Old 04-11-2008, 08:52 AM   #1  
agility-nut

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Default switching to low carb

Hello, I am switching over to low carb (Atkins) . I was on calorie counting, but now I need to rethink my eating plan. I was talking to an nutrinoist and she said that I was always hungry because of the carbs I was having. I was eating either Fiber One or oatmeal fro breakfast, but the rest of the day, I was either eating tuna with no fat added or chicken and veggies. It has become very clear that I need to add some fat to my diet and get rid of that breakfast. So here I am, just had 2 scrambled eggs cooked with butter for breakfast.
I used to have an Atkins book at home, but cant find it. So I have been looking at the Induction part of the diet and will follow what is posted. I wish everyone continued success on thier journeys.

Janis
Janis427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:01 AM   #2  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Welcome aboard! Hope you find Low Carb is your cup of tea - I've found it something of a revelation myself, and I've also really found the boards here tremendously supportive! (And NOT being hungry is definitely one of the pluses about Low Carbing, imho!)

If you do have the chance to reread the book, either from the library or a bookshop, I think it's invaluable. And I'd also recommend Gary Taubes' book Good calories, Bad Calories - that was a real eye-opener for me!

Meanwhile, you might enjoy Linda's Low Carb recipe site:

http://genaw.com/lowcarb/

Not everything there is suited to Induction, but she has a very good range of Induction-friendly recipes!
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:37 AM   #3  
agility-nut

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Thanks, I just checked the Borders book store and I am out the door to buy the Gary Taubes book. It sounds like something I am intrested in.
Janis427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:26 AM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Janis!!

Until you get a copy of Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution,,,,here are a few links you might want to look at:
http://www.atkins.com/articles/atkin...e-1-induction/
http://www.atkins.com/articles/atkin...eptable-foods/
http://www.atkins.com/articles/atkin...-of-induction/

You CAN do this!!

All the best to you!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 07:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome. Hope you enjoy your new WOE. There is lots of good information in the Atkins part of the forum about induction and the rest of the plan. Feel free to ask questions and join the chat. We have a lot of dog lovers in the chat. I'm trying to get one of my dogs ready for therapy dog certification. I've done agility with my lab before and am thinking about doing it again. Would be good exercise for both of us.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote