, just felt like noshing, you know. I guess little things like that add up.

Later,

da fat n da furious
07-11-2008, 10:36 PM
I drank a coffee and an orange juice,,,and did the pee pee dance all day. I just finished my second glass in the last 45 minutes. Have a few more to be where I should be...perhaps all I need is to fill up with water,,,
Ate horribly today,,,so now Im going clean again,,,

Jane thank you for the card,,,I just love it! So needed it,,,perfect timing!

well I am off to bed,,with my book...and bottle of water

suitejudyblueeyes
07-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Trish - WTG on the loss! Onederland approacheth :D And wow, I'm impressed with your performance at Olive Garden! You rocked that!

Pat - Thanks for the welcome :) Hope the scales smile for you this week.

Jane - Oh jeez, hopefully the internet can be fixed remotely. That's a pretty steep per hour rate - I sure wish I made anywhere CLOSE to that! And to get paid for driving... sounds like a good deal to me, where do I sign up?? WTG avoiding the nighttime munchies, that takes real strength!

Angelia - Keep us posted on the clean eating. You can do it!

Just got back from my meeting, and found out I have finally reached my 10%! :D It's been over 6 months since I started WW (this time around... :lol:), so it's about darn time. I've been a slow loser this whole time, but I have to say it has taught me the value of patience. Since I've started jogging the weight has been coming off in more satisfying chunks, so I'm excited to see what I can do with the remainder of the year...

Well, gotta go heat up my steel-cut oats & blueberries, and pour myself some coffee. Not sure how I'm coherent yet without these two things :lol:

Hope you all have wonderful weekends!

short & sassy
07-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Good morning ladies,

Jaime...welcome, and congrats on reaching your 10% goal!!! I've been at this for almost 5 months and have only lost 23 lbs in that time. So it's a little slower than what I hoped for, but you are correct about learning patience! LOL I was hoping to be a goal by Christmas, but at this rate, I'll probably still be 15-25 lbs away from it, but that's okay!

Jane, thanks for the card!! That was very sweet of you...I've been up and down on the scale for about 2 weeks now and I'm finally back to 164.5 on my Wii...the Wii deducts for clothes so I always allow 1 lb for my clothes...so I'm thinking I'm probably closer to 165...but after it climbing to 168 this week!! I'm thrilled with 165!!! Oh, I hope you're online again soon.

Angelia, have you gotten your Wii Fit? Do you have Best Buy in Canada. If so, ask the stores when their shipments come in...then call the morning after to see if they have them. Also, I found a Wii tracker online that told me when our Best Buy had them in stock. I picked up one yesterday for my co-worker. She couldn't buy it until after payday and I knew they would be out of them by closing...At noon the store had 12, when I got there, they only had 2. You know, I find it hard to get water in on the weekends. I do okay at work...but on the weekends when I'm at home...I just seem to ignore water. I need to do better.

Marti...how are you! Great to hear that you are staying op. Hope you have a relaxing weekend!!

Trish, hope you are feeling better. I find myself reading post and not responding sometimes. That's when I'm in my "hohum" mood. Usually I'm not doing as well as usual...but sometimes I just post even if I don't have too much to say!! Oh, what part of Texas where you from? I'm located in Northwest Louisiana... I live about 15 miles or less from the stateline. In fact, a few months ago my husband and I drove the hour to Longview to eat at great seafood restruarant there. Do you ever visit Texas?

Pat, how are your plants...It is burning up here now...too hot to do too much outside!!

Gotta go....my kitchen is screaming form me to come clean it!! LOL

Dixiemae
07-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Jane~Thank you for the card. It is so true. If Oprah even does that I am soooo ready!! Funny you asked about the dragons. Rose survived her 4th of July attache, is doing fine. We now have 6 dragons. My son got carried away. I told him NO MORE dragons. Only 2 are mine. They are doing great, they are all fat and sassy.:rofl:

ShortandSassy~At this point I can't tell the weeds from some of the plants :o The tomatoes, cantaloupe, watermellons, yellow beans, strawberries, grn peppers, and squashes are doing fine. the flowers are pretty. I will do things differently next planting season. I am going to add to my flower beds this fall to be ready for next spring. We have had enough rain that I don't have to water them much;);)

I don't think the scale is going to move down this week. My eating for the last 2 days have been way off the program. I really don't understand what happened. What changed? Last week I was focused and handled the holiday well. This week I have pretty much undone everything I worked so hard for last week. What changed? How did I lose my grip on food? I know I didn't think I had it made and could slack. I fell off my push up challenge. I will, I repeat WILL start over again. I even went to the library and got a book by Denise Austin on shrinking my fat zones. I have not lost sight of my dream of a sexy slinky black dress for Christmas. I certainly got off the path this week. Okay I am done ranting. If I could reach my butt I would kick myself in in for being so care free this week!! Thanks Pat

Jane
07-12-2008, 08:03 PM
See you at HFF #2. (If my internet is cut off, somebody else please start it, ok?) :wave: