Support Groups - Come out, come out where-ever you are (HoLF #23)

4myloves
06-27-2007, 05:43 PM
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Here at McSkinneys, our mission is to motivate, support and lose those pounds & inches. We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas. We would love to have you!!

:welcome2: :welcome3: :welcome2: :welcome3: :welcome2: :welcome3: :welcome2:

DeterminedLisa
06-28-2007, 01:09 AM
I'm not at my goal yet but I'm trying to switch to a maintenance
mindset for a while, maybe for the rest of the summer, and then
diet again hardcore in the fall. In some ways maintenance
is harder than losing. I can't
believe I'm saying that, but I guess I became over-dependent on
strict rules, and also I was really taking advantage of the
appetite suppression that happens with ketosis and low-carb diets.
So I'm working on this adjustment, but my appetite is really
strong. Some days I'm pretty naughty, especially if I'm
sleep-deprived. I'll be so incredibly angry at myself if I gain weight.
But I don't feel so hopeless about it because now I'm more confident
I know how to lose weight if I need to. The quality-of-life price tag
is pretty high, which is why I'm not working on it now, but it's
available to me if my weight gets out of control.

Lisa

ShelleyM
06-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Cheryl-I loved your stop message on #22.

Debbie-Good for you on the WI!

Lisa-Look how far you have come with your weight loss. You will do it, remember, this is a lifetime change.

4myloves
06-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Thanks, Shelley. Ya know, in the five years I've been here, I don't remember our group ever being this untalkitive!

Broken computers and wedding plans are keeping some usual talkers away.....

Don't know about the rest of us!

Lisa, glad you posted. I think it's a good idea to switch to a maintainance mindset even though your not at goal! You should really check out the maintainers fourm here--there's LOTS of great advice!

School starts next week. Can't say I'm excited about it yet. Maybe Monday a.m. at 6 it'll kick in? Doubt it though--I'm still burnt out!

4myloves
06-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Hmmmm.......

I swear the other day I was up to 2,000+ posts, because I read it and I was thinking that the last 1,000 went by really quickly!! The first 1,000 took YEARS--and it seems like just yesterday that I was bragging about my 1,000th post!

Now I'm back to less than 2,000. Weird.

Of course, I could just be going crazy :dizzy:

ShelleyM
06-30-2007, 07:07 AM
Cheryl-What does holf mean on the thread starter?

Carol101
06-30-2007, 08:24 AM
Good Morning Eveyone.

I am here. Sometimes lurking, but also being very busy. Sounds like eveyone is hanging in there. Congrats to the losers. Each pound lost is a cause for celebration.

I have been doing pretty this week. Staying on track this time.. Hopefully forever!!!

Maintenance has always been my downfall, so great going Lisa. I know you are going to to it!

Gotta work this morning, so I better scoot.
Hugs to all and Have a Wonderful Day!

Lynneye
06-30-2007, 09:56 AM
Finished one class on Thurs. and the next one starts on Monday. No break! Looking forward to August and having two weeks off! Then I go back to get ready for Sept. I know what you mean about burn out Cheryl!
I'm still in my cleaning spree. I have the bedroom all tore apart and waiting for the carpet to dry so I can put the bed back together! Then I can finish in there. It is so "furry" from the cats! I love my cats, but wish they were bald!!

Where is everyone? It has been so quiet here. Guess everyone's lives are crazy for now!

ShelleyM
06-30-2007, 10:20 AM
I lost .5 on my WI:( Not a big deal.

alinnell
06-30-2007, 11:45 AM
holf=Home of the Loozing Floozies.

Doing good here. Still on track although the weight isn't coming off as fast as I had hoped. But down 3 from my stinking 145.5! Will update my ticker soon. I rather liked the 140 better, but should get there in another week or so, then it will REALLY be all down hill from there!

Everyone have a great weekend. I'm off to buy some shorts for my trip to Hawaii.

ShelleyM
07-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Yay, Allison on the WI!! Duh!! I couldn't figure holf out:)

4myloves
07-02-2007, 11:37 AM
:bb:

:preg:

:book2:

(maybe not in that order!)

gdeann
07-02-2007, 01:18 PM
CHERYL! OH my goodness!!! Are you preggers?????? Auntie Gayle is sooooooo excited if you are!!!!! Please don't keep me wondering long!!

4myloves
07-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Yup :o

Just got the little + yesterday. (I hope it wasn't a false positive!! Does that happen!? I'd be so embarassed and disappointed!)

alinnell
07-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Congrats! False negatives are seen more often than false positives (if I remember correctly).

Lynneye
07-02-2007, 05:01 PM
Congrats! What great news!

SuzyMc
07-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Congratulations Cheryl! I'm so happy for you and Stewart!

We are starting hospice care for my dad this week. He is really declining and can hardly walk. He is spending most of his time in bed now and can't be alone at all, so I am going to start going over in the afternoons on days that I don't have the girls to give my sister a break. Otherwise she is going to burn out being there all day long every day and then having to work on weekends besides. Hopefully having help from the hospice people will give us all some relief too. Please continue to keep my dad and the rest of my family in your prayers...these are difficult times.

4myloves
07-02-2007, 06:22 PM
Oh, Suzy, I really feel for you :hug:

Did you know that Gayle was a hospice volunteer? I don't know if she still is (are you?), but I'll bet she can give you some encouragement.

Deelite
07-02-2007, 08:30 PM
GUESS WHO'S BACK?????

I am back, it's me Dee!

I love you all. I have so much catching up to do.....

I did see that I need to congratulate Cheryl for a little bundle.

Congrats to you Gayle for the future wedding of Liz's.

Suzy I am sorry to hear that Dad is not doing well.

Sherry what awesome weight loss. go girl go.

Allison a trip to Hawaii, that is awesome.

Carol I am glad to see that you are posting.

Shelley think back to last year at this time.....your foot was bad, you have improved a lot.

Debbi I don't envy you with all that hard work with school. Soon it will be all in the past.

Lisa I will have to catch up with you and get to know you better.

Gayle thanks for calling me a couple of weeks ago. I had so much fun talking to you. You are so special and sweet too.

Well the computer is back up and running. I sure did miss you guys. I have been very busy with Jay and Ash's wedding. Three showers, a staget, stag, dinner to pick which meal, and a social all in the last two months. Less than a week to go. It is an outdoor wedding at a golf course with a dinner and dance to follow. It is only a few blocks from here so we are going to have everyone down for drinks between the ceremony and the dinner. Larry's God Parents will be coming in from Alberta to stay with us. It is going to be a busy week. I had a little scare last week. I passed out in the pool house for about 10 minutes. On Friday the doctor sent me for a EKG. He said that it could be that I was lacking air to my brain from an irregular heart beat or a heat attack. That was stressful news. He called me back at the end of the day after checking out my test and he isn't sure what it is. He now thinks it isn't as serious after talking to my cardiologist.

So I will be sticking around for awhile, guys.

DeterminedLisa
07-03-2007, 02:09 AM
Congratulations on your pregnancy! I hope you feel great during it!
WOW! Cheryl!!

I've been hanging out on the maintainers forum a bit, and you're right
that forum has some great advice. Those are some hard-core maintainers
fighting amazing battles day in and day out, year after year. It's impressive
and frightening, that maintenance is still so much effort, even after so
many months and years of doing it. But I guess that's what a person
has to do to beat the 95% odds of regaining.

One of the maintainers suggested barley, which I thought was a little too
over-the-top-health-food for me, but I did try it and WOW it really did
help me stabilize my sugar swings and appetite and cravings. Maybe
my post-meal cravings are more extreme than the average person gets
and maybe I need "low-glycemic-index" foods more than the average
dieter needs them, (so probably it won't help other people as much as
it helps me,) but I sure as heck am switching to barley as my main
source of grain/starch. I don't care if it's weird. Somehow my body
digests it really smoothly compared with other carbs, and I'm willing
to look weird if it makes me feel that much better.

I've had some big off-plan meals. There was a festival of Thai foods
sponsored by the Thai embassy here, with tons of stalls and vendors
and everything was fresh and authentic. Then there was an amazing
dinner at a fancy (and really expensive) french restaurant, with tons
of tiny little courses, and of course wine. Each big high-calorie meal
gives me some sort of lasting "expectation" of high-calorie food, which
I think is more than just stretching my stomach, and so it takes me
a couple days to recover a sane appetite after these big splurges.
Between the splurges and the recoveries, I've been off plan more
than on plan, it seems, and I need to keep working on finding
moderation. (The barley suggestion helps with recovery.)

So I'm back on-plan with my new "barley diet," which is really just a
low-glycemic-index diet combined with the usual low-calorie,
high-fiber, low-fat diet. I don't feel quite so deprived or brain-dead on
this diet, so that's a form of moderation but because it's a weird
type of food, it's not ideal. Hopefully I can lose a bit of weight
slowly on my "barley diet," and I'm sure it'll be easier to live with
than my old "low everything" diet. I haven't yet figured out how to
deal with normal restaurant menus and how to recover quickly
after a splurge, but progress is progress and I'll take it.

I've been skipping so many of my planned workouts at the gym
that it's no longer fair to call them "planned." I've got to get
back into some sort of exercise routine or I'll lose my muscles and
slow my metabolism. So much to work on!

Determined,
Lisa

SuzyMc
07-03-2007, 07:55 AM
Oh Dee, it was so good to see your smiling face when I logged in this morning! Welcome back! :hug:

coles
07-03-2007, 11:09 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_1_103.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA) Glad you are back Dee we missed you!
Everyone is so busy it has been very slow lately.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_5_18.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA)CONGRATULATIONS CHERYL!!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_66.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNxmk042YYCA (http://*********************************************************=ZSzeb097_ZNxmk042YYCA&utm_id=7925)

gdeann
07-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Cheryl, my, my...sure didn't take you & little Stew long to become PG.... you must of been practicing alot! LOL! CONGRATULATIONS! You will make a FANTASTIC mommy! Have you told your parents yet? Is Stew excited? I just KNOW you are thrilled!~ I will remind you of that 2 months into morning sickness! LOL!

Deeeeeeeee!!!! Happy you are back princess!

Suzy, if you need anything, please let me know. Hugs to all of you, prayers sent.

Shelley, congrats on the loss. I know you were hoping for more. Maybe your body is trying to tell you it is happy at your current weight? Just a thought...

Lisa, I enjoy barley with soy sauce (like a brown rice) I use it in stir fry and love adding a handful to soups etc.

Deelite
07-03-2007, 11:38 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks for the welcome back.

Today was another busy day. I cooked crepes for 2 hours five loads of laundry, cleaned house, had a pedicure, and made dinner for Jay, Ash, and Dez and just got back from a walk.

Our dinner menu was

ceasar salad
garlic bread
stuffed Cornish game hen
with garlic wild rice
asparagus
corn
blueberry white chocolate cake

Of course with the usual cold beer and wine...wink wink Gayle.

Tomorrow will be another busy day.

DeterminedLisa
07-04-2007, 12:54 AM
Dee, you sure do have some busy days (and an exciting life). I look
forward to getting to know you.
That's very scary news that you fell unconscious. Good thing it was in the pool house and not in the pool. When that happened to you, how did you
figure out how long you had been out? Anyway, great to hear your heart
is healthy and that it wasn't anything serious.

Lisa

Deelite
07-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Lisa good question! I would have never known that I had been out for 10 minutes unless the timer didn't go off. I had set the timer for when I needed to go get ready, I remember it going off moments before I looked at the clock and 10 minutes had passed. If it wasn't for that I don't think that I would have figured out what had happened.
Yes I am very busy. Actually feeling a little under stressed at the moment. I have so much to do. I had a few minutes while my hair is being dyed so I just wanted to pop in.

Yikes I can't find my jewelry that I bought for the wedding and I don't even have time to look for it with all the cooking and cleaning that I am doing.

Anyone want to come bail me out and give me a hand with everything going on?
I would owe you BIG time.

ShelleyM
07-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Wow, quite a bit has happened since I read the posts!!

Cheryl-Congratulations!! That is so wonderful!

Dee-I can't tell you how happy I am that you are back! I have missed you dearly. I haven't read all the posts yet, but just wanted to pop in and say how glad I am that you are back!

I had an alcohol injection in my foot on Monday, and it has been very swollen ever since. I have been keeping it on ice and elevating, when I'm not out biking! I promise I will catch up with you all!

Deelite
07-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Shelley I missed you gals. It is great to be back!
So are these alcohol injections for the pain? Or is it for swelling?
Do you think that it is helping? How long til you don't have to ice it any more?
When I was at the pain clinic a couple of weeks ago they suggested injections in my back to help decrease the pain. I am just waiting for an appointment. They have a few other back up plans. Can you believe that it took 2 1/2 years to be seen.

Did you all have big celebrations for the 4th of July? What did you do? What about you Janice? What did you do for Canada day? We had rain most of the days so we ended just hanging out at home.

Well I have been to the gym, made butterscotch banana muffins, washed two loads of clothes, and lots more to do this afternoon so I better get my rear in action.

4myloves
07-05-2007, 04:01 PM
I asked my MIL to go to the Dr. with me next week to my first pre-natal appt. She was all excited--screamed and everything--but then (during the same conversation) acted like she didn't believe me.

I went to her house later that night (this was Monday) with Stewart and TOOK THE LITTLE + SIGN STICK to show it to her (gross?). When she saw it, instead of being happy she said "That's a lie!" Then proceeded to tell me that 1) I didn't need to tell anyone else I was pregnant and 2) I need to quit eating so much (she doesn't even know how much I eat--she just assumes that because I'm fat I binge all the time, I guess) because I'm already big and if I get any bigger I'm really gonna have problems.

That whole episode really hurt my feelings. Stewart was standing there when she said that about it being a lie but he acted like he didn't hear anything. Then it came out yesterday that HE doesn't think I'm really pregnant. Needless to say I've been boo-hooing all day today.

Anyway, the point of all this is-----I don't want her to go to the doctor with me anymore. What should I do?

SuzyMc
07-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Awww Cheryl, that's awful of your MIL to say those things! I don't think I'd have any problem uninviting her after that. I think I would ask Stewart to go along and then he can tell his mother about how the appointment went. Hugs to you...you sure didn't need that right now! :hug:

Dee ~ We celebrated the rain yesterday, so no fireworks for us. We can't complain though...it's been very dry here and we really need the moisture!
(Please come cook for me! YUM! :lol: )

Shelley ~ You sure have had an awful time of it with that foot of yours! I hope you can get some relief soon!

Gayle ~ Thank you! :hug:

Lisa ~ Maintenance isn't easy! I got way too cocky once I hit maintenance level and gained 15 pounds back. :^:

Deelite
07-06-2007, 12:03 AM
Cheryl sweetie, I am sending a hug your way. Get Stewart to go with you and he can tell his mom that he is taking you. It was a terrible thing to say and when your pregnant it is even harder to deal with stuff like this. I am sorry that you have to deal with an evil MIL. Lots of us can understand.

Suzy we have had so much rain here that some of my flowers are rotting. It has been dry since monday and looks like it will continue to be sunny for the wedding.

Yeah less than two days to go. I am so excited. Tonight we had the rehearsal dinner. We were at the golf course going over everything and then went to Jay's for a potluck bbq. Yummy, way to much eating. We had a wonderful time. We get along great with Ashley's family.
Tomorrow our company will come around noon. I have a manicure at 11:00. It will be busy for the next few days so forgive me if I am out there partying the weekend away at my son's wedding.

xox

DeterminedLisa
07-06-2007, 01:07 AM
I think I've lost a pound, but I'm not claiming it until Monday.
More barley and more barley.

Dee, I bet the wedding will be amazing!

Cheryl,
The only good thing about your story is that your MIL was so totally and
utterly out-of-line that you should feel free to choose any reaction
you prefer, without any need to explain yourself.
It can "slip your mind" that you ever invited her, if you want.
You might take her advice selectively and not speak to her about
your pregnancy for a while.

People who grow up with somebody neurotic or difficult
sometimes develop a habit of ignoring the bad stuff because
voicing their protest can be a waste of effort. Anyway, there's a
fine line between "tolerating" bad behavior and rejecting the behavior
but not taking outward actions against it, so I hope dealing with
your MIL doesn't create friction between you and DH.

My MIL has huge emotions and feelings for our kids but she has
trouble channeling those feelings because she's far away and can't
help raise the kids, can't know for herself that they're doing OK,
and can't be their mother. She has trouble just accepting that
she can't do anything, so she worries, and that creates problems.
Food and feeding and eating habits are a battleground for tons
of families.

Best wishes for guarding your privacy and your independence while
sharing love and excitement and good things with your MIL.

Lisa

ShelleyM
07-06-2007, 06:40 AM
Cheryl-I 2nd what Dee said. Will Stewart go with you? Tell the bit$h you really want your husband there for your 1st dr. appt. You already know how I feel about MIL's!!:)

Dee-I am so excited for you. Please make sure to post pictures. Also, the alcohol injections are actually killing the nerve in my foot. I'm sure your dr. is talking about cortizone injections. They didn't help my foot at all.

gdeann
07-06-2007, 09:37 AM
Cheryl sweetie, I had hoped this could be an exciting time for you and I am sure it will, if you can ignore all of the crude, thoughtless and immature comments. Personally, I would go by myself, with Stewart or a close friend. If MIL ask why you didn't remind her of the appt., then I would remind her of her horrible comments. Cheryl, I had an awful first MIL and now a pretty decent second MIL, life is way to short to put up with alot of bull****. This is your special time and you deserve special treatment and respect. As far as Stewart, I wish he were here so I could pop him along the head to wake him up! LOL! The day he married you...YOU became the very first important woman in his life. He was disrespecting you by not standing up for you in front of his mom and by also questioning the test results. I know Steve loves his mommy dearly (mama's boy) but would never allow me to take insults from his mother or anyone else for that matter. Okay...off my soap box! Just love you dearly sweetie and want the very best for you!!!!

Dee, I KNOW the wedding will be gorgeous!!!! Send pics!!!!! Did I tell you Liz is getting married in March? I need you here since you are a pro planning the big day. His parents are very traditional and believe in going by the old book which in turn means the brides family basically pays for everything! There went my cruise! Have you figured up yet what the total cost for the wedding will be? I keep reading about all kinds of ranges, at the rate we are going, we may be homeless!! LOL!

Silly Shelley, don't inject the alcohol....drink it! LOL! I really do hope the injections will help, is there anything else they can do?? Is it good to have the nerve of your foot injected with something to kill it? I have never heard of this before. BTW: Does Mike ever ride his bike? I thought he got one right about the same time as you.

Suzy, prayers sent....know you continue to be in my prayers.

Lisa, hoping for a great barley weigh in for you! Keep us updated!

Where is Sher?

I have not dieted strictly since coming back home a few weeks ago from the special event we worked. Every day we have had a get together, BBQ or something going on. I'm shooting for Monday to get back on plan seriously. I'm doing a low carb, lean protein plan. Now if I can get my residents to stop bringing me treats to the beaty shop. I usually bring them on home to Allison. BTW: I had a client send me a beautiful arrangment of cut flowers for the 4th of July! It had a cute little flag in it and was in colors of red, white and blue. I thought it was so considerate of her to think of me.

Wishing everyone a great day! Stay safe and OP!!!

ShelleyM
07-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Gayle-Yes, Mike did get a bike. He rode it twice down the street and back. Need I say more? It's so nice that your clients love you so much!!

I just got back from my ride and was bitten by a dog on my thigh. If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck! The dog was in a fenced in yard, but went underneath the fence. I slowed down, so as not to run into him and he bit me! He actually broke skin. I can't go to the people because the road is marked "Private Road." It's one of my favorite routes to go. Maybe I should take some doggy bones with me next time. I was up 1 lb on my WI. I have switched to Flex to see if that helps me from overeating.

SuzyMc
07-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Shelley ~ You need to report that dog bite and make sure that the dog is properly vaccinated!

gdeann
07-09-2007, 08:32 AM
Shelley, I agree with Suzy, the dog should be reported. What if it would of been a small child, he could of bitten them in the face. Take care of it and keep it cleansed and treated!!!!

Dee, hope the wedding went well!!! Fill us in with detailed ASAP!

Hello to all! It was a busy week and weekend here, off to work I go after I finish writing this. I am starting back strict low carb this morning. I really just need to sew my mouth shut and resist temptation...

Cheryl, how you feeling sweetie??? {{{HUGS}}}

Suzy, I hope things are going ok...how's your mom handling everything?

Janice? Sher? All the other Floozies?

Lisa, how did weigh-in go?

GOTTA GO!!!!

ShelleyM
07-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Gayle-I 2nd that sewing of the mouth. I really need it. Got any knitting needles??

coles
07-09-2007, 10:07 AM
I'm here!!
Cheryl - Your mother-in-law doesn't deserve you. I would ignore her and she will feel bad about not being about to share in your joy.
Sounds like Stu doesn't stand up to his M at all.
We are all happy for you and nothing can take away the happiness you must feel.
Dee - Hope the Wedding was a hit!
Shelley - take care of that thigh, dog bites can become infected very easily.
Hello to everyone else out there in Floozie Land.

SuzyMc
07-10-2007, 04:57 AM
Just checking in quick to say "hi" and to let you know that I'm still here...just not a lot of time for the computer this week.

Gayle ~ My mom is handling everything pretty well...except she hasn't been getting very much sleep because my dad hasn't been sleeping well. I think we may have found the answer to that problem though...the doctor started him on a new med (not a sleeping pill, but something that does help him relax and sleep...sorry don't remember the name of it right now). Anyway it's worked pretty well the past few nights, so maybe it's going to help.

Cheryl ~ When is your appointment? I've been thinking of you! Our little Isabelle has her 2 month check up tomorrow...can you believe it's been 2 months already? Time goes by so quickly...won't be long and you'll be taking your little one in for well baby visits!

Dee ~ How was the wedding? I'm looking forward to reading all about it!

Have a good week everyone!

gdeann
07-10-2007, 11:14 PM
I joined Sparks Shelley. I like the food tracker so much better then fitday. How's the bite??

Dee, share wedding details!

Cheryl, are you doing ok sweetie?

Suzy, glad to hear your mom is getting some rest. I know she appreciates having her kids there to help. How old are your parents?

Janice, nice to see you! Are you still low carbing?

I am doing really well...Day 2 on plan with no slip-ups! Steve had a business meeting tonight with dinner out. He asked for me to go, but I opted to be stubborn and stay home. I know one more meal out will lead to another day off plan...the whole vicious cycle. And to be honest, I am not self controlled enough to order healthy and low calorie. Put a beer or drink in front of me and it would of been a steak meal with potato etc. I do love my food...

I hope everyone is doing well!

DeterminedLisa
07-11-2007, 12:29 AM
My weigh-in was 143.5 so I'll leave the ticker where it is.
I've got a nasty cold, but there's a lot of work to do this week
so I'm trying to ignore being sick. I'm still having barley, but
I'm also having a lot more calories, basically whatever I feel
like, until I'm healthy again.

Shelley - You should fill out a form reporting the dog bite at a
police station. If it's an isolated incident with no other complaints,
there'll be no harm from it. If this is really a problem dog with
irresponsible owners, then other people in the neighborhood (who
may be hurt much worse than you, who don't have the benefit of
being up on a bike, and who have every right to be on that
street) will really need your report so their complaints can be part
of a trend instead of isolated. Otherwise nothing can be done.
One bad dog with irresponsible owners can
terrorize a neighborhood, and if only a couple of people complain,
not much happens, even if they complain many times. My mother
was at the mercy of a dog-out-of-control for years and it made
her miserable. The fact that you're on a private road only matters
if you're trying to sue for money, which you're not. The dog
couldn't know if you had a legitimate appointment with somebody
at the other end of the road. People need
to be able to get past that house without fear of attack, and until
there are enough police reports like yours, the long-suffering
neighbors can't do anything about the dog, except forbid their
children from playing in the front yard.

Lisa

gdeann
07-11-2007, 09:23 AM
HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON LISA! Congrats on the loss too!!

4myloves
07-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Hey all. My appt. was yesterday. I did allow MIL to go, BUT I made sure my Momma was there with us to "protect" me :) .

The ultrasound shows that I'm exactly 5 weeks pregnant--that's a week behind my calculations, but I'll take it.

My due date is March 11th (9, 10, 11, 12, 13 :) ).

gdeann
07-11-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm thrilled for you Cheryl!!!!!!! If you have the opportunity, do you want to know the sex??? You are due right about the same time Liz is getting married (March 22) So I will make sure, even with all the busy plans to stay updated on your condition.
Again, I am so EXCITED for you!!!

ShelleyM
07-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Congratulations Cheryl and Stewart!!

Lisa-Hope you feel better. I still have a huge bruise about the size of my hand around the bites. I heard back from the owner (I emailed him.) He said the dog has had all his shots and that he is very sorry. He is supposed to check his fence. I won't be riding that way anymore, though.

Gayle-I have been on that website a bit too much! Did you do a page? I did. You can spend hours on there reading! I noticed Sherry joined too!

DeterminedLisa
07-12-2007, 12:21 AM
Cheryl, congratulations on your pregnancy and congratulations on
creating a way to handle the situation with your MIL.

Shelley, too bad you lost a favorite route. That's great you were
able to email the dog owner.

I don't seem to be getting healthy yet, but hopefully soon.

Lisa

Deelite
07-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Hi guys

It has been a wonderful but very busy week.
The wedding was picture perfect. I will get Dez to help me post some pics when she is over. Our little princess bride was the most nervous bride I have ever seen. She did recover nicely around 9:00 that night.
A word of advise Gayle......forget the company, don't let anyone stay at your place before the wedding. I was so busy cooking, cleaning and entertaining I felt that I missed out on some of the wedding fun. I am still not happy with Larry for invited them down without asking me.
Our company left monday and so did Larry. Larry is in Tulsa on a business trip. We didn't even get a chance to share the wedding memories together. I left on tuesday for a trip down to the states to a casino with a water park. My sister Gail, her son Thomaz and my mom went. We just got home a couple of hours ago. On sunday I am leaving for a week for the lake. Gail has rented a cottage for a week. I won't even get to see Larry til next sunday night. Oh well that is the way it goes.
I am not sure if I will post before I leave. I just wanted to check in and let you know that we had a wonderful time at the wedding. It is weird now to think that I have one kid that is married. Now I have a daughter in law that is also a Mrs B.

ShelleyM
07-14-2007, 06:47 AM
Have a great trip, Dee! Don't forget us!!

gdeann
07-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Dee, I like the old saying: relatives are like fish, if they hang around too long they start stinking. LOL! Glad the couple got hitched without running into any problems along the way. HAVE FUN!

Shelley, I joined, but I really haven't looked much other then using the food calculater. I like it better then fitday.

I made ziplock bag omelets today and they turned out yummy! I chopped up onion, green pepper, sausage (cooked) lean ham, etc. and tossed into baggies. We arrived after church at my MIL's toting all the goodies plus eggs. We marked everyones individual zip bag with their name, dropped 2 eggs inside of the bag and then everyone filled it with their food choices. I had a big pot of water boiling and we dropped all of them in at the same time. 15 minutes later, we had perfect little omelets! They could garnish with shredded cheese and salsa if desired. I would suggest this fun breakfast for anyone having company. It is amazing, the egg mixture does not stick, it rolls right out of the baggie!

Hope everyone is having a SUPER weekend!

ShelleyM
07-16-2007, 06:09 AM
Gayle-That' a real clever idea. I'll have to try it out.

coles
07-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Gayle and Shelley - what is Sparks and where did you find it?

gdeann
07-16-2007, 11:27 PM
Check your messages Janice, I sent you the link.

gdeann
07-17-2007, 08:25 AM
I hope things pick up here soon.... it is way too slow. Guess everyone is busy with Summer happenings.

I am finially into the 160's! It has been forever! I am staying consistant and am on day 9 without a cheat or slip.

Try this recipe if you want something super simple. I saved some of the cooked juice with the leftovers, I think it gave it even a better flavor on day 2.

6 chicken breast (I use the frozen ones in the 3# package)
Take a fork and poke holes in the chicken
Pour 1 can diet orange soda over the top along with 1/3 cup soy sauce. Marinate several hours or overnight.
Place in a baking dish along with most of the liquid, bake 1 to 1.5 hours uncovered and basting every so often. The chicken turns out with a nice light orange flavor, not sweet at all. I would also suggest to use only the 1/3cup soy sauce, otherwise I think it would be too salty.

I hope life is treating everyone well! Off to mow! I mowed 1.5 hours last night after work, but it was so hot and I couldn't get my body to go. Hopefully today I won't have mower problems and I can get it finished. I'm looking at about 3 hours using the push mower.

4myloves
07-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Please STOP!

A new thread has been started!!