Old 01-02-2008, 01:34 PM   #1  
Melissa

Talking Emma Has Arrived!

Hi there my core friends!
I just wanted to let you know that Emma was born on December 17. She weighed 7 lbs 12 oz and was 20 1/4" long. She is absolutely beautiful and perfect. I would post a picture but they are on the other computer.
Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that I'm coming back on the core wagon and I'll be working hard to lose weight! I've lost about 20 of the 35 pounds I gained but of course I was overweight before I started. So there is plenty of work to do. Since I had gestational diabetes it is even more important that I lose the weight to avoid developing type 2 diabetes.
I hope that everyone is doing great! I look forward to catching up and meeting all the new folks. Happy New Year everyone!
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:37 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Melissa! Congratulations to you and Daddy Aaron. I love the name Emma and can't wait to see her picture. I was begging for one a couple of days ago on the regular chat thread. You must have gotten my vibes!

Not bad to only have 15 pounds of baby weight to lose. I'll be grateful to have the company. I need to stop fooling around.

How long will you be on maternity leave?

Last edited by Vickie; 01-02-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:55 PM   #3  
Melissa

Hi Vickie! Thanks! I'm looking forward to losing the weight and finally getting to goal. The gestational diabetes put the fear in me-and Aaron too. We know we have to make some changes for both our sake and for our daughter. It's good motivation.
I'll be on maternity leave for probably another 2 to 3 weeks. I really don't have enough vacation time so I'm unsure right now. It's gone by so fast already. When I think about going back to work and not being with her during the days I want to cry. I'm still trying to find another job. Hopefully things will work out soon!
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:15 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

You'll do it. Who wouldn't with that motivation?
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:47 PM   #5  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Talking Tickled Pink!

Hi Melissa,

What wonderful news!!! Congratulations to the new mommy and daddy - hope you are having lots of fun with Emma! (and I do think the US maternity policy must change - here we get 1 yr paid maternity leave!)

You must be having so much fun with your new little doll.

I hope you are resting and recuperating and taking good care of yourself. I too had gestational diabetes (but oddly only with 1st baby and not other 2?) altho I have been recently diagnosed as 'insulin resistant' - which means I will also be on my way to type 2 diabetes if I don't do something about it!

Good luck and take care (also waiting for a pic!)

Auntie Froufy

Last edited by Froufy; 01-02-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #6  

Melissa! Congratulations! Make sure you get plenty of rest these next few weeks, and enjoy that little one.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:30 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Congratulations, Melissa and Aaron. This is exciting news. So now we're cyber aunts, right? Enjoy Emma--and get some rest when you can.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:58 AM   #8  

Hi Melissa and Frouf!! Congratulations to you and your family Melissa..what a wonderful christmas present you guys got! Cant wait to see a picture of your little darling
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:34 PM   #9  

SEPTEMBERSGOAL Congrats on your little girl. And EMMA is such a pretty name. What a wonderful Christmas present you got.
Take care of yourself. And enjoy your little one.
Cant wait too see pictures of her.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations, Melissa!

You'll lose that weight; you've got one really good reason to take care of yourself, and her name is Emma!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote