Old 01-14-2008, 08:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/167/145

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy Weight Loss Round 2... Buddy Needed!

Almost 3.5 years ago, I lost over 50 lbs with WW. The first time around, I was still living at home and my dad was also on the plan, which made it a lot easier. I have now gained back 17 lbs thanks to my sedintary job and poor eating habits.

I read about this site in People magazine and I was hoping to find a weight loss buddy, perhaps someone who is also going for it "a second time"?
Loopzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'6

WOW! You sound just like me. Three years ago I lost 70lbs. following WW and working out at Curves. Over the course of the last couple years I have put on a good 25 lbs. I am trying to get back on track, and have been visiting this site for encouragement without posting that much before.
I would love to be a diet buddy. The only thing is, I am so new to this site and do not know how to even become a "buddy". Would we just post back and forth? Does someone know how to start our own thread? You can't PM until you have ten posts.

Last edited by iowa girl; 01-14-2008 at 09:38 PM.
iowa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:46 PM   #3  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm not on weight watchers, so maybe I wouldn't make for the best buddy. I don't know too much about the diet, I'm just a calorie counter.
If you want a buddy just to check in with and be held accountable with, I'm all over it! Also, if you go to the "weekly" chat, you can get lots of people giving you input and advice on your successes, or weak days, etc.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'6

If we wanted to become a " diet buddy" how do we get to this post to contact each other once it is no longer on the main page. I know...I am not very technology friendly. If someone could PM me and let me know I would really appriciate it.
iowa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 187/173/125

Height: 5'6"

I love diet buddies! I'm infamous for being a yo-yo dieter and I'm looking to stay put at my weight once I get there (mild fluctuation, but nothing major). I'd love to be your diet buddy. Do you have a diet blog??

And...this website was mentioned in People magazine?? What did it say?
leanmoomercows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:40 PM   #6  
Queen Yo-yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa girl View Post
If we wanted to become a " diet buddy" how do we get to this post to contact each other once it is no longer on the main page. I know...I am not very technology friendly. If someone could PM me and let me know I would really appriciate it.
I think if you've got MSN or AIM you could use one of those. Otherwise, you could e-mail back and forth, or PM once you're able to.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:14 AM   #7  

Iowa, Jelbb, and Leanmoomer,
Thanks for the responses and the offers- I'm all in! Today starts my first "nose to the grindstone day". Perhaps not the best option (I have a company wide meeting this week with a cocktail hour and dinner planned, so food options are not great and already set, so I suppose it's a portion control kind of thing.) I'll have to figure out how to PM each of you or start a blog for us or something... I'll get back to you on that.
Hey Lean... when's the wedding?!?! Congrats!
Old 01-15-2008, 11:24 AM   #8  
Queen Yo-yo

Loopzer:
Ick, big meetings with food are never conducive to healthy eating when everyone around you is chowing down on junk. The number of times I had a coworker stick his ice cream cone in my face in offering last night at my weekly staff meeting... ugh. I wanted to punt him.
But I hope all goes well! Let us know when you get home!
Old 01-15-2008, 10:50 PM   #9  

Jelbb,
You have no idea what you've done! After squeezing in some cardio after the meeting (we're at a hotel) I came back to check the forum for some pre-cocktail/dinner inspiration... and there was your message to "let you know how things went" when I got back. And that's what stuck in my mind. I DIDN'T HAVE A SINGLE APPETIZER and had a resonable portion at dinner. Also, even though the giant canolli (you could fit 4 softballs in it lengthwise, and it's filled with canolli filling and there are pieces of canolli shell for "dipping" around the outside) and the real italian blueberry cheesecake were calling to me, I did NOT answer them and instead ate from the Edible Arrangements fruit basket. So Jelbb, I thank you! You really helped keep me on track tonight! I hope you had a great day too!