Old 06-07-2008, 05:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/188/140

Height: 5 ft. 3 inches

Default Lolitas Wake up and Start Again: June7/15th?

Yeah -- that's right. Wiped out. So here is a new thread to pick up from now.

I am on DAY4 of induction and groovin' on that feeling of taking some care of myself, and inching my way towards thinnerness. Its Sunny and Warm in London today, something to be cherished, and last night I saw that fabulous film about the jazz singer and trumpet-player, Chet Baker. So beautiful, so sonorous.

I have to put in my report this weekend of what i have accomplished this year to see if I can get a raise. I know I won't get one, and since I have been on sabbatical, I don't think I can get one. But they make everyone who is a professor go through the yearly competition... and then they give raises to only 30% of us. But really, Id rather the raises went to people who are coming up with cures for disease than for cozy old profs like me... Still, it makes me nervous and angry at myself for not being more productive and faster.... yick. So, today is a day to really stay away from temptation -- keeping lots of Atkins Induction Foods around to keep me out of the tears'n'chocolate room!

Hope you all are okay. And not too shocked to have lost teh last month of posts.

RubyJan
RubyJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 07:10 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, we didn't gain back the weight, I hope. Everyone will probably need to reset their tickers as they got creamed and restored to May 23.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 09:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I'm up early. The dogs don't let me sleep. They want their breakfast on time no matter what. Had a good breakfast although I'm already unbalanced for the start of my day but the calories look good. I can't seem to get it all together. Either the balance is good and the calories are too high or the balance is off and the calories are fine. Planning to go to yoga at 9:30, do some work around the house, walk the dogs, maybe hit the beach for a few hours. We'll see how it goes. I have to power wash my house one of these weekends. Nasty job but has to be done here in the deep south.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:35 AM   #4  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

...hang on - what happened, folks?

(other than me getting a snazzy new haircut, that is!)
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Hi All: Fay I love the do! So, I decided to measure myself again yesterday. Here are the stats from Jan 3 to June 6

Bust 48 down to 44
Waist 43 down to 38
Belly 51 1/2 down to 47
Hips 50 down to 44
Thigh 28 down to 24

Looks like I've lost almost 24 inches overall. Wow. We are talking two feet!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. I plan to work in the yard and take dd to see the SATC Movie. It is lovely here today. Just got back from taking the dogs for a breezy walk (its about 8:30 a.m.).

ox
SC
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadabroad View Post
...hang on - what happened, folks?

(other than me getting a snazzy new haircut, that is!)
The boards crashed and we lost everything after May 22nd. Love the new hair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayincalm View Post
Hi All: Fay I love the do! So, I decided to measure myself again yesterday. Here are the stats from Jan 3 to June 6

Bust 48 down to 44
Waist 43 down to 38
Belly 51 1/2 down to 47
Hips 50 down to 44
Thigh 28 down to 24

Looks like I've lost almost 24 inches overall. Wow. We are talking two feet!
Awesome job on the inches. That is really phenomenal!!
zinkemomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:17 PM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

staying calm - that is a huge achievement!

petra- when i lived with my parents part of my chores were to power wash and restain the deck every spring. fun times.

fay - love the new do!

ruby - gl with the raise even if you dont get it! congrats about stating to feel the effects of induciton.

me - just plugging along. i splurged and had a little peanut butter yesterday. i cant remember when i started but this mon or tues will be 2 weeks of induction. i think i am going to try to get one more week of induction in too.

have a fantastic weekend everyone! it is sunny and nice here in san francisco!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 07:34 PM   #8  

Sounds like everyone is clipping along at a nice pace. I just got home after taking dd9 to see the SATC movie. Lordy it was long. Two hours and 15 minutes. Enjoyable but to be honest...many many of the regular episodes were snappier and more fun than the movie. The fashions sure were fun to watch though.

Petra: Pressure washing the house does not sound fun. I plan to work in the yard tomorrow with mass amounts of trimming, transplanting, and installation of new sand around the stepping stones in my pathways.

Ruby: You are so wonderful at expressing yourself. I can see you in my mind just like Fay. It sounds like you have a career that you love. Good for you.

Ready: Hey a splurge works every now and then. I'm still at zero appetite due to the anti-anxiety meds. My poor DH. He is used to having a fridge full of low carb delights and lc breakfast lunch and dinner prepared. I can barely bring myself to fry up hamburger right now. Even food preparation is kind of grossing me out. I'm sure I will get over it though.

Love to all. Sorry I have been so absent lately! Missing Auddie and Lily!!!!!

ox
SC
Old 06-07-2008, 07:53 PM   #9  

One of the thrills of living in the deep south is that your house actually gets moldy because of our long hot humid summers. As a result you have to power wash your house. They actually sell solution for this purpose at Lowe's and Home Depot. They may not sell it in other parts of the country. I certainly never noticed it in PA since I didn't have to do this when I lived there. I thought I didn't have any gas for the power washerr but it looks like I do so I'm going to plan to do at least some of it tomorrow.

I did spend a couple hours on the beach today reading. That has been a plan of mine this year. I figure that one of the benefits of living here is that I can go to the beach so I should go. This is the second time I've been. I actually went in the water today. Definately very different from the Atlantic Ocean which is what I was used to growing up. The water is very warm. I would guess in the high 70's and there are small choppy waves.

Fay-love the hair cut.
Scalmie-awesome job on losing all those inches. When are you going to change your ticker?
Old 06-08-2008, 06:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/188/140

Height: 5 ft. 3 inches

Default Open Garden Day in London. DAY 6 of INDUCTION

Just back from rowing 6,000 meters on the rower in the gym. I found a website that belongs to the company that makes these Concept 2 machines, and they let you lo in your meters, which is great. I have to admit, though, that in their rankings, I come LAST for time! The fastest is 23 minutes, and it takes me about 45. Still, it gives me some idea how good I could get at it.

StayingCalm: I agree that SATC is a dissapointment. I couldn't take all those product placements, either. The TV show was much wittier and much more satirical about the world those girls supposedly lived in. When the TV show first came to the UK, I used to watch it like a tonic of NYCity, but I also knew that no one could live the way they did -- but my partner, the Trotskyist trade unionist, used to get furious at my watching it, partly because he appeared to think that it was a scene by scene documentary of MY life!!! I couldn't decide whether I should be insulted or flattered. In any event, we ended up making a deal that he wouldn't come into the room when I was watching it -- some years later, he stopped coming home at all!
Then I bought the complete series 1-6, to amuse me when I am feeling homesick for NY.

I am still in INDUCTION euphoria -- but I know that is dangerous. Am trying to keep it in boundaries. Am waiting for my Ranch Dressing to arrive --

ANY opinions about RANCH DRESSING? Cautions? I wonder what JerseyGirl, Guru of Atkins Purity has to say.

I am off to walk through gardens that have been opened for the day in London. It happens every first weekend in June. Some of the places have been maintained gardens since the early eighteenth century, when city gardens were first popular in London.

have a good day, everyone, Rubyjan
RubyJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:36 PM   #11  

my advice would be like with sour cream - limit it to like 3 tablespoons a day? dunno... interested to hear what Jersey has to say

me - i went shopping yesterday. got some cute stuff. still dont fit into size 29 jeans. lol anyways i know its silly but i was wearing size 28-29 at the beginning of law school and i swear my *** has expanded from sitting on it so much.

went out last night and had some drinks but still kept to carb count. am taking the day off from studying and am considering lying out at the beach, going on a walk or something fun!
Old 06-08-2008, 06:49 PM   #12  

Hi All: I think Hidden Valley Ranch Ranch Dressing is the low carb bomb. I would limit the same as sour cream though.

Petra: Ah my love. I don't use the scale because it was causing me to eff around with food in the beginning. I go to the Dr. again on the 13th though so maybe I will open my eyes this time when they wiegh me. I was there on the 22nd of May and told the nurse, " just let me know if I'm under 209." Her answer was, "You are pretty well under the 200 mark". So I'm good with that.

I have had a wonderful day so far. I got up at 8, worked in the backyard for 3 hours and actually went to Target FOR FUN. O.K. that hasn't happened in over a year. I don't think I have felt this good in a really, really long time. All I can attribute it to is the thyroid and anitdep. meds that I was sort of complaining about. Lordy. I really feel great. I'm beginning to think that maybe I did have some depression going on with the thyroid thing. I haven't looked forward to working in the yard or undertaking a project in a really, really long time.

Anyway, that's my update.

XO SC
Old 06-09-2008, 01:36 AM   #13  

oh ladies i BLEW it today. not talking about having a few nuts and staying within my carb count.

i mean breadsticks, blt, fries and ice cream

i actually feel OK about it. I have been doing so well for about 13 days and i know 1 day will not set me back 13 days worth. so i am getting back on induction tomorrow and going to try to do it for another week or two then add in 5 carb increments.

im back on my schedule of study, work, eat, sleep so it should be easy to stay on track. today was a day off.

i dont feel good and it wasnt worth it!
Old 06-09-2008, 09:15 AM   #14  

Good Morning All: Ready, s'alright. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move forward.

So it is a brand new week. Is everyone prepared to have a great one? I'm gonna do my best!!!!!

SC
Old 06-09-2008, 07:50 PM   #15  

Well I didn't get the powerwashing done. After going to my 3rd yoga class in 3 days I was so sore I could barely move and I'll admit it-I just plain didn't want to do it. I'll have to get around to it eventually. The mold isn't going anywhere.

My scale still isn't moving. I'm seriously thinking sleep deprivation may be the problem. I'm going to work really hard at keeping my calories below 1700 for the next 2 weeks and if nothing happens, I have to come to that conclusion. I guess if my blood pressure is good, my cholesterol is good, I'm exercising and eating healthy, maybe I should just chill about the weight. It's just disappointing to be trying so hard and nothing happen.