UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 08:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

Talking APRIL chit-chat thread

I get to start the new thread then

Well it is now officially spring-time! We can look forward to the long days of summer and in my case, that means a reduced appetite - YAY

2lb lost this week, but I'm still not being entirely good

How are you doing Kn1ghtbabe? Did the physio and OT appointments go well? Can you have a bath now?!

Veggie, have you been able to stop eating yet?!

Everyone - good luck with losing inches and pounds this month
Old 04-02-2008, 06:19 AM   #2  

I was really good yesterday, but now I am starving today!

How's everyone else doing?
Old 04-02-2008, 06:55 AM   #3  

will let you know after WW tonight.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:38 AM   #4  
I can lose

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/175

Height: 5ft 5

Hi Pachy.
Am doing ok. OT was helpful, been offered all sorts of stuff. It should all be here next week which means I can have a bath when I want. I am signing up to do a sponsored step in May. It will give me a focus for my walking. Scan finally sorted for April 10th.

Holiday booked for August 2nd, so that it my goal for losing the walking stick.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:36 PM   #5  

I haven't stopped eating but the Boots scales were 4 pounds down but I have put on a ridiculous amount lately so I'm not that happy. I know if I go back to slimming world I'll be the same I was two weeks ago which is depressing as it was more than my joining weight!
Old 04-02-2008, 04:07 PM   #6  

I'm packing in WW!! I've not lost now for 8 weeks just stayed the same. I might go back in 6 weeks if things aren't going well
Old 04-03-2008, 07:16 AM   #7  

Oh my God!

I got home last night to find that the cat that I don't even like had got shut in my bedroom (obviously hiding under the bed again) and had peed and pood all over my bed, and I mean all over. I can't believe such a small animal can produce so much. I mean, I work in a hospital and deal with incontinence and people don't produce that much mess! It went all the way through the duvet, mattress protector and blanket to the mattress My bed and sheets were new and lovely and I was really hacked off. I spent ages soaking and washing it all in biological power to get rid of the terrible smell.

To top it all off, I was telling my friends at work today, and one of them is a crazy cat lover and started really telling me off for shutting him in the room - like I intended to do that! She told me I was cruel! I seem to spend my life looking after this ungrateful and vindictive cat, carrying the thing to its food everyday, twice a day, and gently stroking and coaxing the fussy thing to eat, and it regularly manages to scratch me as I try not to let it starve. I was really off to be told that I was cruel

Ok tantrum over, it was good to let it all out!

I was very pleased yesterday that despite all these traumas, I didn't eat badly, and I didn't give in to the idea of eating takeaway rather than cooking something healthy.

sarahgrace - I'm sorry to hear that WW isn't working for you anymore. What are you thinking of doing instead?

veggie - 4lbs is brilliant . I know that it is depressing when we are still heavier than we were before, but you're losing again now, that is the important thing.

kn1ghtbabe - you are such an inspiration . I think a lot of people would just give up on the lifestyle change for a while after what you've been through, but you just keep at it. I'm glad that the OT was helpful, and good luck with the scan.

Last edited by Pachyderm; 04-03-2008 at 07:17 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:42 AM   #8  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Hiya everyone!! well done veggie!!

kn1ghtbabe, glad to hear things are good and that you going on Hol, where are you headed?

I feel like I cant keep to my Calorie goal although today Ive been hardly hungry at all, woot!
I think it may be that Ive discovered drinking coffee(black)!! woot, is it an appetite suppressant?

I have my whole dissertation due this month and I was ment to start in Sept, but ahem, didn't and now Im all frazzled and there's a million other uni crapola things due in at the same time :S which means I have no time for the gym ??

Ive got my bell pepper, aubergine, courgette and Roma tomato plants going but they only seem to be reaching about an inch except for the courgette, the weather is just pants!

O, even if I has come at an awkward time, I got a job! in a bar for football matches, haha, that's rich seeing as I get anxious in new settings :S the money will come in handy, that's for sure!

Hmm, I think this coffee is making my hyper and I feel and lil light! :P

Hope everyone is well!

O I do have another question, my digital scales said I was 7stone13lbs, but the gym scales(unpaid) say Im about 1/2stone heavier, which would you be more inclinde to trust and go along with?
Old 04-03-2008, 04:41 PM   #9  
I can lose

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/175

Height: 5ft 5

I am Bulgaria bound. Due to my strokes I wanted to go somewhere I know and that I know I can get arround.

OT delivered all my goodies today - woohoo bath whenever I want. Hubby taking the mick at my 'old lady' trolley.

Unfortunately I am on bed rest as my BP is through the roof and I have had a headache. Still can't be put on medication as need results of scan first.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:42 AM   #10  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

week is going good for me too....
eating suprisingly better than i thought i would be!....
mainly sticking to fruit during the day....
and eating an evening meal....
and cereal in the morning....
combined with my exercise....
ive lost 3lbs this week....
Old 04-04-2008, 09:39 AM   #11  

Well done l00py

Kn1ghtbabe you are having a run of bad luck. Make sure that you drink a lot, that will help keep the BP down. At least you can now look forward to a bath Didn't you say you have some fancy jacuzzi like contraption? That would be lovely, and with the relaxation of lying in that - a lowering of the BP!

Bulgaria sounds very exciting. I've never been. In fact I haven't explored much of Europe at all. I'm thinking of getting fit enough to do a couple of cycle tours in Europe - although I'm thinking of starting in the Netherlands so it won't be too exhausting

Angeleyezx - mmm, caffiene high. I do enjoy them! I'm doing an OU course at the moment, and I have been so lazy recently that I have a lot of work to do there too. I sympathise Of course my big problem is procrastinating over studying, so I would still go to the gym so that I didn't have to work! Your technique sounds better

Kept on plan again last night - no bad snacking for 4 days , and that is an achievement considering my recent pre-dieting behaviour. I still feel hungry most of the time though I know I'll get used to less food in a couple of weeks, but fighting off the cravings during this time is soooo hard.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:28 AM   #12  

2lb off this week

Slight problem is that I didn't actually eat that well this weekend. I had cookies, cheese and biscuits and wedding cake But then I was working from 7am til 2pm without a lunch break so I was bound to snack on the food lying around
Old 04-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #13  

Hi everyone I`m new to this and nervous (you guys seem to all know each other) but I thought I`d give it a go.
2 lbs with cookies and wedding cake - I wish!!
I`ve got my first weigh in tomorrow after joining Rosemary Conley last week, I`ve followed it to the letter and I`m actually quite excited about tomorrow (I know very sad), that feeling probably won`t last long!!!
Let you know how it goes!!
Old 04-08-2008, 06:27 AM   #14  

Hi Tricky and good luck with the weigh-in today.

I was bad last night Utter cock-up at lunch yesterday when I dropped my food all over the floor, so I had to go to the local shop to try and find something to eat. Naturally they have only high calorie snack-type food which doesn't keep you satisfied for long, so I ate some nuts and snack a jacks when I got home I made and ate a good dinner (Rosemary Conleys!), then had another packet of snack a jacks later that evening It looks like I didn't go too badly wrong on calories though - only 100 over what I thought I would do, and I'm trying to sort of calorie cycle anyway
Old 04-08-2008, 07:59 AM   #15  

HIya

I am afraid I have not even been lurking for ages.

Sorry. I will try to catch up on all you are up to.

Pachyderm - I do not know the background about this cat you have - has it been dumped on you? It sounds like a kind of 'dirty protest' - is it spayed? That might account for its mood or perhaps it is just a bit frightened? Has it somewhere it can retreat to like a up turned box with a hole in it? Perhaps it is picking up on your vibes (I don't mean this rudely, but my mum was not too enamoured of one of our stray cats and it certainly knew that!).

Can you get advice?
Closed Thread