Old 06-20-2007, 07:15 AM   #1  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Default 30 Somethings Chat, Wednesday 6/20/07

HI Everyone!

I miss Hanna already! Christina/Alicia-thanks for the add on myspace! I love seeing how people design their sites! Very cool!

I'm super tired today....I think the crash from the crazy blood pressure roller coaster wiped me out...and then last night I stayed up because I was obssessing over the fact that my stupid motion sensor flood lights weren't working. So, I went to Lowe's and bought some funky cool blue ones and then had to wait until dark to test the things accurately! What a doof! So I watched America's Got Talent. There was a singer on there that just about brought me to tears-what a great guy. Oh, so yeah, the flood light bulbs had simply been burned out as I suspected!

Roo: Ok stud rocket, so when do WE get to see some pics? I mean, we love you too! BTW-how far along are you...on walking to Kalamazoo?

Hi Joan! Hi GG! Hi Vanessa! Hi Sheila! Hi Karen K! Hi Lauren! Hi Lisa! Hi Molly! Hi Tina! Hi 4me! Hi Michelle! Hi Michelle B.! Hi Kirsten! Hi RR! Hi ALL Newbies! Hi Everyone I missed! I guess someday I'll have to give up on trying to coax Tina out of hiding...and Molly...and some others that I still miss!

Ok all, I'm running behind. No hair to curl today, but lots of work to catch up on. I mean, I DO have hair today, just don't have to curl it. Well, you're all used to my Koookie behavior, so I guess I don't have to explain!

Love, MO/Mel/Melinda/MJ
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Hi Melinda!
You are too cute! I love ya!
I couldn't sleep all night, nerves, but everything is ready to go, my poor DH has notes coming out of his ears, he said, I am a big boy I can handle it and I kept writing notes to him, he thinks he can handle it!!! LoL. I love him dearly.
So as I was getting ready to get in the shower and I realize I am about 25 minutes too early, I thought I stop by here really quick, what a nice surprise to find Melisa has been already here and it is only 4:26 am for me in CA.

I will miss you too Melinda

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all. Well today i stepped on the scale (hadn't done it for 3 weeks in fear)...and sure enough i put 4 pounds on. Time to get serious...bad bad me. But oh well...i can do it...just restarting is all (:
Hannah - i know you probably won't check in today...but good luck. You are in my thoughts today. Hopefully the surgery will help and make you feel better.
Roo - that is such a great pick me up. Good for you. Good for DW too and complimenting you.
As for me...my day off...yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have to go get my teeth cleaned in just a little and then i'm closing on the house...woohoo. Then i've finally decided to get my hair done...its been at least 7 or 8 months since i've done it. I have to go to a new hair dresser however, since my favorite one has disappeared (the shop changed owners and he doesn't work there). But i'm not too worried...my friend recommended this one and her hair always looks good. Alright guys..i'm off...got to get ready for my teefers to be cleaned...bye all.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:29 AM   #4  

lol ...hannh me and you were posting at the same time
Old 06-20-2007, 08:07 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

There needs to be more hours in the night!! I went to bed at 9:30 and slept pretty good, even though Robby hopped in at some point. 6:00 is just too early!

Thinking good thoughts for Hanna this AM!

Mo, at least you didn't buy red ones!!

GG, hope you get a good cut! There's nothing worse than a bad hair cut!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:13 AM   #6  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Everyone!!

What a cheerful group. I just love logging on and reading the posts.

I've got some happy news. I jumped on the scale this morning, I know, I wasn't supposed to until Sunday, but it read 271.8. I couldn't believe it, when I bought it last Friday I was 283. I've lost about 10 pounds!!! YAY - I know most of it is water weight and it will slow down, but it's still such a boost. Makes me want to eat even better and work out even more.

Best of luck Hanna, have a great day everyone else.

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:21 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Angie!! CONGRATS girl!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:25 AM   #8  

yeah angie...good for you.
Back from the dentist...i htought it was a cleaning..but got confused and it was actually for the placement of my temp crown on my stupid root canal...so now my lip is numb...i hate that feeling...at least there was no pain...so its all good. Just thought i'd say hi...nothing new to report
laruen...your right..nothing worse than a bad hair cut that's why i was very sad when my hair dresser was MIA...he was the BEST!!!!!!!!! but i've always liked my friends hair cut...so i think i'll be okay...still trying to decide what to do..have a few ideas..probably going to get a magazine to use..i saw a great hair cut the other day when i was watching What not to wear...and it was perfect...i tried finding a pic of it (went to the web site) but couldn't find it. Oh well...that's life. i'lll check back later...bye all
Old 06-20-2007, 09:48 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Morning All ~ What a peppy group we have her this a.m.

GG ~ I've not gotten on the scale since before vacation... I still can't bring myself to do it. That thing called a "scale" always makes me cry:-). My eating still isn't great but I've been working a lot getting ready for the move. I was reading in Newsweek about that new diet pill that is now out. Apparently, you need to keep a spare pair of bloomers on in case of "anal discharge." I remember Kerri writing a few weeks ago about the smell of the discharge... Oooooo... so you'll lose weight but can't be intimate with anyone... ok, ok I'll stop. Way too graphic for our a.m. chat. Happy Wednesday everyone ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:07 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Okay, yall are a little to peppy for me this morning. Of course I have only taken a few sips of my caffine of choice ~ Diet Coke. In a little bit I have to get ready for an interveiw. It's at Elder-Beerman, a retail shop. My best friend says that I am a walking advertisement for them so they should hire me, but to be careful and not just turn over my paycheck back to them.

Anyways, Hanna you have been in my thoughts and prayers all week, and I will continue to pray for you.

Speaking of bad hair cuts ~ I got one that took 2 years to grow out. I asked if my hair could be thined out and the guy gave me a butch. (I was out of town) My hairdresser is my mom and she has only messed up my hair once in my whole life. I asked for a curly perm and I looked like little orphan Annie for 2 years.

Angie, congrats on the loss. Keep up the good work.

MJ, I think we need to take the dew away. ~ I need it more, I think. Ha Ha Just Joking (sortof) I am glad that you were able to diagnosis the problem with your security lights and fix it.

to everyone else I missed.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:10 AM   #11  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

Good Morning everyone.

Angie that is awesome. Yay....

So I had a really bad weekend and i didnt exercise yesterday or monday. So i started working out again.. FUN FUN!!! I HATE EXERCISING... But I know that it makes me feel better in the long run. I am back on track.

I dont know if anyone watched Oprah yesterday but she had Bob Greene on there and she made a smoothie with bananas and strawberries and soy chocolate milk. I thought ew soy milk. So I went and bought it and tried it.
OMG... it is so good and it is only 140 calories and for anyone who does WW it is only 3 pts. I use 1 banana, a cup of strawberries, and 8 oz of the soy milk and a little ice. YUM....

I hope everyone has a good day.....
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:17 AM   #12  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

Hanna... I dont know why you are having surgery, but Good Luck and you will be in my prayers....
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:17 AM   #13  

A Very Quick Hello This Morning...got Up Late, Didnt Get On The Treadmill..need To Get The Baby Up In 15 Minutes And I Am Not All The Way Ready...

Tamara: I Didnt See The Recipes..did You Post Them Somewhere Else?

Gg: Good Luck With The Hair Cut...i Need To Make An Appointment..i Watch What Not To Wear All The Time..which Hair Cut Did You Like?...i Love Some Of Them That Nick Does

Melinda/alicia: Nice To See You On Myspace

Hannah: Again, Good Luck And Ill Be Thinking Of You

Angie: Great Job!....congrats

Lisa: Good Luck On The Interview...let Us Know!

Lauren: I Agree...i Need More Hours To Sleep...i Am So Tired Today And Yesterday

Dek6: That Smoothie Sounds Yummy!

Roo: How Are You Doing Today???

Ok All....i Am Out...have To Get To Work To Pay The Bills....have A Good One
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:50 AM   #14  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!

Christina - I posted the recipes in yesterdays chat and then our friendly Moderator moved them to the recipe files where I SHOULD have put them... Please let me know if you try any of them so I can hear your reviews as well. I'm trying curried chicken with sweet pepper sauce tonight, I'll let you know how that goes.

I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm down a full pound from yesterday morning! I think it must have been a combination of water retention/adjusting to the change in altitude (I was in the mountains all weekend)/eating too many calories on the weekend. I'm trying not to beat myself up over it, I just got straight back on plan on Monday and worked out yesterday and will do it again today. My sister is coming to town from Kansas City on Saturday and she'll be here for a week so it will be a bit of a challenge to stay fully on plan. We're starbucks buddies and so I know I'll end up having at least one or two. I'll just work it into my calorie count and work out every day! LOL

I also watched part of an Oprah show last night that I recorded on the PVR and it was the one with Dr. Oz (no embarassment zone). I never realized that it takes about 2 full days to digest a steak dinner (I had steak both nights in Banff) so that may also help explain why it's taking a couple of days for that 2 lbs to dissapear and why it seemed so much in 3 days.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and my thoughts are with Hanna (I dislike getting surgery, it's so scary, but if it's going to improve your life then Go For It!)

Cheers, Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:56 AM   #15  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hey everyone

Glad to hear everyone is happy go lucky today.

Melinda I hope you figure out those lights woman.

My thoughts and prayers are with Hannah

Joan Get on that scale before you wait too long at least this way you can get back on track. Vacations are terriable but don't prolong it or you will wish you would have just done it right off the bat. You go girl!!!

Lisa I hear ya I don't let too many people cut my hair either. I have been butched before too.

GG: I hope your cut turns out well. Think good thoughts right!

Angie congrads to you on your weight loss! Keep it up!!

So anyway guys I go in today for the ultrasound on my legs. Should be interesting. I am getting my grove back on my weight loss. I can't wait for vacation. I swear I keep thinking today is Thursday oh how I wish it was.

Anyone I missed have a great day I will check in later...........
*********Oh melinda you mentioned a while back about our weight staying the same. Mine has I am stuck but at least it isn't going higher, it is hard enough to look at my butt in the mirror as it is let alone adding another cheeseburger to it.

sheila

sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote