General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 10:58 AM   #1  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

S/C/G: 212 / 204 / 150

Height: 5'3"

Default I hate my hair!

A little back story... I had grown my hair out to about waist length. I was happy with it most days, but every now and then it would try to strangle me while I slept, or get tangled in something, so I cut it to about shoulder length.

Well, a few weeks ago I decided to get it layered. Paid $50 to go to one of those high-class salons and get it cut by a "master." I liked it for about a week, but now all the little layers on my face drive me nuts.

Can't decide if I should leave it alone and let some of the layers grow back out, or chop it off even shorter. I had short hair for the first 40 years of my life, so the long hair thing is pretty new.

Not sure what my point is other than to rant a little.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:44 PM   #2  
hara hachi bu

I'm all about change, so I'd say do something you haven't done before. Maybe leave it long with layers, but cut the bangs shorter to keep them from poking in your face?

I have long hair now, and I've always wanted to be thin with long hair so I'm trying to wait until I'm at my goal weight before cutting it off.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I mostly had short hair in my life but am now somewat obsessed at letting iit grow , I have only had it cut once in the last 13 years, it is not super long but I can wear a variety of styles with longer hair. it is a pain in the neck to go thru the growing out period. kind of like dieting, you just have to stick with it.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:24 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I go thru changes but for the most part my hair stays the same. I like change, just sometimes afraid they will mess it up. Every time I find someone who is good they move to another state! So I've had to take my chances. I have a girl that does okay, and it is just hair and will grow back.

I love layers though and I would go a little short but keep the layers. Keep us posted
Old 04-20-2007, 12:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

My hair is the longest its ever been, and I'm trying to grow it still longer. It's now an inch or so short of waist length.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

My hair is the longest its ever been, and I'm trying to grow it still longer. It's now an inch or so short of waist length.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:35 AM   #7  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Well, if we're ranting about hair, count me in. I hate my hair, too. At least I hate the way it is in its natural state. It is thin, stick straight, scraggly, and mousy brown. So I spend a fortune in to both time and money to turn it into someone else's hair. Highlights, expensive cut, product, and then the time I spend drying it and styling it every day (well, every day that I shower, that is. Luckily I work from home so I don't have to shower every day anymore).

But I'm not sure what to tell you about your own hair, except to go back to the stylist (or go to a different one), explain what you don't like about it and see if he/she has any suggestions. You also might try living with it for a little while. Sometimes when I have a new hairstyle, it takes me a little while to get used to it.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:31 PM   #8  

I hate my hair too. It's naturally curly and wavy. It's cut in layers also. It's about shoulder length. When it rains, it really curls up! The older I get the curlier it gets! I guess we all hate what we have.

About yours: I would go back to her, tell her exactly what you would like to have. Maybe just a trim would make you like it better. Good luck!!
Closed Thread