Old 11-01-2007, 07:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something Chat Thur Nov 1st

Well its Novemeber...hmmm only 2 months left of the year as DH put it last night. I guess i've got to get motivated. Hannah - i did take the mutt for a walk last night...so i think i was just in a rutt for a week or two. At least i maintained during that period. I feel motivated today. It will definately be harder with the holidays coming up...but since im not really going any where...i might actually be able to loose. My goal is to try to loose 15 lbs by mid january. I'm going to a veterinarian conference in Orlando then...and if i loose the 15 lbs i'm going on a shopping spree they have a kick butt outlet mall and regular mall that i love. So ill do some learning and some shopping LOL.

LL - congrats on the weight loss. Maybe you just need to build some muscle to help burn off a few lbs. and i know what you mean about just laying around on your day off. I do that ALOT LOL.

alright all...got to get ready for work....bye all
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:01 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Halloween was soo much fun last night! The boys were hilarious in their Superman costumes, "flying" from door to door. Peter made up a trick or treating song and they were singing that. Robby just thought it was the coolest thing that you could ring a doorbell, say trick or treat, and someone gives you candy!

We have about 4 gallon ziplocks full of chocolate, cookies, crackers and hard candy type stuff! I'm going to freeze most of it. And NO, not one piece of candy passed my lips!!

I'll post pics probably tomorrow.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/228/150

hey all...guess i'm behind at posting but i've been doing good. i didn't go to the gym this morning because i have the day off so i did a mile on my treadmill and thought i was gonna die. lol...guess i need to get on that treadmill more often.

yesterday went good. my boss bought pizza for everyone and i passed and at what i brought and then didn't have any candy lastnight even with taking the kids trick or treating.
1970baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:27 AM   #4  
LBH

Great job passing on the goodies 1970!!
Old 11-01-2007, 11:07 AM   #5  

GOOD MORNING!

i am exhausted...anyone else?...last night was a blast..little mario was too cute...he was batman..and he told every single person he saw...it was funny..some lady asked if she could take a pic of him..i was hesitant but decided to let her cause he had his pose all ready and he had a 1/2 mask type thing on so i said fine...

everyone have a good time handing out candy or going trick or treating..i want to see pics of the little ones and big ones in their costumes...nto sure if anyone put some up already but lets do!

have a great day!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:15 AM   #6  
LBH

Christina, Funny, one older couple in our neighborhood wanted to take a pic of my boys too. I thought about it for 1/2 a second, but didn't really have time to say no. Not to be stereotypical, but they were an older couple and obviously thrilled to have little kids come around, and probably just wanted to look at the pics and reminise (sp).
Old 11-01-2007, 11:19 AM   #7  

I am sooooo jealous of all of you. My dumb city did Halloween from 1-4 on Sunday. Talk about boring for the poor kids. Bella loved it though. She was sooooo cute!! Everyone kept asking me if I made her costume. Ummmm, no but I did BUY it homemade on eBay. hehehe. Sorry best I can do!!

Work is good could be a bit more busy. I have been advertising more. Hate to pay for ads but HAVE to. I have been dreading the "basket season" which is approaching very quickly. Will have more to do than can handle in a few short weeks.

Hope all are well!!

I posted a new November Challenge. Feel free to join if you want!!
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:02 PM   #8  

Bella for Halloween
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0023_2.jpg (25.0 KB, 16 views)
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Halloween Hangover on this end.... not from booze but from sweets... I am so proud of all of you that didn't touch your kids candy!!!!!!!!!! Wish that I could have done the same.

We had a great Halloween. Lots of kids and so many of them were wearing the funniest costumes this year! Lots of homemade costumes that were loaded with creativity. DS didn't want to dress up and go out this year so he stayed home and helped his dad hand out candy. My two little girls were dressed up and they looked so sweet... My 7 year old was a unicorn and my 4 year old was a cheetah/butterfly/ballerina... Orange and black cheetah mask and tail, orange and black butterfly wings and a black leotard completed the ensemble. She insisted on wearing this (my 7 year old wouldn't be caught dead in such a get-up!). Strange thing is that it worked for her. She is a one of a kind kid;-).

GG ~ I hear ya' about the lack of motivation... I really need to get my butt in gear. I've been eating way too many sweets again. It scares me as it will only get worse with the holidays approaching.

Lauren ~ you really do have two little "super"men! Them flying from door to door sounds funny. Does your new neighborhood have lots of kids?

1970 baby ~ good for you on passing on the pizza!

Morning Christina ~ I'm funny about people taking pictures of my kids too... unfortunately, you just never know if it will end on in the hands of a nut.

Laurie ~ Doing Halloween early is dumb. Did some kids go out trick-or-treating last night regardless? I hope that business picks up shortly. Are you advertising for the Christmas basket season? Getting some advance orders would be nice.

I'll post some photos later... hope that everyone has an excellent Thursday ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 01:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

I am on a Halloween Hangover too. I still feel sick from eating sweets all day and night. Blah. I even had a plan in place to avoid sweets. Congrats to those who didn't indulge.
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 01:51 PM   #11  
LBH

Laurie, Bella looks very sweet!

Joan, I think it's the age! Peter is a one of a kind nut too! Yeah, there does seem to be a good amount of kids...not overrun, but we saw probably 10-15 kids.

Last edited by LBH; 11-01-2007 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:23 PM   #12  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Lisa, congrats on the 2lb weight loss. It's nice to see especially when the thing doesn't budge for a while. Mine budges all the time however, it yoyos.

Laurie, your little Alice in Wonderland is so cute.

By the way, how do you post a picture?

Not sure if it's just my kids ages but they were really not into Halloween this year. I have to admit it was more fun when they were younger. DD wasn't interested at all! There were not alot of houses handing out either. DS probaly filled half his pumpkin. I remember years past I had to carry around another sack. Believe me though it was more than enough. Oh and the local Dairy Queen was giving away free ice cream cones. Sweet couple who owns the DQ.

Talk later,
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:24 PM   #13  

Laurie ~ Bella is a beautiful little girl. I love her blonde hair.

Grazer ~ yeah, I had a plan in place too. I bought the kind of candy that kids love (nerds, skittles, laffy taffy, etc., etc...) to hand out. I purposely did not want CHOCOLATE in this house. Unfortunately, my girls brought home two bags *filled* with the stuff that I like... lots of chocolate:-(.

Alicia ~ I meant to respond to your post earlier... $25,000 for a house? You're right, it sounds way too good to be true. I hope that DH wouldn't buy it w/o you seeing it. My folks live in a rural area and I don't even know of anyhouses around there that go for that price. Yikes.

Off to pick up DH's dry cleaning and fill the van with gas before picking up my little monsters ~ Joan
Old 11-01-2007, 03:32 PM   #14  

Laurie ~ just read in the "October Challenge Post" that you lost 9 lbs. this month. Excellent news ~ you've been working so hard and I'm happy for you. Obviously, I did *not* meet my goal. In fact, I got on the scale this a.m. and I'm up 1 1/2 pounds. Halloween candy has been put away and I'm back in the saddle again...
Old 11-01-2007, 04:32 PM   #15  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Afternoon all. I went to Target today thinking I could buy a Halloween storage box for cheap. Well, they had the bottoms but no tops! Who takes just the tops? Darn. I've done well staying out of the candy so far.

Crying girlie in my lap won't let me type. I'll try later.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote