South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 06:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday's Chick Chat

Morning!

Just a quickie before I run off to Curves. The sun is shining and it's going to be a beautiful day! I'll be back with my coffee after my workout!
Old 05-01-2007, 07:12 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sunshine here too and my daffies look wonderful at the edge of the meadow!

Yesterday I overdid it a bit with gardening and am a bit stiff this morning. A good hot soak will fix me up and I'll be back at it when it warms up a bit outside. It was a tad chilly having coffee on the deck this morning with my Girls. I am going to be a bit more cooking for my stash this morning - some sort of soup with tomato, cabbage and turkey sausage. I'm trying to get my fridge as empty as possible for moving it during the reno.

Hmm - time to post the May Targets and also ask about April weightloss and then I'll deal with real life.

How is your Tuesday looking this glorious first day of MAY, my favourite month?
Old 05-01-2007, 07:16 AM   #3  
On The Beach!

Good Morning! Ruth, your flowers are beautiful....thanks for sharing!

This is Day 7 for me on SBD, so I weighed in this morning and lost 5lbs. Woohoo!

Have a great day!
Old 05-01-2007, 07:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3

Happy May Day Beach chicks.. as a kid we used to hang May baskets on doors.. guess they dont do those things any more... I am P1 day 8.. lost .4 but have been sick.. last week I also lost 5.2 ... May is transition month for me.. Kodak sold their Health divison to a canadian company and we just started today as Carestream Health.. hope we have a good future with them... Take care all and have a great day... India
Old 05-01-2007, 07:40 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

India, I did the same thing when I was a kid. In this garden zone, the flowers were sometimes just dandelions but we used to make paper flowers on pipecleaner stems, make little baskets and hang them on doorknobs of dear little old ladies. It was such a nice tradition. By the way, I just checked your profile and we have the same interests and are both in the over the hump age range. Western NY? I'm just over the bridge.

Kevin had just arrived to start the fencing - a day early! I was planning on making muffins for him and his guys but will have to move fast. In the country, it is appreciated if you offer coffee and something to the "lads" when they are working at your place.

Gotta dash.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:10 AM   #6  

Ah, much better!

Your flowers are lovely, Ruth. One of these days I'm going to sit down and figure out how to post pictures, my flowers are really looking good this year. Why don't you make the Fireside White Bean & Sausage Soup and add the tomatoes and cabbage to it? I've done that and it turns out wonderful! Muffins sound good, one would go great with my coffee just about now.

Bella and India, , you're both doing great! Keep up the great work!

It was sunny earlier, but now it's getting overcast. The weather report says no rain, though. Maggie doesn't have school today, so I have to go pick her up at 9:30, and we're going to hang out here at my house until it's time to get Audrey at 3, then start our rounds of extra-curricular activities. Maggie started a new gymnastics class that meets on Wednesdays, and her new ballet class is on Fridays, so almost every day of the week is going to be busy. Yesterday, I did pretty well staying OP, except that we went to the Mexican ice cream parlor after the girls' dentist appt., and I just could not resist the avocado ice cream, oh boy, it's that good! Today will be better, I promise!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:22 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Gorgeous day here too in S. Louisiana. I just got in from watering the gardens in the back, shoveled down some eggs and am getting read to throw back some V8 and heading off to work a little early. I just heard on the local news channel that one of my clients (a book publisher) is going to be interviewed at 8, so I want to get there early before classes and see if I can catch the interview on the web.

Going to stop at the grocery on the way back after school and get some chicken and vegs for some grilled kabobs this afternoon. Oh and some apples..it's apple day!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:37 AM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Beachers!

Today is sunny again....rainy season hasn't hit yet. The temperatures are already getting a lot hotter. I'm dreading the heat and humidity of summer. Hopefully, we can get this house sold and make our move to Georgia before it really settles in. Had more "window shoppers" come through yesterday evening.(Thats what we've decided to call our home walk-throughs...they look but don't buy!) Had to go out to dinner again as they came during our dinner time. Did my best to stay on-plan, but I really would feel more confident if I could eat my on-plan Southbeach recipes. Hopefully, there won't be too many dinner hour walk-throughs this week.

Cottage - White bean and sausage soup sounds really good. We havent tried that one yet.
Hope everyone has a great on-plan day! I better get to work....I'm a little behind. (I wish I meant that literally!)
Old 05-01-2007, 08:41 AM   #9  

Rhonda, "I'm a little behind."
Old 05-01-2007, 08:57 AM   #10  

Morning Goils!!!!!!!!!

Ruth: your daffy dillies are beautious!
Cottage: I sencond that Fireside soup YUM!
India and Bella : you gals are doing SUPAH!!!!
Girly: We get this show "sell this house" that shows how with a few $$$ you can spruce up the place and sell it pretty quick!. Good luck on sellin and movin to "Joechah"!
Femme" Have a good day at school!!

It's gonna be in the 90s today OY!!!! Me and MIL will do some power shopping..I need some tees and shorts... tonight left over ham and sweet potatoes.
Have a great day gals!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 09:02 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

Good morning -

Well, I have excercised and had breakfast - woke up starving today! And I feel better for it. Being gone over the weekend and an early work start yesterday meant I was off for a few days (on excercise and eating ), but I am more focused today and feel better for it.

The trip to NYC was wonderful - I had a great time with my mom and her friends, though I do know that I will never visit a city with 13 people again unless it is part of an organized tour with someone clearly in the lead. I like to have a plan and stick with me and not dwell on decision making. I have told Scott we may need to plan a long weekend there for the summer as I had fun, but would like to see some things I didn't as there were so many of us!

This week at work will be busy, plus I havea dentist appointment today (one of my least favorite doctors - that darn drill!). So I am off to the shower and the office! Enjoy the first day of May!

Ally
Old 05-01-2007, 09:12 AM   #12  
Mama on a Mission!!!

S/C/G: 176/174/145

Good morning all! Well...today is day 2 on ph 1 for me and I totally rocked yesterday! I stayed on plan and power walked with a very thin, very fit friend of mine last night. Whew - that girl can move!!

We're having rainy weather today, so it looks like it'll be me and my stationery bike.

On the agenda today, we have dental appointments for my 9 and 6 year old, vet appointment for my 5 month old German Shepherd pup, Duke, and Syd has a softball game this evening (barring any unforeseen cancellation due to rain). Busy...busy...busy!

I'm so glad I found you guys here!
Old 05-01-2007, 09:12 AM   #13  
Michael Ann 1973

Good Morning Chicks,

Got a full plate today, as per usual

I weigh in at WW today so lets see what happens there. Their scale is higher by 4 pounds...which sucks! I go by my scale and my gym scale...they agree and so do I

Ruth...I am jealous of your daffies...mine were up a month and a half ago, but both they and my tulips were snuffed out by a cold snap! So sad

I will check back in later...ya'll have a lovely morning
Old 05-01-2007, 09:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Hey Chicks,
I've been MIA lately DH decided to take us to Myrtle Beach after all. My girls had a blast. I can honestly say that the Atlantic(freezing cold water) is nothing like the Pacific but seeing the ocean for the first time in 8 months made me feel a little better. Boy! do I miss home. At least it's sunny here in GA. Weather is fairly similar to Hawai'i, well for now anyway.
Ruth and India - Today is "lei day in Hawai'i nei." It's song. Anyways we celebrate by wearing lei and usually aloha attire in the business field and most schools have a celebration with the children performing. Usually, there's a bit with the May pole.
So yesterday was my first day at Ph 2. I decided to introduce back some fruit particularly a green apple, my fav. It was so delicious. I decided not to weigh myself since it's my time of the month and didn't want to set myself up for disappointment. My DH is going to his promo board today. Gotta love men in uniform. I'm a little nervous. I hope he does well.
India and Bella Congrats on the weight loss, WTG!!!!
Anyways I gotta go the house is too quiet, that means my girls are up to something.
Good luck with staying OP,
Pohai
Old 05-01-2007, 09:23 AM   #15  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

mornong chicks, a quickie for me again this morning. DH and a friend of his are fixing my clothes line, not that I can hang anything as it is not so nice here again today,they say sun will come but right now it does not look promising. Not much new in my world other than I did weigh myself this morning and I am down 5 pounds. Enjoy your first day of May ladies.
Closed Thread