Old 02-13-2008, 01:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/350/170

Height: 5'9"

Default do you have to add points for exercising?

i'm doing ww on my own at home (i have the materials from a previous ww attempt). i am getting ready to begin the exercise part of my new lifestyle. i know that you earn points for exercise, but do you have to use them to still lose weight? i know that if you don't use your daily points you don't lose weight like you could, but when you earn them from exercising do you have to use them too?
jmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:13 PM   #2  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

In my opinion - it probably depends on how much exercise you are doing... If you find yourself workout intensely for 2 hours everyday, you are going to NEED to eat more... But in the few times a week that I do exercise, I don't usually bother adding extra points. But if I go a point or two over on those days, I don't agonize. You could always just eat an extra serving of veggies? That way you are getting more nutrition, but no added points!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:31 PM   #3  

I dont eat my AP, I eat my weekly flex points (or most of them). One week I did eat everything all my AP's and flex points and I did not lose, but it was also TOM, so who knows. If you can eat them and lose, then eat them!
caitbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:46 PM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

You are not required to eat them, but if you can do so and still lose weight I say go for it If you find that you are not eating them and not losing weight, I would start eating some of them to see if it helps.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:15 PM   #5  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Cait and Mod are 100% right, you don't have to, but if you can eat them you should. As you lose weight you will lose daily points and if you're anything like me, you will miss them

I eat everything I get!

I find that if I truly keep track of what I eat, write it down, figure it out, weigh and measure whenever I can, the benefits of truly tracking far outweighs the cost of a couple of extra points. Tracking also helps me to not go for another whatever, because I'm usually out of DPs, APs and into my FPs.

Also, I think drinking enough water is a huge part of being successful as well. If you keep your body working the way it's supposed to, it'll burn those extra pts.

One more thing, then I'm done, over time you'll find that you have weeks where it's easier not to use those extra pts. and weeks that you need them, plus a couple. Those weeks balance out over the long haul, over the course of a year or six months, you will lose.

Best of luck
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote