Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-14-2008, 05:06 AM   #1  
Meg

Default Maintainers Chat: April 14 - 20

Happy new week! Let's make this a good one!

I'm flying out the door to the gym and will check back later.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:27 AM   #2  
Mel

Good morning, Meg. Hope the gym was an exhilarating experience and you got "your" elliptical.

Just finished my elliptical, am dressed and ready to go with food packed. My week-end was perfectly in control and rewarded by taking out last years shorts which I bought in a "skinny' phase and they fit! Yahoo! There were plenty of years when a new season meant a new size. The relief of knowing that clothes will fit is priceless. Of course, I further rewarded myself with a trip to our new Ann Taylor Factory store and and made a serious dent in the clearance racks!

have a good one,
Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:23 AM   #3  
Chuggin' along...

Mmmmm

Morning all! How was everybody's weekend? Mine was ok, considering I spent most of it at work, but I made time for working out, eating right, proper sleep, and a little socializing too. I hope everyone has a great week!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:39 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi everybody. I've been extremely scarce around here. VERY, VERY busy. I have lurked though.

Anne, I was so sorry to hear of your scare. Glad it all turned out to be just that - a scare. Hang tough, tough lady. You're getting close.

Meg, I'm so glad you liked the bananans. I love that a slice or 2 is so satisfying. I've told so many people aboutthem. I think Chiquita needs to give me a commission or something.

I've had a major, major all out "maintenance blip". ALL OUT. In fact I responded to a thread last week about not having 2 days in a row off plan. Well I can still say that, cause I didn't have 2 days in a row off plan - I've had 3. Count em' - one, two, three. And they weren't pretty.

Mel, I envy you, your perfect weekend. I want to say that again soooo very badly. I'm glad Ann Taylor was able to accomodate you with the clearance rack and your much deserved reward.

I could not face the scale this morning. Didn't need to. I KNOW I've put on major poundage. MAJOR.

The Passover holiday is upon us and this is NOT where I wanted to be heading into it. I wanted a few leeway pounds, now I've got extra pounds to deal with. I hate me sometimes. All right enough. Today is back to actually WRITING down each and every bite that goes in my mouth. I've got to nip this in the bud.

Have a great week folks.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:00 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Thanks, everyone for all your good wishes. Everything has been just cruising along nicely this weekend. My eating has been pretty awful, but I've come to the conclusion that I'm just not capable of controlling it when I'm sick or pregnant. Since pregnant lasts so long, I'll have a big mess to clean up later, but I've done it before after DD, and I'll do it again. So back to the best I can do for now, as bad as that may be.

A few of my friends did the Ironman Arizona triathlon yesterday. I'm really envious, but at the same time now, I've been away from the long distance stuff so it just seems crazy. I can't wait to start running again, I think sometime in July or early August. The double jogger is now here, assembled, and ready to go, complete with car seat adapter for the little one.

Robin, a three day blip sounds quite normal to me. I know you'll manage to get back to where you want to be. None of us are ever perfect, and sometimes even what we think is perfect, isn't.

Megan, you've been busy lately! I'm glad you made time to work out.

Mel, the shopping trip sounds fun.

Meg, do you sleep??

Busy week for me. We have a major meeting on Wednesday/Thursday so there's lots of prep Mon/Tues and then my MIL comes to visit Thurs night. We get along very well, so no real issues, but it is always an adjustment to have guests in the house.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:23 AM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

I'm only up early since Lacy overslept and missed the bus. We stayed up til 3AM putting the flooring in our computer room last night. I think I see an afternoon nap in my plans for today.

I talked to the school this morning and they are excusing Lacy and Shelbey from school on Wednesday to go with me to see Shane off on his journey. I am glad cause I feel like we all need to be there for family support.

I spent yesterday cleaning Shanes room and doing a ton of his laundry. (He definitely buys more clothes than most women I know). Then I boxed all of his clothes and belongings in big plastic tubs and sealed them up. I was needing that room and closet spotless next so I can start laying the new floor in there.

My eating was on plan this weekend except for 1 meal. I'm needing to be super careful today after starting my morning with a bowl of Special K. (cold cereal sometimes seems to make me eat out of control for the day). But, I was in a rush and very hungry and my mind was telling me to stop and pick up donuts. At least I passed on the donuts.

Hope everyone got their taxes done. I told how happy that I was that we did ours in Feb. Well we have an appt. at 2PM today to revise ours due to the custody dispute with DH's XW. Doesn't that figure, we have to do an amendment. We've already gotten a state refund, but not a federal one. Dang it, I wanted my $34.00 refund.

rockinrobin, I had some major blip days like that a few weeks ago and I can definitely relate to how scary it is. I know that you can get back on track. I know this because I know you want to maintain this weightloss as much as I do. I have every faith in you. We're all here for you.

nightengaleShane, (from last weeks post) I have heard talk that the length of duty tours for our soldiers may be shortened, but my DS's orders have not changed yet. He is scheduled for 385 days.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning!

DH and I did Gary's 5k yesterday and it was a beautiful day out. Afterward, my in-laws came over for the afternoon and MIL and I did a little shopping. I got some new towels for my guest bathroom.

Saturday, DS and I ran a few errands which quickly doubled in size when he spied a hobby store and decided it might be fun to build a model car. We went to the first store and they didn't have much of a selection. Off to Michael's, but they were lacking in the paint area. Off to the third store where he found a model and paints and some other accessories. He's having a fun time building his '67 Chevelle.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:40 PM   #8  
Recovering perfectionist

S/C/G: 250/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Hello. I am not a maintainer, by any stretch. But I stopped by for some, hmmm...I guess reassurance is the best word. Reassurance that it is possible to lose, and maintain. I read through a few of the 'Best of' posts and just wanted to thank you all for being here and staying here as a reminder for the rest of us that it can be done.

Have a great day!
Daffy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:17 PM   #9  

Oh my goodness I'm posting on the maintaners chat thread?!?!

Lilybell: I just wanted to say that my heart goes out to you and your family. My brother is in the ARMY and just returned home from Iraq. He was there for almost 1 1/2 year this time, and previous to that he had gone for another full year. Just tell your DS thank you from the bottom of my heart for the sacrifice he's making. And I pray for his safe return, and for God to be with you at this difficult time.

AND I also can totally relate to your remodeling one brick at the time (as Meg puts it). DH and I just bought a house Aug of last year and the work that needs to be done never seems to end. We bought an older home (1955) and it needs a lot of updates. And back in the middle of Feb we had a snow storm that turned into torrential rain and flooded the basement and the finished room we had down there was completely ruined. DH has been buying the material to start working on it. All the work we want to do to the house will be done by us. One because we can save so much money that way, and second b/c he refuses to pay someone to half@** things if you know what I mean...lol.
friendlykat4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Morning Everyone,
I had a great weekend calorie and exercise-wise. We went out to breakfast on Saturday, and I only ate half of my meal. My hubby ate the rest when we got home. But he looks great, so no big deal. Other than that, we got our brakes fixed, our car smogged, our paperwork done for the DMV registration renewal and did the usual chores around the house. On Sunday we were supposed to go on a Yacht cruise on Lake Mead, but when I called for reservations, they were booked until June for weddings. It was a beautiful day out so we just went for a long drive instead. This morning it was back to reality... I already spent an hour on the treadmill. I don't go as fast as some of the people did at EZ Money's 5K, but I did an hour nevertheless. That always makes me feel great.
Here's wishing everyone a great week!
Hugs, Dena

Morning Meg! Hope your gym workout was a good one. Wow, your picture of you 1/2 the size of your pants is alway so inspiring to me!

Hi Mel, congrats on your great "on track" weekend and the ability to wear your "skinny" shorts again this year. Smart idea to reward yourself at Anne Taylor's. I love that store.

Megan, great job on working out and eating right over the weekend. On a positive note, hopefully working so much overtime will bring you extra bucks.

Hi Robin, I know what you mean about getting off track and feeling terrible afterwards. Just starting over makes all the difference. You'll feel great by Passover! :

Anne, when is your baby due? Any names picked out yet? Is it a boy or girl? You probably answered all these questions a billion times, but I'm kinda new here. Sorry.

Lilly, good job on passing up the donuts this morning. Cereal doesn't quite do it for me, either. I seem to get hungry right after I eat it. Any luck with the lotto ticket? Sorry to hear that your son is leaving for Iraq on Wed.

Allison, is that you with the blond hair on the bottome of your post? You look great!

Daffy, hi. I wrote a paper on support groups in college, which got published in a psycholgy journal. The bottom line is that support groups, like these at 3 fat chicks, work! As long as you post, watch what you eat, exercise and drink water, you'll get to your goal. Best of luck to you!

Last edited by Den@; 04-14-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Dena~yes, that is me...from a year and a half ago. My hair is a little shorter right now and the weight is about 10 or 12 pounds higher, too. I'd love to get back to that weight--it felt so good!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:06 PM   #12  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! Work is super-busy for me for the next couple weeks so I might not be able to keep up. We had a freeze last night but our plants came through it okay (we covered them up). It's supposed to warm up again starting tomorrow!

Weight is up again today. :sigh: Hopefully it's just from TOM. I haven't had a loss in two weeks, but usually during TOM week I'll drop 2-3lbs of water weight, so I might see a loss by Friday.

Megan and Lily - the tax rebate is different for different situations. Single people get $600 (I think), married couples get $1200, plus there is an additional $300 or something for each dependent child. But if your income is over the limit you don't get anything. I bet if you google for it you'll find out the details. I think DH and I are getting $1200.

I hope you all have a good week!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:07 PM   #13  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

We had a beautiful weekend here in Northern CA--it's was 80 degrees and sunny. I got to wear my cute little skort that it is almost always too cold for. But now we are back to what has sadly become our usual cold spring weather.

We got the vegetable garden planted on Saturday (and I have the back pain to prove it). If everything grows, I'm going to have a lot of produce! Four tomato plants, four eggplants, four basil plants, four peppers, two zucchini, two cucumbers, one rhubarb, and unspecified amounts of arugula, cilantro, regular turnips, baby turnips, mustard greens, mesclun lettuce mix, and radishes. The only things left to go in the ground are the melons (it's still too early but I got some started indoors) and the beans (just ran out of steam, maybe next weekend).

Speaking of bananas, the grocery store by my parents sells baby bananas! They are like regular bananas but half the size. That would be perfect for me; I wish the grocery stores out here in CA sold them. They are grown by Chiquita so I don't know why they would be limited to the midwest.

Mel: Ooh, I love the Ann Taylor factory store! It is a beautiful place!

Oh Robin, I'm sure you will get back on track! I've had days like that--in fact, I must confess to being a little relieved that you have days like that because I read that other thread and I was wondering what was wrong me that I have out of control days and no one else seems to. I'm sure it was me just being overly sensitive but it seemed like everyone that posted in that thread said they are never just out of control and I definitely have days that spin out of control. And I know how disappointing it is to head into an event where you were hoping your weight would be a little down and to suddenly be in the opposite situation. But you are normally so disciplined that I know you'll get a handle on this and in not very long it will be like it never happened.

Sorry, the week is barely started and I'm already behind on this thread and can't comment to everyone. I hope you all have good weeks!

Last edited by BlueToBlue; 04-14-2008 at 09:07 PM.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:25 PM   #14  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi folks.

Oh Barbara I am so very human it's scary . I mean I really scared myself there over the weekend. But I think I did mention that I go off plan in that other thread. But just never totally out of control. I don't know what you would call what I did. But is surely wasn't planned, controlled or even counted. Yikes.

And because of it, I had an awful day today. I mean I felt LOUSY. For the first time in almost 2 years, I had to fight the urge to sleep in the middle of the day. I was terribly lethargic, listless and completely without energy. I felt like crap. Gosh, I hate that term, but that best describes it.

I was very much back on track today, but will feel much better after a few days pass. Need to get my confidence back. And I could use a really good weekend. That would be nice. Going to be very difficult with Passover arriving Saturday night. I am hosting a seder at my house. I wrote down everything that I ate. No extra nibbles or anything. But I am extremely angry and disappointed with myself. All I can say is I hope that I remember this and learn from it - and move on.

And Barbara, your garden sounds scrumptious. Yummm.

Lilybelle, I think you could give Martha Stewart a run for her money.

Hello to the rest of you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:30 PM   #15  

Blue - if you have any hispanic or Asian markets in your area they usually have those cute baby nanners
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote