100 lb. Club - Where is everybody?

View Full Version : Where is everybody?

Lyn2007
12-08-2007, 10:10 PM
The board seems slow. I hope people aren't off taking a break for the holidays! Why wait til Jan 1? Do it now. No free pass for December. On Jan 1, will you weigh the same as you do now? Or more? Or less? It's up to you!

Ah well that's my pep talk for the day. I'd love to see more people posting!

Steelslady
12-08-2007, 10:38 PM
It is very quiet around here, I must admit. I'm gathering folks are just busy with shopping, decorating and parties. :D I'm sure this place will be bursting through the seams with posters come Janaury 2. :rofl:

maryblu
12-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Lyn and lady,

I feel your impatience. I think you are very wise to warn against waiting until Jan 2. ....there were other posts today with great wisdom about not waiting to start our lives. None of us has tomorrow..so, that said, what do we do? What are we willing to do on Dec. 9. 2007 to ensure our goals and to make the lives of those around us better?

I am trying to not wait until Jan. 2 to be healthy......it feels great to move, and for the most part, healthy eating habits feel better than unhealthy ones.....besides that, it is the season....the season to reach out and help anyone we can....

So, let's be ACTIVE!!!

SuchAPrettyFace
12-09-2007, 12:53 AM
My job is eating my life. Overtime, overtime, overtime. Have to take it while I can get it. I can't speak for anyone else, but that is where I have been.

Also, HR is cracking down on internet surfing and I have to be a good girl. :angel:

Suzanne 3FC
12-09-2007, 01:46 AM
It's always this slow before Christmas.

Just wait :hyper:

Sandi
12-09-2007, 02:58 AM
Christmas Shopping!!! :D

Beverlyjoy
12-09-2007, 07:15 AM
I think people get busy and many folks have such a hard time at Christmas with food. This is the first December in years that I will be really trying to watch what I eat and try to have a sane relationship with food during the holidays. It makes me nervous...frankly, I am a bit scared. It takes so much energy NOT to eat. I'll take each challenge as it comes.

Pita09
12-09-2007, 08:06 AM
I can understand why the board is so slow. This is a busy time of year for so many, and it's an emotionally challenging time of year for us trying to get over our addiction to food.

I'm not waiting for January. Most days I'm right on plan with food and exercising at the gym 6 days a week. Last night I went to a Christmas party and I had one to many cookies and one too many glasses of eggnog. I'm a little tired and achy this morning but I'm eating my Kashi and having my tea and then I'm going to the gym. I might not have the most intense workout but at least my butt will be working out. :)

Purplefirefly
12-09-2007, 09:12 AM
This is my first healthy Dec. and I thank this board for helping me! I have been making the time to get on here because it does help remind me what I am doing and why...esp. like staring at my tickers in odd moments of silence! A lot of people have tons of social events, still have to work, and then there's decorating and shopping and all, just busy! I have blown off most parties so far because hubby is off in Arizona until next weekend :cry: and I don't want to go alone anyway....that's the excuse, but really I don't feel strong enough to face all the yummy food just yet, have to let the sugar withdraws die down some first.

Anyway, that's why I'm not too busy to be here...and I am SO glad i am here and working out instead!

Schmoodle
12-09-2007, 10:27 AM
i think I'd be lost without my daily visits to 3fc!!
And doesn't it feel good to know that we've got a big head start over all the posters that will be showing up in January! This will be the first year on Jan. 1 that I won't be thinking "I've really got to do something about my weight this year".

nelie
12-09-2007, 10:38 AM
It is a busy time of year :)

I'm always here but I don't always post.

xJox
12-09-2007, 12:10 PM
I took the handmade challenge. Im doing all handmade gifts for my family/friends. So that alone has been eating up my time. Im still around though.

Lyn2007
12-09-2007, 12:44 PM
Wow, great to hear from you guys! Yeah, I guess it is a busy time. I have five kids, but I do most of my shopping online (great deals) so here I am. LOL! And I am also very happy that I am not waiting til Jan 1. I am down another pound today and if I can hang on through the cookie-making, etc, I hope to get rid of 5 pounds in December!

Mavesse
12-09-2007, 12:45 PM
I find being on plan so important for my emotional health. For me, an already stressful time like Christmas becomes a nightmare when my eating is out of control. I never want to put myself through that again. I'm so thankful for a little slice of sanity this year!

knitsforfive
12-09-2007, 09:43 PM
This is the first moment I have had to stop by today. My day began about 9:00 last night with my youngest vomiting through the night. That seemed to slow down right around 4:00, only to be followed at 5:00 this morning by my middle child vomiting. He went on until just before bed time and now, guess who is losing weight today in a bad bad way? Yes, I was the third to catch it. If I don't move too much I cam okay right now -- but who knows? Let's just hope this only lasts the 12 hours it lasted for my kids/

WHat a 24 hours.

All this to say, I have a note from hubby for today's absence, but I hope to be up and running (literally) tomorrow!

Thanks for the reminder.

Robin41
12-09-2007, 10:01 PM
I find being on plan so important for my emotional health. For me, an already stressful time like Christmas becomes a nightmare when my eating is out of control. I never want to put myself through that again. I'm so thankful for a little slice of sanity this year!

I couldn't agree more with this. I dread social occasions, fat or not, but having control of the food part of the holidays does seem to make it easier for me to have a good time. If I were really struggling right now with my eating, the stress of seeing so many people and having to find decent clothes that fit for every occasion, would be driving me over the edge.

I hope some people aren't staying away because they are struggling to get through the holidays. Stopping by here can be so much help; people should take advantage of it.

Trazey34
12-09-2007, 10:07 PM
I check in every day, it helps me to stay focused on what I'm trying to accomplish! But, like everyone already said, getting the house ready, hosting parties, making food galore (for others!) and shopping has taken up a lot of time!

I have to say, I'm in the BEST holiday spirits i've been in for a long long time! I'm having an absolute BALL cooking for others and still making a little something healthy for myself, it's been really fun and little "project" for me! My original goal was to NOT gain during the holidays, but I'm actually DOWN a little ! yay!

But I'll keep checking in each and every day! you guys ROCK!

NESunshine
12-10-2007, 01:11 PM
work work and more work! oh and then everything else.

I have a lovely company paid 2 weeks off for the holidays which is wonderful...but in order to be able to enjoy it I have basically loaded 6 weeks of work into 2 weeks. I'll be around more after the office is closed during the holidays!

famograham
12-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Like Nelie, I am also always here, but not always posting :)

UNLIKE Nelie, I am not even a tiny bit on plan. However, I am full of hope and looking toward the future. I am going to turn 30 on the 30th of this month, and I want my 30's to be healthier and happier than my 20's!

Christmas around here is always slow, but January 1st...look out...we'll have MANY new posters :)

:grouphug:
Linda

nelie
12-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Linda,

I know you can do it :) My 30th birthday was a big one for me and I think my 30s are a lot better than my 20s and I hope yours will be too.

Just take one moment at a time and you will get there. I'm not always 100% on plan but I do try to make it that way.

ChrissyBean
12-11-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm still here! I don't post a whole lot, but I do check in several times a day. You guys keep me honest (and sane).

denialisnthappiness
12-13-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm hiding!

I haven't just fallen off the wagon... I dived off it headfirst

I'm not in denial - I know the numbers I just don't want to talk about it :(

BattleAx
12-15-2007, 07:07 PM
It gets quieter and quieter around here every day!

Nori71
12-16-2007, 12:10 AM
It's always this slow before Christmas.

Just wait :hyper:LOL! Yeah, starting in about 16 days we'll be moving so fast here!!:dizzy:

sockmonkey70
12-16-2007, 01:04 AM
Wallowing in self pity here LOL. I am scared to get near the scale right now. My pants still fit but I know I have gaind a couple of pounds back. BUT I am out of school for a month so I get a chance to turn this thing around. It is just so hard for me to stay on track while in school. Summer was so easy LOL.

Gale02
12-16-2007, 01:48 AM
I've not been around much lately. Things around here have been crazy busy and I hurled myself off the wagon big time. I was maintaining, but then DH and I ended up having to live out of a hotel for two weeks (read: eating out 2 meals per day) and I've gained 4-5 lbs. I'm back on plan now with a vengance and not worried that I can't lose 5 piddly pounds. I'm bummed I gained them, but it won't take me long to get them back off. I even decided to cut out sugar for a while. Today is day 4 so my raging headache is gone. Even looking at the computer the last few days has sent my head crazy.

I'm around, not posting much but around. Hopefully I'll have good news about my weight loss to post soon!

Cuter w Curves
12-17-2007, 09:52 AM
I am here... In spirit if not in mind at times...

I got sick which made me way behind in my work and IA m lacking the motivation needed to plow through it all as fast as I would like. throw in the shopping and x-mas mess of family coming and... Well.

A quite me...

That is ok too though cause I do still pop in and read here and there.

****For anyone falling (or diving) off the wagon: It's ok. It happens to us all. Not get your arses back on it folks cause the snow's getting too deep to walk alone!*

ChrissyBean
12-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Nope, not taking time off, still on plan, still losing. :)

We've had a tummy bug taking out my family one by one and the stress and bustle of the season has me posting less (though I'm not a huge poster to begin with), but I'm still here. This place is able to keep me more honest than any other support site I can think of.

math puppy
12-18-2007, 03:59 AM
i saw this post card on thanxgiving..i think it came out of my tofurky box.. it said "an optimist starts a diet on thanxgiving day". it made me smile and well...feel optimistic. ;D

RitzyFritz
12-18-2007, 12:55 PM
On top of it being a busy time of the year, we in the mid USA just had a major ice storm that took our electricity - some for over a week, some still without power. I lost mine for 5 days and couldn't post. But, I'm here now and trying to catch up. I hope everyone is doing okay - even in the middle of your busy-ness! :-)

Merry Christmas to all!!!

denialisnthappiness
12-18-2007, 02:12 PM
ho hum... few more hours to go and 'day one' of back on plan will be done... struggling to get back on this wagon but i'll do it if it kills me! Three pairs out of four trousers don't fit :( Nothing like a literal 'I have nothing to wear' incentive!