LA Weight Loss - old LAWL "boost"

View Full Version : old LAWL "boost"

CandlePrincess
07-03-2007, 12:23 PM
when I was here before we did a challenge that involved replacing a meal with a shake.....does anyone remember that, still have it or know where i can find it? I'm searching threads and don't seem to find it.........

CandlePrincess
07-03-2007, 12:28 PM
never mind....i think i found it.....sorry!

Joni135
07-03-2007, 02:58 PM
Just in case someone wants to see it...I think this is it.

21 DAY BOOST

DAY 1 & 2 TAKEOFF
DAY 3 & 4 REGULAR PLAN
DAY 5-9 SUBSTITUTE 1 SLIM DOWN SHAKE FOR 1 PROTEIN AND 1 STARCH
DAY 10 & 11 REGULAR PLAN
DAY 12-17 SUBSTITUTE 1 SLIM DOWN SHAKE FOR 1 PROTEIN AND 1 STARCH
DAY 18 & 19 REGULAR PLAN
DAY 21-21 TAKEOFF

Slimdowns are expensive so i used slimfast optima instead. This is supposed to boost your weightloss and for me it worked.

Candiflip
07-04-2007, 09:19 PM
I have a question about this.. I thought TO could only be done every 14 days?

bizlawchik
07-05-2007, 10:15 AM
You're correct. This one has it at the beginning and end of the 21 day boost so it's actually about 2 1/2 weeks between TOs.

Katy66
07-05-2007, 10:53 AM
I do the shakes occassionally as a breakfast replacement when I need a boost, without doing the TO. I've not done the TO since I started the plan in February........I'm thinking about it so I can meet my Labor Day goal. Don't think I would buy their TO though, I'd use some of the substitutes that are recommended on here. ;)

TracyC
07-09-2007, 06:00 PM
I tried the Kirkland canned shakes from Costco. They have 230 calories, 44 grams of carbohydrates, 10 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber---I know the Slim Downs have more calories and protein, but I got tired of paying all of that money for them. At Costco, a case of 24 chocolate shakes costs $13.99.

aguerin
07-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Does anybody know what this 21 day boost does for you? What are your typical results when doing it? 2, 5 pounds?

bizlawchik
07-10-2007, 04:27 PM
I've only done it once, but I think I lost 9.5lbs in that time and usually I lose 1.5/week.

TracyC
07-10-2007, 06:12 PM
A question for you---I have not been to the center lately, since they closed the one closest to me, and the "nearest" one is 35-40 minutes away. The last time I went, they were switching from the shakes in the waxy cartons, to the pack of canned shakes. I loved the four packs in the cartons because they did not have that "canned" taste. What do you think of the new ones?

bizlawchik
07-10-2007, 06:57 PM
I haven't had the new ones. Actually, I only had the LA slim downs once. I use a Slim Fast Optima shake and supplement it with a rf string cheese. The calories and fat add up to the LA shakes, and the cheese adds a little more protein than the LA shakes. Been doing that for awhile now, and I like having a little something to chew w/the shake.

TracyC
07-10-2007, 09:30 PM
I was thinking that it would be a good idea to add an ounce or two of protein on the side when I have a shake. I think the Optimas are even lower calorie than the Costco shakes, if I am remembering correctly.

I have loved coming back to these boards. Some weight loss sites descend into personal attacks and politics. The kindness and good manners on this site are very much appreciated.

aguerin
07-11-2007, 09:36 AM
O.K. I am going to try this after my next WI. I am going to try to get in the COD today, but it is raining and dreary outside. Anyone want to join me and post the results? Anybody? Anybody? :yes: :yes:

FatGalnAL
07-11-2007, 10:58 AM
I'd love to give it a try since we're planning a beach trip on Labor Day to visit old friends whom I haven't seen in almost 10 years! That will give me a good 6 weeks to see what I can do and the 3 weeks on the Boost might jump start me. I'm in Alabama too and you're right - today is blah!! I hate rainy mornings. Anyway, I go in to weigh today around lunch time and will get a TO then and get started tomorrow. Count me in!

bizlawchik
07-11-2007, 02:28 PM
What the heck... it's been awhile since I've done a TO or used a slim down on a regular basis. But Saturday is my anniversary and we're going out to dinner and then a party. I'll start my TO on Sunday.

Any other takers for a 21 day boost starting Sunday? Sure will help the Labor Day Challenge!

aguerin
07-11-2007, 02:50 PM
O.K. Ladies I went to WI and my Exact weight is 154.6 by their scale. I will do this 21 day boost and see what that gets me. Any good suggestions about how to dress up that Slim Fast Optima? What are the best flavors? I'm dreading that part of it, but a nice big shake-y type dessert for lunch might be a good change. If it will satisfy me for a couple of hours until snack time. Go Boosters! ;)

We probably need to post daily that we were able to stay POP for this one too. :dancer:

bizlawchik
07-11-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm usually a vanilla person, but I like the Chocolate Royale slim fast the best.

I'm usually hungry later in the day so I was having the slim fast and string cheese and fruit for breakfast (P,S,Fr) and then cereal w/blueberries and almond breeze for lunch (S,1/2D,Fr), and then protein and veggies at dinner. I would have some veggies and fruit for an afternoon snack too. Or if I had the slim fast for lunch I would have it with a fruit and a big salad.

FatGalnAL
07-11-2007, 03:20 PM
I had my WI today and I was up .02 oz since Monday. I have no idea how or why and it's VERY frustrating. She told me to switch my proteins around to where I'm having 1/2 protein at dinner instead of breakfast. She also told me to incorporate steak and a heavier starch in since I have been completely staying away from those. I told her I was going to do the TO and she said "Okay, great! I think that is a great idea. It might help to boost you out of this rut". So I got the juice and I'll start it tomorrow. I went ahead and set a steak and some chicken breasts out when I went home at lunch so I'm having steak, 1/2 medium sweet potato and cauliflower tonight for dinner and I'm going to go ahead and cook up all my chicken breasts so I can use those for my 6 oz proteins for the next 2 days.

Today's weigh in 270.6, up from a low of 268.4 last Friday. GRRRRR :(

If this doesn't work, it's off to the Doctor to get a thyroid check....

aguerin
07-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Hang in there FatGal. It will come off in time. I use to get frustrated too, but I have learned in the short time I have been on this diet is that if I stick to the plan, it will happen. Are you doing the Hot Lemon Water? Are you getting enough Fiber? If not, are you supplementing for the fiber? That might help.

FatGalnAL
07-11-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm not doing the hot lemon water, simply because I drink upwards of 120 oz every day. I have cut everything liquid wise out except for 1 cup of coffee in the morning and then the rest of the day it's just 16.9 oz bottles of Dasani then a liter of Lime flavored Perrier at night. I'm going through a case of Dasani every time I turn around! Not to mention visiting the ladies room! LOL. For the Fiber I am eating the Nature's Own Double Fiber 40 calorie/slice bread for my breakfast and lunch starches (1 slice per starch) and then it's whole wheat pasta, brown rice or crackers at dinner. I haven't had a piece of corn in I don't know when, nor a baked potato. If I do a potato, it's a sweet potato with the Smart Balance reduced fat margarine spread stuff. I ate 10 reduced salt cashews the other day at lunch on my salad and she said not to do that any more, even though I counted them so those are out for me now too. I'm not sure what is going on honestly. I am following the plan to the tee, measuring everything religiously. I'm going up 6 lbs. and then 2 days later I'll be down those 6. 2 days later I'm up 2 lbs, etc, etc. I haven't been losing consistently since I started May 21st. I'm sticking with it though hoping that my body will eventually settle down and get into the groove. That's why I hope this boost will help. Heck, at this point, it can't hurt! :)

bizlawchik
07-11-2007, 03:54 PM
What color plan are you on? Red, Red1? Are you doing the lites?

FatGalnAL
07-11-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm on Red with the Lites. Here's my menu for Mon and Tues where I gained the .02 oz if that will help. I'm comptely stumped :(

Mon
Breakfast
3/4 cup Pineapple - F
1/4 cup 1% Cottage Cheese - 1/2 P
8 oz black coffee
34 oz water (2 16.9 oz bottles)
Snack
LA Lite Chocolate Crunch bar- L
16.9 oz water
Lunch
7 oz grilled chicken - P
1 cup iceberg lettuce - V
1 cup chopped green pepper - V
3 reduced fat triscuits - S
10 reduced salt cashews -Fat
1 TBSP Lite oil and vinegrette dressing - C
2 16.9 oz waters
Snack
8 large green grapes - F
LA Lite Chocolate Crunch bar - L
16.9 oz Dasani
Dinner
6 oz ground turkey - P
1/2 cup sauteed zuccini - V
spray of Pam for sautee pan
1/2 cup diced no salt added tomatoes - V
1/3 cup whole wheat pasta - S
Medium Pluot (cross of peach and apricot) - F
2 16.9 oz Dasani waters
Snack
Yoplait Light yogurt - D
LA Toffee Popcorn - S

Tuesday

Breakfast
Yoplait Light Yogurt - D
Double Fiber Diet Bread (1 slice) - S
1 TBSP Reduced Fat Peanut Butter - 1/2 P
5.5 oz Low sodium V8 - V
8 oz Coffee
34 Oz Water
Snack
Plum - F
LA Lite - L
17 oz water
Lunch
6 oz tuna fish (canned in water) - P
1/2 cup steamed squash - V
3 RF Triscuits - S
34 oz water
Snack
8 large green grapes - F
LA Lite bar - L
17 oz water
Dinner
5 oz Grilled Salmon - P
1 TBSP Mrs. Dash Garlic Lime Marinade for fish - C
1/2 cup steamed broccoli - V
1/2 cup steamed cauliflower - V
Slice of Double fiber diet bread - S
34 oz Water
Snack
3/4 cup pineapple - F

Now tell me how in the world can a 270 lbs. girl GAIN 2 oz from eating just that. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. I've had to wash my scale bowl and my 1/2 cup measuring cup a gazillion times because I am measuring everything. And I was up 2 lbs. Monday and again, I followed the same basic plan. Breakfast/Snack/Lunch/Snack/Dinner/Snack. And on Sunday I played singles tennis for 2 hours! Like I said, I'm baffled. This Boost thing has got to work. If not, I've got no other choice but to think it's something medical going on. :(

amylou7777
07-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Fatgal-we have similar stats (height/starting weight/current weight) this week has been really up and down. I think I've finally cleared the 270s but I know that my body is finally getting used to this diet and it's not shedding as easily. Mixing up your food is key at this point. I am on red with lites and have been trying to mix up my proteins more since all I was having was chicken. For starches I've been trying to stick to the lite bread and kashi crackers. Make sure you are getting good dairy in and taking calcium.

I drink about the same water but was alarmed by some articles I have read on here about drinking too much and making your body retain it. I've been trying to drink a little slower and stick to no more than 120oz. When i don't workout I keep it around 80.

Sounds like you have been doing great on plan-it will come off, we just have to be patient sometimes!

bizlawchik
07-11-2007, 04:34 PM
If it helps, after losing about 30lbs on the plan I stalled - while being POP - for about 3 weeks. Staying the same, up a few ounces, down a few, back to a gain, etc. Some others start off as slow losers. All I can say is be patient and it will work. I know it's hard when everyone here reports they lost a pound or more at their WI, but just keep going. If you still haven't gotten anywhere after 4 weeks, then I would definitely see your doctor. But you're doing everything right it seems.

tzulover
07-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Am I understanding what a boost is by thinking you do a drink for one of your meals? And yall use the Slim Fast Optima to do it?

I can do my WI tomorrow - gotta go to town for a mammogram.... And I can pick up the drink too.

If its okay I joined in with you????

laura

Boo'sMom
07-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Laura--I don't think there is a "boost challenge" going on right now--pretty old thread that just got bumped up. But of course you can give it a whirl--it helps a lot of people--just a good change up for some. Good luck with the mammo!

tzulover
07-11-2007, 10:32 PM
Thanks Boo's Mom - I sure didn't notice it was an old challenge!!

laura

aguerin
07-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Ladies:

We are not really doing a challenge, but we are going to "test" it and post the results. We welcome everyone to participate that wants to provide feed back. I for one would like to know how beneficial it is. I am starting today 7/12/07 and will run through 7/31/07. Please join and post your results if you like.

bizlawchik
07-13-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm starting Sunday!

tzulover
07-13-2007, 04:14 PM
After my WI yesterday, I guess I can't start this little test with yall.....I've been put on the TO and 5-day Follow Up. But this is VERY interesting to me!!!! Maybe in a week I can hope on board....

bizlawchik
07-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Actually, you can do that very easily because the boost starts w/TO. And I believe the follow up is just eating lighter choices, right? My COD actually recommends following up a TO w/a few days of slim downs to "reinforce" the losses, if you will. Same thing as lighter choices, just a slim down in place of a P and S.

Princess Heather - I'm calling you out - would you like to join me???

CandlePrincess
07-13-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm starting on Sunday! This worked for me in the past....going to bring it back!

tzulover
07-13-2007, 05:47 PM
In THAT case, Bizlawchick.......I'll join yall in this test!! :carrot:

So on Sunday, we have a Slim Fast/Slim Down for a meal instead of food -- any other changes that we make?

laura

bizlawchik
07-13-2007, 05:57 PM
DAY 1 & 2 TAKEOFF
DAY 3 & 4 REGULAR PLAN
DAY 5-9 SUBSTITUTE 1 SLIM DOWN SHAKE FOR 1 PROTEIN AND 1 STARCH
DAY 10 & 11 REGULAR PLAN
DAY 12-17 SUBSTITUTE 1 SLIM DOWN SHAKE FOR 1 PROTEIN AND 1 STARCH
DAY 18 & 19 REGULAR PLAN
DAY 20-21 TAKEOFF

So where it says "regular plan", just make those choices your COD recommended. Then you'll be "boosting" w/us and still following your COD recommendations. Heather and I aren't starting until Sunday, so we'll be doing TO then. You and aguerin will be a few days ahead of us.

(I just love having a group do something. Makes it easier to stick to when I can *itch w/someone else! :) )

tzulover
07-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Okay cassi -- you got me!! I printed out the boosting plan - so I didn't have to pester you about it again... This really does seem like a FUN way to go about losing!!! Thanks for doing this!!!!

laura

lizababe
07-13-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm starting another TO tomorrow - if that's ok I'll put myself in for the Labor Day Challenge!

tzulover
07-14-2007, 03:33 AM
Before heading to bed I just had to share about my first day. I was worried I would starve on this - and so far, that hasn't been the case!! BUT - our water bill is going up, all this flushing!!!! LOL

How do you girls do that at the bottom of your posts, keeping track of your weight loss? Those are neat!!!

just me,
laura

Mama Nicole
07-14-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm in, and I am starting Sunday with Cassi :) I am going to make a ticker right now. We can do this, ladies :)
XOXO

tzulover
07-14-2007, 01:35 PM
Okay -- how you do that ticker and then make it stay with all your posts?????? I am thinking since I am a part of this "test", I should have a ticker too!!!!! :D

laura

bizlawchik
07-15-2007, 10:29 AM
Laura - Go to tickerfactory.com and make one, or go to "quick links" at the top of the page and click on "signature weight tracker".

Day 1 for me. Ready and rarin' to go...

Debbie367
07-15-2007, 12:11 PM
As an fyi...My COD told me to do a limited menu on the TO days since TO doesn't really work for me. Might be another option for those of you, who are like me, and gain after TO.

Once I started this program I started losing 2lbs per week. I need to get back on as well, I've veered off course and need to get back on quickly!!!

tzulover
07-15-2007, 03:05 PM
for the ticket -- do i need to go to that site everyday then, so get the ticker? Or every time I come to the site - sometimes 3-4 times a day?

OK --- started my TO on Friday, so moving on to the regular plan/follow up today.

Debbie -- GOOD decision -- come hop on board!!! Hope I'm not one who gains on TO's...sure don't need THAT!!!

laura - LOL, had to check and see if I did the ticket thing right....cool!!! thank you for helping me get one bizlachick!!! :hug:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar039/slider-but7/lb/0/50/0/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

MTdebster921
07-15-2007, 11:23 PM
Hey chickies!!

I was thinking today of doing the 21 day boost and popped on here and saw all the posts to Heathers thread, so I am going to join you!

I am not going to do the TO because I did that a week ago, so today I started in with day 3.

For those that asked if it worked, the last time I did this, I lost 10 lbs. in the 3 weeks. That was way back when I was losing pretty regularly, so we will see what this will do for me this time. I am also going to get started in a regular exercise program too (hopefully!)

Mama Nicole
07-15-2007, 11:41 PM
Hey Deb.....so good to see you :) I have never successfully made it through the 21 day boost, but this time I am going to make it :) Is this where we are posting our menus? If so, I did FF as I dont do bars....and here it is:
scrambled eggs
canteloupe
meatballs (kinda bad, but not too bad)
large green salad
canteloupe
egg salad w/ mayo
canteloupe
Yep, that's it......that's all I had today :) Whoohoo me.....I stayed OP....not POP, but OP!!!

lizababe
07-16-2007, 12:24 AM
Ok I'm excited now! I started TO today and I'm going to go get a new ticker. You gals have me all pumped up for this!

tzulover
07-16-2007, 03:44 AM
10 pounds????? Oh my gosh.....can NOT imagine!!!!! If that happens to me, I'm gonna pass out right at the counselors feet!!!!!! :D

Today was my first day of the "regular plan" - which I did the follow-up instead..... When yall have "regular Plan" I do that; and then when we do the drink -- I'll be there with you's.

So I've lived thru the TO, and now the first day of F/U -- YAYYYY me!!!! "Later" (since its so late now) I go in for my WI. Wonder if any of this will be showing.......

:hug:s,
laura

aguerin
07-16-2007, 09:25 AM
Here is my Menu for Fri/Sat/Sun. I have stayed POP for 4 days. :smug:

Fri (day 2, TO)
4 oz Turkey Sausage
4.5 oz Ground Turkey
2 oz Chicken
3 Slices Turkey
4.5 oz Shrimp
4 oz fish

Sat (day 3, Reg)
B - 6 oz yogurt, 3/4 C Fiber One, (1 D, 1S)
S - Strawberries (1 F)
L - Turkey Sand, LA Lite (1P, 1V, 1S, 1Fat, 1 Lite)
S - Strawberries, LA Lite - (1 Fruit, 1 Lite)
D - 4 oz steak, 2 C Salad (1 P, 2 V)
S - Strawberries (1 Fruit)

Sun (day 4, Reg)
B - 6 oz yogurt, 3/4 C Fiber One, (1 D, 1S)
S - Lg apple (2 F)
L - Tuna Sand, LA Lite (1P, 1V, 1S, 1Fat, 1 Lite)
D - Stuffed Cabbage, LA Lite (1 P, 2 V, 1 Lite)
S - Applesauce (1 Fruit)

Day 5 on 21 Day Boost

aguerin
07-16-2007, 12:27 PM
I am just back from WI and I am down to 151.2 which is a 3.4 lb drop in 4 days. YEA! Also I have a post regarding the New Plan I am going to post in the other thread. I have to go and change my ticker now. :o)

Day 5 on 21 Day Boost

lizababe
07-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Well it seems TO is really agreeing with me this time around. I started it yesterday and I'm down 3 lbs. Woo hoo! That's according to my home scale. I'll see what the COD scale says in a little bit. Looks like I'll be going for WI today after all. I was going to push it to tomorrow to have the full result of the TO.

tzulover
07-16-2007, 05:53 PM
YAYYYYYYYY aguerin and Liz!!! WTG!!! :carrot: :carrot:

Just got back from my WI (and the dentist) and I am down 3.8 after 2-day TO and on second day of Follow Up - YAYYYYY!!!! Maybe the plateau has left???

How do i change the weight on the ticker? I tried and ended up with TWO tickers!!!! ugh....

laura

lizababe
07-16-2007, 06:05 PM
WTG Laura!!!!!! Isn't this group great? I've never had support and people to keep me on my toes before!

The ticker... go to tickerfactory.com and make one here. To put it in your signature, instead of pasting the whole code go to the "add picture" feature in the signature and then add the URL of the ticker. It's easier to update them there without having to recreate the whole thing.

Great job!!!! Oh, and I changed my mind, I'm going to WI tomorrow instead. I want the full effects of the TO to show and I'm still on it today.

tzulover
07-16-2007, 10:16 PM
Well, I am NOT sure I did the ticker thing right.....will it remember when I come back?

Thank You Liz -- and I don't blame you for wanting to see your hard work at the center!!!! :D

Had a hard time with supper/dinner (depending on where you live...). Had a grilled chicken "taco" salad, and didn't get to eat the shell.......:(

laura

aguerin
07-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Laura:

To change your ticker numbers go to "quick links" at the bar at the top of this page, select edit signature, then find the number sequence such as /0/8/67 and change the number you want changed like the 8 to a 10 to show you have lost 10 pounds, or the 67 to 70 if you want to up your goal to 70, etc. That will save you from having to re-create your ticker every time.

Day 6 of 21 Day Boost (POP)

aguerin
07-17-2007, 09:42 AM
WTG Laura, that is always a rewarding feeling to see the scale agree with your hard work.

Here is my Menu for Day 5 of the 21 Day Boost

Mon 7/16

B - 3/4 C Fiber one, 6 oz yogurt, LA Lite (1 Lite, 1 S, 1D)
S - Apple - (1Fr)
L - 3.5 oz Fish, 1 C Mixed Veggies, LA Lite (1 P, 1 V, 1 Lite)
D - Slim Fast Optima, 2 C Mixed Veggies (1 P, 1 S, 2 V)
E - 8 oz unsweetened applesauce (2 Fr)

Day 6 on 21 Day Boost

shshshhh
07-17-2007, 01:30 PM
I'm starting another TO tomorrow - if that's ok I'll put myself in for the Labor Day Challenge!
OK I am going to join in all those who are doing the boost plan. Even though I am starting a week after you'all, if that is OK.

Curious, instead of spending the money for their TO, is anyone substituting a home-made version? If so, could someone post the recipe please?

Thanks

shshshhh
07-17-2007, 01:38 PM
When you do the TO on the 21 day boost, do you do the regular TO like the first 2 days?

Sorry for all the questions but I want to get this right.
Thanks
Roberta

bizlawchik
07-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Roberta - The "recipe" is in the newbie thread for the juice. You can also use canteloupe or oranges. Grapefruit has also been used here w/success.

I did the homemade version and lost 6 lbs. this last time.

And the TO is the Take Off, which is the limited version with Lites. Unless you are told to do Fast Forward, which is the unlimited protein and green veggies you did when you started LAWL. Usually you will do FF if you don't do lites or have long work days (I do FF because I go to school for 4 hrs and then work for 8) or any other health issues. Your COD would let you know. Otherwise you do TO. Hope that answers everything. Welcome!

shshshhh
07-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Perfect! :)

Thanks so much. I can't do the Lites cause I can't eat soy, so I will ask today when I go in for my WI. I lost 12.3 pounds the first week (last week) and can't start the 21 day boost until another week has past since it will only be 1 1/2 weeks since I did the TO to start.

I love this board.

Roberta

bizlawchik
07-17-2007, 02:11 PM
Roberta - then you'll definitely do the FF. Make sure you have the paper from the COD that spells out everything. I loved doing the FF this time and being able to cook w/butter and have lite salad dressing. It was such a treat! I made a compound butter w/lite butter, worcestershire, scallions, parsley and garlic and topped my steak and chicken breasts w/it, and then topped steamed broccoli and stir-fried cabbage and scallions w/a little bit. It was so good. And felt so much like I was cheating.

tzulover
07-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Today is day 5 of the challenge for me -- I have had:

Breakfast: 1 Slim Fast Optima
1 apple

Mid-morning snack: 1 LA Lite

And when I hit the 30-pound loss, I made an appt that is TODAY - a facial and my hair done. So I go do that soon.......:carrot:

laura

tzulover
07-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Thank you for the tips on the tickers -- guess I'll see tomorrow if I did them right!!!!

Hope EVERYONE is having a GREAT day today. I did a 20-min. beginners workout on my Gazelle and am actually feeling pretty good right now!!!

laura

bizlawchik
07-17-2007, 04:10 PM
Laura - I LOVE my Gazelle! Can't wait for the steroid shots to be over so I can get back on the darn thing.

As for me... Day 3 of Boost. Here's the menu (Blue w/Lites):

B - 2 slices double fiber wheat bread (S)
1 T rf p-nut butter (1/2P)
1/2c grapes (Fr)

S - Sauce tasting at school (Fa)

L - 12 rice crackers (S)
17 slices turkey pepperoni (P) (Not totally sure it's OP, but I wrote it down to show COD when I go in. I may e-mail dietician too. But it's only 80 calories.)
2 slices rf cheese (D)
3/4c blueberries (Fr)
6 baby carrots (V)
3 ribs celers (V)

S - Lite
15 cherries (Fr)

D - Lean Cuisine (P,S)
3c lettuce w/Salad Spritzer (V,C)

S - Lite

lizababe
07-17-2007, 09:31 PM
Laura - Great job on the gazelle! How do you like that?

Well, I'm down 1.5 according to COD scale! Woo hoo! I picked up some slim down shakes and am all prepared!

tzulover
07-18-2007, 03:13 AM
Biz --- double fiber wheat bread? hmmmmm, can't say I've noticed that before. And you're on steroids? That must make losing weight a HUGE challenge.

Liz --- How do I like the Gazelle -- wellllllllll, its much easier on my knee than a treadmill. MUCH easier than trying to learn do to weight lifting....so since one SHOULD exercise, then its pretty great. :D And YEEAHHHHH for your weight loss!!!!!

With the facial and getting my hair done, then hubby getting a new job offer in his email --- too busy talking with him to eat all my food. But just no way I'm gonna cram it all in just before bed.

Doing this has gotten our son to try to lose weight though -- so what a neat, unexpected benefit of joining this "challenge"!!!!!!!!

laura

aguerin
07-18-2007, 01:09 PM
I went to WI today and to get my new plan. (No Loss since Monday). My COD said I was NOT suppose to be using the Slim Fast Optima for Slim Down because it wasn't the same as theirs and I would definately see a gain. I will know by the end of this week after 5 days of using it if that is a fact or not.

Here is my menu for day 6

Tue
B - Biscotti, Nectarine (1S, 2Fr)
S - LA Lite
L- 4 oz Grilled Chicken, 1 C Veggies (1P, 1V0
S - LA Lite, 6 oz Yogurt (1 D)
D - String cheese, Slim Fast Optima, 1 C Veggies, 1 C Snap Peas (1P, 1S, 2 V)
S - Nectarine (1Fr)

Day 7 of 21 Day Boost

bizlawchik
07-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Amy - They're right that it's not the same, but since theirs is 60-80 calories more, how the #@$% (#@$%) would you gain???

Laura - I e-mailed the dietician and the Nature's Own Double Fiber wheat bread counts as 2 slices for one starch. Yummy! As for the steroids, I'm having the third epidural steroid shot on my back on Monday. So that makes the scale go wacky for about a week afterward. But they do them in courses of three with each shot being 2 weeks apart. But hopefully this will be it.

Today the scale is down another .2

Menu for today (remember that I'm in school and working all day, so there is no gourmet stuff here because it's all thrown in a lunchbox) :)

B - Cheese sandwich (2 slices double wheat bread, 2 slices rf cheese, 1T rf mayo) (S,1/2P,1/2D,Fa)
1/2c grapes

L - 3/4c blueberries
3 ribs celery w/1 wedge rf Laughing Cow Cheese (V,1/2D)
Peanut Butter Sandwich (2 slices DFWW bread, 2T rf p-nut butter) (P,S)

S - Lite
15 cherries (Fr)

D - Lean Cuisine (P,S)
3c lettuce w/Salad Spritzer (V,C)
6 baby carrots (V)

S - Lite

tzulover
07-18-2007, 04:26 PM
Hi all,

Well, I'm not a happy camper. Had WI and was up 6 ounces. Course, my counseler tried pooh-poohing it. But this is looking a LOT like what I've been doing -- relosing the same 5 pounds, for the third week.... She says no - I lost almost 4 pounds on TO which few do, and almost everyone gains a bit with going back to the plan, usually a pound she claims. I just look at her...yep, right. And she nearly cried. I should NOT beat up on myself - 6 ounces is about the weight of a pen....

She took a good look at my diary -- and she even read aloud I had Slim Fast Optima. She didn't say that was bad or is why the gain.

Hope everyone else is doing MUCH better than I am!!!!!

laura

aguerin
07-19-2007, 09:12 AM
Another POP day on day 7 for me, but the scale is going the wrong way. I am up 1/2 pound from Monday. Could be that fiber thing. Here is my menu.'

Wed - New Feel Full Plan
Day 7, 7/18
B - Nectarine, LA Lite (1 Fr)
L - Turkey Sand w/ Let, Tom, Mayo, 1 C Spinich (1S, 1P, 1V, 1Fat)
S - LA Lite, 6 oz Yogurt (1D)
D - Slim Fast Optima (1P, 1S)
S - 1C Okra, 1/2 C Applesauce (1V, 1Fr)

Day 8 of 21 Day Boost

tzulover
07-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Amy -- I say lets gather together the scales and DO something to them!!!!!! And then lets get our water and a portion of fruit and gloat over it!!!!! :carrot:

laura

aguerin
07-20-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm In Laura. I just bought new WW scales last week to get that .2 weight that the COD has, but if they refuse to cooperate, they are going in the RIVER!!.

The gain is making me want to drop this boost, but my gut tells me to stick it out cause I am fighting the TOM, and plan change, so could not be totally the scales fault. I just dont want to hear my COD tell me Monday if I am up 2 pounds, I told you not to use that Slim Fast Optima. I hate I told you so's.

here is my Menu for Day 8 of 21 Day boost

Thur- New Feel Full Plan, Day 8, 7/18
B - Apple, LA Lite (1 Fr)
L - Turkey Sand w/ Let, Tom, Mayo, 1.5 C Spinich (1S, 1P, 1V, 1Fat)
S - LA Lite, 8 oz Yogurt (1D)
D - Slim Fast Optima, 1 C Strawberries, 1 String Cheese (1P, 1S, 1Fr)
S - 1 C Cucumber, (1V)
Jello, Jello, Jello, Jello :) Jello is a life saver for me (unlimited on FFM)

lizababe
07-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Hang in there Laura and Amy! The first TO I did, really didn't do anything for me but the week after that I lost 3 lbs. This TO dropped 3 lbs on my scale so who knows? Sometimes they agree with us and sometimes they don't. This is my first time doing the shakes and the Boost and since it hasn't been a week yet I can't be sure of how great the results are. If my home scale is correct and matches the COD scale, I may have some celebrating to do today!

tzulover
07-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Today's WI went nicer.....I am down 1.8 pounds!! I almost didn't go, I was just sooooo sure I'd gone up more. I actually chose to go to show the counselor I had Wens. that she was wrong......so I had to wait for her to get done with her client so I could let her tell me "I told you so"....lol

So I'm in Day 7 of the 21-Day Boost. My total loss is 4.8 pounds. This is the second highest I've lost in a week, so I'm a happy camper :carrot:

Hope everyone is having a FRIDAY FUN DAY!!!!!!!

laura

aguerin
07-23-2007, 09:13 AM
O.K. Where has everyone gone on this "test". I have to admit I am not seeing the results that I want to see (The scale hasn't moved since the first 3 days). I am still UP about a pound and I am hungry. I was not POP on Saturday (Day 10) but that was the only day. Do I need to start over?

I am up to day 12 and will be back on the Slim Fast Optima's again today. :o(

Lets see some updates ladies.

tzulover
07-23-2007, 05:50 PM
Hi everyone!!!

I was in Iowa over the weekend - getting tested beyond tested there. Mom and I went to an all day scrapbooking crop. Talk about a terrible place to be when trying to lose weight!!!! Allllll kinds of junk food and chocolate, and pizza for supper. Then Sunday mom, myself, and my m-i-l met at moms to do Bunka, a Japanese embroidery --- and of course eating healthy isn't on their minds!!!!! Should be but......

So today was WI, and I expected that I had gained because of not being able to stay POP. BUT -- I am down 2 ounces....

How's everyone doing??

laura

aguerin
07-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Ladies:

I have been POP for the past 3 days of this plan. I am going for a WI later this morning and will post the results when I get back. I don't think I am going to see the 10 pound loss like some others have seen in the past, but it could end up being close. I still have 7 days to go and the TO is at the end of those 7.

I would like to see some posts from some others that are doing this boost.

tzulover
07-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Hi Amy!! Hi everyone else!!!

Had my WI for today, a bit later than usual. Typcially I've only had breakfast, but today I went after lunch. I am down .06 ounces; Monday was down .02 -- but since last Wens I'm down a bit over 2 pounds. Nothing fantastic, except -- I've been on a plateau for almost 3 weeks, so I'm a happy camper with ANY downward movement!!!!

Laura

bizlawchik
07-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Just an update... since I have started I have had two epidural steroid shots. Even though I've been somewhat on plan, my weight has been everywhere. I am re-starting my boost w/FF either sunday or monday. This way I can get an accurate view of what's going on.

tzulover
07-26-2007, 12:07 AM
Cassi, OUCH, shots!!!!!!! I'm sorry to hear you had to have them. My dad is on prednezone (not spelled right I'm sure), and he has swollen up quite a bit. Those steroids can sure do stuff to a person!!!!

Hope those shots are helping you feel LOTS better!!!!

laura

aguerin
07-26-2007, 09:58 AM
Sorry to hear about your shots Cassie. Any Shot is a bad shot. I went off plan for 1 day so far out of 14.

My COD is still eyeing the SlimFast. She even asked me yesterday why I didn't use their Slimdown shakes. I told her point blank that there ARE alternatives to LAWL products that work that cost less. I then asked her how much their SlimDowns were and she said $19.00 for 4 (I think it was 4) and I told her that was my point, I can get 6 Slimfast for $6.00 so she dropped it.

I also asked her about having specials on their renewal weeks and she said she didn't think so. She thought $12.00 was a bargain for them. I told her I knew that other centers ran specials so she said she would ask about it. I think it is the only center around here and they don't have any competition.

emmysmom
07-26-2007, 10:07 AM
Amy - check on the laweightloss.com website and punch in your zip code. A coupon will come up with any current specials...maybe something she wasn't aware of??? That would be nice. :)

aguerin
07-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Thanks Tina. I checked it and it is running some type of special, but that is for new members. I am trying to stay away from buyng the full package up front. And so far they haven't offered any specials to get me to buy into the stabalization or maintenance phase.

shshshhh
07-26-2007, 04:58 PM
Amy
I joined LAWL about three weeks ago and did not opt to pay the $600 for the complete package, just is not possible for me right now. Stuck with the "lose all the weight you want for $249" express. I only weigh in once a week and once my weight loss phase is complete I don't have the stabilization and maintenance to look forward to, something I REALLY need.

I am watching for specials too, to add those two phases to my program. I have about 100 pounds to lose so I figure I have a year for them to have a special on that, and crossing my fingers that it will happen. So far, I have lost 16 pounds and am thrilled with the program and love my counsellor (I try to see the same person when I go).

Good luck with the specials, they are bound to have one sooner or later.

BarbaraB
07-26-2007, 05:47 PM
shshshh, I don't know where I've seen them pushing a special like that in the last year, but I bought the full deal, so they never would have tried to sell it to me. They do seem to have specials all the time on products. It seems to me that there was a holidays period in Dec/Jan where all sorts of specials were offered and now a summer one. Which center do you go to, as I see you are in Portland as I am too. I go to the one by Washington Square.

shshshhh
07-27-2007, 02:06 AM
Barbara

I go to the one in tanasbourne and the special was on a comcast healthy living channel (forget which one). The $249 Lose all the weight you want ran in the paper too. I am about 20 miles west of the one in Tanasbourne so the Washington Square one would be about 45 minutes (without traffic) for me.

Roberta

aguerin
07-27-2007, 11:36 AM
O.K. Back to the Boost Topic. I am on Day 16 of the 21 Day boost and am down to 148. My start weight was 154.6 so that is a loss of 6.75 pounds. I may make that 10 pound mark yet. I have been POP with the exception of the MExican Restaurant incident last Saturday. Come on Ladies we can do this. :carrot: :yes: :yes:

Day 16 of 21
Down from 154.6 to 148

shshshhh
07-27-2007, 11:32 PM
Amy

That is awesome. Keep going, I know you can do this. You and everyone here are so inspiring to me, and I am just starting. Couldn't do the boost cause it hadn't been two weeks since I did the initial TO, but I am with you'all in spirit

aguerin
07-31-2007, 09:20 AM
O.K. I finally made it to the last two days of TO for this boost. I am still up 2 pounds from the Mexican Restaurant (for the 2nd time) Saturday Night. Note to self, no more Mexican until you reach goal.

Anyway, I think I blew it :( making the 10 lb goal for this boost. Now If I can just make it to 8?????

This TO will be with the Knudsens Morning Blend, 6 oz protein, Unlimited Green Veggies, 2 LA Lites, all as outlined in the new FF Plan (Take Off 2)

dmrviper
07-31-2007, 11:41 AM
I have been on Gold w lites for 3 weeks as of today. I've only lost 4 pounds. I keep seeing all these amazing losses of 2 pounds or more per week. My first week doing FF I lost 2 pounds, but then the second week following plan I only lost 1, then I did TO with only the 6oz protein, 2 bars, and 2 veggies, and still only 1 pound this week. I had bigger loss doing the standard FF with no bars rather than the TO with limited protein .

It's hard to stay motivated and positive when I'm only loosing 1 pound, and I see so many others having successful losses of 2+ pounds per week. Of course, the scale going down any amount is better than going up! I do realize that.

So, I think I may do this 21 day boost! As for the TO with unlimited greens, can i still use FF salad dressing? I cannot eat greens plain!

Thanks for any advice to help me "BOOST" this weightloss!

chiquita623
07-31-2007, 12:36 PM
Good Morning All. I'd like to join the boost challenge but I go on Thursday to get my new plan Is it still possible to do boost on the new plan? If so, I'll start on Sunday. Something about starting at the beginning of the week appeals to me. The COD told me when I was there yesterday that I'm 3 weeks behind schedule so maybe if I boost I'll get back on track!! Or maybe it's just wishful thinking. But any loss is a good loss so what the hay. I'm in.

aguerin
07-31-2007, 02:08 PM
Welcome Delisa and Laurie.

Stay focused on why you joined LAWL. Everybody is different and results vary, but you WILL lose the weight if you stick with the plan.

The TO Plan in the new book lists condiment choices (3 per day) unless otherwise listed (I guess that explains the unlimited) as
ICBINB Spray - unlimited
Salad Dressing, FF or LF - 1 TBSP
Salad Dressing, FF, Italian - 2 TBS
Vinegar - unlimited

chiquita623
07-31-2007, 02:33 PM
Thanks Amy!!

aguerin
08-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Here are my results (and not to good I might add). I followed the plan to a T, substituting the Slim Fast Optima + string cheese for the LA Slim Down drinks and counted them as a protein and starch each. I was POP all days except days 10 and 17. My scale this a.m. showed 149 (up from yesterday) for a total loss of 5.6 lbs.

Now, yes I know I didn't stick to the program as outlined because of the 2 off days. I may try this 21 day boost again, but I'm not sure its that great of a reduction plan (for me anyway). And that is my 2 cents.

If others have success on it by Totally Sticking to it, I would love to see your posts.

bahamadream10
08-02-2007, 10:56 PM
Amy- I agree I am on day 12 and I have only loss 4.2 lbs I don't know if this is the quick easy boost that I thought it was going to be. We'll see it until the end though.
Nanette

aguerin
08-04-2007, 08:56 AM
Update. It is 2 days since my last TO day on the 21 day boost and I am down another 2 pounds of which I will attribute to the boost. That will be a total of 7.6 pounds lost. Which is not to bad, but probably could have been more had I been totally POP on the plan for 21 days.

I will track the next 21 days just to see those results and post them also (making sure to do a TO at the end of them).