Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 12:03 AM   #31  

Cheryl sweetie, I am sending a hug your way. Get Stewart to go with you and he can tell his mom that he is taking you. It was a terrible thing to say and when your pregnant it is even harder to deal with stuff like this. I am sorry that you have to deal with an evil MIL. Lots of us can understand.

Suzy we have had so much rain here that some of my flowers are rotting. It has been dry since monday and looks like it will continue to be sunny for the wedding.

Yeah less than two days to go. I am so excited. Tonight we had the rehearsal dinner. We were at the golf course going over everything and then went to Jay's for a potluck bbq. Yummy, way to much eating. We had a wonderful time. We get along great with Ashley's family.
Tomorrow our company will come around noon. I have a manicure at 11:00. It will be busy for the next few days so forgive me if I am out there partying the weekend away at my son's wedding.

xox
Old 07-06-2007, 01:07 AM   #32  

Location: Southeast Asia. That's why my postings look like middle of the night.

S/C/G: 178/177/??

Height: 5' 3.5"

I think I've lost a pound, but I'm not claiming it until Monday.
More barley and more barley.

Dee, I bet the wedding will be amazing!

Cheryl,
The only good thing about your story is that your MIL was so totally and
utterly out-of-line that you should feel free to choose any reaction
you prefer, without any need to explain yourself.
It can "slip your mind" that you ever invited her, if you want.
You might take her advice selectively and not speak to her about
your pregnancy for a while.

People who grow up with somebody neurotic or difficult
sometimes develop a habit of ignoring the bad stuff because
voicing their protest can be a waste of effort. Anyway, there's a
fine line between "tolerating" bad behavior and rejecting the behavior
but not taking outward actions against it, so I hope dealing with
your MIL doesn't create friction between you and DH.

My MIL has huge emotions and feelings for our kids but she has
trouble channeling those feelings because she's far away and can't
help raise the kids, can't know for herself that they're doing OK,
and can't be their mother. She has trouble just accepting that
she can't do anything, so she worries, and that creates problems.
Food and feeding and eating habits are a battleground for tons
of families.

Best wishes for guarding your privacy and your independence while
sharing love and excitement and good things with your MIL.

Lisa
Old 07-06-2007, 06:40 AM   #33  

Cheryl-I 2nd what Dee said. Will Stewart go with you? Tell the bit$h you really want your husband there for your 1st dr. appt. You already know how I feel about MIL's!!

Dee-I am so excited for you. Please make sure to post pictures. Also, the alcohol injections are actually killing the nerve in my foot. I'm sure your dr. is talking about cortizone injections. They didn't help my foot at all.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:37 AM   #34  
Losing it!

Cheryl sweetie, I had hoped this could be an exciting time for you and I am sure it will, if you can ignore all of the crude, thoughtless and immature comments. Personally, I would go by myself, with Stewart or a close friend. If MIL ask why you didn't remind her of the appt., then I would remind her of her horrible comments. Cheryl, I had an awful first MIL and now a pretty decent second MIL, life is way to short to put up with alot of bull****. This is your special time and you deserve special treatment and respect. As far as Stewart, I wish he were here so I could pop him along the head to wake him up! LOL! The day he married you...YOU became the very first important woman in his life. He was disrespecting you by not standing up for you in front of his mom and by also questioning the test results. I know Steve loves his mommy dearly (mama's boy) but would never allow me to take insults from his mother or anyone else for that matter. Okay...off my soap box! Just love you dearly sweetie and want the very best for you!!!!

Dee, I KNOW the wedding will be gorgeous!!!! Send pics!!!!! Did I tell you Liz is getting married in March? I need you here since you are a pro planning the big day. His parents are very traditional and believe in going by the old book which in turn means the brides family basically pays for everything! There went my cruise! Have you figured up yet what the total cost for the wedding will be? I keep reading about all kinds of ranges, at the rate we are going, we may be homeless!! LOL!

Silly Shelley, don't inject the alcohol....drink it! LOL! I really do hope the injections will help, is there anything else they can do?? Is it good to have the nerve of your foot injected with something to kill it? I have never heard of this before. BTW: Does Mike ever ride his bike? I thought he got one right about the same time as you.

Suzy, prayers sent....know you continue to be in my prayers.

Lisa, hoping for a great barley weigh in for you! Keep us updated!

Where is Sher?

I have not dieted strictly since coming back home a few weeks ago from the special event we worked. Every day we have had a get together, BBQ or something going on. I'm shooting for Monday to get back on plan seriously. I'm doing a low carb, lean protein plan. Now if I can get my residents to stop bringing me treats to the beaty shop. I usually bring them on home to Allison. BTW: I had a client send me a beautiful arrangment of cut flowers for the 4th of July! It had a cute little flag in it and was in colors of red, white and blue. I thought it was so considerate of her to think of me.

Wishing everyone a great day! Stay safe and OP!!!
Old 07-07-2007, 10:03 AM   #35  

Gayle-Yes, Mike did get a bike. He rode it twice down the street and back. Need I say more? It's so nice that your clients love you so much!!

I just got back from my ride and was bitten by a dog on my thigh. If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck! The dog was in a fenced in yard, but went underneath the fence. I slowed down, so as not to run into him and he bit me! He actually broke skin. I can't go to the people because the road is marked "Private Road." It's one of my favorite routes to go. Maybe I should take some doggy bones with me next time. I was up 1 lb on my WI. I have switched to Flex to see if that helps me from overeating.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:42 AM   #36  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Shelley ~ You need to report that dog bite and make sure that the dog is properly vaccinated!
Old 07-09-2007, 08:32 AM   #37  
Losing it!

Shelley, I agree with Suzy, the dog should be reported. What if it would of been a small child, he could of bitten them in the face. Take care of it and keep it cleansed and treated!!!!

Dee, hope the wedding went well!!! Fill us in with detailed ASAP!

Hello to all! It was a busy week and weekend here, off to work I go after I finish writing this. I am starting back strict low carb this morning. I really just need to sew my mouth shut and resist temptation...

Cheryl, how you feeling sweetie??? {{{HUGS}}}

Suzy, I hope things are going ok...how's your mom handling everything?

Janice? Sher? All the other Floozies?

Lisa, how did weigh-in go?

GOTTA GO!!!!
Old 07-09-2007, 09:48 AM   #38  

Gayle-I 2nd that sewing of the mouth. I really need it. Got any knitting needles??
Old 07-09-2007, 10:07 AM   #39  
Janice

I'm here!!
Cheryl - Your mother-in-law doesn't deserve you. I would ignore her and she will feel bad about not being about to share in your joy.
Sounds like Stu doesn't stand up to his M at all.
We are all happy for you and nothing can take away the happiness you must feel.
Dee - Hope the Wedding was a hit!
Shelley - take care of that thigh, dog bites can become infected very easily.
Hello to everyone else out there in Floozie Land.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:57 AM   #40  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Just checking in quick to say "hi" and to let you know that I'm still here...just not a lot of time for the computer this week.

Gayle ~ My mom is handling everything pretty well...except she hasn't been getting very much sleep because my dad hasn't been sleeping well. I think we may have found the answer to that problem though...the doctor started him on a new med (not a sleeping pill, but something that does help him relax and sleep...sorry don't remember the name of it right now). Anyway it's worked pretty well the past few nights, so maybe it's going to help.

Cheryl ~ When is your appointment? I've been thinking of you! Our little Isabelle has her 2 month check up tomorrow...can you believe it's been 2 months already? Time goes by so quickly...won't be long and you'll be taking your little one in for well baby visits!

Dee ~ How was the wedding? I'm looking forward to reading all about it!

Have a good week everyone!
Old 07-10-2007, 11:14 PM   #41  
Losing it!

I joined Sparks Shelley. I like the food tracker so much better then fitday. How's the bite??

Dee, share wedding details!

Cheryl, are you doing ok sweetie?

Suzy, glad to hear your mom is getting some rest. I know she appreciates having her kids there to help. How old are your parents?

Janice, nice to see you! Are you still low carbing?

I am doing really well...Day 2 on plan with no slip-ups! Steve had a business meeting tonight with dinner out. He asked for me to go, but I opted to be stubborn and stay home. I know one more meal out will lead to another day off plan...the whole vicious cycle. And to be honest, I am not self controlled enough to order healthy and low calorie. Put a beer or drink in front of me and it would of been a steak meal with potato etc. I do love my food...

I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 07-11-2007, 12:29 AM   #42  

Location: Southeast Asia. That's why my postings look like middle of the night.

S/C/G: 178/177/??

Height: 5' 3.5"

My weigh-in was 143.5 so I'll leave the ticker where it is.
I've got a nasty cold, but there's a lot of work to do this week
so I'm trying to ignore being sick. I'm still having barley, but
I'm also having a lot more calories, basically whatever I feel
like, until I'm healthy again.

Shelley - You should fill out a form reporting the dog bite at a
police station. If it's an isolated incident with no other complaints,
there'll be no harm from it. If this is really a problem dog with
irresponsible owners, then other people in the neighborhood (who
may be hurt much worse than you, who don't have the benefit of
being up on a bike, and who have every right to be on that
street) will really need your report so their complaints can be part
of a trend instead of isolated. Otherwise nothing can be done.
One bad dog with irresponsible owners can
terrorize a neighborhood, and if only a couple of people complain,
not much happens, even if they complain many times. My mother
was at the mercy of a dog-out-of-control for years and it made
her miserable. The fact that you're on a private road only matters
if you're trying to sue for money, which you're not. The dog
couldn't know if you had a legitimate appointment with somebody
at the other end of the road. People need
to be able to get past that house without fear of attack, and until
there are enough police reports like yours, the long-suffering
neighbors can't do anything about the dog, except forbid their
children from playing in the front yard.

Lisa
Old 07-11-2007, 09:23 AM   #43  
Losing it!

HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON LISA! Congrats on the loss too!!
Old 07-11-2007, 11:47 AM   #44  

Hey all. My appt. was yesterday. I did allow MIL to go, BUT I made sure my Momma was there with us to "protect" me .

The ultrasound shows that I'm exactly 5 weeks pregnant--that's a week behind my calculations, but I'll take it.

My due date is March 11th (9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ).
Old 07-11-2007, 03:03 PM   #45  
Losing it!

I'm thrilled for you Cheryl!!!!!!! If you have the opportunity, do you want to know the sex??? You are due right about the same time Liz is getting married (March 22) So I will make sure, even with all the busy plans to stay updated on your condition.
Again, I am so EXCITED for you!!!
Closed Thread