South Beach Diet - Monday Motivation Chick Chat!

View Full Version : Monday Motivation Chick Chat!

cottagebythesea
03-10-2008, 06:26 AM
Good Morning! I did not want to get up this morning, I think this time change is playing nasty tricks on my schedule. Oh well, a couple of cups of coffee should make things right again. :)

SOSO here today. What's happening in your day today? :cofdate:

Loriann7
03-10-2008, 07:03 AM
UGH, back to work.... I need a few days off! :(.... the time change isplaying on my system as well.

I've made an appointment for Sunday to take the cats in... Gideon is still throwing up and using the floor instead of the box *(which is not like him), and Noah had another seizure... at 17 and 19, this is going to be VERY difficult for me to do!!!!

I've told my ex's sister I will no longer be going to her families funerals (I stopped going to everything else long ago). No need for me too. My son is 18, he can find his own ride. Besides, isn't that part of living on one's own? Independancy?

The scale is stagnant at 185 this past week... HOpefully this week will be better!

I made a mahi mahi in citrus soy, posted the recipe in p2... was DELICIOUS!

Morning Linda. Morning gang.

cottagebythesea
03-10-2008, 07:16 AM
Good morning, Loriann. :) I was checking out that recipe, it sounds great, although I've never tried Ugli fruit before. That will make a nice meal for Friday, I'll have to remember to pick up some soy citrus at Wegmans!

This will be a short work-week for me. Cindy and her mother are taking the girls to Disney World and Sea World as a surprise to celebrate Audrey's birthday. She turns 7 on Thursday, and they are leaving Wednesday afternoon. Audrey doesn't know anything about it, she's going to be thrilled! I was originally going to go with them, but their grandmother offered to go, so I'm going to enjoy a nice long weekend off! They won't be back until next Tuesday. :D

tkglenn
03-10-2008, 07:17 AM
Morning everyone.Nothing much going on. Had a pretty decent weekend. DH didn't have as many PTSD moments this weekend so it was quite peaceful in our home. He's trying really really hard to fix it. He's tried the counselor but that only helped in the beginning. Got rid of anothe puppy on Saturday. He was such a pretty one but it was the father of the puppy (the owners) got to chose the one they wanted and they wanted that one. We can't complain because they let us mate and all they wanted was one puppy. Now there are three left but one is ours. We are trying so hard to get them sold. it's hard work taking care of them. As they get older, they are alittle more playful and alittle more demanding. I need sleep. This time change isn't helping either. It sucks. I did NOT want to get up this morning. DH even slept in an extra half hour. Well, everyone have a good day.

CyndiM
03-10-2008, 07:18 AM
:coffee: :coffee: It is one of those mornings at the beginning of one of those weeks!

Cottage - Thanks for getting the coffee going!

Loriann - Good luck with the kitties. A couple of years ago we lost our two kitties, 18 & 19, and then our 10 year old a year later. I still miss my babies.
Hope your scale is playing the same game mine does - it's stagnant for a couple of weeks then drops every day for a week or so. I still get frustrated each time!

I made a dent in the scary storage room. At least now we can get to all the bins and start working on them. Now I'm coordinating all the give aways. I hate throwing things out, don't think I could clean if it wasn't for freecycle! When I'm on a tear though it is a challenge to coordinate all the pickups!

I'm looking forward to 40 degree days and light evenings so I can walk outside.

Have a good day Chicks!

cottagebythesea
03-10-2008, 07:23 AM
I hope yu can find time to catch a nap today, tk!

Cyndi, I just noticed your ticker!!! :congrat: :woohoo:

CyndiM
03-10-2008, 07:31 AM
Cyndi, I just noticed your ticker!!! :congrat: :woohoo:

I've known for awhile that I would keep going past my original goal, but I really like seeing that. I'm pretty shocked at how well I've done this time around. Apparently I'm not the only one because my doctor was asking me for tips to help her other patients trying to lose. I'm much more nervous about maintaining but will take it a step at a time and keep vigilant. No french fries to celebrate the end of this "diet" (yes, I've done that before!).:dancer:

tkglenn
03-10-2008, 07:43 AM
What are your tips? Congratulations!!! You are at the same goal as mine. I want to get down to 165. I know exercise but with 4 children and two of them that get sick the minute I walk out the house with them.....it's not possible.

Loriann7
03-10-2008, 07:58 AM
Cyndi, Congratulations! I used to use freecycle, but found the pick ups were not worth it. My local town (bloomfield, where population according to my son is 2, he and I)... has a store that I donate too for the convenience... the proceeds go to local churches.

Linda, I had never tried ugli fruit before either... the insides resemble the grapefruit in looks, but the taste is like an orange, only not near as sweet... for the price (I paid 1.99 for one) I will stick with oranges! But for this recipe, it was worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CyndiM
03-10-2008, 08:01 AM
I just really stuck to plan. I know some people allow cheats along the way but I know myself enough to know that my cravings would go out of control if I eat certain things. And, sorry, exercise wherever and whenever you can get it. Even getting a pedometer and working toward those 10,000 steps can help. I park a little further away as a habit now. Is there something you can do with the kids? I went to a child care provider's home the other day and her kids love the Walk Away the Pounds videos! Apparently the kids ask for them, especially on indoor days!

Even if you can't get in much exercise sticking with the plan really will work. You can do it!:carrot:

Kim_Star060404
03-10-2008, 08:11 AM
Wow! Lots of chatter this fine Monday morning!

Cottage: What a nice surprise for Audrey (and what a great break for you, too!) Thanks for getting the chat and the coffee going! :coffee:

Loriann: :hug: Sorry about the furbaby troubles. I hope the vet is able to figure it all out. I agree about the funerals - quite a lot for you to go through when your son can go himself. Too bad they are like that, I'm sure your son hates to see them treat you that way!

tk: Glad you had a better weekend with DH. I'm hoping that things will continue to improve for you two! It must be so sad watching those puppies go! (But I'm sure it's a bit of a relief as well!) Have a good day!

Cyndi: I am looking forward to evening walks again as well. Especially now that I'm on P1 - easy workouts are in order. BIG :bravo: to you for surpassing your goal! I'm sure you'll keep your head in maintenance and not gain. Just remember how terrible you felt at your heaviest. (I plan on laminating a picture to keep with me at all times to keep me from reverting back to my old ways - just got to get there!!)

Me: Well, I decided yesterday morning that I would do P1. I've been off my meds for about 3 weeks and decided that the time was right. Thank goodness we keep the fridge well-stocked with eggs, turkey bacon, salad and V8!! I was able to do a decent day 1 and will be grocery shopping at lunch to get the rest of the P1 foods I love. I also have to tone down my workouts for the next 14 days, so it was just a mile this morning and a nice after-dinner walk tonight. I'll probably introduce some weight-training since that's a good no-cardio option. This morning I did the mile with weights and could really tell that my body was already in P1 mode.

Well, better hit the shower. I'll be out inspecting today, which isn't my favorite part of my job, but it should only be a morning event. Hope it's not too windy!

~Kim

Schmoodle
03-10-2008, 08:51 AM
G'morning chicks, yawn. DD1 had me up most of the night. She was supposed to fly home last night from Arizona, but when she got to the airport, they told her that her e-ticket had been converted to a paper ticket, and she couldn't check in without the ticket, even though she had a ticket number and a record locater. Bunch of cr*p, if you ask me, I travel all the time and I didn't know anybody required paper tickets anymore. Anyway, she flew out on Delta and was supposed to come home USAIR, so they kept bouncing her across the airport between counters, and of course she missed her flight. They finally re-booked her (with me on the phone screaming at them) to fly out today, so she went to check into a hotel, found it was $300 and decided to call a cab instead and go back to her friend's dorm room. The cab took an hour to come, and I stayed on the phone with her until they did, since she was standing in a parking lot in the middle of Phoenix in the middle of the night alone. again. I didn't get back to bed until after 4AM... I swear if that kid didn't have bad luck, she wouldn't have any. Here's hoping they let her get on a plane today!
So, cruddy way to start the week! I am tired and cranky, and so are the kids because the phone kept ringing last night. I've got a telecon shortly, hope I can stay awake for it, I just want to go back to bed!

I will come back and do hellos later when I am in a better mood.

Kara, it was sweet that you were thinking about DS and his horseback riding yesterday. It's a little thing, but it made me so happy because he was so pleased and proud of himself. And he doesn't get those moments often enough.

jandaman
03-10-2008, 09:03 AM
hi everyone!

i'm a newbie here at 3FC -have made a few postings here and there but decided it is finally time to introduce myself and join the daily chat ;) and get to know all of you!
my name's jan and i am an expat living in germany where i teach english and am working on my master's thesis. i really appreciate this forum and all the support you lovely ladies offer..makes it so much easier to stick with the program!
it's already early afternoon here so i am off to prepare my lesson plans before i head off to my adult education classes! so :carrot:have a great rest of your day

GONNABE165
03-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Good Monday morning!

We had a great time in Atlanta. My mom really enjoyed it. We went to the Aquarium and the Coca Cola place, had lunch at ESPN and dinner was at Ray's in th city. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency which was very nice. On Sunday we had breakfast at the hotel and then went to visit the Martin Luther King are andtour all of that. We ran into snow on the way up which was awesome and made the trip even better being as we haven't seen snow in Jacksonville since 1989. GH & I definetly want to go back as there was so much we wanted to do but time was limited and the weather was very cold & windy.

Back to the bump & grind today.

:congrat: Cyndi on beating your goal

Schmoodle sorry for all your daughter went through is she back where she needs to be today? Thank God for moms!

GONNABE165
03-10-2008, 09:09 AM
Hi Jan and welcome to the South Beach daily thread we are glad you joined us. Let us know if we can answer any questions.

FluffyK
03-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Loriann - it sounds like the thing to do, letting your son take care of his own family matters.

Kara - what's the countdown? Did you hear from Tom yet?

Cyndi - want to come work on my storage area? I have four kids' worth of "stored" clothes to sort through, and I've neglected it for a LONG time. Everything is all mixed up. I love freecycle, too. Congratulations on reaching your goal. I can't WAIT for that to happen. I'm finally thinking WHEN, not IF!

TK - sickness is one of the things that really sabotages my diet plans as well. My kids are starting to get colds, I think - I hope that's not going to do too much damage!

Kim - great job on your first day!

Schmoodle - ugh. what a weekend! I hope you get that nap afterall. Sometimes when I need one, I keep thinking "After I do this..." and it never happens.

Jandaman - Hello! We chatted a little in another area. Glad to see you here.

I didn't sleep well last night either. I have food "sensitivies" to some preservatives, and they make me jumpy/insomniac... Then the next morning they make me feel YUCKY. Kids are sneezy and plugged up, and my head's feeling a little fuzzy. Could be the lack of sleep, might be a cold? Hope not. Just a regular day of cleaning and such. Hope everyone's getting caught up on that sleep.

Ruthxxx
03-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Loriann, my thoughts will be with you this weekend. I know very well how hard it is to make pet decisions like that but you do feel a sense of relief afterwards and know you've done the right thing.

Cottage, how great that you are getting a long weekend. Wanna drive up here and see some real winter? :lol:

TKG, the hardest thing for me when I was in the breeding business was letting the puppies go to their new homes but I knew they had to go. I always wanted to keep at least one from each litter but I'd be up to a dozen dogs by now. Time to harden your heart.

CindyM, :cheer: on being past your goal. Are you planning on resetting it? I have no idea what folks should weigh these days and usually go by BMI. Good work on clearing out the storage area - I'm still struggling with my sewingroom purge. :shrug:

Kim, sounds like you are definitely ready to get back into Phase I. "Myrtle Beach, here she comes!"

Schmoodle, what a frightening and frustrating night you had! I hope you can work in a mid-day nap and change your mood. We DO need sleep!

Jandaman, :welcome: to the Daily! I feel we know you already from reading your other posts. This is a great group of ladies - well, most of us are ladies but I believe there are exceptions. (Points to self!)

Gonna, the trip to Atlanta sounds like just what y'all needed. What the heck is ESPN? Now if you wanted snow, I sure could have sent you some.

Fluffy, how about some herb tea, lots of water and veggies and maybe an afternoon nap? You might be able to head off the sickies before they get entrenched.

Sorry about the tired Chickies and incipient sickies this morning. I think the time change screws us up. It's recommended that we spend extra time in the sunshine to help adjust to DST.

I just called my "baby" brother to wish him Happy Birthday this morning. I must be really old when my baby brother is mid 60's! It was good timing as a friend of his died this weekend and he was feeling very old and decrepit. He will be here for a visit in three weeks when he has an Ottawa engagement - it'll be great to catch up.

OMG! It's after ten and I'm still in my robe! Hershey is quite disgusted - although she is still in her robe too. Time to get my day cranked up.

SAnativegirl
03-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Hey Everyone- i'm back and starting Phase 1 again.
Work still shaky, dont know how long this place will
be open, sometimes our checks are 2 weeks late!!!
Applied for many jobs but the few interviews I've
been on pay half what I'm making! Very frustrating.
Hsve another interview today-told work i had to
take brother to doc. Hope all has a good day-rainy here
in South Texas.

tkglenn
03-10-2008, 10:01 AM
SA-its raining? not here in houston, just alittle cool. maybe its coming the way

mommamurray
03-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Good Morning Everyone.
I too am new here at 3FC. I love this site! I knew all along I was not the only one going thru this, but now I dont feel so isolated. My daughter and I have both changed our WOL this year. She is counting calories and I am doing South Beach. She lives in South Carolina and my younger kids and I will be going to see her in two weeks and we have not seen each other since Jan. I am hoping we can both see a difference in each other. I seemed to have stalled a bit, but also added exercise in two weeks ago so hoping that soon I will be losing again.
anyway nice to meet you all.
Tracy

Barb0522
03-10-2008, 10:36 AM
tk - It's a rainy day in the Dallas area. But they say we may get to 80 later this week which is fine with me.

I'm going to take Brian to gymnastics tonight so he'll have more time with his Dad on Wed. That's assuming I get out of work early enough.

Robert refuses to close the gas account so I can get it in my name even though we both know the house is going to me. He wants them to change it to my name but the only way they do that is when they close/open accounts. Since they changed the address on the account to his PO box, I'm just going to have to set it up for auto pay to make sure the bills get paid on time. I swear he is purposely doing things to make them as hard as possible for me. Now he wants to set up a storage POD in the bad driveway but that would block my access to the garage so I am not going to allow that.

He keeps saying that "reasonable people don't get divorced". He seems to think he is reasonable but I personally don't agree.

mommamurray
03-10-2008, 10:42 AM
Barb
When I got divorced my ex gave me no support. Its seemed like he wanted to do everything he could to make it hard on me. But I made it! I struggle still, but its still a better life. Good luck to ya, it should get easier as time goes by.
Tracy

tomandkara
03-10-2008, 11:12 AM
TOM'S IN CALIFORNIA! :woohoo:

Linda, hope you got your day started!

Loriann, good luck with your cats' appointments!

Tawnya, you're BEAUTIFUL! Glad to hear your husband is deciding to try to work on his issues.

Hi Cyndi! You go with all that exercise!

Kim, good for you taking Phase 1 by the horns! Good luck!

Schmoodle, I'm so sorry to hear about the nonsense with your daughter's flight. Sometimes they lose the forest for the trees down at the airports!

Jan, welcome to the chat! We're moving to Germany in a couple months - near Ramstein Air Base! We'll have to start a European 3FC South Beach contingent!

Gonna, glad you had a nice vacation!

Krystal, what a great excuse to cut out all those preservatives from your diet! I wouldn't want to feel that way. Hope you are doing better as the day goes on!

Ruth, I want to know what Hershey's robe looks like!!!

SA, good luck at your interview!

Welcome, Tracy! It's so fun to have new friends!

Barbara, I think we ALL agree that Robert is not reasonable! Even his friend (Mike?) agreed!

I just finished my breakfast here at 11:18 in the morning. We're still getting adjusted I guess! Connor's in the kitchen NOT doing his work and I am avoiding dealing with him because he is frustrating me right now. I should really just go tackle him.

Off to pig pile the six year old...

Kara

GONNABE165
03-10-2008, 11:22 AM
Kara glad to hear Tom is making it closer to you. Good luck with Commor

Welcome Tracy glad you joined us

I've been battling hiccups for sometime now this morning & nothing seems to be helping.

KayL17
03-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Hello everyone

I'm new to the chat also. Hoping to catch up and get to know you.

I was religiously in the Phase I thread for two weeks. One week of Phase two and off to Texas. It may be rainy there Ladies but I have ice in my front yard :)

Although we stayed in a hotel, our friends made my diet more than a little tough. Plans I thought were in place weren't. They like to eat twice a day, I had to get oinky to get to eat lunch. My blood sugar jumped up and down like the stock market. But I am home now!

There are a few clouds covering the sun, but it might come out! The pooch is very happy I am home, the cats seem ignore me, there way of giving me a welcome home. The time change messed with us to, and then the change from Texas time to winter time :) But I am up now. I am awake, I really am! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Kay

pamatga
03-10-2008, 12:35 PM
I am up early but I usually IM a couple of friends first thing in the morning.

I can understand how it feels when things are constantly changing, Kara. There is someone else here who is living in Germany who just posted on here. Maybe, you can connect with her when you move.

Hello everyone else. I am still working with my sister, Dad and an neverending team of nurses and doctors, discussing and making decisions regarding my critically ill Mom. Last week it was about "power of attorney" and I am sure next week it will be something different. My sister was defensive this morning because she makes rash decisions that upset my Dad and then I end up having to deal with both of them. Family life, right?

I am sorry to hear Barb about how your divorce is going. It is not a nice thing. I have been there. I hope you do what is best for yourself and your son. That is always the bottom line.

My wrist is swollen today, arthritis, so I am typing with pain. Ouch!

Have a good day everyone and early tomorrow! :hug:

mommamurray
03-10-2008, 12:54 PM
I need some advise on something. I joined a walk club at lunch here at work. My problem seems to be my shins. Any one know any warm ups for that particular area? I also bought some inserts that are arch supports.. I used those today, but they still bothered for at least half the walk.
thanks

FluffyK
03-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Geez, Kara - one would think you're excited with all the exclamation points in your post! :lol2: I hs'd DS10 until January, then I felt it was best for all of us for him to go to regular school. We moved all of them to a new school and it's going well. I really don't miss homeschooling at all. DS liked to push all my buttons... It served its purpose, as we worked on the myriad of things he needed one-on-one with. Now I've got him in a catholic school I love, and things are great. It would be very hard moving around like you guys do, though!

GB - BOO!

Kay - I would be crabby if someone didn't feed me about every 3 hours. Two meals a day? You'd have to remove all sharp objects and blunt weapons from my reach.

I think this head thing is going to go away. I feel better - must have just been nighttime congestion.

Off to do some more cleaning, or crocheting. Whichever I feel like.

FluffyK
03-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Murray - it sounds a little like shin splints. I think you might want to get some of those inserts that have shock support, and I believe that ice might help a few times a day. You can try just stretching your foot by pointing it. It's an awkward place to stretch!

Pacergal29
03-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Thought I would drop in, I have been dealing with some serious insomnia for about a week now and it is making me so darn cranky so I have just stayed away. Sorry, no time for personals as my lunch was over 20 minutes ago. Have a great rest of the day chicks and may we ALL get some sleep tonight. :tired:

Schmoodle
03-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Hi chicks, I'm in a better frame of mind now. double coffee kicked in, telecon over, and DD called to say she was all checked in and headed for the gate, so barring any unforeseen complications in Cincinnati, I expect she'll be here tonight. Even though I'm tired, I decided to challenge myself with the 3mi WATP before lunch. I am proud that I'm making good progress on the March exercise challenge. those of you that have been around for a while may have noticed that I am a habitual dropout. I think I only tracked an made my goal once last year. Now that my belly is full, I'm feeling sleepy, but no nap is in the cards for me. DH is asleep on the couch, but he's got to make the run to the airport tonight, so I'm glad he's getting a nap. I'll make it early bed for me tonight. So, on to proper hellos:

LoriAnn, poor kitties :( I had to put one of our old kitties down. It was so sad, I just sat in the car and bawled. Comfort yourself that they've had a good life with you. :hug:
cottage, hope the girls have a great time in Disney. I'm sure you're looking forward to your mini-vacation! It's been a few years since I took the kids down there, I guess I should think about doing that again one of these days. DH can't stand theme parks, particularly Disney, so that's a trip I usually take when he's away, just with the kids, or with some friends.
tk, I love your new avatar pic!
Cyndi, congrats on goal!:carrot: What is freecycle? I don't think anyone comes to the house around here to pick up. Where I used to live, purple hearts and salvation army used to come around and that was very handy. Just before we moved, I completely filled two of their little trucks.
Gonna, glad you had such a nice trip! And BOO!!! again.
Fluff, hope you get your nap.
Ruth, happy birthday to baby bro! And I for one would love to see a picture of Hershey in her robe.
SA, good luck with the job hunt.
Greetings to jandaman, Tracy, and Kay!!! It's great to see new chicks on the beach!
Barb, sounds like Robert is still harboring hopes that you guys can work things out. You'd think he'd have gotten it by now. Hope he can accept soon and let you guys move on.
Kara, go easy on Connor, he's probably very excited that he'll be seeing his Dad soon!
Pam, hope you can resolve the family issues peacefully. Sorry your arthritis is acting up.:hug:
Steph, we sure are a bunch of tired chicks today. Hopefully we all will get a good night's sleep tonight!

Ruthxxx
03-10-2008, 02:00 PM
You know, I was going to go cold turkey with no nap today but Hershey (still in her furry black robe) just headed upstairs so I'm going to join her. Otherwise, she gets on the bed and makes a dog next using ALL of the Irish mohair nap blanket.
My excuse is that I'm still convalescing - so there!

GONNABE165
03-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Thanks for all the help with the hiccups - they seem to keep comeing and going

Schmoodle glad to hear all is well with your daughter

beachgal
03-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Oh my goodness, Chicks...it's been busier than the mall at Christmas around here today! :eek:

Sorry that there's no time for personals...hope everyone is doing well, staying warm, and didn't have any bad after effects of the storms over the weekend. Every surface had a thick coating of ice here, come Sunday morning. It was sunny and the ice was so sparkly...it was a beautiful sight, but hardly a safe one--between the ice chunks falling from above and the areas that lost power, there was a lot of damage.

Have a good day, Chickies! :wave:

beachgal
03-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Barb, I just have to take the time to say that "reasonable" people don't hit their spouses either. And, IMHO, reasonable people make every effort to help support their family and help around the house. :shrug: I'm sorry Robert is making this so hard. :hug: I can't believe there is no legal recourse or way out of it with the gas company. Can they put it in his name alone? Since the address is his PO box, can you get a new account with your address?

Barb0522
03-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Laurie - The natural gas bill is in his name alone but with the home address as the service address and the PO box as the mailing address. I would just stop paying it but if I don't pay it then Brian and I don't have hot water or heat which isn't good. I think he will switch it over when the divorce is final and the house gets switched into my name but until then, I'm just going to have to pay online. He won't even tell me how much money I owe for the social study. He has the paper and I don't and he paid his share (which was small because he has no income). I finally got my lawyer on the phone this morning and he says my share is around $900 but he wasn't in the office so I've got to wait for him to call me back this afternoon. Robert has the exact amount but won't give it to me and then tells me it was due last week.

It doesn't make me want to help him any more than I need to but I do want his stuff out of the house so I will cooperate. And I want him to see Brian but I don't want to see him any more than I have to. I've been nice and paying his medical bills (to be deducted for the money I'll owe him at settlement) but I'm going to stop doing extra stuff where I can.

tkglenn
03-10-2008, 02:45 PM
kara-thanks!!!!

tkglenn
03-10-2008, 02:47 PM
shmoodle-thanks to you too!!!!

tomandkara
03-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Stephanie, I hope you get some decent zzzs tonight! Have you tried yoga before bed?

Tracy, make sure you're stretching your calf muscles after a work out. Don't bother before because the muscle is not warm before you work out so stretching can be dangerous at that point. You can do the typical "hold up the wall" stretch and that's very effective (place your hands at about shoulder height on a wall, step back with one straight leg and make sure your toes are pointing forward to the wall, keep your other leg bent in front of the straight leg). Maintain stretches for at least thirty seconds each. You can also bend your back leg in this stretch to get your achilles tendon. To directly stretch your shins, sit on the floor with your feet tucked under you (like you were kneeling and then sat on your haunches). Lean back onto your hands and lift your knees, leaving your pointed feet on the floor. You can play with the position of your feet to stretch the different areas of your shins. Rest and ice will fix the swelling that is there now, and stretching after your work outs should prevent the problem in the future.

Krystal, we're pretty much "stuck" homeschooling because of all the moving we do. I actually really enjoy it, as I'm a teacher by training but left the classroom when Connor was born. Connor is very advanced for his age and it would be hard to find a school that could challenge him.

Pam, I hope your wrist feels better soon!

Kay, I agree...twice a day is NOT enough times to eat! I would've been a disaster! Welcome to the chat!

Hi, Laurie!

Schmoodle, I think Connor gets in funks like the rest of us. I didn't really tackle him. Usually, I just let him work out the grumpies and then go sit with him and figure out what the "real" problem is. Today he feels like he shouldn't have to write in cursive. He's as moody as a teenage girl sometimes! Luckily, he's on math now, so no more cursive for the day.

Kara

tomandkara
03-10-2008, 06:41 PM
TOM JUST CALLED AND HE GOT HIS FLIGHT MOVED TO TOMORROW! They finished packing up all the stuff today so he's leaving tomorrow morning!!! He'll be here around 8:30 at night. OH MY WORD!

Kara

Kim_Star060404
03-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Yay, Kara!! :carrot: :broc:

i ate my skinny me
03-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Congrats Kara!!!

Schmoodle
03-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Kara Hooray!
Hope you can sleep tonight!

Chicks I made something yummy for dinner that was quick and easy. DH loved it and the kids ate it really well too. It came out very moist and tender. I posted it in the recipes - Pork Diane. I love finding keepers!:D I also made mashed rutabagas which I've never made before and they were great too. DH used to make me Steak Diane when we first started dating, ya know, to impress me with his skills lol.

tomandkara
03-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Who's Diane?

tomandkara
03-10-2008, 08:23 PM
:lol:

cottagebythesea
03-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Kara, what a wonderful surprise! I'll bet you and the kids are soooo excited! :)

FluffyK
03-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Well, we won't be seeing much of Kara for a while... ;) :lol:

Feeling funky again. Gonna go take my supplements and head to bed.

tomandkara
03-10-2008, 09:26 PM
:lol: Remember, we do have three kids. So we'll have to contain ourselves during the day.

Kara

Schmoodle
03-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Yeah, plus you're in your in-laws' house right? Ick. Are you in Tom's boyhood bedroom?:lol: