LA Weight Loss - womans world acceleration menu ????

momof3boys1girl
08-27-2007, 11:26 AM
anyone up for trying the 2 day fat burning acceleration menu that was in the magazine???

I cant seem to move from 219-222lbs....feel plateaud...so im going to try this today and tommorow and see what happens...anyone else care to join me?>?

Pastrey
08-27-2007, 11:35 AM
I picked up the magazine Friday night. I did takeoff this weekend – first time in about a month and a half...the article reminded me could be worth a try. I am bringing magazine into my COD and asking them if I can follow the plan in it.

I was told previously the two day takeoff could only be done once every two weeks… I would love to do it for two days of every week!!

If COD agrees, I am in. I just don’t want to do anything to lose the guarantee they gave me…

K8-EEE
08-27-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm not on this plan (I'm more on Sonoma Diet) but giving the Woman's World thing a go Thursdays and Fridays. I figure WTH, I'm curious to see if there's anything to it, it's all stuff I eat anyhow.

I did it last Thurs & Fri but alas my scale went bonkers, I don't have a working scale!! But my daughter has a Dr. appt tomorrow so will check in there and let you know if it worked. My clothes do feel looser!

I've been losing a painfully slow half-pound a week average, I would love to make it more like a pound and a half a week at least!

I did know one woman who broke through a really nasty WW plateau....like, her last 10 pounds stuck for 6 months of being on WW perfectly!! by doing a similar thing, extra low calorie/carb for 2 consecutive days out of the week. When she started doing that she finally budged the scale & lost the 10 pounds in 6 weeks or so.

It was something similar to what is in WW mag, only in WW ("points") jargon but the same principal, ie, "low points" for two days and "higher range points" for 5 days.

angelbretsmom
08-27-2007, 02:01 PM
does anyone have the info regarding this I have been stuck for the last month or so, and I am willing to try anything at this point

Thanks
Stacie

dolphn545
08-27-2007, 02:35 PM
I need the info as well, if anyone is willing to share. The Woman's World magazine I picked up today doesn't have that info. I have the 9/4 issue. :thanks:

Pastrey
08-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Stacie,

If you are on LAWL, it is basically 5 days of following your LAWL program (coloured or numbered) and then two days of takeoff (6 oz protein, unlimited green vegetables (raw), and 1 cantaloupe a day, and your two protein bars. Only real difference I seen was it called for 1 cantaloupe a day rather than just ½ of one…

Magazine is calling for takeoff (or they term it ‘acceleration’) for two days of the week, every week….

Hope this helps!

K8-EEE
08-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Here's how the plan was worded in the magazine (I cut it out and have it here with my shopping lists!)

FAT BURNING ACCELERATION MENU

Use this menu for two consecutive days per week. On each "acceleration day" enjoy:

2 protein bars (8 grams protein, 180 calories such as Luna bars)
1 whole cantaloupe
6 oz lean protein
Unlimited veggies \
Unlimited very lo-cal extras (vinegar, spices, etc.)
Unlimited water, zero calorie beverages in moderation

Sample menu features egg scrambled egg whites & cantaloupe for breakfast, grilled chicken salad for lunch, 2 oz (TWO???) sirloin steak with steamed veggies for dinner, Luna bars for snacks.

btw they have Luna bars at Smart & Final by the box, very good price....I really love them! My vegetarian daughter takes them to school for a snack almost every day.

Katy66
08-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Curious, did the magazine say this was a LAWL thing or was it just an acceleration that they suggested? Just wondering how happy LA would be about them suggesting the LUNA bars.

Either way I think I'd like to give it a whirl. Did it by any chance limit the veggies to green or was it any veggie?

Joni135
08-27-2007, 04:46 PM
The article does mention LAWL.

maiat
08-27-2007, 05:38 PM
I haven't seen the magazine, but I do have some advice regarding a plateau. I recently got through a plateau by using more fiber in my diet. I couldn't believe what a change it made in the scale. I guess insoluable fiber is indigestable and causes you to naturally flush out your system daily. I cannot say enough about how this has changed my weight loss!

NaomiZ
08-27-2007, 07:36 PM
I bought the womans world on friday but it was not in it, maybe it was a new/old issue? or could be a US/Canada thing?? I was disapointed.

Kim0303
08-27-2007, 08:09 PM
It is August 28 issue. My Sister found it at a Dollar Store because the grocery stores already had Sept. issue. She found it yesterday. I did the 2 day take off and the scale didn't budge.:chin:

NaomiZ
08-27-2007, 08:58 PM
that explains it the issue was the sept 4th one I got.

K8-EEE
08-28-2007, 03:27 AM
I was thinking that too because they actually quoted some LAWL executive (probably EX-executive this week) as "giving up the simple secrets of weight loss acceleration after some arm twisting." They didn't say anything about going to the place or anything like that. They probably have that guy's head on the platter, it read like an endorsement for the competitor's product!

While they didn't SAY any veggies were off-limits, the sample menus were all the classic "freebie" veggies from weight watchers, etc....no corn, potatoes, peas, that type of thing.

Curious, did the magazine say this was a LAWL thing or was it just an acceleration that they suggested? Just wondering how happy LA would be about them suggesting the LUNA bars.

Either way I think I'd like to give it a whirl. Did it by any chance limit the veggies to green or was it any veggie?

Pastrey
08-28-2007, 08:17 AM
I asked COD last night, because they had always told me I could only do takeoff once every two weeks. They said that is all I can do it, I can't do takeoff every week.

Counsellor read the article and said she wasn't sure why they were suggesting every week, that it would put body into starvation mode. I think that is a crock personally!! 2 days a week is not going to put body into starvation mode.

She was also surprised they ran the article again. I guess it has ran before and they were basically recycling it.

K8-EEE
08-28-2007, 11:32 AM
Well, I'm delighted to report that I had good results last week, 3 lbs!!! :carrot: and that's on the Dr.'s scale -- and after breakfast and a ton of coffee, too!

Now whether it was the 2-day thing that sparked it or just my previous 6 virtuous weeks finally paying off I have no idea; but I'm going to keep up the 2 day thing for 4 consecutive weeks and see.

I've been losing a half pound a week, so it took me SIX weeks to lose 3 lbs prior to this week!!

"Starvation mode" in two days?? That's hard to believe. We'll see how it goes, if I go into "starvation mode" :dizzy: I doubt even a total fast for 2 days would do THAT!

This lady who told you this -- forgive me for being cynical but does she get any more $$/commission if you lose the weight slower? I used to think that at Weight Watchers, easy for them to say "hang in there," the longer it takes me the more money they make!

Because on their deal, once you maintain your goal weight for X weeks, you don't pay the $13 a week anymore. That's the tip for WW peeps....PICK THE HIGHEST GOAL WEIGHT IN YOUR RANGE! The last pounds come off so slow anyhow, it'll save you a lot of money!

I asked COD last night, because they had always told me I could only do takeoff once every two weeks. They said that is all I can do it, I can't do takeoff every week.

Counsellor read the article and said she wasn't sure why they were suggesting every week, that it would put body into starvation mode. I think that is a crock personally!! 2 days a week is not going to put body into starvation mode.

She was also surprised they ran the article again. I guess it has ran before and they were basically recycling it.

Pastrey
08-28-2007, 01:36 PM
I don’t think they are. They guaranteed me to reach my goal weight – which means I have it in writing that they won’t charge me for extra weeks until I meet my goal – as long as I follow their program to a T with no cheats. I was suppose to run out of weight loss weeks mid November, but now it seems I will be in weight loss mode a lot longer than that! Guess I will find out in a few months time if they will live up to their end of the bargain!!

I have appt. with doctor on September 10th. Going to ask him if there is a chance I am having difficulty losing weight because of health issues…

videochick
08-28-2007, 02:00 PM
A copy of the article is posted on this blog:

http://lose35.blogspot.com

if you scroll down (the top banner should say 1600 calories a day) you'll see her entry and scan's of the article. I'm going to try and print it out.

Melissa

bradleys mom
08-28-2007, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the link Melissa!! I was lazy and missed the magazine in stores!

lose35
08-28-2007, 06:01 PM
You can get there more quickly this way.

http://lose35.blogspot.com/2007/08/low-carb-day.html

shshshhh
08-29-2007, 08:35 PM
Ok - going to do this tomorrow and Friday. One question, are ALL veggies allowed, or just the green ones? I notice on their sample menu that they only used green veggies and I know on the LAWL take off it is only green raw veggies. Does anyone who tried this version know?

I am going to the grocery store this evening and want to get the right stuff

Thanks

bahamadream10
08-29-2007, 08:47 PM
I did it with all green veggies!

shshshhh
08-29-2007, 09:56 PM
I did it with all green veggies!

Perfect. Thanks so much. Going to Trader Joe's to buy some frozen filet of sole and cucumbers, brussels sprouts and green peppers. I have some celery heads already.

Hoping to shake loose some weight this week too.

Roberta:carrot:

angelbretsmom
08-30-2007, 07:57 AM
can someone let me know with doing this can we use the oranges instead of the Cantaloupe? I started take off this morning and I am using the oranges always found I get a 3-4 lb loss using the oranges instead of the juice, I never lost anything when I first started with la using the juice and became very frustrated.
now I am not sure if I can get the luna bars here in canada I have never seen them, I was using the slimfast ones

Stacie

Pastrey
08-30-2007, 08:05 AM
Stacie, oranges should are fine for take off. Some people here use them.I believe I have also heard of people using grapefruit, but not 100% positive.

I can't eat citrus fruit or use the juice, so I use cantaloupe instead...

angelbretsmom
08-30-2007, 09:24 AM
okay thanks one more question my slimfast bars have 120 cals and only 2 g of protein in each bar I usually have 2 a day should I have more then 2 to make up for the differance? help me please I really need to break this plateau before hubby and I go away to Toronto in a couple of weeks..

Thanks
Stacie

NaomiZ
08-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Stacie I have found Luna bars in a few places here (grocery store and health food stores). they are 180cal and 10g protein.

bradleys mom
09-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Just did this in place of TO Wed and Thu this week. I am weighing in tomorrow, cant wait to see if it brought any results. It did help me get back on track!

brittyboo07
09-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Kimberly cant wait to hear your results. They tried to get me to do TO today when I went in but i have not had any success with it recently so I said no. However i might give it a try if some of you have good success with it. I have never done it with cantaloupe.

bradleys mom
09-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Well, after doing this I lost a total of 4 lbs this week. I think it really helped a lot!

Joni135
09-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Great results from Bradley's Mom and K8-EEE.
Stacie - the article specifically states "2 protein bars (at least 8 grams of protein and up to 180 calories each, such as a luna bar). You definitely need more protein than you are getting from your slimfast bar.

I'm not a fan, at all, of cantaloupe...so I'm going to try this with oranges this week.

bradleys mom
09-16-2007, 08:21 PM
FYI - I paid $1.50 each for the Luna's BUT if you have KROGERS grocery store near you they have them for $.99!!

NaomiZ
09-16-2007, 08:23 PM
I got 86 luna bars off of ebay for what worked out to be 50 cents each! all still good too.

Lynx
09-16-2007, 08:33 PM
I am sorry to report that I tried this two day plan and it did nothing for me. Nada.

Joni135
09-17-2007, 07:40 AM
Lynn - How long did you try this for? It's not just a 2 day plan - maybe some weight will come off after you've followed this for a couple weeks; let us know. The article actually talks about someone's losses who did this for 8 weeks. Did you use cantaloupe? luna bars?? Any idea why you don't think it worked for you?

Lynx
09-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Joni,
My comment was made in a hurry and I did not explain myself very well. I did the 2 day acceleration with cantaloupe and then followed the rest of the plan for 2 weeks. I used LA lites. I lost .6 in the two weeks and I did not think it was worth it to continue with the repeat of the 2 day acceleration. .6 is about a normal 1-2 week loss for me at this point in time in the journey.
Why do I think it did not work for me? The plan is similar to what I do all the time. I use cantaloupe alot also. I think my body did not see a shift in my eating.
Anyway, near the end of the 2 weeks, I received my fucothin so I was ready to mentally move on and try something else. I have been taking the fucothin since 8/31 and so far I have not seen my weight drop anymore than it usually does. However, I believe the fucothin is increasing my metabolism because I am less sleepy. I am more alert, but not wired which is great. I am still hoping that the 6 week adjustment period for the fucothin turns out to be correct. To be continued.

IDkewlmom
10-02-2007, 01:49 AM
Hi. I'm new here, but I wanted to add my 2 cents worth. I have been doing the acceleration (sort of) that was shown in WW, and I have lost 13 pounds in the 4 weeks I've done it. However, that doesn't really reflect what's been happening for me. I travelled for two of those weeks and lost 7 lbs in 2 weeks. When I got home, though, I got sick and so had a week + of not really doing much and gaining a few pounds back. However, last week I lost 10 lbs. :carrot: I'm not sure on inches bcz I can't find my notebook with my measurements, but I know I've dropped a lot of inches bcz I wore a skirt to church on Sunday that I haven't been able to fit into for about 4 years.

Since I'm feeling better, I'm adding in exercise this week and see how that goes.

K8-EEE
10-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Thanks ID & congrats!

OMG they have the DUMBEST WW "diet o' the week" ever on WW. It's some lady eating a hamburger on the cover and it says "lose weight eating McDonalds, Burger King and Pizza Hut!" Or something to that effect....LOL....no doubt you are supposed to eat minascule amounts of selected stuff, I dunno, didn't read it but the headline did make me chuckle!

Pity the poor diet editor at WW having to come up with 52 'NEW MIRACLE DIET BREAKTHROUGHS" every year!