LA Weight Loss - Dec 31-Jan 6 Losers and Friends Thread

Lynx
12-31-2007, 06:53 AM
New Year - New You. Actually new us. We are in this together. Let's get going on our promise to ourselves. Kick it in gear!!!!
Time to put 2007 behind us.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61 lbs.
Current weight
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

Dan2112
12-31-2007, 07:57 AM
Well said, Lynn!!

I, for one, am not going to let the trevails of this past holiday weigh me down (get it? Weigh me down? I crack myself up!)....

Now that the holidays are behind us except for tonight, I would imagine, there's no excuse for having "holiday goodies" in the house, unless they're plan approved. Got some yummo-leftovers in the fridge? Get 'em gone... Otherwise there's just too much temptation...

Here's a one-day challenge.. Don't blow it tonight if you happen to be out ringing in the new year! Think how good you'll feel after resisting the temptations!!

Have a great day, all!!

Joni135
12-31-2007, 08:36 AM
I've been away so long I posted on last week's thread...oh well....the power of cut and paste:

Dan, Yep...I think you're ready for some prime time comedy show! I, for one, would tune in!

In addition to you being the salt king, I always think of you when I see a breakfast burrito....do you have this recipe from Hungry Girl and do you think one could make these up ahead of time (w/o the salsa) and freeze them and nuke them in the morning?

BUENO BREAKFAST BURRITO
You can whip up this tortilla treat in a flash!

-1/3 cup Southwestern egg beaters
-1 slice Fat Free Kraft Singles
-1 Tbsp. salsa
-1 La Tortilla Factory Low Carb Tortilla
-1 tsp. Bacos (I'd rather use some boca crumbles??)

Spray pan lightly with non-stick cooking spray and scramble the egg beaters and bacos. When almost finished, tear the slice of cheese into pieces and mix them into the eggs. Place mixture into warmed tortilla and add salsa before folding it up. You can add a few sliced black olives or a dollop of low fat sour cream on top if you'd like. Makes 1 burrito with approximately 140 calories, 3g of fat, 15 carbs, 8g of fiber, and 20g of protein. (2 points)

Amylou.....glad you found a little humor in my hi/bye....I wasn't sure what else to say to Julz since it seems like everyone else covered it and she hasn't surfaced. Her loss.

Felicia - get up already! You've been sleeping for over four hours.

Tuesday - welcome home. I love Maui and cannot wait to return someday (hate the flight over there though!).

Gotta go prep for a secret thing (you never know who is reading this site). I'll fill you all in when all is said and done.

Nicole - come out come out wherever you are!

Lynn - Happy New Year to you too. You are doing great with your weight loss numer - You and Dan sure make this all look easy!

Dan2112
12-31-2007, 10:15 AM
I love that breakfast burrito recipe!! I'll give it a shot.. Not sure about the bacos, though...

I think I might prefer using Jenny O extra lean turkey bacon.. 95% fat free and only 20 mgs more sodium than the bacos... For me, it's a consistancy thing.. I like or don't like a lot of foods based on the way they feel in my mouth.. I know that sounds weird, but it's just the way I am..

Hey gang.. What are some of your non-weight related resolutions for 2008?

Mine is to listen more and talk less!

EmilyLashea
12-31-2007, 10:38 AM
Good Morning everyone :wave:

Michie- I, for one, am definately more intested in the sizes lost than the pounds!

Rose- As graphic and horrible as the information in Skinny B*tch was.. was it easy for you to give up eating meat? I think the dairy would be easier for me than the meat(and really only chicken and fish).

Stacy- I was also thinking about doing a TO after the first. What version do you do?

Joni- If you're ever in doubt of just how bad the things we put into our body are, this would be the book for you. It definately doesn't "sugar-coat" anything!

Tues- Where did you stay in Maui? Was this your first trip? We went snorkeling while we were in Maui... I bought one of those disposable underwater cameras, and have some of the most amazing pictures! :)

Angie- Welcome Back! :wave:

Dan- Nice motivational speech! :) I know I am one that definately needs to get my butt in gear!

Joni- You're right.. the flight to Maui is awful!! :sorry:

I am waiting until after the first to go to COD, and I think I have decided that trip will just be to pick up my remaining bars. I feel sure that with the help of you all I will be just as well, or better, off than with the info from COD anyway. I do need to purchase a reliable scale though.

I don't have any big plans for tonight.. I have to work all day today so I'm really not going to feel like doing much of anything. Probably just dinner and maybe a movie with DBf, and then it's home for us.. Hope everyone that is planning a big night out has a great time! ..And Be Careful!! :)

EmilyLashea
12-31-2007, 10:45 AM
Dan- We were posting at the same time.. My New Year's Resolution, other than the diet thing, would be to get my butt in gear with the school thing.. I will be starting for my Bachelor's in the next couple of weeks and would like to be able, after the first semester, take more than the minimum 4 classes that I've been taking. It will be difficult, but I just don't seem to have had my head in the books as much the last semester or so as I used to.

Also, to get DBf and my finances in order enough for us to get our own place.. I'm just not crazy about spending so much a month on renting. :)

Dan2112
12-31-2007, 11:07 AM
Sounds like a plan Emily.. I have some financial opinions about non-married couples buying a home together, but perhaps that would be better suited for a forum about investments. :lol:

Good luck with the schooling.. I don't know how people who aren't in school full time do it with all of the "real life" stuff going on... I "graduated" needing one class that wasn't offered my last semester in school. I tried to take a coorespondence course to wrap it up, but with working a full time job, I blew it off.. I finally got the credit simply by testing out of it thanks to a history professor who was sympathetic to my needs...

amylou7777
12-31-2007, 11:46 AM
Lynn,Dan, Emily, Joni-I'm with ya! Time to "renew" my weight loss goal with the new year! I'm NOT going overboard tonight. And it's going to feel great!

Emily-I also need to get refocused on school and career planning. I'd love to have a job lined up for when I graduate in May. I also have the same hesitatioons Dan mentioned about non marrieds investing in property. My dbf owns his home, so I "rent" from him, with the hopes that we'll get married one day....but I totally understand how annoying it can be to spend the bulk of your money paying rent!
What is the name of the book you are reccommending?? I haven't gone back to look it up in the threads....

Felicia-hope the kids are letting you and DH sleep in a bit!

It's so nice to have a day off today with no company here! We got new front loader washer/dryer....so I'm actually having fun doing laundry all day! :)

Dan2112
12-31-2007, 12:22 PM
I get a half day off today, but I was getting cabin fever at home, so I'm glad for some quality time here at the office.. There are only 5 of us here today counting myself.. Nice atmosphere to get some work done.. Speaking of which, I'll talk to y'all later.. .:lol:

michie
12-31-2007, 12:32 PM
Hello all! Hope everyone is having the most amazing morning possible! I am on my way to the gym while DBF works for a few hours... then to the COD for my final weigh in of the year! I am so excited for a new year and a new way of life. (even though i started a month early..)

I don't know what I'm doing tonight, but whatever it is i will be wearing my pretty smaller dress and taking LOTS of pictures! I will definitely be making one my avatar...

In response to your question Dan, my non weight related resolution is to stop spending so much money and start saving! I have this terrible addiction to MUSICALS and anytime one comes into town i HAVE to see it! I don't crave cookies and brownies... oh no! i crave musicals! And like you Emily... me and my DBF would like to save for our future. Maybe marriage in the new year???? :p

To everyone else, i have a terrible time remembering who to say things to! But hello and I hope you are doing great!

cecil
12-31-2007, 02:04 PM
Hi EVERYONE! Hope you all had a good holiday, I definately agree with all of you, tomorrow is a new year! And a new begining! I am soo excited! I want to thank all of you again for your support! And for those of you who aren't maintaining or even those who are I guess Kimberly and I and the others on the the New years challange decided next up is the Valentines day Challenge! So get ready! I had such a good Birthday present when I got to work today! One of my co-workers does LA too. She gave me a bottle of Take off! That was sooo nice! Hope you all have a great New Year!

Joni135
12-31-2007, 02:39 PM
Dan - I like the Jenno O turkey bacon idea. I haven't ventured and tried turkey bacon, but new year, new things! I don't like your "listen more/talk less" resolution -- at least not on this forum. You are the main one keeping most of us accountable these days....So, I say type more!

Michie - you, too, cannot give up on going to musicals....I love musicals and think of all the joy they give you. Maybe you can figure out a way to see them at a better cost (2 for 1 tix on odd nights are popular here in Atlanta). I love the arts and am fearful they won't be around in generations to come due to the cost. How sad would that be.

Cecil - Happy birthday to you!!! :bday2you::bday2::woo::celebrate:What a nice gift from your co-worker. Sure beats the petit fours my sister sent me for my birthday (which, by the way, those are going with me tonight to be eaten by the neighbors kids!). Like Dan says, if it's not in the house, it won't go in me.

Amylou - the book we are talking about is Skinny B**ch. Google it. It apparently got pretty popular after Victoria Bechman was shot carrying a copy around. I'll try and order it from the library. First, I have to read my latest purchase - Dr. Oz book YOU: Staying Young (good read for someone like me who just turned 50).

Gotta run. Happy New Year everyone. Be safe!

:newyear::newyear::newyear:

buffystar
12-31-2007, 02:55 PM
Hello-All! Here once again since I'm finally committed and wouldn't you know it-PURE had to close and leave us all high and dry? :( On my second day of take-off- 194.4- down 3.6

pjbeau
12-31-2007, 03:05 PM
Hi all!

Well, I've just about got my head back on track, as far as my food choices. I did eat a couple of "last meal" type things this weekend, but now the urge is out of my system and I'm ready to get healthy.

I don't usually make resolutions, but this year I am going to try one. My goal is to be more time conscious. I need to make myself a morning person. This may be impossible, but I am way too lazy in the mornings. I drag in to work at the last possible moment, which of course means I have to stay late. An earlier start would make for a more relaxed evening at home.

We don't have any big plans for tonight, so being good won't be too hard. I don't like champane, but I may have a glass of wine.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy new year!!

bayoubelle68
12-31-2007, 03:08 PM
Hey, guys! Actually the kids did let us sleep. We were all sleeping soundly at around 8:30 when my mom called and woke me up. I got up and the kids soon followed suit. Christopher requested biscuits with honey for breakfast and Elizabeth requested her daily usual: grits and an orange. I don't know why, but that's what she wants every day - at least right now!

At around 9:15, DH was reading the paper in his boxers, I was flitting around the kitchen in my nightgown, Elizabeth was still eating, and Christopher was lying on the floor watching t.v. Suddenly, DH said, "Oh, crap! The painters are here!" Painters?? What painters? Sure enough, there was the painting crew that we've been expecting for the past two months to come and touch up the last few little places in the house. Nobody had called to let us know they were coming. The house looked like Santa Claus had just thrown up everywhere - toys, books, etc. ALL over the floor. We took down decorations yesterday, but the kids had strewn their Christmas gifts EVERYWHERE!! In fact, just before the painters arrived, I had just told the kids that we needed to get their things picked up. Not only that, there were still piles of clothes that I had sorted in our bedroom from when we were out of town. I hadn't gotten around to washing them, so it was awful! I was throwing stuff everywhere!! Needless, to say, I've been cleaning most of the day just out of embarrassment and knowing that they're coming back later in the week! It was definitely one of those times when I wished I could have wiggled my nose like Samantha from Bewitched and cleaned in an instant!!

We're not going out tonight, so no worries about overindulging. I think we're just going to make popcorn and watch some movies with the kids.

sscott
12-31-2007, 03:53 PM
Happy New Years Eve everyone! It sounds like some of you have some fun planned for tonight. Like I said earier, we are just going to my sisters house. We will play games and have some fun. Secretly, I would love to just stay home and watch a movie with my husband! I am not much of a game player, but my DH loves it! I'll suck it up for him tonight :-)

I quess my New Year resolution would have to be to save money every month. With my DH in grad school and an infant it isn't always very easy, but I need to do it. We live with my parents right now so you would think we would have a lot of "extra" money, but we still barely make it by. I love teaching, but it doesn't pay well, especially in North Dakota! I haven't decided on an amount per month yet, but something is better then nothing! I tell me husband that I dream of the day when we don't have to go paycheck to paycheck and I feel like I can breath a little easier. Whew...that was a long explaination, sorry :)

Emily - I do the orange version of TO. It works pretty well for me. Last time I lost several pounds! Join me on the 2nd and 3rd! Anyone else?!?!?!

I asked a question last week, but with everyone gone for Christmas I didn't get much of a response so I am going to try again. I read an article in our local paper that said 8 glasses of water is a myth and unnecessary. I want to see what you guys think about that. Do you get your eight glasses of water a day? Do you notice a difference?

Well, i better go and get something done. Have a great day. Felicia, I hope you survived your crazy morning :)

amylou7777
12-31-2007, 04:37 PM
Hi Stacy, your new years sounds like fun!

We were all scheduled to stay home and veg for the new year, but then got invited out and decided it would be fun! We've spent the last three new years doing low key stuff, so we're going to enjoy ourselves tonight!

Felicia-yikes! I hate when anyone drops in. Just last night Dbf's dad and step mom "dropped in" on us to say happy new year. They live almost 2 hours away and didn't call until they were exiting the freeway! It was a mad dash to get my kitchen cleaned since I had just made dinner.....grrr, it's a big pet peave!

Joni-ooo, I might go get that book! I have a few days off and would love to do some pleasure reading. I'm still getting through You: On a diet! Let us know how staying young is!

Hi Cecil, Emily, Dan, The one from San Diego (can't remember your name!!), Paula! Hope everyone is sticking to their renewed goals! So far so good for me today!

amylou7777
12-31-2007, 04:50 PM
Stacy- I meant to answer your question and got side tracked!

I am a huge believer in drinking lots of water. I drink at least 8, if not 10-12 glasses a day. I notice a difference if I get any less (feel light headed, bloated, puffy).

However, I did see a Dr. Oz show on Oprah where they tested twins, to see if drinking more water helped your complexion, and they found no difference between the one twin who got 10 glasses a day, and the twin that got much less. So who knows what the true benefits are! I figure, I know it's not hurting anything and it makes me feel great!

Debbie24
12-31-2007, 05:05 PM
So i offically started today. I'm so happy to finally start again already. We were out for a bit and i was starving but refused to stop somewhere and eat something that wasnt good for me. My motivation is i want to be able to wear my wedding band again, its been about 1.5yrs since i resized it and then my fingers got too fat for it. I miss it. Anyway i hope everyone has a happy new year and we can do this!!!.

equinetcan
12-31-2007, 05:10 PM
Happy New Year!!!

It will be a quiet night for me. Just me here. So tv and such is likely the height of my excitement tonight. I'll likely tune in to watch the ball drop if I am still awake at 1 am (atlantic time for me). We also had yet another huge winter storm today so got dumped on with a bunch of snow and more to come tomorrow night again. Its ridiculous the amount of snow we have got so far this year up here. Dog loves it though. She goes out and plunks herself down in a snowbank and woofs at anyone who happens to walk by just to say hi. definitely been getting my share of shovelling in even with the neighbor doing my driveway with his snowblower.

I am officially off for a week now but depending on the weather I might go in wednesday evening for a bit of overtime but with the snow and the roads you never know.

Well, everyone have a good and safe night....see you in 2008...

Dan2112
12-31-2007, 05:12 PM
Congrats on the recommittment Debbie. We know you can do it!!

Amy - My own thought on the water issue is that while the water itself may not help with the complexion, it's the whole "package" of eating better foods PLUS drinking lots of water that helps to flush the system of toxins and allows the skin to improve... I've personally noticed my skin is a lot less oily than it used to be and that I have a lot less acne as well.. And believe me, at 37, I was TIRED of acne!!

Off topic side note: Have any of you installed "Granite Transformations" countertops? Liz and I were talking about doing some kitchen renovation today and that thought came up... I would imagine it's cheaper than true granite counters, but their website doesn't give a good idea as to the typical costs...

MTdebster921
12-31-2007, 05:18 PM
Stacy- I think with the water thing, it just depends on each individuals body. If I don't drink enough water, I get pains in my lower back and in my leg muscles. I used to drink almost a gallon of water a day, and now I have to fight just to get 32 oz. down. Some people say that you can include watery fruits like watermelon and any non-caffeinated drinks in your daily intake. I guess it boils down to who you talk to. My doctor told me at least 48 oz is reccomended and I heard either Dr. Oz or Bob Greene say the same think on Oprah one day.

Buffystar- Good loss on TO. Even though PWL is closing it's doors, make sure to stick around here. I think we are going to have a lot of "orphans" join our group in 2008.

Cecil- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

DH is jumping in on the WL wagon with me starting tomorrow. So I told him that tonight we are going through the pantry and the fridge and everything bad is going in the trash. I think that I will do TO on Wed. and Thurs. also. I kind of did it last week, but with eating out, popcorn at the movies and DH's pizza craving, kind of destroyed any good effects it would have had. I am sitting here right now doing my menu planner for the next week and perusing through the cookbook to see what jumps out at me.

Everybody have a safe and fun new years eve!!!

Debbie24
12-31-2007, 06:10 PM
Thanks Dan!!!

Deb DH started with me today and he's finding it a bit tough because he's so used to snacking all the time when he's home. He will be home tomorrow again so we'll see how it goes but i hope once he goes back to work it will get easier for him. Does your DH know the details of the diet? I hope your DH has a better 1st day than my DH. Is your DH starting with takeoff? I was going to ask DH if he wanted to do takeoff today and tomorrow but i dont think he could have done it, takeoff is even hard for me sometimes. I'm breastfeeding so no takeoff for me anyway.

MTdebster921
12-31-2007, 06:30 PM
Debbie- DH knows the basics, see, I have been doing this for almost 2 years now. I am a lifer! For him to do it, I basically have to map it all out for him. He is actually doing what is called the DASH diet, which was recommended by his doctor for high blood pressure. It is really similar to LA eating only he gets more manly portions. I will pack his breakfast and lunch for him and have a weekly menu for dinner written out, so on the nights he cooks, he will know exactly what to fix. He's not going to do TO, I don't think he could handle it. ;o)

slim n trim
12-31-2007, 06:59 PM
Hello Everyone, and Happy New Year to you all!!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and haven't fallen to far off track over the holidays.

This is the first year for a while for me that my resolution isn't going to be to lose 20 lbs. Now I will simply say my resolution is to maintain a healthy lifestyle and make good food choices.

Thanks to all of you who have been so helpful to me over the past 8 months since I joined. You are truly an inspiration for me.

Best of wishes to each and everyone of you for the new year.

bayoubelle68
12-31-2007, 07:34 PM
This is the first year in a long time that my resolution doesn't have to do with weightloss. I am already on a plan and losing - at least I will be when I get back on track in a couple of days - so I'm already resolved about that. My resolution this year concerns keeping a cleaner house. It is already SO much better in our new house than it ever was in the old house, but I need to get back with the FlyLady system and actually establish a daily routine for keeping things clean. I know for some of you it sounds odd, but I've just never had a real routine. I loathe housework and have never kept a truly clean house. It's time for me to grow up and get with it!

michie
12-31-2007, 08:17 PM
Hello friends! OK, let's see if i can remember everything i was going to say...

Joni- So cool to hear you like musicals too! I get picked on a lot about it... some people just don't understand! I'm going to see Jesus Christ Superstar this weekend.. so excited!

Stacy- I drink tons of water everyday because I'm really afraid of sodium. (Thanks Dan!) And I would LOVE to TO with you on the 2nd and 3rd??? Let me know!

Felicia- You started LAWL on my BDay!

Went to WI today... I was 235.0! Yay I guess... but not really since I've been stuck at 235 for the past week or so. Maybe a TO will be good for me... we'll see! I still have no plans for tonight, so I may be getting dressed up to sit around my apartment. :(

Hope everyone has a very safe and POP(-ish) night! Be careful on the roads... I always get nervous about driving on days like this!

Michelle

Debbie24
12-31-2007, 09:14 PM
Deb i know what you mean. I have to do everything for DH (my 4th child). LOL.

DH doesnt cook so its all on me but i'm already doing it for me so its not too much more to do it for him. It definitely saves me from cooking separately for myself like i did my 1st time around.

I hope our DHs have success.

honey55bun
12-31-2007, 10:17 PM
New here. Did LAWL in 2001 before I had my first daughter. I am now working on weight from my second daughter.

I am doing plan 2 with lites. I've been reading posts for about a week. My center is LAWL but has been supposed to be getting journals and different la lites since I started and still nothing. Just worried that is a sign the are closing.

I'm on la express right now and struggling with the holidays so I haven't been perfect. I have managed to lose 7.2 lbs over the holidays instead of gaining so I guess that is an accomplishment. However I know a lot of that was probably water weight.

I posted something earlier and noticed I still had my old ticker from 2001 and it stated that I had lost 35 lbs. I needed to see that, to remind me that I have done it before, I can do it again. It is so hard to get in the mind set of taking it slow. I want to lose 35 lbs in a month, oh shoot, a week.

anyway, hope to get to know you all

SaskNewfie
01-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Hey everyone...just stopping by to wish everyone a Happy New Year and all the best in 2008!!

sscott
01-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Happy New Year all! I hope everyone had a fun and safe NYE! We sure did! Have you ever played Dance Dance Revolution? My niece and nephew got it for Christmas. Oh my goodness, it's a blast. Quite a work out as well. I am so bad, but I can't wait to play it again! My DH and I have a date night planned for tonight. Babysitter is lined up and dinner and a movie are on the agenda. It will be a great night!

Michelle - TO planned for tomorrow and Thursday! Join us! It is great to do it with other people! I am making my DH doing it with me as well. He's such a trooper!

Hi Crystal! Hi SaskNewfie!

roserph
01-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone had a Happy New Year's celebration! Spent it home quiet since the lil one is in bed by 8. Did anyone happen to watch Dick Clark's Rocking NYE? What was going on with Ryan Seacrest's nose and face.....lol...maybe some plastic surgery?

Just wanted to wish everyone continued success for the New Year...we can do it :)!

Stacy....I love Dance Dance revolution....don't worry soon enough you will be a pro...it's quite addicting ;)

Dan2112
01-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Happy New Year, ladies!!

We had a good time last night and I didn't overdo it.. And believe me, there was every opportunity to do just that!

Crystal... Don't freak out yet.. It seems like one of the constant issues at our COD was getting replacement journals and new lites.. The shipments for some reason, weren't consistent... Don't give up hope, and welcome to the board!!!

We're headed to the mountains today, for some hiking and "family time"... Talk to you all soon..

bradleys mom
01-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Happy New Year! I hope everyone is planning on having a mostly POP 2008. My new years resolution (other than staying OP) is to read my bible more! I am going to try to read the whole bible this year.

Me and DH and DS had a fun NYE! I snacked a little more than I shouldve but today is a new day, new year!! I added the avatar of my new hair do... I kinda miss those 7 inches I got chopped off, but everyone says I'll need a new do for my new bod!

EmilyLashea
01-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Good Morning All! :wave:

Dan- As far as a buying a house with DBf, let me clarify. It would be as Amy said.. The house would be in my name, with him "renting" from me. That's where the financial planning comes in.. to make sure that I would be able to support myself if something were to happen.

Amy- I think someone already answered your question, but the book is Skinny B*tch, and it is really eye-opening. Don't let the fact that it was written by former models throw you off from reading.. It is really very informative.

Michie- Good luck with the planning with Dbf, and I hope everything fall into place for the two of you, as well as my DBf and I :)

Cecil- Happy Birthday! And what a thoughtful present from your coworker.. That shows she really cares, instead of bringing you something like cake :dizzy:

Felicia- I hate when people decide to show up unexpectedly.. It seems like it's always at the most inconvenient time.

Stacy- TO tomorrow and Thursday. I am curious as well about the water issue. I don't get in nearly as much as I should, but I'm working on it and doing a lot better with it. Have fun on your date night!

Crystal- Congrats on getting back on track! I am also on Plan 2.

Kimberly- I Love the new avatar!!! :)

Everyone I missed... Hi! :wave:

Personally, I wasn't too bad last night. I did have a Perfect Margarita from Applebee's, but I was good with my food (plain grilled chicken and a small baked potato) so I don't feel too bad about it. And it was sooo good! :) I'm just lounging today, was going to go to the movies this afternoon but DBf decided we should stay home so he could do the laundry. Bless him.. So, I'm just going to lay around and enjoy my day off. TO tomorrow and Thursday.. and it's back on track after the holidays. Hope everyone has a good New Year's Day :)

zambejaly5
01-01-2008, 01:47 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!!!!!!

we had a great trip to Florida. Ate, swam, shopped..... but it is good to be home.

I have updated my ticker and am ready to get serious. I have been off plan since Thanksgiving! and it shows. I am aiming to be POP til our church's Valentine banquet. and then i am going to relax and eat what they serve. then it will be POP til. My daughters birthday. on April 22. at which time I will allow myself one piece of cake. then POP til the last day of school and then I will see where I am at. hopefully at least 40 pounds lighter.

Is Nicole still not back?

My motto for 2008 is "...All things good" --- POP, exercise, water, Flylady, less TV, more Bible reading, kindness and love to others...... all things good......

and with that I think I will go drink my first glass of water for the day. (oops... 12:45 PM)

equinetcan
01-01-2008, 02:18 PM
Happy New years day!!

My NYE was very quiet but I managed to stay up and welcome it in and then went to bed LOL!!

We had a big dumping of snow yesterday which would have made anything last night interesting as far as driving was concerned and we have yet another huge dumping of snow coming again tonight and tomorrow. Then we are finally suposed to have a few days of no snow. We haven't had this much snow in years and its only just starting January.

have a good day everybody!!!

michie
01-01-2008, 03:15 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Sounds like everyone had a pretty safe and happy night... I did as well! I was a really old person and went to a casino for new years. It was pretty funny.. the average age there was about 65. I enjoyed myself though! OMG... the wind was CRAZY though! The casino is right at the base of the mountains and the winds were going about 50 mph! It was so scary to drive and walk in!

Since my usual gym (the YMCA) is closed today I think I will go for a hike! I used to be an Outdoor Education Instructor, hiking 6 hours a day... needless to say, I miss it. Hope you all have a great first day of the year!

Kimberly- Your haircut is fantastic! You look great!

sscott
01-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Felicia and Lettie - you both have mentioned Flylady and I am curious as to what in the world you are talking about :) Would you clue me in, if you wouldn't mind?

zambejaly5
01-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Felicia and Lettie - you both have mentioned Flylady and I am curious as to what in the world you are talking about :) Would you clue me in, if you wouldn't mind?

flylady.com

she helps you get your house under countrol by setting you up with routines that are easy to follow. Morning Noon and Evening routines, weekly zones to focus on heavy cleaning, daily missions to hit things that you would normally over look. and when you pull it all together you have a peaceful, decluttered, clean house. and it is not overwhelming. my best friend comes by this naturally. and thinks the whole thing is silly. but I notice that she just happens to do alot of the things flylady sugjests..... she just already had it in her. I don't for some reason. and I need to be told in order to reach the same results. if you are born organized then Flylady may not be for you. but if you are always trying to play catch up, your are embarrassed if a friend just drops in on your... or you just need a nudge when it comes to getting rid of the extras that clutter up our homes. then give her a try. she will get you organized in a jiffy.

whatazoo
01-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Well, I participated in the New Years challenge and flopped... I feel like I have been sabotaging myself the last few weeks. I think it was a case of ‘Oh it was Christmas’… I need a swift kick in the heiny! I don’t do well doing a TO, but maybe I need one just to get my head back in the game. And what did I do last night – ate 3 pieces of pepperoni pizza!! UGH

I made some goals for myself for 2008 (not resolutions). They are: keep eating healthy, drink enough water every day, do some sort of exercise 3-6 times per week, start doing flylady (again) instead of just thinking about it – and keep with it this time, spend more time with my grandparents, get control of my finances and start to get out of debt and go camping more!

The one that will probably hurt my weight loss the most (and stop me from eating healthy) is spending more time with my grandparents! Unless they come to my house that is. They were farmers – heavy lunches (they call it dinner). Just today, we had biscuits, hamburger gravy, mashed potatoes, peas (ick), 2 or 3 types of desserts and a little lettuce salad. It was a carb-fest They just moved to the area from Nebraska and they think every holiday, etc when someone comes out to visit, they have to feed you. I don’t want to hurt their feelings, but I don’t want to weigh what I weighed before either!

Anyway, I just thought if I told others about my goals, and vent a little, then I would stick with them. And really, they aren’t that difficult, I just have to do them.

Joni135
01-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Dan - never heard of "granite transformation" - when I first saw it I thought it was another favorite band of yours. I, too, would love to redo my kitchen cabinet faces and counters, but must wait and see what Uncle Sam owes me before I'll commit to another major home improvement project.

Cannot believe Cassi checked in...glad to know she's alive and well. I actually PMd Nicole and told her so maybe she'll check in and share some new year's cheer with us.

Today was low key for me. I went and had my collards and black eyed peas. I'm trying to clean up the house a a bit and fully intend to hit the gym tomorrow morning since I've not used my membership in about a month.

I'm getting a team of 5 together to compete in a local thing my county is doing from January thru May. It's called Better Weight Than Ever in 2008 and it will work like the Biggest Loser competition. Our team weight will be taken between Jan 2-11, and then early May our final weigh in will take place. Team with greatest percentage lost wins a $500 gift certificate to a local store like WalMart or Target. We each pay $20 to enter the competition. I was able to recruit 3 friends and I'm hoping to find a fifth. I know I don't do too well in individual challenges, but maybe having friends to help reinforce everything will help me along. Time will tell, but I'm sort of excited about the event.

Off to do some chores....It sure doesn't feel like Tuesday!

Repo girl
01-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Hi everyone!

Joni- The challenge sounds really fun. I hope you can find a 5th competitor.

Lettie- Glad to see you back, and that you had a fun time.

Jason- Well.........look who the cat dragged in! Great to see you, how is it going?

Lettie and Felicia- I LOVE the flylady. I quit doing her stuff when I took this job at the daycare. I am so excited to start back with her now that I am quitting that job and coming back to home daycare. Also, the dinner diva lady that she talks about on her site makes up awesome weekly menus that can usually be converted to LAWL friendly recipes easily. Makes shopping and planning really easy.

bradleys mom
01-01-2008, 07:21 PM
WOW... Flylady sounds awesome! Im going right now to sign up... BUT can she come follow me around every day?? :dizzy:

I did Leslie Sansone's 45 minute 3 mile workout just now and I am beat!! So far I have been POP today! Im so excited that today is going good. On QVC today the special value is Leslie Sansone's 5 DVD set which is a total of 14 miles, and a resistance band for 24.98(?). I ordered it because I LOVE doing her workouts. I never go walking outside because I am a chicken (okay, and a little embarassed...) But with these dvd's you can walk whenever. I always wear my pedometer when I am working out and the distance seems to be pretty close everytime.

BTW, Dont forget the new Biggest Loser starts tonight! I am headed for the TV right now!!!

Dan2112
01-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Hey gang...

Nice trip to the mountains today.. Played in the snow a bit and just enjoyed the fresh air...

Emily - Gotcha about the financial arrangements... That's the way to do it!!

Too tired to write much more, plus we gotta get the kiddos in the shower.. Back to work tomorrow, full time.. Grrrrr!

amylou7777
01-02-2008, 01:13 AM
Happy New Year Everyone! Here's to a happy and healthy 2008!

Dbf and I had a great NYE, a fancy dinner and then a small party with a few friends. Didn't go overboard at all, and it felt good!

Joni, Emily-I browsed through Skinny B* on Amazon....from the blurb I got to read it sounds right up my ally! I'm going to go grab it tomorrow and try to read it before I go back to school/work!

Joni-your local challenge sounds like a great way to stay motivated....who organizes it for you??

Kimberly-loving the new hair! Looks great!

Lettie! Glad you are home safe and sound from your trip to Florida!

I too love flylady. I started it this summer, and right about the time I started to slip up on eating right, I also started to slip up on flylady. I need to get back on track now that school is starting again.

Hi Stephanie! I love your avatar! Get on here often for some motivation!

Where is Carrie, Liza, NICOLE?! And so many others? Katy? Come back!

Good night all!

bayoubelle68
01-02-2008, 01:19 AM
Kimberly - there are a lot of really good online resources to help you read the Bible through in a year. One of my favorites is www.bibleinayear.org If you sign up, you'll receive daily emails to tell you which verses to read to help you achieve your goal. There's also www.oneyearbible.com If you go to the site, there's a daily schedule. You don't just start in Genesis and work your way through. You actually start on day one reading from Genesis, Matthew, Psalms, and Proverbs. By the way - love your new do!

bradleys mom
01-02-2008, 07:48 AM
Thanks Felicia, I'll check those out!!!

Tunde
01-02-2008, 09:00 AM
I had a good success last year on the program, would like to try it myself before going back to the center, etc.. Re-gained some weight and some bad habits. Would like to buddy up with some people who are giving the program a new shot. Starting with the 2 day protein fix and will move on. Would like to substitute the Luna bars and the Knuedsen juice for the beginning. Great to hear everyone's thoughts on the program.

aguerin
01-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Happy New Year All! Glad to see everyone had a safe NY and stayed close to plan. We kept it low key and just stayed at home. DH was not feeling well and I for one don't care for the party scene.

My Non-Weight related New Years Resolutions are: 1) Make an effort to be nicer to everyone 2) If I don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all (that one will be tough).

Its pretty cold here for Alabama. 32 is going to be the high to day. I am freezing. I couldn't live up north.

Kimberly - Love the New Hair.

Dan2112
01-02-2008, 10:03 AM
Mornin' gals!

Cold? You think you gotta go up north for cold weather, Amy? It was 15 degrees in Albuquerque this morning and 10 degrees up here in Santa Fe when I got to the office!

Be one with your POP!

zambejaly5
01-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Kimberly - there are a lot of really good online resources to help you read the Bible through in a year. One of my favorites is www.bibleinayear.org If you sign up, you'll receive daily emails to tell you which verses to read to help you achieve your goal. There's also www.oneyearbible.com If you go to the site, there's a daily schedule. You don't just start in Genesis and work your way through. You actually start on day one reading from Genesis, Matthew, Psalms, and Proverbs. By the way - love your new do!

I just found a cool one too,

eword.gospelcom.net/year

you pick your language, your bible version, your reading plan (like if you read it straight through or bits of old
and new at the same time or in the order they were written historically, etc...)
then you pick your start date. so if you miss Jan 1, no worries it starts your
year when you pick and you go a year from there., then it gives you which
passages to read each given day and you read them online. after you read them,
it crosses it off for you!!! it is so cool.....

Dan2112
01-02-2008, 10:29 AM
All this Bible talk has got me thinking..

We need us an "Olde Time" weight loss revival!

We could set up a tent with elipticals instead of pews...

*KAZOTT!* as I get struck by lightening... :lol:

All kidding aside, it's obvious with the new year, there are a lot of new people here.. I haven't seen the board this active in a long while.. This is insentive for us "old timers" here to get seriously back in the game, whether its with weight loss or maintenance...

sscott
01-02-2008, 10:37 AM
Good morning everyone! How are my fellow TO buddies doing today? I hope you are off to a good start. I am hungry, but that is alright. I need to rid my body of the crap I put in it the last week. I am very mad at myself! My goal is to be POP until my DD 1st birthday on the 17th of February. Can I do it?!?!?

My DH was going to TO with me, but he is home with a terrible cold. I've tried to TO before when I was sick and it doesn't work well. I think your body just needs to energy to get well.

Bless your hearts, but you guys don't know cold until you live in North Dakota. :) My in-laws are from NC and they freeze to death when they come up here. I heard on the radio this morning that the wind chill was somewhere around 30 below! Yicks, it is cold here today! Supposed to be in the teens by Saturday! Yeah! But, when you are not used to the cold I am sure it is so much worse. Wear layers and layers of clothes :)

Well, school started today, so I better get back to work and figure out what I am going to teach the rest of the day. As much as I would still love to be home with my DD, it is nice to have a routine back. I am such a routine freak!

Who is it again that does in home daycare? I would love to chat with you about it. I am thinking about making a change next year!

winkie03
01-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Just doing a quick site drive-by!! Happy New Year to all! (oldies that remember me, and newbies alike) Hopefully I'll be logging in more to chat. Wanted to let all of you know that I'm still alive and kicking and keeping the weight off! So proud that I've kept the weight off and didn't gain anything these past holidays! Whoo-hoo!

Dan2112
01-02-2008, 10:51 AM
Evette!!!! Great to see you and to see you're keeping it off.. Way to go!!!

winkie03
01-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Thanks Dan!!! Looking good!! I've got to catch up on so much. Hope you, Liz and your family had a great Christmas and New Years!

zambejaly5
01-02-2008, 11:36 AM
WOW... Flylady sounds awesome! Im going right now to sign up... BUT can she come follow me around every day?? :dizzy:

I started a thread just for those of us who are wanting to get FLYing this year., Look for FLYing LAWLers.......

My hope is that we can use that thread to keep each other FLYing straight

zambejaly5
01-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Hey!! it evette! good to see you around!

amylou7777
01-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Good Morning!

Wow, Evette, I wasn't around when you were losing, but I've heard your name and am absolutely inspired to see your post! Congrats on keeping the weight off!

Stacy- I'm a routine freak too-but I am finally getting a few days off this week and am really enjoying it! GL getting back into the routine. I know Katie runs a day care....maybe someone else too?

Lettie-I'm going to be checking into the FLYING thread...great idea!

Wow Dan, I didn't know it got that cold there! I can't imagine living in ND....Nor Cal is cold enough for me!

Big plans to be POP today! I slipped up a little last night, but doing well overall!

MTdebster921
01-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Evette- Great to see you!!! Awesome job on keeping the weight off you skinny thing! Love the new hairdo!!

Kimberly- Love the new do. It looks very cute on you.

Crystal,Tunde - Welcome aboard

Jason- How the heck have you been?!?

Stephanie- Love the new avatar. It's good to "see" you.

Joni- your local competition sounds cool. I hope you find a 5th person.

Angie- Stranger!! Keep coming back here! I too joined in TBL challenge.

Lettie- Welcome home!

First day of TO is going pretty good, nothing to complain about yet.

DH and I watched TBL last night. It was good motivation and an eye opener since I used to be that heavy. At my heaviest, I was bigger than the lady in yellow that was upset because she was the heaviest lady. Never again. I set the DVR for it so I won't miss any of the episodes.

Have a great POP day everybody

amylou7777
01-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Hi Deb!

I watched TBL couples as well. You'd think it would be inspirational, but I managed to have a piece of sees candy during a commercial break?! ACK! BUT the candy is gone, the house is purged and I'm ready to be whole heartedly POP.

I can't wait to move my ticker!

aguerin
01-02-2008, 12:58 PM
I guess it is going to be a Soup day for lots of people across the US today trying to get warm.

Welcome back Debster. We have missed you. You may have been back a while, but I a have been MIA for a few days due to the Holidays.

Question / Confirmation. I was on Plan 2 using Lunas. I have finally used up all my lunas and am going to kick the $60.00 a month habit. Aren't I suppose to move up to plan 3? Thats what I am starting today, I just wanted somebody to confirm that for me. My Current weight (after Holiday binges) is 149. Yep, Cost me 5-7 pounds. But thats O.K. it was worth it. It will come off in no time and it is the winter right? Aren't we suppose to fatten up to make it through the cold months ahead? Thats what the bears do anyway.

MTdebster921
01-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Amylou- Shame on you for the candy, but good for you on purging the house. We went through the kitchen and pantry on Monday evening and threw out all the things that weren't allowed (the dogs got a lot of snacks that night) and none shall be brought back into the house. If I don't see it, I can't eat it!!

Amy- Thanks for the welcome back. I honestly have only been back a few days. What extra do you get on plan 3? I was told that the both lites equaled 1/2 a protein and a starch, but you know everybody gets told something different. But yea, probably moving up to plan 3 would be the right way to go.

It's been in the 30's here in Montana forever, our problem lately is the extremely cold wind. Someone mentioned the 50 mph gusts being so bad where they were, heck that is a breeze up here. I'm cold all the time now, so there are blankets all over the house and I am usually in layers all the time. When I went to work yesterday at 6:30 am it was -3. Brrr cold.

Angie
01-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Amylou - Thanks for the warm welcome back! I just went out and did some shopping today, so I'm ready to begin my TO tomorrow. Ready in the fridge anyway, I'm sure my over indulged free-will is in for a shock! I am in the middle of a house cleaning binge too, so it will feel good to clean up my house, my body and hopefully my mind too for the new year.

Katie -- I'm so glad to see you too! It's a little funny, because I'm so happy to have some familiar faces to come back too, but I'm sorry too, because I know it means that you are in the same boat as I am. You're right, we can start fresh together.

Dan -- Good to see you! I see you've been still patrolling the neighbourhood for salt offenders...good work! Yes, bad food slowly crept back into our house and our life in the name of 'convenience'...and drive-thrus became a part of our lives again, but that's behind me now. The cupboards are junk free, the bread is full of fibre, the fridge is full of fruit...I'm ready to go.

Felicia -- Your photo looks great! I can see such a difference in your lovely face. You must have been doing good work over the last few months.

Joni -- Hi there! Good to see you here, I missed you, and really appreciated you checking in on me while I was gone. Thanks! Your new challenge with your friends sounds very motivating, good luck in that.

MTDeb -- I'm so glad you are still posting too. I watched TBL last night too, I'm working up all my motivation to do well this time around. Isn't it amazing the amounts of weight they lose? Is that in one week??? I tried to check out their website to see what kind of eating/exercise plan they were doing exactly, but of course, you have to subscribe. I didn't do it, but I still might. I never sweat like that when I work out...maybe I should!

Our New Years Eve was quiet and completely sober for me. We just hung out with my mom and my aunt and our son. We played yahtzee and watched movies...nice and quiet. My resolution will be to pay off debt and save some money. I find I'm always so stressed about money, and I need to do something to make myself feel more at ease, even if it involves some uncomfortable belt tightening. I expect some happy consequences from that one too...feeling less stressed about money will make it easier not to overindulge in food since I won't be as stressed. Plus, I'll try to find more free fun things to do...more trips to the park or snow fun (skating, sledding) with Cameron is a plus since it means more time/focus on him, and also some fun exercise. More exercise is also a resolution, although I started it just a few weeks ago when I got a treadmill for Xmas. I really feel like not exercising really held me back last time I started this plan.

Hi to Paula, Emily, Debbie, Alannah (we got that same dumping of snow you mentioned), Karen, Michelle, Crystal, Jason, Stacy, Rose, Kimberly, Lettie! (I love flylady!), Stephanie, Tunde, Evette, & Amy!

Happy New Year! :newyear:

BarbaraB
01-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Happy New Year all my 3 fat chick LAWL friends!

Thank goodness the holiday madness has now passed!!!! I did not do so great this year eating healthy over the holidays. So time to recommit to eating healthy and not letting the fact that I slipped a bit turn into allowing myself to return to being obese. I many never be model thin, but I can be a healthier and fit me. I did exercise like crazy, so at least I burned off a few of the bad things I ate....

Kimberly, love the new hair cut and you are looking great.

Amy, I think that if we return to eating healthy that most of the holiday weight gain will be gone within a week. I already feel lighter after just one day of eating back on plan.

Good to see all the old timers back to check in for the new year!

Katy66
01-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Happy New Year! I've been MIA for a week or so because of the holidays. I was all set to get back on track by doing TO today and tomorrow when I came down with a horrible cold yesterday / last night. Just didn't think I could manage without some fruit / vitamin C... I am eating on plan though and have been getting my water in which is WAY MORE than I have done since Thanksgiving:) Good to know that all of you are back on or never left the wagon of good eating habits. Hope that 2008 is the year we all reach our goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EmilyLashea
01-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Hello All :)

Amy- You're right.. it is freezing here! I think a lot of the problem is the up and down on the temps... But, it's just too much for me! :(

Lettie- Glad you made it back safe and sound from your vacation. I'm going to have to check out Flylady and see what it's all about.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

I'll go back thru the posts later, I'm at work right now and really shouldn't even be on here.. :( But.. I must go feed my other addiction (myspace) right quick while I have a minute! :dizzy:

Repo girl
01-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Hi Deb!

I watched TBL couples as well. You'd think it would be inspirational, but I managed to have a piece of sees candy during a commercial break?! ACK! BUT the candy is gone, the house is purged and I'm ready to be whole heartedly POP.

I can't wait to move my ticker!

That is too funny. Sounds like the kind of stuff I do. At least it is gone now, right?

Repo girl
01-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Deb- We have been having similar weather here as well. A lot more snow than recent years too, which thrills the farmers. My DH bought us a Hummer H2 on Halloween. I have been hating the gas mileage, but I really love it now that the roads have gotten so crappy. It feels so warm and safe.

Evette- So goo to see you around. You look fantastic, and as always, my shero!

Angie- I am amazed at how easily I have slipped back into being naughty. I have one pair of jeans and one pair of work pants that fit. I am fighting with buying more or getting by until I shrink back into the piles of cute clothes that I am not fitting into right now. I do not want to own this weight, you know?

Stacy- I did in home daycare for about 7 years, then quit to direct a large commercial center. I just put my notice in to owner of the center. I am quitting there to open up at home again. I have had a hard time at the center. I have been there for 1 1/2 years now, and still do not have a contract in writing. The owner is constantly trying to change what he wants to pay me, among other things. Anyway, I liked working for myself more. I am more able to trust my own intuition and do what I see fit. Also, I make a lot more money this way. So......Jan 31 is my last day there, Feb 1 is my first day back home. I can't wait.

News Years Intentions- Meditate for at least 15 minutes a day, become financially free, do something nice for myself everyday, no matter what, keep a journal, move my body everyday, and apply the flylady techniques to keep myself more organized.

Keep on keeping on, everyone!!!!

Joni135
01-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Kim - I missed the beginning of TBL, but caught the last hour of TBL - it just didn't feel like a Tuesday night! The show was good and, as always, I enjoyed watching. Funny, I saw those DVDs on QVC while channel flipping. I never watch that show cause I'd go broke for sure.

Amy - The Better Weight Challenge is organized by our county recreation department. I've got my fifth member and our team will go do our weigh in this Saturday morning! I'm excited about this because it's a little unique and it's for the long haul....five months and once again, I'm the leader of our little team so I have to be somewhat accountable. I really want to make this work!

Amy the Bear - it's frickin freezing in Atlanta too. Single digits tonight. I'm not going anywhere!! brrrrrrr. Sorry I cannot help with the plan numbers, but I, too, don't do the bars and think added 1 protein and a veggie to compensate for the lack of a bar (I see someone said a starch, but I think I opted for the better exchange - a veggie).

I must confess...I picked up a couple of those FiberOne bars (the chewy gooey ones) at the Dollar Store last night and they are so good. I still love my sweets.

"We need us an "Olde Time" weight loss revival! We could set up a tent with elipticals instead of pews... Brother Dan - As God is my witness, if you do this I will come!! LOL

Stacy - Repo Girl / Katie does daycare. If I did daycare, there would probably be no children left in this world....JUST KIDDING

OMG Evette -- you cut off all your hair!! Looking good girlfriend and we are still so very proud of you!

Angie - good to have you back. I've always loved your avatar picture....how old is Cameron now?

Katy - Onederland by Valentine's day....great goal and you can DO IT!

Katie - can I steal all your resolutions? I really, really need to figure out a way to relax, meditate, etc. I'll start slow and say I'll make it to one yoga class per week.

ferrarimomof2
01-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Hello all and HAPPY NEW YEAR.

I haven't been on in a couple of days. I still need to catch up on my reading but wanted to chime in. I hope that everyone had a great New Years day. I went to weigh in today and was down 1.2 lbs. So, that is 13 3/4 for the 4 weeks I have been on plan and I have lost 6 1/2 inches. I was so happy to see a loss since I didn't do so well New Year's eve. Well, I better go cook dinner and I will try to check in later.

bradleys mom
01-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Joni - Yea I guess am lucky I dont have a QVC card, because it would be MAXED out. I'm a pushover when it comes to infomercials and such, (By the way DONT buy the H20 mop...)

Dan - I am so LMBO at you and your revival...

So I shined my sink today... And it kicked off a whole kitchen shining... But Im still not sure that I am motivated enough for day 2 just yet... Tomorrow is my last day to be lazy before I go back to work!

Hi Evette and Angie!

Good Job on being down at WI Dionne!

Hi back to ya Emily!

Thanks for all the hair comments.. I still have mixed feelings about it! Especially on days when I dont want to fix it, and CAN'T pull it back into a ponytail!

Where are you again Katie.. Somedays I just need someone to take the little one for a while (and not complain about it...lol)

Katy - When I was sick I made the egg drop soup that is in the Cookbook. If you dont have the recipe PM me and I will give it to you. It made me feel lots better!

I love the bible reading websites. So far I have signed up for one, but keeping the others in mind...

Welcome to the newbies, and those who have just kinda been astray for a while! It seems everyone is updating their avatars, for the new year perhaps, We look AWESOME!!

cecil
01-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Hi all! No time for personals!
I will go to WI tomorrow. And let me tell you, I am nervous. I haven't been in since Sat. And I had such a huge drop I am sure it was too good to be true. So wish me luck. I will try and check in tomorrow with the results. I put up a picture finally, or I mean Avatar. I am noticing I look really pale. Ha! I need a TAN! Have a great day!

cecil
01-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Kim we were posting at the same time! I love the hair cut! I used to have have hair that short I did pig tails and wore them low. That was my savior! Ha!

bradleys mom
01-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Omigosh, I never thought about pigtails! How cute! lol Thanks!!

Angie
01-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Katie -- It was scary how fast my habits changed. I'm finding my clothes don't fit anymore either, and I hated to have to ask for size 18 for Christmas. No more shopping for me until I'm down a size or two.

Joni -- Thank you about the picture! Cameron is turning 3 this Sunday actually. We are going to take a few friends and family to see a movie (Alvin and the Chipmunks) then back to our place for some coffee and cake. He's pretty excited, and has already found some of his birthday presents. I forgot about two little hockey sticks I bought, and he saw them in the car tonight. If you haven't had a dose of sweetness lately, I have to tell you he's just cuter than ever right now. He covers my face in kisses constantly, tells me he loves me about 10 times a day, and always wants 'huggies'. He just got the animated movie "Tarzan" for Christmas, and he copies some of the scenes. The cutest is when he puts his head on my chest to listen to my 'heartbeep'. Here's a picture of his latest 'cool guy' haircut. (It doesn't always look like this, but he feels so proud when we do this.) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/suziewan/Picture022.jpg?t=1199317287

Kimberly -- I didn't see your 'before' hair, but I really love your cut. Its very cute and stylish.

Repo girl
01-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Angie- He is the cutest thing! Love the hair cut.

Cecilia- Think positive, "C'mon, big losses, big losses, no whammies, no whammies!" Good luck at WI!

cecil
01-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks Katie! I know. I am just worried with all the Endulging! ha! So glad the holidays are over! Time to start anew! Whoo hoooo!

traceym1
01-02-2008, 08:02 PM
HI
I am new to this board. I really love this program because it is the only thing that has actually worked and changed the way I think at the same time. I am glad I found these boards you all sound great! I am on the Blue plan but am interested to know the corresponding color plan and how they differ.

Thank you
Tracey

Joni135
01-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Oh Angie - that picture is a riot. I wonder what he'll think of that hairstyle when he's 30!!???? LOL

I was watching the show "Extra" and they were talking about the new People magazine that comes out on Friday "Half Their Size." One of the gals lost over 100 lbs on - you guessed it - LAWL!!

Hi Tracy and good luck. You said you are on the blue plan so I assume you want to know the NUMBER plan. Sorry I cannot help you there since I stopped going to a COD a while back.

Cecil - don't fret your WI. I'll bet you'll do fine. Oh, the days of weighing in. When you least expect it, a huge drop and then when you are good for weeks on end, you get rewarded with a 1/10th of a lb loss. Sheesh!

honey55bun
01-02-2008, 08:38 PM
hi all, you guys and gals are really active. I hope no one minds but I am going to do a brief bio. I tried to scroll through all the bios in the sticky to get to know some of you and get it all straight in my head, but got tired of trying to find it.
So, anyway..I am a clinical director/child therapist at a Rape crisis center in Kentucky. I am a 34 yo wife and mother of 2 girls. I am thinking about having one more child but waiting at least a year to try.

I probably won't have enough time to personally address everyone on the board, but will try.

thanks for welcoming me to the group.
Crystal

cecil
01-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Hiya Crystal! Our numbers are pretty close to the same! That is always exciting to me! I started at 205.2.

ferrarimomof2
01-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Cecil- you will do fine with the WI. I was scared to go today but I was down and I am sure you will be also. Keep a positive attitude. That is what my husband keeps telling me so I figure I can share the attitude.

honey55bun
01-02-2008, 09:20 PM
thanks cecil. we are the same height too!

sscott
01-02-2008, 09:46 PM
You guys are all so chatty lately...I can't keep up, but I love trying :) I don't have a lot of time tonight. My husband is waiting for me to come and watch the UNC Tarheel basketball game. We DVRed it until the baby went to bed.

Welcome Tracey! You came to the right place!

Cecil - I'm with you about WI. I haven't been in almost 2 weeks because I am afraid. Some the the counselors (and I use that word loosely) tend to lecture when you've been "bad" so i am going to wait until I am done with my TO first. It shouldn't have to be this way. I notice you are a fellow ND girl. Where about?

sscott
01-02-2008, 09:53 PM
The reason in came on tonight was to ask a specific question, but I got distracted! I am currently using LA Lites and really enjoy them. They help with my sweet tooth, but I hate the price. I bought the ones I have on Ebay, but the demand must really be up for those because prices there have soared as well. I am thinking it is due to the pure centers closing. Anyway, I know Luna bars have been used as alternatives, but I am not crazy about them. What else have you guys used? Any suggestions?

bayoubelle68
01-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Stacy - I don't have an answer to that one, but I know lots of folks on here use alternative bars, so you're sure to get an answer soon.

I am DREADING going to the COD. I should have gone today, but I've decided to wait until Saturday. I'm trying so hard to get back on track! I've really been just tooting around since Thanksgiving - just halfway doing everything. I'm resolved to getting back with it. I was making out some menus tonight and actually had a hard time remembering what I used to do! Pitiful, I know. One thing I have got to get away from for awhile is casseroles and just go back to basics - chicken breasts, veggies, etc. I do much better when I have meals made up of components rather than casseroles and stuff like that. Even when I know the points, I still screw up because I end up eating more than I should.

I can't find my original plan book anywhere, so I may be asking a lot of newbie questions like "how many points in this?" etc. Bear with me! My COD put me and DH back on the old Red 1 plan when the new numbered plan didn't work for us. That's great except that they can't give us plan books or diaries.

Tomorrow I have my annual visit with the gyn and for once, I'm actually not dreading it. Of course, I'm dreading the exam part - who doesn't? - but I'm excited for my doc to see my weightloss. He has NEVER fussed about my weight because my cholesterol count and blood pressure are lower than his (genetics), but I know he will be thrilled at my success thus far. My goal for next year's visit is for him not to recognize me when I go in!

Oh, well...off to tell night-night stories and sing lullabies!

amylou7777
01-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Angie-Cameron is adorable! I love the picture and the hair!

Joni-your challenge sounds awesome. Take advantage of being the leader and get focused! We know you can do it!

Cecil- I love the avatar. It helps so much to see faces on here! GL at w/i

Hi Dionne!

welcome Crystal!

Felicia- wow looking forward to the gyno?! Jk, I actually feel the exact same way. I can't wait for her to see how much weight I've lost....
I'm with you on getting back on track. I've been doing it half way since November and it's just got to stop! I've saved all of my old diaries and want to look through them to see what I used to eat!

Stacy- your family pic is so cute! Take the nutrition info from the lite box to wal mart or the grocery store and look for a bar in the health food section that is similar to the lites in calories and protein. I think Slim fast has a bar, as well as kashi. Sorry I can't be much help. I'm still using lites.

Tuesday Cool
01-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Well my COD is closed. I am confused as they told me they were franchise and all their letterhead is franchise, they did not go by "PURE" but indeed they are gone. I was pointed toward "LAWL To Go" where you weigh in at home and speak with a counselor three times a week. I am glad I did not buy the bulk bars! I have not gotten a hold of a counselor and frankly have more faith in this group in getting me to my goal!
I forced myself to eat today, whats that about? I am sick of eating after the holidays, have a cold and really would prefer to not eat but one has to live.
Long live the weight loss, Tues

MTdebster921
01-03-2008, 12:50 AM
Crystal- We don't expect everybody to do personals, so don't feel overwhelmed about it. Just do what you can and just check in on a regular basis to let us know how you are doing. This is actually pretty slow, there are times we've had 400 posts in one week, then it really is hard to keep up.

Stacy- I would do what Amylou suggested, there are lots of different bars out there now. I had one the other day that was really good and the nutritionals were just about the same. I'm pretty sure it was a GenSoy bar and the flavor was mixed berries.

Angie- I love love love that pic of Cameron, he is such a cutie.

Tracey- Welcome to the group!

ok, tummy is starting to growl. I'd better get to bed before I detour to the fridge.

zambejaly5
01-03-2008, 07:34 AM
morning!!! wow, I am the first one up. I have two days under my belt and am already down 2.2! I know most of that is water and eating out food that ..... lingered..... you know.... because there has been alot of "going" at both places...... ok enough.

I am not going to change my ticker until monday though that will be my weigh in day and I am only going to change the ticker on that day so I don't get caught up in the daily yoyo.

well it is off to Lunch Lady Land for me! I have done my flylady AM routine, and fit in 30 min of treadmill. now I am off to have some water and my breakfast.

Funny. I had supper at 4:30 last night. I have talked with several people who say that have stopped eating after 5 and have lost weight just from that. So I thought that would be a good cut off for me. But I lay in bed last night at about 9 and I was so hungery.... but now I feel fine and am going to have to go force myself to eat some breakfast.

I still haven't quite figured out how to eat at work. I get there at 8 and we have our lunch break at 10! then I don't really get much of a break until 2 when I get off. at 10 we can eat what ever we want from what we fixed for the day in the cafeteria. that doesn't help. but I am thinking that will be a good time to get in a bunch of my fruits and veggies. but then I am starving by 2....... yikes.....

ok. got to run,. see you all this afternoon.

POP!!!

aguerin
01-03-2008, 08:57 AM
Good Morning all.

Tuesday - You can do this without the COD. Just stay tuned to this board and we will guide/incourage you. Be glad you didn't invest in the bars.

Congrats and Welcome to those who are just starting with this new commitment and Good Luck. Be sure to read the Sticky's at the top of this site for some valuable tips and information.

O.K. so yesterday starting on Plan 3 w/o the lites was fairly good. My Plan will be: 3P, 4V, 3F, 4S, 2D, 2Fat. I know there is some variation in them from what I have seen. So I will be adding .5 Protein, 1 V, 1 Fruit and 1 Starch. It seemed like a lot more food so I was happy witih the trade-off. My wallet will be also.

Hope everyone has a POP Day. Remember as Felicia says Make Good Choices Today.

Repo girl
01-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Morning all. I am back at work today until the 31st of Jan. It really feels weird to be here. I hope that they hire a new director fast so that I can get the heck out of here.

Welcome Tracy and Crystal!

Lettie- Sounds like you need some protein with all of those fruits and veggies, huh?

Stacy- The Kashi Go Lean bars are good, just make sure you get the big ones, not the snack ones. The South Beach Diet ones are pretty good too.

Today I will shrink a little!!!

MomOfThreeTeens
01-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Good morning everybody!! Back to work for me today, ugh! I havent been here since December 17th!

Welcome to all the new people! This plan is great and it works IF you work it!

Angie!! Welcome back chickie! Cameron is adorable!

Katie!! Welcome back to you too! Lots of oldie but goodies returning to the fold! Great to "see" you guys!

Deb! Welcome back to you too!

Joni-I finally got brave and went and talked to our neighbor about her outside dogs. It was going to get down in the teens here and I couldnt sleep thinking about those dogs so I stopped and knocked on her door. My sister had an empty doghouse and I asked the lady if she could use it. I went and bought dogfood and straw for their houses and made her help me put everything in before I left. I was making sure those babies were taken care of before I left! Found out she lost her job and shes really struggling. I'm doing what I can to make sure the dogs are taken care of. The dogfood fairy is gonna drop food off occasionally so I make sure the dogs get fed :-) The boxers name is Gator and shes a sweetheart, gave me kisses all over my face! LOL The lady hugged me when I left and told me, its not often that somebody shows up out of the blue to show they care about you, then she thanked me. Made me cry!

Kimberly LOVE the haircut, adorable! My cousin just cut 10 inches off to donate to Locks for Love.

Repo girl
01-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Kim- You are an angel. How wonderful that you made sure that those dogs are taken care of.

MomOfThreeTeens
01-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Katie-I just kept thinking about my spoiled dog sleeping in her thermal jammies, snuggled in mommies bed and it about broke my heart! The lady told me her car is torn up, I asked her if she needed help getting it fixed, told her our church has a program to help people in the community that does things like that. She couldnt believe that somebody would help her. It scared me to stop, they are a rough bunch but she just needs help and for some reason God put her in my mind and I couldnt ignore it anymore.

traceym1
01-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Hi,
I have tried the Luna and the Pria bars. I found both at Walmart. The numbered plans sound like alot more food. Anybody know how many numbers and what they consist of and how they differ from the color plans?
Thanks
Tracey

Debbie24
01-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Mornin' ladies & gents!!

Yesterday was my 1st day on the right plan and today at my morning WI i was down 1lb, not much but i'm happy with it since i shouldnt be losing much more than 1lb a week anyway because of breastfeeding. I'll be updating my ticker every Monday.

Lettie - i was going to ask at what time everyone has their last meal because i really try to get everything in by 7:30 the latest but with so much food & running after 3 kids all day i find it hard. I definitely try to have dinner at 7:30 but after that i would have a fruit or a veggie or something. I dont go to bed until 12:30am or so, so i'm figuring its not so bad.

Question -

What time do all of you have your last meal of the day?

Hope everyone has a POP day!!!

Angie
01-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Amylou & MT Deb -- Thanks for the compliment on Cameron and his hair. It's hard to resist showing him off, and telling his stories. I appreciate the indulgence!

Tuesday -- Sorry about your center closing. I've stopped going to a COD, but the door at my old one was locked midday last week when I stopped by that area. I wonder if the Canadian ones will begin closing too?

Morning Lettie -- I used to have a friend who was a personal trainer and she always said that anyone could lose weight if they just stopped eating complex carbs after 5:00 each day. I think there is something to that, and what you heard. I find it hard to break the routine of carbs in the evening though, how about you?

Katie -- Going back to work when you know you are leaving, that has to be far worse than going back to any other job. Bleck. I hope it goes by quickly for you.

Kim -- Hi there! That is such a nice story about your neighbour and the dogs. You are so kind to have thought of them.

Tracey -- I'm not sure, because it's been quite awhile since I've been here regularly, but I think the numbered plans give you more exchanges, but smaller portions. I'm sure you'll get a more complete answer from someone else.

Debbie -- The latest we tend to eat dinner is 6:00-7:00 because my DS goes to bed at 8:00, so that doesn't leave a lot of time for bedtime routines. Sometimes we eat as early as 5:00 if I know my DH won't be home at regular dinner time anyway.

So, I had my first WI this morning, to get a starting point. I'm 10 lbs lighter than I was when I started last January...so rather than lamenting the weight I've gained back, I'll celebrate that I lost 10lbs in 2007, and try for better in 2008. I'm doing my FF today and tomorrow, with grapefruit, so wish me luck. I'm hoping for dramatic results...30-40lbs maybe? lol.

chiquita623
01-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Lots of new and old faces around here lately - isn't that fabulous. We know we can do this because we've done it before and gotten lazy about our routines and habits. With the new year, I am recommitting to this plan. I have only been hanging on with one hand lately and with the holidays 5 pounds crept back on. I am going to hang onto this wagon with both hands now and lose the 5 pounds and get to my goal this year. That is my creed.

Someone asked what time we ate dinner - I usually have dinner between 5:30 and 6:30 and my last snack of the day around 8:00.

I have a busy couple of days ahead but will try to check back in later. I find that I am more mindful of what I eat when I'm accountable to someone. Since my COD closed - you guys are now my conscience. I've already been off plan this morning but will do better beginning right now!!

Later!!

almsthere
01-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Hello, everyone! I just had to post this morning...too excited...that I am down 4 lbs! I joined this online community on NYE at 147.5. And now I am already 143.5! :carrot:
Of course, this is after 3 days of being intensity POP and w/i daily. Oh, and drinking water! I love this program and LOVE this community! The support you give each other is amazing! Thanks for answering any questions I have! I am really motivated now to stay on task. You know something, I have really had to watch everything that I TRIED to put in my mouth as I was cooking. No wonder they have us right everything down... I was doing A LOT of mindless eating and late night emotional eating after the kids were in bed.

Am I understanding correctly that there is no dropdown from Purple no lites plan???

winkie03
01-03-2008, 11:14 AM
HELLO ALL!!!! Thank you for the kind words and yep, I chopped off all my hair. You know.....had to do the POSH thing. Isn't it funny how most ladies chop off their hair when they've lost the weight? It's like we were hiding behind our long hair when we were overweight....what's that all about?

Anyway, have a great day everyone and stay POP!!

Dan2112
01-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Evette.. How funny.. Liz did the same thing...

Tuesday... Don't give up on talking to the counselors.. I REALLY wish I had a COD to keep me accountable as I approached my goal.. It probably would have happened a lot quicker, even if it was over the phone.

Don't get me wrong.. The support and help this community has given Liz and me has been invaluable.. Don't know if I could have done it without y'all, but it also helped to have the Counselors as well.. The two combined kept me focused.

Welcome Tracey and Crystal (if I didn't welcome you before...)!!!!

Almsthere - Fantastic job on the loss.. The point is to maintain that POP intensity.. It's never going to be easy, but eventually it will become routine...

For you newbies to the plan, listen to your counselors when they tell you that you can't deviate from the plan at all.. This program really works, but if you cheat, even a little at first, it throws you out of whack!

Here endeth today's lesson...

I found out today that Rush will continue it's tour and will be stopping in Albuquerque.. I don't know when yet, but I've been doing a happy dance all morning!!!!!!!!!!

bradleys mom
01-03-2008, 11:33 AM
WOW awesome job with all the losses this morning. I was also down 1 lb this morning. Feels good to be back on track. Even though I did go over 1/2 starch yesterday, I didnt screw up!!!

I am going today to buy my books for Spring semester. I cant believe Christmas break is almost over! My first class is Tuesday night. They are remodeling the science building so our classes will be in a leftover FEMA trailer from Louisiana. I'm sure that will be loads of fun...
Hope everyone has a great POP Day!

Dan2112
01-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Good job Kimberly!..

I also meant to mention I was down this morning as well.. I had been up 3 lbs. above goal following Christmas, but this morning, I was back down below by 1 pound... Let's hope it keeps up (or down, rather)...

cecil
01-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Congrats on the loses! So proud of all of you!
Just so you all know I was right when I thought I was going to gain. Ha! I was up 2.4 which I expected because the last time I had WI was the day after my birthday and needless to say I was a bit dehydrated. ha! So back on my way. If I go by what I weighed before that WI. I am down 2. So that's not so bad. I will try to get back and get personal a little later! Ha ha!
POP!

cecil
01-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Oh yeah sorry Stacy I was in such a hurry! Ha!
I am in Fargo! Not so far I guess. Goodness! It is sooo cold!

Mama Nicole
01-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Hi friends. I have not yet WI since the holidays, but I am thinking maybe tomorrow. :lol:

I haven't read too much yet since my absence, but I will eventually get back into the swing of things.

Thank you all for missing me......I promise not to be such a shmuck this year :) I have been sooo busy with family, and there are a lot of changes going on in life right now (nothing horrid, we are all ok, just lots of stuff)......but I really am going to take better care of myself too......starting right now. So, again, thank you dear friends.....I have sooo missed you........and I will be back later on today :)
XOXO

amylou7777
01-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Wahooo Nicole is back! Can't wait for you to catch us up on what's been goiing on!

Congrats to all of the losers today!

I had to bite the bullet and finally w/i this morning for the first time. I'm up 3lbs. It was actually good to see that, bc I've been 3/4s POP the past three days, and like Dan said earlier, that is not good enough. You really have to be perfect consistently to see the steady losses. So-I'm going to try to plan my dinners for the next week, bc once school starts things are going to get hectic and I don't want that to be an excuse!

Joni- I forgot to mention that I saw the LAWL Woman who had lost over 100lbs on the Today show yesterday. WOW!!! She looked amazing and had nothing but great things to say about the plan. She's in the new People issue.

Good to see you Laurie!

I'm off to run some errands, Nicole....you better be back today!

amylou7777
01-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Oh, and Kim-you are so brave and so giving to do that for your neighbor. You never know how big of a difference you have made in someone's life. Maybe your generosity and your church's help can get her back on her feet! My heart aches for those doggies! You did a good thing!

MTdebster921
01-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Lettie- Are you still doing NS?

Kim- that is awesome what you did for your neighbor!! It makes your heart feel good to do wonderful things like that!

Debbie- I try to eat dinner between 5-6 and try to get my last snack in no later that 8. I don't work the same schedule every day, so sometimes I am at the mercy of my work schedule as to when I eat last.

Almsthere- Great loss. :cp: I love your enthusiasm! Keep it going. I would say that purple no lites is that same as green which is the lowest plan on the colored plans.

Kimberly & Dan- Yay on the losses.

Michelle & Cecila- Love the avatar pics. I love it when we can "see" who we are talking to.

Nicole is back YAY!!!:carrot::carrot:

aguerin
01-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Welcome Back Nichole. What will we ever do without You? Can't wait to hear those Christmas Stories.

Debster: I think that Gold w/o the lites is the lowest you can go. Because Green w/ lites is the lowest you can go with the lites.

Welcome back Angie and Evette. Good To see some of the re-starters. It always makes this board more fun with more people chatting and posting.

Amy/Kimberly - Good Luck on this next semester. I wish I had the guts to start back to school. Can't give an old dog new books. LOL

Congrats to you losers. That Christmas weight will melt right back off. I haven't weighed yet, cause I want a good drop before I step back on the scale.

I have been POP so far today. But I do have to start tracking my food again and getting my water in. Heres a little secret for you on the water intake 1) put the coke down and its easier to get it all in and 2) heat it up cause it freakin' cold where I'm at. I can't handle cold water in cold weather.

MTdebster921
01-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Amy- Oops you are right, I am all screwed up today! Sorry

Repo girl
01-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Yeah Nicole!!!! Good to see you! What a great run we are having these days! Y'all come back now, ya hear?

Good job to all of the losers and gainers. You all had the guts to get on the scale!

So, first day back at work, and the mud slinging has already begun. When I started here, the owner said a lot of bad things about the old Director, even went so far to say that she way stealing from him. After working here for a while, it became clear that she was not all of the bad things that he said she was. Anyway, now that I have put my notice in, the smear campaign has started on me. Maybe I won't be here another month.

cecil
01-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Really Katie? That stinks. It's too bad people have to be so immature. Sometimes I can't believe people are actually grown ups with the way they act. Hopefully you don't have to leave early.

zambejaly5
01-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Katie- yes, I threw some turkey on top of my salad. I had a salad with one cup of counting veggies, 2 oz. of turkey, and a pear and an apple.

Angie- love the carbs in the evening, : toast, a bowl of cereal, crackers..... mmmm BUT NO!!!!

Deb- yes.... well, now. I took the holidays off. I didn't want to lug food to florida. but yes I am back on. still loving it.

Good to see Nicole back.

Now I think I am going to take a nap. I have some kind of head cold thing moving in for the kill.
Later

Joni135
01-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Kim – you deserve a Good Samaritan medal!! Thank you so much for stepping in and helping out your neighbor and her dogs. You know I’m looking for a new brother for Emma, so if this lady ever gives you a hint that she needs to find Gator a home, let me know (seriously!). I may have to make a quick trip to TN to check things out.

Stacy –Lunas, Prio Completes, Kashi Go Lean bars or Chocolate PB Bliss Bar are some subs for the LA Lite bars.

Lettie/Debbie24 _I feel so much better when I cut off my eating by around 6 PM. I sleep better and I tend to be less achy and I KNOW that’s just a good rule of thumb (to stop eating about 3-4 hours before you go to bed).

Katie - well that just stinks. I hope you can talk to this daycare owner and tell him to address any concerns he has about you with YOU versus everyone else. We should all strive to treat others the way we would want to be treated. It's really not that difficult to implement! Sounds like he's the disgruntled boss who really doesn't deserve to be running a business of any sort, let alone a daycare establishment. Good luck and just keep doing
what you know is right and in the end, you will shine!

DH is coming home today. His mom has made some good progress over the past few days and he is supposed to return to work (after being on Family Leave) on Monday. We keep praying for continued strength and healing.

Dan - I made some breakfast burritos to have on hand. I used the La Tortilla torilla and just did scrambled eggs (4 egg whites and 2 whole eggs) and browned some Jenny-O turkey sausage and onions. They are quite tasty and I made up about 5 of them to have on hand.

Okay - need creative minds to help with this. What's a good name for a team of 5 ladies competing in a weight loss challenge comparable to The Biggest Loser show....you know...something like Diminishing Divas?
Cherokee Chick Challenge (Cherokee is the name of the county running the challenge)???

Repo girl
01-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Oooh, I like diminishing divas, what a cute name!

Lettie- That sounds like a really good lunch. Did it tide you over?

About my boss: I am determined to leave this job with a smile on my face. I am very excited about going back home to work. I just need to remember that when the ugly stuff happens. After all, it is his bad Karma, not mine, right? With that being said, I am vowing right now, in front of all of you, I will spend my last month at Little Academy happy and cheerful. I will behave like a professional. I will remember that it is just a job, it is not my life. I will laugh when I feel like crying. I will be kind and respectful. I will allow myself to be ME no matter what. And lastly, it will all work out just fine in the end. If I know this to be true, then it will be.

Hmmmmm, that did not have much to do with weight loss, but thanks for letting me vent and make that declaration!

bradleys mom
01-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Ok, No time for personals right now BUT...

I won tickets to the Winter Jam 2008 concert that is coming!! Heres a link...
http://www.wcqr.org/pages/events/winter-jam-send-win-2.shtml
scroll to the bottom and watch the video... I am soooo excited! Mandisa from American Idol is going to be there as well as MercyMe, BarlowGirl and others!

By the way I just cheated before I got on here... I has a couple pieces of thin crust pizza... Is it safe to say pizza is my weakness???

emmysmom
01-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Hi everyone! :wave:

I've been MIA for a few weeks. I've been lurking off and on, but everything's just been so busy. Hopefully things will start to get back to normal now.

Happy New Year my friends!!!

BarbaraB
01-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Kimberly, step away from the pizza! I know I just had lunch with the office free lunch and today we had thai food. Which was only a little bad, but still not quite so POP as I would like. Oh well... No starches for dinner... I will do OK, the office free Thursday lunches have always been a time when I do poorly. I avoided eating with everyone for a long time, or just ate the salad, but now.. I seem to eat with the group more, and it is such a social time. I guess I need to plan to have more exchanges.

I eat rather late in the day, as I usually am still at work at 6, and sometimes I am here at 7 too... So often times I'm late making dinner. Sometimes if I'm really late my DH makes dinner, since eventually he notices that he hasn't eaten, although not always, which is why he has never had a weight problem. I always notice if I've not eaten dinner. LOL! I do not have any snacks after dinner though. I try to save my snack for later in the afternoon, but lately I have fallen down on that. I have a rule, not before 2, but really I find myself saying 1:50, close enough!

Today my DD had to go and get deposed for a lawsuit. She rear ended a guy almost 3 years ago now, and even though his car sustained less than 1000$ in damage, he is suing us for medical costs. Apparently the doctor on call when he was taken to the emergency room seemed to think his symptoms were due to hyperventalation. Oh and he was about 30 and hit on my 16 year old daughter and only felt bad after she said no thanks... The police said she hit him going between 5-7 miles per hour. He was in a Lincoln Navigator, she was driving a tiny Saturn coupe. Anyway, if I thought at all that this guy was hurt in any way, well I would not be nearly as upset, but having someone think that they have some right to a whole lot of money (my money) when they were not particularly injured, it is just upsetting and it just hasn't gone away! I mean 3 years is a long time... Apparently my DD is an excellent witness (she does NOT fall apart under interrogation and blurt out anything she does not want you to know, I know I've tried). Oh well, the insurance is liable for the damage, and they hired the lawyer, but still... He had pre-existing back problems and he hyperventalated. That is not worth 50,000$ or more... And the letter they sent! It made me so mad. Claiming that he was stopped at the stop sign, well there is not a stop sign there and that my daughter hit him going at a high rate of speed. Really all that happened to his car is the bumper cover got torn off... there wasn't even a dent on his vehicle. Now my daughter's vehicle hit his trailer hitch and the trailer hitch did a number on her radiator and hood. I think the car was stopped by before it even hit his bumper. Oh well.. sorry this isn't about weight loss either, except for a bit of nervous eating while my DD was being deposed.

BarbaraB
01-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Tina! you posted while I was ranting! You look marvelous!

emmysmom
01-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Thanks Barbara!

What a fiasco you and your daughter are going through...people will sue over anything these days.

Joni135
01-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Hi Tina – cute new pic of you and Emmy

Lettie – that’s terrible about people trying to get rich by screwing around with the insurance company. In the end I sure hope this guy doesn’t get the money!

Katie – I loved your personal pledge….you may need to copy and post that and read it a few times a day.

Night all......

Repo girl
01-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Tina- Good to see you, you teeny little thing! How are things?

Barb- How ridiculous. Surely any court will see through this crap, right?

Joni- Thanks. I am going to print it and tape to my computer at work.

Have a good night everybody!

BarbaraB
01-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Katie, Your boss is probably just feeling betrayed because you are leaving and making the disappointment in losing you into a personal thing. Really if they valued you (or knew how to value their employees) you would not be leaving. Don't let them get you down.

I sure hope the court sees through this guy.... I was just horrified when we showed up to the sight of the accident and they were loading him into the ambulance and his friend who was a passenger was just laughing... Even then it did not seem right. I think they are just hoping to get something for nothing.

Joni, I think you got me and Lettie confused... I do kind of look like Lettie in that picture, although I don't have any coffee... that picture of Lettie always makes me feel like we are sitting down to tea.

Dan2112
01-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Kimberly - Pizza counts as a carb craver (1 protein), so it's not really cheating, unless they don't allow pizza anymore...

It's good that you had the thin crust...

Liz and I had pizza tonight too, but they were small pieces and we didn't have more than allowed.

dolphn545
01-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Hey Everybody! Happy New Year!

I'm exhausted just trying to catch up on reading everybody's posts!

Glad to see so many have been doing well. Wish I could say the same, but, well, you know how it goes.

I have my work holiday party tomorrow nite, so I'm sure I will be having a few liquid fruits/starches. I plan on doing TO on Saturday & Sunday. It should be ok, since I'm working this weekend, and won't have time to think about too much food.
I couldn't find the Knudsen's morning blend, so I bought V8 splash, hoping I can get the same/similar effects of it.

I will update my tickers & avator soon. I'm hoping to have a decent pic of me taken tomorrow before the party.

:wave: to everybody!

Angie
01-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Congratulations to all those who had a loss today!

Nicole -- Welcome back! I can't wait to start talking poop...although I am actually quite proud of our successes in that area. Hope you had a nice time at your folks place!

Amylou -- Nevermind those three pounds, you know what to do, and you've done so well already. You are halfway to your goal!

Amy -- It's freezing here in Toronto too...brr...it does make it tough to think of drinking water.

Katie -- I love that attitude! Who cares what mud he slings, you are above that and it will shine through when people see you carrying on as a professional.

Lettie -- I'm behind the times, but how did your move go? You sound so happy in your latest posts.

Joni -- Sorry to hear about your DMIL being ill. It's nice that your DH can take some family leave time to support her. How about Determined Divas or Driven Divas...I like the positive connotations.

Kimberly -- Congratulations on the concert tickets!

Tina -- Hi there! You look great, and I can't believe how close to goal you are!

Barb -- I work for an insurance company, and it's awful that people like that guy make such frivolous claims. It really makes it harder on those who really need it because the adjusters become jaded because of jerks like that. I hope your daughter's testimony will be enough to keep him from cashing in.

amylou7777
01-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Tina-SOOO good to see you back! I was beginning to wonder where you'd been! The new picture of you and Emmy is adorable! How were the holidays for you?

Barbara- Shame on this guy! And shame on the lawyer who is representing him (or in this case it's his insurance company). Unfortunately, this is all too common. I really hope it works out the way it should. Three years!?

Kimberly- at least it was thin crust! It is my weakness too, I try not to have it in the house. Don't let it trip you up, and like Dan says, count it as a protein.

Thanks Angie! My initial goal is not my final goal....but yes I'm halfway out of the 2s! I bet it's cold up there!!

Have fun at your party Sherry!

Katie-stay strong at work! Sounds absolutely horrible....

Joni- I'm glad DH will get to be home and that DMIL is on the mend!! We are thinking of you!

It is storming up here today-lots of rain and wind. I'm glad I have this week off so I can be home in front of the fire.

Oh, and I went out and bought Skinny B*---I'm halfway through it. It's pretty funny. But I don't think I want to be a vegetarian...

bradleys mom
01-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the info on the Pizza. I had very small pieces. I had to run all day and wasnt in the mood for cooking 2 separate meals. I dont feel as bad now! I am WI tomorrow at COD for the first time in 2 weeks. They are going to jump all over me!!! Okay now that I look at a calendar... Almost 3 weeks... YIKES! The good thing is my last WI at COD was in the middle of the day so I was about 3 lbs heavier than in the morning. I am weighing in first thing tomorrow morning! Maybe I will look like I have lost... he he heee!

Mama Nicole
01-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Okay - need creative minds to help with this. What's a good name for a team of 5 ladies competing in a weight loss challenge comparable to The Biggest Loser show....you know...something like Diminishing Divas?
Cherokee Chick Challenge (Cherokee is the name of the county running the challenge)???
Joni......are you setting up a new challenge and I missed it somewhere, or is this for something else?????........oh.....nevermind.....I just read the rest of your sentence. Pretty bad that it took me until I quoted it to really pay attention. Look, I don't really have ADD, I just......hey, look at that chicken.....:lol:. Just playin'!!!
Hey WTF is Kim(phin) anyway? :lol: I wrote it just that way so just incase she is lurking she HAS to respond to my vulgarity. She loves that $hit!!! :lol:
Ok, I am going to go watch ER now :) Have a great night everyone :) I just may brave the evil one (the sclae) in the a.m. And Angie.........I just wiped an a$$ a little bit ago (not mine) and thought of you :lol:
XOXO

CandlePrincess
01-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Well after much thought and searching back to see if i still had old program materials i've decided not to continue with LAWL. I had so much trouble finding something that worked well with my family life. I know the program works but I know that without going to the center for my twice weekly weigh in and accountability I won't be able to do it. I've finally crossed the bridge and decided to look into weight loss surgery. At this point it's the ONLY thing I haven't tried! Best of luck to ya'll! Keep up the good work!

CandlePrincess
01-03-2008, 11:58 PM
Just a quick kid update for those that knew me from before.....Still going round and round with the state about DFS#1...he just turned 3! DFD just turned 1 and her mom signed termination papers. We go to court tomorrow to finalize termination and we will be able to file our petition to adopt her soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Currently also have DFS#2 who is a 3 week old sweetie. He was cocaine positive at birth, and we got him when he was 2 dyas old. He has had some issues because of the drugs but seems to be doing well over all. The biggest problem is that he can't hear. We have started the testing process to see the extent ect.....but he's a doll baby and other than the ugly green monster from DFD he's adjusted to our busy household just fine! DFD is moving on and getting past her jealously......sorta!

Dan2112
01-04-2008, 12:42 AM
Sounds like you've got your hands full, Heather, but it also sounds like you're doing a great job..

I'm sorry you feel you won't be able to continue on without the COD accountability. It was hard for Liz and I, but we've been able to soldier on, using each other for that important part of the plan. You've done great losing 15 so far, and I know you can keep it up...

Leave if you must, but please remember one thing... Just because you stop doing the "plan" doesn't mean you automatically give up on what the plan taught.. If nothing else, LAWL teaches us how to eat properly and with that comes better health.. I can't imagine that you or anyone else who stops doing the plan just automatically goes back to buying chips, candy and fries, right? Read my thread about "Eat this, not that" if you want some real food for thought.. :lol:

Stick with the things you've learned and you will lose weight and you will be healthier... It may take longer to get to your goal, but your body will thank you..

Best of luck and you are always welcome here!!!

Lynx
01-04-2008, 08:12 AM
Ok, No time for personals right now BUT...

I won tickets to the Winter Jam 2008 concert that is coming!! Heres a link...
http://www.wcqr.org/pages/events/winter-jam-send-win-2.shtml
scroll to the bottom and watch the video... I am soooo excited! Mandisa from American Idol is going to be there as well as MercyMe, BarlowGirl and others!

By the way I just cheated before I got on here... I has a couple pieces of thin crust pizza... Is it safe to say pizza is my weakness???

I am sorry to say that Carb cravers do not exist on the numbered plans. They were replaced by quick combos. Pizza counts as 1/2 protein/2starches/1fat for 1 plain or vegetable slice (mushroom, broccoli or spinach), pizza shop style; 7" long by 6" crust (1 slice of large 14" pizza); pat oil.
Have a great day everyone.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61.5 lbs.
Current weight
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

Repo girl
01-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Heather- So good to see you! Good luck with the adoption process. I know that this has been a long process for you guys. What kind of surgery are you looking at? I think that the lap band looks very interesting.

Mama Nicole
01-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Good morning everyone :) Well, I did it......I WI this a.m.......and it was NOT pretty. I have managed to gain 23 pounds since September. Anyone care to top that? :lol: It doesn't matter anymore......today is a new day, and my first day of TO. I feel relieved to be away from the binging. That can be very stressful!!!! Have a great day everyone :) And Heather........it is good to hear from you. Best of luck with the courts and all that fun. I know it is very frustrating, and those kids are soooo lucky to have you and DH. Keep smiling, and do keep in touch. Just cuz you aren't OP doesn't mean you can't hang out with us. Heck, I haven't been OP for months, and I am still here :lol:
XOXO

emmysmom
01-04-2008, 09:29 AM
God love you, Heather. You really do have your hands full. But what a blessing you are to those children. And now adoption?! How exciting! I am sorry that the program didn't work out for you as well as you had hoped. Do lots of research on the weight loss surgery and make sure you find someone reputable if you do decide to go through with it. I'm always watching these weightloss shows (as I'm sure we all do) and infection and worse seems to happen alot. But I wish you the best and like Dan said, you are always welcome here. As a matter of fact, I would LOVE it if you would share your adoption journey with us.

emmysmom
01-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Hi Nicole! We were posting at the same time. You are a very brave soul for stepping on the scale...I'm afraid to. My eating has been waaaayyyyy off plan and I broke my toe 3 weeks ago, so no treadmill for me. I am getting back on track tomorrow...honest;-) And I'm going to come up with a strength training routine. I haven't hit goal, but ya know, I am happy with where I am right now. I just need to tone up a little...okay, a lot:)

emmysmom
01-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Oh, and Katie...I must have missed your post about leaving the daycare. Are you going to have a daycare at home again? I think about you alot when I take my daughter to preschool. I think you took your job around the time that I was looking into a daycare for her...so there's a little bit of a connection there.

emmysmom
01-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Ugghhh...my mind is just all scrambled today...

I wanted to say hello :wave: to everybody and that I've missed you all terribly!!!

Work has just been crazy. We fired a girl in December and I've been covering her position until we find someone. Now it's the beginning of the month which means I have to do billing...picture 3 reams of paper sitting on my desk waiting to be sorted through, stuffed in envelopes and mailed. Anyone want to come to PA and help me? Or better yet, anyone looking for a job? That could be dangerous though...2 people in the company on 3FC all day:)

Ok...seriously...got to get back to work...

Mama Nicole
01-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Ow, Tina..........a broken toe just sucks. I did that once......it's just no good!!! It's not like you have a cast or anything to make people aware that you are dying in pain.........and someone ALWAYS steps on it, or trips over it. It just sucks.

As far as getting back OP.......I know, it is soo hard, but I tell ya, I have been feeling pretty icky about myself, and I know it is cuz I haven't been taking care of me. Well, yesterday I started taking care by checking into the flylady, and today I am taking care by eating well. Maybe tomorrow I will add in a walk, cuz the weather here is supposed to get really nice this weekend. Who knows.

You have come sooo far ths year..........and we are all so proud of you. You ought to be too. Don't beat yourself up for being off plan.......just pick it back up like you never stopped :) Hey, did you spend any of you winnings on YOU?
XOXO

Angie
01-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Good morning! I know we should wait until TO/FF is over, but I couldn't resist and I was down 2.2 lbs already this morning. Yippee! Maybe I can be in the 230's again by Monday.

Nicole, I'm right there with you. I've gained back 19lbs since September -- well now it's 17 again...lol. I'm so touched that you thought of me while wiping ***...lmao.

Heather -- I'm sorry to hear that you don't feel you can continue. I wondered myself how well I would do without the accountability of the COD, but ultimately I'm responsible to myself. I figured why shouldn't I be as eager to please myself as I was to please them? I'm going to try to let the commitment I've made to myself be my motivation. Afterall, if I made an important promise to a friend I would do everything I could to honour it, and why wouldn't I treat myself with the same courtesy and respect. I'm sure I'll slip up here and there, but it's worth a shot. Best of luck to you in your decision to pursue surgery, and I'd love to hear how that goes for you.

Today is my second day of TO/FF and it's already hard! Yikes, day 1 was a breeze, but today I've been seriously tempted. I'm munching out on celery right now, but already thinking of what to eat for lunch. I keep reminding myself that I can eat lots of (on plan) delicious food tomorrow. I'll have to revisit Deb's cookbook and make something totally yummy.

Katy66
01-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Good morning everyone! I'm finally recovering some from this upper respiratory mess that hit me on New Year's Day....What a way to start off 08 huh? Still feeling congested but at least I can breath a bit now:)

It has been bitterly cold here in Western NC. Overnight lows have been in the teens and then you figure in the windchill it is just awful to be outside. Things are looking up though, they are predicting a high of 63 on Sunday....can you believe it? Going from a high of 17 on Wednesday to 63 just a few days later.

Well, I'm planning on going to COD today for an official WI after my holiday binging. I've not been there since before Thanksgiving. Wish me luck! I really dread it, not just because of the damage I've done BUT I really don't like any of the Counselors any more. The folks who were there when I first joined about a year ago have all moved on. It just hasn't been the same since then.

I caught part of TBL also. I've not been a big watcher in the past but this is pretty interesting with the team concept.

Congrats to all you losers out there and to all the rest of us that are committed to getting back on plan with the new year! Hope to have more time for personals later!

chiquita623
01-04-2008, 10:40 AM
I've seen references to Deb's cookbook several times on here. Is it posted somewhere that I can find it?

Dan2112
01-04-2008, 10:42 AM
Hi Tina! Great to see you!!

Just a quick minute here to check in.. Hope you all make it through the day POP!!!

sscott
01-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Laurie - I was wondering about the cookbook references as well. You beat me to it!

I don't have time to do a lot of personals...I just can't keep up :) I finished my TO and am down 6 lbs. Wheww...i feel so much better! Now the trick is to stay POP!

Angie
01-04-2008, 11:08 AM
I have an electronic copy of Deb's cookbook. If you want to PM me your email address I'll send it on to you.

KrispieD
01-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Morning All
I am cleansing, detoxifying, flushing out my system.. BORED!!!
I've been a VERY good girl and thanks to Nicole coming back I didn't have to eat the blizzard. DH is on plan with me 100% and the fridge is stocked with all the great things we should eat, all the baked goods and Xmas treats are in the compost and we've just taken down the tree and I am cleansing and purging the house. I jumped on FLYlady too and will let some little woman tell me what to do every day to keep myself organized.
Hope you are all doing well and once the cleaning is done I'm off to do my meal plan for 2 weeks. We are going to get ourselves svelte for Valentines Day!!! Now what kind of flavor do they make the Blizzard for that holiday? HMM

okie in il
01-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Good morning everyone. I'm fairly new to this site, but I would like to stay up on it now that the holidays are over. I need to get back on track. I've been kind of in a fog since I found out my COD was closing. I put on 4 pounds over the holidays but just finished 2 days of the Hollywood Juice Diet (couldn't find the Knudsens juice) & took off 5 pounds. :carrot::carrot: Today I'm going to start being POP to get this last 7 pounds off.

Good luck everyone at having a POP day.

Dan2112
01-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Welcome Becky!

Angie
01-04-2008, 02:19 PM
I'm getting my exercise in the form of cleaning today. Yuck. 48 hours left until we have a house full of guests. I can't BELIEVE how dirty my house is. It's like gaining weight, you don't realize how letting things go a little every day really adds up. I'm doing 30-45 minute blitzes...clean for a bit, relax for a bit. This is the last day of my holidays and I hate to spend it this way, so I have to compromise.

Our bedroom will be completely off limits during Cam's birthday party, as that's where all the stuff without a home is going until I figure it out. Then after the party it will all get dragged out to the living areas again..lol.

KrispieD
01-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Angie I'm living your life today too! Well at least we are exercising???

BarbaraB
01-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Becky, Welcome! You have done great. How nice to see your holiday pounds gone already! We are all here for each other. Join in and we'll all support each other to lose or maintain the weight.

Angie, if you need more of a work out, my house is available!

Dan2112
01-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Angie I'm living your life today too! Well at least we are exercising???

Now if I could just get Liz to follow your examples.. :lol::devil:

You want to feel better about the way y'all's houses look? Try watching "How Clean is your House?" on BBC America (if you have it) sometime...

NASTY!!!!

MomOfThreeTeens
01-04-2008, 03:01 PM
OMG Dan, my son is addicted to that show. I had never seen it before yesterday and it made me feel sick watching it! LOL Its almost as bad as "You are what you eat". I get sick listening to that woman talk to those people about how bad their "poo" smells! ACK!!!!!

Angie
01-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Ugh...back to the grindstone. I'd be happy to help at someone else's house...it's always more fun to clean up other peoples dirt and mess. Even my own house cleaning would be more fun with some company, it's just so BORING!

Dan2112
01-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Great.. When can you be here? :lol:

amylou7777
01-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Hi guys!

Today has been interesting....I was awakened at 4am by 60mph winds. It literally has not stopped since then....between 40-70mph all day! One of our side fences has blown down...Thank goodness I didn't have to work!

I felt a cold coming on last night and woke up this morning with the aches and stuffy head. Yuck! I also got a lovely visit from TOM! When it rains it pours huh? I'm just thankful to be home today.

All this talk about cleaning house is making me feel guilty! I feel like no matter what, our house is always messy. And we don't even have any kids! Our kitchen island is a dumping ground....

Welcome Backy and congrats on your big loss!

Nicole, now that you know the damage you can get to work! We're going to kick booty in TBL challenge and Vday challenge!

pjbeau
01-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Wow...just a few days away and 7 pages of posts to catch up on. I forgot how chatty we can get here.

I'm so glad to see all the familiar faces. I feel like I'm home again. :hug: For all the new faces, or at least new to me since I've been gone awhile, hey...and I'm looking forward to getting to know you. :wave:

I'm on day 3 being back OP...so far 1 lb lost. I will take it...I'm glad to be getting back on track. I am making my official weigh-in day on Mondays, so that's when I will change the ticker. I've never been a fast loser, so if I can hold on to 1-2 lbs lost each week...then I'm happy. :carrot:

You ladies have me convinced to get going with the flylady. I never knew this existed and I certainly can use some help with my clutter. :o

I'll try to check in more often, so I can do some personals.

Happy Friday!

Dan2112
01-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Gee, I feel like I'm missing out by not signing up for flylady.. Maybe they'll make a "Flyguy" so I can feel like I'm part of the "cool kids" again...

It's weird being the only active guy around here sometimes...

bradleys mom
01-04-2008, 04:21 PM
lol@flyguy! Dan - it's called "Listen-to-Liz.com" !

Angie
01-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Dan - I'll gladly do a house exchange...you guys come to Canada for say 2-3 months, and we'll happily take over in NM for you!

Mama Nicole
01-04-2008, 04:32 PM
:lol:

michie
01-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Amy- Is it raining up in Sacramento now??? I know there is a storm heading our way(down south) and is somewhere in northern California at the mo... I hate storms! But I bet the poor environment hates this drought we're in, so I suppose it's ok for now!

I went to WI today and my TO was indeed a success... 3 pounds down! Finally moved down after more than a week! So I am very very happy... and making sure to stay POP so I don't go back up. So far, so good today!

Hope we can all be good this weekend and stay POP! We can do this!

Dan2112
01-04-2008, 04:43 PM

Yeah.. har har.. It's actually the other way around.. I'm the one who has to call HER at 7 am while I'm on my way to work to make sure she hasn't slept through the alarm and remind her to lock the back door (after letting the dogs in) before she leaves the house. :lol:

And Angie.. I'd be more than happy to hang out in Toronto, home of my musical heros... *still doing the happy dance because Rush is going to tour in Albuquerque this year*....

KrispieD
01-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Angie you and I are close enough we can carpool.. I'm all over NM.. Dan we'll set you up for a Rush love fest as part of the exchange! Angie your little one is 2 weeks older than my youngest so we'll grab some Starbucks, get some toys for the car and head to Dan's.. what date is good for you Dan? I'll make sure to get Toronto sodium free before you arrive!

zambejaly5
01-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Katie-- yesterday it didn't. but then I tried to go from 10 til 2. today I had about the same lunch. at 10, but then at noon I had some of my NS pretzels. and that made all the difference. At 2 when I got out I ate my NS Lunch Entree. and now tonight I will have my normal evening meal around 5. (but then I am also on cold meds today..... so maybe that is why I don't feel hungery!)

Barbra-- I dont' get how these suing things work. Your situation doesn't seem fair for you daughter and when I was in an accident it wasn't fair for me and I was on the side doing the suing. I got hit while on my bike. I was in the cross walk crossing with the light, the guy at the red light was in a big pick up and turned right on red and plowed into me. Somebody chased him and got his License plate number and called the cops. they went and brought him back to the scene. my suit went on for 2 1/2 years and then we settled for a mere $15,000, barely enough to cover medical expenses. I don't get how people get to sue for lots and actually get it.

Tina!!! good to see you!!! ( my daughter, 7 y/o just looked at your picture and said "wow, shes skinny now!" not sure what she is comparing todays picture too, but I would take it if I were you!)

Joni---(that was barbra..)

Angie-- yes you are behind. we didn't end up having to move. Hubby has a job, I have a job, and things are finally leveling off!

Heather!!! -- Yikes!! are you sure you want to go down the surgery road? that seems scary to me. ( have you tried Nutrisystem? I said I wouldn't push it here, but when you said the "S" word I decided to break that rule just this once. My COD closed too so I switched to Nutrisystem and I am loving it. and yes it costs some bucks. but so does surgery) other wise. It is really good to see you again!!!! and what every route you take, don't leave us!!!!! we are still all in this together!!!! ---- wow you have your hands full! I thought about doing foster care. but with 5 of my own it just never seemed to fit in. yay!! on DFD #2!! that is exciting news!!

Nicole!!!! 23 pounds!!!!!! when will you ever learn?!?! DON'T LEAVE US!!! see what happens! so have you updated your ticker? is that where you really are? Lets get busy!!!!!

Hahahahaha "listen-to-liz.com" hahahaha. thats good Kimberly!

Dan, well, just don't ever think of going anywhere, I don't care if you are the only guy here, you are our guy!!! every Hen house only needs one Rooster!!

I went to bed yesterday after I said I was going to take a nap. 4 pm ... ?? something..... and I didn't get out of bed til 6:30 AM!!!! my alarm didn't go off at 5:30 so I even got an extra hour. but I think I am much better today.

food thing is better today too

OH AND!!!!! I peeked at the scale. I wasn't going to do it til monday and I am still not going to move my ticker until mondays weigh in BUUUUTTT!!! I was 209.2!!!! that is down 5.2 in three days.... POP only. I can't wait til monday gets here!

ok, I have been here long enough. I better get something done

Julzanne72
01-04-2008, 05:21 PM
I have been lurking on the site since i decided to stop posting and am finding that it is hard to not have alot of people to share my ups/downs with. I mean my husband is awesome and supportive, but he still eats pretty junky and does not work out with me so it is hard for me to talk to him about some of the stuff I am feeling. I hope that I am still welcome to post and that I make some friends along the way.

Tomorrow is my WI and I am hoping to be down to 184-so that they can switch me to my next menu plan:) Wish me luck.

Thanks,
Jules

zambejaly5
01-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Yay!!!! its Jules!!!!! welcome back!!! we would never send you away!

equinetcan
01-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Welcome back Jules!!

I weighed in today and was down 2.6 lbs since last friday. It could have been better b/c I wasn't perfect but I am very happy about that. That means I lost the 1 lb I gained over xmas and then another 1.6 on top of that. I have updated my ticker too.

Finally our deep freeze here in the Canadian east is going to break tomorrow. I for one can't wait. I don't mind the cold as long as it doesn't persist for weeks on end. Even one day here or there where it warms up a bit to break it up is nice.

I am still off work till next wednesday but I am going in to do a little overtime tomorrow. Might as well get it in b/c once I go salary I won't get it anymore. or at least not near as often. I still don't know when my business analyst position starts exactly but it should be later this month sometime.

Guess that's about it from me for right now..I'll check in later....

Joni135
01-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Hi Jules - yep...everyone is welcome! We have folks that leave for months at a time and then like to jump in and say hi from time to time. This is a better addiction than, say, snickers bars!

Mama Nicole - Too bad we didn't have a "special" challenge for you...you would have nailed it for sure...tsk tsk...but today is a brand new day!

cecil
01-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Good luck at the WI Julz!
Michelle awesome Job on the TO! Now I need to do it! Ha!
Oh come on now quit picking on poor DAN. He's the only active guy ya know?! Ha ha!

Dan2112
01-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Welcome back Jules! I knew you couldn't resist us.. :lol: Just remember.. You may not always get an immediate response, but that doesn't mean we're not reading.. If you really need some help on something, ask it again... This is such a chatty bunch, that sometimes we don't have time read every post if we get a few pages behind. (I'm really guilty of that!)

Thanks for the vote of confidence Lettie and Cecilia. It's appreciated!

Angie.. You guys just c'mon out.. I'll need to wait until I know when the Rush concert is here before I can take up residence in Toronto! :lol:

Oh, and great job on the weigh ins all you losers!

BarbaraB
01-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Jules, Jump back in, losing weight is a hard thing to do and husbands get tired of hearing about it (or mine definitely does). Sometimes it takes awhile to feel like part of any group. Good luck on the weigh in and keep up the good work. I felt like I was intruding on a group of friends when I first started, but eventually I felt more and more like one of the group.

Lettie, That is awful that you were hit like that. I guess it is hard for the judges and insurance companies to know when they are being scammed and when they are not. Heck I don't even know for sure how serious this guy was injured in the accident, since he had really bad back problems before he was hit. I do know that he has the body of Jabba the Hut and I suspect that his real medical issues lay in the stress that causes the body and not on the small fender bender that he was in. I do know that it is human to make excuses for ourselves as to why we continue to hold onto the weight when it is obviously very unhealthy for us to do so (I was in HUGE denial about the effect of the excess weight on my life). So I can understand that, but I just want the stress of having a lawsuit over with. Every letter from the insurance company or lawyer representing our case just causes my ever sensitive DH to go a little postal. My DD does not deal well with dad in postal mode.... and mom is in the middle trying to make it all OK, when it is not so OK.

Dan you remind me of my DH and the call every day to lock the back door. I finally convinced my DH that I really don't need to be told 10 times a day to close the garage door when I leave... I know once it was opened... the garage door opener sometimes decides that it should open the door again and I did not notice that it had not closed all the way. My DH actually hid around the corner to check that I sat in my car and watched the door close all the way..... about once a week for a year... We eventually had words over this and he let it go... Of course my DH brings me coffee in bed every morning, so I can never kick him to the curb, I would be stuck in bed for the rest of my life waiting for my caffiene.

MTdebster921
01-04-2008, 08:44 PM
For you guys that asked about the cookbook. and even those that I sent it to when I first offered it, the updated book has almost 430 pages now and since LA at home is no longer, I guess it won't ever get much bigger. So if you want a copy, go ahead and PM me with your email address and I will send it out to you. It is in microsoft word and only takes a few minutes to download.

zambejaly5
01-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Lettie, That is awful that you were hit like that. I guess it is hard for the judges and insurance companies to know when they are being scammed and when they are not. Heck I don't even know for sure how serious this guy was injured in the accident, since he had really bad back problems before he was hit. I do know that he has the body of Jabba the Hut and I suspect that his real medical issues lay in the stress that causes the body and not on the small fender bender that he was in. I do know that it is human to make excuses for ourselves as to why we continue to hold onto the weight when it is obviously very unhealthy for us to do so (I was in HUGE denial about the effect of the excess weight on my life). So I can understand that, but I just want the stress of having a lawsuit over with. Every letter from the insurance company or lawyer representing our case just causes my ever sensitive DH to go a little postal. My DD does not deal well with dad in postal mode.... and mom is in the middle trying to make it all OK, when it is not so OK..

Well, it seems like these things run about 2 1/2 to 3 years. so maybe you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I rear ended someone a couple years ago myself. completely totaled my van. I was alone and wearing a seat belt, so no injurys in my car. But the guy I hit was driving a big SUV. he got a little dent in his bumper and was able to drive his away. Mine never moved on its own again. he was angry and cussing and I was crying and very sorry. it was in a 5 lane area, and there was construction to the right of us and heavy traffic to the left. we were traveling along fine I looked over at the construction thinking to myself..... "when are they every going to finish that lane?" I looked back and all the traffic was stopped in front of me. I got out and asked the guy if he was ok. He just cussed at me. I tried to explain I didn't see the traffic stopping and I was very sorry and I hoped he wasn't hurt, and He cussed at me some more, so I went back to my car and called my insurance company, almost histarical by this point and they were very nice and said he had no right to be just a jerk. and that they would take care of everything. then over a year later.... I get this letter saying. I should be ready to take a deposition for the law suit!!! I couldn't believe it! it has been two and a half years now. and that is the only letter I ever got. I only hope they ended up settling with the guy. at the time of the accident he was just stomping around our cars yelling at me. then a year later he claims he was still hurt. and like you, I feel bad because I know I was in the wrong. it was clearly my fault. but that doesn't mean that people should just take advantage of the situation.

I truely hope this is over soon for you. Having been on both sides....(or really just the one side, didn't matter which side I was on, it seems like it was me against a jerk!) I know how stressful it is and how you just want it to be over.

MTdebster921
01-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Tina- I just love that picture of you and Emmy. So pretty!!

Barb- That is awful that you and your DD has to go through all that. It kills me that people take advantage like that. And then they wonder why insurance rates are so high, plus it makes it hard for us honest people, like Lettie to get what we really deserve. I hope everything works out for you guys.

Heather- It's so good to see you. I know that you have struggled with this for quite a while. Although LAWL may not be what works for you, please, please, just make sure you really research the surgery options. Regular gastric bypass will undoubtedly leave you with lots of ugly hanging skin that will probably need to be removed via plastic surgery. Lap band would be a slower loss. I've heard good and bad things about both. I know of 4 people that have had gastric bypass and have gained over 1/2 the weight back, but on the other hand I know one lady that had it and looks great and swears by it. Either way and whatever you choose to do, please keep in touch with us, we miss you when you are gone. As far as the foster kids, I hope things go right to adopt DFD, and maybe something will break and you will be able to finally adopt DFS#1.

Nicole, Nicole, Nicole :nono: Need I say more. Ok, I can't say much, since we went on vacation in August I have gained back an embarrassing amount of weight. We're back at it again and that is what counts, right?!?

Katy- I'm glad that you are feeling better. Just suck it up and go to the COD, you will be glad you did. I didn't go for almost 3 MONTHS and look where it got me.

Stacy- 6 lbs!!! YOU ROCK!!

Becky- Welcome to our little group

Amylou- Sorry you are feeling ick. Take care of yourself and get better soon.

Paula- Congrtats on the 1 lb. A loss is a loss

Michelle- YAY on the 3 lbs.

Lettie- Awesome job.

Jules- Welcome "back" You are always welcome here.

Alannah- WTG on the loss.

On the weight loss front, I lost 3.4 lbs. since my COD WI last week!!

CandlePrincess
01-04-2008, 10:08 PM
well as fate would have it i went to my doctor today. She is 130, 000% against surgery for me. I should have known. I make my big proclaimation and booom i'm back! LOL So here's my new game plan (doctor approved) i'm researching weight loss plans. She recommended i dig through my stuff and find my LA stuff since it has worked for me. She has suggested Meridia along with LA or some other plan....so for now i'm thinking about it.

But more importantly than any weight loss.......TLC is doing a reality show about MISS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (for those that don't know I am southern...and in the South we love beauty queens!!!!!!!!!!!)

Debbie24
01-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Heather i'm sorry it didnt work out the way you wanted at the docs. You can do this hun, it just takes some commitment and to no one but yourself. Always remember that you are doing this for you and you are important. You are doing wonderful things for those kids and they need you around so you need to get healthy so you can always be here for them. I really hope you continue with the program. We're here for you.

BTW how did it go in court today?

Angie
01-04-2008, 10:34 PM
If I do Red without lites, what should I add again? Do I go to Red1 or just add something smaller to red? Does anyone remember?

FINALLY at the end of day 2 of TO/FF whateveryoucallit and I would kill for a starch right now. Can't wait for breakfast!

MTdebster921
01-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Question for Dan or any of you ladies that have DH's doing this with you---

Have you ever plugged in your food intake into fitday or any site like that to see what the calorie intake was. DH is not doing LA per say but something very similar. I just want to make sure I am not starving him. Any input would be appreciated.

He weighs 220 lbs. and right now he's getting - 3P,4V,4Fr,5S,2Fa,2D He's not doing lites or subs. That's more protein than the DASH diet recommends, but less starches.

Dan2112
01-05-2008, 01:04 AM
Dan you remind me of my DH and the call every day to lock the back door. I finally convinced my DH that I really don't need to be told 10 times a day to close the garage door when I leave... I know once it was opened... the garage door opener sometimes decides that it should open the door again and I did not notice that it had not closed all the way. My DH actually hid around the corner to check that I sat in my car and watched the door close all the way..... about once a week for a year... We eventually had words over this and he let it go... Of course my DH brings me coffee in bed every morning, so I can never kick him to the curb, I would be stuck in bed for the rest of my life waiting for my caffiene.

Barb, that's too funny... I sometimes feel like I have to do that... :lol:

Heather.. Welcome back!

amylou7777
01-05-2008, 01:45 AM
Wow, lots to catch up on since my morning check in! Thanks for the well wishes, Deb-I got some sleep and made home made chicken soup, so I'm feeling a little better!

Michie-It was a crazy storm! I don't think I can remember the last time I experienced winds like that. Most of our neighborhood is in shambles, I live in the burbs, but central Sacramento is a mess with all of the trees and power lilnes everywhere! I hope SD doesn't get it that bad, you guys have had enough natural disaster for one year!

Congrats to all who have lost! I'm hoping to be moving that ticker tomorrow when I w/i! I was not POP today due to this yucky cold, but drank a lot of water and was pretty good overall.

Jules! Good to see you are back....I had a feeling we'd be seeing you again! Get a personalized avatar so we can remember you!

Katy- glad you are feeling better!

Hi Deb, it's so good to see you on a regular basis again!

I hate when I get on here and can't remember who to say hi to! I think I'm just groggy. We have a baptism/party to go to tomorrow, hoping it wont be too challenging. I don't have much of an appetite, so hopefully I can stay on plan!

ronlu
01-05-2008, 07:02 AM
Hi Deb,
I ran several days worth of my journal through Fit Day, and the calorie count ran between 1700-1800. I am on plan number 4, which is the same as you listed, except I get 3.5 proteins and 3 dairy. 1 protein is 4oz white meat chicken or turkey, 3 oz beef, pork, 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup egg beaters or 2 eggs. Hope this helps.

zambejaly5
01-05-2008, 07:43 AM
well as fate would have it i went to my doctor today. She is 130, 000% against surgery for me. I should have known. I make my big proclaimation and booom i'm back! LOL So here's my new game plan (doctor approved) i'm researching weight loss plans. She recommended i dig through my stuff and find my LA stuff since it has worked for me. She has suggested Meridia along with LA or some other plan....so for now i'm thinking about it.

I am sure you are disappointed but. at least you know where you stand and are ready to do something. that is a great idea though to research all the plans and find the one that not only fits you but your whole family. it would be good if you could all be eating the same stuff, but maybe you just have a slightly smaller or maybe controlled portion.

You can do this, I know you have your hands full. but take it one day at a time. one POP day at a time. and before you know it you will be POP Queen!!!! like a beauty queen!!! (we will even crown you!!!!:hug:

bradleys mom
01-05-2008, 08:12 AM
I have been lurking on the site since i decided to stop posting and am finding that it is hard to not have alot of people to share my ups/downs with. I mean my husband is awesome and supportive, but he still eats pretty junky and does not work out with me so it is hard for me to talk to him about some of the stuff I am feeling. I hope that I am still welcome to post and that I make some friends along the way.

Tomorrow is my WI and I am hoping to be down to 184-so that they can switch me to my next menu plan:) Wish me luck.

Thanks,
Jules

SO glad you decided to come back! PLEASE feel free to PM me anytime you just need a one on one with someone! :hug:

bayoubelle68
01-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Good morning! I actually did break down and go WI on Thursday. I was happy and relieved that learn that I only gained 1.4 over the holidays. I'm back OP again and fighting the fight!

I'm in the middle of cleaning my house - somewhat frantically. My parents are coming around noon to pick up our kids and take them home with them. DH and I have late-night photo gig tonight taking pictures at a Mardi Gras ball. Of our three regular babysitters, two are involved in a basketball tournament and one is in Hawaii with her family. I'm not one to just "try out" a new sitter on my kids when I'll be in a situation where I can't immediately get home. I usually invite a new sitter to come to dinner at our house and then see how she interacts with the kids and how they like her. Or I wait until I have some big printing project and have a new sitter come and occupy the kids while I'm still in the house with them so I'm right there if things don't work out. Anyway, this time we were stuck until my mom offered to come get them and keep them until tomorrow afternoon. They live about an hour and a half away, but she loves when she gets to take my kids to church on Sunday morning and show them off to her friends!

Okay, enough of a break. I've finished the kitchen and breakfast room. Time to go and tackle the living room - ACK! We still have new Christmas toys that haven't learned how to stay in their places and keep sneaking back into the living room!!

chiquita623
01-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the cookbook Deb. I haven't had a chance to really look it over closely but I'm sure there are lots of new and exciting ideas for dinner in it!! I think I'll print it out and put it in a binder so I have it at my fingertips when I need it instead of always having to hop in the 'puter to find something to fix.

Dan2112
01-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Morning ladies...

I've noticed that a lot of us have been afraid to go back to the COD after the holidays.. I guess it's very typical of human nature to be afraid to face the things that scare us most.. I know I was hesitant to step on the scale at home after our holiday as well..

But I hit upon something that's gotten me back on the scales.... This isn't just about eating better or dropping a few pounds.. It's about facing our fear about changing our lifestyle for the better and forever.. If we lose sight of the goal, or start moving away from the things we should be doing, we're giving into those fears.. So I said "Screw it".. Just get your butt on the scale and deal with whatever damage you did..

It's a bit more daunting when you have to go to the COD and face a pencil thin counselor that you know is just going cluck her tongue at you if you gained much weight and then scold you about going off plan.. Well you know... If you gained weight, you DID go off plan, so we just have to face the music, and then move on.. The sooner you do it, the sooner there will be one less monkey on your back...

Anyway, I'm sorry it seems i've been on a soapbox lately.. I don't mean to...

Have a great, POP day!

Mama Nicole
01-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Good morning all :) I have a small little idea. How about if, on Monday mornings, we all WI and report our weekly loss or gain. I suppose you can WI any day you choose, , but keep it the same day each week, and report it, right here in the loser's thread, or in a seperate thread if you guys think that would be better, on Mondays. Since so many are left w/o a COD, it could give us all a bit of accountability, and noone's progress might get overlooked amongst all of our chatter. What do you all think?

MTdebster921
01-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Ron- Thanks for the input. I plugged it into fitday and he's getting about 1800 cals. a day, so I think he's ok. Maybe I will add a dairy. He can't live without his big ole glass of milk for dinner.

Amylou- Are you guys still all intact after the storm? I was looking at the pics on the web and it looked pretty bad in some places. We can have wind up here that gusts up to 60 mph for days on end, so it's just something we live with up here. When I was driving home on the interstate yesterday, I was driving right into the wind and if I went the speed limit, I could feel the truck start to float. Pretty scary.

MTdebster921
01-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Nicole- I think that is a good idea. I think a dedicated WI thread would be good, it could get overlooked here on this thread.

MTdebster921
01-05-2008, 01:46 PM
JILLIAN-WHERE ARE YOU GIRL?? ARE YOU DOING OK? CHECK IN PLEASE!!!

Angie
01-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Hey everyone! So far I'm down 3lbs post TO.

I love Nicole's idea to have a weigh in thread, and to have a dedicated day to do it. I'm going to go check it out and see if anyone made one yet.

Angie
01-05-2008, 02:30 PM
BTW -- Kristen & Dan, I'm totally on board. We'll be there in a week Dan, and I'll see if we can get Geddy Lee to agree to come over to a dinner party while you're occupying our homes.

Tuesday Cool
01-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Well another week without my COD and I am down 1# and not missing having to rush into get weighed. I do not need the advice of some little girls, I have you all.
I saw my favorite counselor working at Trader Joe's today. she quit several months ago because she hated being pressured to sell needless products to her clients. She seems happy at TJ's. I really feel sorry for the employees who really did not have anything to do with corporates screw ups. Ah well, whatcha gonna do?
I am back to school next week. I have really enjoyed my break and do not want to lose my spare time.
Have a good weekend, Tuesday

Mama Nicole
01-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Cool on the WI thread :) I do have to say though, this was not originally my idea. Someone mentioned it a while back (sorry, I can't remember who it was), and I just put it out there again. If ya'll want a different day besides Monday's, just say the word. Joni says that people tend to be more successful with Monday morning WI's, so that is why I chose that. And, I am a bit worried about Jillian also. I will try to get on her myspace later and check in there :)
XOXO

Dan2112
01-05-2008, 04:52 PM
BTW -- Kristen & Dan, I'm totally on board. We'll be there in a week Dan, and I'll see if we can get Geddy Lee to agree to come over to a dinner party while you're occupying our homes.

Sweet, eh? :celebrate:

zambejaly5
01-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Cool on the WI thread :) I do have to say though, this was not originally my idea. Someone mentioned it a while back (sorry, I can't remember who it was), and I just put it out there again. If ya'll want a different day besides Monday's, just say the word. Joni says that people tend to be more successful with Monday morning WI's, so that is why I chose that. And, I am a bit worried about Jillian also. I will try to get on her myspace later and check in there :)
XOXO

ooooh I have been thinking about this idea too! I like it and I like Mondays. Monday WI-ers are the best losers! It makes you be good over the weekend knowing you have to face the scale first thing monday morning.

Luckybustert
01-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Hi everyone! I started in July on the RED plan, lost 15 pounds, then nothing once I moved to the numbered plan (well, actually I gained and lost the same 2 or 3 pounds MULTIPLE times and that's equivalent to nothing IMHO). So after much frustration, I am BACK and on the RED plan again. Time to get this weight loss thing moving again!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Best wishes,
Suzanne

CandlePrincess
01-05-2008, 09:19 PM
:carrot:Debbie: court went okay.....nothing FINAL yet....of course, but we do know that termination papers have been signed and Department of Child Services has them! sooooooo that means DFD is now legally FREE for adoption! YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From what our attorney tells us it's a breeze now.....the hard part is over. We have been calling her by her new name for awhile now (we knew birthmom was either going to sign or the state was going for termination and with mom in prision would have won)....but we pretty much call her Emma-Claire now! It's still not over but it's close enough to see the end!
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::hat::hat::hat::

Lettie: There's a crown involved???? THEN I'M IN!

I bought a scale today for the first time in 150 years....and i like it! It wasn't as evil to me as I expected it to be! So I've changed my ticker....and I'm doing something....not totally sure what yet....but something! Okay all for now.....off to bed a bit early tonight the crazy weather here in Indiana has made me sick yet again!
Bye ya'll!

Heather115
01-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Hey everybody!

I've been lurking again for a couple weeks and have PM'd the Kims here in East TN as well as a few others. I figure it's time to pop in on the rest of you now. :)

It's so encouraging to see how motivated everyone is after the holidays and also makes me feel a little better to see we all struggled a bit - not just me. I had a rather sympathetic new counselor at the COD this week who said our little slip-ups are to be expected - we've had bad habits for 30-something years; these new habits are just a few months old. I could have hugged her! She was exactly on target.

My problem during the holidays is that I feel like I'm personally insulting my mom when I try to say no to all the sweets she takes all that time to bake. I know she's not offended, but those goodies are as much a part of my Christmas memories as my family and friends. I have a little container of the last few things mom sent home with us that, again, I feel like I'd be insulting her if I throw them out. Now, if they get stale and icky sitting there, then it will only be practical to throw them away. :) I'm not tempted by them anymore, but I just can't toss 'em yet! Silly, I know.

Anyway, like many others on here, I've been doing the plan most of the time, but not 100% all the time. I'm doing TO this weekend and am not liking it at all! However, I know I will feel better and more focused Monday morning. I wish I could do TO every weekend! It would save me so much angst in the long run. Unstructured weekends do me in.

Off to bed. I can't seem to sleep enough these days and since I'm hungry, asleep is probably the best place for me! I don't think I'm a sleep-eater...yet!

Debbie24
01-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Heather i'm so glad to hear that everything went well at court, it does sound like everything will be smooth sailing from now on. Emma-Claire is a pretty name.

Also glad to hear that the scale wasnt too mean, i hope it keeps being nice.

Everyone - I so cannot keep up with you all so all i'm going to say is HI!!! :) & i'm definitely in on the Monday WI thread, great idea.

Joni135
01-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Nicole - I'm in for the Monday WIs!! Maybe, JUST maybe, I will try to only weigh one day a week. Today was the first time in a long time that I had a doctor-type scale weigh in...it was for the weight loss challenge I'm doing in my county (called Better Weight Than Ever). Turns out the county got great response and they have about 15 teams competing. Our team of five gals (we're using the team name Diminishing Divas) came in with a total weight of 853 lbs and the guy running the challenge said we were one of the lighter teams...but it's all about total team percentage lost, and my goal for this 18 week challenge is to lose 10% of my weight...17 lbs! Today was a day of good choices for me....grilled chicken at lunch; I ate my last meal before 7 PM; no popcorn at the movie; no junk!! I feel so good.

Went and saw P.S. I Love You and enjoyed it, although it is a bit of tear jerker, but it also made me laugh a lot.

Here's to our strength and wisdom to do what's right for our bodies!!

amylou7777
01-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Hi friends! Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend. We've been laying low with this awful weather. I managed to stay POP at a baptism reception earlier today!! I felt like I was finally back in it.

My scale rewarded me this morning-I'm back down to my pre-xmas weight! I can't wait to see it go down and get out of these 40s for good! I am definitely in for the W/I thread- let's stick to it!

Deb, we are still standing! The neighborhood is a bit disheveled and several friends are without power, but we are ok! I'm from an area in southern california where there is really no weather! Little rain, little wind, mostly sunshine and fog! So this was a big experience!! haha, I'm just glad everyone is safe, there were a ton of accidents with the wind.
I'm going to PM you for your cookbook! Thanks for the offer!

Welcome back Heather TN!

Heather- congrats on your victories with CPS! Bless you for giving these children a chance!

Welcome Suzanne!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

amylou7777
01-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Hi Joni! Keep us posted on how the DDs are doing! Sounds like a great thing to be involved in!

MTdebster921
01-05-2008, 11:42 PM
Hi guys,
I didn't realize that new posters couldn't PM until they post a certain number of times. If you guys can't PM and want a copy of the cookbook, email me at my screen name at aol.com with cookbook in the subject.

zambejaly5
01-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Hi guys,
I didn't realize that new posters couldn't PM until they post a certain number of times. If you guys can't PM and want a copy of the cookbook, email me at my screen name at aol.com with cookbook in the subject.

serious? I never noticed a time when I couldn't PM. either I had already had the right number in or that is a new policy. How many posts does one have to have to PM?

Debbie24
01-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Morning All!!!

Lettie i think someone said 25 posts but i dont remember reading that when i joined.

Hope everyone has a POP day!!!

zambejaly5
01-06-2008, 01:17 PM
hmmmm guess I have that many! hahahaha

Repo girl
01-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Hi everyone!

Joni- Great job staying OP yesterday, even with the movie.

HeatherCP- Soooo exciting about the adoption.

I am going to take my own advice and make a new list of reasons to lose weight. I will post the thread later today. It will help all of us who are struggling to get with the program.

Have a great day everyone!

MTdebster921
01-06-2008, 02:45 PM
I think they started that recently due to spam or something. Both Suzanne and Aphil have forwarded PM's to me telling me that.

bradleys mom
01-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Hi ladies (and Dan).

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

My Leslie Sansone DVD set from QVC came in on Friday and I started her 10 day walking challenge. She has a meal plan, but it is pretty close to what LAWL has me on so I just do the suggested exercise. It really kicks butt! I did the 1 hr/4 mile walk today and I am beat!

I can't wait to weigh myself tomorrow! Don't forget to post your weight on the weigh-in board (if you are participating!) :)

michie
01-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Hello one and all!

I have been working and trying to finish homework this weekend, so no time for the boards! I am taking a quick break to check in though! I miss you guys when I don't post! Hahahaha! Anyway! I have been pretty good for the past few days... I haven't exercised, which makes me sad, but I think I'll be fine!

I went to see Jesus Christ Superstar last night. OMG! Ted Neeley, who played Jesus in the movie (waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the 70's!) was in the show and he was AMAZING! I have seen a lot of musicals, but this was THE BEST! I think I'm going to see it again tonight! HA! Amazing.

Ok, sorry I don't have time to read any posts, but I hope everyone is doing well and staying POP! Have a great rest of the weekend!

Michelle

Repo girl
01-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Michelle- Oh, I am jealous. I would love to see Jesus Christ Superstar. I have the soundtrack and I love it. My mom went to see it in the 70's in Las Vegas. She loved it too.

amylou7777
01-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Good afternoon everoyone!

Michelle- glad you enjoyed the show! Sounds like fun!

Deb- I cannot thank you enough for the cookbook! It was so much more than I had expected- can't wait to try some!

Kimberly- do you mind if I ask how much the DVDs were? I'm always looking for good workout tapes. Are you just marching in place?

I go back to school tomorrow-not looking forward to it one bit! I'm trying to get my menus in order so I can get back into my routine!

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday!

Jillian- do you have internet in SD yet?

Liza- are you still with us??

Carrie???

Emily?

zambejaly5
01-06-2008, 04:08 PM
( a little NS footnote..... for anyone who has lost their COD, and was ever interested in nutrisystem, QVC is offering NS on their Today's Special. it is actually cheeper than when I first signed up in Sept. so I cancelled mine and started new to get the new lower price. they are offering 4 weeks with weekends off (meaning you plan them yourself just like you would with LAWL with a certain amount of protein, starch, fruits veggies... etc) for $167 a month plus taxes and shipping. (shipping is something like $14?? I think and taxes are about $10)

I know that is not in everyones budget but on LAWL I was already spending $8 a week= $32, and the bars were.... how much are they a box now? and the take off juice. $30 a jug? and at first I was buying the supplements. so I spent all together, almost $4000 on LAWL.

My sister and I sat down and looked at what we were spending on going out to eat, our grocery bill, (which even though I have a family with 5 kids. I have dropped that bill now that I don't eat much of what I buy for them, it is amazing) and we almost break even... plus we are losing weight....

so anyway. didn't mean to push NS. but if anyone was ever interested, today is a good day with the Todays Special as low as it is. My friend orders from NS and pays about $300 a month.

bradleys mom
01-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Amy - I paid about $30 which includes S&H. You can find them on QVC.com. Just go to the search option and type in "Sansone" it will bring the item up. And don't be fooled by the one review of the product. Apparently the person who wrote it did not open the dvd's. The review says that the band wasnt included nor was the 5th dvd, but they are both inside of the dvd cases.

You do a lot of marching in place along with some jogging, side steps and knee lifts, etc. It really gives you a great workout. It also came with a resistance band, and some of her other dvd's come with weights to use while walking. I love it!

Here is her website. You can get some of her VHS older workouts for really cheap.
http://www.lesliesansone.com/

ferrarimomof2
01-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Kimberly- I love Leslie Sansone videos also. I boughy mine at Wal-Mart and they didn't include anything but the videos and they kick my butt.

Sorry, I haven't been on in a couple of days. We had to take my daughter to the ER Friday night and got in late and Mardi Gras started here yesterday. My parents and sister ride so we were parading all day yesterday. My DH and I went to the ball last night. I was not POP but I don't think I did to bad and besides I danced all night. I go to WI tomorrow. So, I guess I will see how it affects me.

Well, I better go to cook dinner.

Joni135
01-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Kimberly – my friend loves the Leslie S WATP tapes too. I have one and I should dig it out of my hardly ever used collection of workout DVDs.

Amy – I’ll definitely keep folks posted on the Diminishing Divas (DDs). So far it has helped me make good choices (granted, this is only day 2, but I just feel like this is going to truly help me!).

Dr. Oz is on Oprah tomorrow (for those that may be interested!)

Also, if anyone likes the idea of a challenge, and they have a KMart in their area, check out http://kmart.com/newday. This is a 12 week contest starting Jan 12-ending Apr 25. You have to be able to go to the KMart this weekend (Jan 12) for your first weigh in. The prizes are great - $10,000 for 1st place, $5,000 for 2nd place, etc. I'm actually considering doing this challenge too...why not...it's free!

Heather CP – I also meant to say congrats on the pending adoption. All the more reason for you to take good care of yourself…so you can keep chasing after your growing family.

I had a good day foodwise! Resisted two amazing, leftover chocolate chip cookies (put them in DH’s lunchbox for tomorrow so I wouldn’t have to look at them and made a point to eat dinner by 6:30 PM. I didn’t make it to the gym today, but it was almost 70 degrees in Atlanta, so I did a bunch of yardwork (at least I didn’t sit on my tushie all day!). I’m tired and am going to tape Desperate Housewives and watch it on the treadmill in the morning. Then I have gym dates with my girlfriend on Tuesday and Thursday night…if I schedule things I’m more apt to do them!

Weigh in tomorrow…..for no known reason I feel bloated, but we’ll see what tomorrow brings! Night all

amylou7777
01-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Joni- so glad to hear how motivated you are! Unfortunately we don't have a Kmart around here- sounds like great prizes!! I'd be up for that....

I'm looking forward to getting started on TBL challenge here on 3FC. I hope to get really into it...

Kimberly- thank you for the info! I think I'm going to order them. I still love TBL2 DVDs but it's nice to switch it up every now and then.

Lettie- that is a great deal on NS! I really disliked the food when my DBF ordered it (for 300/month I think!) a while back. But, I have several family friends who love it and have been successful. Thanks for the FYI!

Hi Dionne! Sorry to hear about your DD, hope she is ok!

I'm still not feeling so hot, I haven't had much of an appetite but have been reaching for anything sweet I can find! No good! But I'm trying to stay OP and get rested so I can make it through this first week of school.

Hope you all are well!

Angie
01-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Okay, it was Cameron's birthday today, and despite my good intentions, I ate the cake! I did skip a starch, but still, not my best decision. Here it is though, can you blame me?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/suziewan/Picture094.jpg?t=1199672110

I also updated my profile picture with a newer shot of my beautiful boy. The poor little guy was just pooped by the time people left at around 5:00. As he was hugging people goodbye, he'd close his eyes and almost pass out each time.

bayoubelle68
01-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Oh, Angie! He's beautiful! From the pictures, it looks like he has your eyes. So glad he had a great day. My DS will celebrate his 7th birthday next Saturday - I can't believe he's this old! He decided at the last minute that he wanted a dinosaur theme. Good thing his mom has a printing business or his invitations might not have gone out in time! We're having his party at a local gymnastics place. They have huge jumpers, slides, ball pits, everything - and it's all inside!

Amy - sorry you're feeling not-so-great! Hope you're not coming down with something. You're probably just worn out! It's TOM here and I could seriously eat the paint off the walls!

I just finished making DS's lunch and snack for tomorrow as well as my lunch. I laid out clothes for both kids and for me. I know we're all going to have a tough time going back tomorrow after being out of school for over 2 weeks. I thought I would make it easier on myself and try to get everything organized.

DH and I took photos at a Mardi Gras ball last night - We're in Louisiana, so Mardi Gras is HUGE here. We even get out of school for two days in February for it! I took the posed shots in front of a backdrop and DH and another of our photographers took the "party pics" inside the main room. It was fun. The later it got, the drunker they got, so needless to say, the last few I took were crazy! We were done by 10, had the truck loaded by 10:20, and DH and I realized that neither of us had eaten since noon. Since the kids were at my parents', we went out to eat. I've NEVER eaten dinner that late in my entire life - except maybe at a slumber party! LOL! We went to Logan's and I had the most amazing salad - which is really saying something since I would usually rather eat dirt than eat a salad. It's called the Anything and Everything Salad. It has a big bed of romaine, dried cranberries, toasted walnuts, chopped boiled egg, chunks of bleu cheese, a mequite-grilled chicken breast, and a balsamic vinegrette. It was wonderful! I know some of those things aren't so great on the plan, but there was just a sprinkling of each, so it wasn't like sitting down and eating a bowl of dried cranberries or a block of bleu cheese.

Okay, off to bed. 5 a.m. will come really early tomorrow!!

amylou7777
01-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Angie- you've got a heartbreaker on your hands for sure! Those eyes!! I bet he is pooped from his big party! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Felicia- I've been out of commission with this cold for the last three days. I feel like I've had more colds this past year than ever before?! I used to be the type who never got sick...maybe it's stress with school? On top of the cold it's TOM here too! Yikes! I like your analogy to eating the paint off the walls- I can relate! You've got to share the Dino-themed invites! How did you get involved in the printing bus? Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm always the invite designer for any parties being held...I can't imagine actually having the equipment to do it!

Luckily I was able to relax and get sleep this weekend. I'm hoping to feel better in the morning- I go back to school as well! I'm sad my free time is over, but am actually looking forward to the routine aspect. Makes eating so much easier for me.

Night all!

Dan2112
01-07-2008, 12:21 AM
One last post before bed..

Dionne.. Hope everything is ok with your kiddo!!!

Have a great night all, and my the POP be with you..