Old 05-21-2007, 09:47 AM   #16  
On LAWL since 1/10/07

S/C/G: 212.8/183/140

Height: 5'8" or 9"

Here are a couple more...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2100.jpg (27.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2102.jpg (19.5 KB, 20 views)
DenverChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:49 AM   #17  
LAWL Salt Police

Morning all..

Wow Libby.. Very cool indeed.. Sorry you're paying a price for your hard work, however.

THanks for the kind words Letisha... The problem with Liz and I being our own counselors, is that we're more likely not to yell at each other for going off POP and depending on what the food violation is, we might decide to just throw caution to the wind too... I'm thinking Hooters for dinner tonight..

So far, so POP today!

Be good, y'all!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:08 AM   #18  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

OK, I joined the real world and added msn messenger thanks to Danette!! LOL. If anyone wants to add me it is [email protected].

Gotta go and try and sort out this rats nest I call hair before I leave the house today...I would scare someone right about now!!!

Be back later!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:40 AM   #19  

Height: 5'2"

Good morning! Just thought I'd pop in real quick. DH is surviving FF so far. I'm very proud of him because he's given up his precious Mountain Dew (regular of course). He's replaced it with unsweetened tea because he doesn't care for diet soda. He's enjoying the unlimited meat and veggies, but he's not happy with having to eat 4 oranges!! He's not a big fruit eater, so he will probably get most of his fruit servings in smoothies once he starts the plan. We decided on red w/out the bars. Oh, and a co-worker of mine just told me this morning that she joined LAWL this weekend, and put me down as the referrer. So, I'm getting a $100 in store referral credit. I didn't bulk Lites, so this will help a lot!!

Well, got lots of work to do. Hope everyone has a great day!! I'm hoping I can squeeze WI today but not sure if that's going to happen or not. Lots going on today, and if I don't go before I eat lunch, then there's no sense in going. After that, I'll weigh more than I should.
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:50 AM   #20  
Amy

Good Morning All!

Libby, the ceiling is absolutely GORGEOUS! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I hope your hands recover. Also that your compensation was worth the pain and agony.

I had a bad weekend, Omelette with hash browns for brunch and Don Pablos for dinner. I had a chicken quesadilla at Don Pablos, but also had too many tortilla chips and queso... Am walking extra this week and upping my water to make up for it.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and isn't too miserable like myself to be back at work. We're finally having a somewhat decent spring here in Jersey, so it's so hard to come into theoffice when it's gorgeous outside.

On a bright note, my sister received her financial breakdown from Rutgers this weekend. For an in-state commuter, tuition costs ~$9500. They awarded her over $13k. $4k in bonus!! I need to get my rear end in school!! I want some of that!!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:03 AM   #21  
.Dreams.Come.True.

S/C/G: 213/191.8/150

Height: 5'4

Good Morning Everyone! This weekend wasnt too awfully bad for me, Friday night i did eat 1 and half slices of pizza, counted as a CC. Saturday I was good, even during my Aloette party for which I made the Pulled Pork BBQ recipe from the LAWL cook book. It was really good! I also made a choc peanut butter cake, but did not eat any of it! Everyone else loved it though, thats what matters I suppose. Saturday morning was WI for me, down 1.8 since last monday. so that made me happy. yesterday I felt like I did bad but I dont know that I actually did. I worked in the morning until 2, and I just ate a Lean Cuisine while I was at work, then we went down to my grandparents and they grilled hamburgers and hotdogs. I had 1 hamburger and 1 hotdog, plain no buns or ketchup on either one. Only mustard, (and only a little to dip them in). now comes Memorial Day weekend!!
jessicarenee331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:05 AM   #22  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Wow, Libby...BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I wish I was going for a TT tomorrow...lol...but seriously, I'll be praying for you, Kim.

I had a POP weekend and the scale showed no change from Friday - evil, I tell you!!! I'm just gonna hang in there. I have 0.8 to go to make my Memorial Day goal. If I don't make it, I'll scream...really, I will.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:36 AM   #23  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Shannon - in the updated guide Deb sent me a while back, it says 2 slices of light bread (1.5 oz) equals 1 starch. I say 40 cal bread equals light bread. I also see 1/4 cup (NOT MUCH) of low-fat granola cereal equals one starch. As far as the zone bar goes, I'm not really sure what to say since LAWL is not a calorie counting program. I can tell you that the LA Lites are soy-based, contain 180 calories, 4g fat, 8 gr protein and 3g fiber. If your two tiny zone bars equal about that, I would count it as a lite. Do the zone bars have soy? Soy is key (according to LAWL). They did the COD rip up your book??

Kim - thoughts and prayers will be coming your way tomorrow at 7:30 a.m. (eastern time zone??)

Libby - your work is beautiful, but I do hope your hands and arms are doing better. Sounds like you may have been forced to do this job in a faster timeframe than your body wanted you to.

Tina - hang in there.....you'll get there!!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:55 AM   #24  
LAWL Salt Police

Wendy.. If I can get used to eating fruit, so can your DH.... After a while it becomes second nature.. I sympathize with the soda... I'm a die hard addicted Dr. Pepper drinker... I've missed the regular stuff something fierce, and I really don't like the diet version.. But obviously I've survived...

Tina.. Give it another day for your weekend goodness to show up on the scale.. and Don't sweat.. Remember - you didn't go up either, did ya?

It's so weird, now that we have a scale at home, to see the difference a day, or even a few hours can make... As a lark, I got on the scale after eating a pretty big dinner last night, and it showed me 5 lbs. heavier than I was yesterday morning... This morning, I got on and I had magically dropped 4 lbs over night... I can see how and why this drives some people batty!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:58 AM   #25  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LottaMe2MiniMe View Post
Shannon - in the updated guide Deb sent me a while back, it says 2 slices of light bread (1.5 oz) equals 1 starch. I say 40 cal bread equals light bread. I also see 1/4 cup (NOT MUCH) of low-fat granola cereal equals one starch. As far as the zone bar goes, I'm not really sure what to say since LAWL is not a calorie counting program. I can tell you that the LA Lites are soy-based, contain 180 calories, 4g fat, 8 gr protein and 3g fiber. If your two tiny zone bars equal about that, I would count it as a lite. Do the zone bars have soy? Soy is key (according to LAWL). They did the COD rip up your book??
Can I get a copy of that updated guide? Why don't the CODs have those?

Mini Zone Bars about 2" x 1"
Calories: 80
Calories from fat: 25
Fat: 2.5 g
Sat Fat: 1.5 g
Trans Fat: 0
Cholesterol: 5 mg
Sodium: 110 mg
Potassium: 40 mg
Total Carb: 10 g
Fiber 1 g
Sugars: 7 g
Protein: 5 g

On the list of ingredients soy protein nuggets is number 1

Yes I got the "Shannon, you're not eating all your food" lecture. I eat as much as I can. They don't seem to take into account that I'm on Byetta (diabetes) and if I eat too much I throw up. I'm going to have them talk to a dietician about that

Well I just called and explained about my meds and got the "Shannon, I promise it's not too much food" response. I've been on this diet since Feb 26 and I can count on 1 hand the amount of days I managed to shove down all this food.

And thank you for responding btw.

Last edited by smjezzy; 05-21-2007 at 12:15 PM.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:26 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Shannon which plan are you on? when I can't get all the food in I try to get as much as possible in liquid from

Slimfast of slimdown= 1 Starch, 1 Protein
V-8 4 oz= 1 Veggie
fruit juice 4oz= 1 friut
milk 8oz= 1 dairy

if you try really hard you can almost drink your whole day!! (they probably wouldn't like that either!)
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:45 PM   #27  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

Good monring everyone,

just checking in here real quick .... its a holiday in Canada today, but I have lots to do. Starting with, need to get some groceries in my fridge. It has been a real busy weekend.

Stayed pretty good OP with the exception of last night we went for dinner after golfing with friends - and I had two - not one - but two - salted ceasers... I know - I could have ordered them not salted - the salt police willl be after me now - but I didn't. So, now I am drinking water, and doing the hlw like crazy today. Didn't weigh myself this morning as my scale has not been my friend lately anyway - I think it is stuck - maybe its broken - ha ha......

anyway - Kim - my thoughts are with you. best of luck to you, and enjoy that soup and jello.

Libby - beautiful work, sorry to hear about your hands. I feel for you - I am suffering from tendonittis in my right arm right now - very painful.

Wendy - good luck with DH - its certainly much easier to do this when you don't have to cook two different meals.

Question - I have read lots of comments about Deb's cookbook - what is it, and where would I get a copy.

Hellos to Joni, Letisha, Kristen, Wendy II, Amy, Allanah, Dannette, Angie, Sarah, Tina, Katie's, Nicole, Jillian, Debbie, Cassie, Lettie, Jessica, and everyone else, who's name escapes me right at the moment.

Have a great day.
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:50 PM   #28  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

I have no problems with starches, it's normally the 1/2 protein, veggies and fruits I have issues with. I already had a v8 for breakfast. I can't drink fruit juice because of sugar. I'm ok if I do the frozen shakes and put all my fruit in at one sitting. I will just have to start making it at night and putting it in the freezer to bring to work with me I guess. I can force most of it down but the veggies kill me.

I'm on the red plan no lites 2.5 protein, 4 veggies, 3 fruits, 3 starch, 1 fat, 1 dairy. In other words, too damn much food. She also started complaining about me not doing lites. Well if you'd do the lites.... Perfect solution, I can't eat the food they want me to eat now so lets throw in more! I think I might be able to choke down a cheese stick for the missing protein. I just don't understand how you get all the veggies down. Even without my byetta I couldn't eat that many veggies in one day. I ate a tomato last night (wasn't hungry) so that took up one and was still in the hole for 2. And then there's another issue - eating late at night to try to get as close to OP as possible.

I liked this diet when I was losing and not eating all the food but now it's obviously caught up with me. I think they need to move me to a different plan because of the Byetta. They need to take that into consideration.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:53 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smjezzy View Post
I have no problems with starches, it's normally the 1/2 protein, veggies and fruits I have issues with. I already had a v8 for breakfast. I can't drink fruit juice because of sugar. I'm ok if I do the frozen shakes and put all my fruit in at one sitting. I will just have to start making it at night and putting it in the freezer to bring to work with me I guess. I can force most of it down but the veggies kill me.

I'm on the red plan no lites 2.5 protein, 4 veggies, 3 fruits, 3 starch, 1 fat, 1 dairy. In other words, too damn much food. She also started complaining about me not doing lites. Well if you'd do the lites.... Perfect solution, I can't eat the food they want me to eat now so lets throw in more! I think I might be able to choke down a cheese stick for the missing protein. I just don't understand how you get all the veggies down. Even without my byetta I couldn't eat that many veggies in one day. I ate a tomato last night (wasn't hungry) so that took up one and was still in the hole for 2. And then there's another issue - eating late at night to try to get as close to OP as possible.

I liked this diet when I was losing and not eating all the food but now it's obviously caught up with me. I think they need to move me to a different plan because of the Byetta. They need to take that into consideration.
well when all else fails. If I know what is going to work for me and it isn't what they say. I do what I want and write down what will make them happy. eat the less food, write down what they want to see. but watch it closely. if you stop losing, then you can't ask them why, you can only get back on their plan and then see how it goes and then ask them.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:43 PM   #30  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday!

Dan - Back away from the sclae!! Oh, and if you go to Hooters, remember that many of the breasts there have added sodium -- so stay away!! :-)

Libby - what beautiful work you do! No wonder your poor hands hurt! I hope you charge a lot for it.

Wendy - hooray for your DH! How did you get him to go along with you? I'm trying to gently persuade my dh as well.

Letisha - Thanks for the Dust!! I need it! I'm doing some major gardening tonight after work, so that'll count for something today at least. I'm sure struggling with getting back in the exercise groove though. Keep blowing that dust my way!

Alannah - Thanks for the hello on my Wall on Facebook! Very Cute!

Kim - Prayers and luck to you tomorrow morning!!

Hellos to Joni, Danette, Lettie, Shannon, Tina, Jessica, Amy and of course the rest of the gang who hasn't checked in yet today. :-)

Stay POP, Peeps!!
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote