Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-05-2008, 07:45 AM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Weekly Chick Chat May 5th - 11th

Happy May Everybody!

Don't forget your "Dear ole Mom" on May 11th.

Anybody new! Everybody is Welcome here!

I'm not gonna copy and paste the last posts from the previous thread, sorry gurls........I am tired.

Mornin' All.

This will be a quickie since I am getting ready to go to bed..........(I work nights for anybody who doesn't know)

Well today DH took a personal day and we went out for dinner, went to a seafood place. DH had Citrus Crusted Tilapia. OMG Ya'all it was soooooo good! I wished I had gotten it! I got Shrimp Etoufee, it was ok but nothing as good as DH's Tilapia. I am in with fish now. Told dh we got to get some!!! He also had Zucchini with it but it was very very bland, not spices, etc. Then we went to Wally World, got a few things. I got myself an electric razor. Gonna try it out......You can use it in the shower........So we shall see!!! lol. I didn't get my bike yet.........

Well that is about it. Have to get some Zzzzzzz's so I can bright eyed and bushy tailed for work tonight. This will be my last week with this schedule. New schedule starts next week........On Sunday Night.

Have a Great Day!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

I didn't make it in here last week. I took a week off from walking and decided to sleep until 6 each morning and of course, that really kind of messes with me .....

anyway, I got up early this morning and did 3 miles

Hey Sassy - glad you and your dh had some time together. that's always nice! what kind of bike are you getting?

Leenie - I am so very sorry about your dog! How is Gracie handling it? I know it's so hard, and Susie had been with you for such a long time. I hope that you have a blessed week my dear friend.

Hello to all our chickadees! what's everybody up to today? I'm at work so I better get with it.

Hope y'all have a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:29 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Its Monday at least the sun is shinning LOL

Cathy, DD took it hard, but kids bounce back quickly.... me on the other hand still have a broken heart, thanks for asking. 3 Miles you go girl !!!

Sassy, rest up chickie.

Nothing much is happening today, work..karate..etc LOL.

How's everyone?

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:43 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

Leenie I'm so sorry about Susie Its never easy.

Boy Hope can you visit me next?? I sure could use your help around here! I'm sure your friend sure appreciates it. Have a good visit with your mom.

Sassy sounds like you had a good day!

Cathy congrats on the 3 miles!

Raven, thanks for the suggestion last week and I did watch Sam's speech. Its a good one. I also found a few scriptures that helped me put a few things in perspective. I'm sorry about your parents kitty.

Amarie I hope you are feeling a bit better today. I'm another one that doesn't do transitions well.

heather, good luck with the show!!

Welcome drella and Switch looking foreward to getting to know you.

And a huge hello to everyone else!!

Well not much has changed around here. It seems I get to go and work for a few weeks at A and W. Its the 6am to 2pm shft for Wed, Thurs and Fri. Should be interesting. My mom works the same shift on Wed so we will get to work together the one day. The boss said it should be for only two to four weeks until she can find someone permanent.
My doc put me on a water pill as my blood pressure is still high even with the two other pills. Hopefully this will get rid of the swelling in my ankles and fingers. I've been making an effort to get on my treadmill and when C is at judo I've been walking around the block, its amazing to see how just that little effort helps my blood pressure numbers.
I should go I've been trying to clean up and I should get back to it.

Take care everyone!
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:39 PM   #5  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey Everybody!
I don't know how much I'll be able to get here for the next 10 days or so...I'm leaving on a trip to see my parents tonight...it's a night flight...they have computers but I just don't know if I will have time to check in or not. I went to yoga this morning and am just doing a little primping and doing the last minute things before I leave. This one is a weird feeling trip because I practically never go anywhere without DD...we are tweedle dee and tweedle dum (I make her be dum!!! hehehe) but she has school and also this will be the first time away from DH since the surgery and everything...it is tough but I am also very anxious to see my Dad...especially now that they are so sad about their cat as well as everything else. It is just crappy right now. And I hate to fly...but...my meds...meditation and everything seem to be doing their thing and I am feeling pretty calm.

Hope: I don't know why TOM chased away the cravings...I think he is responsible for them he just sends them BEFORE he arrives! I did have a candy bar today but just one, and that is going to be my treat for the day...I am just working it into my day...and no out of control feelings along with it...

Okay Chickies! I am going to go do a blog entry since I don't know if I will be able to update it either... Everyone take care if I don't see ya for awhile!!!
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:52 PM   #6  
~Believe~

Cool Hola Amigas!!!

Hola Amigas! Happy Cinco De Mayo!!!

I got my rest. I woke up feeling yucky and icky. But amazingly after I got to work, I felt 100% better.

Cathy -- thanks, it was nice. I am not sure exactly what bike I want yet. I think I posted one I found in the last thread........have to go and look, it was one at Wally World........Found it...........I never posted it in our thread..... DUH me.......lol. Sassy's Bike But I am still looking of course!

Leenie -- All rested and ready to go........for now at least! lol.

Buddly -- Mmmmm A & W......we don't have any of those around here, there is one back in my hometown.........probably a good thing that there isn't one around here! lol. DH has high blood pressure too so I hear ya. One great thing, he has quit smoking! Its been two weeks now I think! You're right, even the littlest efforts do make a big difference!

Raven, hope your trip goes well!!

Big to all!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 05-05-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:56 PM   #7  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

All I can say is I'm !!

I'll be driving back home tomorrow.

Goodnight ladies.

Last edited by hope4me; 05-05-2008 at 11:57 PM.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:06 AM   #8  
~Believe~

Big Hope, get some rest and be careful!!
Old 05-06-2008, 07:48 AM   #9  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Thanks guys - down to the crazy crunch now - I get up, go to work, go to the theatre, come home, go to bed... rinse and repeat!

Talk next week!
Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

did 2 miles this morning

we had rain all day yesterday. I'm hoping to see some blue sky today but so far everything is grey and looking like rain again.

hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:49 AM   #11  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Morning all!

I had super fun at the agility trial this weekend - Penny got 2 Qs, one in Jumpers, one in Touch n Go. She would have had more but I screwed up, and its a team sport so.....

I spent yesterday cleaning my house and doing yardwork. And I didn't eat enough or drink NEARLY enough water. Ugh... When I get busy active like that I just forget. But, the new grass seed is in and watered, the garden is solarizing, an dmy living room is clean (for the moment!)

I hope everyone is having a splendiforous day today! Talk at you later!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:12 PM   #12  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. Do you mind if I join in the coversation? I think I need this group and it's support. I've been through alot in the past 3-4 years and it has really brought me down. Been really frustrated with life lately and I'm having a really hard time losing weight. I've gained alot due to stress and depression. Hopefully I can get alot of support from all of you.
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:21 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Just a quick fly by

Tkglenn of course you can join us

Buddly good luck with the water meds feel better.

Sassy glad your sassy and rested

Cathy... you go girl... "the Son will come out, tomorrow" get it

Raven you have a wonderful time on your trip

Hope, rest up hon, don't you go getting sick now.

Heather.. *GIGGLE* rinse & repeat indeed... GOOD LUCK !!!

Amarie.. a clean house always makes me feel good/better, I've really been trying lately to "keep up with things".. ha! (now ask me friday if the house is clean lol).

Busy at work...thats all

Love yah's

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:52 PM   #14  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all!

Welcome tkglenn, the more the merrier!! Looking foreward to getting to know you better.

Hope drive safely!

raven have a good visit. I flew down to my dad's last summer by myself. I hadn't flown since 1983 and I usually don't go anywhere without someone and it went really well, I actually (gasp) enjoyed myself!! I hope your dad is alright with his surgery and all.

Sassy glad you feel better. Thats great that your hubby quit smoking. Thats big. The kidney clinic are after my mom to quit, but its not going to happen. She's decided she's going to die before needing a transplant or dyaliasis so there isn't any point. We have five A & W's in town two of them are express ones tho. Mom was telling me that I can get 50% off of food while I'm working and I had to say "great I need to lose 50 pounds and lower my cholesterol and you're offering me 50% off of chubby chicken burgers!!" I will have to be strong!

Heather good luck and take a breather

amarie congrats with your pups (whats a "Q"?) A clean house and yard is always so restfull, one day I'll experience it

Hi Leenie, Cathy and everyone else!

Not much going on here. I'm dreading getting up at 5am tomorrow. I couldn't do this if it was long term. Not much planned here today except I should clip the dog as he smells and his furry feet bring in a lot mud. I also want him clipped so that he has some fur back when the bugs come out. We are cloudy today hopefully we don't get any rain as I'd like things to start drying out. We still have a lot of snow in the one yard, but I'd like the driveway to firm up again.

Take care everyone and have a wonderful day!
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:57 PM   #15  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hi TK - I've seen you on the Blue team chat. to this one! These ladies are the absolutely sweetest. I hope you find the support you need here!

Buddly - a Q is a qualifying run (it means we didn't mess up). You have to get a certain number of Qs to get a title. Meanwhile, the jumpers Q we only got because the judge didn't see Penny knock a bar down, but I'm not looking that gift horse in the mouth!

Last edited by Amarie2pt0; 05-06-2008 at 02:00 PM.
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote