100 lb. Club - I am not losing weight because...

View Full Version : I am not losing weight because...

shelby897
10-12-2007, 01:25 PM
So tired of the poor excuses I've used to lose weight. They never get me anywhere!!

I am NOT losing weight because:

I will "fit in" with the skinny moms at school.
My family will quit making the durogatory "you've gained so much" comments.
To heal my marriage.

I am losing weight:
For my health, happiness and self esteem.
For my children to have a mom who can "participate".
To look "hot" again :D

Every day brings new challenges and I wish losing weight was like winning the lottery -- two seconds of effort for the prize. But, I have to constantly tell myself it takes a while for your effort to show, but once that starts, it all "smiles and rewards" from then on.

pamatga
10-12-2007, 01:47 PM
:carrot:Good reasons both ways!

Here are a couple more that I have:

I'm tired of being tired!

I'm tired of talking about losing weight or I'm on a diet----I think people zone out when I say either of these. For once, I want to prove them wrong! And, me right!

I want to move on in my life and have something else to think about, talk about, dream about, wish for and hope for.

Let's make a deal with ourselves today! Let's do it!

Good luck!

GirlyGirlSebas
10-12-2007, 01:49 PM
There are so many reasons why I'm doing this and my reasons keep evolving as I continue on this journey. One thing I can say with certainty, I may enjoy the complements and I enjoy the renewed interest from Hubby.... but, I am absolutely doing this for me!

xJox
10-12-2007, 01:51 PM
There are millions of reasons that I want to lose weight and each one is important to me no matter how vain they may seem.

I think ALL your reasons are great.

midwife
10-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Shelby,

It's wonderful to frame our goals in a new way. I suspect many of us are so busy doing for others, that it is a challenge to put our bodies and our health up as priorities. I agree: Do it for yourself!!!! And not to meet other folks' expectations.

Your avatar always makes me smile!

hellokitty81668
10-12-2007, 02:33 PM
I think your reasons are great!! you can do it !!
cheryl

Sandi
10-12-2007, 02:55 PM
For my health, happiness and self esteem.
For my children to have a mom who can "participate".
To look "hot" again :D

I think those are GREAT Reasons!

I want to move on in my life and have something else to think about, talk about, dream about, wish for and hope for.

Yep - this is me in a nutshell!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!