Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2002, 11:29 AM   #1  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Default The Unofficially Official 20-Somethings Thread

Hello 20-somethings!

I noticed that there was no official thread for all the 20-somethings to post on, so I created one. Let's all introduce ourselves so that we can support one another through our weight-loss struggles and applaud one another when we reach our goals!
Old 02-21-2002, 01:33 PM   #2  

Talking Hi

Hi all,

Now that there's an official thread (unofficially - thanks Grace ), we can all post and get great support.

Well, let me introduce myself. My name is Christina. I am 22 years old, married mother of one, and a college student.

My first goal is to be under 200 pounds by July 4th. I KNOW I can do it, especially with the support of others in the same boat.

Well, good luck everyone, and I can't wait to hear from you!!!

Christina
Old 02-22-2002, 10:43 AM   #3  

Smile I'M in!!

Well, I'm 26 years old, married to the best person I have ever met. I am the mother of the cutest boys ages 7 and 3. I've been on Jenny Craig since Nov. and I am very proud to say that I've lost 23 pounds. I'm currently at 204 and am sooooo anxious to be under 200 pounds. I started to work out 2 weeks ago with "walk aerobic" I hope to see some results soon.

Wonderful meeting you all...WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

Bye for now...Check in on you guys later

Till then...be good.. and God Bless

Sandra
Old 02-22-2002, 12:39 PM   #4  
Determined to succeed.

Default Hello!

Hi ladies,

Good to meet you! Well, let me tell you a bit about myself.. I'm 19 and married to a wonderful, loving, caring man since January 13, 2002.. We just celebrated our one month anniversary before Valentine's Day. I've lost 37 pounds, and have 53 more to go! I don't have any kids, and I also don't plan on having kids just yet because I know I'm not ready to take on that responsibility.

One of my biggest (and possibly one of the most vain) goals right now is to look and dress my age, whether it be wearing slim fitting dresses, low rise jeans, or getting a super short haircut - just for fun. I've always felt deprived of that simple pleasure, and I really would like to know what it feels like before I get too old.

I'm following the Weight Watchers at home plan, and jog/walking daily, Monday thru Friday. I also try to drink anwhere from 12-16 glasses of water, so needless to say, I pee a LOT.

That's probably more than you cared to know, but I didn't want to miss any details!

Until next time,
Gracie
Old 02-23-2002, 12:10 PM   #5  

Default Weigh in

Hi all,

Today is weigh in day for me, and I am happy to report a 1.5 pound loss!! I am so excited!! That's 24 pounds gone forever!!

I just joined an Easter challenge - 10 pounds by Easter. Wish me luck!!

Well, I am babysitting my husband's 3 cousins so their parents can go to a Creed concert tonight, so I'd better go and get dressed. Can't wait to hear about everyone's week!!

Christina
Old 02-23-2002, 01:52 PM   #6  

Good Morning Lady's

Hi, I'm from Alberta and am 25 yrs old, I have a 4yr old son and recently got engaged to the man I've been with for the last 6 yrs, it's about time he popped the question.

I've been thinking about starting a 20 something thread glad you did. I have alot of weight to lose 180 lbs and have started my new healthy lifestyle on Feb 11, 2002, I lost 6lbs last week and hope to do just as good this week.

TOM visisted so it might affect my weight, don't know will have to see, weigh in day is on Monday for me.

I've tried every kind of diet out there, so I'm not dieting anymore,
I'm just making better choices and trying to excersise, I want to be able to do this for the rest of my life and if I restrict myself from certain things, I will lose it and have a huge binge session, so I'm choosing healthier foods and smaller portions, and sweet here and there.

I (we) will lose this burden.
Old 02-24-2002, 08:43 PM   #7  

Hi ya'll, my name is Elizabeth and this is my first post on the thread, so I will tell a little about myself. I am 22 and a college student who has fallen into the depths of late night eating, and eating junk food 24/7. It is horrible! I just discovered this site today and am so excited about it. I didn't know such places existed. I think that this will be a great place for us all to come and post exciting things that have happened to us during the week. I am not sure yet what my goal is, I am going to be weighing tomorrow and am not looking forward to it. Well, good luck to you all and talk to you later.
Old 02-25-2002, 10:32 AM   #8  

Good morning

I'm happy to announce another 5lbs loss, last week, that's a total of 11lbs in two weeks. I pray I can keep this up, with out this site I'm sure I'd be shoving food in my face instead of typing and reading, it really keep me preoccupied. I give all the praise to the other lady's on this site, there the ones that keep me going on a daily basis.

Hope everyone's doing great, just remember nothing tastes as good as being thin feels, I can't wait to go shopping at regular size stores. Wear a pair of Tommy Jeans or even get my belly button peirced, that's along ways off, but it's going to happen.

I joined the Easter Challenge and my goal is to lose 20lbs by April 1st(that's also my birthday).

Talk to ya later
Old 02-25-2002, 11:39 AM   #9  
Determined to succeed.

Default Morning Girls!

How is everyone?? Sounds like we have a new group here! I'm very excited. I need all the support I can get!!

Duckie~ I know exactly how you feel about dressing our age and such. I feel that the more I weigh, the older I tend to dress. I am just dying to wear cute summer dresses with a built in bra or a two-piece bathing suit, whether it be a tankini or a bikini... maybe I'll start with the tankini and in a year or two when my abs are super toned, I could advance..

Well, as far as challenges go, I'm challenging myself to lose about 10 pounds by the start of spring. I know I can do it if I stay within my points range and continue jog/walking daily (I am very slowly training myself to jog).

Anyway, better get going. I'm meeting my jogging buddy in a few...

~Gracie
Old 02-26-2002, 12:45 AM   #10  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Hey. I'm new here too... I'm a 21 year old college student, and decided to join today. I decided two weeks ago to take charge of my life and my weight and started working out almost every day (I only missed last Saturday). And I'm REALLY trying to watch what I eat, but it's so hard! But I know I can do it this time, because I'm just sick of being fat But it's nice to know that there's so many people like me that are making the same decision as I am and struggling like me So thanks for all the honesty on these boards -- it's really refreshing. Wish me luck on my "journey" -- it WILL happen this time.
Old 02-26-2002, 06:02 PM   #11  
Determined to succeed.

Default Hello!

Welcome to our group! A piece of advice: It takes 21 days to form a habit, then just 1 day after that to pick it back up again. Try surfing the web for articles and success stories. Here are some of my favorites: http://www.getting2goal.com, http://healthygurl2001.homestead.com/homepage.html , and http://vickisweightlossjourney.homes.../mainpage.html ... These websites all have some really inspiring pictures and are all regularly updated..

Well, until next time... keep posting and checking regularly, because I guess we're not getting updates for a while.

Take care,
Gracie
Old 02-27-2002, 11:36 AM   #12  
Losin It For GOOD!

Default I'll join in too!

I'm 24 years old, just started my own (not paying!) Weight Watchers plan at home. I've tried weight watchers 3-4 times, but never succeeded, because I just didn't have the internal motivation to do it. After stepping on the scale at my parents last thursday and finding I weighed 297 lbs (a whole 50 lbs more than my previous "worst" weight of 250!!!) I suddenly found the internal motivation. I'm tired of having this big belly... I'm tired of being so out of shape, and tired of looking and feeling like this!! so here goes nothing!!!

I've already seen the weight "fall" off.. in a little less than a week, I've already lost 8 lbs!! so hooray!!

I'm married to a very supportive husband (we were married this past July), who also has the metabolism of a horse, and "lives" at the gym. I'm tired of being "that fat girl married to that really hot guy!" He's been SO good about eating the same food as me, and trying to avoid eating "junk" food when I'm around.. I'm really lucky to have him!!

I look forward to getting to know all of you better!!
Old 02-28-2002, 05:42 PM   #13  

Default the last fifteen

well i hope you all feel good about the starts you have made. excersise and water are great and help. the best thing to remeber and what helped me was knowing that you didnt get there over night and it wont come off over night. that will get you throught he hard times. i suppose i could listen to my own advise. i had reached 9 lbs above my goal as on 2 years ago, and slowly, i am back to 17 away. i need some help to get the rest of the way. i have been so "good" yet, no luck yet. i lam new to this site, and have heard wonderful things about online support, and make sure that i have started a food journal. all the right things. i am confident we can all do this together.

i am 27 and single no children. can say that the weight isnt an issue on how i feel about myself. i will check in later.

carol
Old 03-01-2002, 01:58 PM   #14  
Determined to succeed.

Default Hey Girls,

Just checking up to see how things are going. I'm doing great! Lost 4 pounds at WI yesterday and I'm thrilled! Well, keep up the good work ladies.

I think that everyone should post more than once for this to be a group! Don't wait for everyone else to post! Just check in every so often so we all know how everyone's doing.

Well, I hope to see more posts soon!

~Gracie
Old 03-01-2002, 04:34 PM   #15  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Point taken Gracie Congratulations on your weigh in!

I was doing a lot better last week... It snowed this week so I missed Tuesday working out, and I went to Red Lobster last night -- It was so good, but I ate too much. And today I am craving everything I see (or think about). It doesn't help that I've had three tests this week and an interview! I only have four classes -- three tests. It's been crazy. I've been studying like a madwoman. Oh, well, hopefully the grades will be good. I have made it to work out the rest of the days, though, so that's on my side. I'll do better next week
Closed Thread