View Poll Results: What is your body shape?
PEAR (small boobs, big tum, bum and thighs) 1 6.25%
APPLE (skinny legs and arms, big tum) 1 6.25%
TRIANGLE (broad shoulders, narrow hips) 3 18.75%
STICK (straight up and down) 0 0%
HOURGLASS (big bust and hips, narrow waist) 10 62.50%
OTHER (details please!) 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2002, 05:52 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Talking Friday At Last!!!

Morning everyone!!
How are we all doing today? It's almost the weekend and the sun is shining (kinda).
I didn't drink any alcohol last night - woo hoo! it's quite easy not to at the moment cos BF isn't drinking for a month (new year's resolution). i'm sure we'll both be back to normal in february!!
ali - hooray on those 4lbs! i'm a carb freak too!
kierie - how's dublin treating you!?
belle - hooray on your loss too (even though you are ill)!! hope you are feeling much better today.
KT- sorry to hear you had to work and not go riding. can't believe that they don't give you enough to do but won't let you surf!! rubbish!
jess - build your own nacho bar?! oh wow. mmmm, tzatziki. i love greek food. when BF and i were greek island hopping we ate so much nice stuff!
hello kim, tonya, jen k and l, stacey, sarah, shalyne, trish, lolly, mandie, rina, lisa, becky, and all the others who are going to post!! (i've ran out of names. if i missed you out, come and tell me). ooh, haven't heard from kay in ages - where are you kay?
love kirsty
ps hope you all have a fantastic, on program, weekend!
Old 01-18-2002, 08:29 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Hmmm, I guess a traingle describes me best. My hips are narrower than my shoulders!

So how is everyone this morning? I have been keeping my points all week, I am going to see a personal trainer this morning!

Kirsty: good to know that I am not the only carb freak out there. Ah, at least its the weekend starting in about 7 hours for me heheheeh, though I work all weekend... I guess you can't win them all.

Take care everyone!

ali
Old 01-18-2002, 08:45 AM   #3  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Hi Girls.

I have an hour glass figure only relatively. My waist is much smaller than my chest or my hips. Jeans fit me in the hips and then hang open at the waist and it sucks!

I too am Queen Carb. I love all the carbohydrates. I have to make an effort to get in the other food groups. One thing though... I always had to have a carbohydrate side for my entire life. If I had a sandwhich, I'd have a carb side. Even though the bun would be a carb. Now, if I have a sandwhich, I've been much better about having a veggie or fruit side. Doesn't mean I don't sneak in an occasional side of chips or pasta... but much less often.

Kirsty - good for you and the booz. I'm cutting back too. I'll prob drink at my party next month though. But I find I save points and money when I don't drink.

Ali - Let me know how you like the personal trainer. I really want to see one. I can get 3 1-hour sessions for $150. But I think I might make that my 75 pound reward... which would be when I get to 145.

Hey all!!! Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
Old 01-18-2002, 09:44 AM   #4  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default My body is OTHER right now!

It really is more of an old lady droopy stomach thing..with HUGE boobs! Very funny looking. It is like I have this saging tire thing hanging around my tummy...droping to my hips. BLACH! But I am taking weight off and I am walking with Alex. We are not approved to do any real workout for 3 mo. But you get a great workout for your arms moving a 9 lb kid around. I put him in his body holing thing that straps onto my chest and walked up and down the stairs yesterday. Too cold to go out for a walk. Today I think we will do the same. Also, I am going to WW tomorrow to start again. You get a lot of points for the breastfeeding plan!

Kirsty: congrats on the gold star.

Ali: I was going over some old post and saw that you broke up with your BF. Hope all is well. Have fun with the PT.

Lisa: I also have a hard time with carbs. I love them and forget about the protein a lot. I am trying to be ver well rounded in my eating for the breastfeeding. Is candy a food group? It is on the bottom of the triangle, right?

Hello to eveyone else. Alex is wonderful but time consuming, so I am not sure when I will be back. I try to lurk or post, but then he cries. He is not right now. Oh, and we are going to go to my water class today (the one for pg women) to show off little Alex. Boy, I miss that class.

Trish
Old 01-18-2002, 10:41 AM   #5  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Awww! I love babies!!

Trish: Have fun at the water class!!!
Ugh! I wanted to talk about lots of stuff but I'm getting phone calls out the wazoo!!
Hey, I'm trying to talk my sister into posting here, too. She's getting started on WW at home.
Getting back to work,
Bye!!
Old 01-18-2002, 10:41 AM   #6  
Eve's Mom

Default Hourglass ....

I voted Hourglass. Like Lisa, my hip/waist ratio is so different that I have to get all jean/pants taken in at the waist inches if they fit nice in my hips. I also have big boobs....but my shoulders are not very broad, I am not large on top in spite of the bit boobs.

At home again, feeling quite ill. I have been working for an hour already as I got up with b/f and made him breakkie and drove him to work. He has a headcold, but he says he is not sick enough to stay home, so he's working. He is cancelling his skiing trip for tomorrow, so he must be feeling rubbish (love the Kirsty/Lolly words....) I felt like my mom - she used to make me breakfast and lunch every morning, even in university when I asked her not too b/c I felt guilty and like a loser as well, and she insisted. Before I got my car, she would drive me to school/work if I was ill or if it was really cold. But it gave her a sense of purpose, and since I am the baby, I suspsect it kept her going. Lucky for me, my sister had a baby right when I was close to graduation, so she can dote on her now. made moving out easier a bit...

Mom is taking living with b/f really well! I thought she'd be uncomfortable, but she really likes my b/f and likes that he takes care of me when I am sick, etc. He really is a good guy!!

Kirsty - Yay on not drinking!! Our sun is not shining over here...its cold, -10C today. Which of course, is not as cold as it can get in Canada, but in Calgary we have super warm weather lately and we are spoiled!!

Ali - your body strikes me as being very fit (from your photos). Let us know how the trainer goes!!

Lisa - its so true!! Like last night is a good example of the carb on the side thing...I made chicken burgers (which are on a bun) and then I made a salad on the side, and I realized I felt a bit cheated b/c I didn't have fries or a potatoe or rice...hmmmm...perhaps I am an addict as well?! I think its sort of an upbringing thing too though, my mom ALWAYS made us a carb on the side, pasta salad or something.

Trish - you are allowed to have a "miscelleanous" shape right now!! Alex is 9 lbs? Oh my god, that's pretty big for a month old, but then some women pass out 9-12 pounders in birth! YIKES!! Love to Alex!!

Well, I should get some work done. Its so nice to work at home b/c you get WAY MORE DONE with no one bugging you or distracting you in your cubicle, which is nice.

Adios amigos!!

Belle
Old 01-18-2002, 10:44 AM   #7  
Bono Fanatic!

Default Hi girls!

I am somewhere between and apple and an hourglass. I am pretty curvy with hips much bigger than my waist and skinny legs, but I have always had a gut and do not have big boobs. And now you all know all about my body! (And what was I thinking when I thought it was a good idea to get a bikini and eyebrow wax BEFORE work this morning?!)

Trish - It is SO good to hear from you! I'm sure little Alex is wonderful, even if he is keeping you super busy. Have fun showing him off at swim class!

Ali - Let us know how it goes with the personal trainer! I've thought about doing that as well.

Lisa - 3 sessions for $150 sounds like a really good price to me. Everything around me is SO expensive. I think that would make a great reward when you get to 75 pounds lost!

Kirsty - The greek islands.... I have always wanted to go there! I am going to Italy in June and that will be my first time overseas so I am VERY excited!!

I am so glad it is Friday, even though I have a busy weekend. I have the law school open house tomorrow, and then it is a big sports day in Chicago (and I am a HUGE sports fan!) so I plan on spending the rest of the day at a bar (there I go drinking again! ) watching Michael Jordan's return to Chicago when the Wizards play the Bulls and then the Bears playoff game.
Then on Sunday I have cooking class and my niece's birthday party. I may be going to dinner tonight with the date boy (don't know what to call him!) but he spent the week in Atlanta for work and is going to see what time he actually gets back and how tired he is so our plans are only tentative.

Now that I just wrote a book, I am off to work!

Last edited by JKarr; 01-18-2002 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-18-2002, 10:45 AM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Wink Oh, Hi Stacey

We were posting at the same time....
Belle
Old 01-18-2002, 10:59 AM   #9  
Bono Fanatic!

Hi Stacey and Belle!
We were all posting at the same time.

Belle - I hope you start feeling better!
Old 01-18-2002, 11:29 AM   #10  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Waxing?!?!?

Jen: I don't know how you can sit (or lay) through a bikini wax!!
Yikes! My eybrows are enough for me!
Do you go to a salon? How naked to you have to get?
Just wondering. I've always wanted to know but never wanted to ask.
Hi all!!! Back to work.
Belle: I always fix a carb on the side, too!
Old 01-18-2002, 11:33 AM   #11  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! I've already had a wonderfully productive day today, so I think it's OK if I take a quick break to yammer for awhile.

It's Friday so I took a second to look back on my week and am a little disappointed with myself. It seems like I spent most of the week going over my points limit. Perhaps it's just guilt from eating "bad food" all week--Monday was the cheeseburger and fries that I thought was in my points range. Wednesday was those nachos, and last night was the gyros. However, things should settle down a little bit now and I can hopefully get myself back in line.

Is there anyone on here that has any pointers for me with the following problem: I use all my points because I'm always SO hungry, but I want to bank some. What can I do to keep myself from starving, but not use all my points so I can bank some? (I made some soup with TONS of veggies and chicken broth, but hated it.) Any other suggestions? I'd really appreciate anything...

About body shape--I called myself a triangle. I have great big boobs (and the broad shoulders to carry them), and pretty much no hips and skinny legs.

Kirsty--Way to go on not drinking! I could never drink because I just have to use my points on food. Isn't Greek food the best? I am so envious of you, going island hopping. I hope to someday honeymoon there (just need to find a nice, rich husband ). I posted the recipe for tzatziki on the recipe thread, it's so yummy and you can use it for anything.

Stacy--you should definitely get your sister to post here. Everyone is SO nice. I've been posting for, like, a week and already feel like I know everyone here and am close friends with them. It's nice to have someone who can relate to what we're going through.

Belle--I am very envious of you. I would love to live with my boyfriend (even though right now he's sort of my non-boyfriend--still very strange situation). And it's great that your mom took it so well and that he takes care of you when you're sick. I've only had someone do that for me once, and it's the greatest... But I do hope that you feel better soon!

JKarr--Sounds like you have an exciting weekend planned, wish I could say the same. It'll be another weekend of not doing a darn thing for me. Whoohoo! If you end up having a date, I hope it's a good one!

Trish--Your water class sounds like fun! And I bet it'll be even more fun to take and show off your sweet little guy!

Hi to everyone else. Have a great Friday and a great weekend!!

Jess
Old 01-18-2002, 11:42 AM   #12  
Bono Fanatic!

Default Waxing details

Stacey - It isn't so bad, and the results make it totally worth the pain to me. I have very sensitive skin so I don't take well to shaving down there! I get it done at a salon, and it is very discreet. (although that kind of thing doesn't make me uncomfortable at all. I could lie there naked if I had to!) You put on paper underwear, which they pull to the side to do the waxing. It only takes about 10 minutes, and doesn't hurt anymore than the brows, if you ask me. I love it.

Jess - I'm glad you are fitting in here so well. I think it is great that you take the time to reflect on your week, even if it wasn't great, because that will definitely help you improve over time. You're new to ww, aren't you? If you are, don't feel bad about using all of your points and not being able to bank any. You will find yourself less hungry as time goes on, and will have more points to save then. It is so important to listen to your body and use all of your points if you are hungry. Deprivation will only lead to more trouble. As for eating more for few points, I hate to say it, but veggies are the best. Keep trying different soups until you find something that works. Add a can of diced tomatoes in addition to the chicken broth and it will be tastier. Beans, if you like them, are a good addition to soup and are low in points. I also will eat high fiber bread and a slice of low fat cheese (the carbs and protein really fill me up) if I am especially hungry. Good luck! It will get a bit easier, I promise!
Old 01-18-2002, 12:31 PM   #13  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jess,

I know what you mean. Some days I feel like I have barely eaten a thing and I'm at my max. But I've found that other days I'm struggling to eat my minimum.

What I do, if I know I need to bank or if Iknow 'm planning on a larger dinner, I have a set breakfast and lunch. I make an egg beaters omlette with green peppers, onions, and salsa and no cheese. It's only one point. The egg beaters omlette is pretty big and can keep me full til lunch. Then at lunch I'll have a 3-4 point sandwhich and veggitables. Then I'll have an afternoon snack - usually an M&M Kudos bar (2 points). That all adds up to 6-7 points and leaves me plenty for dinner and banking.

Sure it's boring... but it's a sure menu for when I know I'll need the poitns.

My 3-4 point sandwhiches always have the real low-cal bread which is 2 sliced for one point. Then I'll have either Healthy Choice deli sliced (6 for 1 point) or BBQ chicken. What I do for the BBQ chicken is take canned chicken (sounds gross but when I add the bbq sauce it takes just like pulled bbq chicken). Drain it. Add onions, seasoned salt, crushed red pepper and bbq sause. Half the can is 2 points. It's an awesome sandwhich.

And while these meal ideas might not do it for you... my suggestion is find a 1-2 point breakfast, a 3-4 point lunch and a 1-2 point snack that you like and always have those items on hand. That way when you know you'll need to the points, it'll be a no brainer.

And you could always have the real low-point popcorn on hand to fill up during the empty stomach feeling times.

All post to all soon, I just wanted to give Jess some tips.

Lisa

Last edited by tilley; 01-18-2002 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-18-2002, 12:34 PM   #14  
Proud Canadian

Internet police are in a meeting

- I've got more work starting monday - I'm a medical office assistant for 2 weeks, sounds like fun. I went to the barn and got very depressed after I found out that one of the babies (he was 2) tried to jump a fence and broke his neck and died. It was very sad. And my friend's 2 year old filly cut herself (no one knows how) and the cut got infected and she couldn't even walk on her back leg. I went down this morning to give her the antiboitics and noticed she ate for the first time in 3 days so that's a plus. I might even get to go riding this afternoon in the snow! (it's only minus 2 though, nothing like Calgary Belle)

As for shape, I'm hourglass all the way. I've never actually had my pants taken in at the waist but sometimes pants will fit perfect through the hips and thighs and have 2 extra inches around the waist - very frustrating. Remember though, Marilyn Monroe was a size 14 - very hourglass.

Jenn - I used to wax when I was Lifeguarding because I was so self-concious, now I wear shorts over my suit because I found it painful.

Jess - Try making sure you get your water in with your meals - it can help to make that full feeling last. I have to eat 6 times a day or I get ravenous at mealtimes but I make sure to have water with every meal.

Stacey - yeah, get your sister on, the more the merrier.

Belle - Sorry you're not feeling better. get some rest and don't overdo it.

Lisa - $150 for 3 sessions!!?!! Most of the fitness clubs around here have free sessions with personal trainers as long as you have a membership. And the memberships don't usually cost more than $30 a month (and that's Canadian money) Although, worth every penny if it works.

Trish - so glad you are enjoying little Alex - post a picture soon!!!

Ali - have fun with your trainer.

Kirsty - congrats on the non-drinking evening. When I first went on WW I didn't drink for just over a month, then I got completely ripped one weekend(on mixed drinks with milk and lots of sugar) and the following WI I was down over 4#! I guess there's something to say for not being a teetotaller.

Hi to everyone else I missed or anyone lurking. Have a fab weekend!
KT
Old 01-18-2002, 12:37 PM   #15  
Proud Canadian

Lisa - omigod! That BBQ chicken sandwich sounds excellent - I'm picking up chicken tonight!
KT
Closed Thread