Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #29

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #29

Mom2Gaby
09-27-2007, 02:25 PM
:haphal::witch:I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......":witch:

Please pull up a chair and join us on our weight loss journey!!:comp::cofdate:

Mom2Gaby
09-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Good Morning -

Jules - 3 more months for the baby? wow. How are you?? Miss chatting with you! Hugs to Teri :hug:.

Mindee - What does Tommy do? Halloween should be fun in your house! I usually take Gab for some trick/treating and go to a church afterwards for some safe fun. She wants to be a red power ranger this year. Seems like my plate is full, huh?? Oh, you asked about Rocky and he did call this morning. We have this horrible 3 hour difference and he is either calling at 11pm - and I will not answer the phone!! lol ....I am not getting up for any man. anyway - he is a sweetie and has a stress free life in the tropics.

Cristina - Love the Halloween avatar and tracker! How are you feeling today? My finger tips are all cracked from the dry weather. Dang -

Sue - :hug::hug: continued hugs and prayers for you!!

So, I am having a wonderful morning. I need to go to Rach's school and track her down. I guess she came home late last night and left this morning before she could get yelled at.:nono: for not obeying about curfew. A school friend called from school wanting to know where she was...so I doubt she made it to school. Little Brat! :bb: like I don't have enough to worry about. Grrrrrrrr

Gab did wake up in a good mood, even though we were an hour late getting to bed. She took a bath and washed her hair and even said she was sorry for something.....lol - got her to school and off she went. Ain't she a wonderful little girl.......oh, Beck is fine too. She is the middle child....we kind of forget about her. .....lol :faint:

I did have a bagel w/ turkey this morning. It was soooooo good. I figured I deserved something yummy....I am also reading Into the Wild, hope to go see the movie this weekend.

Hi to Katy, Sassy,Michelle and Carol!!

anyway - off on a *child search*!!::mag:

FrouFrou
09-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...still feeling crappy. I don't think I've had these allergies like this before. Benedryl helps, a lot but I have only taken it close to bed time because it makes me sleepy. Haven't done much walking this week because of it. But I am getting back on track Monday regardless. Sorry to hear about your ex and Rachel. Hugs to you all, hope you find Rach.

About Olive Garden, I always get the lasagna. I always say I am going to try something different but it's good so I stick with it, lol. V gets the tour of italy, he likes that. Plus he eats what I don't finish, lol. Okay, what is Into The Wild...it sounds familiar but I can't think of what it is.

MINDEE...that sucks about Tommys job. They should have given him a second chance at least. Man if V didn't stay on track he would be fired by now, lol. It's hard too though with so many different people working on one plane...gotta stay out of each others way. I love the halloween stuff too! I don't decorate the house except for the lighted pumpkins I put out on Halloween night. I just put out a big pot of purple mums and then a small pot of yellow ones with a scarecrow and some pumpkins that I don't decorate. Plus a fall wreath I made...that's about the extent of decorating for the fall. I do plan on dressing up though while I hand out candy...just gotta find something to go with my black & orange stripe tights and black hat. So what will the kids be, any ideas yet? I remember when the kids were little how I recycled costumes for a few years, lol.

JULES...hugs to you. Sorry about the migraines and allergies...been there done that so I know it's not fun. I've had bifocals for a few years now and not had any problems. They were a little werid at first but made reading a lot easier. I hate that I can't get the smaller frames because of them though, like the black rim glasses, the square or oval shaped ones...I love all the new styles but I can't have them, lol. Glad to hear Teri and the baby are well.

SASSY...I meant to say the other day when you asked my weight and story that Susan has a story to tell. She has come a long way baby and is an inspiration to me! She was even in the paper! Hope you and your hubby are enjoying your time off!

SUE...hugs to you and your mommma. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

HIYA KATY, KATHY, CAROL, MICHELLE...why does it seem like I am missing someone?

As I said I have been feeling crappy and running around too much so the exercise has been suffering. I did walk a couple of days this week but that is it and very sad. I am starting a challenge on Monday though and will get back into it full force like I was. I saw this challenge on Leslie Sansones WATP site, or rather in the newsletter I receive. So I signed up for this challenge to walk more. It starts Oct 1. Probably in my head I know I am doing that so I haven't cared much about walking this week. I do plan on going to the park tomorrow and Saturday so I haven't not done anything this week, just not as much as I have been.

Anyway...hoping all is well with you all in your little corner of the world.

luckycharm
09-27-2007, 11:40 PM
Hi everyone

Hope everyone had a great day.

Where does all the time go in a day???

Sassy_Chick
09-27-2007, 11:53 PM
Hi all, just a quick pop in to say hi and a special Hello to Jules! Glad to see you posting!

Vacation is going great, too bad mine ends in 3 nights after tonight.......:( But to everything there has to be an end...........;)

:hug: to all!

Mom2Gaby
09-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Good Morning All!

Time is ticking to get to 169 by the end of the month!!!

Oh, we found Rach, Cristina. I guess she was at school after all and even was sweet enough to check in. So, child found!! I thought they were all horrible last night so I didn't hang around the ex's too long. Gab and I went and bought some frozen dinners and played with her animals all evening. She had them going up and down the couch in a row all night long. We were escaping the lava......finally I said, lets leave them in line and start back up in the morning...she said ok to that and off we went to bed. lol

The homecoming sounds like fun Cristina!! You are such a good mother. It is silly string but with all the weird airport security things going on you might want to do that at home. We don't need to see your family on the 11pm news. haha.....

Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer - It is not a very big book, I am almost done. It is about young man that went out in the Alaska wild (I think in 1991) and passed away due to starvation after 4 months. It tells a lot about his adventures bumming around the country in his last 2 years and finally he headed for Alaska.He was a very well read guy with a college degree. Anyway - Sean Penn produced his story and the movie comes out this weekend (or it might already be out??). Oprah had a show on it last week and my mom just happened to have the book.

Ok.............I better get busy!! Hope to hear from you Kathy & Jules!!

Enjoy the rest of your vacation Sassy!!

HUGS Sue & Mindee!!!!

Chat later

FrouFrou
09-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Hiya ladies! :wave:

SUSAN...glad Rach was found, lol. Are you looking forward to the trip to AR? Going to miss you when you go :( That book/movie sounds familiar...wonder if they already made a movie about it...if not I have seen one similar to it. Sounds good though.

SASSY...glad you and hubby are enjoying your time off. Wow, can't believe it's almost over already. :(

KATHY...so good to see you posting, we have missed you around here.

HIYA CAROL, MICHELLE, SUE, KATY, JULES and anyone reading this.

I've had a busy morning. Dragged my arse out of bed and went to the park for my 3 mile walk. Actually felt pretty good. Then dropped off all my stuff at the recycling place...that actuals feels good to...to be doing something to help the earth. :) Came home and then mowed the front and back yard, so I got a good work out today. That took over a hour. And the day is not over. V is coming home early and we are going to be working more on the pergola. Almost have it done.

Hoping everyone has a GREAT Friday!

jules1216
09-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Cristina--Teri and I always go together to help pick out each opthers frames. Every pair we liked they told me were to narrow for the progressive lenses. I am having some trouble getting adjusted to the progressive lenses. I am in my contacts today. I may go back for the black frames that I loved with out the bifocal part.

SuzyQ--That movie looks really good. I saw part of an interview with the guy who plays the lead--I forgot how much weight he lost for the part--he said at the end of it Sean Penn had chocolate waiting for him. I'd like to go see the Jodie Foster movie that is playing now.

Sassy--Hey there, vacation sounds nice.

Kathy--Hi to you to , long time no chat!!

Katy & Michelle--hi to the both of you to.

Nothing exciting except waiting for the baby to arrive.

luckycharm
09-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Hi everyone. Happy Friday.

Cristina, so you are building a new pergola for the new house? Good thing you have already built one, so you guys are pro's now. How long will Josh get to stay home for? Hope that you are feeling better. Leslie has a website with a challenge? I might have togo and check it out.

SuzyQ, I guess you better fill me in on what is going on in your world. So Little Princess is in Kindergarten now? So is Cole. He loves it. He goes Monday and Wednesdays for full days, and 1 Friday a month. Cody (Big brother) drives him to school.

Hi Sassy, glad that your having a good vacation. Amazing how fast the time goes isn't it. I hope that you sure enjoy your last 3 days.

Mindee how are you all adjusting to Tommy's new job? Does he like it? That must be a hard shift to work. My daughter does not know what she is having. They will not tell you at this clinic that she is going to.

Jules, well it seems that we are gonna be gramma's together. My DD is expecting, but she only has about a month left to go. She is getting impatient now. Her father is having a very hard time with this, although I guess he has come to terms with it. He finally admitted it is because his little princess is growing up. It has been a terribly long 8 months at this household because of this.

Well I must run and put a certain little prince to bed. Then I must go to bed to as I have to work in the morning.

tommysgirl18
09-29-2007, 02:52 AM
hello ladies...how are you all doing?

I slacked on Friday, and didn't get my work out in. But I was wearing my pedometer so I was at least tracking all my walking! We are planning on going to Frankenmuth, the eternal city of Christmas to pick up some ornaments. The Christmas store, called Bronners, is about the size of two football fields! So, there will be plenty of walking around there!

I figured that I would jump on here to check in since I didn't get any notifications from the other thread!

Susan~ Tommy can do CNC machining and Mic Welders. He has pretty much done just about everything, but that is the areas that he has the most experience doing. With Halloween being on a Wednesday, we are hoping that we will be able to take the kids trick or treating together. I really want to be able to take them, but if he is working, I am not sure if I will be able to do it myself. (the idea has occurred to me to take them myself, but the only area where the kids go is to a subdivision that is a little ways down the road.) Plus, it will also have to see how cold it is going to be....and how they are feeling, hopefully they won't be sick. I forgot about the time difference between you and Rocky. It is good to hear that you guys are still talking.

Cristina~ That is so exciting that Josh is coming home next month!!! I can't wait to see pictures from his welcome home party......LOL The kids have costumes already.....but when we were at my parents house last week, I asked her if she still had this Cookie Monster costume that I used to wear, and so off to the basement we went. Right now, we already had a Tow Mater Mechanic costume for Brandon, and a duck costume that my sister made for Brandon that Marissa is more then likely going to be. While we were up north, my mom gave me a "Bob the Builder" type costume for Brandon, a clown or skeleton costume for Logan, and then a cute pumpkin costume for Marissa. So, we shall see what they will end up being. Brandon already knows that the Bob the Builder costume is in our closet, so he will go in there and pull it out.

Kathy~ I have been trying to figure out where the hours in the days go....if you find out, can you let me know please?

Jules~ That is so exciting about Teri!! Does she have any names picked out yet?

Sassy~ I hate when vacations end! they never seem long enough for me!

Susan~ Is that the same author that wrote the book "Into Thin Air"? It was about a group of climbers going to a tall mountain somewhere, I can't think of it right now. I missed that episode of Oprah. I did just see a preview for her episode on Monday, it is a show with Dr. Oz.....but it is with an audience of guys so they can get all their questions answered.

Kathy~ He hasn't started what will be his normal shift, until Monday. Thursday and Friday were a piece of cake so to speak. But the true test is going to be adjusting to his new schedule. I am hoping that it isn't going to be too hard for all of us to adjust to it. I like the idea of not finding out what you are having. Brandon was the only one that openly showed/told us what he was. Logan and Marissa we almost waited until they were born, but at a last minute u/s we were able to catch a glimpse of the parts. With Marissa, the u/s tech had to draw a circle around her girl parts because I was so used to looking for boy parts!

FrouFrou
09-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Happy Saturday, Ladies...

MINDEE...all the costumes sound so cute! Hopefully, Tommy will have the night off and you guys can go trick-or-treating together. WOW! That sounds like a HUGE store! Would love to have a place like that here, but I know V is glad there isn't! Especially when he has to drag out all the boxes of christmas stuff, lol. I have way too much but I like to change it up sometimes.

JULES...I too want to see Jodie Fosters new movie, might next week, just been so busy lately. Yeah, they have way too many cute frames now days to choose from. I don't need the glasses to see and the bifocals are just for reading so maybe I will get a plain prescription, like my sun glasses.

SUSAN...what are you and the girls up to this weekend? Anything special you guys are doing?

KATHY...one day I will be a grandmama :crossed: Yeppers, building a new pergola on the new house, doing this one a little different since we rounded the patio. So it's a little tricky. But it is more than half way done, yay! I am tired of staining, lol. Not sure how long Josh will be home, think 2 weeks. :dunno: The challenge is actually with ivillage but was in the newsletter from Leslie Sansone...I'll pm you the link to the e-mail I received today...it starts Monday and goes for 6 weeks.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Went for a walk this morning, only did 2 miles. The wind is blowing too hard and it was chilly. Didn't help that I can't breathe, my nose is stopped up. But I did something so that's all that matters to me today. I'll do my 2 mile WATP later...going to spend a little bit of time on the 'puter and then get some laundry done. V is working today so can't work on the pergola and it's supposed to rain later anyway. Might try and get some reading in.

Have a WONDERFUL weekend ladies! :hug:

Jane
09-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Hi everyone, :wave:

Katy - just wanted to pop in and say I looked at the book you recommended The Omnivore's Dilemma at a bookstore yesterday, but it looked so tedious! Is there a documentary about it that I could watch instead?

Have a good weekend. :)

RosieKate
09-29-2007, 06:10 PM
We are enjoying the break from the rain...while it lasts. Guess it's supposed to rain more next week. That should make for some fun soccer practices :( Today, I managed to get out and take down my exterior blinds. Last year I left the bamboo blinds out too long, then they mildewed, so I am not making that mistake again. I also got a nice one hour hike in around the park. Oh, and I shopped for groceries. I think I've accomplished quite enough for one day, don't you ;)

Howdy, Jane! I don't know what to tell you about Omnivore's Dilemma - I really enjoyed it, so to each their own, I guess. If you google Michael Pollan, you might come up with something like a documentary, but I'm not aware of any off the top of my head. If it's food recommendations you are after, I also enjoyed Marion Nestle's What to Eat. It can be read as a reference, but I was so engrossed, I ended up reading the whole thing. The whole foods thread here on 3fc has a sticky for books, I think, so there's some more ideas for you.

Cristina - I was so excited to read that Josh is coming home - that is such great news! Now you know I am going to want to see pictures of that pergola - I always want to see pictures, lol! You and V have worked wonders on that yard since you moved in.

Mindee - the kids' costumes sound cute. I can still talk my DD into cute stuff - DS wants to be the Grim Reaper, complete with the scythe and all. Oy. I want him to be a ladybug, darn it! I long for the good ol days, lol!

Kathy and Jules - y'all are too young to be grandma's! But how exciting....Even tho' my DS is 10, I'm still thinking..hmm being a grandma sounds like so much fun...it's nice to snuggle a baby. Then hand it back to mama for a diaper change..hee hee

Susan - how's your weekend going? Today's turned out to be rather nice, weather-wise. I have not read Into The Wild, but I have read Into Thin Air - and that was a real page-turner. Excellent book. I also read Under the Banner of Heaven...and it really creeped me out. It was also very well written. I read somewhere that Jon Krakauer takes the "lost boys' from the FLDS,feeds, clothes, them and finds them foster homes. The lost boys are adolescent boys who are kicked out of polygamous communities because they are considered competition for the older men who want to marry the younger girls. The boys are thrown out into the world with no idea how the world outside the compound works, no job skills, and no family or friends to help them. I really liked reading that he does something to help; instead of just writing the book, then walking away.
ETA - just googled and found this article (http://www.childbrides.org/boys_sltrib_lost_boys.html)that says more about it.

...a bit longwinded I am today

Sassy - Hope you are enjoying your vacation!

I am off to listen to my ipod and knit a for a bit. Then it's time to tidy up as MIL is coming over for dinner. Have a great weekend everyone!

Mom2Gaby
09-29-2007, 06:28 PM
:witch:Happy Saturday!!

Kathy -Yes, the Princees is in K! Can you believe these kids growing up soo fast!! I would be scared to death if Rach was driving Gaby - haha- how old is Cody?? Gab is going part time now but on Monday she will be bused after school for another half day program at a church. I am going to miss her. I have just been sick for a few months, took sick leave for awhile and bosses decided to lay me off in January. lol...........so, whatEVER...I am slacking until after I get back from Arkansas to visit the grandparents of Gab's fathers side. Rach is 16 and Beck is 14 (almost 15 in Janaury). I guess that is it. Oh, my nephew did pass away on 9/5 so that has been a difficult thing in the family. Especially with the R's having a cousin pass away so close to their age, he was 16. It is wonderful to see you posting!!! :)

Mindee - Hi, I would have to go look up Into thin Air.....I remember that one with the sports team that crashed in the mountains?? lol - probably getting all confused. I liked the story , it was very well written. Sounds like Tommy has skills!! Praying he will adjust to his new schedule. Can't wait for Halloween, I love the costumes you have in mind for the kids! You going to take the kids to a pumpkin patch??? I love going to those too.

Cristina- Hey..... I just have been getting a late start today. Gab's dad finally came and picked her up. He was late due to a safety meeting. I guess he will be drop her off on his way back to the coast to work. I looked and the movie Into the Wild isn't released to the wide screen - whatever THAT means - lol so plans to see that is down the drain. I might go get some cleaning supplies and clean the floors. *YAWN......I don't know....or make some chicken soup!You are doing great on your walking!! Very impressed, you are my hero...:belly:. btw- how are you feeling??

Jules - I like Jodie Foster too. I don't know....maybe I will go see that movie or December Boys looked good. Or maybe go to Powells and pick up another book?? I totally don't know what I am doing - lol Very excited about the baby - can't believe you and Kathy will be grandmothers!! Have missed you!

Sassy - You winding up the vacation?? Hope you are having a great weekend.

Sue- Praying for you and your mother :)

Katy- Hope you are having a good weekend with the soccer games!

Carol and Michelle - we miss you gals too!!

whew....I think I finally got caught up!

I think some chicken soup sounds good, think I will go do a fast grocery stop and head over to the book store for some browsing. Rach has not been feeling well and Beck is upset that her counselor at school dropped her from her math class, I guess she wasn't keeping up in class. Anyway - I hope you all have a fun weekend, check in later!:spid:

Mom2Gaby
09-29-2007, 06:35 PM
aww, you were posting when I was posting Katy!! Howdy back. Thanks for your thoughts on the books. Since Into thin Air was mentioned several times I will go look for that or
Under the Banner of Heaven.
I am doing good. Kind of iffy on Gab going to a full time schedule. She will go to St Andrews after school program. I think she will like it, just happened so fast. lol..........Whatever, I sound like a baby.
I am sure she will be fine. I need to go enjoy my free time!! lol
:hug: hugs - chat later!!

Sassy_Chick
09-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Hi Ladies. Well After tonight I have one last night of Vacation. :( We didn't go anywhere, just stayed home and relaxed. We went out to dinner and shopping, but that is about it. We enjoyed just spending time together since we no longer get to see much of each other.

It is sad to have my vacation ending, but I think it will be kinda nice to get back to work in a way. I requested to have Christmas Eve and Day off, I've never had those off, so I'm hoping this year I get them. Something to look forward too. :) I figure I will work Thanksgiving since I only work from Midnight until 7 a.m. on that day. (My shift is from 6 p.m. - 7 a.m.) that is IF we are still here then! lol.

DH faxed his Resume' and Cover Letter to the job offer in IN, that my Uncle told him about that is close to my hometown. Resumes' had to be in by Oct. 2nd (Tuesday) and the board has to meet Wed. and my Uncle is on the board, so hopefully by the end of the week we should know if he got an interview or not. My Uncle did say that so far they have not been very happy with the applicants, so I'm hoping they will be happy with my DH. Its an excellent opportunity.

DH & I went for our Eye Exams today. Our new glasses should be here in a couple weeks. Hopefully sooner. But I'm hoping my FIL can get my current ones fixed so I can put my "Sally's" (OLD PAIR) away. Even the Dr. said my glasses I'm wearing now looked like they were from the early 90's. I am like, "yup" lol. But at least I can see. He said my prescription did change quite a bit, but these are my old glasses, so hard to say really how much they have changed. But he said everything looked fine, which is good. He had to dilate my eyes so I had to wear those funky shades they give ya. I looked hot I tell ya. lol. My new frames are cool. I had to trust the eye guy and my DH because without my glasses I can't see much. They both said the new ones look really good on me. Now all I need is to get a new hairdo and new body (work in progress--lol) and I'll look like a brand new person! :D

Well sorry to rambled on, but I haven't been around much.

I hope you all are doing well!

:hug:

luckycharm
09-30-2007, 12:21 PM
Hi everyone,

Ok I had to go back a ways to read and catch up on some things...

Susan :hug: I am so very sorry to hear about your nephew. :hug::hug: to your sister and her family to. :chin: you want another baby ?? :dizzy: Oh wait you came to your senses. Thank you for the good laugh. So R would like to have another baby with you would he. A boy this time so the girls could have a brother? Gaby gets to go get her teeth done in a couple weeks? Cole loves going to the dentist. Of course so far it has only been to get his teeth cleaned, but he is telling me once every couple of weeks that it is time for him to go again. Now he is telling me he needs braces on his teeth and that he needs glasses. Don't know where he comes up with this stuff. The other morning he come out of the bathroom with a band aid over one eye, and he said he learned in kindergarten that it would make his other eye stronger if he kept one covered. :D I took him to the babysitter that way, and let her get it off without ripping out his eyelashes.

Katy ;) I could see your little sweetheart sitting up looking at you with her eyes wide talking about the bus. And I have to say you handled the whole bus thing wonderfully. And I was reading about your 20 lb sweater and thinking what a lot of yarn and how long it would take you to knit this. Then thought about how heavy it would be when you went to wear it.:dizzy: Then it hits me ... you need a :carrot: for your 20 lbs you've lost. That is really great. You had better start knitting your sweater, because with all your running around you've been doing for soccer and kid stuff you will be losing your next 5 lbs quite quickly. You will have to post a picture of your sweater when it is done.

Sassy :cool: hope you enjoyed your vacation. Good luck on your first day back to work. :goodvibes that your hubby gets the new job. How far of a move would that be for you guys if he got that job? What ever happened to Sally Jesse? Maybe you will be starting a new fashion trend, and those glasses will come back into style. :)

Jules, well just have to ask, seems as you know what Teri is having, have you been shopping alot? That is the one thing about not knowing that is driving her crazy. The other grandma to is having a hard time with not being able to shop also. When is she due? Kristi still lives with us, so it will be nice to have a baby around the house again.

Cristina :hug: where did the pictures of your house go? I love to see pictures of your house. Do you decorate for Halloween like you do Christmas? You have the most beautiful Christmas decorations. So did you go to V's open house to find out what he does all day? ;) I am so proud of you for all the walking that you have been doing. You are my inspiration. You have made me see that I don't need any special equipment. Just walking. Does DD still live at home with you? What day is it that Josh comes home? You'll have to use silly string outside the airport.

Sue:hug: to you. Hope everything is going ok in your little corner. I am thinking and praying for you. When you are out for your bike rides, how far do you usually ride for? We live out in the country, but we were going to find a place in town to leave our bikes, because I think that would be a fun family thing to do together. We will have to wait until next spring now though.

Mindee, how is everything going for you in your very busy household?:D Did you have a good weekend? Did you get to go shopping? Best kind of work out! The kids costumes sound cute. Did you find the cookie monster costume?

Hi Carol.

Hi to anyone else that I might have accidentally missed.

Well my hubby is going through a midlife crisis, and although he did not buy a motorcycle, he did buy a sportscar. A firebird. DS#1 who is 16 has taken over this car, and we can't get him to drive his own. The one good thing about DS driving this car is the police follow him constantly. He got a ticket after we first bought it, as he was driving it into town so that DH could meet him to register it. We will be going to court in Nov. to fight this ticket as we have 2 weeks after we first buy it to register it. I have a question for anyone with a dog. DD got a puppy in June and we are having the worst time trying to housetrain it. Any ideas from anyone?

Well I must run. Enjoy your Sunday.

jules1216
09-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Kathy--Teri is having a boy. I started shopping before I knew. I got a really "cool" diaper bag & crib set on Ebay. I pick up at least one thing every time I am at the grocery store...one week baby bath, then shampoo, then butt paste...those kind of things that don't go bad and little odds and ends. I got her a crib/carseat combination. Teri is currently working in a store called The Childrens Place at the local outlets and gets 30% off. They have major markdowns to $1.99 & .99 and since she works in the stockroom, she is the first to see what comes in on the transfers. She is beginning to get quite the little wardrobe plus her friend Rachel, her cousin Trish and my friend Becky all just had boys and are giving her lots of clothes. I wish Teri was living with us. Her brother moved in with her for now to help with the bills and they converted the dining room off the kitched into a bedroom for him. The baby's dad is a total loser who can't keep a job, but she can't seem to let go of him just yet.

Sassy--sometimes you need that relaxing time after a vacation before you start back to work. Good luck with the job for Hubby. Would that mean you would be moving?

SuzyQ-I get so excited thinking about the grandbaby. We went to our friends house last night. Their little bruiser is already 20 lbs at 4 months. He's really long too. He is too cute and always happy. I can't believe Gaby is in kindergarten already. They grow up too fast. Glad you found Rach and that Becky is doing fine.

Katy--and your little one is in kindergarten too. You will have to post pics of the costumes. Teri's store had costumes, her fave was a little pumpkin. I can't believe I am a grandma either. Teri never wanted to have kids and Ry was waiting until at least 25 to start.

Cristina--Tony's home safe and sound. I can't remember where in the states he goes next, but when this term finishes he goes into the Ranger training next.

Mindee--Dominic is the first name middle name is either David (after the dad and his dad) or Jared (close to Jerry for her dad), also likes Jeremiah. She said it would have been much easier to have had a girl--all the men folk want a bit of them in the name. She said she may just go with Julian Maxwell after my name since I am the one that is always there for her and forget these guys. The girl names she had picked out were Daniele Lindsey or Isabella with the middle name Skye or Claire.

BTW Kathy--what are the names your daughter likes??

Hi Carol & Michelle.

Well off to do some things around the house. Have a wonderful day!!

Mom2Gaby
09-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Good Morning!!

Wow - Jules and Kathy - you both did an awesome run down!! I didn't even know a lot of that stuff and I am here reading every day - lol My brain must not retain or something. :D

Cole sounds like a sweetie! Kids are pretty funny and without Gab I would be rather lonely. I like when she sits there and puts knee highs on her stuffed animals. Thanks about my nephew. I am just at a lost how to help my sister now. She is depressed and going through pictures, difficult for her to get the other 2 kids back in school. She has a lot of support, thinking time is the only thing now.

Sassy - It'll be good to get back to work! I am sooooo ready now, I shall never complain again - lol I bet you look sexy in your shades :o and look forward to seeing a pic w/ your new glasses!

I need to run a pick up Rach so this is a quickie. I did go get Into thin Air and started reading that last night. I love the way he writes. Had a bagel w/ turkey for breakfast..........mmmm, coffee - yum.
Put some Old Navy jeans on and feel thin - haha.....if it can only be that easy....lol.

Hi to Mindee, Cristina, Carol, Sue (:hug:),Michelle and Miss Katy!! Wishing you all a great Sunday - can't believe it is the last day of Sept!!

Sassy_Chick
09-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Hi Ladies! :wave:

Well tonight is my last night of vacation. :( But it will be kind of nice to get back into the "groove" of things I guess. ;)

Jules -- I plan on relaxing as much as I can tonight, although I do have to do laundry. lol. Yes if DH gets this job, we will be moving to Indiana. ;)

Kathy -- Thanks yeah I think getting back into my normal routine will be kinda nice. ;) If DH gets the job, we will be moving to Greensburg, IN (South Eastern IN), which is very close to my hometown, Batesville, it will be only an hour and a half away from where we are now, but there is no way we want to commute that far, esp with gas prices. :fr: All my family lives there, including my mother. If DH gets the job, he will be the I.T. over the Local School System. Its a huge opportunity for him and for both of us and we are praying, hoping and keeping our fingers crossed that he gets it.

I have no idea what happened to Sally Jesse, its like she just disappeared?? lol. Yeah I can see it now you'll begin to see people wearing Sally Jesse Glasses, Big Hair, acid wash jeans and jelly shoes! We'll bring the 80's back! lol. :p

Your DH is going through the mid-life crisis, eh? lol. My fil has been for the last 9 years I've been in this family. lol. Seems every year he has to buy something new. He just bought a new snowblower, guess that should tide him over for this year. lol. I hope you all win over the ticket. Puppy training, eh? Maybe call Cesar Millan, the dog trainer? lol. J/K I did find this on Cesar's website: http://www.cesarmillaninc.com/tips/newpuppy01.php All I can say is persistence and a whole lot of patience. ;)
Good Luck!

Susan -- Yeah I think getting back into my normal routine will be nice, although it was nice being off and spending time with my DH. :) I looked totally HOT :cool: in my shades, you all would be soooooo jealous I know! lol.

I hope you all are doing well. I am planning on enjoying my last day of vacation. Although I have to do laundry. :p lol.

:wave: to all those MIA!!!

Mom2Gaby
09-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Sassy - Extremely jealous of hot you in your hot shades - pissing me off girl!! I think I will go eat to sooth my insecure self.:brr:

Speaking of eating I had a weak moment passing by Burger King and ordered checken tenders w/ ranch. ummmm, ewww.....I would say yum but it wasn't. The ranch alone would have been YUM. The tenders are shaped like a kings crown, I thought that was kind of cute as I aimlessly munched away and had visions of the scale going up,up,up. haha

I bought some slim fast for the week and banana's for breakfast. Watching the clock until Gab comes home. I asked her dad for an extra hour and he went into 15 minutes of why he couldn't. He needs to get to the coast and get ready for bed so he can rise and shine - bushy tail for work. ewwwww, whatEVER......so, I hung up and cursed him. He was 2 hours late picking her up!

anyway - off to pinesol my floors.

Sassy_Chick
09-30-2007, 10:14 PM
Sassy - Extremely jealous of hot you in your hot shades - pissing me off girl!! I think I will go eat to sooth my insecure self.:brr:

Speaking of eating I had a weak moment passing by Burger King and ordered checken tenders w/ ranch. ummmm, ewww.....I would say yum but it wasn't. The ranch alone would have been YUM. The tenders are shaped like a kings crown, I thought that was kind of cute as I aimlessly munched away and had visions of the scale going up,up,up. haha

I bought some slim fast for the week and banana's for breakfast. Watching the clock until Gab comes home. I asked her dad for an extra hour and he went into 15 minutes of why he couldn't. He needs to get to the coast and get ready for bed so he can rise and shine - bushy tail for work. ewwwww, whatEVER......so, I hung up and cursed him. He was 2 hours late picking her up!

anyway - off to pinesol my floors.

Well if ya want I can send you the shades so you can be HOT like me. lol. :cool: They would ship really easily! lol.

We all have our weak moments, I know I am a walking weak moment. :lol: Sorry to hear about Gaby's Dad being a pain. After your done with yours you wanna come over and do my floors? :D lol.

Take Care,

tommysgirl18
10-01-2007, 02:35 AM
hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new here.....same stuff, different day!

Cristina~ I love that store.....but most of the time we go up there it is just window shopping! I know that we have to get up there, money permitting, before Christmas to get Marissa her stocking and her "baby's first Christmas" bulb.

Katy~ I am enjoying the days that the boys want to be cute things....I am dreading when they are older and wanted to be all the gruesome costumes!

Susan~ Into Thin Air was about a team of mountain climbers, and it chronicled the trek that they took. It was a good book, and a good movie! It all depends on how things go....if they won't be able to go trick or treating, then we will more then likely make up for it by taking them to a pumpkin patch.

Sassy~ Sounds like your vacations were very relaxing!

Kathy~ Things are going as well as can be expected. Tommy is meeting with another temp agency on Monday morning to get his resume out more! So hopefully he will get some bites from it! we had a great weekend! now, the hum drum of the work week....if you want to call it that! yeah we did make it to the store to pick up the bulbs! unfortunately, we were unable to find the cookie monster costume!

Jules~ We have a nephew named Dominic. His middle name is Owen after my BIL's mom. (I think it is her maiden name or something) The funny part.....his initials are DOC. So if you say "what's up Doc?" he laughs and smiles! I like Julian Maxwell! I had Julian picked out for a girl's name. Tommy likes my cousin's name, which is Julie Ann, so I said well how about Julian?

Sassy~ I just saw a commercial for some gossip show and they said "coming up next.....what ever happened to Sally Jesse Raphael? Find out when we come back" I would have found out.....but the kids wanted to watch noggin

Mom2Gaby
10-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Good Morning Mindee & Sassy!

I totally did not do my floors after all Sassy. I was too pmsing for that - lol. I laid on my couch reading and when Gab came home her father came in and started playing with her and all her stuffed animals. I felt annoyed and in need of more chicken tenders. I mean,.....if you have time to play do it somewhere else! Not on my time and not on my dirty floor!! haha

anyway - it is pms, I am really a nice person......honest....:p

I have read 1/2 the book now Mindee. I don''t know where I was when all this was going on......can't believe it was already out in movie form. sheesh....

I took care of paperwork at Gab's after school place. I will pick her up today and let her take the bus tomorrow. It was nice to know 2 boys from her K class also go there too.

I had my banana , slim fast and 1/2 a onion bagel w/ cream cheese for breakfast. It was so good. I weighed and stuck again @ 170. If I can get to 165 by end of Oct I will be happy. :dance:

Hi to Katy, Sue, Carol, Michelle, Jules, Kathy and our Miss Cristiana (are you ever coming back?? lol ) Chat at you later.

FrouFrou
10-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Geez, louise ladies...I miss one day and all **** breaks loose, lol! It's actually nice to see everyone posting, but so much to catchup on!

KATY...I will post pics of the pergola...it will take forever to finish it since V is working on it in between working, lol. I call myself the helper/stainer but he does the biggest part. And thank you...you are too kind. Hope you had a nice visit with your MIL.

SUSAN...ya know...I honetsly thought about not coming back. But then thought, what would I do without my daily dose of Susan? I would miss you too much! :hug: Hey, I woul dlove to be stuck at 170! You are doing an awesome job lady, so keep it up! :carrot:

KATHY...I just decorate for fall, mums, fall wreath and some pumpkins. Don't really do anything halloween'ish. I do put some lighted (fake) pumpkins out on the porch on halloween night but that is about it. I'll have to post some pics of the house for you. Sounds like you guys have been busy, busy, busy!

SASSY...I used to watch Sally Jesse every day. She was about the only one I watched. Then she turned into a Jerry Springer and I quit watching. I saw her on some reality show or something not too long ago. Glad you and hubby enjoyed each others company.

JULES...glad Tony is home! :hug: I know Josh can't wait to get on US soil! Hey, Teri is working at a great store, lol! Nothing like getting discounts on baby stuff...they grow so fast!

MINDEE...it is nice looking at the Christmas stuff too! I love looking at it. The problem is I always want to buy something, lol.

HI MICHELLE, CAROL and anyone reading this :wave:

Can't remember who asked when Josh is coming home (getting dizzy going up and down looking at all the posts, lol) not sure yet. I've not heard from him in a couple of weeks. He told me though to stop all mail/packages at the beginning of Sept. All mail would be stopped the 15th...they wouldn't get anything after that date. It should be sometime soon though. I know they always say one date but because of security purposes they change it a couple of times. So I am waiting for his call any day now.

Got back on the wagon with my walking. Went to the park and did a 3 mile walk. Was going to do my 2 mile WATP and remembered that I cut back and that is on t & thurs, lol. I can't keep anything staight, lol.

Hoping everyone is having a wonderful day! :hug:

RosieKate
10-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Ok...feeling really distractable at the moment. I should be doing the dishes and folding the mountain of clean laundry that's piled up on my bed. I just can't seem to get excited about it, darn the luck...

Mindee - my DD5 informed me last night that she wants to be a Pink Pirate...and I looked at it...ok..it's not that sexy, really, I'll make her wear some black leggings with it. Had to wonder what these costume desigers think, tho' - I mean, it is cold outside, and this outfit looks a little skimpy. I'm sure you kids will love a trip to the pumpkin patch. My kids didn't really get all that into trick or treating until they were older and could really appreciate all that candy, lol!

Susan - I'm sure Gaby's going to like St. Andrew's, especially if some friends are going. How's the ex doing? Hope he's feeling better. I am sure you will bust through 170 really soon. Me - I bounce around and would love to be spitting distance to 170! But stay away from BK! I'll have to call an intervention on you, lol! I've looked at their nutrition information and it's not pretty.... but they have a great playland.

Cristina - Hope today's the day....I know how much you are looking forward to a visit from Josh. I don't do too much decorating for the holidays...just not that into it I guess. We are growing a bunch of pumpkins so we'll carve those and put them out. I should have some lights somewhere around here...

Jules - I absolutely love The Children's Place. If I worked there, I would never bring home a dime, lol! We make special trips to the coast because there is a Children's Place outlet...oh, and the ocean....

Sassy - I used to listen to the Sally Jessy radio show - does that tell you how old I am or what? She had a great show, and I would listen to it every night on the way home from my job at the pizza parlor. I was all of 19.

I have to get back to work...and my son the Grim Reaper just came home, so I had better get to it. Hi to everyone I may not have addressed....hope you all have a great afternoon!

carolr3639
10-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Hi everyone. I'm having a hard time getting caught up with all the posts so decided just to say hi. Kathy, I thought that was neat about the car and your son being followed. We can always use extra help like that.

suetalks
10-01-2007, 11:00 PM
HI ladies...We had a good day here. Mom did not get nauseous, her back didn't pain her and no chest pains. Plus, she is getting her appetite back (after losing 15 pounds that she couldn't afford to lose) I was able to get ALL of the laundry done and bed clothes changed. Even went out and weeded the flower bed I put lots of ferns in. Mom even came out and walked around the yard for quite awhile. *fingers crossed* that we have hit on the proper meds. to keep her feeling well.
DD brought us a pot of baked potato soup for dinner, DH un-loaded the dishwasher and washed the dormer windows. I am getting all kinds of help, so things are easier than I feared they would be.
Tomorrow I am going to get back to biking and exercising...come h**l or high water. :)

Thanks for the good vibes...I think they are working.

RosieKate
10-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Sue - thanks for updating us on your mother. She has been in our thoughts and prayers and I am glad to read that she is improving. Here's to a speedy recovery!

Hi Carol - how's life treating you?

We'll I'll not be out and about too much today as Leigh is sick :( woke up many times in the night and had a 101 temp at 6 am. Oh joy. So I'll bbl later for more chat.....

carolr3639
10-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Katy, Sorry to hear about your dd being sick. I remember those days well. Seems like yesterday. With the grandkids I don't worry quite as much. It is fun when they all come for a visit. I've been doing pretty good watching what I eat. Seems when I eat the wrong things I get to feeling awful so that is a way to stay on track. Sue, what is your mom's illness?

FrouFrou
10-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Good morning, ladies! :D

Ugly, ugly day here...black, windy and rainy! But we could use the rain and I plan on staying in today so it's all good. Unless of course we lose our electricity...that's never good. :)

KATY...hope little L gets better soon. I remember the first or second week Josh was in kindergarten and came home with the chicken pox! I hear ya about the laundry, lol.

HIYA CAROL...hoping all is well with you. Hey, don't worry about catching up. sometimes it gets a bit overwhelming for me and I just do what I can. Usually just start from the day I post, lol.

SUE...good to hear from you and thanks for the news on your mom. I am glad that she is doing better. Hugs to you both. :hug:

HIYA SUSAN...hope you are having a good morning, you and Gaby.

And Hi to KATHY, JULES, MICHELLE, MINDEE, & SASSY...hope I didn't forget anyone.

Today, no walking for me. Yesterday I did get in another 1.23 miles on the treadmill. For some reason I thought I needed to do more. Today, I am doing the 2 mile WATP, riding my stationary bike, and doing some weights. I have to mis it up so my body doesn't get used to just walking, and I need to do weights anyway so...I don't want to get bored with the walking either.

Had my oatmeal and 1/2 banana for breakfast and am happy to say I have not had a diet coke. Usually have to start my morning with one. I have cut back drastically and have been having one at breakfast time and dinner time. It's a start. Trying to get more water in. Not sure though if I should be drinking faucet water or bottled. I don't care for the faucet but wonder if I get the same benefits from the bottled. Anyone know? Anywho...

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

P.S. Forgot to mention, I am down 1 pound, actually a little more, almost 1 1/2 but I'll stick with the one. Was hoping for two since I gained one the wedding weekend. But I'll take what I can get and work harder this week. Ta Ta chickies!

Mom2Gaby
10-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Good Morning!!

Sue- Happy to hear about your mother and see you checking in. We have missed you!! HUGS:hug: and continued prayers.

Carol - Just jump back in!! I get frustrated catching up too but it it easy to just jump in and start chatting away.

Katy - aww, poor L!!!:getwell::getwell: hope she is feeling better! Kids catch all sorts of bugs from other kids. I have a pile of clothes on my extra bed too. Momo dives into it and gets his hair all over, so I have to wash them again. I will try and stay away from BK......hmmmm, I will hang around Noah's Bagels!! Those bagels are sooooooo good!Dang.

:bravo::congrat::encore: Cristina - Yay on the 1 1/2 pounds!! Glad you survived the Wedding Weekend (is that what you are calling it?? lol - cute) Happy to see you posting!!!

Hi to everyone else!

I need to rush and get some paperwork done before I need a nap. lol........Man, I hope I can handle 40 hour work weeks again! This stay at home thing is exhausting.
I did finish the Into Thin Air and looking for the next book. Watched The BAchelor last night, what a stupid show. Bunch of bimbo's.

chat later!!

RosieKate
10-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Susan - Thanks for the get well wishes. L finally took a nap around noon. She just woke up and stills appears to be feverish, so she may be home tomorrow as well - dang. You are right about the Bachelor..used to be fun to watch for the catfight prospects...and the crying in the limo..but the latest bachelors have been real dogs. Dancing with the Stars is way better. I dare you to watch and not think Helio the Race Car Driver isn't the cutest thing.

Cristina - WTG on your loss! all that WATP and walking is paying off...hope you don't lose your electricity!

It is hard to get my exercise in when I am stuck at home with a sickie. I was going to try to get to yoga this evening, but I may too wiped out.. L woke me up at 4am, and now I am starting to fade...like Car Talk ... Erasmus B. Draggin. A little NPR humor for you all.

NPR and the Bachelor? ...yes, admittedly, a little strange....

suetalks
10-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Hi ladies..We are hanging in there here. Mom had a 50/50 day, good in the p.m. after a bad morning. Not near as good as yesterday.
I was looking back at the posts and it looks like I skipped posting here when we had to put mom back in the hospital. The day after she came home we had to take her back and on to the Heart Center. The surgery her cardiologist said she needed was scheduled, but they couldn't do it. Her arteries are blocked too badly. She has Coronary artery disease along with the back that needs surgery. Of course, no back surgery either. They did get her meds regulated and we are seeing an improvement, but we don't know the prognosis. Well, we do know the prognosis, just not the time frame.
I do thank you all for your good wishes and we are just taking it one day at a time.
Sorry, I did think I had posted here after she went to the Heart Center. That was draining on all of us being in Indy and all. I stayed with her for 3 nights and then drove back and forth. DD and DH were big helps and still are.

Off to bed...be good ladies.

luckycharm
10-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Hi everyone.
Just popping in really quick to say hello. I got home from work really late, and now I have to go and make some supper. Then I will watch the Biggest Loser, and feel bad that I have eaten and then went to bed.

Hope everyone had a good day. WTG Cristina on the weight loss.

Chat later.

FrouFrou
10-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...I don't think I've watched the bachelor since the first one. Saw part of the second one I think and then had enough. I've gotten into The Biggest Loser now...saw part of the first one and then part of another. Missed the first epsiode of these that are on, and part of the second but watched last week and last night and don't want to miss any of it, lol. I hope you get the job you are applying for...guess I missed that you were applying. :doh: Don't know where my head is. When is your trip to AR? And how long are you going to be gone? Will you be able to check in.

KATY...hoping L is better today. Didn't lose our electric thank goodness. Was a fast storm that went thru but enough to water things-always good.

SUE...sorry to hear about your mom. Will continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you all :hug:

KATHY...I was a little lost with The Biggest Loser and them having a black team. But it makes it interesting. I love that the black team did so well but hate that the red team slipped by this week by winning the challenge...thank god they got that though ugh? I like to see the updates at the end of the person booted off..I am glad that they continued with their exercise and eating program. How's the family?

HIYA SASSY, CAROL, MINDEE, & MICHELLE! :wave: Hoping all is well with you and yours.

Did my 3 miles at the park this morning. It's getting a little cooler and still dark at the time I used to walk so going a little later than usual-having to change my schedule...I don't like change, lol. It messes things up. Still nice though, nice and cool. Going to do a mile or two on the treadmill as well. Yesterday did weights, rode my bike and did my 2 mile WATP. Will be doing that on Tues & Thursdays. Man, did my shoulders and arms ache after. That butterfly kills me...but I am hoping with all the exercise this winter will be an easy one on my arms. Food is going well to so I am hoping for at least another pound. I feel like kicking myself for gaining that one, ugh...would have been closer to the 180's. I am so excited about getting to that point! Lol. Anywho...

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Hugs to everyone :hug: :hug:

Mom2Gaby
10-03-2007, 04:36 PM
Good Afternoon!

edited by me....

anyway - .........I just want to crawl back in bed. PMS makes me so upset for days now. I just hate everyone....lol

Sue- Glad you checked in!

Katy- HUGS to L, hope she is feeling better.

Cristina- The thing with the Bachelor is it is that same as last year - even down to an ambulance carting off a girl *YAWN....catty women - makes us all look bad. As I sit here annoyed with my muther. lol oh, Arkansas is Saturday until Wednesday of next week.

Kathy, Mindee, Carol,Jules, , Sassy and Michelle - Hi to you all!!

I am going to go............and come back calmer....

Mom2Gaby
10-04-2007, 02:39 PM
Good Morning -

Quickie!! I have my afternoon endoscopy today - the 4th. I looked at my Kaiser bill and they charge me $270 per precedure. I didn't know that until today - lol sheesh and $100 every time Gaby goes to speech.

I had a slim fast and banana. I think I wasn't suppose to eat after mid night . oops.

anyway - hope you are all having a good day. :hug:

suetalks
10-04-2007, 02:46 PM
Oh-oh Susan...I bet you were not supposed to eat.

Beautiful day here. I had a grumpy morning, but took a nice long ride on my new bike and it calmed my nerves.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Mom2Gaby
10-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Sue - Ya,I probably wasn't suppose to eat. I was hungry though. *sigh........I think the worry is if the food comes back up when they shove the thing down your throat?? I don't know. I never remember them actually doing it. Kind of forget the whole thing until they wheel you out. It is such a weird feeling.
You grumpy too?? I have been out of sorts for days now. I did see Arkansas is in the 80's!! Woo hoo.....bring my shorts back out.

anyway - clock is ticking - have to go get Gab.

:wave: Adios!!

RosieKate
10-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Susan - hope the endoscopy went well..no slim fast pukage? Maybe the food thing was more to do with anaesthesia....

Sue - Are you enjoying your new bike? a bike ride sounds good...I'm feeling a bit grumpy myself

Well, I had my first visit with the naturopath today and many of her suggestions were right on the money. I am going through some hormonal imbalances, which I had felt for the last couple of years, but never could get a medical professional to offer me much in the way of suggestion other than live with it. Some of what she would like to see me do eventually are things I had a feeling I needed to do but just didn't want to admit it, like eliminate caffeine and dairy. She outlined some ways to do this gradually and maybe just cutting back will be sufficient to get me back on track. She did say hormonal shifts like the one I went through and continue to deal with will interfere with weight loss, so we are going to take that on as well. It went well - I felt I found someone who was looking at the "big picture" and not just a bunch of symptoms.

Get a load of this video (http://www.himalayaninstitute.org/NetiPot/NetiPotInstructions.aspx). I'm going to do this Neti jar 2x a day for allergies. She said it will feel like the weirdest thing at first, but then I will come to look at it as natural as brushing my teeth and I will wonder what I ever did without it. Hmmm. I will try it.

Hope you are all having a good day. I started TOM today, found out my DD has strep, and have a splitting headache. I am going to drink some wine and watch Survivor and call it a night.

Toodles!

Sassy_Chick
10-05-2007, 04:17 AM
Uh oh Susan.........I've had endo's and my DH used to work in that dept. and I doubt they will do it if you've eaten. But you could get lucky I suppose. The reason you don't remember it is because of one of the drugs they give you, makes you forget the whole thing. At any rate I hope it all goes well! ;)

Hi to Everybody! :wave: I hope you are doing well!

Mom2Gaby
10-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Yay, it's me again!!!lol

Good Morning and aren't *we* glad TOM is done with for this month?? What a HORRID past week I have had. I just like..wanted to.....KILL some moving object......lol gads.

Katy - Sorry about L, and your headache - pray you guys are feeling better today!

Sassy - psssst, I didn't tell em I ate. I felt bad, but whatEVER. The endoscopy went ok. Pretty strong meds. I laid there watching the doctor put the med in my IV and the next thing I know the nurse is saying "the doctor recommmends surgery!".....huh?? I said "I am laying here waiting for you guys to do it.....lol It was over and done though. I asked for a picture because I didn't believe them and at $270 a pop I want a picture.

So, I guess we are headed for surgery. JOY.....

I need to run and get some morning errands done. I haven't even packed and we leave for the airport at 10 in the morning!!! :dizzy:

HUGS to all and I will chat later after I get some things done!

FrouFrou
10-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...glad all went well but sorry you have to have surgery. :hug: You have a safe trip and try to enjoy it! We'll miss you!

KATY...if you do that let me know if it works! I've had allergies bad this year, ugh. Tylenol allergy hasn't worked, neither has claritin. Benedryl works but knocks me out. But I just hate taking drugs even if they are over the counter ones. Sorry about little L having strep, that's no fun at all. :hug: Hope your headache goes away soon.

SUE...hope you are enjoying that new bike! I love it! Hope your mom is feeling better.

SASSY...how are you and your hubby doing? Hope you get word about the job soon :crossed:

HI CAROL, KATHY & MINDEE and anyone reading this.

Busy the last two days. Did my grocery shopping yesterday and then spent a few hours in the yard working. So I counted an hour mowing, and then I did my 2 mile WATP, actually did that before I went and bought groceries. Got some good fruit, yum. Fruit hasn't been the greatest lately. Man, I was pooped!

Today...went to the park for my 3 miles, then off to the recylcling center, if you will, it's just a drop off, a couple more errands and came home and stained some for the top of the pergola. V bought 2x4's to rip in half for the top this time so I thought I would stain them and then we could rip them and then I would just have the one side (ripped side) to stain and it will save lots of time. Also, did 15 mns. weights. Thought I better add that to my exercise. Was supposed to do it yesterday with the 2 mile WATP but I was sore from the day before, lol. I am actually liking how my calves are looking, lol. DD is tired of me talking about my muscles, lol. Now to get the arms looking good...I'm afraid I will always have the wave, lol. Anywho...

Have a GREAT weekend ladies!

Sassy_Chick
10-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Hi Ladies.

Susan -- Glad that you were able to have your procedure. :) Sorry to hear that you have to have surgery. Big :hug:

Cristina -- I posted below about the job, thanks for asking. ;)

Hello to everybody else, I hope you are doing well. :)

Well guess what? Our new glasses are IN! :D I am SO glad! No more "Sally's"!!! :D Besides that I have had a headache for about a week now and I think it is due to wearing these old glasses.

Oh and news on my DH's job that he applied for in Indiana? (he just told me) The superintendent changed his mind and wants someone with a teaching degree now. :cry: (DH does not have a teaching degree, his degrees are in computers) DH is sooooo disappointed and so am I. :cry: It was something he truly wanted and I feel awful that they did this! :mad: Its totally unfair!!! Why not have that requirement to begin with!!! I guess that is life though. I should have known better than to get my hopes up. :cry:

Its just really hard because my DH has worked SO HARD and he really wanted this. I know there will be other job opportunities, I know that, but its just like a smack in the face to me. Oh well at least my Uncle tried and for that I am appreciative. So I Guess the in-laws have nothing to worry about now, we'll probably be here until we die. :(

Sorry to be such a negative and depressive person, but I just can't help it right now. Oh yeah and my mom told me that my grandpa will be losing his other leg, its full of infection.....I guess when it rain it pours. :cry:

I'm going to go now I'm sure I'm a real delight to have around........lol

RosieKate
10-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Good morning!

Well, I could have gone to the gym this morning , but where's the fun in that, lol. I figure I'll get a nice walk in. I'm appreciating fresh air more since I have been cooped up with L all week. The drugs have been doing their job and she is feeling much better. Thanks for all the get well wishes. I am keeping her away from civilization through the weekend as an extra precaution. DH is home, so I can get out and walk, buy groceries, etc.

Tried the Neti Jar. It is not as weird as I thought it would be and it really does keep my sinuses cleaned out. It feels quite refreshing. I even got my son to do it. If I can get him to do this daily plus take his vitamins he will be in great shape to fight the petri dish of germs that is his classroom.

Sassy - so sorry the job didn't work out - hopefully that means there is something better around the corner. :hug::hug: hope your grandpa is able to be comfortable and can get throught this next hurdle smoothly. I want to see what you look like in your hot new glasses :cool:

Susan- what kind of surgery...sorry you have to go through that. Is it related to the anemia you been battling? When's AR? You're probably there right now...I'm kind of lost on the time-space continuum ...

Cristina - I think the Neti Jar is definitely worth a try. I do it 2x a day and it flushes out all the pollen and dust that are in the nasal cavity. The NP also said to get the carpets and ducts cleaned. Don't put day clothes on the bed (lots of pollen being carried around on clothing). Get dust mite covers for the bed and pillows. Hmm, what else, oh she said to consider showering at night so I don't go to bed with all the pollen and dust in my hair and on my skin. I tried that and I don't think that's going to work - too used to getting cleaned up in the am. It helps me wake up. I'll have to keep you posted on the NP's suggestions because I am seeing her to get off of allergy meds - want to manage my allergies naturally. WTG on the sexy calves! Are you boot shopping yet? I was poking around on the web as I would love some boots, but my calves are still along the tree-trunk variety. They are a bit smaller than they were, but not where I would feel comfortable shelling out 100s of bucks on a pair of boots.

Still wrapping my brain around going dairy and caffeine free. I've been pretty dairy free already so that's not such a leap, but caffeine is my drug of choice - WAAAA! Also, she'd like to see me back on the Zone, which is a plan I'm very familiar with, but not in a dairy free kind of way. In fact, it seems to me to have quite a bit of dairy. She says she can make that part easy so we'll see. I'll start doing the block thing again and see how it goes. Does anyone here know of a thread or forum on 3fc that is for Zoners? I checked over at low-carb, but that's a bit of a misconception about the zone, imo. It's low starch, but lots of produce...not the same at Atkins at all really. Anyway, just thought I would throw that out there and I'll do some poking around myself. zonelivingdotcom has some good forums, but no one seems to be lactose intolerant over there....

Whew - bit longwinded today...have a great weekend everyone!

FrouFrou
10-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Good day, ladies...

SUSAN...you are probably on your way to AR by, or to the airport and won't see this...but have a safe and happy trip!

SASSY...so sorry to hear the bad news, both of your grandpa and the job. Try not to be so down, I know that is easier said than done. He could always apply other places if you guys are really wanting to move. Lots of hugs to you :hug:

KATY...I am going to have to try the Neti Jar...and maybe get DS to as well. His allergies are A LOT worse than mine. It would be nice to not have to take any meds. Glad L is getting better, hugs to her. :hug: Funny you mention showers at night...that is exactly what I've been doing since I started walking. Thanks for all the tips/info...I really appreciate it. Ha, I don't know if my calves are sexy, lol...but I am liking them. I would love a new pair of boots! I have a pair that are a couple of years old...still good though so they will have to do for now, lol.

Hiya everyone else :wave:

Got my walk in and nothing really on the agenda for the weekend. I plan on having a read fest...lots of reading to catch up on. I am dying to go to the book store, the used book store, but I promised myself I wouldn't until I catch up and read what I have...that will never happen of course...eventually I will get everything read but I have too many books to read.

Have a good weekend ladies!

Sassy_Chick
10-06-2007, 10:36 PM
HI GIRLS! :D

Yes that is me with a SMILE on my face! When you ladies are right, you are RIGHT! All of you saying that the job in Indiana, just wasn't meant to be and that maybe something else would come along? Well it did!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

DH just called me, I was sleeping as I didn't sleep really well, but anywho, on his way into work he got a phone call, from his old boss from our college!!! When we were finishing up our degrees there, Our Dept. Chair got DH a work-study position at our college, at that time, we had just moved back from NY and DH was jobless so he took the job so we'd have some income at least. Well they tried to get DH on full-time, but at that time we had a witch of a Dean who insisted on all teachers having Bachelors Degrees, DH has two associates + loads of on-the-job experience, but the Dean at that time did not care, she wanted the Bachelors Degree, well soon after that DH got his current job he is at now, so we never pursued it anymore.

Well now our college is totally changed, for the better. It is under different management and has been completely remodeled and yes a different Dean! So now they count on-the-job experience as equilivent to a Bachelors, along with his two associates! Its just like when they give celebrities "honory degrees" as their work experience has equaled the degree or even more, same thing here. I guess DH's old boss has been trying to find DH's # for over a year now and finally found it! What timing, eh????!!!! lol. I swear if I see that man I am going to hug him! lmao!

So DH thought that he could start this part-time to see how it goes and it would bring in extra income for us that we can stash away for our down payment for a house!!! :woohoo:

Then of course if all goes well, he could go to teaching full-time! He just wants to be sure before leaving his current job, which I understand. Schools, even Colleges are not known for their stability at times! Case in point the job that he was just turned down for. Seems like they change their minds every other second! lol.

But at least DH would be doing what he wants to do -- Teaching and not sure if part-time employees have this benefit, but I know full time ones do, if he is working there, we can go to school there for FREE! Since they have totally remodeled and changed, they have A LOT more to offer now, so if I can go for free, I may go for a 3rd Degree or a Bachelors! :D

Anywho, I just wanted to say THANKS to everybody here, when you all are right, you are RIGHT! I'm so glad that I found this site and have made such great friends! I know I haven't been as successful as some on the weightloss journey, but like you all said, weightloss isn't all about losing the weight, its also the support you need along the journey as well.

BIG BIG :hug: to you all!!!

RosieKate
10-06-2007, 10:51 PM
Sassy - a big congrats on your great news!!! It's really true...when one door closes, another opens....

Sassy_Chick
10-07-2007, 08:36 PM
TY Katy! :)

FrouFrou
10-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...hope you are enjoying your long weekend!

SASSY...lots of hugs and CONGRAT'S! And ditto what Katy said!

Hiya KATY :wave:

Nuthin going on here today. Went to the park and just didn't feel like walking this a.m. Went later than usual and slept in because it was raining so maybe that was the reason, don't know...walked 15 mns and then left, lol. By the time I got home I was all motivated for some reason and had a burst of energy...go figure, lol. So I did 5 miles, woohoo! Really feeling energized now! Getting laundry done today and did some straightening of the house. It was so nice and cool I opened the windows to air the house out and get it cool in here. The temp went from 75 to 71 and it feels great!

Hoping all is well with everyone...have a great day ladies!

FrouFrou
10-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Just droppin' by to say HI :wave:

Happy to say I am down a pound, woohoo. I was hoping for 2 but what the heck...every little bit adds up right?

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

Mom2Gaby
10-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Greetings from Little Rock :wave:

Congrats on the weight loss Cristina!!:congrat:

Why is the lords name would you want to go without coffee Katy??? In the land of the Ozarks they have no Starbucks - can you imagine?? I did see a billboard sign for one coming into LR and I almost wanted to jump out of the car - haha......

So, the surgery is to cut out the eroded esophugas (sp) and I guess that helps the anemia. I had my blood taken last Thursday and haven't gotten back the results yet.

anyway - just hopped on the hotel's computer - guess I will go back to my room and do something - lol .....can't imagine.

I think I have done pretty good on my eating. Though one night grandmother made *Gaby's food* of french fries and chicken nuggets w/ 3 dips...:yikes:....you know......what the heck...I enjoyed it.

We went to this Cracker Barrel today and I had beef stew and corn bread. - yum.

better get - Hi to everyone!

suetalks
10-09-2007, 08:22 PM
OMG Susan...Cracker Barrel is our very favorite place...but there isn't much "light" food. DH loves biscuits and gravy. Oh, they do have a low carb menu and some nice salads. Hope you are having fun. I hate to hear that you need surgery.
Cristina- Way to go on the loss. You are so busy and doing great with the exercise. I am trying to get back at it....gotta move that scale.
Sassy- Good news...that's terrific.
Katy- Good luck on the dairy and caffeine....I went caffeine free a few years back and found I sure sleep good. LOL Mine was cut out due to poor circulation, so that will be another benefit.

Doing okay here...I stayed at 167....I am going to try to move the scales this week. I have been biking again and today was cooler, so felt good. Mom has had several good days and tomorrow is Dr. day, so we will see what the new verdict is. I know she has lost another 5 pounds and that bothers me. She has lost 20 so far and is only 125 now. She can't stand to lose anymore.
Good hump day tomorrow........

Mom2Gaby
10-10-2007, 12:58 AM
Sue - Happy Belated Birthday!:bday2you: I did spy the salads but stew sounded so good and it was - especially with some corn bread. I figure I am going to be a week behind getting back down to 170. I am sure I inched back up with this trip.

We did walk over to the airport from the hotel, so it felt good to move the body. lol......whatEVER.....stay at 167 and I will catch up!! It might motivate me....haha

k- back up to my room. I can't sleep. chat at you all later.

FrouFrou
10-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...hope you are getting out of that room and doing something. Another one that likes Cracker Barrel...it is a bad place to go eat, lol. I see about the surgery...thought it was something to do with the esophagus, ouch.

SUE...keeping my fingers crossed for your moms dr visit...hope the news is GREAT news! You'll get back on track in no time...right now you have a lot of stress and we all know what stress does to us!

Hi to everyone else, SASSY, KATY, KATHY and anyone reading this. :wave:

Just sitting here wasting time while the guys stain the fence...I should say treat because it's more of a preservative rather than a stain with color. It is supposed to protect the fence for up to 5 years...should for what it's costing, YIKES!

Went for a 3 mile walk around the neighborhood. I love this fall weather because it is so cool I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn and walk...can wait a little later which is what I did. Anywho...

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Mom2Gaby
10-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Good Morning All -

It is wonderful to be back home!! The plane ride from Houston to PDX was long. Gaby was a sweetie and slept part way and colored the rest. She was so good.

Arrived home and my place was a mess. Rach had gone in and partied Friday night. She was suppose to have cleaned and I guess she did but it was still a mess. So, I spent the afternoon washing and cleaning - pooped at at 6:30 / Gaby and fell asleep. Woke up with my contacts still in!! lol Dried out to say the least.

Gained back up to 174 but think I can get in down in a few days so won't change the ticker.Starting to fret if I am going to lose anything for October. Argh....

I did have some oatmeal for breakfast and think I will grab a salad for lunch. It is so hard to be a guest in someones house and eat the things you want to.*wah *wah.....ok, get my fat butt in gear and stop moaning.

Best get just wanted to say hello to you all!!

FrouFrou
10-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Glad you are home SUSAN! 4 pounds isn't too bad...you will have that off in no time! You are right...hard to eat the way we should when you are at someone else's house.

HI to everyone else :wave:

Gotta go the dog is going crazy barking at me cause he needs to go potty, lol!

Have a good one ladies!

Mom2Gaby
10-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Tell the dog he/she needs to wait Cristina!I wanted to chat with you.

I had albacore and low fat cottage cheese for lunch - going to make the girls and myself some pork chops and veggies for dinner.

HAPPY to be home - yippppeeeee. Being w/. the ex was a challenge and being around his mother was ok, very nice lady with a house full of gadgets.

chat later!!

FrouFrou
10-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Well I am just glad you are back Susan! How was your trip? Did you get out and see anything, not that there is much to do in LR/AR, lol. I bet it was a challenge with the ex.

Yeah, that dog is weird, lol. He was demanding to be taken out. And when he gets that way he must really need to go, lol. He will run circles and bark, lol...love that dog!

Hello to everyone wherever you are :wave: Hoping all is well with you in your little corner of the world.

Nothing much going on with me. Not sure what is up with me but I didn't do any exercise today and I slept late. I think I ran myself ragged, lol. My foot is hurting as well but I think it's the shoes I have been wearing. I washed my walking ones and had to wear these and they are not the best to walk long distances. Had to break down and buy some new ones and me not liking to shop ordered them online so they should be here any day. I just got the same thing I had because they have served me well, a lot of miles walked in those shoes. Anywho...will get back to it tomorrow for sure. I might give in and do my 2 mile WATP but doubtful...I am just taking it easy.

Had some errands to run and then threw some seed in the back...had some bare spots and now is the perfect time to grow grass. That's about my day. Tomorrow DD and I are headed to a tour of old victorian homes downtown. They are opening up about 5 to go thru so we thought we would do that. We love looking at those old homes and hearing the history...hopefully some ghosts stories, lol.

Take care ladies and I will chat with ya's tomorrow :wave:

Mom2Gaby
10-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Yikes, good afternoon!!

No school today for inservice so have been bumming w/ Gaby.

How is your foot Cristina?? Katy's church bought some property next to their church and it looks so nice now with the yard they put in. Amazing how fast they did it.

Trip to Yellville was good. Mike's mother has a beautiful home , spotless. Made me sick to come home to my mess. They have money to spend on garbage cans that automatically open when you walk by them - lol....M & I made trips over to Flippin. Cotter and Gassville....it was a lot like Oregon to me but for the humidity - muggy. Thrilled to see a big store like WalMart in Flippin....on WalMart Ave....hmmm, what else??? Plane trip was looooong - Gaby did an awesome job for her age, she never complained and colored or played with her beanie babies.........or slept.

It is good to be home though, I love Portland. Hope to get out to the pumpkin patch this weekend before the rain comes again next week. Also, Gab started swimming lessons last night. She has to practice her kicks by lying on the bed on her tummy....lol....cute.

Ate oatmeal for breakfast - and am craving veggies. Walked 2 miles yesterday and hope to get my butt out again today.

K- that is my update - how bout you.....Mindee, Jules, Michelle, Kathy, Sue, Sassy,Katy, and Carol?? :write:

Have fun tomorrow on the Victorian tour Cristina!! Would love to do that too!!

RosieKate
10-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Well, my hub, the public school teacher, spent the day with us working in the yard and taking us to the Portland Nursery Apple Tasting (http://portlandnursery.com/events/appletasting.shtml). So much for professional development, lol! Susan - your girls would like this...it's lots of fun and lots of delicious apples to taste.

I see you've been by the Vermont House...our congregation has done an amazing job with that place. I think it's going to be used for the high school youth programs.

Cristina - is it just me or does your ticker say you lost another pound ...WTG!

I weighed in yesterday and I'm down a half pound from my ticker weight. Hopefully next week I will be able to change the ticker. I am almost done with the sweater so I have to hurry up and get off that 1.5 lbs I need to "earn" the sweater...I'm so strange, but it does motivate me a little.

Hi to EVERYONE! I don't have enough time to chat w/everyone else as I have to make dinner. Hope you are all having a great Friday!

Mom2Gaby
10-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Congrats on the weight loss Katy! I am starting to get frustrated w/ mine...never seem to get below that 170.....

VH looks great and makes the area look well kept. My ex lives just down the road from there in an 8 plex by the other entry into your church....*hint *hint...lol

anyway - off to fix dinner....roast beef w/ veggies...I really crave boxed potatoes lately....

k- chat tomorrow!!

Sassy_Chick
10-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Hi Girls!!!!!!

I've been without internet for a couple days. We had a bum modem. But all fixed now. :D Fall is finally here! Only 37 Degrees! :brr:

Had a touch of a bug or something, been feeling under the weather the last two days my behind has been glued to the futon.......but I do feel a bit better.....

My Grandpa isn't doing well. My Uncle and mother think its only a matter of time now. :cry: Hospice is coming in to give him some relief for his pain.

Have a Great Weekend!

jules1216
10-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Hi all, having computer problems again. Stupid computer...should have got a Dell....at least that's what hubby says...

Ry and Alicia may be back together-I can't keep up...I know fall and Halloween are their fave time of year...He is doing really good and is actually helping Teri out alot.

Teri is doing great. She has gained 7 lbs and is 29 weeks. Her little belly is huge and the grandboy is VERY active. She still gets sick every now and then but now just basically eats everything except no Italian dressing--baby boy doesn't like her fave. She has learned to make my homemade mac & cheese and Vegetarian chili. I still don't like her baby's daddy or his mother who actually had the nerve to tell my daughter that she was not buying anything for the baby until after he was born and a paternity test is done--this from a woman whose son is behind on his first child's child support and isn't even making an attempt to find a job. Sorry to say but burnout Dad and grandma are the only sane ones in that family. I worry about my Teri and my grandboy, cause the mom is crazy.

jules1216
10-13-2007, 11:12 AM
Okay..on to individuals..

Sassy--I can relate on the pc problems!!

Sassy--the 20 degree drop in temps has me achy and whenever the highs and lows hit together and all that barometric stuff happens I seem to get a dull headache. Hope you get feeling better.

SuzyQ--I can't wait to bum around with the grandboy!! Your little Gaby is such a good little girl!!

Katy--We want to an Apple Butter Festival last week--it was fun. Hubby used to work on his Grandpas orchard. WTG on the weightloss.

Sue--Happy belated bday!!

Cristina--you are doing so good with the exercise and weightloss!!

Sorry to cut short..hubby's calling--I lost two pounds--but don't get excited--I had gained back 10 so it's not all that great. I do better when I stay accountable and post regularly-but when I gain when I drop off I feel a liitle ashamed and it's hard to post. I know--just get over it right...

RosieKate
10-13-2007, 11:34 AM
Good morning all!

Jules- good to see ya here! As far as I'm concerned 2lbs is 2lbs and they are hard to lose under any situation so way to go! Glad to read that Teri is feeling good and she and the baby are healthy. The baby will be very fortunate to have you and your family...too bad about his daddy. Let's hope he grows up before his son does.

Sassy - Glad you are feeling better and the modem is working. Being sick at home with no internet access is my idea of a nightmare, lol!.. Big hugs to you and your family...hope your grandpa is being kept comfortable and pain-free..

Hi to anyone else reading this! I am off to the gym this morning, yay! With L's strep and various other distractions, I have not been going as much as I should...so I am getting off my butt. Then I have to do something with all these apples! I'm going to bake a pie, make some applesauce, and have some friends over to help us eat it all. That way I don't have extra pie sitting around taunting me all day. And my house gets cleaned. what a deal :P

Have a good one, ladies!

RosieKate
10-13-2007, 11:40 AM
BTW - need some opinions....
As you know, I have been blogging this year and I enjoy it quite a bit. However, I cannot keep up with two. I am thinking of starting a new blog at the first of the year, that's more comprehensive than a knitting blog, but includes the topics in Picky Eaters as well. Then I'll just have the one and it will have all the stuff I want to write about. Here's two ideas I'm messing around with

Pigs in Space (http://pigsinspace.wordpress.com)
and
Katydid (http://rosiekate.wordpress.com)

I only have a title and photography for now, I'm just messing around. See what happens when a kid gets sick?

Mom2Gaby
10-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Good Morning!

Off to the Pumpkin Patch!!:ghost::witch2: My daughters love this place - we have been going for years.

Hi to Sassy and Jules!! Happy to see you both posting. Hugs to you grandfather Sassy :) ,,,,and 7 pounds is great, is that the whole pregnancy Jules?? btw - I agree with Katy.....2 pounds is 2 pounds CONGRATS!

I know it is hard. I have this Arkansas weight gain that makes me wanna cry...I hate it.

k- on that cheery note - lol - I gotta run.....have fun at the gym Katy- chat more later!

jules1216
10-13-2007, 02:37 PM
BTW - need some opinions....
As you know, I have been blogging this year and I enjoy it quite a bit. However, I cannot keep up with two. I am thinking of starting a new blog at the first of the year, that's more comprehensive than a knitting blog, but includes the topics in Picky Eaters as well. Then I'll just have the one and it will have all the stuff I want to write about. Here's two ideas I'm messing around with

Pigs in Space (http://pigsinspace.wordpress.com)
and
Katydid (http://rosiekate.wordpress.com)

I only have a title and photography for now, I'm just messing around. See what happens when a kid gets sick?

i have to say I like Katydid--cause Katy does alot!!

jules1216
10-13-2007, 02:49 PM
SuzyQ--yes 7 lbs the whole time with only 3 months to go. She had gained about 10 lbs over winter so she says it's more like 17. The baby is very healthy and active and measuring good. I thought I did good with Ry--I started out 130 and and gained 30 and lost 35. The first four months she was so sick and couldn't really eat or keep things down. She definitely is eating more than normal but she has always ate healthy and drank water. We were both more than a little surprised when she didn't gain anything at all at the last doctors visit. She starts on the two week visits instead of once a month. I personnally watched her eat lunch the day of her last appt. We went to Panera Bread and she ate a whole bowl of broccoli cheese soup (one of her cravings) a whole salad and a whole sandwich along with two bags of chips. For breakfast she had scrambled egg whites (she has never liked the yolks) and whole wheat toast since she had to get the blood work down to rule out gestational diabetes which she doesn't have. Her belly measures right where it is suppossed to and they haven't complained that she is not gaining enough weight.

Sassy_Chick
10-13-2007, 04:40 PM
TY all. :hug:

Well my mom just called. My Grandpa passed away. :cry: But at least he is no longer in pain and he wasn't alone, the whole family was there.

Anywho, have a good day.

FrouFrou
10-13-2007, 07:25 PM
Hello ladies...

SASSY...lots of hugs to you and yours. I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. :hug:

KATY...yeppers...you saw right, I lost a pound last week, am hoping for another come WI this week. :crossed: The apple thing looks like fun! Apple pie eh? One of my favs, yummy! I too like the Katydid one...the other is cute and I love the footsie! But I like Katydid better. I've tried to keep up with your blogs and even tried to post on them...acting funny again and wanting me to join, lol. I Love all your knitting projects and the one in the works...you are so good! WTG on the loss this week! :bravo:

SUSAN...funny, some of the names of those little towns, lol. It is pretty up there though. And Wal-Mart is a big thing up there with the main offices being in Bentonville, I believe. Hope you guys had fun at the pumpkin patch. I miss going...the kids always loved it. I loved seeing them have so much fun.

JULES...what a wicked woman! She's got nerve for sure. Glad to hear Teri is fine and the baby as well. He will be here before we know it! I have to agree with DH...we have a Dell and it has served us well over the last few years, *knock on wood*. And I just bought Josh one...gonna have to get on his and figure this vista out, lol. And WTG on the 2 pounds! Ditto what Katy & Susan said...a loss is a loss! :bravo:

Man, I am pooped! Started out the day with my 2 mile WATP, and a 2 mile walk on the treadmill. Jumped in the shower and headed to the house tour and walked more...probably got in another 2 miles with that. Had to get tickets for it at the Church and I thought from there we would be able to drive and park close to the houses...but had to walk, ugh! Needless to say...I got in a good work out today for sure! Also, got one of my dvd's...the WATP & Jog one, can't wait to see what it is about. Pretty sure I know already, lol. I've got a few more coming and I can't wait to try them all out!

Hope everyone is enjoying the day! Lots of hugs ladies :hug:

Mom2Gaby
10-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Just popping in for a second.
Sassy- :hug: very sad about your grandfather.It is good that he isn't suffering any more , still heartbreaking for a family. Keeping you in prayers!

Sue - How are you?? Hope all is well w/ your mother. :hug:

Katy - I think I like Katydid too. Where did you go for the apples on Friday?

Cristina - How are you feeling? pssssst, you are never too old for the pumpkin patch :) We went today but I will need to go again. The girls managed to go on the Moo Train but that was all because the lines were so long. I guess I thought it was my own idea to go on a lovely sunny Saturday....me and half of the Portland Metro population - haha.....took 90 minuets to get off the island. The link to the PP http://www.thepumpkinpatch.com/

Jules - wow sounds like Teri eats good! I gained about 30 /40 with each of the girls .

k- off I go to get some things at the store. The R's ran off with their friends for the evening and Gab went with their dad to take pumpkins for some of his grandchildren.....course Gaby cried because she wanted the pumpkins....*gads.....

HUGS to all ........

Sassy_Chick
10-13-2007, 11:24 PM
Hi Girls.

TY. :hug:

The service is Tuesday.

Well sorry there isn't more to say..........

Have a Great Rest of the Weekend though!

jules1216
10-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Sassy--major hugs to you. We are here if you need us!!

SuzyQ--I am still working on the weight I gained from Teri!!! I gained 60 pounds in the last 4 months of my pregnancy. Not a good thing. The pumpkin patch sounds fun. There are a few in the area. All the haunted trails, mazes and houses are in full swing. Teri does eat very healthy, but part of it is she was always a very picky eater.

Cristina--I am beginning to believe she really is wicked. Teri went over to visit with Lily, Dave's now 4 year old and the woman was cutting major on Dave in front of them. Telling him he is worthless and all kinds of mean stuff. Teri's counselor told her that part of the reason Dave does some of the dumb stuff he does is he doesn't have any good role models, his aunt that was good for him was killed by a drunk driver last November and part of his problems stems from that. The counselor wants her to bring Dave next time, but he did tell her in fixing herself she needs to set boundaries and if Dave isn't willing to make changes then they may not work out as a couple but they will always have a child together and need to have a relationship for the baby. On a cuter note...Lily asked Teri if the baby in her belly was a brother or a sister. Her mom is actually pregnant and due in December too. She will have two little half brothers.

Hi Katy & Sue & anyone else lurking!!

Well I am off to Ry's room to get the kids some of their winter studd. It was 40 degrees here this morning!!

RosieKate
10-14-2007, 04:21 PM
(((Sassy))) so sorry about your grandpa

Jules - thx for the feed back..I'm probably going to go w/ Katydid as well...like you say..I do things :D BTW - I gained 60 w/ my son and 70 w/ my DD. Yuck. Lost all the weight from James and then some only to turn around and pack it on with Leigh. Almost have all those pounds off, but its taken 6 years. Better than not to get it off at all, I guess.

Susan - PP sounds like fun! I have pumpkins growing in the yard, so we'll probably skip it this year. Have you been out to any of the farms in Canby? Fir Point and Flower Farmer are out there and you don't get stuck on an island, lol! The apples were at Portland Nursery, the one on Stark St. Gaby would love it....

Cristina - thx for reading my blogs. I am bummed that you are being asked to join something, tho'. I set those blogs to take comments from anyone, so I am annoyed. The new blog is through Wordpress, instead of Blogger, and I think they are a little easier to work with on leaving comments and responding to comments.

Most people I show the blogs to are saying go with Katydid...so I will! Not until the new year, though, and there will be links from the old blogs to get to the new one. I like blogging, but really, what was I thinking trying to keep up with two???

Today is pretty mellow around here. Just got back from Sunday School, and I am going to Nia pretty soon, then we'll just see what the rest of the day brings. Getting carpets and ducts cleaned tomorrow, so I can kick back and not clean today - yay! Maybe I'll finish that sweater...I only have to knit the colllar - so close! Now my body needs to cooperate....

Mom2Gaby
10-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Good Afternoon!

Katy - I have heard of the patches out in Canby. I went to one w/ a train years ago when I worked in a day care?? Anyway , I will google and check out if they have sites. I know I have to go somewhere for a Hayride....lol....have to, have to.....thanks for the info on the apples!

Jules - I gained the most w/ Rebecca. I didn't lose that weight for 10 years.I lost fast w/ Rach (which led me to getting pregnant so fast - the girls are 16 months apart - haha) and Gaby I took a year.

Sassy :hug:

I am just bumming today. It is beautiful outside. I had sausage and hashbrowns for breakfast,,,,,,yikes...small servings but still. I get paid tomorrow so I can buy some fruits and veggies....and maybe go get my feta salad that I love so much. Scale did go down 2 pounds - so am at 172 now.....blah - blah....

Better get Gab busy again with something.

Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday!!:hug:

Sassy_Chick
10-15-2007, 04:18 AM
TY all. :hug:

FrouFrou
10-15-2007, 04:44 PM
:woohoo: SUSAN! you'll get those other 2 pounds off in no time! The pumpkin patch looked like fun! Did you guys do the maze? That's something I want to do here..they have these corn mazes...I'm afraid of bugs, lol! But they are not big ones...there's supposed to be a haunted one. That's something else I would like to do, a haunted house. Went to one a couple of years ago and while some dummy did scare me, lol, it wasn't worth the money at all.

SASSY...thinking of you and your family, lots of hugs.

KATY...when I do remember to I click on your blogs, I love looking at all your knitting...geez woman you are good! I need to get these carpets cleaned. They are not dirty, well they probably are...all the people walking thru before we moved in-they were still showing the house up until the week of closing. But I want to stay on top of it before it gets dirty. Was just looking at a Sears ad yesterday. Never tried them...last people we went thru they did it different, no chemicals, which I liked but I didn't feel that they got the carpets clean. Might go with them again.

JULES...geez, sounds like that woman has really broken the guy down. No wonder he is the way he is. My SIL used to tell my niece she was stupid, no wonder no one liked her, she was worthless. I jumped on her because she was only 5! There's no reason a person should talk to their child like that. Today though, Kathy is grown and they have the best relationship. So apparently she did something right, lol. I am glad Teri is working on 'her' sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders.

Hiya everyone else :wave:

Today has been a worthless day, lol. I slept until 9, heard the dog so took him potty. He had been hiding under the bed since yesterday from 3 p.m. until then because of thunderstorms. So took him out and then went back to bed, lol. Must be the weather because I didn't get up until noon, YIKES! Oh well...guess we all need a day like that sometimes, lol. I did get up and get one of my new dvds done...the Leslie Sansone Walk & Jog...man what a work out. She said that if you do the jogging part (she has a lady do the low impact, no jogging) the 30 mn. dvd is equal to a 2.5 mile walk! This one has some different moves as well. Plus I did a little over 2 miles on the treadmill. And...I got two more of the new dvds in the mail today...Denise Austins Burn Fat Fast-Cardio, Dance & Sculpt & Preventions Dance it Off...can't wait to try them. Anyway...yakkity, yak.

Hoping everyone is having a GREAT day!

Mom2Gaby
10-15-2007, 06:23 PM
Hi Cristina.....What kind of doggie do you have???

We didn't go through the maze. 2 years ago I took a shot of the girls in the middle of the maze and I wanted to get the same shot but there was a line. After the Moo Train line we just wanted to go home. So, I will have to take them back!! Mothers Obession.....lol.....I do have a shot of the girls in the train though. I need to go to my sisters though to use the CD and I will post it!! I also have some Arkansas ones at Cotter.

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Lots of errands and now I need to go get Gaby. She walked out without a coat this morning so I went and bought her one that was $20 off, good deal! I also bought my feta salads and think I will go munch it down, starving. HOPE to get those 2 pounds off Cristiana!! Can you beleive October is 1/2 over??? Yikes.....gotta burn some caolories somehow.....like exercising.....haha

k- better get!! HUGS

Sassy_Chick
10-15-2007, 07:34 PM
Hi Ladies.

TY all once again for keeping me in your thoughts. :hug:

DH went to the Orthopedist today for his knee. He went to one that I went too years ago for my ankle. I had really bad tendinitis in it and knock on wood after seeing that dr. it has never came back! We had forgotten all about him until mil mentioned him to DH. He is getting an MRI now of his knee. He said he'd fill me in on what all the dr said when he gets back.

I'm glad I got the 3 days bereavement, although I'm sure my boss will have a tissy over it. But nothing he can do about it. We tried and tried to get a hold of him on the weekend to let him know and he never answered his phone or his page, so not our faults.

Cristina -- Seems like you are doing fabulous darling! :D DH has said he has been feeling lots better since we've been eating better. We still haven't been exercising yet. But DH's knee has been killing him and so has my back. I think mine is due to this crazy weather though. I need to break out my WATP DVD too. I think I have a couple Denise Austin's too.

Susan -- $20 off! Wow what a deal! We need to find one for DH, he's due for a new coat, and actually so am I. lol.

Hi Jules, Michelle, Sue, and to anybody I may have forgotten and to those MIA! :wave:

The neighbor's next door have a little yappy dog that barks constantly and drives me insane! :crazy: We've told them about it and they don't seem to care. I hate to tell on them cuz they may end up having to lose their dog or move, but its driving me nuts!

Then their is some ding-dong outside blaring their music all hours as well. I just love apt. living. NOT! lol. We are still looking for a condo or house to rent. I found some in the Sunday Paper. I hope and pray we get out of here. I've had it! lol.

Well enough of my complaining. lmao. Tomorrow is my Grandpa's Funeral.

FrouFrou
10-16-2007, 01:33 PM
Hello ladies...

SASSY...more hugs to you sweetie, thinking of you today. :hug: Sorry about the noisy neighbors and the yappy dog. Our last neighbors had a yappy dog and when he barked he was always on the deck because he wanted in...the noise though would bounce off the wall and boy was it loud. You would think after a few hours the dog would get tired and his throat would hurt or something, nada. The dog would do it all day long and some evenings when they left. He wanted attention but they were too busy. Needless to say our neighbors didn't like us, lol. You can't win...seems like when you try to be nice and talk with them the get mad. And I even chased the dog trying to get it back in their fence a couple of times. Oh well. I have a dog and am very condsiderate of the neighbors and expect the same. Of course I would never leave Ernie dog out all day, he wouldn't survive. Oh, and thank you! Glad to hear you and DH are feeling better from eating better.

SUSAN...GREAT deal on the coat. I could use, or I should say I would like a new coat. But will just have to make do with the one I have had for years. I don't wear one half the time anyway, lol. Can't wait to see pictures...I love looking at pictures! Ernie dog is 12 years old and is half chihuahua and 1/2 mn. schnauzer...a mean combo, lol. But he is a smart dog and listens, to me anyway, lol. I am wanting another dog, and have been for a few years but everytime I think about getting one I think of him and how he might not like another dog, might get his feelings hurt. He is a needy little dog...needs a lot of attention from all of us. I think he will freak when Josh comes home. You can say his name and his ears go up so I know he remembers him. He'll just act like he's mad at him for a few days, lol.

HI KATY, SUE, JULES, KATHY and anyone reading this.

I've been up since 8 but haven't gotten much done. Had to run a couple of errands this morning. But...I do plan on getting my exercise done...as soon as I get off here. Doing a dvd, mowing the front yard and probably 1.5 mile walk. Spent quite a bit of time on this thing trying to get airline reservations for Josh to come home...man the times suck. I could have gotten the times and less layovers for $2200, yikes! Too much money. Anywho...that's about all I have for now. Oh, forgot to add my WI...I am down almost 1.5 pounds...so close to the 180's now it is killing me! I will be sooooo happy when I get to 189! Shoot, I am doing the happy dance now and I am just down to 190.6, lol! Gettin' there, slowly but surely.

Have a great day chickies!

Mom2Gaby
10-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Good Morning!

Sassy - :hug::hug: Thinking of you today and your family!

Cristina - :bravo::dance: :congrat: :cheer2: Thank you for doing so well in your weight loss. Hope that doesn't sound weird but your success keeps me determined to carry on. Frustrating these past few weeks for me but you are an exercise wonder, I am happy that you are seeing results!!! We had a mini schnauzer, post a pic??? Would love to see.

Gaby's coat was a little snug but she wanted to wear it. I bought a nice one last year for myself at $40 off at an end of season sale. Comes in handy now......makes me look like I have money - haha

So, I watched The Bimbo's again last night on The Bachelor. He kind of is growing on me (like fungus?? :D ) and I hope he finds true love....:o::val2:

I had an onion bagel for breakfast. I am going to go find something for lunch. Veggie soup sounds good, I love soup!

k- Sue, Katy, Mindee, Jules, Kathy, Michelle :cofdate: come chat w/ us :)

Sassy_Chick
10-17-2007, 05:49 AM
Hi Ya Girls.

Well Yesterday went, ok, as well I guess as a funeral can go. All the family was there of course. Yippee. lol. It was good to see MOST of them. lol. Even though most of them do not even know what STATE I live in! Sad, but true! lol....Anywho.......

My Grandpa served in WWII so he had a military burial, that was a first one of those for me...........:cry:

I haven't had much sleep at all. :tired: Infact I hadn't slept yet when we went to the funeral yesterday and the pastor insisted on being long winded............Hes a very nice man and all, but wow.........lol.

Cristina -- Ugh their yappy dog gets on our last nerve and they KNOW he does it and KNOW that he has issues but still do nothing about it. As much as the little bugger drives me insane, at the same time I feel sorry for him because it seems to me like they are not giving him the proper attention he needs. I know our kitty has abandonment issues (he was a stray kitty when we took him in) and we take responsibility for that. If we are gone for more than 24 hours, we have a friend or family member come over and check on him, I can't see why they can't either take their yipper to a doggie daycare, or to a friend/family members house, or have someone pop over occasionally. Aw well.........that is the breaks of living in an apt building I suppose........lol.

Susan -- Mmmmmm I love bagels. I know they aren't the best for ya and all, but occasionally after work, we stop at a local bagel joint and they have the best bagels.......:drool: Need to shut up I'm just making myself hungry and that is the last thing I need to do is eat as that seems like all I've been doing the last day or so! lol.

Have a Wonderful "Hump" Day All! :)

FrouFrou
10-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Okay ladies...thought I would beat the storm and get my computer time but it's here and I need to get off this thing...will be back later, hopefully.

Have a good day all...it's an ugly one here!

Mom2Gaby
10-17-2007, 03:18 PM
Good Morning!

:hug: Sassy....

I have a quickie!! I did have my morning bagel from Noahs. I think it is ok Sassy....I figure I have it in the mornings and so I can adjust my daily calories around it. I love carbs.....lol ....

Busy w/ Gaby doing swimming lessons and so many errands. With my new found energy I realized how far behind I was...haha. Thinking of stew for dinner - yum. I love cabbage but the girls gag so I might cook that as a side and put in my own bowl. Down to 171 now so am breathing easier over the Arkansas gain......

k - bbl :)

FrouFrou
10-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Back again ladies...

SASSY...that was the problem with the ex-neighbors dog...it needed and craved attention and they didn't have time for the dog. The mother of the neighbor did start going over and checking on it and they started keeping it inside but they must have put it in a room because when I was in the backyard I could hear it yelping still. Glad the funeral went well, like you said, as well as they go. Hugs to you :hug:

SUSAN...you are too kind! But I appreciate the support! Funny, because you are the on ewho motivates me and keep sme going! You have done so well the past few months-you put me to shame! I read the article too and I think...she just kept on going up ALL those stairs! You have come a long way baby! Remember those commercials, lol. But seriously, you have and you are an inspiration to me! :hug: So a BIG THANK YOU to YOU! And that is why I know you will get back to where you need to be...you are a strong woman, and a great supporter! :hug:

Pictures, you want to see pictures of ernie dog, lol?! I say that because umm, he's our baby and we take all kinds of pictures all the time, lol! Weird I know, lol. Funny thing is he loves having his picture took. When you take the camera out and he hears that click he is right there and waiting, lol.

Anywho...nothing much going on today. Not being on the computer allowed me to get other things done, lol. Other things that didn't include walking or exercising. Bad girl! This weather brings me down for sure. The plan was to go walk at the park but it started raining early so...I did get some things done in Josh's room...trying to get that taken care of before he gets home.

HI to everyone else :wave: Hoping all is well with you and yours.

Have a good one ladies! :wave:

Mom2Gaby
10-17-2007, 05:26 PM
omgosh.....what a cute little doggie Cristina! I want one for Gaby. What do you think of the Ellen DeGeneres She was on her show yesterday talking about adopting a dog and when the dog didn't get along with her cats she let her hairdresser adopt it. Which , I guess was against the contract so the adoption agency took the dog back when it found out. ...... I thought it was dumb. Taking a dog that had bonded w/ the new family.....they could have screened the family without taking it out of the home. anyway - blah. :gossip::gossip:
Thanks for the kind words! wow......I am glad I inspired someone...lol. Thanks for the pm, I forgot to say my sister is doing ok...she has bad days and good days. My other nephew will turn 11 on Friday so she is planning a get together.

Weather is icky here too. I bought lots of veggies for my soup and think I will go ahead and put cabbage in it...let the girls pick it out if they want.

Grandparents day is Friday at Gaby's school! How fun. My mom and ex will go since the ex is 73.(yes, I was married to a man 30 years older - haha) ...he will pass as her grandpa.

k- hi to everyone!! Have to go pick Gab up from school.

FrouFrou
10-17-2007, 05:51 PM
We love our ernie dog, lol! I have been wanting another for so long but so afraid he won't bond with a new puppy.

I saw that about Ellen...almost made me cry when she started crying. Yeah, so stupid but she signed a contract and they keep saying that. Poppycock! So what she signed a contract...she gave the dog to a loving home and the family and the dog bonded and I think it is wrong of them to just take that dog from that family. Ellen was just trying to do something good.

Someone once said to me when DH#1 passed...how did you get over it? People always said dumb things to me but anyway...I told this person that you never get over the loss of a loved one, never! You just learn how to deal with it. For them to think that because a person has passed away that you don't ever grieve, or think of that person is just ludicrous to me. I heard also, you have to get on with your life and the big one...well, at least it wasn't a divorce! I think too the loss of a child is the worst loss a person could ever have to deal with so I feel for your sis. It's so hard when you have other children as well and you think about him not being there for special occasions...so hard. Hugs to your sis.

Ah, grandparents day at school...you are funny, the ex, lol. Hey, nothing wrong with the age difference...it's just a bunch of numbers! And yes, you do inspire me MS SUSAN! And I bet you inspire others.

I better get going...V just got home. Not usually on the puter at this time because I get it in early, most days anyway. These darn storms just mess up everything!

Have a good one Susan! :hug:

Sassy_Chick
10-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Hi Ladies.

I finally got some sleep and yes feel lots better! :D

Cristina -- This is what this doggie's problem is, it just needs attention and love and I think they don't have the time to give it unfortunately. Poor Doggie. :( Your Ernie Dog is a Cutie! I can see why your a proud "Mama" ;) We are the exact same way with our "Baby" Baxter. (Our kitty) He is spoiled ROTTEN and that is another reason why we don't want to get another kitty cat right now cuz we don't think he'd get along with another kitty either, although I do think it would be good for him. Esp after being with our other cat who passed away, for so long.

Susan -- that is crazy that they took that doggie away from that family, without even giving them a chance! People do not realize how close people can get to animals. I love my kitty like my own baby and if someone ever tried to take him away, well it wouldn't be pretty that is for sure. lol. So sorry for your sister. My cousin died when he was only 16 yrs old and Cristina is right, doesn't matter how long, you never get over it, esp their parents. I don't see how any parent could "get over" something like that, losing a child. I'm not a parent, but I still cannot imagine. I agree w/ Cristina again about the age thing. Age is only a # and if two people love one another I don't see the big deal. :shrug:

Well ladies I hope you all are having a great evening. :)

jules1216
10-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Sassy-Ry's cat Hobbs doesn't get along with other cats but loves dogs. It's funny to watch hus cat and Teri's chiauaua (sp???) play together. Ry's cat also fetches a little rubber ball and waits for him by the door. I agree wqith you guys--if the family and the dog bonded it was worse on the dog to remove it--poor puppy!!

Cristina--send some of that rain this way--someone said that it's drier than a "popcorn fart" which made me wonder.....what exactly is a popcorn fart???? i love my dogs too. Levi is 7 1/2 and Cinnamin is 8 1/2. We had to take her to the vets. She overdid and was limping more than usual. We were beginning to worry that she broke something so Jerry took her in to get xrays and I stayed home with Levi. Nothing broke but we gave her a antiinflamatory/pain killer. She was better in a day or two so we saved some pills for the next time--she thinks she is still a puppy and gets all excited playing and pays for it later, She weighed in at 78.9 pounds.

SuzyQ--have to agree that age doesn't matter if you have fun and enjoy each other--well unless one of the two is under 16 and the other over 21. The cooler fall weather has me making more soup too. I made lentil this weekend and might go with vegetable this weekend. The cabbage in it sounds good--might add some myself. Luckily both hubby and I like it so nobody has to pick it out.

Katy--are you off knitting or blogging?

Well I have to say that ALL of you encourage or motivate me in one way or another and I appreciate it!!

Sassy_Chick
10-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Hi Jules! :wave:

Awwwwww......Our Baxter didn't like my mil's dog, when he was still alive and we were still living there, but he was ok, he just hissed at him if he got in our cats face. lol. People don't think about the animals feelings, only their own. Poor Puppy. :(

RosieKate
10-18-2007, 10:32 AM
Good morning!

Sassy - glad to hear the funeral went well; I've been thinking about you. I laughed about the relatives not knowing what state you live in....I have some who don't even know my last name, lol! The yappy dog reminds me of some former neighbors DH and I had when we lived in our apartment. They had a toddler and a great dane in their two-bedroom, third-floor apartment. They were too lazy to take the dog out, so they would collect his poops and keep them in a bag outside their door, where we could trip over it every time we left our apartment. Finally DH started hanging the bags on their door knob, then they stopped.

Jules - ugh - no time to blog...almost finished with the 20 lb sweater, but still haven't lost the 20 lbs! :yikes:

I'll have to come back later...kids are getting up and want food of all things- inconsiderate little beasties,,,hee hee....

FrouFrou
10-18-2007, 04:32 PM
Hello ladies...

SASSY...funny how we spoil our babies, lol. But they are our babies. I love the name Baxter...what a cute name! I told DD & DH next dog will be a male and his name will be George Clooney, lol! I laugh but am serious. We were talking about Sex/City show and the one girl named her dog Elizabeth Taylor...we laugh and think about the part where she says "Elizabeth Taylor was gang raped!" But she called her dog by both names and that's when I thought of George Clooney...has a nice ring to it, lol. How are you feeling today?

KATY...I saw that "20lb sweater" and thought, oh my gosh that is going to be a heavy sweater, lol. :rofl: Then remembered it is a 20 lb. goal, lol. Geez louise! Hoping all is well with you and yours and those little beasts got some food! That's nasty about the neighbors dog poop!

JULES...poor doggie, glad he is alright. Ernie used to love to play...he would go crazy some times and run around the house and furniture quite a few times...too funny to see. He would also do it outdoors...now, he's lucky to do it two or three times and then he is pooped. Getting old for sure. And same here...you ALL motivate me as well!

MS SUSAN...hoping all is well with you today!

Did the wally world thing today...some days I hate going to that zoo, lol. Of course on the way there was a car accident...hope the old couple is okay. It looked like the car had flipped and landed in the ditch in the direction I was going. Just saw the old man with his face and head all bloody and his wife stunned. I just don't know how they did it though. There was no other car. Anyway...got my shopping done came home and DD told me she heard a bang on the door and it sounded like someone tried to kick the door in-weird. She jumped up and didn't see anyone leaving and there was no one at the door. Think Ernie heard it and it spooked him...he didn't bark but went next to hear. There is a shoe print on the door but we don't know if it was there before or not. I know I have used my foot to push the door open before so...just weird. Anyway...did a little over 2 miles on the treadmill (too cold to walk outdoors, and windy) and did my 2 mile WATP so feeling good about that. Other than that just trying to get some laundry done.

Have a good day ladies! :hug: :wave:

Mom2Gaby
10-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Hi :dizzy:
Just a quickie. I am so far behind and this internet was way slow today. Pissing me off!! lol

Ate stew and feel like a big cabbage patch doll now. I had to run out and buy the girls bento's because they gagged at the sight of cabbage.

better run for Gaby...she is refusing to do her homework,,,,,rather play with her beanie babies.....ARGH,,,,

Hi to you all!! Good to see you Jules!

Sassy_Chick
10-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Hola Chicas!

Katy -- Thanks! Yes and I think most of my relatives don't know what my last name is now either! lol. Except for my one uncle who's first name is the same as our last name -- he said he will never forget! lol. DH & I LOVE :love: Great Danes. He grew up with them and we want to get one -- when we get a house. We are allowed dogs here, but I do not think it is fair to have a dog, big or small, in an apt. (our personal opinions, plus here there is no room at all to walk doggies) So as soon as we get a house, we'll get us a doggie. ;)

Cristina -- Yes Our "Baby" is very spoiled, but we love him. :love: We got his name from the Meow Mix Commerical, if you remember it. He would always call his owner Meowing, well when we first got him and when we would leave him, he would Meow, so that is how he got his name.......George Clooney, wow that is going to be a sexy dog! lol. I am feeling pretty good, still a bit tired, but I did sleep well, maybe a little bit too well? lol. That is another reason I do love our shifts, when we go to Wally World, there is hardly anybody there! :D Wow dunno how that old couple did that either, glad they were ok......Weird about the door, that kinda happened to me a few weeks back when I was alone and it totally flipped me out! Sounded like they were trying to break down the door! But again like you guys, there was nobody there! Scary though! You are doing simply Marvelous Darling, with your exercising! :carrot:

Susan -- Argh Slow Internet! Very frustrating to say the least! lol. Mmmmm stew...........yummo. Beanie Babies. I have a few. I only get the ones I think are cute. lol. I have a Lion one that is just ADORABLE! lol.

:wave: to all out there in Lurkdom-Land! lol.

BIG :hug:

jules1216
10-19-2007, 02:20 PM
The baby shower was a blast--Geneva did an excellent job and Teri's friend from LA was there. She got alot of really great stuff. I can't figure out how to get the pictures onto this site, but I can email them. PM me with your email address and I will send them to you.

I am off to go to Teri's doctor appt, bbl!

Mom2Gaby
10-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Good Morning!

awww, great Jules. I am glad the shower was fun!! How exciting.

I have another quickie. Running for grandparents day and since parents can come also I want to be there for Gab.
Ate oatmeal and banana for breakfast. Changed my ticker up 1 pound and took off my monthly losses....was starting to frustrate me!!
Chat more in a bit!

Mom2Gaby
10-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Good Morning Again!

Thanks Jules for the pictures! Teri looks like a sweetie and so happy!
Showed Ex Gaby's classroom and left. lol Gaby was happy to see him. I am going to take her early from school (meaning she will miss the after school program)because she will go for the weekend w/ her father. It seems lately we don't do much fun stuff, just in bed , out of bed.......

Sassy - Gab has dog and cat beanies and they all have a twin. lol She loves them, they are very much worn out. My family still uses my maiden name, even though I haven't used it in almost 20 years - lol

anyway I might head down to Powells after I get Gab and buy a book for the weekend. My sister has her party for my nephew tonight and I was taking the girls to that. Otherwise plan on staying indoors and resting while Miss Gabster is w/ her father.

Hello to you all :wave: I will try and get some of my pictures posted tonight when at my sisters.

FrouFrou
10-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Hello ladies...

SASSY...oh, I forgot about your incident with the door...it really was weird and it always bugs me when someone comes to the door and we don't get there fast enough. Had an older couple come one day...I was in the back and by the time I looked around front there was no one in sight. Didn't know who they were or why they were there. Just feel like they were there for something but never come back, lol. Just feel compelled to know who was at my door and what they wanted, lol. Thank you! I am trying to do good. I think I strayed a little this week since I have done so well so trying to be careful. I tend to do that...do good and because I am doing good, mess up. Gotta stay on top of it for sure.

SUSAN...hope you had a nice time at Gaby's school. I never went to the kids school on grandparents day because no one said the parents could be there. :( Poor kids never had grandparents around, still don't. Anywho...that's got to be hard for your sis...planning a party for one child when another is gone. Hugs to her. :hug: And yeah, I HATE when the computer is slow too! It kills me!

JULES...thanks for the pictures...they are GREAT! But hey, where's one of you? Teri is coming along and I am glad you guys had a good time at the baby shower.

Nothing much going on with me. Went for a walk at the park so got that in. Took the stuff to the recycling place and did a couple of things around here. Still doing laundry, lol. Going to go to SAMS when V gets home to get a few things. That's about all...nothing special planned for the weekend either...exercising and walking and hoping to get a lot of reading done.

Have a good weekend ladies!

jules1216
10-19-2007, 09:12 PM
SuzyQ--my mom, Grammy, always went to grandparents day with the kids. I wish I was closer--we could go see a movie. I want to see Gone, Baby,Gone. It's from one of Dennis Lehane's books and he's one of my favorite authors. I was so busy I kept forgetting to take pictures. Didn't realize that I took none of Teri & Dave together. It really wasn't on purpose even though he is not my favorite person.

Cristina--it really was fun. I hadn't actually got to see Trish and Blaire for awhie--I spend some time holding him. He is such a sweetie. Hard to believe he's already 6 months old. My mind works like yours...my first thought was wow a 20 lb sweater would be heavy....

Katy--you are doing so great with the weight loss--lifting that "20 lb" sweater should help you lose those last couple of pounds--j/k. I have to go look on your blog, I can't remember if you posted any pics of it.

Hey there Sassy!! and anyone else!!

Sassy_Chick
10-20-2007, 12:00 AM
Hi Girls. :wave:

Well once again I didn't sleep that well. I had to "catnap" a few hours but I'm still tired. :tired: I think its just everything that went on this week has my sleeping schedule all out of whack. lol.

Susan -- My family is just so out of touch with each other. Like my mom said to my cousin, its a shame that we only get together at such morbid times. That is why nobody knows anything about anybody else. One of my Aunts really ticked off my DH too. Only thing she said to me was, "Still workin?" That was it, except for goodbye when everybody was leaving. It really made my DH mad. I didn't know this until afterwards and he was telling my mom. Guess I'm just used to it. Sad but true I feel closer to my step family and in-laws and my fil's family than my own. Only one I am close too is my mother of course. Everybody else honestly I could care less because they could care less about me. They are my family and of course I love them, but well, you can't force people to care about you, even if they are your family. I'm also close to one of my cousins who I was raised with, so she is more like my sister to me. We hugged one another like we were never going to see each other again. lol. My Grandparents raised her, so when our Grandpa died, it was like her dad dying and I could sympathize with that. Anyways, enough about my "soap opera" family life. lol. One of these days I will write about them and maybe you all will be able to see it on tv. lmao.

Cristina -- Yeah it was very spooky. But I think I figured it out. I think it was the moron's next door, I think the crazy loud husband came home drunk one night and forgot which door to go into. DH told me that he is a BIG guy (very muscular) so that would fit in the description of the pounding I heard on the door. Still spooky. I figure if I can't be a "Diet Diva" like the rest of you all, I can be your all's :cheer2: and you all are doing GREAT! :D

Jules -- Glad that the baby shower went well. :bb:

Well the "Yapper" is at it again. I SO wish those morons next door would move! They are just noisy and a pain! They talk loud too and are just driving me insane! Maybe its lack of sleep that has me cranky, but still. I want to get out of this place!!!!! Thanks for listening to me ramble away. I should be sending each of you a check for all of you being my personal counselors. lol.

Big :hug: to all

Mom2Gaby
10-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Good Morning!

Survived the family birthday party last night Sassy! I am not close to my family, though I think I try. I called my older sister a week ago saying if she was going to the party let me know cause I would pick her up. She is 45 and never has learned to drive a car. So, I never hear back all week and while out all afternoon she called at 4pm and left a message that if I was still offering she would be ready. Argh. By now I have issues w/ Rach and am trying to get Gab’s bags packed for her weekend and decided just not to call sis back. lol - is that bad?? I mean...if she really wanted a ride she should have confirmed earlier in the week so I could plan my day. I wouldn't have taken Gab swimming.
Arrive at my Little sisters and am asked where is Big Sister because I am suppose to be bringing her. WhatEVER…..
Anyway, Big sister finally shows up and we kind of talk but not about the misunderstanding. She really needs to learn how to drive.
I guess my point is - lol - I always feel like I am doing something wrong within my family. I always feel like an outsider.
btw- my sis in law had a baby chihuahua that she bought last week, it was the cutest thing. Gab fell in love.

So, about my little sisters Cristina. She seemed quite. She had invited my nephews (the one that passed away) friends and about 9 teen boys showed up. I thought that was nice. Rach was thrilled w/ that. haha.

anyway - took Gab to her fathers and Rach and I came home. Becky had left for Seattle w/ her best friend for the weekend.

Would love to see Gone Baby Gone, Jules! I hear Amy Ryan is real good in that. I still need to go see Into the wild, haven't done that yet.

I better get busy! Hope you are getting your sleep Sassy! I had a 8 grain roll for breakfast and think I will make some chicken soup for dinner. Love this weather Katy?? lol

Mindee!!! We miss you!! And Sue, Kathy and Michelle.....hope you all are well.

chat later..........

jules1216
10-20-2007, 04:24 PM
Move on over to #30....

Marti
10-20-2007, 04:35 PM
I'm closing this for you girls. :hug: