Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 05:03 PM   #1  

Default La Weight Loss #44

I think We needed a new thread here you go .
Old 03-01-2002, 06:33 PM   #2  

Thanks Diane! I agree that it was time for a new thread.

I had not had any starch all day, so I stopped at Subway on the way home from work. I got a 6" turkey on wheat with a bunch of veggies. It was yummmmmy! I guess anything I do not have to cook is good though!

I am going to weigh in tomorrow morning so I will post then.

Have a great night all!
Old 03-02-2002, 10:14 AM   #3  

I just went to weigh in and I was down 0.4 lbs since Tuesday. I will take it! Any loss is a good loss. They changed my plan from red to purple today. I am hoping that speeds up my loss to the 1-2 lb per week range again. I will have to wait and see! The next time I weigh in I should be out of the 240s! WOOHOO

Diane-
I talked to Marcie (the other one) on IM this morning. She said to tell you hello. She seems to be doing great.

Better get started on laundry and cleaning! Catch y'all later.

Old 03-02-2002, 11:36 AM   #4  
You control your happines

Angry Back again

Hello all! Hope everyone's doing well. I finally got remotivated and I dropped below the dreaded 190 that I was at for almost 3 months.

I'm at 188 and I can see the end of the tunnel. I'm half way there. 25.5 pounds. Thank goodness. I'm going to go this. We're all going to do this.

The quote of the week at our center. You have the power to control the scale it has no power to control you.

I like it.

Toodles, Good luck
Jen
Old 03-02-2002, 06:36 PM   #5  

HI All:
I was up .2lbs from the other day, I was alittle annoyed because I did take-off for tow days and thought I did really well, but I had a cold and I was taking one of those cough syrups and it did not help with the weight at all.
Jen glad your back keep it going now.
Marcie (Jib) enjoy the purple plan I did well with it and thanks for mentioning me to the other Marcie, I am glad she is doing well. Are your sure you won't miss that extra starch?
Have a great weekend
Diane
04/06/01 201
03/02/02 140.8
goal 135
Old 03-02-2002, 08:11 PM   #6  

Talking

hi ,

everyone i am new to the group. i joined la weight loss on january4,2002,after the birth of my 4th child. can someone tell me what the 2 day take off plan is. i did the 3 day with the meat and veggies and oranges. i would like to know in detail if someone give me a example of what you eat during the 2 day .

thanks,divanikee

sw-284.4(1/04/02
cw-263.4(3/02/02
gw-150
Old 03-03-2002, 12:25 AM   #7  
You control your happines

Default Purple

Jib,

Just a note, I loved the purple so much more than the other plan. I was on Blue which was just smaller portion sizes than red, I found I was getting hungry with a starch and a protien in the morning. When I went back to purple I wasn't so hungry. Go figure??

Good luck on it.

Has anyone heard anything about this stuff on Good Morning America and the stuff in NY?

Jen
Old 03-03-2002, 09:12 AM   #8  

Jen-
Congrats on your loss! Half way is a great place to be. I have not watched any tv for two days, so I have not seen anything about what is going on in NY.

Diane-
I am sure you will be down when you go in this week. The cold may have kept you from losing much.

I am finishing the weekend on the Red plan, starting Monday on the purple. I already had our meals planned out, and I didnt want to change them. I will miss that extra starch, but I think I will just eat salads for lunch...which I do often anyway. I will just not have the melba toast. I always have a nutrigrain bar for breakfast (counting it as 1F, 1S like the centers cereal bars) and I dont want to give that up. I need a really quick breakfast in the mornings. I guess I will have my other protein at either lunch or dinner...usually dinner. I am not going to miss that morning protein. What a pain!

I am on spring break this week. No class! WOOHOO Unfortunately I still have to work though. I am planning on taking a week long vacation soon. I need to get away! Bossman is making me crazy.

Have a great day all!
Old 03-03-2002, 10:56 AM   #9  

Hey Jibbelle:
Where do you want to go on vacation? I would love to go on vacation but I do not see anything in the near future can you feel the envy?
Jen I did not watch the Good morning thing either and I live in NY. On the previous thread it was mentioned.
divanikee the two-take off is less food. You are allowed 6 oz of protein, two veg, two la lite bars and the take -off juice 4 times a day. How do you like the program?
Have a good Sunday
Diane
Old 03-03-2002, 12:25 PM   #10  

I have no vacation plans...anything but work! I will probably go visit my parents for a couple days...and also my brother and his wife. They all live a couple hours drive away, but I rarely make it home other than on holidays. Other than that...no idea. I dont think my boyfriend is going to be off, so I will probably spend some of time with my best friend who works from her home. I often think she plays more than she works! Maybe have a girls day out.

So fill us in...what is going on in NY?

Our center is having some special where you do the 3 day take off 4 times in a row (well...once every 14 days) during March and April. They have 10% off on the drink and all supplements. They say some people really love doing this 2 month take off thing. I told them no thanks...I would see how the purple plan works out first!
Old 03-03-2002, 01:51 PM   #11  

Talking

diane...............

thanks for posting that information for me. so far i like the program ,i am averaging 10 pounds a month. i workout everynight to taebo when the kids go to bed. my kids are 4,3,1, and 3months. so the evening is the only time ,i get a chance to excercise...........................

jibbelle,

what can you have on the purple plan? i also have a nutrigrain bar in the morning,i cannot wait until they switch me. i am on the red plan.........................
Old 03-03-2002, 03:20 PM   #12  

Purple plan is the same as red minus one starch and the 1/2 protein. You decrease your dairy serving to 4oz.

I think those are the only differences.
Old 03-04-2002, 01:39 PM   #13  
Never Fry Bacon Nekkid!

Talking

Hi all, I just wanted to get some information on the LA Weightloss plan so I could see if it is something I wanted to do. Any info is appreciated!

Thanks
Old 03-04-2002, 05:05 PM   #14  

Hi Dixie:
The diet itself is figured out for you how much protein you can have have many starches and veg. and fruit. I think most of us are on a different plans, I am now on the gold and others are on the purple or red. It is very limited on starches I can have two a day and you also have two la lites a day. The program is one on one which I like. It is a very structured diet and really if you want to do well it is better not to cheat that is what I need to get over.
Good luck
Diane
04/06/01 201
03/02/02 140.8
goal 201
Old 03-04-2002, 10:30 PM   #15  

Wink

HI EVERYONE,

I WENT IN TONIGHT FOR MY WEIGH-IN. I LOST ANOTHER POUND. I ASKED IF I COULD DO THE 3 DAY TAKE OFF. I LOVE TAKEOFF BECAUSE I DON'T FEEL HUNGRY AND I HAVE A LOT OF ENERGY.SO I GO FRIDAY MORNING TO GET WEIGHED IN. DOES ANYONE FIND THAT SINCE THAT SINCE THEY STARTED THE PROGRAM ,THEY CRAVE SALT? I FIND MYSELF CRAVING FRENCH FRIES.

ANYWAY ANOTHER QUESTION I HAVE DOES ANYONE TAKE ANY OF THERE SUPPLEMENTS ,AND IF SO DO YOU FIND THEM HELPFUL?

SW-284.4{1/04/02
CW-262.0{3/4/02
GOAL-150

DOWN*22..4 POUNDS
Closed Thread