Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 04-12-2008, 11:21 PM   #1  

Height: 5'3"

Default No S Diet

Anyone heard of this one? http://www.nosdiet.com/

No Snacks
No Sweets
No Seconds
Except on days beginning with S and special days like birthdays (yours and people close to you) and holidays.

Sounds simple enough...I've been cutting back on my snacks anyway so maybe I can cut them out completely 5 days a week? Maybe. It's worth a try. I've been losing but so very slowly...maybe no snacks would give me the boost I need.

Only problem is....I just hope I don't overeat on the S days and gain back everything I lose on No S days! I have done this on another diet I did where I could have anything I wanted on certain days. On the positive side, I have been much more disciplined recently...well, until today, I really got side-tracked today but I'm actually looking forward to being more disciplined starting tomorrow again.

Last edited by maryea; 04-12-2008 at 11:23 PM.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

I think it's a bad idea to cut out snacks, healthy ones anyway. Munching through the day keeps your metabolism up.
Fat Chick B Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 05:50 PM   #3  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

I know for me cutting out sweets and snacks would just make me binge

Best wishes
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

I can't stand being hungry, so I just can't be snackless. There are 2 days of the week that start with S and you can do a lot of damage in 2 days. I lost a lot of weight eating 3 snacks a day, but even now, I would never allow myself 2 whole days of eating whatever I wanted at every meal (plus snacks, heh).

Last edited by Glory87; 04-13-2008 at 07:58 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Heh, I just read through most of the site - he is remarkably snarky! I like him!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:03 PM   #6  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I think this sounds like an attempt at trickery and an odd form of magical thinking, not reasonable ways to lose weight healthily at all.

I have seconds of steamed broccoli and salad and frozen strawberries...chocolate even...Then again, I eat off a small plate and seconds are small to begin with.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:16 PM   #7  

Height: 5'3"

LOL I'm beginning to think you gals are right! I was thinking to start this diet tomorrow but in anticipation of havin no snacks for 5 days I have been gobbling them right and left this weekend! Today I ate almost a whole bag of chocolate covered pretzels and a good-size bag of sunflower seeds!! OMG! I haven't eaen that way in a very long time!! Can you imagine what I might do in 2 days after being snack-deprived for 5 days!! Back to my usual way of eating tomorrow...at least I WAS losing...and eating healthy...I've probably gained 5 lbs this weekend!

Last edited by maryea; 04-13-2008 at 09:17 PM.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5'7.5"

wow! it's my first time to know that such diet exists. but believe it or not i know a women who does this subconciously (not sure of "Except on days beginning with S and special days like birthdays" thing though) and she's always skinny.

I should give it a try though!
ouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5'7.5"

hmmm and I add one No Soda
ouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:08 PM   #10  

Height: 5'10

It would be a pretty sustainable diet if the snacking rule was taken out. Maybe eat healthy 5 days a week and relax (a little) during the weekend
sweetlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 136/130/120

Height: 5'6

I know it's been a while since this thread was active but I felt compelled to reply to a few misconceptions.
First, "S-days", which are weekends and special occasions, are not about binging. The point is to eliminate the feeling of deprivation, but once you get used to eating three times a day and limit the sweets to the weekends you find that you don't need to binge. This is about using common sense, it's not permission to go nuts.

The other thing, whatever slight increase in metabolism you might get from snacking is eliminated by the extra calories. Believe me, eating 5 times a day versus 3 will not make a significant difference if you are overeating in the first place. Having three meals, no seconds on one plate is a good way to realize how much you're eating, and you eventually discover you have to make each meal count so you include fruits and vegetables that take up space on that plate, instead of using them as snacks. That way you remove the extra calories and unhealthy food should not really dominate your plate, again if you use common sense.

It is the most simple, reasonable "diet" I have ever found. Don't be afraid of giving up snacks. You'll get used to it after a couple of days, it's surprising how easy it is.

P.S.: If you have blood sugar issues that is another matter and you might need to include a snack
biocrystal is offline   Reply With Quote