Old 10-06-2007, 03:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 304/300.8/170

Height: 5' 6.5"

Default Well, here it goes...

Hey, I'm OBVIOUSLY new here. So here goes my life in a nutshell...

I have been overweight most of my life, but never to this extreme! IT SUCKS! I am uncomforetable in my own body- totally not a normal feeling. I have such a bad body image of myself I feel like I am in someone elses body! I get so overwhelmed by everything, and it just keeps spiraling and spiraling...When I was much smaller than I am now I just thought...ah, I'm so heavy already that if I eat one more bite, it won't make a difference. How could I get any bigger? Well, quite a few of those "one more bites" later and here I am, much larger than I could ever imagine. I mean, to hear someone say that you are morbidly obese, come on...that just plain sucks! But I am changing things and thinking about LIFE...with my children...my husband...my family. Why did I do this to myself? Its time to change! For good!!! I am so shy that I don't really talk to my family or friends about losing weight. I just think I need a little support in my journey, so I definately WELCOME anything and everything everyone has to say!!!

Oh, I found out that I have to have my gall bladder out. THAT SUCKS!!! If laproscopic doesn't word...major surgery...AHHHHH! I have had c-sections with all 3 children, but there were babies at the end of the rainbow. Not just stupid gall stones(seven to be exact)! Anyways, I just had to vent on my gall bladder!

Oh, and I know my picture sucks...but then again, who likes their pics taken anyway???

PS...Sorry if I ramble! I do that a lot!

Last edited by Tonyams; 10-06-2007 at 03:53 AM.
Tonyams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 02:01 PM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

Hey TOny - nice to meet you. Congrats on making the decision to start your weightloss journey! while it sucks re: your gallstones I believe it might be a blessing in disguise as I'm pretty sure you have to stick to an almost fat free diet till you get them out (is this right?) what a great opportunity to work on your eating habits (with out any excuses!)! good luck i know you can do it!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 04:39 PM   #3  

Height: 5'3

Welcome! Congrats on taking a step into the direction of getting your life healthier!
gremlina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 04:41 PM   #4  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

HI and !
It´s really great that you made your first step(s) on your journey to better health, a better body image and the body you want!
For me, it´s a long a difficult journey, but I think it´s really worth it. I was ill for some time, stressful things in University...so now I am starting again as well. I am a bit..."not happy" at the moment because I want results and I want them NOW! But "Every journey starts with a first step" (or something like that).

I am not sure, maybe there are some people who actually enjoying getting pics taking (Heidi Klum, I am talking of you...), but I really **** hate it. My first reactio is always: Thank god I don´t look like in the pic. And then someone comes along, saying: hey, what a nice pic of you!

Ok, I don´t really know, but aren´t gallstones extremly painful??

All the best to you!!

Kate

Last edited by Kate109; 10-06-2007 at 04:42 PM.
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:05 PM   #5  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Welcome, Tony!

I know what oyu mean about one more bite, I'm already overweight. I said the same thing to myself every time I got candy out of the school vending machine.

Do you have a weight loss plan, yet? I'm in my fourth week and am here to tell you, once you have a plan and begin, it gets much easier as you go along! You have already done one of the hardest parts by saying enough is enough.

Good luck with your journey! This is a great place to start
ollie27 is offline   Reply With Quote