LA Weight Loss - New Feel Full Menu Plan

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : New Feel Full Menu Plan

Winkety
07-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Hi Everyone!

Okay so after being off plan for a few days, I went to my COD for my WI and was shocked to learn things have changed at LAWL.

So, my counselor tells me that they are no longer using the color program and there is this new thing called "Feel Full". I was on the RED plan and now i have no real plan color just my diary and food book.

On RED I was having 2 1/2 P, 4V, 3FR, 3S, 2D, 1FAT, 2LA Lites.

On this new plan, which has no color, I get

3 1/2P, 4V, 4FR, 5S, 3D, 2 FATs, 2 LA Lites

Portion sizes are changed to just 4oz cooked for most everything except red meat which is 3oz cooked. Also the food categories are broken into two sections, food you can consume everyday and food to "Consume Infrequently".

I am having a lot of trouble fitting in all of this food everyday. I have seen a pound loss in two days on the PLAN, but I feel like I am doing nothing but constantly eating.

Is there anyone else who has been moved to this plan? If so, can you give me some advice on how to eat all this food!!

myboysnme2
07-02-2007, 04:09 PM
I've started it too. Wish I could help, I don't think I have had 1 day where I got everything in yet!

bizlawchik
07-02-2007, 04:51 PM
From someone who isn't getting a new plan, let me just say I'm a little jealous over here...

emmysmom
07-02-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm with you, Cassie...especially the extra starch and fat...yummmm

mamato2girls
07-02-2007, 05:10 PM
FIVE STARCHES!?! Oh wow. And I'm excited about adding a THIRD starch in stabilization this week.

JerseyMadchen
07-02-2007, 05:13 PM
I am doing this on my own... anyone know what the blue plan changes to? I am considering going back to the center as I am plateauing... maybe a new menu/plan would help?

emmysmom
07-02-2007, 05:21 PM
I don't know, Amy...but I've been considering going back to a center myself. Only because I want the stabilization and maintenance part of the program. I think I want to lose about ten more pounds before I go back, though.

Katy66
07-02-2007, 05:27 PM
I wonder if this is the new plan my center keeps talking about but hasn't spilled the beans yet as to what it is. Guess I'll see on my trip in Friday. Five starches sounds great but what is the portion size...1/2 piece of lite bread? HA!

bizlawchik
07-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Just throwing this out there... my COD is having their open house (actually was last week and part of this week). Weeks are $3. Maybe check your areas to see when they are having theirs. And stabilzation and maintenance was like one price of $79 or something like that.

brittyboo07
07-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Wow!!! I do not know if I could get all of that food in. Does anyone question this??? I mean we are told over and over again to not to go over on our starches ect and here they are saying oh go ahead add two more? I realize that some of the portion sizes have changed but I dont know about this new plan. I already feel like I eat a lot (I am on red w/lites) and I can not imagine increasing my food that much. It would be nice i guess lol but wow :dizzy:

Joni135
07-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Winkety - thanks for sharing this new plan. Sounds like everyone is on the same plan and there are no colors? Is that right? Do the exchanges every change...? Like if someone comes in weighing 290 lbs, do they get the same exchanges as the guy coming in that weighs 190?

I don't think I'd know what to do with myself if I had FIVE starches and FOUR fruits......I may just have to go check out my former COD to check this out? Do you go to the one over by 575 and Hwy 92?

chickflickcherry
07-02-2007, 10:08 PM
I want five starches! Count me in!

equinetcan
07-02-2007, 10:10 PM
I am going to ask my COD about this tomorrow but considering our centers up here are relatively new in the maritimes I doubt if they know anything. Mine had no idea about using oranges or grapefruit for FF so there you go. I had to explain in detail what I was doing and they still didn't get it.

But with these new exchanges I am not sure how I would do. I am on red1 no lites and I can't get the food in everydday. They won't move me down and I struggle every day with it. but if the portion sizes are smaller it might actually be less???

CandlePrincess
07-02-2007, 11:00 PM
I wonder if this is LAWL wide or just certain centers....I'm going to WI tomorrow and I'll see if they mention anything. I have a hard enough time getting all my foods in NOW, i'm on RED 1 no lites.....I can't imagine adding more food........but if it works...SIGN ME UP!

videochick
07-02-2007, 11:42 PM
I think they would still decrease the number of servings for certain food groups as you get closer to goal, just like they do now.

From what I saw of the Gold II that's been discussed, I would definitely have no problem with the changes. I've always thought that the plan lacked in the dairy dept. LA is probably just trying to move forward with the times and latest nutritional trends. For example, lately I've been reading to limit fruits to two a day because of the sugar. To me this would balance out the amount of sugar in the lites. And the extra starch allows us to get more fiber, fiber being another buzz word lately. Same with good fats and calcium consumption. With the protein portions being smaller, but with the number of servings increasing I think it probably averages out to approximately the total protein allotment on the "old" plan. For example, if I was eating 6oz chicken (5 oz cooked) for both lunch & dinner that's 10 oz cooked for 2P servings. Now, I would be eating 4oz and 4oz (cooked weight) for 8 oz and maybe one egg as a 1/2 protein at breakfast and that would also be about 10z protein for 2 1/2P servings. Plus it's easier to spread servings out over the course of the day, instead of the old "no splitting your proteins".

My center has been mum on this topic, also. It will be interesting to read everyone's experience with the new plan.

Melissa

Manznita3
07-03-2007, 03:14 AM
Yep, this is the one I got,and hate it! LOL 2P 2S 2 FR 2V 1 FA 1D 2 Lites

I'm hungry alllll day. I am getting off the Express plan she recommended tomorrow!

Katy66
07-03-2007, 07:56 AM
Has anyone currently on purple plan gone in and received their new plan?

brittyboo07
07-03-2007, 09:50 AM
I asked yesterday if there was anything new coming out this summer and was told no there wasnt but at the same time I hear another counselor tell a client that they cant wait to see the new program and I am thinking ummmm ok are we getting it or not grrrrrr.

6digmans
07-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Hmmm I have to be honest I think if they switch to all this food , it will scare me to be honest!:fr: why so much starch ??:?: don't get me wrong I love :love:starch but to add more of what helped with weight gain scares me.

Wonder why such a change is taking place , what happened if its not broke don't fix it ?? I am not saying it isn't better at all , I just am used to this working now if it changes I am worried I won't lose still. Guess I just am a worry wart!

Hope you all keep losing on the new plan in a big way!:yay:

videochick
07-03-2007, 11:12 AM
I believe the increase in starch servings has to do with the "Feel Full" theme of the new plan. If they promote eating high fiber starches, you'll feel full longer. Also, combining a high fiber carb with a protein source also helps you feel full longer. Or at least that is the current nutrition trend. I think we'll have to see what people on the other color plans get.

Melissa

CandlePrincess
07-03-2007, 12:14 PM
I asked my center today about this and she told me that the only new thing she knows about is a new universal diary. So you write in your plan and it's not already pre printed for you......nothing about the "feel Full" stuff...so we'll see!

I'm guessing that with the increase in food and the decrease in portion sizes it may come out to be about what you are now....but if you are filling in more circles or whatever your brain thinks you are getting more food????? not too sure on that....it's just a therory!

aguerin
07-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Ladies:

I asked my center today (Huntsville, AL) if they were coming out with anything new and she told me they were having a meeting on Thursday of this week to discuss new items and should have some infomration by next week. I will let you know if it is the new Feel Full Menu Plan. I'm in if it works.

Katy66
07-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Is it just me or does this all seem a little disorganized and why the "hush, hush" about it. My center has been leaking little bits for about 2 weeks but just to say there is a new plan.

Steph I have to agree, it worries me too. I was losing okay on red but when they moved me to purple with just 2 starches I had some 3 and 4 lb losses:) To add back more seems risky to me. I'm hoping my center has some details when I visit on Friday.

6digmans
07-03-2007, 04:59 PM
I know that if this thing changes and I do not lose weight or seem to start gaining I am not going to be doing this "FUll meal plan".

Maybe I am just old fashioned at the age of 36 and if its not broke and works GREAT , why oh why would you try to fix it???

I will TRY to be open minded but it still makes me wonder.

Katy66
07-03-2007, 05:19 PM
I even asked at my last visit what would happen if I didn't like the new plan and the response was "just talk to us about it". I'll try it and if it doesn't work just go back to the good ole, purple plan.

Winkety
07-03-2007, 06:06 PM
:D
I am so surprised to hear that not all the COD's are changing to this new plan. The way my counselor put it, every client is changing over unless they are like 5lbs from goal.

I was real surprised when I actually saw a number 5 next to starches, but it is actually working out pretty well so far.

So, I am only on day 3 of this new plan, but have lost a pound so far. I do not know how it is possible, but I am definitely never hungry. I have been POP for 2 days out of the 3, somehow managing to eat all this food in one day.

All the starches are high fiber. Anything made with white flour is put under the "consume infrequently" category. So, I know you are wondering, what are the starch portions like, they are huge in comparison to what I was used to.

Okay so here is what is considered one starch:

1 light multigrain english muffin
2 slices of light ww bread
3 cps of 94% FF popcorn
1 whole grain 6in Tortilla
1 Roll, plain whole grain small
1/2 cp of any Kashi Cereal
1/4cp LF granola
1/4 cpBaked beans

These are just the ones which blew my mind. There are even more under the "consume infrequently" category.

I find myself eating all the time, but I get hungry more for each mini meal. I had an ulcer which prompted me to start changing the way and the amount of what I was eating. These mini meals are working great for me. all this food is a pain in the neck to plan out. I have gone from 20min to almost an hour, trying to plan out everything and make sure I got it all in.

Thanks for all your info and I really hope that this plan works, if not back to good old RED!

Lynx
07-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Today I asked at my center which is a franchise location and the Assistant Manager said she knew nothing about any changes to the plan. She seemed genuine about her answer and all she said was maybe it was a "test" situation. So my question is - those of you who have received the new plan are you going to corporate centers or are some of you at franchise centers? My suspicion is that franchise centers have to buy into (pay more for) any new plan and maybe that is why some are not changing.

tammie07
07-03-2007, 06:48 PM
How do you know if it is a franchise or corporate center?

tammie

Lynx
07-03-2007, 07:26 PM
The only way that I know of to find out is to ask your COD. If anyone else knows of another way to figure it out, please let us know.

6digmans
07-03-2007, 08:40 PM
I went today to COD and saw the "counslor" who I am not found of today.

I asked her about the new plan and she said it will take place soon she thought it she would have info. on it by next Monday. they were having conference call meeting thursday night after work.

I told her what I had heard, ;)she wanted to know what site i saw it on and I was not telling her:devil: then I can not complain about her or my COD. I said I could not remember were I saw it that I was just looking around for info and stumbled upon it.

she said , oh ok.

i said looks like more starch and protein sizes are smaller but i said then again not sure if it is all fact ( could not remember what I read on here).

I said , Seems kinda ODD to change things to me, If its not broke why fix it??? thats my theory anyhow. She said, I don't know what to tell you I have no info so I can not say one way or the other.

I told her I will be curious to see what it is exactly and if i still lose weight or if I start to gain some back and left it at that.

I can not stand her she is just one of those people who for no real reason BUGS me beyond belief. i guess i can see her fake way of selling me to well.

Repo girl
07-03-2007, 09:43 PM
I am supposed to get my plan this week. As I understand it, this is for corporate centers. They are going from 8 colored plans, to 5 numbered plans to simplify things.

6digmans
07-03-2007, 10:32 PM
HMMM interesting. Not sure what the difference is between #s and colors but what ever.

I can not wait to see what this brings .

When I was leaving I think she knew .3 ozs was not what I had hoped for.

she said well you can get some takeoff juice and do that to help. I said , true. she said, Its only 24.99! I said oh is that all?! ( very sarcastic ) NAH I will pass I said.

Manznita3
07-04-2007, 02:27 AM
I know for sure mine is franchise because I asked, and I got the new plan so I'm really not sure what their rhyme or reason is for rolling it out like this!

Robin

momerath
07-04-2007, 06:56 AM
If there's one thing I've learned over the past 6 months, it's that there is no pattern. Corporate vs. franchise, US vs. Canada... sometimes policies seem to apply more to one than the other, but in the end, it seems that every centre does things a little differently. I just sit back and do what they tell me, and if they change things, great. If not, oh well.

Katy66
07-04-2007, 10:33 AM
Popcorn? That is great! I love popcorn:)

I'm not sure what my center is, I'll ask Friday when I go for my weigh in. I'm anxious now to see if I get my new plan.......they keep promising it but I'm very nervous!

Steph - way to go in not telling them what site. We all need a place vent!

Candiflip
07-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Oh Yummy! The popcorn does sound yummy!

Has anyone here in Canada been switched to a new plan?

momerath
07-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Not me. I'll ask them about it when I go for WI on Friday, but my COD never seems to get any of the new stuff, so I'm not going to count on it.

Repo girl
07-05-2007, 08:44 AM
Okay, I am going in this morning to get my new plan. I have been waiting for a week for them to call me and say that they found my chart, but they have not called. I need my new plan asap, however, since I have just been cheating my fool head off, waiting for it.

Katy66
07-05-2007, 09:55 AM
Katie - can't wait to hear what your new plan is. I'm going in tomorrow and hopefully getting mine. GOOD LUCK!

Repo girl
07-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Thanks! I really need a change to get me going. Hopefully this will be it. I used to love my COD, but lately, not so much. I am going to go in with a good attitude this morning and give it my best shot.

JerseyMadchen
07-05-2007, 10:55 AM
I am going in at lunch today, so I'll let anyone in the Delaware Valley know if they're changing things around here.

I hope so... I need a bump.

Repo girl
07-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Okay, so I go in this morning, they have found my chart, thank goodness. They have the diaries, but no plan books. Maybe tomorrow, they say. So, I am on plan 3. Question: How many eggs is a protein, how much peanut butter is a protein, and what constitutes as a dairy?

Mom_of_3_Monsters
07-05-2007, 01:36 PM
If anyone who is on the Gold Plan - I would LOVE to see the new info -- pretty please :^: Thanks ! :hug:

Katy66
07-05-2007, 02:33 PM
That had to be disappointing to hear your on plan 3 but nothing to tell you what that is! Sorry can't help you with the info though!

bizlawchik
07-05-2007, 02:41 PM
My COD knows nothing about any new plans. I met with the district manager's assistant who is floating for a few weeks and she said she will ask, but hasn't heard anything. Darn...

Lorig
07-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Norissa I am on gold with lites. I got the new book this morning. I think she called it plan 2.

It has 2 1/2 proteins
3 vegetables
2 fruit
3 starches
2 dairy
2 fat
3 condiments

Some of the serving sizes have changes. Proteins are 4 oz of all meats
and fish. Cottage went up to 1 cup instead of 1/2. Fruits and vegetables
look the same(haven't checked them all closely). Frozen meals
now have guidelines for the calories, fat carbs, protein and sodium. Starches
also look the same except for getting 1 more.

JerseyMadchen
07-05-2007, 03:18 PM
I just got back from my COD, and they don't know anything about it either. I ended up signing up to lose 20 lbs at $3/week, so that's not that bad.

I am still curious as to what this new plan is all about though... someone please keep me posted! Plan #2 doesn't sound so bad.

Mom_of_3_Monsters
07-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Norissa I am on gold with lites. I got the new book this morning. I think she called it plan 2.

It has 2 1/2 proteins
3 vegetables
2 fruit
3 starches
2 dairy
2 fat
3 condiments

Some of the serving sizes have changes. Proteins are 4 oz of all meats
and fish. Cottage went up to 1 cup instead of 1/2. Fruits and vegetables
look the same(haven't checked them all closely). Frozen meals
now have guidelines for the calories, fat carbs, protein and sodium. Starches
also look the same except for getting 1 more.

Thank you SO much !!

Mom_of_3_Monsters
07-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Lori - or anyone else who has moved to the "new plan" from Gold w/ lites -- do you like the new plan better ? Has it slowed your weight loss ?

I am thinking about trying the new plan out - I need to change things up - I am becoming too much a "creature of habit" - if that makes sense

JerseyMadchen
07-05-2007, 03:59 PM
This #2 sounds very similar to the blue plan. The only difference I see is one less fruit and one more fat.

Lorig
07-05-2007, 04:00 PM
I just got the plan this morning. Today will be my first day.
I did lose 2 1/2 lb at WI. Hope that continues on the new plan.

Mom_of_3_Monsters
07-05-2007, 04:08 PM
ahhh - sorry -- Good Luck !! I hope the WL continues !! :)

Lorig
07-05-2007, 06:36 PM
OK I checked plan 2 over a little better and there are some changes in the fruit.

These are counted as 1 fruit:
1 small banana instead of 1/2 small banana
cherries 12 instead of 9
grapefruit 1/2 large instead of 1/2 medium
grapes 17 instead of 15
strawberries 12 medium instead of 12 small
Watermelon 1 1/4 c instead of 1 c

The number of fruits listed on this plan are less than gold plan.

3 c air popped or 94% ff popcorn is 1 starch

Lemon and lime juice is unlimited
icbinb spray is unlimited
coffee regular or decaf unlimited
tea regular or decaf unlimited
beverages regular decaf, diet, calorie free, any variety unlimited

Those are the ones that caught my eye

Repo girl
07-05-2007, 07:05 PM
They let me peek briefly at the menu plan. 1 whole small baked potato with skin is one starch, as is 1/2 c corn, 1/2 c sweet potato, 2 slices whole wheat low carb bread. Proteins have mostly all gone to 4 oz, but beef and pork are 3 oz. There is only one book now. Every one has the same book with the same serving sizes, but their journals are different according to what number they are on. For instance, plan 3 gets 4 starches, plan 4 gets 5 starches. There is also a section of meals that are a lot like carb cravers under a different name. Each section of food has a basic list, then a "Use infrequently" list that should be used 3 or less times per week.

Candiflip
07-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Is it franchise or corporate that are having these new plans?

Manznita3
07-05-2007, 10:13 PM

It has 2 1/2 proteins
3 vegetables
2 fruit
3 starches
2 dairy
2 fat
3 condiments

I feel so cheated! I was on gold w/lites, now I'm on meal plan 1. :( I can't stay on it at all. I've been eating waaaaay too much.

I'll go in Saturday and talk to them about it.

JerseyMadchen
07-06-2007, 11:00 AM
Candace, it seems like both franchises and corporates, there's no pattern. Except of course mine....

I have to admit, they had switched me to gold in the past and I was hungry more. It hadn't been enough food... I switched back to Blue and I was fine. Maybe more and more people were complaining about being hungry and not feeling "full" enough.

Wasn't there a girl on here for a while that worked for them? We need her!!!

bizlawchik
07-06-2007, 12:15 PM
I spoke w/my COD yesterday - actually met w/the regional manager's assistant - and she said a lot of CODs were test centers for different products and programs, so there may be no rhyme or reason. While a few CODs may get picked to try different flavor bars, another will get different flavors of shakes. Others get different programs. So this may be a test thing in different areas also.

BluEyezBigDreamz
07-06-2007, 02:00 PM
When I went in for WI yesterday I asked about the new program. The manager of my COD says that they will be doing it, but have not received the materials to start it yet.
I'll let you all know whenever it starts for me. They said it might be a little while yet because they have to go through training for it and all that.

Katy66
07-06-2007, 02:00 PM
No new plan for me today...I'll get it at my WI next Friday (I only go once a week). Oh well, if anyone else on purple w/lites gets theres first let me know what it looks like.

ElleofALady
07-06-2007, 02:27 PM
This was the plan I mentioned in the friends thread...this plan not only has me full, but I have gained 5 FREAKIN POUNDS since last Friday. I don't know if it's the plan its self or the plan + me exercising an hour a day/6 days a week. I couldn't fit all the foods in the 1st day nor the 2nd, and started stuffing my face the 3rd and so on. I am up 5 lbs!!!! I am devistated. They put a call in to the dietician on yesterday while I was there and was told to eat on plan for two weeks total and keep exercising. I am at a loss for words. I'm on Plan 4, which replaced the regular Red Plan. I had 10 more pound to go until Purple/ #3 and now...I really just want to cry.

Katy66
07-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Letisha - Man I'm sorry the change in plans has caused you so much problems. I'm really nervous about it since I've lost good...why would they change it? It sounds like maybe they should go ahead and put you on #3. Did they have any suggestions on eating certain things earlier in the day?Good luck and maybe your body will adjust. I'll be sending good thoughts your way:)

zambejaly5
07-06-2007, 05:44 PM
I asked today and we get ours on Aug 1st! can't wait to give it a whirl!

Repo girl
07-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Okay, I finally got my plan. Some things that are standing out to me are that I get 2 dairy now, and the serving sizes have not changed on them. Also, SF, FF pudding is now listed as a dairy choice, for 3/4 of a cup! In condiments, there are pickles!!! Yeeeehaw! 1 medium sized dill or 3/4 oz of sweet. Also, FF half and half is 2 T= 1 condiment. I also get 2 fats now, and 2 T of guacamole is a fat. In starches, a whole lite WW english muffin is one starch. The restaurant guide is updated a lot too. I am going to start this plan on Sunday.

Candiflip
07-06-2007, 09:26 PM
I talked to a girl at my center today and she said that they are getting all the material in for the new plan and they should be giving to clients by the end of July. I am kind of excited the more I hear you all talk about it :D

Katy66
07-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Katie - what plan were you on before? The idea of 2 dairy's is great. How did your starches and proteins change, or did they?

jdbc
07-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Is this happening in all centers? I'm in a corporate center in Pa., and went in today. No one mentioned anything. Granted, I didn't ask, but I wondered if it's going to take place everywhere sometime this summer.

mgresso
07-07-2007, 10:42 PM
I went to WI (Friday) and asked about it. The lady I talked to didn't know anything about it, only that they are having a meeting on Thursday. So I told her a bit about what I know. She was excited to know more than anybody else so far. We'll see next week what happens. It seems that it may be a national rollout...most of us seem to be going to it. And it's now making it's way to Indiana. BTW, anybody else from Indiana?

Repo girl
07-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Katie - what plan were you on before? The idea of 2 dairy's is great. How did your starches and proteins change, or did they?

I was on red with no lites. I get 4 starches now, and I used to get 3. Also, if you eat high fiber choices, the portions are a little bigger than before. I used to get 2 1/2 protein (8 oz of chicken, 6 oz of beef). Now I get 3 proteins, but the serving size is 4 oz, cooked of poultry and fish, 3 oz of beef and pork. They have also gone to cooked weight measurements vs. the raw weight that it used to be.

Katy66
07-08-2007, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm on purple with lites but I think the portion sizes are the same for everyone now...it is just the number that you get that is different. Enjoy your new plan, I hope it goes well for you!

Repo girl
07-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Thanks!

Boo'sMom
07-09-2007, 10:15 AM
I am so glad they have upped the dairy (who doesn't need the calcium??) and reduced the protein--6oz. of chicken was a LOT at one time.

Letisha--WOW--your plan is a lot of food--no wonder you were stuffed--I hope it improves soon.

JerseyMadchen
07-09-2007, 11:39 AM
I am so jealous! My COD is clueless!!!

FatGalnAL
07-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Mine COD is clueless too :( I asked them about it Saturday at WI and she said she didn't know anything about it and asked me where I got my info from. She sounded excited when I explained it though and said that she wondered if that's why the portion plates recently came out as well.

tammie07
07-10-2007, 11:31 AM
My COD says we will be getting the new plan at the end of July. She said she thought everyone was going to the new plan eventually.

tammie

amylou7777
07-10-2007, 01:15 PM
I got the same info. Sounds like it will be implemented by the end of summer and sounds like it will gradually be happening everywhere.

zambejaly5
07-10-2007, 02:29 PM
any one have the changes on the vegitarian protien list? I am red right now so I am guessing maybe I will be on the same one as Katie.

tzulover
07-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Just got back from my WI (Illinois area) - gained 2 ounces. :( But it lead nicely into asking if there was a new plan coming.... And she said they were taking training for it next week. How did I hear of it.... Just said a site on-line. So I expressed my concerns -- I've eaten salads almost all week - and I gain, and I do sometimes feel hungry --- so what's gonna happen if I get enough to 'Feel Full'?????? She said the calories were the same, just eaten a bit differently. Said I'd love it. As for the gain - she said I was in a "plateau" was all - hateful thing!! HAD to laugh at that!!! Then had dentist app't - couple fillings. Then got hit with a downpour. :( :(

MomOfThreeTeens
07-10-2007, 05:55 PM
The manager at my COD this morning said all the girls were training this week, I'm assuming its for the new plan!

6digmans
07-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Just got back from my WI (Illinois area) - gained 2 ounces. :( But it lead nicely into asking if there was a new plan coming.... And she said they were taking training for it next week. How did I hear of it.... Just said a site on-line. So I expressed my concerns -- I've eaten salads almost all week - and I gain, and I do sometimes feel hungry --- so what's gonna happen if I get enough to 'Feel Full'?????? She said the calories were the same, just eaten a bit differently. Said I'd love it. As for the gain - she said I was in a "plateau" was all - hateful thing!! HAD to laugh at that!!! Then had dentist app't - couple fillings. Then got hit with a downpour. :( :(

hey if it makes you feel any better I have found for me personally that I will like gain .2 oz or gain .6 ozs and be all annoyed and then BOOM lose 2.5-3lbs in like 2 days lbs the same week. Its just your body double checking if you want to lose this or not she told me and then it says oh you want to lose and then you lose a bunch:dizzy:

this has happened to me 3 times since I started in late May.

Where in IL are you at ?? I live 10 minutes out side of Il in WI.

4us
07-10-2007, 11:26 PM
I went to my COD today and they told me they had no idea...said it must be a franchise thing...which we know from reading here is not the case.

I find it quite a mystery!

Goukuk
07-11-2007, 11:58 AM
I went to my center in Terre Haute, IN yesterday and I am on the Level 4 plan. I am very concerned it is going to make me gain weight!!! I have only been back on the program for about 2 weeks now. I am hoping people will keep us posted as to their weight loss or gain on the new program. I am hopeful it will work. Good Luck to all!!! Lisa

Repo girl
07-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Don't worry Lisa, I started it on Sunday and I am down nearly 4 lbs already!

tzulover
07-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Well, I hope that's what my body is doing.....getting ready for a 2# lose!!!!! But, isn't this a strange way for a body to lose???? gain some ounces then lose pounds??????

We live 20 miles west of Rockford.....I don't suppose you come to that LAWL there, do you?

Lorig
07-11-2007, 08:59 PM
I just got back for WI. I've been on the new plan for 1 week now
and I lost 2.4 lb. I'm really happy with the extra starch and dairy. The
protein is less now but I always felt it was just too much and this plan seems
more like a normal portion

Marleymom
07-11-2007, 09:04 PM
I am jealous too. I am on the GOLD Plan. Just joined 3 weeks ago and I stay hungry! Should I ask to change?:(

mnauer
07-11-2007, 10:28 PM
What does meal plan one consist of? I'm thinking of rejoining and I bet that's what they'll put me on. I'm at about 169 now I'm 5'9". Would love to get to 160.

JDLAStew
07-12-2007, 12:04 AM
I'm now on the new plan. I am glad with the portions of starch and protein but the extra dairy will kill me. I'm not a milk/yogurt/cheese person and the FF pudding was not in my list of possible dairy foods. I'm hoping this will jumpstart me. I start on it tomorrow.

Lynx
07-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Question for anyone on the new plan. What is the serving sizes for eggs and egg beaters? Thanks.

Repo girl
07-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Eggs are as follows:

2 whole eggs
1 cup egg beaters
8 egg whites

Lynx
07-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Thanks Katie. I am working on a recipe and I wanted to see how much I needed old plan versus new plan. Boy they upped the egg beaters!

6digmans
07-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Well, I hope that's what my body is doing.....getting ready for a 2# lose!!!!! But, isn't this a strange way for a body to lose???? gain some ounces then lose pounds??????

We live 20 miles west of Rockford.....I don't suppose you come to that LAWL there, do you?

No don't go to that one sorry!

I go to the one in Dubuque, I thought by some fluke you may live in Galena ( 10 min. from me!)

I have not got any of my stuff for the new plan yet, Hmmmm I hope its this week yet.
Last time I had to weigh MYSELF! I was there about 15 min. and not a site of anyone around . there was someone ahead of me waiting too. I had a friend in the car and 5 kids!:dizzy: I finally went and found someone and said can I get weighed I need to leave , friend and kids are in the car. She gave me a post it note and I went and did it wrote it down and gave her it and left.
I think I was down but can not remember.

WITeresa
07-12-2007, 04:28 PM
I go to the West Madison COD, and they didn't say a word about the new plan to me yesterday at my WI... ;)

healthy2b
07-12-2007, 04:34 PM
I had WI yesterday and asked COD about the new plans coming out. She said they haven't heard anything about them but they figure something is changing because of the new plates that they have been selling. She said they are abviously not for the current plans because the portion slots don't go along with the portions that are in the current plans. She said that I knew more about the changes than she did.....thanks to this site..... Hopefully, they'll hear something soon.

smjezzy
07-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Carrie - do you go to the La Frontera one? If so that's really strange because mine supposedly knows about it and we should be in the same franchise. Actually even if you aren't in the La Frontera one I would have thought everything down here would be in the same franchise. Maybe not. From what she said I should be getting the new plan on Saturday.

Lynx
07-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Yes, I go to the Madison West COD on Junction Road. I asked about the new plan last week or the week before. I forget which. The answer is that first of all, they are using up their old supplies meaning the diaries, etc. Then they are going to introduce the plan to new customers first. I was told that they are phasing things in because of the amount of time it takes to explain everything. The manager said that they will start with the existing gold clients and then work from there. My feeling is I don't think I need any explanation just give me the plan. But, oh well. Nice to talk to you Teresa.

Lynx
07-12-2007, 05:00 PM
ok I forgot to add. Since I am on gold, I was told it would be the end of July or early August for me.

tzulover
07-12-2007, 06:12 PM
HI all! I just got back from having a mammogram and then my WI -- got the manager this time and she told me the staff are doing the new plan for a week, training is next week, and so the end of the month the rest of us will be on it. Said not to worry about the added protein and fat and starch - caloric amount is the same, just divided differently (instead of 1 cup of lettuce, we get 3). She also showed me the new plates - has a lid even. But much like tupperware or rubbermaid.

And since i've gained another 2 ounces - she put me on the TO and then 5-day "plateau buster".... its the first time, since starting, that I've done this.....hope i live thru it!!! lol

Katy66
07-12-2007, 09:48 PM
My friend at work who is on LAWL with me went for her WI today and got the new plan. Looks good, we we're both on purple so I'm hoping I get the same one.

Kansas
07-12-2007, 11:22 PM
Repo Girl -
I am on Red w/Lites - could you please post the breakdown for the new plan? My COD does not seem to know what is going on and I am very curious to see the changes.

Thanks!!!

bayoubelle68
07-12-2007, 11:47 PM
My COD says they don't know a thing about any changes. The manager suggested - as I've read from others here - that perhaps the changes are affecting CODs that are corporately run and not franchises. Who knows? I could go back in tomorrow and be handed the new plan!

amdqla
07-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Ok I went in and got my new plan....I am terrified to start! I am currently on Red 1 with lites. I did the take off July 3-4 and lost 8 lbs. I have lost another 4 lbs since then. My new plan is number 5 Express plan that I have to stay on for 4 weeks. They expect me to eat 4P, 5V, 4F, 7S, 3D, 3f, 2L. I can't eat all that, especially not with the increase in portion sizes! Now 2 slices lite bread is = 1S. It is also very restricted on what foods I can have. No red meat, no rice or potatoes, and no ketchup! I can' wait for my month of express to be up!

Katy66
07-13-2007, 03:05 PM
I got my new plan today too, they put me on 3. I'm sure glad I didn't have my red meat restricted although 3 ounces seems pretty restictive. Good luck Angela....When is your SIL's wedding. You sure look on track to reach goal.

JerseyMadchen
07-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Hey Katy,

What plan were you on previously and what constitutes Plan 3?

tzulover
07-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Angela, that does sound like a HUGE change, your new plan -- did i really read about it right????? No typo's???? I am very interested in how things turn out for you - hope you keep posting about it!!!!!

Katy66
07-13-2007, 04:50 PM
I was on purple w/lites before. Now I get 3P / 4V / 3F / 4S / 2D / 2 FATS.

dizi
07-13-2007, 09:02 PM
I got my new plan today, purple w/ no lites to plan 3. My center told me with the new plan you have to do take-off every two weeks. I'm curious if anyone else was told this or if they were just trying to sell their juice.

Katy66
07-14-2007, 02:16 PM
No one mentioned that to me.

Mama Nicole
07-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Wow, I had no clue...........very interesting :)

notonadiet
07-14-2007, 04:47 PM
because of the new guidlines to go along with the new plans, it is sometimes difficult to say what plan you will be on w/o knowing height and weight...if you want to post those, or send me a message I will let you know!

6digmans
07-14-2007, 09:41 PM
I got my new plan today, purple w/ no lites to plan 3. My center told me with the new plan you have to do take-off every two weeks. I'm curious if anyone else was told this or if they were just trying to sell their juice.

I just wanted to chime in and say I think she was trying to sell you juice!

I am kinda lucky the girls I have delt with the exception of 1 of them are not pushy at all.

I even asked about that and she told me flat out its not required to do it at all. Its personal choice and that she and staff try to keep you losing with out the juice. I told the manager i was concerned about have a plateua (sp?) and she told me we are going to try and avoid that and hopefully not use the juice to get me started again.

She seemed honest , and I am a pretty good judge of charcter.

I say don't get the juice unless you stop losing for a while.

I keep my body guessing when it seems like the lose is slowing down to a few ounces. I flip all my food around when I eat it for like 2-3 days and then I get a lose. Is it from the changes no idea but who cares as long as I get a lose and save myself $$$$. I have not did the juice or any version of it since day 1.

I say save your money for a new outfit!:hug:;)

dizi
07-15-2007, 01:13 AM
I just wanted to chime in and say I think she was trying to sell you juice!

I am kinda lucky the girls I have delt with the exception of 1 of them are not pushy at all.

I even asked about that and she told me flat out its not required to do it at all. Its personal choice and that she and staff try to keep you losing with out the juice. I told the manager i was concerned about have a plateua (sp?) and she told me we are going to try and avoid that and hopefully not use the juice to get me started again.

She seemed honest , and I am a pretty good judge of charcter.

I say don't get the juice unless you stop losing for a while.

I keep my body guessing when it seems like the lose is slowing down to a few ounces. I flip all my food around when I eat it for like 2-3 days and then I get a lose. Is it from the changes no idea but who cares as long as I get a lose and save myself $$$$. I have not did the juice or any version of it since day 1.

I say save your money for a new outfit!:hug:;)

Thanks. I felt like she was really trying to make a sale. I only have 13 lbs. to go and still have 2 bottles of TO juice from when I first joined. There was no way I was buying more. Like you said, I'll save my money for new clothes!:)

aguerin
07-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Talk about making a sale. My COD kept telling me they were rolling out the new plan this week. When I get there today, I asked about it. She said we are only doing it for a select few and the rest will come in the next several weeks. Then she said, if you want to go ahead and get the plan you can buy one of our "some kinda kit" and make an appointment for later this week to get the new plan. Those kits consisted of their product lines (snacks, water flavor pkts, biscotts, plates, etc) and ranged from $25.00 to $99.00. Needless to say the sucker that I am, I bought the $25.00 just so I could get started on this new program. I have never used their snack stuff so I guess I am going to get to try it.

smjezzy
07-16-2007, 01:16 PM
OK I got my new menu plan on Saturday. I think I saw that someone was on purple no lites and got put on plan 3. I was on red with lites(don't use the lites but they never bumped me down) and I got put on plan 3. Then she said oh no, you need to be on 4 since you don't use lites. She told me the portions and I flat out said NO. I can't eat everything on my current plan and that's almost double. NO. They agreed to leave me on 3. I am happy about the reduction in protein sizes, that might help me to get the rest of the food down. I'm also happy with the additional starch.

zambejaly5
07-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Last time they changed plans they told me I had to pay $15 to get it. I still think they would have just given it to me if I had waited. you know, If I went in and said, oh I lost my book or something. I always felt that $15 was a rip off

Mama Nicole
07-16-2007, 04:03 PM
I was on purple w/lites before. Now I get 3P / 4V / 3F / 4S / 2D / 2 FATS.

Katy.......is that with lites too????

Mama Nicole
07-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Hi Lettie :)

wahm56
07-17-2007, 10:12 AM
I am in the greater Kansas City, Missouri area and attend a corporate owned facilty. There has been no mention of a plan change at my local center.

I hope we just keep the old one. Personally, for me, I like bigger meat portions. 4 ounces has never seemed like much. 5 starches is just too much for me..unless of course I can have it in hot rolls, pizza and chips and dip. Okay, fell off the wagon there.

Diane

smjezzy
07-17-2007, 10:16 AM
Katy.......is that with lites too????

What she mentioned is plan 3 with lites. Plan 4 without lites was ridiculous.

Repo girl
07-17-2007, 10:26 AM
I am in the greater Kansas City, Missouri area and attend a corporate owned facilty. There has been no mention of a plan change at my local center.

I hope we just keep the old one. Personally, for me, I like bigger meat portions. 4 ounces has never seemed like much. 5 starches is just too much for me..unless of course I can have it in hot rolls, pizza and chips and dip. Okay, fell off the wagon there.

Diane

Diane, I liked the big proteins too, but just so that you are aware, 4 oz is the cooked weight, not raw, like before. Still amounts to a pretty big portion.

wahm56
07-17-2007, 10:32 AM
Hi, Katie,

Good point about the cooked portions.

I am on Red 1 with lites so it will probably be similar to what you are doing.

I now, don't get all my starches in...most of the time or veggies. I hate veggies. Probably why I am overweight.

I have really be struggling this past month and wasted my weeks I paid for. Basically lost 4 pounds and gained it back plus some.

It isn't that the plan isn't easy to follow, just that I am a binge eater. I can do well for a bit, then eat everything in site. I still haven't been able to tame that lion in me...even after watching Big Medicine and the other show about the morbid obesity clinic.

Have any of you watched those programs? After watching those one would think that would make me change...hasn't.

Trying to get back on plan and stick with it.

Diane

smjezzy
07-17-2007, 11:07 AM
Hang in there Diane!

dawn78
07-17-2007, 11:14 AM
You ladies that have the new plan, can you tell me if the new plan still has the Carb Cravers section? I asked my COD several times about the new plans and some of the counselors have never heard of any changes and some of the others have heard about changes coming, but donít know when or any of the details. The one counselor that knew the most about the new plan said the CC section will be gone.

smjezzy
07-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Mine does not have carb cravers anymore. It has "Quick combos" which are basically the same I think except now they count as portions instead of 1 CC, so for example the bagel with tomato and cream cheese is now 2S 1C instead of 1CC

dawn78
07-17-2007, 11:21 AM
Shannon - thank you!

smjezzy
07-17-2007, 11:27 AM
In reference to the "you HAVE to do TO every 2 weeks", the book states "TakeOFF2 Menu Plan CAN be used once you reach your third week of weight loss and CAN be used every 14 days during the Weight Loss and Maintenance Phase of your program". It does not say you have to. That's my book though, check yours under the takeoff section and verify.

Dawn - you're very welcome

mamato2girls
07-17-2007, 12:00 PM
I went to my COD yesterday, and they had signs up talking all about the NEW LAWL. I heard some of the counselors talking about how the plan has more fiber, etc. etc. Now that I'm on Maintenance, I guess I'll never get to see the new plan. :-(

Katy66
07-17-2007, 12:05 PM
Nicole, Sorry I've been pretty much off line a couple of days. Yes, my plan also has 2 lites with it. I'm eating all day just to get it all in:)

angelbretsmom
07-17-2007, 04:08 PM
so can you tell me what all is in the new plan, I too am on purple with no lites..

Thanks
Stacie

Repo girl
07-17-2007, 05:22 PM
Hi, Katie,

Good point about the cooked portions.

I am on Red 1 with lites so it will probably be similar to what you are doing.

I now, don't get all my starches in...most of the time or veggies. I hate veggies. Probably why I am overweight.

I have really be struggling this past month and wasted my weeks I paid for. Basically lost 4 pounds and gained it back plus some.

It isn't that the plan isn't easy to follow, just that I am a binge eater. I can do well for a bit, then eat everything in site. I still haven't been able to tame that lion in me...even after watching Big Medicine and the other show about the morbid obesity clinic.

Have any of you watched those programs? After watching those one would think that would make me change...hasn't.

Trying to get back on plan and stick with it.

Diane

Hey Diane!

I would say that the mental side of losing weight is at least half the battle. This stuff is probably old hat, but let me suggest a few ways to counteract binging eating. First off, find some other ways to keep you busy until the urge passes. Personally, I like to play bejeweled on my cell phone or on the computer. Some other thoughts are take a hot cup of tea with you to take a long, hot bath. By the time you have relaxed in the tub and enjoyed your tea, you will not feel so "Bingy". Also, you will have a little time to work out whatever it was that triggered the binge. Triggers are the other thing that must be looked at. When do you binge? Why? Take any binge or fall off of the wagon as a learning experience. Crappy day at work? Fight with DH? Bored? Lonely? Happy? If you know that a certain event will cause you to fall, then you can be prepared with a plan. If I have a crappy day at work, and I want to go home and binge, then I will.........only you can fill in the blanks with this one. Perhaps call a friend, take a walk, go for a drive, or get online and chat with us! When you fall, get back up as fast as you can and keep going. Not tomorrow, right now, the next meal you eat, make it an OP one. You are worth it Diane! It is worth feeling good, being proud of yourself, and changing your life for the better!

jdbc
07-17-2007, 06:09 PM
Okay, I'm really confused. I saw my counselor on Saturday. I found out it is a corporate center, but he claims to have no idea what I'm talking about. He's usually very honest with me, too. So I don't know what's going on. Are they just keeping it a secret (why?), or are they really in the dark?

bizlawchik
07-17-2007, 06:25 PM
The plan is being rolled out in different areas of the country at different times. It's not a corporate vs. franchise thing.

cerwin4au
07-17-2007, 06:28 PM
My Center is rolling the plan out this week. I have an appointment to actually sit down with the counselor and go through the new plan this Thursday. Prior to this week they haven't been allowed to say anything about it. They looked a bit surprised a couple of weeks ago when I asked about it. I guess that is just what they have to do before the new product launch. No biggee..

I'm currently on the Gold plan with lites, so I'll report back what my new menu looks like.

sparklegirl
07-17-2007, 07:00 PM
I just got my new plan today. I was on red w/ lites and they switched me to plan 2. I am bummed I lost a fruit. I would rather have that than another dairy! I am excited about being able to count my bread as 1 starch though!
Level 2 is : 2 1/2 P, 3 V, 2 F, 3 S, 2 D, 2 Fat, 2 lites.

I was on red because of my exercise. I am anxious to see how this goes and I'm excited to be only 5.6 lbs from my goal!:D

6digmans
07-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Well I am highly annoyed though I gained 1.6 lbs back since Saturday!

She told me that it has been happening to everyone that has started it and that your body has to adjust to this change now! that is just flipping great NOT!

She said i could do a take off if I wanted but that up to me totally. I said well I will see what happens by the end of this week. She said it can be done every 14 days but its our own personal choice, so I was gald she was not shoving it down my throat!

She said she has seen anywhere from 2-5 lbs gained and then once your body readjusts your back on track again. hmmmm I don't know I could deal with a 5 lb gain well at all. I think I may head off in the gutter if i saw that and panic.

Anyone else do a weigh in after a few days with this happen to them???

bizlawchik
07-17-2007, 09:00 PM
I sent an e-mail to the LA Online dietician and asked if my area was due to get the new plan. I'm curious to see the response since it's from the LAWL corporate center.

Katy66
07-17-2007, 11:43 PM
Steph - I just started my new plan Sat and don't go for WI until Friday. So far the home scales aren't registering a gain though. Dang I don't want to gain.

You know Letisha saw a gain as well...seems like about 5lbs but I can't remember for sure. They told her to stay on the new plan for a couple of weeks. Haven't seen her post in while so I'm not sure if she got straightened out or not.

Keep us posted and good luck.

6digmans
07-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Well I hope you don't get a gain!

That really was a bummer to see on the scale. Nothing worse then doing what your suppose to and then see that happen. If I cheated thats a entirely diffrent story . I think I will go do some lemon water and well hope for the best ! If I see a gain well .... Take Off here we come !! Have not done one since day one so maybe after 2 months it will help!

Katy66
07-18-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm thinking about doing the TO as well. I've got a camping trip coming up next week, a family event in August as well as another camping trip and then a beach trip in Sept. It is the dang timing thing but I'm hoping doing one or two TOs during the time will keep me on track. I've not done it since day one either...I kinda dread it but just two days.

aguerin
07-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Ladies:

I have this new plan scanned in as a pdf if anyone wants it send me a pm and I will send it to you. I just got it today. You won't know your portion allowance, but at least you can view the contents.

bizlawchik
07-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Response from LA Online...

I keep hearing about the new "Feel Full" plan from other members around the country but my center doesn't know anything about it. Do you know when/if we will be getting it? Thanks.
Thank you for submitting your question to our Nutrition Department.
The Feel Full Program is only available to clients in certain markets and is not available to our At Home clients.
We will forward a copy of this email message to your center so that they may further assist you with your program.
We wish you continued success with your program.
Sincerely,
The Nutrition Department

myboysnme2
07-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Just have to share on this new plan thing. My center rolled it out about a month ago, I was sooooo excited to see the extra starches and dairy but was not so excited with the GAIN! I talked to one of the counselers that I feel it pretty trustworthy and she said the new plan is NOT working well for current members but it is if you are new. I feel like all it did for me was waste 2 weeks of my program. I am back on my gold w/lites and am town 2.6 this week.

Not sure if that helps anyone or not but I feel better!:D

KimS

FatGalnAL
07-18-2007, 03:10 PM
I got my new plan today (after a 1 lb. gain on the old one) :( I am NOT looking forward to the extra starches and dairy. I feel like I'm eating way to much as it is now. I'm eating way more than I used to eat before going on the program. And now 2 slices of light bread count as a starch? That's 10 pieces of bread A DAY! The old adage is calories in - calories out = weight change right? I mean, that's just the normal laws of physics. They are taking away protein and giving more carbs. How scientifically is that going to help? I asked her that today and she said "The dieticians have tested and tested this new program and it has been proven to work". I would love to see the test results on the study and if it was a controlled test with placebo units, etc, etc. It occured to me on the way back to work. Most of their food products they sell count as a starch right? I know most of the snacks do anyway. Hmm... The new program takes away protein and gives more starches. Hmm... Makes one wonder.

amylou7777
07-18-2007, 04:24 PM
This is all so confusing. I asked my center and they said we would be getting the new program at the end of summer.
Do you have a choice? Are they allowing you to go back to gold KimS?
Do they have a time frame of when they think your body should be used to it? I feel like they are as stumped as we are a little bit.

6digmans
07-18-2007, 04:39 PM
I am considering letting them think I am on the new plan and go back to the old one, if I keep getting a weight gain.

what they don't know won't hurt them. I will just mark my book like i am eatting all that stuff to keep them happy if thats what it takes in a few weeks.

cerwin4au
07-18-2007, 04:59 PM
It really makes me wonder why they made such dramatic adjustments to the plan. Especially after hearing that one COD was reporting that the members were seeing a 2-5 lb gain initially. From the posts here, it seems like everyone is being asked to consume quite a bit more food than before. I don't think the small 1 ounce adjustment in Protein portion sizes is equivalent to the addition of so many extra starch and dairy servings. My one big complaint about LAWL is that they are so secretive about their plan. It's difficult to get access to the logic they apply - I've always found WW to be much more forthcoming about their program and the changes they make to it. But, WW wasn't working for me anymore - it wasn't the plan it was me. I needed a change, a new way of looking at things. Truthfully, there is nothing new under the sun about healthy weight loss.

I know that over the many, many years that I followed Weight Watchers, they would tweak their plan about once a year (with the big switch from exchanges to points being the most dramatic). However, I don't remember these changes ever causing such a big weight gain.

I can't wait to get my plan tomorrow so I can calculate the differences in the calories between my old and new.

bizlawchik
07-18-2007, 05:07 PM
My non-scientific $0.02...

With the new plan being more starches and the old plan being generally low in starches, this sounds like how people on Atkins gain weight when they go back to taking in carbs. Just like we had a big reduction at the beginning due to not eating as many carbs, maybe the initial reaction is your body getting used to digesting more carbs again? Something about how it processes them? Not sure of the science behind it, but maybe that's a general idea? Also, with five starches, no one is saying eat ten pieces of bread per day. You are supposed to eat a variety of food, not automatically turn to 2 slices of bread as your starch. Use this time to try some brown rice, a sweet potato, an ear of corn on the cob that's in season now. A bowl of cereal (or a yogurt parfait w/cereal). A bit of whole wheat pasta. Maybe with variety and a couple of weeks it will all level out.

myboysnme2
07-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Regarding switching back..I just told them that I was having a hard time adjusting to the new plan and would like to go back to the gold. I'm still losing well on gold so I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
KimS:carrot:

aguerin
07-18-2007, 05:15 PM
They must have dropped me down to what would have been a green plan. :?: I am within 16 pounds of my goal weight and my plan does not match what some of the others that are on gold have posted. Here is what they have given me: 2 P, 2 V, 2 F, 1 D, 1Fat, 2 Starch, 2 Lites. I have listed this under the green comparrison below.

Here is what I have gathered from this thread on the plan comparrison from old color plan to new Feel Full Portions (listed). Please double check for yourself.

Green, 2 P, 2 V, 2 Fr, 2 S, 1 D, 1 Fat
Gold Plan, 2.5 P, 3 V, 2 Fr, 3 S, 2 D, 2 Fat
Gold II , No Info
Purple, 3P, 4V, 3F, 4S, 2D, 2FATS
RED, 3 1/2P, 4V, 4FR, 5S, 3D, 2 FATs
RED 1, 4P, 5V, 4F, 7S, 3D, 3fat

cerwin4au
07-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the info DixieChick (fellow Alabamian).

Snowdogs
07-18-2007, 06:23 PM
I show purple as - but not sure which #....
P3, V4, F3, S3, D2, Fat2

videochick
07-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Amy - Your new plan looks just like the old green, the only thing being that now the protein portions are smaller and maybe you get a bit more starch if 2 slices lite bread = 1 Starch? If I remember from my first go round with LAWL, Green was the same portion sizes as Gold, but the servings you mention and a very restricted food list - no limited proteins or starches as they used to call them.

I'm 16lbs from my goal of 150 also, so it looks as if my COD does get the new plan, it wouldn't be much of a difference from the old Gold?

With regard to the weight gain, I think Cassi has hit the nail on the head. It's possible that the switch to additional starches/fiber rich foods is causing a temporary water weight gain - something to do with carbs and glycogen stores and how our body uses water. IMO, I think it must be temporary water weight because I can't imagine that the plan change is such a big jump in calories, at 1lb=3500 cals, to cause the 2-5 lb gains.

I have to say that the new plan seems similar to what I've seen of WW Core - I could be wrong, I'm only basing this assumption on what a friend is eating on Core.

I know that a lot of nutritionsts believe we should get at least 25 grams of fiber a day for health reasons and it helps you feel full - maybe reason for new plan moniker?

Thanks everyone with the new plan for posting all this info. I wish I had some good stuff to share!

Melissa

Lynx
07-18-2007, 08:12 PM
From my limited knowledge of the new plan and hearing stories from existing clients of LAWL, I think it is possible that people are too used to saving their servings and eating too much for dinner and after dinner. How many calories does one person burn that late in the day or when you are sleeping? I think that the strategy should be to eat big in the am and at lunch. I know this is a drastic change for some people especially those people who formally skipped breakfast or ate very little in the am. I, for one, have tried to follow Bob Greene and Oprah's advice and not have anything to eat after 7:00 pm or within 3 hours of bedtime. Maybe it takes up to 2 weeks, for some people to figure out how to get all the food in early enough in the day. This is especially true to those on plan 3 or 4.

WITeresa
07-18-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm on 3... I'm very excited about the 4 starches, but my book only lists bread, cereal, crackers and snacks. Does that mean that pasta and rice are out?

Also, my protein is limited to fish, poultry, shellfish and lean veal. No beef or pork. Is that what everyone else on 3 has?

The COD told me that people have been having great success with this plan, losing about 3 pounds per week. Also, she said I'd stay on it for 4 weeks, and at the end of that time it would be up to me if I wanted to continue with this plan, or go back to purple w/lites. I can't wait to see how things go... ;)

tzulover
07-18-2007, 09:33 PM
WIT -- did you get the "menu plan kit" with your #3 diary? Lots of starches are listed, but under the column were you aren't to have them too often.... According to my counselors - the caloric amount is the SAME as the old plans, just stuff is divided differently. With a few new things we can partake of too.

laura

WITeresa
07-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Yup, they gave me an LA Express menu plan kit with my #3 diary. The counselor told me that there were fewer choices, and never said anything about any other starches that aren't in this book. It just lists breads (9 choices listed), cereals (4 choices - but she told me Kashi 1/2 cup is a starch), crackers (5 choices listed) and snacks (popcorn and rice cakes listed). It doesn't list the daily servings in the menu plan kit, just in the #3 diary. Did I get the same as everyone else on #3?

Thanks!

Lynx
07-18-2007, 10:28 PM
Hey Teresa question for you,
We go to the same COD right? When I asked on Monday about implementation of the new plan they told me 2 or 3 more weeks because they were waiting for their supplies. I am currently on gold with lites. Boy, this has me really confused because several weeks ago I was told that at my center gold clients would be given the plan first. Also I was there weighing in today. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I am not eligible to do a TO. Does the four week LA Express have a TO as part of it?

WITeresa
07-18-2007, 10:35 PM
Well, the counselor I saw today said that everyone wouldn't be getting it for a couple more weeks. Maybe because I've been stuck for a few weeks at about the same weight? Maybe they felt sorry for me? I don't really know why...

It does say that you CAN use TO once you reach your third week, and can be used every 14 days... Nothing saying you have to use TO... So, your guess is as good as mine as to why they gave it to me and not you. ;)

Please let me know when you do get it which plan kit they give you. It doesn't sound like they gave me the same as everyone else is getting, so I'm just curious if they gave me the wrong kit, or if there's a reason they gave me this kit. :dizzy:

Lynx
07-18-2007, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the info Teresa. Good luck to you and I hope this gets you unstuck. I am going out of state on Friday so I probably will not be back there until Tuesday.

SummerLuvin
07-18-2007, 10:59 PM
Hi Teresa and Lynn. I just joined LAWL today (same Junction Rd center as you)!

I dont officially start until Monday since I cant get back in for program explanation until Tuesday (because they are booked up on Fri, Sat & Mon).
I am disappointed by that. I wanted to start right away.

Anyways, I will let you know what plan they put me on Tuesday. Since I am a newbie, maybe I will get the new plan??

6digmans
07-18-2007, 11:27 PM
Well I did a total cheat today. Guess I was annoyed about gaining 1.5 lbs from teh menu change so I decided well wahts the difference if i eat this YUMMY cheese cake , I had half and I may pay for it but i figure well they switched me and what the heck, I know sham sham . I have NEVER cheated 1 since i started until today.
I am irritated about the change causeing a gain and I am upset I have followed the rules. I did what they said , they never said this could happen so I wonder if she is trying to "keep me quiet " by telling me what ever she feels like or if its true. I am sure I will regret this piece of cheese cake, but right now I am so bugged by this.

If its not broke why fix it, and if your fixing it lay all the info on the line what will happen what might happen instead of saying here you go and not warn you of anything. I guess I am a big cry baby cause they did not lay it all out in black and white. Guess I think there was some dishonesty/ or partial truth there that i did not get.
I guess I am in the its not working mode the past 2 days.

Sorry if i bring anyone down

have a good night!!!

Katy66
07-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Lynn - I think you are probably right about saving the food to the end of the day. I'm definetely having trouble getting all my food in. Not only do I get 4 starches now, 2 slices of lite WW count as only one. You can have a sandwich for lunch and still need to get in 3 more starches. I won't know the outcome of my first week on new plan until Friday but so far my home scale is showing down slightly.

Melissa - It is JUST LIKE ww core. My mom did that years ago and this is so much like what she ate. Hey it worked for her then so I'm going to assume it will work now.

Steph - Hate that you are so discouraged. Just put your cheesecake indiscretion behind you and focus on your goals. I'm sure you will find some success and if the new plan just absolutely doesn't work for you I'm confident they will work with you to go back on your purple plan. Heck, if they don't you know what the plan is...just switch back on your own. I would give the new a good chance though!

stitchinchick
07-19-2007, 09:11 AM
Hi all!
I just was put on Plan 3 the other day (I was formerly Purple w/ Lites). I tried to eat all of those starches yesterday, but considering that I have a hard time getting my 2 in, trying to get 4 in (and some of the starches I ate previously that counted as 1 now only count as a 1/2) was impossible. I think that I am going to stick with my Purple w/ Lites and ask to continue on the old program (I'll go to Gold w/ Lites in about 10 pounds). I just thought I'd say that it is a WHOLE LOTTA FOOD, and for me, I wasn't really doing the Carb Cravers before, so while someone who was using CC's a lot probably isn't feeling the big difference (since there are no more CC's, you just count them as they are and most CC's had a lot of starches involved) -- for me, I did well on Atkins (referring to Cassi's post) and I did/do very well on the lower starches program. I'm down almost 30 pounds at this point, and I haven't had a "true" (other than TOM or sometimes that sodium got me on vacation) gain since I started - I am certainly NOT going to start now b/c they've changed THEIR program. I agree with the girl before and if I have to, I will do the old program on my own, but continue to weigh in and keep a journal...I'll just pretend like I'm really flaky and never remember to bring my journal to WI!!
Can't wait to hear others experiences on the new plan...

aguerin
07-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Snowdogs: I pulled my information for the purple plan from katy66's post on pg 8 of this thread. Does someone have other information for purple?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116726&page=8

dawn78
07-19-2007, 10:39 AM
Amy – the plan you emailed to me, on page 3 it says “Congratulation! It’s week five & you are on the road to success.” Do you know what plan they have people on for the first 4 weeks? Maybe it’s the plan Teresa got which is more limited. Just a thought.

notonadiet
07-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Hey all! The new plan seems to be working well! I am down 4 pds in 7 days! (I havent lost 4 pds in 7 weeks) LOL! I am seeing with the clients I have an initial gain, but within a few days a great drop. As Lynn said a water weight gain! Keep your chins up! it works if you stay positive!!!!!!!

Oh and the new plan has 2 phases.... sounds like some are starting on the Express phase, the first 4 weeks, Limited....so no pasta, rice, pork or beef(except veal) But you may have frozen meals with those items. The second phase is the new Free to Live Menu!

dawn78
07-19-2007, 10:47 AM
Notonadiet - thanks for clearing that up. What part of the country are you in? What phase of the new plan are you on?

living the lifestyle
07-19-2007, 11:58 AM
Hey all,

I wanted to share what I learned from the COD. First, the manager at my center is great & I have never had any problems with them forcing products or the other complaints I've read in various forums. She seems genuine about helping you lose your weight and is quick to pull out her before "fat" pictures to show you she knows how hard it is and she had to lose her weight without LAWL. Anyways, I said all that to say that I really trust what she says.

I weighed in last Friday and saw a counselor who briefly told me that there was a new plan coming with more starches, etc... but she couldn't give it to me until Monday. I called my center Monday and talked to the manager to make sure they were opened late enough for me to make it and said & I'll get my new plan? She said that it would depend because not everyone was going on the new plan and she would look over my file & for me to see her when I came in.

Well, I went in that evening and she said that basically, they were applying the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" rule when switching clients over. If a client was losing real well on the old program they would not be switching them until they hit a plateau. However, some clients were struggling & had plateaued for months and they were switching them over. My mother was one who was only losing ounces at a time and was going to be switched over. She said looking at my file I was losing good on the old plan & she did not recommend switching me. (I had gained 1.8lbs previous week but had lost 2lbs, 3lbs, & 3lbs the previous three weeks.)

I explained that I was very sick of the program and about to crack and needed something new with more starches. From the beginning, I have been POP. After begging her, she did agree to let me move to the new plan, but stated she didn't recommend it and I could gain on it. We agreed I would try it for a week and if I gained, I needed to go back on the old plan. She also told me that I may initially gain & my next weigh-in may show a gain, but it should be off by the end of my first week. When going over the plan she told me the following things:

1) First 4 weeks is LA Express & there was NO eating out for 4 weeks. She made sure that I would commit to not eating out for 4 weeks.
2) She did say that this plan recommended doing take off every 2 weeks. I asked about using cantelope instead of the TO juice and she said with the weight I was currently at she wouldn't recommend it & if I didn't want to use the juice I was just better off not to do the TO. I do not plan on doing TO on this new plan, as I can't justify $25 for a bottle of juice. She seemed ok with that.
3) After 4 weeks on this new plan, two things would happen. They would either switch me to another plan (not back to the old one), or I would stay on this Express plan. She wouldn't let me see the next plan & said to take it one step at a time.

I was on Purple with lites and moved to plan 3. As everyone knows from previous posts that is 3P/4V/3F/4S/2F/2D & 2 lites. Some of the big things I noticed on the Express is this

1) No ketchup for condiments
2) No nuts can be used for fat (although they are still allowed as protein)
3) No raisins for fruit
3) Bananas and pears are now 1 fruit for a whole, but it is only 4 ounces which is incredibly small, so you will probably still be eating a half (and that weight is with peel!)
4) You cannot have fruit juice as a fruit
5) You cannot use the V8 Fusion or Fusion Lite for fruits and veggies
6) No Kashi cereal (you can have Fiber1, Corn Flakes, & Shredded Wheat)
7) unlimited Splenda, SF Jello, & I can't believe it's not butter spray
These are the items that made a difference to me.

Then there are all the other things others have posted. My counselor warned me to look up everything because you may not realize it's not allowed on this new plan or the portion is different. She said you have to get the Free to Live plan (old plan) completely out of your head.

So far I have been on this for two days & LOVE it. I haven't gained and it looks like I could be down a couple of tenths. I weigh in tomorrow & will let you know.

My advice is don't go on this program without information from your counselor. It is a whole lot different than Free to Live & if you just take the portions listed on this post and try to adapt the Free To Live Program it is not the same. You need all the information, to get it right and I would hate for you to gain weight because you ate raisins as a fruit, which isn't allowed!

Hope this helps,
Kathryn (sorry for the long post):o

6digmans
07-19-2007, 01:01 PM
I wonder if it water tht I gained now that I have heard someone said about retaining water.
I used lemon water to clean out the other day and it cleaned everything out!

i think they changed this so they can sucker you into the juice at 24.99 a crack.

I will see what happens at weigh in today. I guess with having such GREAT results , now I feel like its been sabataged( sp?). I have zero interest in 50$ amonth in juice to tell you the truth!

Guess I should take a break from board til my mood is better. I feel like I never started LAWL. Never thought a 1.5 would make me so mad, guess if i cheated I would not feel this way. What can I say I am moody the past few days!

notonadiet
07-19-2007, 01:10 PM
Dawn-I am in South Dakota, I work in my COD, LOL! I am doing the express phase.

Living-We were not trained to tell clients that they could not eat out for 4 weeks, so I dont know why they would tell you that. I can tell you that I have eaten out 2 times.... I seem to being doing fine. It is truly just about making smart choices.

I am really loving this site and all of the support everyone is giving! Luck to all, and if you have questions I can help with, let me know!

dolphn545
07-19-2007, 01:13 PM
Steph - you're venting, and you're entitled to do that here without judgment. Remember that we are all here for you. We have all been where you are at some point or another, we have all eaten something that we shouldn't have, and the majority of us have been suckered into buying things we could do without.

This is my 4th time starting LAWL. So I've obviously made a few cheats or else I would be at goal by now. The trick is to move on, and don't allow your cheat to mess up your plan.

If you're still unhappy and gaining with the new plan, see if you can stick with the plan that was working for you.

Don't be discouraged. Just try to learn from your choices. Remember that we are here for you to support and motivate.

dolphn545
07-19-2007, 01:17 PM
By the Way -- :goodluck: at WI!!!

Also, I can't speak specifically about the new program because my COD has no clue what I'm talking about, and I'm still on colors. But I just wanted to tell you to hang in there! :)

Lynx
07-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Hi notonadiet,
I am sorry I don't know your first name. What numbered plan are you on?
Thanks for the info
Kathryn - thanks for the detailed info - every bit of information helps us.

WITeresa
07-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Notonadiet - Thanks for the info! Now it makes sense! I was confused... :dizzy:

And Jennifer, welcome to the Junction Road center! You start Fast Forward on Monday? Good luck! Let me know what plan you get on Tuesday! ;)

Lynx
07-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Yes, Jennifer - welcome to our Junction Road community of losers. If you need help finding certain products in local stores, I am sure either Teresa or I can help with that.

Katy66
07-19-2007, 02:34 PM
Stephanie - I'm sorry you are so discouraged. We've all been there! Just keep your goals in mind and you can make it through this setback. We are here to listen whenever you need us!

tzulover
07-19-2007, 05:09 PM
funny how different things can be.

My counselors KNOW i am about to go off on vacation for about a month -- not a one said I couldn't go out!!!!! For the first week & a half, I'll be living in hotels......

I was given the new plan and list so that I would have time to read them over GOOD and ask questions before going off on the vacations. When I read the first part with the congratulations -- I took it to mean it was directed to those just starting LAWL. Getting them off all the sugar and fats......

For some of us, there WILL be a bit of a gain, and that's because of the increas of fiber. Our body will readjust and then we'll go down. But those who did this diet all lost and lost better than before!! I was PROMISED I would love the change and I would lose!!!!

As for getting stuck, losing and relosing pounds --- VERY discouraging. I have been doing that for almost 3 weeks now. The girl I saw yesterday said she hit a plateau for almost 4 months, then suddenly it stopped and she had a big loss -- so hang in there Stephanie!!!!

laura

FatGalnAL
07-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Something I noticed on my new plan book. The first sentence on page 3 under "Keys to your Success" it says "Congratulations! It's week five and you are on the road to success". Where does the week 5 come in? I guess they gave me the plan and are not having me do the limited 4 week program first? I'm not sure.

Katy66
07-19-2007, 06:09 PM
I think that is for the folks who do express for the first 4 weeks. I saw that too.

tzulover
07-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Found my new portion booklet.

You can still have raisins on this new plan --- 2 Tbsp, just don't do them every day. They write that you'll feel fuller if you choose grapes over raisins, cucumbers over pickles - because of the higher water content.

Nuts -- they are under vegetarian protein and under fat categories.

Most of the portion sizes have changed, that's how they were able to come up with this "feel full" program I think.

Ketchup is under the Consume Infrequently category of condiments - which they have written: choose up to 3 per day.

I can't find where we have to chose between weighing fruit with or without peels....

Fruit juice is under the Consume Infrequently category. Unsweetened is 1/2 cup. 100% fruit juice, any flavor: 1 cup.

The V8 juice, low sodium is under Consume Infrequently, 1/2 cup. I don't see the Fusion listed on neither of the plans.

Kashi cereals is listed under Starches - 1/2 cup; Fiber One is 3/4 cup.

S/F jello is unlimited; the FF and Lite Cool Whip is 2 Tbsp up to 3 per day (if that's the only condiment you use under the Consume Infrequently category)

Hope this helps....

laura

living the lifestyle
07-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Hey guess I should clarify my earlier post. That was for the 4 week Express program. I haven't seen the new one that starts with week 5, but I am glad to see ketchup is back.

Kathryn

living the lifestyle
07-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Oh & also Ttzu...

about weighing with the peel on (for bananas). We called our center and asked and that was what they told us. Of course, next time you call you can get a different answer!

mgresso
07-19-2007, 11:18 PM
While my center doesn't have the new plans yet, I have been asking about them. And I asked again today at WI. (I'm down 35 lbs. now BTW!!!) My counsellor told me that they don't kow everything yet but she did know that they are following the glycemic index now. I don't know much about that but I have heard of it. Specifically, she told me that things they had been "scared" of in the past, like carrots and bananas because of the high sugar content, have been found to actually aid in weight loss becuase your body doesn't break them down and process them as starch and sugar like they thought. They actually break them down as a whole, I guess, and it helps keep you full longer and more energized. Maybe that's part of the rationale for the bulk of the changes??

wahm56
07-20-2007, 10:24 AM
Dr. Rob Thompson has a great book on Glycemic load and how to calculate them.

I bought it and read it through.

The glycemic load diet is more of a diabetic type diet and low carb. It isn't as strict as Atkins and allows fruit, however they say you should eat it immediately following a meal to reduce the sugar shock to your body.

Diane

Snowdogs
07-20-2007, 10:37 AM
Yes - all fruit & veggie "sugars"/starches are actually "good" for you ones - they break down way different than complex carbs found in processed foods.

Mgresso - congrats on the loss so far !!! Excellent.

wahm56
07-20-2007, 10:40 AM
I am happy with LAWL and the plan I am on. I haven't tried the new one, but being a former Atkins dieter, the starches/carbs are something I really don't want to add more off. Its hard to change my frame of mind on that.

I do lose when I don't cheat on the Red 1 plan. I find it much easier and more doable than WW. Actually, I think for me, and I have tried just about everything out there, LAWL is by far the best.

I hope I can just stay on what I am on. They don't know of the new program in my area, so that is positive for now and if they give you the option to stay on the old, then I will probably take it..unless of course it quits working, etc.

They did change their name here and are introducing info about glycemic load..read that book and have it too.

Oh, well...gotta go with the flow I guess.

Diane

mgresso
07-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Oh yeah, and my center is changing it's name to Pure Weight Loss.

jsully75
07-20-2007, 12:24 PM
WOW! Iím a bit jealous. Iíd kill to be able to have that many starches. But Iím having a hard time getting in all my food as it is (if you can believe it). Best of luck. I hope I get to keep this plan for a bit since I need to get used to it.

cerwin4au
07-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Someone may have already posted this information, but since I just met with my counselor last night and went over the new plan I thought I would share.

For folks who are joining for the first time, they are given a shorter list of foods at first. Their food lists do not include the foods that are categorized as "Consume Infrequently" in the new program. An example would be bagels, white english muffins, red meats, fattier fish, etc. These foods are added in later. My counselor suggested that for speedier results, I might want to stay away from the "consume infrequently" foods and put myself on the express version.

One thing I like is that they've given you a nutritional guide to help determine if frozen meals are suitable for the plan. I love this because there are some frozen meals I like that weren't listed on the plan before. So now I can determine for myself if they're allowable without having to ask.

As far as my plan (I was Gold with lites), I gained 1/2 protein, 1 starch and 1 dairy. I lost 1 fruit, but the fruit servings have changed somewhat (like a small banana is now 1 fruit, not 1/2 fruit). The emphasis of this program is on higher fiber foods and also more dairy. There has been quite a bit of research done on the merits of dairy and weight loss.

The one thing I haven't done in the past (but should have) is actually measure my vegetables. As an old WW, I viewed them as unlimited. Well, 3 cups of lettuce is now 1 vegetable. Last night I measured out 3 cups of lettuce and it was a ton of food!! When I poured it onto my plate it covered 3/4 of the plate. Who knew!! So, I'm vowing to really follow this to the letter (POP) and hope to see the scale moving down again. I continue to bounce up and down on a few pounds. (My fault entirely, I'm sure).

autry
07-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Hi everyone,
Well I got the new plan today. I am a little freaked out by the more starch and dairy. I don't do change well and was feeling quite comfortable with the old plan.(Been on it for 4 months) I am going to give it an honest effort and hope for the best. I am on plan 3 which is:
3P, 4V, 3F, 4S, 2D, 2F, and 2 lites.
I too would like to try to get the majority of the food in the first half of the day and still do a light dinner and not eat after 7 pm.
Deep breath, deep breath, deep breath :^:

stitchinchick
07-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Oh my goodness...this is EXACTLY how I felt the other day! I have been on for 4 months too (started 4/1) and have been steadily losing between 2 - 3# a week. I had finally settled into a nice little routine getting everything in but still losing steadily - I have a hard time getting my starches & my dairy in; and that is EXACTLY what freaked me out about the new plan - 2 more starches??!! Another dairy??!!
I'm taking deep breaths with you!!!!!

Katy66
07-20-2007, 02:19 PM
The kicker is that things count differently. You can have 2 pieces of lite ww bread and it is one starch. So even after a sandwich you get 3 more starches.

stitchinchick
07-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Right...and for someone like me, who was really struggling to get those 2 pieces of light bread in (but was so excited to have them in & done with!) to think that I would technically have to eat 6 more slices of bread is a real downer.
However, someone did mention earlier that the thought is NOT to eat 8 pieces of bread, but rather to add some variety to your diet and eat some rice; eat some bread; eat a little potato or something like that (although on that note, I do have to say that I was shocked to see that white potato was NOT a limited starch; and yet the low fat graham crackers are limited).

MTdebster921
07-20-2007, 03:25 PM
I haven't been following this thread, but today decided to skim through it. This new plan has been in my center for about 4-5 months. We were the test center for it. They put me on Gold2 which is now called plan2. I am seeing a lot of discouraging remarks and some discouraged people. I would just like to tell you all a few things and hopefully you won't feel like I am stepping on some toes. First off, it does work!! Secondly, yes you may initially have a gain. Most people will stall or have a slight gain when they change programs. Third, give it a chance!!! Honestly try it with open arms for 2 weeks, if you don't see a drop or a change after that then talk to your counselors and explain this to them and keep explaining it to them until someone listens to you. I wouldn't suggest staying on the old program and fudging the books, it's not right to you or to the program. I had a 5 lb. gain when I started it, but I have been at this for A LONG time and knew that was going to happen with me. If you are having trouble getting all the foods in, then look in the recipe threads for some recipes to combine your portions. I have a pretty big recipe book compiled in a word document if you need ideas, PM me with your email addy and I will send it out to you.

It is a proven fact that weight loss is at least 80% mental. You need to have an open mind and a good attitude about it or it just isn't going to work. So put on your big girl panties, put a smile on your face, eat your food and lose that weight!!!!:drill: I really mean that in the nicest way possible;).

myboysnme2
07-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Ohhh Deb I know you are soooo right but my brain still thinks it is so wrong! I'm having a hard time teaching that old dog that lies within me:D

Thank you for the kick,
KimS

living the lifestyle
07-20-2007, 04:42 PM
Hey guys, me & mom went to weigh in today after being on the program for 4 days. I had a .6 gain and she had a .8. We are trying to be positive and know that it is because of switching, but it is sure hard when you do perfect and gain weight. I am hoping by the next time, we will be back on track.

Kathryn

living the lifestyle
07-20-2007, 04:42 PM
I meant on the NEW program

Repo girl
07-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Big girl panties, hehe, that's funny Deb. Great advice!

Katy66
07-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Deb - I love that saying...my boss actually has a little thing on her desk with the same quote.

Anyway, I do think the new plan works. I've been on a week and I did lose 1lb. I would have liked it to have been more but all in all since I'm adjusting I think that was great. My struggle is changing those habits I've taught myself the past few months. It is a shock to the system and the brain. My meal planning is very different now! Thanks for the advice too on the recipes... getting stuff in combo would help.

FatGalnAL
07-21-2007, 12:16 PM
I had my WI yesterday and I was down 2.4 lbs - since Wednesday! :D:carrot: I started the new plan on Thursday and also started Curves on Thursday as well. I was so afraid I was going to gain because at weigh in I was so full! I didn't have time to go on my lunch hour so I had to go after work - and a full day of EATING! After lunch yesterday I literally felt like I could puke I was so full. Hopefully this will continue and it isn't just a fluke, but either way....I'll take it! :D

living the lifestyle
07-21-2007, 01:47 PM
I just wanted to post a question for all of you who have been on the new plan for a couple of weeks. Did you initially have a gain? If so, how much? How long did it take until you started to show a loss and what was the loss?

I have been on the new plan since Tuesday and gained .6 at my Friday weigh in.:( The scales look to be the same today & I was just wondering if others gained first, how much, and when they started to see the loss.

Kathryn

sparklegirl
07-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Make sure you ask your counselor if you are on the right plan. My counselors all seem to be confused about it and so I had them call the nutritionist to double check. I went from red w/lites to plan 2 and it is the exact same amount of food just exchanged differently. They tried to put me on plan 1 and I exercise a lot so I questioned it. My sis is not doing the lites so she is on plan 3.

I don't know if that helps or not, but maybe if you tell us what color you were on with the old plan, then we all can share info to see if you were switched to the right plan.

Hang in there!

cerwin4au
07-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Deb - thank you for your post a couple of days ago. It was great to hear from someone who has followed the new plan for a few months and has been successful in their weight loss. I also love the big girl panties saying!!

Regarding extra starches. Yes, it does seem strange to add in extra starches especially when you think about the number of pieces of light (high fiber) wheat bread that you could consume in a day. But, like someone else has said in an earlier post, it's about variety and it's about fiber. So many of us have bought into the low carb (or no carb) way of thinking, but we need carbs for our brains!! Don't forget that there are carbs in fruits and vegetables, not just in the foods listed under starches. We need those good complex carbohydrates.

One of the ways I've incorporated my additional starch is by adding 3/4 cup Fiber One to my morning smoothie (which I make with Dannon light and fit vanilla yogurt - only 80 cal for 8 oz., frozen fruit and a little water). :carrot: And, I am thrilled to be able to have a sandwich without using all of my carbs for the day. (I have three carbs now, instead of the two I was allotted before).

FatGalnAL
07-23-2007, 05:32 PM
I was on Red with lites before and they put me on plan 4. I now have an extra protein, extra fruit, 2 extra dairies (3 total), 2 extra starches (5 total) and an extra fat.

3 1/2 proteins
4 veg
4 fruit
5 starches
3 dairies
2 fats
2 Lites

Seems like I should have been put on Plan 2 as well but for some reason the extra food is working. I've lost 2.9 lbs. since Wednesday and was put on the plan on Thursday.

cerwin4au
07-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Hi Alabama Gal - Sounds like you are on the right plan for you. I was on Gold with lites and they moved me to Plan 2. It wasn't a drastic change in food, just an extra starch, fat and dairy and one less piece of fruit. With the portion sizes changing, the actual calories didn't change much.

BeckyB759
07-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to run this by you all because I know you have experience with the LAWL plan - I have been on the plan (plan 3) and POP for 11 days now - and when I first started I lost 1 lb right away on the TO then I lost about .4 more over that week - well when i WI on last Friday I had actually gained 1 lb back ( in 2 days as I WI MWF).. talk about freak me out! I know I need to give it some time but I can't help but feel like I am eating sooo much. I go in and WI today in a few hours and I am just dreading the scale. All the counselor told me on Friday was that my body was just "getting used to the food" and to "give it some time" ... ok.. well.. how much time? 3 more days and it will be 2 weeks on plan - and I dont know if i can take another gain! Please tell me if I am getting worried over nothing - I know part of it has to be all the water I have been drinking - as I normally drink about 1.5 of those liters before I WI as I tend to WI about 530 pm each day - but still.. I did the warm lemon water for 2 days before my gain!! Please let me know what I need to expect - I want to stay with this - I haven't had any 2nd thoughts about it till last Friday and I really haven't had any problems staying POP so far - I weigh my food and plan my meals a day ahead so it has really been easy so far - just that the weight loss portion hasn't met my expectations. What do you all think????? Thank you in advance for the advice!!!!!!!!

cerwin4au
07-23-2007, 06:35 PM
Becky,

Don't get discouraged!!! I'm like you in that I have to weigh in the evening, and I know that my water weight can fluctuate quite a bit. What I've been doing is tracking my own weight at home in the morning (BNWI). I've seen more of a loss at home at times than at the center, and i have really good scales that maintain their accuracy.

On any diet plan you should be able to see 1-2 pounds weight loss per week. Typically, most people will see a big weight loss at first, but I usually don't so that can be very distressing when everyone else seems to be doing so. If you don't lose today, it will be interesting to hear what your counselor tells you.

One question - have you increased your exercise during this same period? Sometimes if you do this when you haven't been exercising a lot (particularly weight training) then you will not see any results at the scale or may even see a gain. It has to do with the muscles retaining water, which they will eventually let go of. I can't explain the science behind it; read Bob Green's "Making the Difference" book for more information.

Above all - hang in there. You may need to tweak your plan a bit.

sparklegirl
07-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Now I am starting to wonder if I am not on the wrong plan. Any thoughts?
Red w/ lites- switched to plan 2 - exercise 6 + hours per week plus work on my feet. ( I am a baker/pastry chef if you can believe that- thats why I need LAWL to help me stay on track)

MTdebster921
07-23-2007, 10:38 PM
Sparklegirl- When you first said you were on red with lites, I was going to say that I didn't think that was right, but I deleted it when I looked and saw that you only weighed 148. But if you exercise 6+ hours a week, you may indeed be on the wrong program. I would give it some time and see if you are losing if you don't then I would question the counselor again. Plan 2 is essentially in between the purple and gold plan, so you have been dropped at least a plan.

sparklegirl
07-23-2007, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the info MTDebster -I will be on alert. Its been so hot here that my appetite is a little lower than normal so I don't feel like I am under eating. It's funny how I get more correct info from this forum than my COD!!!!!!! I will keep everyone posted on my progress. I have only been on the new plan for 1 week so we will see.

cerwin4au
07-23-2007, 11:43 PM
I'm happy to report that I had my WI tonight, the first since starting the new plan last Thursday, and I lost 2 pounds!!! I haven't lost that much at a WI in a very long time. I'm thrilled!!!:carrot:

mnauer
07-24-2007, 08:30 AM
Congratulations on your loss!! It's nice to hear some positive news about this new plan. Your on the plan 2?? I hope this new new plan continues to go well for you. I'd really like to get back on the wagon and give it a try. Keep up the good work!~ Mary

aguerin
07-24-2007, 09:16 AM
Congrats Cathleen. I have been on the new plan for about a week and the scale is finally heading in the right direction.

BeckyB759
07-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Hi ya'll!
OK Cathleen you were right...I went in for my WI yesterday afternoon - and wouldn't you know I lost 2 lbs since Friday! So that means now i have lost the 1lb gain I had last week and then one more pound over the weekend.. I was really getting worried for nothing I suppose! I did everything the same though - and I am thinking that I am just holding on to a lot of that water I have been drinking.. but it took a few days for the lemon water to work for me. When I got on the scale at my house this morning it said 233/234 sooo i suppose I am a little farther along then I thought but by the afternoon I have fluctuated quite a bit. I wish I had time to WI in the morning...lol.. I'd be showing a bigger loss! Anyway I will keep WI in the afternoon and just use that as my marker for weight loss... Thanks again for the words of encouragement.. I needed it !!!!

cerwin4au
07-24-2007, 05:42 PM
Becky - glad to hear your news!!! Hope we all keep heading down the scale.

SummerLuvin
07-24-2007, 07:02 PM
I got my plan today, after being on Take Off for the 2 days. I was put on plan #3 with the LA Express Menu Options.

Meaning for 4 weeks, no beef, no pork, no alcohol, no fast food, no rice, no pasta, no potatoes.

The hardest thing will be the no beef, I really love and crave steak (and usually eat lean cuts of it anyways). But in 4 weeks, hopefully I can have it again!

notonadiet
07-25-2007, 11:13 AM
Summer.... keep in mind for the first 4 weeks you can use frozen entrees....ie: pasta, rice, beef!!! So find some healthy choice and have at it!

BeckyB759
07-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Hey summer!
I just wanted to say that I am right there with ya - I am on the express also - i have been OP for 2 weeks now - I know what you mean about the no beef or potato's for 4weeks but if you hang in there you will see after a few days you find things to make up for it off the food list that you can have. I have learned to eat things already that I really enjoy that I would never have tried had it not been for LAWL.. Like the mahi mahi... if you need cooking ideas let me know - but my counselor told me after the 4 weeks you get to bring back alot of the stuff that isn't included this time soo there is hope at the end of the tunnel! LOL... And you can eat out - but it has to be from food items on the list - so far the only thing i have found thats easy and generally you can find at most fast food or restaurants is a grilled chicken salad.. with light dressing ofcourse - but you can get a lot of your vegetable servings in this way and most places dont use more then the 4 oz of chicken you are allowed in a serving.. Hope this helps!!! I am on plan 3 also - so if you get any good ideas for cooking or what not please let me know too!!!
Thanks!!

VIRGO062
07-26-2007, 01:50 PM
I went in today to get a new journel and my cod said I would be starting the new Free To Live plan. I was on purple w/lites. I get 1/2 more protein and 1 extra starch (yippie) it's a high fiber diet. I was told not to start it until next week. Seems to be a lot if "consume infrequently" foods on this plan

SummerLuvin
07-26-2007, 06:50 PM
Summer.... keep in mind for the first 4 weeks you can use frozen entrees....ie: pasta, rice, beef!!! So find some healthy choice and have at it!

I did ask, so I assume the frozen dinners are not suppose to have beef (since its no beef and others for the 4 weeks) and she looked at me really confused. Like I was the first person every to ask that. She kinda thought about it for like a minute and said no I guess they shouldnt have beef.

Well that didnt seem like a real answer to me. It should state so in the info, if the frozen dinners have restrictions other the the calorie, fat, carbs, protein and fiber...shouldnt it??

mgresso
07-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Has anybody thought to ask about the effects this is going to have on the cookbook? Since portion sizes are changing the recipes will be incorrect, right? They'll probably just look at us dumbfounded and say something like, "Ummm...Yeah...just adjust it to the new portion sizes." Or better yet, "Yeah, we know. We're releasing a new cookbook and it'll be $50. You just have to replace your old one. Give me more money please!" ;)

Pastrey
07-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Mgresso - I was going to ask the same thing!! I use my cookbook all the time.

notonadiet
07-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Hey summer! In my COD (i am the assistant manager) We are encouraging people to use the FE in any flavor they wish, and with great results, I had one yesterday with beef and potatos, and am down 1.8 today! So, what they dont know wont hurt em!

SummerLuvin
07-27-2007, 01:40 PM
I kinda thought that too. I did eat a lean cuisine Chicken Potstickers (with rice) last night and I just put it as frozen entree in my journal and then listed the stats (x calories, x fat..ect).

Those will definatly help me with my chinese cravings!

JLem311
08-02-2007, 12:04 PM
just finally am going to get around to reading all the posts on this thread since i just got switched today to the new numbered plans. i was going to be on #3, but decided not to do the bars anymore (i was doing lunas and i'm just tired of them) so i'm on #4. never imagined that i'd be getting so much stuff to eat! dang!
so now i have 3.5 proteins, 4 veggies, 4 fruits, 5 starches, 2 dairy and 2 fat.

i'm kinda leary and excited at the same time. :) i got put on the LA Express for 4 weeks to up my WL average since it's only about 1.6lbs/week.

hopefully this is a good change for LAWL clients....we'll see what it does for me.

ok, gonna go and read the other posts on this thread now.

anyone have anymore updates on their progress and/or WL?

JLem311
08-02-2007, 12:06 PM
oh and since i'm vegetarian the only thing that i thought kinda sucked was the veggie burgers count only 1 as a protein (since they cut the portions down) but egg beaters are 1 cup for a protein instead of 3/4 cup. :)

Lynx
08-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Hey Jillian -
Regarding the veggie burgers - since you have 3 1/2 proteins a day, you can have 2 of them at one meal.

Barb316
08-02-2007, 09:08 PM
So is plan2 the same as gold 2? Are the portions the same?

Lynx
08-02-2007, 09:41 PM
My understanding is that Plan 2 is the same as Gold 2. The protein sizes for all of the new plans are standardized to be 4oz for most proteins except beef, some fish which are fatty, lamb, pork and dark meat poultry are 3oz. Eggs are 2; egg substitute, fat free is now 1 cup.

living the lifestyle
08-03-2007, 08:44 AM
Just wanted to update everyone. I switched to the plan about two weeks ago & had gained and stayed the same. Finally, some results! After a 4 week plateau, I was down 1.4 this week!!!!

I am so excited to be heading in the right direction again. I was always afraid that if I hit a plateau I would get discouraged and quit, but I managed to stick to it.

That deserves a dancing carrot:carrot: or two:carrot::carrot:

Lynx
08-03-2007, 09:46 AM
Congratulations living the lifestyle - sorry I don't know your first name. It is good to hear when the scale starts moving downward again. Hope you have steady success.

JLem311
08-03-2007, 09:21 PM
My non-scientific $0.02...

With the new plan being more starches and the old plan being generally low in starches, this sounds like how people on Atkins gain weight when they go back to taking in carbs. Just like we had a big reduction at the beginning due to not eating as many carbs, maybe the initial reaction is your body getting used to digesting more carbs again? Something about how it processes them? Not sure of the science behind it, but maybe that's a general idea? Also, with five starches, no one is saying eat ten pieces of bread per day. You are supposed to eat a variety of food, not automatically turn to 2 slices of bread as your starch. Use this time to try some brown rice, a sweet potato, an ear of corn on the cob that's in season now. A bowl of cereal (or a yogurt parfait w/cereal). A bit of whole wheat pasta. Maybe with variety and a couple of weeks it will all level out.

very good logic, cassi! as always! i'm gonna save that answer because it really does make sense to me. :) thanks.

angelbretsmom
08-09-2007, 12:06 PM
HI! I went into my COD today and I am still fighting the same 2 lbs I lose then gain them back they told me they are now switching to the new menu plans, and I would find out what one I would be on tomorrow, as they have to cal the dietitican where I only have the one kidney but I will have my new plan tomorrow.
So can anyone tell me since I am 5'4" tall and 14 lbs away from my goal of 150 what plan I would be on?
They also have the new plates for sale and wanted to know if I wanted one, I told them I will wait and see when I get my new plan..

My question how is everyone doing on these new plans? would love to hear your results since I have been in a rut for a month now it might be the kick start my body needs again

Stacie

aguerin
08-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Stacie: You dont' really say what plan you are currently on so I am going to guess it is Gold. Here is the possible of the two plans that you will get.

Plan 1: for those on the Green Plan
2P, 2V, 2Fr, 2S, 1D, 1Fat

Plan 2 for those on the Gold Plan
2.5 P, 3V, 2Fr, 3S, 2D, 2Fat

I too was down to about 15 pounds to lose and they moved me to plan 1 of which I stayed on for about 3 weeks and I finally told them Monday (after recording it every other day in my diary) that I am HUNGRY. So they bumped me up to plan 2 and boy it has made all the difference in the world. I love all the "extra" food I am getting on Plan 2. I also lost 1.6 pounds from Monday to Wed this week after being moved.

I would skip the plate. Its just more ways to get your money. If you are already measuring your food what good is the plate? I do'nt sit down and eat all those portions at once anyway. Just my opinion.

Good luck with the new plan.

Mama Nicole
08-09-2007, 01:14 PM
I just emailed customer support on my la at home website and requested the new info............do you think they will send it to me?????

aguerin
08-09-2007, 02:04 PM
I doubt it Nicole. That would be too easy and bypass the CODs? I can send you the book in a file if you will send me a PM with email adress.

angelbretsmom
08-09-2007, 02:45 PM
sorry about that I am on purple right now and no lites, can't do them... so I wonder if it will be the same? thanks for the advise on the plate I thought it was another money grab thing...anyways..

Stacie

angelbretsmom
08-09-2007, 02:46 PM
opps forgot to ask does my not doing the lites make a differance and would I still be on plan 2 ? should know more tomorrow but I sure hate waiting...

Stacie

JLem311
08-09-2007, 03:39 PM
well, i'm happy to report that being on the new plan for a week has me down a pound! whoo! :)

aguerin
08-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Stacie:

I have two different notes on the purple plan from two differnt users. You will have to ask someone else, but this will give you an idea. THe starch is the only one different, and I would have to think it is 4 as it seems to increase per plan level.

3P, 4V, 3F, 4S, 2D, 2FATS
P3, V4, F3, S3, D2, Fat2

angelbretsmom
08-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Thanks, my COD just called and told me to come and get the new menu plan since they are like 2 minutes away from my work I went and picked it up since I am not doing lites they have me on daily menu plan 3

which consists of 3P, 4V, 3F, 4S, 2D, 2FATS

I am a little confussed about adding all this food in and worried that I will gain as well, lets hope not, I will start this tomorrow.

Here's to hoping I see a downward movement in the scale again soon

Stacie :D

aguerin
08-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Why wait until tommorow for what you can enjoy today? I couldn't wait to start eating all that extra food. I love it. It was like a free ticket to the buffet line.

Katy66
08-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Good luck Stacie, I'm on plan 3 with lites. I haven't gained but my loss has slowed down a bit. Not sure if it is the change in plans but just a natural plateau.

Mama Nicole
08-09-2007, 05:30 PM
well, I think I am going to start the new plan on Wednesday, as I am going to Wisconsin tomorrow and will be there until Tuesday night. I am going to stick with what I know until then, but I am very very very excited about this :)

And Jillian..........look at you......half way to goal!!! WTG!

JLem311
08-09-2007, 06:50 PM
thanks nicole! i would actually be like 12lbs from goal, but i bought more weeks and lowered my goal. :) but i'm super close to my original goal of 50lbs!

Lynx
08-09-2007, 06:53 PM
I am going to repeat what I just said in the Losers and Friends Thread because I believe it is so important -

*Angie and Nicole and anyone else currently on or going on the new "numbered" plans - my advice is to use a variety of starches and not rely heavily on just the bread category. Try to incorporate starchy vegetables into your daily plan. This is my personal belief. We were so used to rationing our few starches that all we think of is bread, muffins, pitas, etc. I think that people who are using at least one starchy vegetable a day are losing at a faster rate than those who are not. The more starches that you have in your plan the more important that this is.

Stacie - regarding your fear of trying to get all the food in. All I can say is start early in the day. Don't hold off and save food for later in the day. For example have a fruit and a dairy (yogurt?) first thing in the morning. Combine foods - I have been having one lite bar a day and for my second lite I have a lite shake combined with yogurt and a fruit (lite, D, Fr). I have to add a little bit of water to it so it is not too thick.

JLem311
08-09-2007, 06:58 PM
great advice on the starches lynn!
i wish that i could have starchy veggies while i was doing the 4wk express. boo. :( oh well, only 3 more weeks to go. i really don't eat many starchy veggies normally, but a variety from this restricted list will be great!

Mama Nicole
08-09-2007, 07:46 PM
I cannot tell you how excited I am to eat sweet potatos again :) I just love them :)

And thanks, Lynn...........it makes perfect sense!!!!

angelbretsmom
08-10-2007, 09:17 AM
I love sweet potatoes as well, expecially done on the bbq wrapped in tin foil and with some onions, and a little bit of butter, yummy... I may have some of those this weekend.
So far the new menu plans is alright I had a great breakfest
1 small egg
2 slices of turkey bacon
1 slice of ww bread
1 8oz glass of 1%milk

I am stuffed not used to eating so much for breakfest at all..so today is day 1 on the new plan will let you all know next week how I do for weight loss..

Thanks for the advise on the starches now that I am allowed more I can have my starchy veggies again..

Stacie

6digmans
08-10-2007, 11:31 AM
I wish you luck , I know alot of us found the scale does not drop very fast with the start of the new plan