South Beach Diet - It's Thursday on the Beach!

View Full Version : It's Thursday on the Beach!

cottagebythesea
01-31-2008, 06:18 AM
Okay, sleepychickies, time to wake up! :coffee2:

I'm looking at a long day ahead with a sick child. When I picked up Maggie yesterday from school, she had a fever. :( I guess it was inevidible that she'd get it from her sister. I'll have to find a good movie for us to watch and take my book with me.

In other news, my scale hasn't budged in 2 weeks. :mad: It's so weird though, my clothes are getting looser, where are those pounds going? That's why I hate scales, they're so unreliable! :club:

How's everyone's day shaping up?

tomandkara
01-31-2008, 06:32 AM
"In other news..." Linda, you're funny. Sorry about the scale monster visiting your house. I think mine finally moved when I whined a lot. Must've burned up extra calories or something! Try it - we're all ears!

Busy, busy, busy for us today. I'm just now sitting down for dinner at 8:31. I ate lunch while everyone else was eating dinner...I'm a little behind today. I did get in two great workouts and got in a spectacular number of minutes this month, so hopefully it'll pay off when I weigh in tomorrow for my monthly number. We shall see!

Time to put the kiddos to bed. Be back later!

Kara

THINBYJUNE
01-31-2008, 07:21 AM
Good Morning Cottage
Good Evening Kara
And :wave: everyone else who will stop be here later. It's been completely hectic in my world. I somehow always forget that when my boss leaves I'm in charge and that's alot of work. Funny cause I don't think he does all that much when he's around;) I'm off to work out. My eating has been awful so I have to do something. Have a great day.

tomandkara
01-31-2008, 07:24 AM
Post your menu in the daily menu thread, Dawn. That keeps me accountable. I don't know why, but it does! Have fun with your workout!

Kara

pamatga
01-31-2008, 07:27 AM
and I don't mean my heart. As I have said before, honesty is the best policy even when it sucks!

I had to adjust my ticker "up" this morning. Yes, I went off the beach. I strayed this past weekend. I had been feeling guilty about 3/4ths of our groceries being my "diet food" even though my DH has been so supportive through this all and I said let's go ahead and buy "fudge fixins'" and we'll have my Mom's homemade fudge. I KNEW that if it was in the house I'd be eating it. :nono:

I am glad that this is the last day of this month. The New Year has really started out poopy. Aren't I heavy duty cusser? LOL

My Mom is in critical care 986 miles away after cancer surgery that went terribly wrong, I have been struggling to pay bills and I am 2 weeks behind on everything and I figure that I may lose weight this coming week without even trying because I won't be able to AFFORD TO EAT LOL and "the more things change the more they remain the same". Boo hoo :cry:

Well, today is a new day and I am glad it is one day closer to Friday which is one day closer to Saturday--which has become my favorite day of the week!!

"Cottage...", Hope the kids aren't too sick, DH is getting over his bad cold, and I am so glad I got my flu shot this year because when I get sick, I "get sick".

Glad to hear from you, "tomand..." keep on running on that ticker, we're rooting for ya!:carrot:

For the rest of you early birds, have a good day. I'm done "whining" so now I'll make my turkey bacon and oatmeal (I'm out of eggs) and start my day with a resolve to "get 'er done!" LOL

cottagebythesea
01-31-2008, 07:35 AM
Awww, Pamatga, I'm so sorry you're going through such a stressful time. I think you could use an extra big hug, I hope it cheers your day. :hug: :grouphug: :hug: I'm keeping your mother in my prayers and hope things start looking up for all of you.

femmecreole
01-31-2008, 08:37 AM
Pamatga, my heart is really with you right now. I know what it is to have a very ill parent so far away and wishing you could be there.

Nothing special going on here today. I just had a yummy "eggs Sardou" breakfast...will post the recipe later when I have time...gotta dash off to school now.

I started the fluidity bar workout this morning..the beginner is only 15 minutes and a I love it (so far). I don't like "jumping around" stuff and this was very relaxing and I can really feel it. (I see pain coming tomorrow morning!)

My Mom was out shopping with my sister and my cousin and aunt the other day while I was at work and saw a pair of fluer de lis flip flops she thought I would love, so we are going to go back to the store (if we can find it) this afternoon and get a pair for me and a pair to send to my daughter.

Cottage, hope your baby girl is better fast and hope everyone else has a great (or better!) day.

hugs,

Pacergal29
01-31-2008, 08:51 AM
I am treating today like Friday, we are supposed to get ice and snow tonight with a total of about 6-9 inches. That amount of snow will shut things down here is southern Indiana! :crossed: Yes I am lobbying for a snow day! So I am spending the day preparing for not being here tomorrow!

Cottage Hope Maggie gets over this quick!

Kara Two workouts in one day??? You Rock!

Dawn Hope you have a calm day!

pamatga :hug: to you during this difficult time, like cat I know how it is to be so far and away during a serious illness.

Cat glad you are enjoying your new "toy".

Have a great day girls and :dust: for all!

GONNABE165
01-31-2008, 08:53 AM
I can't believe it is already Thursday - where has the week gone?

Cottage :club:wheres that darn scale of yours Hope Maggie gets to feeling better real soon

Kara my :crossed: for a good scale reading :goodscale

Dawn you'll get back on track.

Pam sorry to hear about your mom and all that you are going through :hug: Thoughts an prayers your way

Cat glad to hear you like your new workout - that helps with sticking with it. Shoes where I love shoes - Good luck on finding those shoes.

Me - The comedy show lastnight was great and boy did it feel good to go out again. Tonight we are going to the sushi house to celebrate my aunts birthday - I love sushi!

:dust: for all who need or for those who don't know they need it just yet

GONNABE165
01-31-2008, 08:54 AM
Morning Stephanie sorry I missed ya. Hope you are safe it that crazy weather - keep warm.

tkglenn
01-31-2008, 08:59 AM
good morning all, nothing much going on. still haven't found a weight loss plan to follow. i'm really struggling on it. i wanted to do The Biggest Loser but they already started and once they start, no one can join. i'm not one for veggies either. what is SBD like? i've heard good things about it.

everyone----have a good day

pamatga
01-31-2008, 09:04 AM
well, I have always said that if God didn't exist I would have "invented" Him(her?)

My DH and I pray a Rosary every night after supper and before we settle down to watch tv. It helps to know that even when we can't explain why things happen, we do know that there are those who care we are going through what we are going through.

Bless you all, ladies, and have a good day. I am so hoping February is a better month than this past one has been.

I'm hoping I can "drop off" another 8 lbs by the 29th ---one extra dieting day---WOO HOO!! I just so need to get out of this loop I am in. Back and forth the same 4 lbs. Grrrr....:devil:

All the best, have a good and remaining January day:hug:

HistoryChick
01-31-2008, 09:39 AM
Good morning ladies!:coffee:

Well I have to admit I too fell off the beach this weekend:o However, amazingly I managed to lose a lb:D I close at work tonight and DH has an interview today for another job. So I'm crossing my fingers for him, he really wants it.:) We both have tomorrow off so we'll be cleaning the apt. I hope everyone has a wonderful day, I'm going to go enjoy my breakfast...scrambled eggs with cheese and black beans

tomandkara
01-31-2008, 09:48 AM
Aw, Pam, we're here if you ever need to vent. Hope your mom improves steadily. She'll be in our prayers!

Cat, I hope the flip flops are still there! How fun!

Stephanie, hope you get all of your preparations finished and that the weather co-operates with your plans! Did you get those last two accounts closed by the end of the month?

Gonna, enjoy your sushi tonight! You must be feeling better?

Jess, your breakfast sounds yummy! I had black beans on my salad tonight and they were so good! I've put pinto beans and chickpeas on salad before but never black beans, and it might just be my new favorite salad ingredient!

I'm off to bed. The eyelids are heavy and I'm wanting to get a good sleep before I head to the gym tomorrow morning. Have to make the most of my last six days at the gym! Enjoy your Thursdays!

Kara

GONNABE165
01-31-2008, 10:00 AM
TK good luck on finding what works for you

Pam I look at Feb 29 as an xtra day to make the # on th scales look better

Jess congrats on your 1lb loss. My :crossed: for your dh as well

Yes Kara I feel great! I've been taking these new meds and so far they are working. Good night.

Cajun Girl
01-31-2008, 10:05 AM
Morning everyone!
My prayers are with you Pam... I know it must be a hard thing but just put everything in God's hands and his will, will be done. We just lost my fiances dad in July to a battle with brain cancer.
Well, I cooked the Taco Bake last night for dinner- and man is that stuff good! I actually managed to go to bed early- I was so happy about until about 3:30 this morning when I woke up and couldnt go back to sleep until around 5:30! which then I had to get up in 30 minutes! but suprisingly feel pretty good. so far.

Cat-- I am so jealous of the fleu-de-lis flip flops-- to get anything fleur-de-lis in Houston is kinda hard... although getting better... I guess that just means its time for me to go home for a visit! I used to have the same problem with LSU gear- but since we won the National Championship its getting better!

Oh almost forgot the good news--- got on the scale today and 2 lbs down. and I think I founnd some things out-- #1 its all about the water-- found that when I wasnt losing-- didnt get my water in... #2- breakfast--- I never have eaten breakfast- love breakfast foods-- dont like to eat in the morning... but forced somthing down and its helping!

Hope everyone has a great and blessed day!

tkglenn
01-31-2008, 10:07 AM
When you get on phase 2, how long do you stay there and move onto phase 3(?)?

Kim_Star060404
01-31-2008, 10:42 AM
Another fly-by for me! Just got to work from class. I'll be working through lunch, though, so I plan on coming back for personals then! Have a great morning (well, what's left of it!!)

~Kim

tammie00
01-31-2008, 10:49 AM
Tk-You stay on phase 2 until you are done with the weight loss phase. Phase 3 is for maintance and the rest of your life.

Today I am cleaning house fun fun

Ok so it is day 6 of phase 1 and I just had to do it. I stepped on the scale. I believe I have lost 2-3 pounds.I promise not to get back on until end of two weeks.

zoerba
01-31-2008, 11:08 AM
Hi ladies! Wow, with the different time zones I don't know if I can keep up with you guys! When I get up at 6:30am there's already 2 to 3 pages of dialogue! Then if I post at night nobody reads it because it's on to a new thread the next day! ;);)

Well, I think that maybe the scale is starting to go back down. I'm down to 181 again, which is still more than I was last week but a pound less than yesterday. So, I'm pretty happy about that!

Only 2 more days until the weekend. I can't wait! :carrot:

Yesterday's Menue

B - 2 kashi go lean whole wheat waffles with ICBINB spray and sf maple syrup
S - 30 pistachios
L - blackbean chili w/ reduced fat cheese (no meat)
D - seasoned chicken breast with greenbeans
DST - NSA fudgecicle

SillyFluff
01-31-2008, 11:15 AM
Good morning ladies.
I posted last night on Wednesday thread, but don't know if any of yall saw it. Well life for me has gotten crazy. Between working full time and going to school full time, I'm shocked I have time to potty. Anyhoo. Good things...um lets see...I'm THIS much closer to my own classroom...interning in the fall....taking my Praxis II on June 14th....lets see...I love my job...oh and I'm under 240 :) YAY. I hope everyone is doing well. I'll try to stop in and just let yall know I'm doing good more often. I need to get into a routine so that I can manage my time a little better. Well ahve a great day ladies. :)

beachgal
01-31-2008, 11:42 AM
Yikes, Chicks, it seems that the streak of actually having to work while at work is going to continue! :lol3: I'm sure my bosses are probably pleased that I'm doing something in return for my paycheck, but it sure reduces my time on here with you all! :(

Hope all our sniffling ones are feeling better :getwell: and everyone's staying warm! It's bright at sunny here even though it's rawther cold. You can't knock sunshine! :sunny:

Busy day at work--off to the gym afterwards, hoping there's something good on Oprah while I'm on the elliptical. :crossed: I was ruduced to watching "I love the 70's, Volume 2" on VH1...and though some of the bouncy disco music was helpful, it wasn't very good at motivating me to workout. ;)

Tonight DH and I are at home, which will be good. :cloud9: Poor puppy is still suffering from sleep incontinence...we're working on it (she's on meds, we've changed her food and will change it again when the shipment arrives, have her on cranberry supplement and will add vitamin C when it gets here, etc...) but I think it's going to take some time for the struvite crystals to go away and the Ph to go down. :( Poor puppy!

Have a great day, Chickies! Here's some :dust: for those who need it!

tkglenn
01-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Ok, I did it. I've made up my mind to join SB. I will work out my meals for the next two weeks and will start tomorrow. I'm alittle excited. I know I can do it.

Kim_Star060404
01-31-2008, 01:17 PM
Cottage: Thanks for starting us up this morning. Sorry about sick little Maggie. I hope she enjoys her movie with you and starts to feel better soon. The scale monster was destroyed in our house. DH decided to jump rope on top of it to see what would happen - it broke. DUH! I could have predicted that. Why are men such little boys some times?

Kara: Congrats on such a wonderful month of exercise! I hope that you get some rest after what sounds like a busy day for you!

Dawn: When does the boss return? I feel the same way about mine. I'm not sure that he spends his day working, so I can't understand it when he leaves and I'm swamped! :shrug: Hope your workout was great!

pamatga: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Yikes! They just delivered lunch! I'm going to eat and then I'll be back! :hungry:

GONNABE165
01-31-2008, 01:23 PM
Good afternoon south beach chickies

Kim glad to see your up and at it again - I hope you are feeling better

TK good luck with the southbeach way of life. Be sure to check in on here as often as possible - it helps alot

I heard from the surgeon and they got my biopsy results and instead of a cat scan I now have to do an MRI of course no one can tell my why or whats what over the phone so now I sit and wait again until I do the MRI which someone is suppose to call me in the next 3 days to schedule UHH!

Kim_Star060404
01-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Gonna: Thanks! I am feeling better, but I'm definitely looking forward to Saturday when I can get in some more rest. I hope everything turns out well with the MRI. I hate that they can't tell you what's going on over the phone! :hug:

I can't believe I only have 10 more minutes of lunch left. I think that I'm just going to have to get up earlier every morning to post personals. Sheesh!

SAnativegirl
01-31-2008, 04:09 PM
Cottagebythesea- I just saw your recipe for Pizza Casserole-looks good. Do I put the ground turkey or beef in the casserole cooked or raw? I think I saw a couple versions of it but wasnt sure if its for one cooked and the other not?? Has anyone else tried it?

Neko
01-31-2008, 04:38 PM
Dawn: When does the boss return? I feel the same way about mine. I'm not sure that he spends his day working, so I can't understand it when he leaves and I'm swamped! :shrug: Hope your workout was great!

Do your bosses channel my boss? :dizzy: Mine has the nerve to ask me to run and get him coffee while I'm busy working and he's doing nothing.

SillyFluff, congrats on being under 240. Won't be long before you're under 200.

Just got myself a nice energizing cup of coffee to deal with the Cub Scout den. We're finishing up our last Wolf requirement. Tools! Yep, that's right. I have to lead second grade boys in using hammers and screwdrivers. What were the people who wrote these requirements thinking?

femmecreole
01-31-2008, 05:23 PM
We're finishing up our last Wolf requirement. Tools! Yep, that's right. I have to lead second grade boys in using hammers and screwdrivers. What were the people who wrote these requirements thinking?

Neko, when my first son was a little guy, somehow I got roped into hosting a scout meeting where they carved pumpkins. I had a ton of little 6 year olds and their parents carving pumpkins in my front yard. That spring I had pumpkin vines growing all over my manacured lawn. I spent hours pulling them all up!

Barb0522
01-31-2008, 05:27 PM
Neko - I'm camp director for our district's Cub Scout Twilight camp this summer (and last summer). One year, I ran the shop at camp for the Bear's. Picture building kits with 46 boys at one time! And nowhere near enough hammers. Last year, as director, I bought enough hammers so each boy in the group would have one. Even if I did have to pay for them myself since we were over budget. I love scouts! I'm teaching the Wolf/Bear Cub Scout leader specific training course on Saturday. It's fun helping the leaders understand how the Bear Arrow Points work differently than the Wolf ones do.

It's hard to imagine that in two months we will have our Arrow of Light ceremony where Brian becomes a Boy Scout. Now if he will just decide on the troop....

cottagebythesea
01-31-2008, 07:40 PM
Cottagebythesea- I just saw your recipe for Pizza Casserole-looks good. Do I put the ground turkey or beef in the casserole cooked or raw? I think I saw a couple versions of it but wasnt sure if its for one cooked and the other not?? Has anyone else tried it?

I hope you like the Pizza Casserole, SAnativegirl. :) Use raw ground turkey, bake it like a crust, and drain it before adding the filling.

Neko
01-31-2008, 09:58 PM
femmecreole I can't imagine why you didn't want a yard full of free pumpkins. I suppose I should check my lawn in the spring, I carved a pumpkin there in the fall.

I made sure everyone had a hammer tonight. No injuries to report, which is good. Of course, I think the parents did more work than the kids. How are the Bear points different? I've never actually taken my leader specific training. :o

Barb0522
01-31-2008, 10:08 PM
Neko - In the Bear program you have 24 achievements and the boys have to complete 12 out of the 24. There are requirements to complete so many from each group. You can earn arrow points from electives just like in the Wolf program but you can also earn arrow points from unused parts of achievements but it can be tricky to understand. Let's say that achievement three has 5 parts that the boy completes and you do not use that towards his Bear. Then those 5 are half of an arrow point. However if you do use the achievement toward his Bear you cannot count any extra pieces toward Arrow points. So if you have to do x parts to complete the achievement and the boy does x +2, if you are using it toward the Bear badge, the extra 2 do not count. I hope that makes sense. If not, PM me and I'll try to clarify more. I really find the leadership training to be helpful. Especially for the Webelos program since you really need to plan for the two years but you want to do as much as possible early so there is time for a lot of troop visit in their Webelos II year.

tomandkara
02-01-2008, 01:02 AM
SOMEBODY TELL THE BAD FOOD TO SHUT UP AND STOP CALLING MY NAME! It's driving me bananas today. Who gets the munchies the week after her period?! What is wrong with me?!?!?!?!?!

Kara

38withfreckles
02-01-2008, 01:18 AM
My food confessions for Thursday:
breakfast - leftover chicken salad & diet dp
lunch - the rest of the chicken salad, grapes, water,
dinner - steak and large salad
dessert - sf jello cup
Went to Groove exercise today! Cross your fingers the scale fairy shows up in the morning! I'm in a rut after starting phase 2!

tomandkara
02-01-2008, 01:29 AM
Gonna, so glad to hear the new meds are working!

Cajun, glad to hear you found some things that are working for you! Keep up the great work!

Yay, Tammie! Have fun cleaning house!

Zoerba, don't worry. I'm still here!!! You're about half way between our time zone and the rest of the States, so we should keep good company.

Hi Tina! Do you know where you'll be student teaching? I loved my student teaching classroom!

Thanks for the dust, Laurie! I need it today!!! Hope the pup feels better soon!

Neko, they were clearly men. Men who weren't in charge of a group of kids. I think men write some silly rules down sometimes. Good luck with the troop!

:wave: Kim! Hope your day calmed down a bit!

Barbara, I'm sure Brian will make the perfect decision. When's his deadline?

Kara