Old 04-25-2008, 01:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/204/130

Height: 5'3"

Question Realistic Mini-Goal

I need to set some sort of mini-goal for myself. My 25th birthday is Sept. 27th which is also the day two of my good friends are getting married! I would like set a mini-goal for that date but I'm not sure what would be realistic. My mother suggested 25 pounds because that way I won't end up disappointing myself if I set the goal too high. But I recently went from 234 to 224 without even trying. So I'm thinking if I actually try I could lose a lot more than 25 pounds in 5 months. Okay, now I'm just starting to babble!

Anyway, what are your thoughts on a realistic mini-goal?
TehPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:26 PM   #2  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

I think of a 5 month goal as being more of a long term goal than a short term. It's hard to know where you'll be in 5 months, and how fast your body will adjust to losing weight.
I would suggest setting one month goals. Since May is starting next week, set a goal to lose 6-8 pounds in May. Then when May in finished you can set another goal for June based on how you did in May.
I made a goal to lose 5 pounds in March, and I lost 6 so I was really happy. Now my goal is to lose 5 in April, and I am currently at 4. One more to go!
This is just my idea.

Last edited by bethbeth; 04-25-2008 at 01:27 PM.
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:47 PM   #3  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

A good weight loss goal is 1-2 lbs. per week. So, figure up how many weeks until the date and you could get a rough estimate that way. It would be a fairly broad range though.

You can do it!!
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 232/204/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethbeth View Post
I think of a 5 month goal as being more of a long term goal than a short term. It's hard to know where you'll be in 5 months, and how fast your body will adjust to losing weight.
I would suggest setting one month goals. Since May is starting next week, set a goal to lose 6-8 pounds in May. Then when May in finished you can set another goal for June based on how you did in May.
I made a goal to lose 5 pounds in March, and I lost 6 so I was really happy. Now my goal is to lose 5 in April, and I am currently at 4. One more to go!
This is just my idea.
Hrrmmm, that's actually a great idea! I guess I call it short term just because I know in the overall scheme of things it's going to take me a long time to get to my actual goal weight!
TehPatty is offline   Reply With Quote