Old 05-31-2007, 07:21 AM   #1  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Default 30 Somethings Chat, Thursday 5/31/07

HI ALL! Yippee...my weight is up 2 pounds. How mahvelous! Friggin' thyroid! Ok, or it could have something to do with the 3 slices of grilled bacon and 3 slices of pound cake and 10 pieces of black licorice and big hunk of french bread that I consumed like a gorilla in heat last night....hmm...no, FRIGGIN' THYROID!

Lauren: Oh my gosh! I just checked out your newly posted pics. What a totally adorable family! I'm so jazzed to finally put your picture with your posts. Wow-you guys are really a good lookin' family! Hopefully that doesn't sound bizarre???

GG: RU OK???? Still waiting to hear about the tooth drilling...well, except for the really gory details!

Lisa: Oh pumpkin, I wish you'd post anyway. I've never read anything by you that sparked in me anything less than comfort! You ALWAYS have worthwhile things to say. If not for any other reason..can ya just post more for me? It makes me happy to see ya around! How's the family doing? I hope I didn't miss anything major when I was away!

HI JOAN!!!!

RR: Hey there! How are YOU doing???

Christina: How are things going with the thyroid meds?

HI EVERYONE ELSE THAT I MISSED! (Michelle, Kerri, Michelle B., Karen K., Sheila, Roo, Clover, Tam, Kirsten, Jet, Laura, Vanessa, Angela, Hanna, Tina, to name a few)

Ok, I'll get back later....have jurors coming back soon. Melinda

Last edited by mjoste; 05-31-2007 at 07:40 AM.
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:06 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Morning all!

Melinda~you have me thinking about that grasshopper drink....I think that I may try to come up with a lower cal alternative...skim milk, little chocolate protein powder, a few drops of mint extract with some ice in the blender. I'm going to have it as my AM snack-will let you know how it turns out!

Michelle~Don't beat yourself up over this situation with Jessica, everyone is right, it sounds like you really had no choice. Like Lauren said, do what you need to do to make sure that the baby will be safe. I wish you all the best!

Kerri~Sometimes just getting out of the house is exactly what I need too! Some days it is harder than others, but just keep doing it and it gets easier!

Hanna~sounds like your meeting went well, glad to hear it. How was the class at the gym with your friend? What type of class was it?

Sheila~So sorry for the losses in your family.

Thank you for the Welcome back! I started my day with a good workout, so I feel great! I will run off to my boys school for a couple of hours today, then I am Free for a couple of hours and after dinner it will be back to the ball field for my oldest to have practice. I have not decided what I will do with my free time this afternoon, but I am sure that I can fill it somehow!
Well, I hope everyone has a great day!!
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:34 AM   #3  
Sherry

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all,
Just wanted to check in with everyone and see how everyone was doing. My friend called and asked if I was going to the gym this morning. (I've been asking her for 2 weeks to come with) So off to the gym we go. Does anyone else work out to music? Any suggestions on something new to run to?

Sounds like there is a lot going on with everyone.

Michelle~Hind sight is 20/20. Don't worry about what you should or shouldn't have done. You can't change the past. Think about what your next step is and how you can still have a relationship with your daughter and grandbaby.

GG~ I hate the dentist too. I don't respond well to anestesia so they have to do a whole block. the whole side of my face is numb. Hope your not in a lot of pain.

Hope everyone else is having a good morning.

Not much to tell here. I just joined this week and missed the memorial day weigh challenge I was hoping maybe we could set up a labor day challenge. That would give about 14 weeks.

Talk to ya all later.
Sherry
J K L A s Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:34 AM   #4  

Good Morning!...well The Final Funeral Was Yesterday..the Hard One..dominics Football Coach...beautiful Service...dominic Did Alright...until We Got Back In The Car...he Had A Mental Breakdown...so We Talked Alot And I Hope Today He Will Do Better..there Were A Few Kids T Here That Were From Football That This Was There First Experience At A Funeral...it Was Nice Cause The Pastor Spoke About What It Means To Be A Coach And That The Kids He Gave Advice To Should Always Remember What Was Told To Them...it Was A Nice Service.

Melinda: My Thyroid Meds Are Fine...i Havent Lost Any Weight For A While But I Havent Gained Either...i Havent Been Doing As Much Exercising Though Cause So Much Has Been Going On...im Sorry Yours Arent Doing So Great...anything I Can Do To Help You?

Everyone Else...have A Great Day...thanks For Always Being Supportive!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Morning girls (and Rooster Man!),

I haven't had time to post for a few days so I spent this morning reading yesterdays and catching up...

Michelle ~ everyone is so right in saying that you did what you had to do. You have been carrying a whole lot of weight on your shoulders; emotionally, physically and financially. A mother can only do so much. Like Hanna, I am wondering if she'd consider giving the baby up for adoption? Please don't think me insensitive as I know how much you love the baby.

Sheila and Christina ~ so sorry to read about the funerals. Awful... Hopefully the worst is behind you.

Melinda Baby ~ HI!!!! As always, I laughed when reading your posts... "like a gorilla in heat"... you are too much. So glad to have you back with us!!!

Lauren ~ Happy Ironing;-). I hate to iron. People think that I'm nuts though as I like to clean.

GG ~ hope that you're all better today. Happy Househunting this weekend.

Hanna ~ keep us posted on Sean. My heart always goes out to you Girlfriend...

I gotta go. Hello to everyone else that I missed! Lots to do today; last day of school for the two older kids and we close on our current house today. Happy Thursday everyone ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:07 AM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Joan, I'll do your ironing if you'll come clean my house!!

Speaking of house, exciting stuff going on. We're putting an offer on a house we saw a couple weeks ago!! Going to sign the papers at lunch. I'm soo friggin' excited...and scared...but mostly excited!!

I'll try to get back with responses later....
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:08 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

MJ, my parents went down to check on both sets of grandparents on Memorial day ~ I didn't go because I was feeling MSy (Thats PMS during). I knew if I got agrivated (which usually happens) I would say something and upset the whole of everything. Besides my one grandma hasn't spoken to me in 3 yrs ~ except to respond to me. I have to make the first move so I stay quite.
Don't be eating like that ~ its not healthy. What are we going to do with you girl?
Glad I could cheer you up.

Darcy, weren't you the one that made the rule about exersizing before visiting us? I just thought you forgot about us. I am glad to see you are back. How old are your kids now?

GG, How are you feeling? I have never had a root canal and knock on wood, I wont ever have it done. Again good luck house hunting.

Joan, Congrats on the house signing.

JKLA, When I exersize I either listen to my country tapes ~ something upbeat like Garth Brooks or Toby Keith ~ or I listen to Rod Stewart's 2nd American Songbooks CD. Generally I like the faster music. I can get through the routine faster. (I do the balance ball)

Lauren, Congrats on the offer. We will keep our fingers crossed for you. I am soo excited. Hopefully they will accept. Keep us posted on the developments.

Karen, RR, RX and everyone else ~

Lisa

Last edited by lppennington; 05-31-2007 at 11:15 AM.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Hello everyone and good morning!
Melinda you are too funny! I love your sence of humor, it is great to be that way! life can be so much easier that way! S lots of

Sheila how are you guys doing? How is DH? I am sorry for your loss.

Joan Hello! I was wondering were you were! I don't like cleaning at all, I am thankful for housekeepers! I do like to iron thus! isn't that funny?

Darcy how about Latin music? I can be pretty upbeat! How was your work out yesterday.

GG did you get to the dentist?

Rooster how are you? are you reading the posts, are you still walking and getting out?

Lauren how exciting!!! how many bedrooms/baths? how big is the house? I wish you the best of luck with your offer!!! post the MLS to see pictures of your soon to be new home!!!

Today is a very busy day, DH already left to work, last day of the month is always crazy in the car business, who knows when he will be home tonight, pretty late!
The class I took yesterday at the gym was a core class lots of abs! It was very good. Today I am hurting BAD! I am going today to the 9:30 class it is fabulous, the same class I took last week for the very first time (ever taking a class) and I am going to try to stay for the second class weight lifting.

We could hear from the new school very soon, it could be today or in 2weeks, I hope is sooner rather than later, I really want to see him in the right program, now they are not calling it "day treatment" they are calling it "non public school" what ever!
Sean had a great night last night, I tucked him in bed at 6:45PM and he slept till 7:10 AM, he may be going thru a grow spurt. He is off school early today.

I got to go, my neighbor just called, she is out of coffee and she wants me to make her a cup, she is very funny! I guess I am going to drink more coffee before I go to the gym.

Have a great day every one!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:27 PM   #9  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Ok well i still havent heard a word from her and i miss the baby like crazy i cant even look at her pic's but im sticking to my guns for now I have been disrepected for way to long by her and she needs to run out of resources in order to appreciate the life i have struggled to give her

Oh and just to change the subject last night my suburban fuel pump went out and i took the bus today to work LOL im laughing at least i needed something to take jess and the baby off my mind but this new thing is costing me 259.99 just for the part DH will fix it sat morning hopefully
well take care i will be checking in later
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:37 PM   #10  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Here's a link to the house: http://homes.realtor.com/prop/1074090522 We just got back from our realtor's office and made an offer. He's going to present it to their agent tomorrow, because she's away until then. I sure hope they accept. Unfortunately the house a block away just sold in less than 2 wks. for a little over 500K. But it is such a nicer house than ours, updated and all. Our agent thinks our offer is spot on. It needs sooo much.

Michelle, Sorry about the fuel pump...nothing like a nice, expensive car repair to keep you going, huh?

Lisa, Great pic!! Nice to see you back.

Christina, Sounds like it was a nice service. for Dominic.

Sherry, Wish I could help ya' with the music...I should be exercising, but I'm not. How about some Oldies, like from the 50's? When I used to go to Curves, they had a tape with Oldies on it and it was fun.

Melinda, it was probably the darn pizza girl!! Thanks on the pic...I usually look like a dork, so I'm real happy with that one.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:46 PM   #11  

Lisa~yes, that was me that decided that I needed to workout Before I allowed myself computer chat time and I WAS doing well with the workouts for a while back then, but with all that time exercising, I did not have time to check in before I would have to work and I am sure you know how quickly the day can get away from ya. Then add to that all of the health issues all winter long and so on....
I am now getting up earlier, getting DH off to work, doing the workout, getting kids off to school and then I usually have a little time for chatting before I have to run off to the next thing. Sometimes my chatting is here, sometimes it is on the phone, but I am trying to get in some regularly scheduled 'girlfriend' chat time, it is good for my mental well being.
My boys are 7 & 9 now, I just don't know where the time has gone!

Lauren~Good luck with the offer!!

Hanna~classes at the gym sound like fun, I may just try to fit some of that in this summer myself. I usually do my workouts at home, so I have a pretty extensive video collection (Turbo Jam, Taebo, Slim in 6, Yoga booty ballet) I have been doing the Taebo the longest, but my favorite is Turbo Jam. I find that my muscles ache quite a bit too, after a good ab workout or weight training. I have been trying to use a supplement that I read about on the "ladies who lift" thread~Glutamine and it really helps cut down the next day muscle pain.

Well, hello to everyone else!! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-31-2007, 01:52 PM   #12  

Lauren,
The house is beautiful! Will keep my fingers crossed, Best of luck to you!
Old 05-31-2007, 01:53 PM   #13  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Yes, "Roo" is here & reading. He's also getting out and walking from time to time - but not as much as he should. Been working hard to get things ready for the model train show this weekend.

Eating habits have been awful. Worst part is that I can't seem to make myself care about what I eat, but I get upset when I look at myself in the mirror or get on the scale. :P Blah.

Anyway, after this weekend I desperately have to focus on studying for a certification exam that I have to write before I head out on vacation. And then I'm off to Ontario for 2 weeks at the end of June! (Sorry, Melinda, doesn't sound like we're going to be able to get to Kalamazoo this go around. Crossing the boarder doesn't excite me these days....not that it does MOST days.)

So, like I said, I'm here more than once a day to read and keep up with everyone. Your words of encouragment are received and appreciated always and know that your troubles are in my heart (Michelle) and I'm with you to celebrate your successes.

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:36 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

RX, anytime you want to go see Kalamazoo, I am probably only 2 hrs or less away. Toledo is nothing to write home about, but since there are great resurants in Kmazoo ~ I would meet you guys there.

Darcy, I hear ya on making time for girlfriends.

Lauren, cute house. I would most likely take the wallpaper down in the kitchen and paint the beadboard in the familyroom, but then again that is my taste. Good luck.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:10 PM   #15  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

HECK YEA, ROO & LISA-That would work great! So, let's keep that in mind! Definitely! Roo-bie Slippers- Glad you're still hovering around-we need that dose of testosterone in this madhouse of estrogen baby!

Darcy: Did you try that grasshopper protein concoction??? Oh, and oh my gosh-your family is ALSO adorable. In the one pic your youngest son looks like he's about to play air guitar. SOOOO cute!

Lauren: SWEET house! Nice bar too girl! Oh, but I hate waiting!!! Will you tell us the SECOND you find out???? It's just beautiful and this is sooo exciting! BTW-how the heck can you remember everyone's name when they return from being gone from 3FC for a long time? I'm always amazed and
dazzled by you!

Lisa: I really think it's the period cravings killing me right now. Today I did well with a tuna sandwich and no snacks..and drinking water left and right...and then I go and buy a HUGE piece of coconut cream pie. The thing was almost the size of the empire state building. I feel like barfing up a lung. I really think I've got some issues. I think it was the right thing for you to do-staying home rather than hanging out with the family during the holiday. Did you do anything special just for you though? I grilled myself a steak. I know, not very exciting.

Hanna Nanna: Please don't forget to stretch your abs a couple times today (especially tonight before going to bed)....after working them so hard.

Sherry: What type of music do you listen to so we can offer some suggestions?

Michelle: See, your feelings today totally prove my point-you are a very loving and caring mother! So there!

Christina: Thank you so much for your offer of help! Yes, I really do need some harsh butt kicking! Truth is, I haven't been putting in ANY effort as to training or eating healthfully. So, even though my energy level has improved vastly.....noone is going to lose weight just by the grace of their guardian angels. So yes, if you could play hardball with me, I need it. I'm really starting to get miffed @ myself. I mask it well with my award winning humor (Yeah, right )....but I'm very disappointed in my lack of commitment! Hey, I'm glad to hear that Dom did break down-that is so much healthier than keeping it bottled up. Poor little sunshine, though-that had to be tough for him! Give him this:

Joan: Congrats on the closing!!! One step closer baby!!! WHOO HOO!

Ok all, time to hit the porcelain chair! Melinda (MO)

Last edited by mjoste; 05-31-2007 at 03:33 PM.
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote