LA Weight Loss - LAWL Losers and Friends _ Week of May 21- 27, 2007

Pages : [1] 2

ElleofALady
05-21-2007, 05:44 AM
Oooh, am I the first to post?

ElleofALady
05-21-2007, 06:26 AM
Good Monday morning everyone! I am sitting up in bed watching Dallas and waiting until 6 AM, so that I can start my POP day without any hitches. Well, I finally cheated my fat arse off this weekend. I was so frustrated about my weight not moving...that I ate Pizza Hut Fri & Sat...all day...grazed like a cow on Meat Lovers and Supreme!!! I will say I enjoyed every last bite and sort of didn't care about my weight this weekend. It was liberating! And guess what, my scale has not moved as of this morning. In a way, I wanted it to go up...If it does go up later this week due to my weekend indiscretions, I don't think I will get upset. I am/was stressed about being OP and not seeing "results". So, I needed a relief. (Disclaimer: Do not try this, as individual results may occur.:D ) Other than that, I've been very busy...still. The yard is almost where DH and I want it, the redecorating is getting there, and the regular housework is still not done. Aaahh, life goes on!

So, what's up with everyone?

Liz & Dan- Sorry to hear about your COD catastrophy. Hopefully, contacting your credit card co. will resolve this. Awful, just awful what these folks did. I know with you and Liz being each other's counselors, you two will probably do much better than the crazed ones at COD.

Libby- Have your arms fallen off yet?

WendyNC- That's great your hubby has started LAWL. Hopefully, him and Dan can get to know each other.

KrispieD- Did you stay away from the liquid fruit this weekend? ;) You still inspire me.

Wendy2- How's the workout coming along? Hint, Hint. Actually, I am supposed to start my extra courses of walking today, so I am sending you some "work out power dust" your way.

Joni- How was your outing this weekend? Glad to hear about Evette's goal weight...She is actually how I found this forum. I googled LAWL and 100 lb weight loss and her post showed up. She is so inspirational.

Angie- Yeah, it did sound like a Nat'l Geographic moment. Hopefully, you didn;t have too much of a mess to clean up.

BobbySam- Where are you girl?

Dannette- You are real!!! Cute pic!

Who else??? Well, 6 AM has come and gone...so food is on my mind. Can't remember much else now. Will check in later...I have WI today.

equinetcan
05-21-2007, 08:30 AM
Good morning everyone,

Heres to a POP week - at least for me. I will go to COD for the dreaded WI tomorrow. It is a long weekend here this weekend so they are not open today. I have been slacking the last 2 weeks and I can't anymore. Make that I WON'T anymore. So I got out my LAWL binder and the cookbook and this afternoon I am going to re-read everything including my plan book to get myself going again.

It is going to be a bit harder starting next week where for 5 weeks I will be 4p-12a everyday at work during my training but I am going to try and talk to my COD (providing I get one of the knowledgable ones) and get some suggestions. Tomorrow after work I will hit the store to get some more fresh fruit and veggies for the week.

So that's my plan. Also with working so late in the day I am going to walk everyday I can through the day before I go to work. Time to dig out the pedometer and start tracking my steps again.

Today I am getting together with a friend for a couple of hours but other than that it is pretty wide open. I go see furkid tomorrow night. Back to work tomorrow too but only for 4 days and then no more with that client.

Have a great day everyone ;)

fan4u2
05-21-2007, 08:32 AM
I will say I enjoyed every last bite and sort of didn't care about my weight this weekend. It was liberating! And guess what, my scale has not moved as of this morning. In a way, I wanted it to go up...If it does go up later this week due to my weekend indiscretions, I don't think I will get upset. I am/was stressed about being OP and not seeing "results". So, I needed a relief. (Disclaimer: Do not try this, as individual results may occur. )

Morning letisha and I am real lol pictures make a person more real than a big bowl of fruit lol

your up bright and early and remebered to post on the new thread wtg..... I love the fact that you posted....(Disclaimer: Do not try this, as individual results may occur. ) that was to funny!!!!! You know I think you were right that maybe you needed a break just to break loose and I admire you for being able to get back on plan today.....I had pizza last night 2 large peices and my reason for having it was we painted the kitchen ceiling and the bathroom yesterday and they still need another coat today..so we needed a quick meal but I have to say my body tells me when it doesn't like grease because I was asleep 2 hours later lol......Today is my daughters 15th birthday today and she has quite a few friends comming over for dairy queen ice cream cake that she is making herself....(yes kristen I said dairy queen again)......however I have resolved I will be POP today and tommorrow before I have to go on the liquid diet on wed before my tests...hoping to have the fat cells flushed down the toliet :p ....no WI for me till a week from today. I am not even going to get on my home scale because I don't want to see a big loss and then when I start eating again to see a gain......I think that would piss me off and make me go off plan...Well I have to tell you all I put on a pair of shorts I wore last summer to paint and was so amazed they almost fell off :o they are so loose that they are now hip huggers with the crutch down to my knees it felt so good to have them so big...but i think thats why i had the pizza because I felt skinny......but today I realized I AM STILL A FAT WOMAN and back on plan

Well I hope everyone had a great weekend....It has been so quite here....so everyone wake up and tell us what you did on this long weekend

fan4u2
05-21-2007, 08:39 AM
:bravo: alahanah for getting back on plan

I take it you work in home care? is it for the elderly.. one on one or in a group home?

equinetcan
05-21-2007, 08:40 AM
Hey Danette - you and I were typing at the same time. How's it going in Cape Breton? It is still miserable here. Nothing but clouds and rain for almost a week now. We might get a few sunny periods today but I imagine they will be fleeting. Where are you in CB? I was in Sydney for 7 years when I was a kid on Castle drive just up the hill from the Holiday Inn (at least it was still the Inn a few years ago) We were right smack in the middle of the hill. The house is still there. Several years ago my mom and dad went back for a visit and got pictures and it still looks the same.

Oh well, don't worry about the pizza. We all have slip ups and we can all recover. You enjoyed it and today is a new day!!! :carrot:

equinetcan
05-21-2007, 08:43 AM
No Danette I work in a call center and we are getting a new client that I am moving over to. Recently I moved into the quality department...when you hear "this call may be recorded for quality purposes"....that's me listening at the other end to see how the rep did and score the call. I will be doing that for the new client and the training for it is 5 weeks. Unfortumately I got one of the late shifts so I am not looking forward to that. Right now I deal with a company in BC but this new on is Colorado, Wyoming and Nebraska.

fan4u2
05-21-2007, 08:45 AM
I am by the mayflower mall (Green road) about 4 miles from where you lived...do you remember anything about sydney as you were young leaving...do you have realatives still here? I worked at a call centre stream and eds what client are you getting...I know I called aliant and got n.b

equinetcan
05-21-2007, 08:51 AM
My center is all inbound. Billing and collections calls for natural Gas. We have an outbound center in this city but I couldn't do that. I hang up whenever sales reps call me!! I tell ya I can explain just about anything to do with a heating utility. Whether it is gas, oil or hydro they are all the same. I spent most of this winter explaining to friends and family why their hydro bills were so high. Even the older ladies in my building were asking me to explain. They congregate in the lobby area of my building each night and it is usually when I am getting home so I get ambushed!!!

I have no family in CB. I do in Halifax but that's it. I don't remember much about Sydney, other than some of the neighborhood where I lived. My school got torn down just after I left and turned into a seniors home. But to go out the mall way...no I don't remember that.

Joni135
05-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Quick good morning to all. I'm super jealous of anyone that is teaching and this is their last week (this is the last week of school for Georgia kids). When is Kim's TT? and I do believe Julie and Josie get home today!! WELCOME HOME GUYS!

Letisha - good job on getting our new weekly chat format up and running. Hope your pizzafest doesn't get the best of you, but I certainly know how you feel. Every so often, you just have to give in.

fan4u2
05-21-2007, 09:03 AM
alannah do you have messenger???? add me in fan4u2@msn.com

DenverChick
05-21-2007, 09:25 AM
Kim's TT is tomorrow!!! I bet she is getting so excited.

MomOfThreeTeens
05-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Good morning guys! Just a quick stop to say hello. Theres no way to get caught up with all the pages I havent read through. I've got a million things to get done today since I'll be out of comission for a while. A Mothers work is never done!
Say a prayer or two for me in the morning, surgery is at 7:30. It will take about 2 1/2 hours, a few in recovery then home to sleep with some really good drugs! LOL I'll get in touch as soon as I can to let you know how everything went!
On the food front? I ate horrible all weekend and I feel like crap! LOL So lets hope a few days on a liquid diet will undo all the damage I did! Never thought I would look forward to beef broth and jello!
Hope everybody has a great week and I'll be back as soon as I can!! You'll never know how much the support of this group means to me!

DenverChick
05-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Hi Letisha. No, my arms haven't fallen off yet but I did manage to spend Friday night in the emergency room. Seems I either have carpel tunnel or nerve damage that is effecting my fingers on my right hand and 2 on my left. They were burning so bad I just wanted to chop them off! And, very oddly, they swelled so bad that they caused severe bruising underneath my acrylic nails (I know, wierd to have when you are a decorative painter). I finally had to soak them off to get some relief because they were pushing up behind them.

So, I thought I would post a couple of pics of the completed ceiling so you can see what has cause all this damage to my body. Hope this works...

smjezzy
05-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Good morning people! Was a nice weekend. I got my pantry bleached out and organized. One would think that would be a fairly simple task huh? 4 freakin hours. I also cleaned out the fridge. It looks so nice I hate to fill it up again. Saturday was a very busy day doing stupid little chores like that and Sunday I just vegitated all day. I got my earthbox planted on Saturday as well. Crossing my fingers for a good crop. I found the farmers market and bought several things. The best was the black eyed peas. Boy were they delicious. My son even devoured them and he normally hates peas. I was hoping they counted as veggies but I see they sucked up my starches. BLAST IT ALL.

So, couple of questions. I found some pepperidge farms bread that's thin sliced and 40 calories per slice - would 2 slices count as 1 starch? Also, I don't see granola in my book. It's organic, reduced fat, 120 calories per serving. I was going to count it as a starch but since I don't see it in the book i thought I'd better double check.

Kim ....1

Where is Kim anyway, did I mis-count? Is she under the knife as we speak? There you are! You must have been posting at the same time. I have been counting down for you.

Hey Letisha - good to see you again.

WI was a pain. I didn't lost an ounce and she tore my book to shreds. I really do try to eat all this food but it's harder and harder each week. Starting to feel fat again, not that I ever got unfat but I felt smaller at least. Went on a mission this weekend and grabbed a bunch of stuff out of debs cookbook and cooked/prepped Sunday. We had the chicken with onion soup recipe yesterday (can't remember what it was called). I have the chicken for the asian lettuce wraps in the fridge marinating and I've got shredded chicken in the freezer for chicken rollups and the taco fettucini is in the freezer ready to nuke. I should be ok till Thursday which is graduation day. I will be making myself a turkey buger so I won't be terribly off plan. I packed everything up for the day. Yogurt and granola for snack, v8 for breakfast, leftover chicken and rice from last nice and a container of frozen fruit for snack.

OH OH OH When I went to the store yesterday I found some 80 calorie zone bars. They are little baby ones. I don't really do LA Lites but would these count as 2 zone = 1 la lite? I don't mind eating 2 a day on these for 80 cals each.

Water aerobics tonight - give me strength to go. I actually broke down and bought a smaller bathing suit this weekend. HEY I BOUGHT A SMALLER BATHING SUIT!!! I do have a question though. I'm very confused about sizing.

The lady at the store said that X = 14 so if we go on that logic 1X = 16, 2x=18 etc., etc., I actually thought 2x = 22, but I'll get over that. Now on the same rack they have size 16, 18, 20 (never see a 14 in a big girl store). In my closet I have a mix of 2x and 22/24's - according to the lday those aren't even the same sizes. But both used to fit me. Now I'm fitting in 1x or size 20. I don't fit into an 18 or a 16 which is what she said a 1x is. This is at Catherines by the way. Does anyone know the real scoop on sizing for big girls?

Libby - how pretty!

DenverChick
05-21-2007, 09:47 AM
Here are a couple more...

Dan2112
05-21-2007, 09:49 AM
Morning all..

Wow Libby.. Very cool indeed.. Sorry you're paying a price for your hard work, however.

THanks for the kind words Letisha... The problem with Liz and I being our own counselors, is that we're more likely not to yell at each other for going off POP and depending on what the food violation is, we might decide to just throw caution to the wind too... I'm thinking Hooters for dinner tonight..

So far, so POP today!

Be good, y'all!

equinetcan
05-21-2007, 10:08 AM
OK, I joined the real world and added msn messenger thanks to Danette!! LOL. If anyone wants to add me it is equinetcan@hotmail.com.

Gotta go and try and sort out this rats nest I call hair before I leave the house today...I would scare someone right about now!!!

Be back later!

mamato2girls
05-21-2007, 10:40 AM
Good morning! Just thought I'd pop in real quick. DH is surviving FF so far. I'm very proud of him because he's given up his precious Mountain Dew (regular of course). He's replaced it with unsweetened tea because he doesn't care for diet soda. He's enjoying the unlimited meat and veggies, but he's not happy with having to eat 4 oranges!! He's not a big fruit eater, so he will probably get most of his fruit servings in smoothies once he starts the plan. We decided on red w/out the bars. Oh, and a co-worker of mine just told me this morning that she joined LAWL this weekend, and put me down as the referrer. So, I'm getting a $100 in store referral credit. I didn't bulk Lites, so this will help a lot!!

Well, got lots of work to do. Hope everyone has a great day!! I'm hoping I can squeeze WI today but not sure if that's going to happen or not. Lots going on today, and if I don't go before I eat lunch, then there's no sense in going. After that, I'll weigh more than I should.

JerseyMadchen
05-21-2007, 10:50 AM
Good Morning All!

Libby, the ceiling is absolutely GORGEOUS! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I hope your hands recover. Also that your compensation was worth the pain and agony.

I had a bad weekend, Omelette with hash browns for brunch and Don Pablos for dinner. I had a chicken quesadilla at Don Pablos, but also had too many tortilla chips and queso... Am walking extra this week and upping my water to make up for it.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and isn't too miserable like myself to be back at work. We're finally having a somewhat decent spring here in Jersey, so it's so hard to come into theoffice when it's gorgeous outside.

On a bright note, my sister received her financial breakdown from Rutgers this weekend. For an in-state commuter, tuition costs ~$9500. They awarded her over $13k. $4k in bonus!! I need to get my rear end in school!! I want some of that!!!

jessicarenee331
05-21-2007, 11:03 AM
Good Morning Everyone! This weekend wasnt too awfully bad for me, Friday night i did eat 1 and half slices of pizza, counted as a CC. Saturday I was good, even during my Aloette party for which I made the Pulled Pork BBQ recipe from the LAWL cook book. It was really good! I also made a choc peanut butter cake, but did not eat any of it! Everyone else loved it though, thats what matters I suppose. Saturday morning was WI for me, down 1.8 since last monday. so that made me happy. yesterday I felt like I did bad but I dont know that I actually did. I worked in the morning until 2, and I just ate a Lean Cuisine while I was at work, then we went down to my grandparents and they grilled hamburgers and hotdogs. I had 1 hamburger and 1 hotdog, plain no buns or ketchup on either one. Only mustard, (and only a little to dip them in). now comes Memorial Day weekend!!

emmysmom
05-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Wow, Libby...BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I wish I was going for a TT tomorrow...lol...but seriously, I'll be praying for you, Kim.

I had a POP weekend and the scale showed no change from Friday - evil, I tell you!!! I'm just gonna hang in there. I have 0.8 to go to make my Memorial Day goal. If I don't make it, I'll scream...really, I will.:)

Joni135
05-21-2007, 11:36 AM
Shannon - in the updated guide Deb sent me a while back, it says 2 slices of light bread (1.5 oz) equals 1 starch. I say 40 cal bread equals light bread. I also see 1/4 cup (NOT MUCH) of low-fat granola cereal equals one starch. As far as the zone bar goes, I'm not really sure what to say since LAWL is not a calorie counting program. I can tell you that the LA Lites are soy-based, contain 180 calories, 4g fat, 8 gr protein and 3g fiber. If your two tiny zone bars equal about that, I would count it as a lite. Do the zone bars have soy? Soy is key (according to LAWL). They did the COD rip up your book??

Kim - thoughts and prayers will be coming your way tomorrow at 7:30 a.m. (eastern time zone??)

Libby - your work is beautiful, but I do hope your hands and arms are doing better. Sounds like you may have been forced to do this job in a faster timeframe than your body wanted you to.

Tina - hang in there.....you'll get there!!

Dan2112
05-21-2007, 11:55 AM
Wendy.. If I can get used to eating fruit, so can your DH.... After a while it becomes second nature.. I sympathize with the soda... I'm a die hard addicted Dr. Pepper drinker... I've missed the regular stuff something fierce, and I really don't like the diet version.. But obviously I've survived...

Tina.. Give it another day for your weekend goodness to show up on the scale.. and Don't sweat.. Remember - you didn't go up either, did ya?

It's so weird, now that we have a scale at home, to see the difference a day, or even a few hours can make... As a lark, I got on the scale after eating a pretty big dinner last night, and it showed me 5 lbs. heavier than I was yesterday morning... This morning, I got on and I had magically dropped 4 lbs over night... I can see how and why this drives some people batty!!

smjezzy
05-21-2007, 11:58 AM
Shannon - in the updated guide Deb sent me a while back, it says 2 slices of light bread (1.5 oz) equals 1 starch. I say 40 cal bread equals light bread. I also see 1/4 cup (NOT MUCH) of low-fat granola cereal equals one starch. As far as the zone bar goes, I'm not really sure what to say since LAWL is not a calorie counting program. I can tell you that the LA Lites are soy-based, contain 180 calories, 4g fat, 8 gr protein and 3g fiber. If your two tiny zone bars equal about that, I would count it as a lite. Do the zone bars have soy? Soy is key (according to LAWL). They did the COD rip up your book??

Can I get a copy of that updated guide? Why don't the CODs have those?

Mini Zone Bars about 2" x 1"
Calories: 80
Calories from fat: 25
Fat: 2.5 g
Sat Fat: 1.5 g
Trans Fat: 0
Cholesterol: 5 mg
Sodium: 110 mg
Potassium: 40 mg
Total Carb: 10 g
Fiber 1 g
Sugars: 7 g
Protein: 5 g

On the list of ingredients soy protein nuggets is number 1

Yes I got the "Shannon, you're not eating all your food" lecture. I eat as much as I can. They don't seem to take into account that I'm on Byetta (diabetes) and if I eat too much I throw up. I'm going to have them talk to a dietician about that

Well I just called and explained about my meds and got the "Shannon, I promise it's not too much food" response. I've been on this diet since Feb 26 and I can count on 1 hand the amount of days I managed to shove down all this food.

And thank you for responding btw.

zambejaly5
05-21-2007, 12:26 PM
Shannon which plan are you on? when I can't get all the food in I try to get as much as possible in liquid from

Slimfast of slimdown= 1 Starch, 1 Protein
V-8 4 oz= 1 Veggie
fruit juice 4oz= 1 friut
milk 8oz= 1 dairy

if you try really hard you can almost drink your whole day!! (they probably wouldn't like that either!)

slim n trim
05-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Good monring everyone,

just checking in here real quick .... its a holiday in Canada today, but I have lots to do. Starting with, need to get some groceries in my fridge. It has been a real busy weekend.

Stayed pretty good OP with the exception of last night we went for dinner after golfing with friends - and I had two - not one - but two - salted ceasers... I know - I could have ordered them not salted - the salt police willl be after me now - but I didn't. So, now I am drinking water, and doing the hlw like crazy today. Didn't weigh myself this morning as my scale has not been my friend lately anyway - I think it is stuck - maybe its broken - ha ha......

anyway - Kim - my thoughts are with you. best of luck to you, and enjoy that soup and jello.

Libby - beautiful work, sorry to hear about your hands. I feel for you - I am suffering from tendonittis in my right arm right now - very painful.

Wendy - good luck with DH - its certainly much easier to do this when you don't have to cook two different meals.

Question - I have read lots of comments about Deb's cookbook - what is it, and where would I get a copy.

Hellos to Joni, Letisha, Kristen, Wendy II, Amy, Allanah, Dannette, Angie, Sarah, Tina, Katie's, Nicole, Jillian, Debbie, Cassie, Lettie, Jessica, and everyone else, who's name escapes me right at the moment.

Have a great day.

smjezzy
05-21-2007, 12:50 PM
I have no problems with starches, it's normally the 1/2 protein, veggies and fruits I have issues with. I already had a v8 for breakfast. I can't drink fruit juice because of sugar. I'm ok if I do the frozen shakes and put all my fruit in at one sitting. I will just have to start making it at night and putting it in the freezer to bring to work with me I guess. I can force most of it down but the veggies kill me.

I'm on the red plan no lites 2.5 protein, 4 veggies, 3 fruits, 3 starch, 1 fat, 1 dairy. In other words, too damn much food. She also started complaining about me not doing lites. Well if you'd do the lites.... Perfect solution, I can't eat the food they want me to eat now so lets throw in more! I think I might be able to choke down a cheese stick for the missing protein. I just don't understand how you get all the veggies down. Even without my byetta I couldn't eat that many veggies in one day. I ate a tomato last night (wasn't hungry) so that took up one and was still in the hole for 2. And then there's another issue - eating late at night to try to get as close to OP as possible.

I liked this diet when I was losing and not eating all the food but now it's obviously caught up with me. I think they need to move me to a different plan because of the Byetta. They need to take that into consideration.

zambejaly5
05-21-2007, 01:53 PM
I have no problems with starches, it's normally the 1/2 protein, veggies and fruits I have issues with. I already had a v8 for breakfast. I can't drink fruit juice because of sugar. I'm ok if I do the frozen shakes and put all my fruit in at one sitting. I will just have to start making it at night and putting it in the freezer to bring to work with me I guess. I can force most of it down but the veggies kill me.

I'm on the red plan no lites 2.5 protein, 4 veggies, 3 fruits, 3 starch, 1 fat, 1 dairy. In other words, too damn much food. She also started complaining about me not doing lites. Well if you'd do the lites.... Perfect solution, I can't eat the food they want me to eat now so lets throw in more! I think I might be able to choke down a cheese stick for the missing protein. I just don't understand how you get all the veggies down. Even without my byetta I couldn't eat that many veggies in one day. I ate a tomato last night (wasn't hungry) so that took up one and was still in the hole for 2. And then there's another issue - eating late at night to try to get as close to OP as possible.

I liked this diet when I was losing and not eating all the food but now it's obviously caught up with me. I think they need to move me to a different plan because of the Byetta. They need to take that into consideration.

well when all else fails. If I know what is going to work for me and it isn't what they say. I do what I want and write down what will make them happy. eat the less food, write down what they want to see. but watch it closely. if you stop losing, then you can't ask them why, you can only get back on their plan and then see how it goes and then ask them.

Wendelina
05-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Hi Everyone! Happy Monday!

Dan - Back away from the sclae!! Oh, and if you go to Hooters, remember that many of the breasts there have added sodium -- so stay away!! :-)

Libby - what beautiful work you do! No wonder your poor hands hurt! I hope you charge a lot for it.

Wendy - hooray for your DH! How did you get him to go along with you? I'm trying to gently persuade my dh as well.

Letisha - Thanks for the Dust!! I need it! I'm doing some major gardening tonight after work, so that'll count for something today at least. I'm sure struggling with getting back in the exercise groove though. Keep blowing that dust my way!

Alannah - Thanks for the hello on my Wall on Facebook! Very Cute!

Kim - Prayers and luck to you tomorrow morning!!

Hellos to Joni, Danette, Lettie, Shannon, Tina, Jessica, Amy and of course the rest of the gang who hasn't checked in yet today. :-)

Stay POP, Peeps!!

JLem311
05-21-2007, 03:26 PM
hey everyone. the kids are napping, so i thought i'd check in real quick.
not much going on today. just enjoying myself and my babies. :)
trying to focus on keeping POP, but not really worrying too much about it. i'm getting all my water in and just not really stressing myself out about it too much.
hope everyone is having a great start to the week. keep it goin' y'all.

smjezzy
05-21-2007, 03:45 PM
I could do that but I really think they need to investigate the Byetta and adjust the diet accordingly. It's a fairly new med but I'm sure there must be someone else on LAWL taking it.

Repo girl
05-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Hey guys, I am still lurking, mouth still hurting. I had to go back to the dentist this morning and be treated for dry socket again. Hope to be back in full force soon!!

bizlawchik
05-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Hi all! Midterm in the kitchen today went well, but I need to work on my knife skills! Still got an "A", though, so all is well.

Libby - The ceiling is absolutely gorgeous!

Kim2 - I'll send up a little prayer tomorrow morning for you! Enjoy the drugs and here's to quick healing.

Katie - Sorry about the dry sockets. I had them and they suck. Had to go back to the dentist three times before they finally cauterized them for good. I hope they are giving you some good pain killers! Feel better!

Everyone else - I've skimmed, but don't have time for all the personals I want to do. Sorry guys.

But I didn't send an e-mail to the LA dietician about the cherry slush and the you can see Joni posted it in the recipe section. 1 Fruit!

Also I asked about the Nature's Own Double Fiber Wheat Bread and was told that it is one starch.

And I asked about the Healthy Choice pre-packaged deli meat - the kind that comes in the 6oz pack of thin slices by the Oscar Mayer stuff - and was told I could use it on plan too. :)

Here is part of my e-mail, and then part of their response:

I have a few questions, actually. The easy ones are two items that I would like to know how to count on plan. This was on Hungrygirl.com: Cherry Lemonade Super-Slushie (Entire recipe: 65 calories, 0g fat, 35mg sodium, 15g carbs, 2g fiber, 12g sugars, 1g protein = 1 Point) Ingredients: 1 serving Crystal Light Lemonade drink mix (either 1/8th of a tub or 1/2 of an On The Go packet) 2/3 cup frozen, pitted sweet cherries 2/3 cup crushed ice Directions: Dissolve Crystal Light into 8 oz. of cold water. Combine with ice and cherries in a blender and process until well mixed but still icy. Pour into a large glass and enjoy! Makes 1 super-sized slushie! and I would also like to know if 2 slices of Nature's Own Double Fiber Wheat Bread would maybe count as 1 starch (even occasionally). Nutritionals are in this link if you need it... http://www.naturesownbread.com/Global/NutritionLabels/160028-Double%20Fiber%20Wheat%20Bread.pdf No artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors 100% whole grain 7 grams of whole grain per slice Contains omega-3 Excellent source of calcium 5 grams of fiber per slice High fiber 40 calories per slice 0 grams of trans fat Low fat No cholesterol Also, the Boca Burger Vegan Burgers are 70 calories, 13g protein, 1/2 gram of fat, 6 grams carbohydrates, 4 grams fiber each. Can they count as 2 for one protein since they are so low? 2 links of veggie sausage is 1/2 protein and that is 80 calories, so that's why I was wondering. Complete nutritional link below: http://www.bocaburger.com/boca_productinfo.aspx?product=5928333445

Their answer:

Thank you for contacting us. You can count the Cherry Lemonade Super-Slushie recipe as 1 Fruit exchange. Also, 2 slices of Nature's Own Double Fiber Wheat Bread = 1 Starch. We do recommend having 1 Boca burger as 1 Protein as listed in your menu plan kit; however, if you choose to have 2 burgers for 1 Protein, please do so in moderation (no more than once per week). You can also use the Healthy Choice lunch meat.

Snook
05-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Question - I have read lots of comments about Deb's cookbook - what is it, and where would I get a copy.

Ditto!

Dan2112
05-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Cassi..

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, what's the sodium content on the Healthy Choice stuff?

Also, I guess the one advantage about our COD closing is that I can have my two slices double fiber bread and not take it on the chin for counting them as 1 starch!

bizlawchik
05-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Dan - Here's the smoked one, which is not the best one, but the only one I could find:

Serving size: 4 slices (52 g)Calories: 70
Calories from fat: 15 Amount/Serving %DV*
Total Fat (1.5g) 2%
Saturated Fat (.5g) 3%
Trans Fat (0g) 0%
Cholesterol (25mg) 8%
Sodium (450mg) 19%
Vitamin A 0%
Calcium 0% Amount/Serving %DV*
Total Carbohydrates (4g) 1%
Dietary Fiber (0g) 0%
Sugar (2g)
Protein (9g)
Vitamin C 0%
Iron 0%

I know it's not the best, but the other stuff goes bad pretty quickly so I sent them the e-mail asking for suggestions and permission for certain things due to these long hours and not being able to cook. Funny, I'm in culinary school, but can't cook my own meals?!?! I was actually walking through the produce section lamenting the fact that I haven't had mushrooms in so long. And spaghetti squash. :( I'm going to have to start making grocery trips on Thursday night or Friday for weekend produce.

Wendelina
05-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Angela & Slim n Trim -- I PM'd you about the cookbook

slim n trim
05-21-2007, 05:52 PM
thanks Wendy,

I just sent you a reply.

Snook
05-21-2007, 06:03 PM
Thank you!

LittleBlueCat
05-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Cassie - Awesome on the 'A'!!

Where's Nicole today??

equinetcan
05-21-2007, 06:45 PM
Hey everybody. Hope all are having a good day. I spent the afternoon with a friend chatting and having tea. It was fun to just visit and do really nothing but pass the time away in a good way. It would have been nicer had it been warm enough to sit outside a bit but it was still nice.

Shannon - I am on Red no lites as well and find it is way too much food for me. I get the lectures every week but I simply tell them I am doing the best I can and if it slows my loss than I accept that. Where I am on no lites it isn't guaranteed anyway so I deal with it. I have a great deal of trouble getting in the fruit, sometimes that last veggie serving and sometimes the last starch. I actually can't wait to go down a plan because that is where they take away and then it won't be so difficult. I refuse to force myself to eat if I am not hungry. They know that too. I hardly ever eat after supper anymore as that was a very bad habit I had and it took me a long time to break it. And I feel better when I don't eat at night.

Back to work tomorrow. It will be nuts as usual where we were closed today for the holiday but it will make the day go a little faster.

Hope everyone has a great night!! Gotta wait for DWTS finale on tonight too!!!

Dan2112
05-21-2007, 08:28 PM
^^Which holiday is that? I thought May 24 was the big holiday up there... Where everyone gathers at Lakeside Park on the 24th of May.. Sitting in the sand to watch the fireworks display...

equinetcan
05-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Dan - In Canada today was Victoria Day so it was a long weekend. It is always the weekend before the US Memorial day weekend. I know too darn cold up here me to sit on any beach and watch fireworks!!! LOL. We have a frost warning tonight. Supposed to get down to 1C. But finally tomorrow we are supposed to see some sun and it warm up a bit.

In the past I would normally have a horse show this weekend and more than one year I was warming Charlie up outside with a light amount of snow coming down and other years you would roast to death. That's Spring up here in Eastern canada these days. Usually in Spring we get all 4 seasons - sometimes in one day!!!

mamato2girls
05-21-2007, 09:48 PM
Not in the greatest of moods right now. Work is really getting me down again. Didn't get a chance to WI today, but hopefully I can tomorrow.

WendyII - I think I just inspired DH by example. When I first joined and told him my goal, he honestly did not think I'd be able to make it all the way to 130. I weighed more than that when we got married, for goodness sake. :) And, although I'm not quite all the way there yet, he's now seeing that this plan DOES work. Plus, I think I'm just getting too "hot" for him now and he feels like he has to keep up. LOL!!!

sar66
05-22-2007, 07:07 AM
Hi everyone!

wow its taken me ages to catch up on the "old" thread and now moved to this one

Went to Morocco for the weekend and stayed in Marrakech - crazy - snake charmers, Berber in beautiful traditional clothing, buildings all coral coloured, haggling in french for EVERYTHING including the taxi fares!!! (saving about 25c on a $1 ride!!) AND weighted myself this morning and was down a pound!!! Despite drinking wine (in hotel as Muslim country) and eating freely BUT carefully.

KATIE - they have dentist on the street, with a table full of teeth that they have pulled and dentures to try on (NOT new ones!!) Bet that makes you feel better about your visits to your dentist!! Hope youre feeling better.

DAN and LIZ - Dan watch the scale addiction! Hope you are both doing well.

AMY - the English off ice the BEST - even if you have to watch it twice cos of the way we talk! But it just makes you cringe so much , while recognising some of those ghastly characters that we have all worked with.

WENDY - I thought the Hooters breasts were only for looking at - surely you are not trying to lead Dan into trouble eating them and testing the salt content!!!!!!!!!

LIBBY - your work looks amazing - no wonder you hands are sore, what about arnica??

OK got to work as we had a little earthquake near here a couple of weeks ago and one of the tenants houses got damaged so got to sort out some redecoration for her! YES we do have earthquales in the UK (it was only 4.3 on richter scale)

Lysa - are you still there or defected to another diet plan?????????

Hi to eveyone else hope you are doing well

UK Sarah

DenverChick
05-22-2007, 09:11 AM
UK Sarah - What kind of work do you do?? Are you familiar with Helen Morris and her Stencil Library???

smjezzy
05-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Shannon - I am on Red no lites as well and find it is way too much food for me. I get the lectures every week but I simply tell them I am doing the best I can and if it slows my loss than I accept that. Where I am on no lites it isn't guaranteed anyway so I deal with it. I have a great deal of trouble getting in the fruit, sometimes that last veggie serving and sometimes the last starch. I actually can't wait to go down a plan because that is where they take away and then it won't be so difficult. I refuse to force myself to eat if I am not hungry. They know that too. I hardly ever eat after supper anymore as that was a very bad habit I had and it took me a long time to break it. And I feel better when I don't eat at night.

Yep I'm on Red no lites as well. I realized yesterday that they gave me the wrong book last time I was in. She gave me Red 1 which is even more food so I had to go back up there to get the right book. She actually acted like I was trying to bump myself down a plan. Wow. She's the one who assigned me this plan to start with. I am also doing the best I can, I'm not fighting the program. I just can't eat all this. There is a period of time between lunch and my second shot (around 6 pm) where it's calms down some and I found myself gorging yesterday to try to get all the food in. I actually did pretty good because I was only off 1/2P, 1Fruit, 1V yesterday. Normally it's a few veggies and most of my fruits. I weighed in while I was there and was down a pound since Saturday. That's a relief! I'm going to change my ticker and saver every moment..it's been a while. WOOHOO

I also made it to water aerobics last night. Yet another new teacher and she was tough. I really enjoyed it, I'm sore today if you can believe that! Sore from water aerobics! Hit the jacuzzi then steam room then home to watch the finale of 24. Go Jack Bauer!!

I did find the British version of the Office on PBS the other night. Something about the boss getting a promotion and the office was going to have layoffs.

Hey Kim - how's it feel to be a skinny minny? WOOHOO FOR YOU! Oh and ....0

Wendy - Sorry your job is stressful right now. I hope it calms down for you.

Katie - Hope you're feeling better!

Cassie - Can you come move in and cook for me?

emmysmom
05-22-2007, 09:42 AM
Okay, so my net loss of the 6 week challenge is 14.2 pounds. I did step on the scale again today hoping to hit 15...but still no change from Friday. I just hope that I can make it through vacation next week with no gain...and that I lose 0.8 by Sunday for my Memorial Day goal!

Hope everyone is having a POP day!

Nicole - where are you?

Katie - I really hope you're feeling better.

Too early in the day to do personals...I haven't finished my coffee yet.:)

fan4u2
05-22-2007, 09:42 AM
^^Which holiday is that? I thought May 24 was the big holiday up there... Where everyone gathers at Lakeside Park on the 24th of May.. Sitting in the sand to watch the fireworks display...

Dan the reason for calling it the may 24 weekend is because we have 24 of beer sold togeter her and it is a weekend of many two fours lol... It always falls on my daughters birthday of the 21st......to cold for sitting on the beach snow the other day and it's been raining for days now....still turning on my heat...no fireworkks here in cape breton on this weekend but the july 1st weekend is when we have fireworks...warmer by then ...sometimes:o ....as far as going to the lake...I have a summer home I go to on the ocean almost every weekend

Angie
05-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Sorry if my replies are out of date, or if I skip anything crucial. I'm skimming and commenting for 3 days worth of stuff since we were also cottaging for the (long) weekend here.

Jill -- One of the counsellors at my COD looked completely flabbergasted one time when I asked her about buying lites on Ebay. She said she'd have to ask the manager if that was okay..lol. Needless to say, I continued to do what I like.

Joni -- Thanks for your comment on the Wild Kingdom adventure here in my living room. I know he's supposed to do that, and I can appreciate it now. Better than having that cute little mouse running around in our house! "In the moment" though, I was less than cool under pressure...lol. I had trouble getting rid of the mouse, I can't imagine baby chipmunks!

Letisha -- I cheated my fat *** off this weekend too. Well, I wish 'off' applied, I actually cheated it a good 3 inches bigger I'm sure.

Alannah -- That's a very tough shift. Is there anyway you could treat yourself to a PVR to tape some of your favourite shows. I'm sure you deserve a little treat.

TN Kim -- Good luck tomorrow!!! I will say a little prayer for you (sung like Madonna) and be anxiously awaiting your rundown on how things went, and how you are feeling.

Libby -- Your work is beautiful. I'm so sorry that it is literally crippling you! What can they do to treat your carpel tunnel?

Shannon -- Sizing for big girls 101

Clothing manufacturers believe we have super duper long legs and arms to go with our bigger everything else.
If you see something cute in a regular store, you are bound to be disappointed by the fat-girl version. It will absolutely be made of fabric of either hideous texture or pattern.
Whatever size you think you are is a lie because all fat-girl clothes are made with lycra, which allows you to think you wear jeans 2 sizes smaller than you really need!

Okay, that felt good. Thanks for the vent opportunity.

About all the food, the only way I can do it without stuffing stuff in at the end of the evening is to plan a day or two ahead. Cut stuff up and bag it. Baby carrots are easy, you only have to eat 6 of them for 1V. 1 pear = 2Fr, same with bananas. I drink V8 too, and sometimes fruit juice. I like to sub unsweetened apple sauce for fruit sometimes too. Good luck!

Karen -- I have Deb's cookbook. Just PM me with your email address and I'll send it along to you.

Jillian -- Glad you're having fun with the kids!

Cassi/Shannon/Joni/Dan -- To everyone who is a part of filling me in that 2 slices of lite bread = 1 starch, THANK YOU! Oh, you can't believe how much easier my day will be knowing that!

DenverChick
05-22-2007, 09:59 AM
Hi Angie! Hands are better today. I am going to try some acupunture treatments and restart yoga. Hopefully I can keep myself limber enough to keep doing this. I can't stand the thought of going back to the corporate grind.

A couple of pictures from the phrase I painted yesterday in the kitchen nook.

Angie
05-22-2007, 10:08 AM
UK Sarah – Wow, what a fabulous weekend getaway! How much time was spent in travel, and how did you travel?

Well, I “Jasoned” this weekend too. (Jason, who knew you’d become a verb!?) I over starched myself, and didn’t get enough fruits and veggies. I ate waffles, cherry pie, mashed potatoes and beer, and still managed a 2lb loss. Weird weird weird….makes me think though that maybe purple is not working for me. I guess I’ll give it another week.

JLem311
05-22-2007, 10:12 AM
just checking in quick this morning to say hi. the vacay with the kids is going well...i have completely forgotten what it's like to be a mom to a toddler and an almost 4yr old. :) makes for an interesting day!

hope everyone is having a good day so far.

BobbySam
05-22-2007, 10:14 AM
OK, took me quite a while to figure out where you guys had gone! Thankfully Dan left a message on the other forum that it was dead!

Well, I have been really busy lately, not doing much exciting but the weather's been nice so we've been outside working in the yard, etc. Not so much time by the computer!

I have been really trying since my setback of my anniversary dinner then it was my TOM -- I didn't gain weight this time but stayed the same for an entire week! Anyway, I finally lost a bit more and hopefully will remain on track. I want to lose 30 lbs. before our trip July 2 -- 8 more to go! I'm making mini goals for myself as the end goal is just too far away. One step at a time ....

Have a great week everyone!

Wendelina
05-22-2007, 11:10 AM
Good Morning!

I have to share a funny story with you guys...

DH and I were out working in one of our small rose gardens.. and we found a buried cable.
DH says, "Oh, here's the old cable"..
to which I reply, "Uh, are you sure that's the old one? I thought that was the new one."
"No, I'm pretty sure the new one is buried over there by the bird bath"..

..so he cuts it next to the house.. then yanks 3 feet of it out of the ground and cuts that part off too.. well, guess which cable it was!! Yep.. the good one. So we have no t.v. until Wednesday when they come and repair it. I had to walk to the other side of the house and have a laugh at his expense. I'm still laughing today. :-)

More later.. have a good morning!

Mama Nicole
05-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Hi all…….I had a crazy busy fatty boombalaty weekend J

Kim….glad you are ok……..and I am not getting anywhere near a sclae for a while….LOL.

Beth………WTG on your great loss……and……I LOVE LOVE LOVE that episode of the office. Yet another use for bubble tape.

Debster……..I was getting worried….I’m glad you are doing well. We have been doing a bit of gardening ourselves.

Katie…….TGITOM. I am glad you got it, girlie. Whew.

Lettie…….my sis reminded me that I can be a bit of a ditz sometimes……..and I totally remember that the temp got the job. LOL. Oops.

Wow, Barb…..your wedding came up quick……..I hope it was a wonderful day for you.

Angie…….definitely pursue a career in writing……you have the gift. I LOVE your cat’s name…..Tido……is it after Tido Jackson???? LOL LOL LOL.

Joni……so happy for you that your MIL is sweet as pie…..but 10 days without you sucks. I hope you have time to check in every now and then.

What?????? 2 slices of lite bread = 1 Starch? HOLY CRAP, today is going to be a good day!!!!

Jason……we could never forget you, you wing eating MF…..LOL.

Letisha……looks like outside work and redecorating take priority at your house like they do at mine. It is the only way those extra chores get done…..it’s all good. I can sympathize with your Pizza Hut adventure. I hope you are all back to POP again, and seeing wonderful results. Everyone needs a break every now and then J

Karen……thanks for the sweet compliments on my kids. They are my pride and joy, and I am already thinking about how much I am going to love being a grandma.

Wow, I can’t believe Julie and Josie are home. Welcome home both of you J

Libby…..your work is simply gorgeous. Not good medical news for someone who uses her hands for work though. I hope you can get it under control soon.

Ok, so I am sure others already know the answer to this, but what the heck is an earthbox anyway, Shannon? I feel like such a dummy, everytime you mention it, I think I should know what it is…..LOL.

Cassi……congrats on your excellent midterm grades. I have been meaning to ask you…..what brand knives do they recommend? My knives just suck, and I am thinking about replacing them….but I just don’t know how much $$$ I want/need to spend to get a good set.

Nancy….thanks for missing me…… J

UK Sarah………I am going to have to get the English Office……I just love that kind of comedy J Earthquakes………OMG, my worst fear………

Tina…..I’m here, I’m here………J

Good to see you Bobbysam!!!

Well, I know I missed a bunch of you.......but I do want to shout out a great big hello to all of you.......I missed you all terribly over the weekend. I have no great plans today, so hopefully I can check in a few times throughout the day to play. I sure hope Kim #2 is doing ok.

XOXO

Mama Nicole
05-22-2007, 11:19 AM
LMAO WendyII...........I don't know if I would have made it to the other side of the house to laugh.............LOL.

emmysmom
05-22-2007, 11:24 AM
OMG, Wendy...that is just too funny! :rofl:

Angie
05-22-2007, 11:30 AM
WendyII – Good for you for walking to the other side of the house to laugh…I would have done it on the spot. I envy your control!

Nicole – I was wondering where you were this weekend. Thanks about the writing! Our cat came with that name, he was 6 months when we adopted him. We finally figured out that he was named after a hockey player, Ty (like Tyler I think) Domi, so I guess I should spell it Tydo. Tido Jackson…lol, our cat is too skinny! I don’t know what an earthbox is either. :blush: I love reading your long posts. I know, can you believe 2 lite bread = 1 starch??? Yippie!!

Off to check out JM's blog to see homecoming updates.

bizlawchik
05-22-2007, 01:02 PM
Nancy - Thanks for the kind thoughts. I was very happy with the grades. I'm working my butt off, but it's a labor of love.

Shannon - For the right price, I will move anywhere! :D

Tina - Awesome loss! You may inspire me to actually try the challenge.

Wendy - Sorry about the loss of TV, but I'm LMAO over here!

Nicole - Here's the thing w/knives... Learn how to sharpen them and then make sure you have a sharpener and a honing tool (that round straight thing in your knife block). I sharpen my knives every day before class and then use the honing tool either in between items or even while cutting them if the blade isn't sharp enough. Even the best knives won't do squat if they are dull. You can get a three-sided sharpener at any kitchen supply store. Have them show you how to do it. Oh yeah... and those wooden knife blocks we all use in our kitchen? Throw it out. There is no way to clean in the slots. Can you imagine how much dirt and bacteria must be in there?

As for me, got my grades back for the midterm and I got 97% on the written and 93% on the lab. My biggest downfall was the knife cuts, but I'm not too worried because that's why all commercial kitchens use food processors! Staying OP today, even with the food samples. That part is really killing me. It's like being thrown a curve every day because you have to try everything unless you are allergic or it's against your religion, so I never know if or what some other class will bring to sample.

Today we had some black beans with a litte bit of some kind of pork thing. I figure I'll count 1/4 c (roughly) as 1/2P.

Tomorrow we are making a sauteed chicken breast with a sauce of shallots, mushrooms, garlic and wine. You reduce it and at the end add 1/2oz of butter. And four cheese risotto and pan fried eggplant that we are adding cheese and sauce to create individual eggplant parmesan appetizers. WTF??? Do none of these people ever try to lose weight??? Plan is to taste (as in 1-2 bits) everything and then wrap up and bring to work and give the "free food" to the vultures here. That's the plan. Hopefully what actually happens will be the same.

Jrny2aNewMe
05-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Good monrning all!

It was a good weekend on the scales! After vritually stalling on the scale for about 3 weeks, it finally went down 4.2 lbs yesterday - woohoo! Even though it was a long weekend, my centre was still open.

Libby - I just love your work. I am so envious of people with artistic talent. My mother and my grandmother, and now my sister, are wonderful painters - but I certainly didn't inherit one of those genes!

Alannah - You mentioned that you would normally have been at a horse show this weekend - what type of show?

Anyone - can I chime in on getting a copy of "Deb's cookbook"?

One quick question for you all - I have made several of the recipes off here (just love the Pumpkin Cake/muffins and Mexican lasagna), but when I write them in food diary I include the count, and am always asked if I made the item myself. When I say yes, they ask if I got the recipe from their cookbook. Initially, I used to say no, I got it on-line, but now I just lie and say yes. But I'm always scared I'm going to get caught on it by one of them wanting to make it as several of the counsellors at my COD are also currently losing more weight. What does everyone else answer?

bizlawchik
05-22-2007, 01:17 PM
I tell them I got it online from the LA Chef. Or a friend passed it to me from the LA Chef, which is true. All of the recipes we posted, if they have the LA counts, they came from the LA Chef as a remake and were posted either on the LA Online site from other LA Online users who had the chef remake the recipe, or they were sent to the chef directly from us. If they want to find the recipe they can go online and get it too. Don't let them bully you. And don't let them make you think you have to lie. I subscribe to LA Online, but I only use it for the access to the dietician and the chef. I think this site is much better for the support, and for tracking, I prefer fitday over theirs. You are the customer, and you are using their recipes. Doesn't matter where you got it.

That being said, if you stall, you may want to cut down on some of the recipes that seem heavier. After I had been on the program a few months I stalled a bit and they suggested I limit the cookbook cooking to a couple of times a week. I did and it helped. I went back to using it a lot, but that little bit of cutting back did get me moving again.

Mama Nicole
05-22-2007, 01:55 PM
Cassi......thanks for the knife tips. I have a very cheap set, but am thinking of picking up a set when we go to Germany. My girlfriend has a set that she got for a weddig gift, and they are German knives, and I have watched her chop onions, and then slice a tomato like butter. She loves them. If I am going to buy some dumb old souvineers from Germany, I figure I might be better off buying 1 nice thing....mabye knives. I will definitely start sharpening them before I use them. Thanks again. I have been thinking about you a lot (miss you on here like it used to be), and wondering how on earth you are surviving all that food. I know how difficult it is for me to stay OP after having even a taste of something. Somehow that old fatgirl mentality sneaks right up on me, and I figure, well, I already went off plan........so screw the rest of the day. But, I KNOW that you can slip up a little, or have a moment of weakness, and not let it rule the entire day.....and it is still a challenge for me. I am sooo an all or nothing kind of girl. It's so hard to lose that attitude. I hope you are better at mastering that than I am, as you are presented with that challenge mon-fri. Keep up the good work at school..........isn't it so much more fulfilling to go to school now than when you were younger?

bizlawchik
05-22-2007, 02:09 PM
Nicole - You know, it IS more fulfilling. But I wish I had discovered my passion (or followed it) earlier. Now I have to worry about balancing a real job to support the family with trying to break into the field. I would love to be able to take a job at entry level pay and just work my way up. Oh well... such is life. And on the knives... remember that even the best brands have grades of quality. You can get the best name, but if you are getting their cheapest knife it means nothing. Look for a "full tang" (mind out of the gutter!) It means that the blade goes all the way through the handle to the end. Cheaper models have the blade stopping just a little bit in the handle. It's more likely to break that way. You will get longer life if the blade goes all the way to the end of the handle. You want to see three rivets in the handle that show it's properly anchored, and you want tempered steel, which means it was hand shaped (pounded out) instead of stamped out of a sheet of metal. It will be stronger and able to hold a sharp edge better.

OK... that's all I have for Knife Skills 101 today!

equinetcan
05-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Val - for years I showed at Arabian shows. Both here in the Maritimes and in the New England states. Went to Regionals once but I hated the politics of it so I never went back even though we qualified every year for 15 years. Charlie (my arab) is now 26 and retired. He just gets mega dirty (he is pure white) and the kids at the barn get the joys of cleaning him up! I showed conformation, hunter pleasure and western. Now I am in the process of trying to sell most of my stuff accumulated over the years.

Jrny2aNewMe
05-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Alannah - My DD would be so jealous! She absolutely adores horses, so much so that she wants to be a vet (starts Pre-Vet in September), specializing in equine. She just started showing in hunter's this year and is really enjoying it. She should have started last year, but just as the show season was starting to get underway here, she lost her horse to colic (he was only 8). So by the time we found another horse that worked for her that was already trained, the show season was pretty much over, because who wants to sell a good show horse in the middle of the season. She actually should have been in a show this past weekend herself, but her horse came up lame a week before the show, so she had to sit this one out. It is so great that you still have your horse at 26! Also to have the space to have a barn yourself, she would be so jealous as we live in the city. I wanted to llive an an acreage for years, still do, but had to give up that dream when we separated, however DD still pines for the extra space where she could keep her own horse instead of having to stable him. She'll just have to work towards that once she's a vet - then I can live off her, LOL.

smjezzy
05-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Nicole - Earthbox is a city slicker/black thumb version of your garden. www.earthbox.com supposed to be a wonder garden...I'll let ya know!

Cassie - I'll rummage thru my penny jar tonight and see how much I can come up with : )

Dan2112
05-22-2007, 03:16 PM
Howdy everyone.. Busy day for me...

So far, life without the COD is progressing... Losses are continuing as we hoped they would... Who woulda thunk it??

Gotta get back to work... Talk to you all soon!!

Be one with your POP...

bizlawchik
05-22-2007, 03:25 PM
Be one with your POP...

:yoga:

JLem311
05-22-2007, 03:35 PM
ok, so i just found a scale that my ex-dh must've bought recently and i got on the scale today..and it shows that i'm up 4lbs. wtf? i hope that it's not right, but i'm thinking that it might be. i haven't been as strict with myself as i was last time i was up here visiting...i've made cake (fat free but with full fat frosting), rice krispie bars and peanut butter cookies (all made reduced fat, but still)..not on plan. that's as far as my "choosing" has gone. but 4lbs? i've been drinking water like a mad woman..so i guess i'll just have to suck it up and take it.

i don't know why i "chose" to eat those things...i guess i just feel like i'm on vacay and just felt like it. my passion is baking, and it's even better with my little girl, so it's something that we always do when i visit. last time i didn't have much problem not eating what we made..maybe a bit or two here and there, but nothing like this time. maybe it's because TOM is here? idk.
anways, just thought i'd post on here and get this all out of my head.

i hope my challenge buddy debbie is doing better than i am at this point in the week! i lost 2lbs before i left and now i'm up 4lbs. ugh.
ok, i'm done venting now. this will pass and i'm sure i'll be fine. but the last trip up here after i got home i had discovered i lost 3lbs ... i just wanted that this time!

Wendelina
05-22-2007, 03:38 PM
I am in Universal Oneness with my POP... Ohmmmm.... Ohmmmmmm......

Wendelina
05-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Jillian - Vaca will do that to you -- don't let it get you down. I found my vaca weight came off very quickly when I returned home to the "real world" :-) Hang in there!

JLem311
05-22-2007, 03:47 PM
thanks wendy! the thing is..i'm not really on a magical vaca..i'm just hanging out with my kids at my ex-dh's house all week...a.k.a. "our" old house. so it's not like i'm in an out of the norm environment. he stocks the house with the foods i eat and i pretty much am just a SAHM for the week. so the fact that i've been "choosing" the wrong things to eat upsets me...since i did so well last time.
but oh well. my COD puts me on hold while i'm gone so i'm not wasting any of my WL weeks. but still. it annoys me that i can't even stay POP the whole time i'm here..i suppose it is the environment.
anyways, i'm gonna keep on going and keep making a conscious effort!

bizlawchik
05-22-2007, 03:54 PM
Hang in there, Jillian! We all have weak moments, and sometimes those moments stretch to a few days or so. Just try to keep it together the best you can until you get back into your regular environment. Enjoy the time with the kids. That's the most important thing right now. :hug:

JLem311
05-22-2007, 03:58 PM
thanks cassi! i'm trying not th stress myself out too badly about my choices. my time with my babies is more important than anything else. and julia even asked me if i brought my workout dvd so we can workout! and i did! ;) she so adorable! she thinks working out is a game to play....maybe we all need to look at it as that? ha!

Agibely
05-22-2007, 04:17 PM
I read a response to someone from Cassi that a string cheese counts as 1/2 a protein?? I asked my COD and they told me that a string cheese counts as 1/2 a dairy! I'm on gold with lites, what do you all think?

Mama Nicole
05-22-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm pretty sure string cheese swings both ways.........check the vegetarian protein section of your book :)

mamato2girls
05-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Actually, cheese can be used as either a protein OR a dairy, so both are right. :)

bizlawchik
05-22-2007, 04:24 PM
String cheese is swinger! (LOL) Actually, if you read the little paragraph in the book right under protein and before the choices its says... "For clients who eat a half protein in the morning, you may also use 1oz light cheese or 1oz lowfat, low-sodium Canadian bacon as options as well."

Agibely
05-22-2007, 04:24 PM
thanks Nicole and Wenday! I'll check it out in the book

Agibely
05-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Ooops Cassi we were posting at the same time, thank you to you too!

bizlawchik
05-22-2007, 04:31 PM
Ya know it's funny your COD would say that to you because one counselor at my COD actually pointed it out to me! I had thought it only applied to when I was on red and had 2 1/2 P, but she said if I was splitting it I could do that. My favorite on-the-go breakfast lately has been a biscotti and string cheese. (S,Fr,1/2P)

Agibely
05-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Well I read what you wrote and went to the COD and said is any cheese considered a protein? And they told me that only cottage cheese and ricotta cheese would be considered a protein. They even got the manager and asked her just incase. I will have to go in with my book and show them that, I bet they will be a bit embaressed!! So I can only use string cheese if I split the protein? I was thinking of doing 2 string cheeses as 1 protein, is that allowed or only if you split it? thanks so much!

bizlawchik
05-22-2007, 04:52 PM
Not sure about that part. I know that the book says soy cheese counts as a vegetarian protein (see the vegetarian lists), but I've heard other people here say they can use any light cheese as a protein. I would ask what your COD thinks about it. And also, if you want to be daring, you can try it and see how your body reacts to it. I'm sure once in awhile won't hurt, but if it's a regular substitution for a whole protein, I don't know if that's a great idea. I'm not sure of the whole nutritional thing of how something like chicken breast vs. cheese reacts in your body, but you definitely get more food with the chicken breast.

I know it's not a great answer, I'm kinda on the fence. I'm all for asking questions, but I also think that once we have the answer we should listen to what they say. It's the whole "listen to the program, don't fight it" mentality that I have. I know sometimes they have strange answers for things, but then I just listen to them and ask again in a few months. Or go directly to the LA dietician.

hdsqrl
05-22-2007, 05:09 PM
Might be a silly question (and I posted this in the TBL forum, too, just in case), but I'll ask it anyway:

I know that when you start working out, it's normal to gain a little weight as you replace fat with muscle. But what about walking that includes hills? I've started walking in the mornings with a woman who lives near me (and bless her heart, she's SO energetic in the mornings that it makes me sick but at least forces me to keep up with her, heh), and our route includes three fairly big hills. We've only walked 3 days so far, but already I'm starting to feel more muscle in my thighs. Should I mentally prepare myself for a slight gain, or does the non-hills-walking somehow cancel out the little bit of muscle I'm gaining from the hills?

Agibely
05-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Megan, to be honest, it would take quite a few months to gain a few pounds of muscle. It is not true that muscle weighs more than fat, a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat! The difference is the amount of space it takes up, you can have a lot more muscle in the same space you can have the same amount of fat, does that make sence? So, what I'm trying to say is that you really shouldn't be gaining too much weight from exercising, check out the exercise thread on this site and in the sticky's up top it talks about gaining weight and exercising and it says that you really shouldn't be gaining weight while exercising...I know people may think this explanation is wrong but my moms a personal trainer and has tried to explain this to me a bunch of times. hope it helps and keep walking, the benefits definetly outweigh any negative aspects to it!

Repo girl
05-22-2007, 07:00 PM
Haha, swinging string cheese, I love it.

bizlawchik
05-22-2007, 07:11 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_9_1.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt302YYUS) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_12_7.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt302YYUS)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZNxpt302YYUS (http://*********************************************************=ZSzeb112_ZNxpt302YYUS&utm_id=7920)

equinetcan
05-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Hello everyone,

Hope most of you are having a good day. I am back from seeing the furkid but this visit wasn't as nice as it usually is as the ex was there. Usually he and his new girlfriend go somewhere but tonight she was working and he decided to stay home. It is much easier when all I have to do is deal with him through text messages!!! It is going to likely get harder with seeing Chancey too as the girlfriend is now living with him fulltime. Hopefully he will keep his word and not keep her from me. I just keep telling myself it is only for a few more months and then I can take Chancey home with me and he can do whatever he wants with whoever!!

I guess that's my gripe for the day...sorry to dump but it was nuts at work - as expected - and then this. Not a great day. On the plus side I was good food wise!!

Check in later...

bizlawchik
05-22-2007, 08:49 PM
Hang in there, Alannah! I hope you get the furkid to yourself soon.

Mama Nicole
05-22-2007, 09:11 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_9_1.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt302YYUS) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_12_7.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt302YYUS)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZNxpt302YYUS (http://*********************************************************=ZSzeb112_ZNxpt302YYUS&utm_id=7920)

Go Cassi......get busy.......it's your birthday......go, go, go, Cassi!!! :rofl:

Mama Nicole
05-22-2007, 09:13 PM
Megan, to be honest, it would take quite a few months to gain a few pounds of muscle. It is not true that muscle weighs more than fat, a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat! The difference is the amount of space it takes up, you can have a lot more muscle in the same space you can have the same amount of fat, does that make sence? So, what I'm trying to say is that you really shouldn't be gaining too much weight from exercising, check out the exercise thread on this site and in the sticky's up top it talks about gaining weight and exercising and it says that you really shouldn't be gaining weight while exercising...I know people may think this explanation is wrong but my moms a personal trainer and has tried to explain this to me a bunch of times. hope it helps and keep walking, the benefits definetly outweigh any negative aspects to it!

but isn't it also true that in the first few days or week of exercising, you retain more fluids in response to the breakdown of muscle tissue, and can see a slight water gain (temporarily)? I am not postivie about this, but this is what I have heard.

Mama Nicole
05-22-2007, 09:14 PM
p.s. I am by no means any type of exercise expert.....I am mostly just a spectator LOL.

Mama Nicole
05-22-2007, 09:15 PM
sorry, can't get my poop in a group here......but wanted to send a :hug: to Alannah. XOXO

Agibely
05-22-2007, 09:23 PM
yeah, Nicole you are right away the water retention! So make sure you drink lots and lots of water, it's even very important when you are lifting weights!

Mama Nicole
05-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Kristen.........oh Kristen.......where for art thou????

mamato2girls
05-22-2007, 09:39 PM
Just popping in real quick before I go fold some laundry and turn in for the night. Haven't been to WI yet this week but hopefully I can hit COD tomorrow. From what I can tell from my home scale, I should be down almost a pound from last week. Yay!! I can smell goal. But, regardless, I'm going on stabilization at the end of NEXT week.

How does everyone feel about AI? I really think that Jordin took the night. Although, Blake's first performance was really good. Will be interesting to see what the outcome is tomorrow night. I still think Melinda should have been in the final.

No time for personals...maybe tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great night!! Oh, and DH is doing pretty well with the diet so far. He was happy to get his starches back today, so he's been in a much better mood. He's still feeling the pain of not having his Mt. Dew, but he's making it through with unsweetened iced tea. That's not normal for us southerners (gotta be sweet tea!!), but he's making it through. :)

equinetcan
05-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Impatiently waiting to see who is gonna win DWTS - of course tonight's finale would have to be 2 hours!!!

Nicole and Cassi - thanks a bunch!!! Tomorrow is a new day....it can only go up!!! Well than again I go to COD tomorrow so maybe it will go down :)

Officially on the market for a man too...maybe the girls at work will have to do their matchmaking they have wanted to do for awhile!!!

Joni135
05-22-2007, 11:06 PM
Okay Cassi - First, thanks for the knife tips. I definitely need to learn how to sharpen a knife! I never thought about the knife block; I'm becoming a germ-a-phob, so I'm tossing that knife block! and those wooden knife blocks we all use in our kitchen? Throw it out. There is no way to clean in the slots. Can you imagine how much dirt and bacteria must be in there?
TIP for cleaning a sponge (I still prefer a sponge for whatever dishes i wash vs. stick in the dishwasher). Soak the sponge and then stick in the microwave for 2-3 minutes...Kills the germs. I used to put it in the dishwasher when I washed dishes, but I like the microwave idea better.

Alannah - I'm watching DWTS too, but won't spoil it for those on other time zones.

fan4u2
05-22-2007, 11:39 PM
Wendy 2- to funny about hubby cutting the wong cord lol...my dh would do the same thing

Angie- I can't believe yor COD didn't tell you about the light bread.....Look for dempsters body wise bread!!!!!!!!

VAL- great loss of 4.2 pounds

Nicole- glad to see your back posting I missed you!!!!!

Alannah - I got you to sign up for msn and deseted you lol...I'll be on alot wed....just to let you know

Dan- omg 12 pounds left...wtg

Jillian- I wouldn't trust his scale lol.......tom with do that to you...glad to see your having a great time with the kids

Megan - your muscles will hold on to more water when fist starting to exercise....but on a up note it will let it go in a couple of weeks..and hey in the mean time you'll loose inches

Cassi -way to go on the great marks

Well ok it's now 12:37 here you were all busy today yaking up a storm...finally done...sooooo have a great sleep all as i'm sure you are all asleep right now lol...I'll talk again tommorrow....and let you all know how i'm doing on my liquid diet for my test thursday
night night

Repo girl
05-23-2007, 12:14 AM
sorry, can't get my poop in a group here......but wanted to send a :hug: to Alannah. XOXO

Yeah, really, Nicole, will you get your crap in a trap already!

Won't ruin it, but my boyfriend just won DWTS.

Dan2112
05-23-2007, 01:01 AM
Evening all...

Yeah... 12 lbs. to go.. But since I'm no longer officially attached to the plan, I'm planning on upping the anti a bit.. I'm going to drop the goal down another 5 lbs, to 195... And if that happens without too much trouble, I may try 190...

My mom, who has consistantly obsessed about my weight since I was a kid actually asked me the other day if I wasn't losing TOO MUCH weight... :lol:

Even back when I was a svelt 175 during my football playing days in High School, she was constantly calling me fat..

I almost lost it at her when she asked me that the other day, but I held my tongue...

sar66
05-23-2007, 05:02 AM
Dear All,

Great to catch up on so much news!!

Libby - I rent out some property that I own and I manage some fro a friend who has moved from UK to near Charlotte USA. I can fit it in around the kids which is perfect.

Angie - Morocco is about 3 hours flying time from London, so easy to get to and a world apart from here in the UK. I would love to go again and take the kids - their eyes would be out on stalks!

Wendy II - I agree I would have laughed so hard and never made to the side of the house! Very honourable.

Cassie - great exam results!

Alannah - Sounds like you have a tough one there - hope you can get it sorted out - I am a widow (6 years ago) and there are only three good things about being a widow

1. I dont have ask permission to get access to my kids/fight over holidays/be jealous of a new girlfriend etc.

2. I NEVER have to hide the shopping bags at the back of the wardrobe and then when wearing said new oufit pretend I have had it forever!!!

3. I NEVER have to say "darling I've had a small prang in the car - but it think we can get it fixed!!

Dan - beware the family diet wreckers who love to keep you under control with little comments like you received from your Mum - you know how far you need to go so keep at it!!

OK thats it for now - mad Spaniel, Spot awaits a walk and I have to watch my son play cricket this afternoon!!!!!! its the MOSt bORING sport in the world.

UK Sarah

equinetcan
05-23-2007, 08:01 AM
Good morning,

Nicole - Poop in a group?
Katie - crap in a trap? Were you guys watching Dr Oz on Monday too on Oprah? Somehow this thread always has a common denominator lately!!!

I just stopped in before I get ready for work again. No scheduled time today or tomorrow to take calls but considering it is so busy with the marketers in BC right now I figure I'll end up on for awhile anyway as well will just get too busy. But at least for the bulk of the day I should be able to get some real work done.

Danette - don't worry about abandoning me. Whenever I start my computer it logs me in so you'll know if I am on or not. I am at work till 7 so I probably won't be on till after 8 or so. Gas prices change tonight and I am not hopeful they are going down so I am getting gas and stopping at the store before coming home.

I'll check in later...have a POP day!!!

jessicarenee331
05-23-2007, 08:17 AM
Good Morning All! Just wanted to check in here before I have to get my butt started on work.

I missed the first 2 performances on AI last night, but other than that I'd have to say I'm torn. I want Blake to win, but I think Jordin should win. She is clearly a better singer, he's clearly a better entertainer. He's just more interesting to me, rather than her just standing there singing. Plus I've always said she's a bit conceited and I hate that. We shall see!!

I had no idea about the string cheese counting as both! I LOVE string cheese. I almost ALWAYS use it as my dairy. Unless I do yogurt in the morning.

Interesting about the knife block thing, I have one. haha, I wonder how many GERMS are in there. Never thought about it that way, but it totally makes sense.

So I am going to London for some training for my job June 11th & 12th. I'm worried about staying OP, as I'm sure we will be eating out a lot. I'll just have to pack lites, and drink only water while im there, and basically just make obvious smart choices. (no fried foods, light on the starches, etc.).

That being said I havent been exactly OP these last few days. I'm afraid to WI, though my home scale this morning says I'm down .2 since Saturday. I'm going to drink a LOAD of water today, and hope that makes a difference.

Happy Wednesday all!!

Joni135
05-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Katie & Apolllo
Sitting in a tree
K I S S I N G
First comes love,
then comes marriage

...oh wait.....you're married. Can't go there!

Repo girl
05-23-2007, 09:15 AM
Well.........since my DH is madly in love with Apollo's dancing partner, we have a little agreement there. She is from our area, how weird is that? No one comes from here, and I do mean no one. Except for the millionares that are filling up Jackson Hole and the surrounding area, that is.

JerseyMadchen
05-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Ok Jessica, what job lets you train in London?? I am totally jealous!

At WI this morning, I stayed the same, cannot get into the onderland AT ALL!

Oh well. On a good note, I had the best breakfast EVER. Honey graham craker with peanut butter and raisins. Mmmmm!!

Hope everyone's having a great day!

Angie
05-23-2007, 09:22 AM
On the cheese subject, I used to use it as my half protein, on red, all the time. Now I use it when I split a protein all the time. My book doesn’t have any rules about that, and the COD has never mentioned it as a problem. Under veggie proteins in my purple book it lists all the following options as 1 serving of protein: Cheese, lite or reduced fat 4oz, or Cottage Cheese (skimmed milk, soft cheese 1%) ¾ c, or Ricotta Cheese 6oz.

Danette – You knew about the bread too!? My COD told me 2 slices of ww bread is 2 starches, the b@st@rds! I feel robbed…lol.

UK Sarah – I’d love to see some of your pics of your mini-vacation if you have a chance to post a few. I loved your 3 good things!

Jessica – I wish I could get sent to London for work training! I’m a big Blake fan too, but I expect Jordin will win as well.

DWTS – Ohhh, I really really wanted Joey to win, but I’m happy for your boyfriend Katie!

smjezzy
05-23-2007, 09:32 AM
OK Joni - I finally watched my taped Dr. Oz-Oprah last night and I was totally grossed out! Pin worms and tapeworms and worm worms and catfish in the penis. OMG THE HORROR!!! I must admit it ended up interesting (after he got off worms) but I was squirming like a school girl at first.

Didn't watch AI, I think it's officially off my watch list. People don't seem to be looking at talent, I'm not sure what guides their votes. If it's anything like last year I'm guessing Blake will win. He's the most "unique" of the two, not the best, but then they were already voted off.... I have a terrible feeling that the Sanjaya hair cut is coming in style. I saw a teen at the gym on Monday with the Sanjaya strings. <SHIVER>

I did watch some show with Tom Selleck last night. How can that man still look fairly descent? I'm voting for him!

JLem311
05-23-2007, 09:40 AM
morning everyone. just thought i'd stop by quickly and say hi.
hope everyone has a POP day. i know i'm going to!

DenverChick
05-23-2007, 09:42 AM
Katie - You may have to fight my brother's wife for Apolo. She fell so madly in love with him during the 2004 Olympics, that she quit her dance troup - she was the founder and correographer - to take up speed skating. Mind you, she is from India and as her mother said, "We don't even have ice in Mumbai." She is obsessed!!! She did manage to get her picture taken with him at a competition which she has displayed above her desk. It's all a bit stalkerish if you ask me.

Anyway, I am off to weigh in. Will do personals later. You guys are up to soo much. Wonder how Kim is doing post-TT.

Joni135
05-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Shannon - was it you that didn't know about Dr. Oz?....isn't he fun to watch though. I learn so much. I get more from him than the Dumb A$$ doctors I have to pay.

Libby - interesting about your sister in law's obsession with Apollo. I hear he and his young dance partner may have a thing going....I do hope your SIL doesn't slap on a Depends and go threaten the dance partner's life. (remember the astronaut fiasco a few months ago?)

Amy - hang in there. Onederland is ounces away....

JerseyMadchen
05-23-2007, 10:07 AM
Ok, I have heard about Dr. Oz, but what's this about worms?? Something I should be concerned about?? ( I don't have a penis, haha, just curious!)

sakuya3834
05-23-2007, 10:09 AM
Hey everyone. Wow this forum is fast, I have been watching it for awhile.

I am new. My name is Chantal, and I started working at LA Weight Loss awhile ago and I love that this plan is actually balanced and have seen the sucesses people have with it. I was calorie counting before but eating entire containers of whipped cream and pints of ice cream just because I could (!!) so I decided to switch. I'm doing it on my own, but of course I can check all the materials when I'm at work so it's easy to check on whats going on.

I'm on red for exercise purposes and it's going to be hard to get all the starches, veggies, and proteins for me. Fruit, fats and dairies are easy.

I'm excited to get to know all of you. :)

zambejaly5
05-23-2007, 10:14 AM
ever since I started the Summer Meltdown thing. I have been..... er.... "backed up" I have avoided my COD for a week because my scale has been up 4-5 lbs! well I decided to only have raisin bran for breakfast and today am finally back down. so I am going to go see what the COD says........... I am sure the scale will be nicer than the counselors. I am a little surprised they haven't called they usually do when I don't show up, k wish me luck....! I will let you know when I get back.

emmysmom
05-23-2007, 10:16 AM
I think that I need some encouragement...okay, I really NEED some encouragement...

The scale has not budged since Friday. I am 0.8 away from my Memorial Day goal. I'm frustrated. I've been POP, walking almost every day, drinking my water, taking my vitamins...so what's the problem? Some people say you plateau at 10% loss, but I'm not there yet. And, okay...so less than a week with no change does not a plateau make.

Any advice? I was just hoping to be further along than this before I leave for vacation on Sunday. I'm feeling discouraged today.:(

jessicarenee331
05-23-2007, 10:24 AM
Hiya Ladies! You ask about my job? I work for a company that has been based in London (at the Heathrow Airport) for some 40 years I believe. My boss, came over from there in 2001 to start the US Branch of the company. I was the 3rd person hired. Anyhow, we are GSA for international airlines. We basically are the United States Representative for airlines such as, Kenya Airways, Sri Lankan Airlines, Jet airways, etc. Think AAA, but for cargo. They flew me to london in December of 2005 for a few days as well, for the Christmas party. It's exciting! I dont like leaving my son though, nor do I enjoy flying that far, by myself!!

Tina, I wish I knew what to tell you. Are you doing all food plan or lites? Maybe if you are doing 2 bars a day, switch to a drink or shake or soup in place of 1 of the bars. You say you are drinking your water, that was my next suggestion!! Maybe drink more? I'm sorry I'm fairly new to LAWL so others can probably help more, but good luck to you.

On AI, last year I LOVED Elliot, and I was totally disgusted that Taylor made it to the finale and he did not. But thats how the show goes, I suppose. I wont care either way on who wins, I'm just not as into it this year as I have been in past years.

hdsqrl
05-23-2007, 10:30 AM
We voted for Blake last night several times and got through right away, which is never a good sign. I'm guessing Jordin wins tonight. She does have the better voice, but seems too robotic for me. Both of them will pick up contracts, at least, and if Jordin wins, then at least Blake won't have to sing that crappy winners song. :p

emmysmom
05-23-2007, 10:31 AM
I do not do the lites, Jessica...and I make sure that I get my water in every day...UGGHHH!!
What part of central PA are you from? You don't have to post it if you don't feel comfortable...just curious. I live in Selinsgrove.

Dan2112
05-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Hey everyone. Wow this forum is fast, I have been watching it for awhile.

I am new. My name is Chantal, and I started working at LA Weight Loss awhile ago and I love that this plan is actually balanced and have seen the sucesses people have with it. I was calorie counting before but eating entire containers of whipped cream and pints of ice cream just because I could (!!) so I decided to switch. I'm doing it on my own, but of course I can check all the materials when I'm at work so it's easy to check on whats going on.

I'm on red for exercise purposes and it's going to be hard to get all the starches, veggies, and proteins for me. Fruit, fats and dairies are easy.

I'm excited to get to know all of you. :)

Welcome Chantal!

So you're a current employee? Uh Oh.... We'd better watch what we say!!! :lol:

Seriously though... It would be nice to have a company perspective when we have questions and concerns...

slim n trim
05-23-2007, 10:44 AM
morning everyone.....

just have to say, I thought DWTS was awesome last night. Katie, I may have to arm wrestle you for boyfriend rights.... oh yea, I'm married to. Actually I think that Apollo and Julianne make a really cute couple.

I was a little torn, because I thought Joey was very good as well, but I think that Joey has really lit it up the last few weeks, but Apollo has been performing like that for a while......

anyway ...

Tina, I know how you feel - I have been stuck at the same weight for a month now. I have been very carefully following the plan, just a slip up here and there ocassionally...... I have been golfing, walking, doing the treadmill, and I just seem to be stalled - very frustrating. Good Luck to you.

Lettie, looking forward to hearing the results of your meltdown. I had considered trying it, but then when I did a TO and had only lost less than a pound, I decided not to torture myself any further.

Wendy II - oh my god - you make me laugh - I have to give you credit - I could have never made it to the other side of the house. I would have been laughing right there in front of dh

Hello's to everyone - hope you all have a great day. Where is Kristen. She seems to be mia - she always has such great comments, I enjoy reading.

I'll check in later.

Angie
05-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Tina – You can TOTALLY still make that goal. Are you doing the 8 week challenge too? If not, how about subbing a slimdown for a meal for the rest of the week, eating at least 1 grapefruit a day, choose leaner proteins, drink more water, have a glass of HLW before bed each night. Then again, even if you are .8 away from your goal by Friday, you’ll know you did everything you could to get there, and what’s .8 anyway? That’s nothing compared to the 14.2 lbs you DID lose, focus on what you accomplished rather than on the measly bit left to go!

Welcome Chantal! :welcome2:

jessicarenee331
05-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Tina, I live about 25 minutes from Gettysburg, PA.

fan4u2
05-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Angie- so when did the Cod tell you about the bread?????
Mine told me about the body wise bread and the windsor half salt the first day

emmysmom
05-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Thanks, Angie...I'll try your suggestions. I'm not doing the 8 week challenge...I just finished the 6 week challenge. But I just planned the rest of the day's menu...I'm not gonna let that stupid A$$ scale ruin my week, darn-it!!!!

mamato2girls
05-23-2007, 12:35 PM
Just got back from WI, and I am down 2 lbs. since last Thursday, which by the way, only puts me 2 lbs from goal. Yippee!! Also, they switched my plan to Green today. I'm not happy about losing 1V and 1F, but it's only a week and a half until I go on Stabilization, so I'll survive...at least it's not a starch!! Speaking of starches, I got to work this morning, and there was a package on my desk. My LASIK eye surgeon sent me a box of gourmet cookies as a thank you for choosing him for my surgery. I've locked them away in my cabinet for now, but I don't know WHAT I'm going to do with them!! I did ask my COD about them. Since they are about 2 1/2 inch chocolate chip cookies, she said I could probably have one to count as 1S, 1Fat. However, she also shared with me that once I get to maintenance, I can have TWO for the same exchanges!! Just a little preview of what's to come. ;) She even gave me a peek at the maintenance book, and it's got all kinds of goodies in there. It's also a little daunting to think that I will be "allowed" to have things like cookies again.

Gotta get to work now. No time for personals. Although I did want to commiserate (sp?) with Dan on the weight loss comments. My MIL told me the other day that if I didn't stop losing weight, I wouldn't have any behind left. Is that supposed to be a compliment??? Oh, and I really love the "You're wasting away...." comment. Doesn't sound real positive to me.

Dan2112
05-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Way to go Wendy!!!

slim n trim
05-23-2007, 12:44 PM
good job Wendy.....

i would take the comments as compliments...... I don't think it would really bother me for someone to tell me I have no "behind" left as my "behind" is generally where I carry my weight.

Good Luck with the cookies -:dust: I love homemade cookies.

by the way, how is hubby doing on the plan

smjezzy
05-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Shannon - was it you that didn't know about Dr. Oz?....isn't he fun to watch though. I learn so much. I get more from him than the Dumb A$$ doctors I have to pay.

Libby - interesting about your sister in law's obsession with Apollo. I hear he and his young dance partner may have a thing going....I do hope your SIL doesn't slap on a Depends and go threaten the dance partner's life. (remember the astronaut fiasco a few months ago?)

Amy - hang in there. Onederland is ounces away....

Never heard of him. I work so I don't watch Oprah. I do like him though - it was very interesting (well other than the whole worm thing) - yell at me next time he's on and I'll record it again. I ws really wanting one of those foot massages. Oprah looked like she was going to fall out of the chair

Wendy - smile and thank her for the compliment. I can't wait to have someone say I'm wasting away. WTG on the loss!!

Tina - I hear ye - hang in there - it will pass, the scale finally budged for me the other day - let's hope it keeps moving in the right direction!

Chantal - Welcome!

Jrny2aNewMe
05-23-2007, 01:00 PM
Good morning all!

Personally I would love it if someone told me I had no behind left.

I always find it totally amazing what the different COD's tell you. Personally I was told that the WW and other 40 - 60 cal breads counted as 1 starch per slice - in fact the counsellor even wrote it in my book!

The foot massage looked divine to me as well. I was wondering at the time how I could con DD into giving me one :)

Welcome Chantal - I have to admit that I took a very quick look to see where you were posting from, LOL. As Dan says, though, it will be nice to have someone answer some questions from the company perspective.

zambejaly5
05-23-2007, 01:16 PM
k- I'm back. I was down a pound! from last week. I told them that I have been up almost 5 lbs and wasn't sure why, or how or if it is related to the Summer Meltdown. but sitting there talking about it I realized that on my normal menu, I try to get a Activia yogurt in everyday. which is supposed to regulate....... so she said next time around instead of the Jetstart. I should probably do a fruit and the yogurt..... now if I can just figure out a reason not to buy their expensive Slimdown!

Joni135
05-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Amy - you asked, so I'm replying at the expense of probably grossing out a few folks.

Dr. Oz actually talked about pin worms and the fact that parasites are incredibly common and not just found in children. Dr. Oz says 90 percent of humans will have a problem with parasites in their lifetime.
anyone with kids should read this tidbit about pin worms:
http://www.oprah.com/health/oz/oz_20070521_350_101.jhtml

and then he brought out and showed an actual tape worm on the show...the tape worm looked like a tape measure and was probably 6 feet long; they can grow to be 30 ft long! The most common reason people get tapeworms is from eating raw meat. "Which," Dr. Oz says, "is the main reason humans began to cook their food." Today's tapeworm lesson can be found at http://www.oprah.com/health/oz/oz_20070521_350_104.jhtml

smjezzy
05-23-2007, 01:47 PM
OK - just started squirming again cuz the little pin worm film is rewinding over and over in my head. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

emmysmom
05-23-2007, 01:48 PM
EEWWW!!!! Nasty!

MTdebster921
05-23-2007, 01:49 PM
HI all,

Chantal- Welcome to the group!!

Angie- In the new book, it lists 2 slices of light bread as 1 starch and 1 slice regular bread as 1 starch. It also lists 1 light english muffin as 1 starch.

Tina- You can totally make that goal. Don't be too discouraged if you don't because look how far you have come since the beginning of the challenge!!

Ally- In my book it says that 3oz. of any cheese with 3 grams of fat or less per ounce is 1 protein.

Wendy- Glad you got DH to join you in the WL venture. I see you only have 2 more lbs. till goal. YAY for you!!!!

Nicole- I have a good expensive set of german knives that DH bought me about 8 years ago. I love them! Just be careful, a good sharp knife will slice through skin like butter, I know!! Thumb is all healed up, but I have some numbness where the cut was. Probably cut some nerves.

Cassi- Great job on the scores. We always knew you would be an "A" student!!! How long does cooking school last before you are officially a chef?

Sarah- Morroco would be so fun to visit. Sounds so exotic. Would love to see some pics if you wouldn't mind posting them.

Katie- How are the dry sockets healing up. Hopefully you are doing better. They took all 4 of my wisdom teeth on the day before my birthday. Great birthday present huh?!? One was growing in sideways and he had to break it up with a chisel and a hammer. Got 8 stitches out of it. Vicodin was my best friend for a week.

Libby- Your work is outstanding!! Hope you hands are doing better!!

Jillian- I'm glad you are having a great time with your kids. Don't worry about the scale, that one could be way off.

WendyII- How thoughtful of you to go to the other side of the house to laugh. I wouldn't have made it that far. If the role had been reversed, DH definitely wouldn't have extended that courtesy. Oh, and thanks to you and Joni for helping out with people asking for the cookbook. You guys are awesome!!

Val- Great job on the 4.2 lbs.!!

I got some rhubarb yesterday and cooked it up. Made some rhubarb crisp.

1/2 c. cooked rhubarb
1/3 c. raw old fashioned oats
1 T. lite margarine
1 T. splenda brown
1 T. cinnamon, divided
1 t. vanilla

Cooked the rhubarb, added vanilla and about 1 t. cinnamon.
Mix up the oats, margarine, splenda brown and rest of cinnamon.
Put rhubarb in a small baking dish and top with oatmeal mixture.
bake at 325 for 25 minutes, let cool and enjoy!!!
Yummy!!
My old book says 1/2 c. cooked rhubarb is a veggie, new book says 1 c. cooked is a fruit.
I counted it as a veggie, so the breakdown would be this:

1 veggie
1 starch
1 fat
condiment

We found out yesterday that DSIL that got married last year is going to throw a wedding reception on their one year anniversary since they didn't do it after they got married. Soooo, I have until Aug. 25th to get this last 20 lbs. off. I know I can do it if I set my mind to it, it's just convincing my mind to go along with it. I would be so awesome to go back home and be at the goal weight I want to and wow everybody that hasn't seen me since Christmas.

Have a great day all!!

MTdebster921
05-23-2007, 01:54 PM
They had an episode of House that dealt with tapeworms, that thing was huge. And that one episode on Greys anatomy where the guy had the catfish in his thing. DH couldn't watch it, he was cringing too much. OUCH!!!
I missed the episode with Dr. Oz that you are talking about, but there was one on last week with him where they did a quiz with the audience, I don't remember if it was a new one or not.

mamato2girls
05-23-2007, 02:01 PM
Thanks, Dan, Karen and Shannon!!

And, about the comments, it's more the look on MIL's face than what she said. Don't get me wrong; I actually LOVE my MIL...I'm lucky not to have an EMIL. But, I think she's thinking that I've lost TOO much when I'm really just getting into the healthy weight range for my height. And, I just don't have much hips or behind, and I'm self-conscious about it. I carry my weight mostly in my chest and waist, but unfortunately, some weight had to come off my hips, too.

Karen - DH is doing okay on the plan so far. However, he did cave and have pizza today. He was very reasonable with it, so hopefully he can just count as a carb craver and move on. I did tell him he probably shouldn't be doing CC's so soon in the plan. I didn't get brave enough to use one until I'd been OP for about 2 months!

Lettie - WTG on the loss!

Joni - Yucky!

mamato2girls
05-23-2007, 02:04 PM
Oops, missed Deb.

Deb - Thanks! And, you can definitely get 20 more lbs. off by August 25th!! And, even if you don't quite make it, you're still going to wow everyone!!!!:)

JerseyMadchen
05-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Deb, you are such an inspiration!

Thanks again for the cook book!

Mama Nicole
05-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Wendy.........congrats on being soooo close to goal. You know, DH will probably lose rather quickly even if he uses CC right away......men tend to lose quicker than women. I really hope he sticks with it, for his health of course first and foremost........but also because it will make it sooo much easier for you to stay on the straight and narrow if the two of you are both eating healthy :) I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Deb(ster).........it is good to have a new goal, isn't it? I have my Germany goal........and I should really start taking it seriously......I have quite a bit left to lose. Thanks for the knife tip........I remember when you sliced yourself a good one.........still makes me cringe a bit :)

Hi everyone........busy day today.........my garden is sprouting, and today I have been weeding a lot. My sprinkler has been on since 10:00 a.m. and I still have to move it one more time in an hour. It is sooo exciting. I will post some more pics of it in a few weeks when the growth is a bit more obvious.

Ok, have to clean up the house a bit while the kids are chillin'.

Where the heck is everyone today?
XOXO

bizlawchik
05-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Hello all! I am soooooo proud of myself! I ate the chicken we made today, 1/3c – 1/2c of the risotto and only two slices of the pan-fried eggplant, but ate it without the sauce and cheese. I left a portion of risotto at home in the fridge for DH, gave some eggplant and risotto to the girls at the doctor’s office, and then brought the rest of the risotto and eggplant in to work. I’m over on fat, but I’ll be under on my ½ protein and probably a starch, so the extra butter we cooked with should hopefully be a wash.

Oh, and I see we’re only on Wednesday and we already have 10 pages! See why we need weekly threads now? Cripes, pretty soon we’ll need daily!

Joni – I do the sponge in the dishwasher. I have a sanitation cycle on my dishwasher, so I throw it in there. I’ve heard (and I can’t remember if it’s from my chef or not) that there’s a risk of catching the sponge on fire if it’s in the microwave. But that could just be something someone said. I’m no expert on that. But the knife block thing grossed me out when I learned about it. I’ve always been “germ conscious”, but school has me becoming a certified germophobe. I told my chef I don’t know how he eats out anywhere after all these years in the business.

Angie and anyone else who’s wondering about the bread – Keep in mind that not all light breads are 2 slices for 1 starch. I think the deciding factor is the fiber as well. Like the double fiber wheat bread I asked about was, and someone asked about Sara Lee Delightful? I think. But the regular light wheat from the store brand was still one slice = one starch.

Danette and Sara – Thank you!

Sara – Morocco sounds wonderful!

Jessica - :wave:

Nancy - :wave:

Amy – Great idea for breakfast on the go. Thanks. And don’t worry, you will arrive in Onederland soon. When I was so close. I kept losing .2, stay the same, .2, stay the same, +.2, etc. It was torture. But you’ll get there.

Shannon - :wave:

Jillian - :wave: Hope your time with the kids is fun today!

Libby - :wave:

Chantal – Welcome! Check out the thread one of the girls posted about getting all of your food in on red. Glad to have you.

Lettie – WTG!!!!!

Tina – You still have 5 days to lose .8. Don’t give up. Keep on keepin’ on. Even if you stayed where you are right now, less than 1lb from your goal is fantastic. But you know that if you stay POP you can get that .8 off in time. Maybe have a few days of fish and green veggies instead of meat and carrots and/or tomatoes? Have a slim fast? Egg beaters? Hang in there!!! You can do this!! :hug:

Megan - :wave:

Dan – Glad to see you back in the game. I knew you’d bounce back.

Karen - :wave:

Wendy – I am so happy for you. One more week until stabilization. You rock! Here’s some :dust: to keep you from those cookies until maintenance.

Katie – Hope you’re feeling better today.

Deb – So good to see you!!! School is 18 months. But I only have to take one academic class which is nutrition. All of my other college credits transfer. They make everyone take their nutrition class no matter what science or health classes they’ve taken. I’m happy it’s only one academic and the rest is actually cooking.

Nicole – I love that you got to plant a real garden. I hope you’re having fun with it.

If I’ve missed anyone, sorry. This is the best I’ve gotten in awhile.

hdsqrl
05-23-2007, 05:33 PM
*happy dance*

My BN weight this morning was 173, and my COD WI was 174...two new lows for me today! :woohoo:

Just had to share, 'cause who knows if I can keep those lows, heh....just came off a TO! But the plateau might be broken!!!

:dance:

bizlawchik
05-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Yayyyyy! :cheer:

JLem311
05-23-2007, 05:37 PM
nice job megan!

Dan2112
05-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Way to go Megan!! Huzzah!

equinetcan
05-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Quiet here tonight. I guess everyone but me is watching the AI finale.

I just thought I'd drop by before going to bed for the night. The last 2 days I go to bed and then wake up about 530am and I don't go back to sleep. I don't need to be up until 830. So, I am getting a little sleepy but I hope I can sleep later tomorrow.

I go see the furkid tomorrow night. Hopefully I will be able to see her by myself for the 2 hours. At least with my training starting next week and the late shifts I have to work I should be able to see her for an extra few hours total through the week. I need to give her a good brushing again this weekend to try and get some more hair out of her. She is still shedding but it is better.

I am looking forward to my canada day challenge (for most of you guys the July 4 challenge). I like the challenges even though I totally bombed on the last one.

Well, I guess that's about it. See everyone tomorrow!!

Joni135
05-23-2007, 10:20 PM
Hey Allanah - I watched AI. I have to say I am very happy with the results.
Dan - Huzzah???

sakuya3834
05-23-2007, 11:16 PM
You guys don't have to worry, I won't be the lawl police unless someone wants me to be hah! ;)

Dan2112
05-24-2007, 12:20 AM
Hey Allanah - I watched AI. I have to say I am very happy with the results.
Dan - Huzzah???

:lol:

Huzzah - an expression or shout of acclaim -- often used interjectionally to express joy or approbation...

Any Frasier fans would know that this was one of Niles Crane's favorite expressions...

Joni135
05-24-2007, 07:28 AM
Dan - I'll have to add that to my LAWL Dictionary of "words I learned along the journey"...I'm sure there have been others....anyone care to add?

Superawesometastic
Creepalicious!
Creepaleepadingdong
Huzzah

KrispieD
05-24-2007, 07:41 AM
don't forget
Fattyboomblatty
SODIUM
walmartbag.

There will be a complete edition of LAWL Lingo published this fall. preorder you copies now!!

sar66
05-24-2007, 07:41 AM
Hi everyone,

Jessica - I have the UK restaurant details for eating on plan - ie what counts for what if I can help???

Chantal - Welcome!!

Angie and Deb - I didnt take any photos as you get lots of hassle trying to take them and everyone wants money for a photo!! Nice pic of my house on my page instead!

Wendy and Megan - Well done!!!

Sorry run out of time half term starts today so I have to go and pick up my son from the school bus!

UK Sarah

JerseyMadchen
05-24-2007, 08:23 AM
Haha, Huzzah reminds me of revolutionary war reenactors!

jessicarenee331
05-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

UK Sarah, that would be awesome and so very kind of you!! I am sure that I'm staying right off airport, but anything you can share would help tremendously! (sp?). The last time I went there, one of the airlines I met with took me out to lunch at what he called the oldest pub in London, (I cant remember right now what it was called) but it was the cutest place! It had a real fireplace inside, and it smelled so wonderful. I dont drink wine or beer, I dont like the taste of either one, so I wont have that issue while im over there. Thank you for offering to help!

AI went completely as I expected it to. Boring, and predictable just like the rest of the season this year. The highlights of the night for me, were Green Day, and Carrie Underwood's performance. I just love the way she sings that song. Here's to hoping next year is better!!

I need to seriously get in gear, this week has been not so hot for me. I find myself bored here at work this week because we are slow, so I walk down to the vending machine. I've been snacking on Honey mustard pretzels! I know I know, SODIUM!! I've still been drinking a TON of water though. This morning I'm still .2 down from Saturday, so I'm hoping WI today isnt too awful. I sort of want to try a TO just to lose some more weight faster, but I'm not sure yet still. I just cannot make up my mind!

I need to get back to work now, it's almost Friday!! YEAAAAA

mamato2girls
05-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Good morning all! Let me just say that my DVR SUCKS!! I ran into an old friend that I haven't seen in 15 years (fortunately she could recognize me due to my recent weight loss and said that I look exactly the same :)), and we went out for a quick drink after work yesterday that turned into a 3 hour conversation!! After that, I had to run by the mall, and then I had a 40-minute drive home. So, I get home, talk to DH for a little while, and then I go downstairs to queue up AI. I get to the last song where the group all sang together, and then **poof** the recording ends...BEFORE the results are given!! I was made because I started watching it at 10pm, if I'd know they weren't even given the results until 10pm, I coulda just turned on the TV and saw it right then. Argh!!

Anyway, I was good and only had ONE of the gourmet cookies yesterday. I took the rest to my mom on the way home last night, so that they wouldn't be around tempting myself and DH. :) Well, gotta get to work. Hope everyone has a great day!!!

zambejaly5
05-24-2007, 08:56 AM
Wendy, my Tivo shut off at the same time!!! but we were watching it while it was recording, since we were home. just before they announced the winner I turned to my daughter and said, "good thing we are watching cause tivo just shut off!" Is your DVR a Tivo? tivo now has it with live shows that when you set it to record it will say, this is a live recording and may run over, do you want to add time to the end. which I would have said yes. but I didn't set the tivo to record it was already set to record with the season pass. I guess I should have gone in, canceled the season pass then pressed record. anyway, you really didn't miss anything. they proclaimed jordan the winner, no big surprise, then she sang that dumb winner song from the night before. and then confetti didn't start falling til the song was almost done so even that was a disappointment. now, if it had been a shocker like, blake winning. then you would really have missed something

Repo girl
05-24-2007, 09:11 AM
Morning everyone! Even with this stupid tooth pain, I am determined to get back on the wagon today. It has gotten way too easy to eat ice cream, drink a cocktail every night, etc. I have not been taking my meds because I have not really been eating enough, but that is all changing today! Wish me strength!

Dan2112
05-24-2007, 09:56 AM
Dan - I'll have to add that to my LAWL Dictionary of "words I learned along the journey"...I'm sure there have been others....anyone care to add?

Superawesometastic
Creepalicious!
Creepaleepadingdong
Huzzah

At least Huzzah is a real word.. :p

JerseyMadchen
05-24-2007, 09:59 AM
It may have not been a shock for Jordan to win, but I have to say she did deserve it over Blake. No offense to any Blake fans, but I think she was more talented. Too bad America hates fat people, that heavy-set guy with the curly hair was head and shoulders above Blake.

Oh well. We all know it's fixed. I didn't watch all season but watched last night partly (switched back and forth to Criminal Minds), but Jordan is gorgeous!

Hope everyone's having a great day! THe weekend is almost here!!!!

LittleBlueCat
05-24-2007, 10:25 AM
Cassie - Thanks for the :wave: !!

Hello everyone! I'm very happy today-- my supervisor is taking tomorrow off! which means, I'm happily anticipating an happy Friday tomorrow...

hdsqrl
05-24-2007, 10:42 AM
Hey all,

We have DISH Network, and some friends of ours have something else, and both of us experienced the loss of the actual awarding of the AI title, too. Grr!

And Dan? No worries, as a RenFest participant, I've HUZZAH'ed more times than I can count, hah! HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!!

JLem311
05-24-2007, 11:12 AM
hey everyone. trying to enjoy my last day with the kids since i fly out tomorrow morning. but my allergies are acting up and i've been miserable since last night. i didn't bring anything with me either, so when julia and i go out for our little mommy/daughter coffee time, i'll stop and grab some otc stuff. otherwise the day is going ok. the kids are a bit cranky, but hopefully after nap and rest time, they'll be in better shape.
i'm sad about going back to NC, but my next trip will come sooner than i expect..it always does. but i think we're going out for dinner tonight and that is always fun with the kids! i'm just so lucky to have a great ex-DH and that we're such wonderful friends. i don't think i could do this any other way.

i've done fairly well with eating while i've been here...with the exception of a few slips..the scale has finally come back down to where i was before i came up here....so hopefully it'll stay that way or even show a loss for when i go and WI on saturday.

ok, well, i may not have a chance to check back in til i get back home, so hope everyone has a great weekend!

mamato2girls
05-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Lettie - I have Time Warner Cable service with DVR, and we don't get the option you mentioned. Of course, I also had it set to record the whole season, SO..... Anyway, thanks for the telling me what I missed. :-) And, that winner song is pretty dumb, but they usually are.

I am SO missing my extra fruit and veggie serving already!! This next week and a half is going to be tough! I don't even have a enough fruit servings to save up for the occassional liquid fruit now. :(

zambejaly5
05-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Wendy you are so close to goal, can you even believe it! I am so excited for you. A few weeks ago when you decided you were just going to call it good. could you have even guessed you would finally see the number you want! I cannot wait to get to goal. I love seeing when you guys do!

Dan2112
05-24-2007, 11:39 AM
I hear you Lettie.. I'm the same way..

Now that our COD days are behind us, I'm a bit worried about not having the information on what to do for stabilization and maintenance.

I'm sure we can cope, but I'd hate to blow it..

It occurred to me that when customer service told us we'd be getting a refund, we'd be completely done with the program, thus no more support...

Also, we got a letter from the New Mexico Attorney General's office yesterday regarding the Better Business Bureau report I submitted.. They are encouraging us to file a charge dispute with Care Credit immediately to have the program charge removed.

I'm wondering if I shouldn't wait to hear from the administrator handling all the client cases before I file the dispute..

Mama Nicole
05-24-2007, 12:34 PM
Hi Kristen............are you surviving???? XOXO
And a big hello to everyone else today too. I am trying really hard to be productive today.......so maybe I'll play later, maybe I won't. Little one is sick too.....so that adds to the to do list big time. I love Jordin by the way :) More later xoxo

LizzyW
05-24-2007, 12:37 PM
Hey all,

Just a quick how do you do to let you know that I am still alive and well. It has been interesting not having the COD anymore. I find myself not as "into" it as I was. But I am still doing well. I am back down to 173.2. I have gone back to curves, for I had not gone for 3 weeks. It was really nice to be back. I do hope we get at least some of the money back.

Well must get back to work. May the POP be with you. Yuck! Yuck!

Mama Nicole
05-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Oh, I almost forgot.......today is my 1 year anniversary of quitting smoking. I am sooo suprised I made it this far. As a treat, I am going to go buy some of that million dollar Lancome make-up for myself tonight. They have a nice bonus right now........so what the heck, right? Now, if I could just get rid of all of this bonus weight I have gained...............

bizlawchik
05-24-2007, 01:05 PM
Hi all! :wave: Just a quick fly-by and it's back to work for me.

mamato2girls
05-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Lettie - Not it's hard to believe I'm so close. I still have to do a double-take when I look in the mirror, too. I just hope this ?@#$ green plan doesn't make me stall. I debated even doing it since gold was still working so well, but it is rare for me to lose 2 lbs. in a week, and I so want goal!! Maybe this will give me a little push. And, I'm a lazy butt and don't exercise...other than the occassional after dinner walk or very rare yoga session...so I don't have to worry about not having enough fuel for exercise. And, to be honest, when I first signed up, I really didn't think I would make goal because I have NEVER made goal on any diet I've every been on.

Dan - Don't worry. I'm sure I speak for everyone else when I say that we'll be happy to help you and Liz with Stabilization and Maintenance when you reach goal. :)

Kristen - Hope the little one feels better soon!! And good for you on no smoking for a whole year. That is an AMAZING accomplishment!! I should know; been there done that myself.

Liz - Good for you on the loss and going back to Curves. I used to go there a few years back and really enjoyed it.

Cassi - Hey! Hope work and school are going well.

Dan2112
05-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Just saw this in the Albuquerque Journal's business section.. I guess at this point, I'm not going to worry about waiting for the company to get back with us....

AG's Office looking at LA Weight Loss
Journal Staff Report
The New Mexico Attorney General's Office announced Wednesday it is looking into the recently closed LA Weight Loss centers in Albuquerque and Santa Fe.
The Consumer Protection Division of the office also is demanding the company fully reimburse customers who have long-term contracts with the business, the office said in a news release.
Many customers who paid for a membership in advance have called the Attorney General's Office and the Better Business Bureau.
The AG's Consumer Protection Division Director, assistant attorney general Karen Meyers, said complaints received will be reviewed for possible violations of the New Mexico Unfair Practices Act.
"These customers didn't get what they paid in advance for, so clearly they should not have to suffer financially," she said.
The office has sent a letter to all consumers who have contacted the office, explaining what steps they can take to protect themselves and asking that they file formal complaints, she said.
In the letter, the AG's Office asks consumers to notify their credit card companies if they paid that way and dispute the charge. Contact information to dispute the bill should be found on the back of the billing statement.
If a customer paid with a check, follow a similar procedure with your bank or credit union and consider a stop-payment order if it has not cleared.
If monthly membership fees are automatically deducted from a bank account, you should immediately contact your bank and cancel authorization for the automatic withdrawal, the AG's Office said.
Individuals who paid with cash or are unable to reverse charges should file a formal complaint with the AG's Office.
Finally, the letter said, if the company files for bankruptcy-court protection, customers should be ready to file a Creditor's Proof of Claim Form in U.S. Bankruptcy Court.
Consumers can download a complaint form from the Attorney General's Office Web site at www.ago.state.nm.us. Complete and return two copies of the complaint form to the Santa Fe address listed on the form. Also include copies of any documentation that you may have signed with the business and/or copies of receipts, canceled checks or credit card statements.
For additional information, call 1 (800) 678-1508.

Joni135
05-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Jillian - hope you are feeling better.
so lucky to have a great ex-DH and that we're such wonderful friends. i don't think i could do this any other way.I caught Demi Moore on Ellen's show yesterday and she talked quite a bit about the good relationship she, Ashton and her ex (Bruce Willis) have and how it takes way more energy to have a bad relationship with an ex than it does to have a good relationship. All three (Demi, Ashton, and Bruce) work on the relationship pretty much for the sake of the girls/children. I really enjoyed listening to Demi...she's one smart lady...and she and Ashton do want to have a baby together, but she's not pregnant right now.

Amy - Chris (curly headed guy) was one of my favorites early on....oh well. I'm happy with Jordin too.

At least Huzzah is a real word..... Yeah, Dan, in Frazierland maybe!

Valerie Bertanelli was on a show the other day and she's lost 19.8 lbs on the "JC" program in about 2 months. Not that I'm going to do JC, but I thought her loss was quite good.

I want to change my LAWL name. I'm tired of Lottame2minime....so I'm going to ponder a new name (feel free to PM me your suggestions...LOL) and then I'm going to change my tickers and start fresh and maybe do the July 4 challenge. Of course I'm going to Savannah next week for a conference and I'm going to dine at Paula Dean's restaurant. Not sure this will be a great way to kick off the new me.

Joni135
05-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Nicole - Happy Anniversary you NOT Smokin mama!!

Mama Nicole
05-24-2007, 02:15 PM
LOL, thanks, Joni.........I remember a while back you were thinking of a new 3FC name..........and we never came up with anything good. Maybe one of the newbies will have a good idea...........I'll be thinking all day.....maybe I'll come up with a good one :)

Where the heck is Kim(phin)? It's kind of weird here without her..........

MTdebster921
05-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Wendy- My DVR did the same thing. DH watched it and then told me when I walked in the door that I would be mad. He said though that the internet was posting that Jordin had won before it was even starting here.

Katie- sorry you still have mouth pain. You can get back too it!!

Nicole- Great accomplishment on not smoking for one year. Definitely reward yourself.

My mom sent this to me, I thought it was cute.
McDonalds has now made it to Africa.

Dan2112
05-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Yeah, Dan, in Frazierland maybe!

Ahem... :p

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?huzzah

:lol:

Just ask Liz.. Once someone challenges me on something, I don't let it go until I've beaten it into the ground!!

Everyone is allowed their own point of view, as long as it matches my own!!:devil:

Jrny2aNewMe
05-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Hi all! Just dropping by to say a quick hello!

Dan - You remind me of my sister - the caption under her picture in her yearbook was "When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you." - LOL

Joni135
05-24-2007, 04:15 PM
Okay Dan - I checked my Webster dictionary and your word passes inspection. Now go lose some more weight so I can shout HUZZAH to you.

SALT - Suck A Lemon Today!

Where the helter skelter is Julie? Guess I'll go stalk her with a PM. and I'll go after Kim(phin) too. and LeaAnn too. Abandoning this ship is not an option!

Nicole - have I ever told you how jealous I am of your memory?......you remember the smallest details; I remember not what I ate for lunch yesterday.

Deb - I loved the fat giraffe picture. Giraffe for some odd reason has always been one of my favorite zoo animals.

bizlawchik
05-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Joni - How about Kinga Joni for your new 3FC name?

Kimphin
05-24-2007, 04:36 PM
No need to hunt me down, Joni and Nicole! I haven't checked in at all this week - but I won't go AWOL for long!

Cassi - too funny, I was going to suggest that one too! That gets my vote, Joni!

I have been living off of stress and Fuse drinks this week. I am telling you, if they don't leave soon(auditors) I will have to call ahead to the psych ward to get a room ready for me. My secretary came in yesterday and looked at my office and said "you cleaned!" no, they just have every file I own in the conference room. Ugh.

But... I have tomorrow off. Thank the good Lord.

Dan - I am glad that the AG is on the case of the closed centers.

Everyone else - I admit I haven't kept up, so HI ALL! I'm sure there are some newbies, so WELCOME! Hopefully I will be back in action soon.

zambejaly5
05-24-2007, 06:01 PM
I hear you Lettie.. I'm the same way..

Now that our COD days are behind us, I'm a bit worried about not having the information on what to do for stabilization and maintenance.

I'm sure we can cope, but I'd hate to blow it..

It occurred to me that when customer service told us we'd be getting a refund, we'd be completely done with the program, thus no more support...

Also, we got a letter from the New Mexico Attorney General's office yesterday regarding the Better Business Bureau report I submitted.. They are encouraging us to file a charge dispute with Care Credit immediately to have the program charge removed.

I'm wondering if I shouldn't wait to hear from the administrator handling all the client cases before I file the dispute..

well I had this thought before your second post on the subject. but who is the administrator handling all the client cases working for??? LAWL?? or you? Make sure you are working with the one that has your best interests at heart!

zambejaly5
05-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Yea Nichole on not smoking!!! good for you! and think of how much Lancome you can buy with the money you didn't spend on cigarette's this last year!

Rebeca
05-24-2007, 07:17 PM
HEYYYY GUYZZZZ---

ITs me again!!! Its been a couple of months and lots and lots have happened but lbs did not come off like expected! LOL

goshhh you guyz make me envious...alll of you looking soooo great and skinny...

Joni-- WOW... you look great!

DEB- I just did not recognize you! AT ALL..until i saw your name and rememberd the nickname...goshhh you are a hot mama i must say!

Dan- Great to know you are losing so much and surviving so much PMS around here... you are a trooper! LOL

Where is Katie? juliemarie and all others???

IS this the right threat to post??? sorry its been a long time...i tried to post on May's but it was closed!

Anyways, this time i am getting skinny...no excuses...

fan4u2
05-24-2007, 07:18 PM
good evening all

Just a quick drop by to say hi!!!! yesterday was a day from ****......I had to drink this nasty stuff to cleanse me out for me tests I had done today.....spents the whole day yesterday starving because I was on a liquid diet and the whole day on the potty....I weighed myself yesterday before I started the cleanse and agian this morning and had lost 4 pounds...as far as the tests today I am still doped up from them putting me under as they did the tests...my throat is sore from the light going down my throat....my whole stomach is in pain from the light going where the sun doesn't shine...I also got my results while in recovery...no cancer. or pollups but I do have irritable bowl syndrome...the dr said it is not really bad but there....now I know why the lites hated me and backed me up :o ..Even though my guts hurt I am back on plan today..every time I woke up today(slept most of it) I forced myself to eat all I have left is 2 starches which i'll get in with graham crackers with tea

WI on monday after a week of no weigh ins looking forward to see what the cod scales will tell me!!!!!!!

bizlawchik
05-24-2007, 07:40 PM
Rebeca - Great to see you! We just switched to weekly threads this week because we were slowing down the server. Katie is still here, but recovering from dry sockets after some oral surgery. Juliemarie has been MIA for a few days because... SHE FINALLY ADOPTED! Check out the "congrats JM thread" for her adoption blog. We're all still here, but we have a TON of newbies.

Danette - Glad that everything went well. I don't know much about IBS (I know Katie can help with that), but I'm thinkingI would rather have that than cancer or polyps, right? Feel better. Enjoy your rest. And congrats staying OP after all of that!

KrispieD
05-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Hello All
I did not jump off a ledge, assualt Mike the LAWL driver or my EMIL.. I am here!
We went away for the long weekend to Ottawa with the girls and saw some friends. Ummm liquid fruit did play an appearance but I stayed mostly on plan and planned all the meals ahead and took all my staples with me. We hit the museum and the zoo and several parks so it was an active time! Hired a painter to come in while we were out of town to get all the work done since I can't keep up with work, renos and the kids and came home on Monday to find out he hadn't come until the 3rd day we were away and only did half the job.. some of the parts he did looked like my 2 year old painted it. So DH and I were just beside ourselves and I've spent the week trying to right the house! But I have tried to jump on as often as I can to see what's up in the LAWL world. Let's see how memory serves me...
Danette and Katie hope you feel better soon!!
Joni I was going to remind you of Kinga Joni but Cassi beat me to it
Nicole..way to go you Lancome woman you.. spoil yourself.. you can sell produce from your huge garden to buy some more
Kimphin.. I told you to let me be your boss a while back.. I'd kick the auditors out, let you keep a messy office and treat you to Mint Choc DQ :)
Cassi ..way to go on the A.. all your stories remind me of when I took my chef classes.. DH used to get stuffed cornish hen and homemade chocolate eclairs when I came home.. he LOVED it!
Debster.. you look AWESOME!!
Dan and Lizzy.. glad the bigwigs are going to take on your COD.. you are both doing great hanging in there.
Wendy your ticker is SOOOOOO close.. if you stall at all try to have your starches and fruits by lunch and use one of the liquid Lites to count as your two.. load up on the fish and chicken too!
Wendelina.. your cable story and DH is like a page from my own book!
Jillian if you are on vacation does that mean no Starbucks for a week? I went and got my green tea latte and the weekend and they had samples of a new flavor.. chocolate orange.. they were killing me!!
Karen hope you are doing well too!
Kimphin.. my TT hero.. I can't beleive you noted on the board so fast.. I sit here with my walmart sack playing over the top of my jeans and dream of hearing all about your story and then booking an appointment!!
Hellos to Sara, Lorraine, Letisha,Lettie, Lizzy, Libby, Shannon, Vic, Karen, Lea Ann, Tina, Megan, Becca, Katiebug, Angie, Sara, Michelle, JM(this now stands for Josie's Mommy) and the rest of you great losers.. I'm off to find some food and a paintbrush!

bizlawchik
05-24-2007, 07:57 PM
Oh yeah... Nicole - :woohoo: :cheer: WTG on the no-smoking thing! I am so proud of you!!! :woo:

bizlawchik
05-24-2007, 08:01 PM
And Deb - Just checked out the latest April picture. You are one sexy thang! I'll bet DH can't keep his hands off of you.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_32_11.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt302YYUS)

(I'm playing with smileys)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZNxpt302YYUS (http://*********************************************************=ZSzeb096_ZNxpt302YYUS&utm_id=7924)

bizlawchik
05-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Kristen - So sorry about your sucky painter. I hope everything gets back to normal very soon! Have you noticed how much we parallel each other's lives? I'm in culinary school, you went. I did my kitchen, you're doing renos. My son is marrying one of your daughters. We both had about the same starting weight (although you are MUCH taller). Your DH is a realtor and I'm a RE paralegal. Funny, huh?

DenverChick
05-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Kristen - So sorry to hear about your crappy painter. If I was closer (like IN Canada) I'd hop over and fix you up. Nothing worse than a bad paint job that you actually gave someone money to do!

JLem311
05-24-2007, 09:29 PM
just checking in quick for the night...we went to dinner tonight and i was good and had a salad with dressing on the side and a beer for my starches.

kristen--even though i'm on vacation, i actually do get to visit my old starbucks store i used to work at. it's great, because i get to see all my old buddies that still work there. :) glad you get to have your green tea latte's! what did you think of the orange mocha's? i really don't like them, but i'm very particular about my coffee.

well, i fly out @ 8:30am tomorrow morning and have a 4hr layover..ugh. oh well. i got a new book before i left, so i'm prepared.
hope everyone has a great weekend. i'm hoping my center is open on saturday so i can WI, but i don't think they are.

Angie
05-24-2007, 09:29 PM
UK Sarah -- Your house is lovely! How old is it?

Superawesometastic
Creepalicious!
Creepaleepadingdong
Huzzah

Joni -- Don't forget "dickiedoo"

Sorry, couldn't catch up with everyone personally, but a big HI to everyone else!

I'm on an emergency TO after gaining back 2 of the 3 lbs I just lost over the weekend. TOM is on the way too, so I hope to avoid some crazy indulgences.

I do have a new snack idea to try though...and it can be on plan. My COD lets me count the little microwave bag of Orville Reddenbokkers smart pop (100 calorie bag) as 1S...so add to that whatever amount of ICBINB you are allowed for a fat, and 4-5 good shakes of tabasco, and melt that all together then pour over your popcorn. SO SO GOOD. YUM! Have I tempted anyone?

Angie
05-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Umm...a corner of one of my lower front teeth just fell off. It literally just fell off. I wasn't eating anything, it was there one minute, and now it's gone. How weird is that?

Okay, so, my homeopathic friends, should I be eating or taking something that will keep my teeth/fingernails/hair from falling off or out? Jeeze. (Please, someone tell me to eat more fat!)

You know what the worst thing is? It's small, probably not noticable to anyone else, but I can't stop running my tongue over it, and it's a teensy bit sharp. I feel like a dog that can't stop licking a wound.

SaskNewfie
05-24-2007, 09:44 PM
Jason……we could never forget you, you wing eating MF…..LOL.XOXO

lol...I've been called a lot worst! What does MF stand for? Is that something like TOM? JK...thanks for the XOXO's though...lol.

Yeah, I've been hiding...avoiding this place. I have lost my drive to stick to the lawl plan. I do eat pretty good throughout the weeks when I work...the evenings and weekends are a bit of a struggle. My deadline was actually yesterday to have all my weight gone...I've lost 36 out of the 50 I wanted to lose. I know I can lose it eventually, but am starting to find following the lawl plan too restricting. I don't know if it'll work, but I'd like to take what i've learned so far and make it a way of eating...yes, with my weekly wingfest! I have a feeling that the main reason I haven't lost anything in the past couple of months is simply because my exercise frequency went down to roughly 3 times per week...not near enough for me. I was able to do it 5 times a week during work hours (military benefit), but because of a lack in manpower, I had to cut back and i simply am not motivated in the evenings...especially now that ice hockey is over for me! Oh well...at least I know what I gotta do...now it's a matter of doing it!

JLem311
05-24-2007, 10:05 PM
good to hear from you jason, i was beginning to wonder where you went! was thinking you grew "wings" and flew somewhere cooler than 3fc! ha. j/k.

MTdebster921
05-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Rebeca- Welcome back girl. So glad to see you! You can get back on the wagon, I know you can!!! :thanks: for the compliment!! Another big thing that happened is Evette reached her goal and weighs about 122 (right Joni?).

Dannette- Glad that your tests came out on the positive side. I have minor IBS and it is completely controllable with diet. I don't have a soy problem, but if I overdo it on starches or sugars I am some major pain. When I stay on plan I don't usually have a problem.

Kristen- So sorry on the botched paint job. Don't let him get away with it. Sounds like you have fun on your long weekend.

Cassi- Thanks.:hug: The answer to your statement is yes, but I won't go into details:D. LOL He just read what you wrote and asked me who the he** DH was, I had to explain.

Jillian- Have a safe trip home!!

Angie- wierd on the piece of tooth falling out. Unfortunately I have no advice for you......

Jason- Good to see you pop in. Do you need a :kickbutt: to get back onto plan? We can probably all oblige you. You've only got another 18 lbs. to go!!! You can do it, you know how!!!!

I just added a bunch of recipes to the main dishes thread. I haven't tried any of them since I am not in the cooking groove right now, but they look good. If anybody tries them let us know how they come out.

Dan2112
05-25-2007, 12:52 AM
Dannette.. Glad to hear it's not more serious than IBS.. That sucks in of itself, but like other said, at least it's not cancer!!! Too bad those 4 lbs. were mostly just water...

Kristen.. Sorry to hear about your painter troubles.. It's so hard to find good help these days... I know what that's like...

Jason.. 'Bout damn time you checked in.. Get back on that horse buddy!!! You can do it if you keep thinking about your ultimate goal.. Geez.. I sound like one of those motivational posters... Personally, I prefer those "anti-motivational" posters found at http://www.despair.com

Check those out if you want to laugh really hard!!

Have a good night all!!

Kimphin
05-25-2007, 06:36 AM
Dan - I LOVE those posters! Once I had a job where they decorated the whole place with those successories posters. I bought the "motivation" one from despair and changed the one near my cubicle to that. No one noticed for months. It was priceless!

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/demotivators_1950_4369704

sar66
05-25-2007, 07:21 AM
Angie - Thanks my house is about 300 years old (give or take!) with an extension on the back thats about 20 years old. It was a farm house but I only have an acre of garden and 3 acres of field! Internally its all beams and has a big inglenook fireplace.

How is the tooth???? Is it like when you were little and a tooth came out and you couldnt keep you tonuge from the socket!!?? I dont have a good suggestions as to why it should happen.

Its half term break for me so not sure how much computer time I will get once the kids are both home!

DAN - Go for it - sounds like you have some good back up to get your money back.

Have a good weekend everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

UK Sarah

bizlawchik
05-25-2007, 07:52 AM
Good morning all!

Jillian - Hope you have a safe flight back. WTG at dinner last night.

Jason - Well it's about time you checked in! We were about to have our official 3FC stalker (Joni) hunt you down! So you have 15 more to go. Wanna join our July 4th challenge? You can compete w/Dan to get to goal!

Deb - That is TOOOO funny! And thanks for the new recipes. I'll have to play.

Angie - How weird about the tooth. Hope it's OK.

UK Sara - Wow, your house sounds great. Everything in the US is so new that even the "old" houses here are 50-100 years old. And where I am in South Florida, EVERYTHING is new. They have no appreciation for history. With the surge in housing prices, a lot of the "older" homes are being bought and torn down to make room for McMansions because the land value is more than the value of the house. It kinda sucks because everything looks the same. It's a mediterranean-inspired style, but it's just overdone. And crowded. I would love to see pictures of your area. Do you have a webshots site or anything like that?

Nicole, Kristen, Wendys, Kims, Lettie, Letisha, Megan, Nancy, and I know I'm missing a lot more of you, but :wave: Good Morning!

As for me, I am at work and REALLY looking forward to the long weekend. Gotta run for now. I'll check in later.

jessicarenee331
05-25-2007, 08:25 AM
Good Morning All! WI yesterday didnt go too bad, I was down .8 from Saturday. I havent really been OP so I sort of knew not to expect anything spectacular! Anyhow, I just wanted to check in and say hello. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

JerseyMadchen
05-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Hello All,

Just wanted to say hello and Happy Memorial Day weekend! I have a four day weekend myself and am already enjoying it! Have to take my mom in for out patient surgery today, she tore cartilage in her knee a few months back. Other than that, I get to see the long-distance BF again this weekend, so I am happy.

Have a great day!

LittleBlueCat
05-25-2007, 08:47 AM
:wave: Morning everyone!! It's the begining of a wonderful extended weekend! Hope everyone will be making the right choices :hug: I sure hope that I can....

hdsqrl
05-25-2007, 09:01 AM
Good morning, all! Today is day 3 of seeing the happy 173 number on the scale...I'm thrilled that I've been able to keep my TO loss steady...now to find a way to keep it dropping!

Have a big slumber party to deal with for my DS tonight, that includes an ice cream cake, eek! My plan to cope with that is to save a lite for that time, and my lite of choice will be the vanilla shake mixed with a diet root beer. I'm crossing my fingers that it'll convince me I'm enjoying a root beer float. :)

Also have several chapters to read for school, and a small paper to write by Sunday, so I may find myself barricaded in my bedroom while the boys tear the house part. *sigh* This too shall pass, I know. ;)

KrispieD
05-25-2007, 09:24 AM
hmmmmmm a new name........ StalkerJoni !!!

emmysmom
05-25-2007, 09:32 AM
Hi everyone!

Great job on the 173, Megan...hopefully you're on the trend downward...here's some :dust: for ya!

I wanted you all to know that I DID IT!!! I hit my Memorial Day goal and even passed it!! I'm really excited because this is the FIRST time on these boards that I set a goal and hit it. And I could not have done it without you guys. :hug: I was sooo ready to say forget it and give in to my frustration of not seeing the scale move. But I took all of your advice and hung in there. So thank you Dan, Cassi, Angie, Nicole, Deb...I know I'm missing some, but big hugs to you all. :hug: It just goes to show you that the support of these boards is enough to help you stick to plan even when you don't go to a COD.

Okay, I'm done...it's not like I just won an Oscar or anything...I'm just on a high today.

I probably won't be able to check in much after tomorrow so don't chat too much, okay (yeah right)...

Love you all!

mamato2girls
05-25-2007, 09:34 AM
LOL! That's a good one, Kristen!!!

Well, I'm in the office today, but I'm sure I won't do a whole lot. Just don't feel like starting something new before the long weekend. I would've worked at home, but my COD is near work, and they have Lites on sale today. I didn't bulk and have somehow managed to mainly buy Lites when they have a sale. I'm hoping the scale will be kind, since I'm starving on Green! I found myself eating a couple of handfuls of pop corn last night, and I hardly ever eat anything after dinner anymore. I was so mad at DH for popping that pop corn, but he had a starch left. So envious of his 3 starches on Red!!!

Well, need to go look busy.

equinetcan
05-25-2007, 09:42 AM
Good Morning!

Not a long weekend here as we had ours last weekend but for me it is the last day for the BC client I have dealt with for 3 years now. I start training on Monday. I still haven't made it into COD but I plan to tomorrow mornng before I come back to work for some OT. I will get the lecture as I haven't been in in over a week but it happens. I have been good though and I have stayed the same according to my scale.

We are supposed to hit 32C today with the humidex starting to go up. I know it is warm here at work this morning.

I have an 80th birthday for Kevin's grandmother on sunday. My MIL wants me to go. He will be there at some point but we get along so it shouldn't be too bad.

Danette - I have never had the scope for IBS but I have been told they figure I am mildly or borderline IBS. It doesn't stop me from having things but I know that certain things will react on me and I accept that if I choose to eat them. I have gotten used to it. My aunt has Crohns and has had a few surgeries for it so I am kinda prone to something. As long as I balance the fresh veggies with the not so good food I usually am ok. I eat lots of veggies now and very little packaged food.

Well, workday is about to start...I'll check in again later

mamato2girls
05-25-2007, 09:47 AM
Tina - WTG on making (and passing) your goal!! Woo hoo!

Alannah - Just checked out what 32C translates to in Farenheit, and wow that is warm!! For some reason I always imagine it being cool in Canada. We're expecting temperatures right around that (and warmer) through the weekend.

Dan2112
05-25-2007, 10:05 AM
Good morning all!!

Kim.. That is TOO funny.. I used several of the posters as part of a PowerPoint I was giving a couple of years ago, to help me lighten up a rather dry subject.. Of course, no one "got" it... Grrrr...

Tina - CONGRATS!!!! I'm jealous!

emmysmom
05-25-2007, 10:12 AM
OMG, Dan...don't be jealous. I have many more 15 pound goals to hit:)

emmysmom
05-25-2007, 10:22 AM
And thank you so much, Wendy!

I know how you all are feeling about work...I'm not much into it today myself. I'm just going through the motions...

bizlawchik
05-25-2007, 10:23 AM
:woo: WTG Tina!!!!! :cheer:

emmysmom
05-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Thank you! :hug:

KrispieD
05-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Yahooooooooooooooooooo Tina

Do the happy dance.. come on get dancing.. dance girl!!

bizlawchik
05-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Yahooooooooooooooooooo Tina

Yeah... dancing burns calories!!!

jessicarenee331
05-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Wendy, have you tried Sugar Free Jello Cups? they are sweet, and good, and they are a FREE FOOD. they count as NOTHING.

KrispieD
05-25-2007, 11:00 AM
If dancing burns calories.. painting must melt them.. from the amount of painting I've done over the past month I should weight ummm about an Evette!

Repo girl
05-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Wow, so much to catch up on!

Dannette- I have had all of the same tests, they really do suck. I thought that I would die drinking that HORRIBLE stuff. My tummy is turning over just thinking about it. I have IBS as well. The 2 best things for me is a strong cup of coffee in the morning, and taking EFAs. I also avoid pop most of the time. There is a tea called Smoothe Move by Medicinal Nutritionals that helps tons with constipation. The regular is a little nasty, but the chocolate flavor is good. Lastly, I keep Gas X chewables in my purse. I take them whenever I feel the gas pains start up, and they really help. I don't know about you, but sometimes I get gas pains so bad that they double me over in pain. If I can help you at all, let me know!

Kristen- Do we need a T Shirt for the painter?

Nicole- Great job on the smoking anni! You rule, as usual! Can you come over here so that I can take a bath? Please.....(whiney voice)

Joni- Hmmm, new name. I have been thinking about getting a new one too. I think yours should be supercalifragilisticexpealadociousjoni. Don't quote me on that spelling though!

Megan- Glad that you are holding steady on the TO loss!

Nancy- Have a good weekend!

Amy- Have fun with the BF!

Rebeca- So good to see you! Quit being a stranger now, and I mean it!

Sarah- I toured England when I was in college, about 12 years ago. It was so wonderful. I have always been a huge James Harriot fan, and getting to see the moors and sheep and mist and ancient walls and buildings, oh, it was the best. I would really like to go back with my DH. He would love the history and the culture.

Cassie- I know what you mean about too new. A dam broke and flooded our area in 1977. Nearly everything was destoyed, so most everything is pretty new here as well.

We are going camping for the weekend, I will check in before we go!

Repo girl
05-25-2007, 11:12 AM
Gooooooo Tina!

KrispieD
05-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Katie LOL on the Tshirt.. I'll have to think on this one..

My painter sucked so I'm doing it myself

Step AWAY from the Paintbrush

POP and Painting

hmm more will come to me!

hdsqrl
05-25-2007, 11:16 AM
:carrot: :carrot: Go Tina, Go Tina, Go Tina!!! :carrot: :carrot:

emmysmom
05-25-2007, 11:37 AM
You guys are the best!

Let's all dance together! Do the hustle! Da da da da da da da da da, da da da da da da da da da, ...where did that come from????

bizlawchik
05-25-2007, 11:49 AM
You guys are the best!

Let's all dance together! Do the hustle! Da da da da da da da da da, da da da da da da da da da, ...where did that come from????

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_5_138.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt302YYUS) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_1_115.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt302YYUS)

Dan2112
05-25-2007, 12:01 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_5_138.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt302YYUS) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_1_115.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt302YYUS)

Oh GOD.. 70's flashback.. I hated the 70's when I lived through them the first time, please don't make me do it again!!

Except for Star Wars.. Star Wars was the one bright spot of the 70's...

MTdebster921
05-25-2007, 12:09 PM
Tina- WOOHOO!! WTG!! We knew you could do it!!:broc::broc:

Amy- Enjoy time with BF.

Megan- YAY for you. Stay strong tonight with that cake.

Nancy- HI:wave:

Sarah- Your house is beautiful. I know that there aren't many houses here in america that are 300 years old and inhabitable.

I hope that everybody has a great long weekend. I will be working all weekend so I am not really worried about the eating plan. Next weekend we are going camping and I need to plan for that one.

Joni135
05-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Tina - congrats on meeting your MD goal.....and today's lesson:
"The most popular movie featuring the hustle was Saturday Night Fever, released in 1977 and starring John Travolta."

Liz - can you get a picture/video of Dan dancing for us? It would surely make my day.

Katie - sounds like you are doing a little better. Stay healthy, okay?

Thanks for all the name suggestions, but none of them seem to jump out at me. I must continue to ponder. Maybe I'll go look at some other threads and see if I can copy off someone else!

Dan - I just spent a frickin 30 minutes reading those posters. Too funny. Why didn't I think of something like that? I could've quit my day job.

:chef: Cassi - I see you're really busy today...you Smiley fool you! How do you insert a smiley that's not in the Smilies box?

mamato2girls
05-25-2007, 12:29 PM
Well, the scale at COD WAS kind. I'm down another .8. Yippee!! My favorite counselor got a little upset with me though because they gave me another opportunity to bulk bars at a special reduced rate with a free upgrade to 52 weeks maintenance. This would have given me enough bars to get all the way through maintenance. But, I instead opted to buy just enough to get me through stability and a few weeks of maintenance. I figure I'm not gonna eat the bars for my whole life (maybe the occassional Luna), so I need to get off them as soon as possible.

Jessica - Yeah, I've tried the Jello cups. They are good, but they always leave me wanting more. :(

For some reason I have "Come on get dancing..." running through my head to the tune of "Come On Get Happy.". Geez! Let's bring this into the 80's: "Let's dance! Put on your red shoes and dance the blues...."

bizlawchik
05-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Joni - I went to smiley central and downloaded the toolbar. Probably puts junk on my computer I don't want, but the work server filters it out.

Dan2112
05-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Tina - congrats on meeting your MD goal.....and today's lesson:
"The most popular movie featuring the hustle was Saturday Night Fever, released in 1977 and starring John Travolta."

Liz - can you get a picture/video of Dan dancing for us? It would surely make my day.

Katie - sounds like you are doing a little better. Stay healthy, okay?

Thanks for all the name suggestions, but none of them seem to jump out at me. I must continue to ponder. Maybe I'll go look at some other threads and see if I can copy off someone else!

Dan - I just spent a frickin 30 minutes reading those posters. Too funny. Why didn't I think of something like that? I could've quit my day job.

:chef: Cassi - I see you're really busy today...you Smiley fool you! How do you insert a smiley that's not in the Smilies box?

You think the posters are funny, watch the videos... Priceless.. If you like "The Office" these are right up your alley...

jessicarenee331
05-25-2007, 01:25 PM
Wendy, you can have more! I'm almost 100% sure it's a free food, meaning you can have as much as you want. thats what I was told anyhow. I eat them for snacks here at work.

mamato2girls
05-25-2007, 01:33 PM
According to my book, it's a condiment of which I only get 3 total. :(

MTdebster921
05-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Wendy- in the new book, SF jello is unlimited (to a point I guess)
Other condiments listed as unlimited are:

tobasco or hot sauce *can you say SODIUM
Worchestershire sauce *same as above
vinegar
horseradish
ICBINB spray *900 calories in a bottle
mustard
pimento
bouillon, broth, consomme, fat free *SODIUM ALERT
lemon or lime juice
sugar substitutes
sugar free gum

mamato2girls
05-25-2007, 01:50 PM
Thanks, Deb!! I was already doing the unlimited SF gum (tee hee) so glad to know it's now allowed.

slim n trim
05-25-2007, 01:50 PM
Morning all,
yes i guess it is stil morning, but barely..... has been a very busy morning so far, so I am late at getting all the reading done.

Tina - way to go girl........ congrats

Kristen - for that tshirt for your painter - how about something like:

don't let me happen to you....

or - maybe - I used to be a painter but its been a long time since I finished a project.

Deb - was reading thru the recipes posted. They sound great - can't wait to give some of them a try.

Megan - good luck with the sleepover - and step away from the ice cream cake..

Hello's to Cassie, Joni, Nicole, Nancy, Sarahs Katie, Kristen, Tina, Alannah, Dannette, Wendy's, Kim's, Angie, Amy, Val, Dan and Liz and everyone else that I know that I am missing, just can't remember everybodies names - sorry. Hope all you Americans have a great long weekend. Ours was last weekend in Canada, and the weather sucked - so hoping you have a great one.

Gotta go - things to do, and I am taking my two granddaughters - 2 and 3 yrs to Shrek 3 later, so that should be fun.

Talk to you all later,
Everyone be as good as you can be..... and if you slip up - tomorrow's another day.

ElleofALady
05-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Hey everybody! Haven't read anything yet, but just wanted to say hello. I will post later.

equinetcan
05-25-2007, 02:22 PM
Karen - I hear ya about the crappy weather last weekend. Considering I am on the other end of the country it must have been nation wide. Amazingly though the sun came out bright and early tuesday morning when I had to go back to work!!!!

This weekend I also have to start working on 25 (yes I said 25) x-stitches for my MIL. They are only small and will prob only take me about 1.5 hours for each on but I have to start working on them as we need to get them mounted i the hops as well. I ahve everything ready just haven't actually started working on them yet.

This was just a quick stop by. I am going to pop outside for a few before my lunch ends and get a little sunshine.

slim n trim
05-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Hi Alannah,

we unfortunately have had a week of rather crappy cold weather. In fact in Calgary which is 2.5 hours north of here they have snow. It is ridiculous. I have moved my flowers into my living room, as I was afraid of frost.

anyway the weather is supposed to get nice, and the sun is finally coming out. I am such a sun worshipper - I can't wait for the warm weather, and shorts, and golfing, and boating and yea - all that stuff.

Angie
05-25-2007, 03:09 PM
How is the tooth???? Is it like when you were little and a tooth came out and you couldnt keep you tonuge from the socket!!?? I dont have a good suggestions as to why it should happen.

Sarah -- That's it exactly! It's okay though, just annoying. I'll need to book an appointment to get it filed a little.

Tina -- Congratulations! Way to go!!!

Joni135
05-25-2007, 03:15 PM
Karen - enjoy Shrek 3! The weekend weather here in Atlanta is expected to be gorgeous - in the 80s...but we really need rain!

Wendy - congrats on your loss; hi to Letisha, Alannah and everyone else still around.

Mama Nicole - I just read through Cassi's July 4 Challenge post and saw your post about putting me in the challenge. LOL. You can't do that! I'm out of town until June 2 and while I hope to be somewhat good, I know I won't be POP, so I have opted to enjoy my time on the road and get my rear in gear when I return. I may be a late joiner to the challenge. I think the only way I would do well on a challenge if there is a material prize at the end of the challenge...you know, like cold cash! There's a website out there that actually has prizes for challenges, but it's sort of a goofy, unknown site.
Cassi - can we ever do a challenge that involves money? You know, if someone is really interested participants ante up $10-$20 and winner takes all. Stats would have to be done like on Biggest Loser so that it's all fair in the end. I like the idea, but not sure 3FC will buy into it.

okay - I'm closing down for the night....

Cassi - I'm trying to use Smiley Central and it gives me the long html address but won't let me put the smiley in..wonder what I'm doing wrong?

Debbie367
05-25-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm baaaaaaaack! I've been to Boston, KY, OH and IN over the last two weeks and I am worn out!!!!

Jillian I am really sorry to say I didn't make the 2wk challenge but really tried hard and enjoyed the healthy competition. How about you? How was your trip?

It's so hard to be on plan when you travel...grrrrrrrrrrrr I didn't drink nearly enough water but tried to make the best food choices. Needless to say I am back in action and looking forward to being in town for a while.

I am sure I missed all the AI chat but I did enjoy the finale and knew Jordin would win. I thought Bette's performance was off, I am a fan but this performance was a little pitchy and just aaaight.

Hugs to all...will catch up over the weekend!

mamato2girls
05-25-2007, 09:49 PM
Good night everyone! We may go to the beach this weekend (last minute trip), so I probably won't check in again until Monday. Hope everyone has an OP weekend and resists all the temptations!!

JLem311
05-25-2007, 10:44 PM
hey everyone. i made it back in one piece!

debbie--glad you made it back ok and that you did the best you could while you were traveling. it's hard, that's for sure! my trip was wonderful. i had an amazing time with the kids. as for our challenge...i did great actually. i'm going to COD to WI but i got on the scale when i got home and it's showing i'm at 219 and when i went to COD last thursday i was @ 223. so with those 4lbs plus the 2 i lost last week before i left, i actually lost 6lbs instead of 5lbs. :) but i'm sure with clothes on i'll weigh about 220. so i did what i wanted to do and lost again while i was on vacay. :)
thanks for the challenge debbie, i really liked it--we're still twins, right?! :)

anyways, i'm so happy that i have actually gotten out of the 220's..even if it is BNWI @ home. i can't remember the last time i've seen it that low. i think it was about 6yrs ago, at least.

ok, well, i'll check in tomorrow after WI. we're not doing much this weekend except for relaxing and swimming since our pool is open now @ our condos. yay!

Wendelina
05-26-2007, 12:01 AM
Hey everyone.. Just wanted to say hi and wish everyone a great holiday weekend. I've been super busy at work, and my laptop at home crashed (*&&^%&@%&%!!).. so haven't had time to read up to do personals yet.

WI was good today.. down 2.8.. I'm finally in the 170's! :carrot: Was a good feeling.

Tomorrow is my baby's 1st bday.. I'm planning for the cake, but if I eat the cake I can't have any potato salad. Such a dilemma!!

Congrats to the fellow losers.. esp Tina! (I did catch that part.. way to go!)

Alrighty - gotta run. Hellos to all you crazies -- and the sane ones too.

Debbie367
05-26-2007, 08:09 AM
Congratulatins Jillian!!!! Of course we are still twins....I am turning up the heat this summer :) The days of traveling all week are slowing down and I can concentrate on staying POP. I'm happy to hear you had such a great time on your trip...enjoy the pool this weekend.

mamato2girls
05-26-2007, 09:59 AM
WTG Jillian and Wendelina!!

We haven't left for the beach yet, so just popping in real quick. DH has lost about 5 lbs. during his first week on the diet. And, oddly enough, he already has pants that are getting too big!! Of course, he did lose a little weight during the course of my diet since January. And now he's coming in here sporting a pair of shorts he hasn't worn in many years. WTG DH!!!

Okay, gotta get busy. Laundry to do, clothes to pack. We only live 2 hrs from the beach, so at least we won't have to deal with the kids in the car for very long.

JLem311
05-26-2007, 11:20 AM
hey everyone. so here's my official COD WI results: 220! yay! i lost 3lbs since last thursday before i left on vacay! whoo! so excited! i met my memorial day challenge!!!!
and now with the 4th of july challenge, when that's done i will finally have caught up with DH's weight! :) yay!

have fun @ the beach wendy! we were gonna go, but i just got back from vacay and wanna relax at home by the pool. enjoy yourselves!

MomOfThreeTeens
05-26-2007, 07:35 PM
17 pages of posts for a single week? Sheesh I couldnt catch up even if I wasnt taking drugs LOL I know I've missed a ton of stuff this week. Maybe I'll try to scan the pages and see what I can find! Recovery is still going great. Only downside of feeling good is doing too much and wearing myself out. I was out of breath just trying to dry my hair, finally said screw it and went back to bed LOL Hope everybody has a great weekend!!