Support Groups - 1lb. Down and Plenty More To Go! - April

LadyLai
04-02-2007, 12:26 PM
:welcome3: to ~ One LB. Down and Plenty More To GO!

Old friends and New friends,

This thread is open to any and all ladies who have more than a "few" pounds to lose. We all know that if it's more than a "few" that it's gonna take sometime to get rid of it. And when you're in a certain place in your life for a while it's great to have some friends around that know exactly how you feel and know exactly what you're going through. Having support via family and friends is great and certainly a welcomed thought, but sometimes they just don't get it. We'll help encourage you through the down times, discourage you when the dieting alter ego wants to take over and then encourage you some more! Just jump in and make yourself at home. Let's try to live, love and laugh our "weigh" through this!

LadyLai
04-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Hey ladies, welcome to the new thread of the month! Hope you had a great weekend. I could have improved upon mine in a number of different ways. Food choices being number one!! This is another month to try and make waves in the pool. I wish us all plenty of success in April!!

meowee
04-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Hi TINA . . . Another fresh new start . . . one of the good things in life . . . :D . . . I'll get March closed. See you all later . . . :carrot:

ELEM-PGF
04-03-2007, 07:23 AM
Good morning Girls!

Love the idea of a fresh start! You know like the downy scent "April Fresh"... Anyway just wanted to pop in and say that I have been doing pretty well. Making good food choices at least and definitely less quantity. Still haven't gotten back to the exercise and that is definitely my next goal! I am so busy with work, kids, church and household stuff that Mommy is playing way below second fiddle! Time to make me a priority for a little bit! Well gotta run lots to do. I pray everyone has a wonderful day and that this new month brings new committment and passion for making us as healthy as we can be!

anajjana
04-03-2007, 08:27 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!!

Finally the scales moved down to 207 so now I get to change my ticker!!!

I still don't see it and it seems as if my pants are fitting tighter because they were fitting looser around 212. I don't know but I not going to stop.

Hope you ladies have a wonderful Tuesday!!!

GainingWeightInLa
04-03-2007, 10:23 AM
Hey, everybody! Weigh in is this evening. Just finishing up TOM, and remarkably (not in a good way) am not expecting a loss. :( My scales are not showing one, anyway. That usually means theirs won't either. :( New week, new month, new start, though, right?!? I've not really been trying excessively hard though. I feel fairly motivated...dunno what's wrong with me. Guess I've been comfy to coast for a while?? I am ready to see new numbers, though.....and looser clothes....and feel even better. Hey, the compliments from those I haven't seen in a while aren't bad either! lololol

I really want to start planning my meals. I've done it before and it helps me tremendously. I have the time to do it usually. Guess I just need to find the discipline.

Jana, congrats on the new loss! Odd that you pants would actually be tighter. Not laundry related, huh?? I can certainly tell the difference between washing in cold and hot water and the dryer vs. hanging to dry.

Well everyone, today's daughter's 2nd birthday. Had a party Saturday, but am planning to take her to do something special. So I'm off! Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Diana

meowee
04-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

Same old, same old around here today. Weather is a tiny bit warmer (and a big bit duller) than yesterday. We have both snow and freezing rain in the forecast for the next few days, I NEED SPRING !

Must get myself moving . . . need to get a few groceries . . . I eat so many salads and fresh veggies, I seem to be shopping almost every other day. Frozen is okay in a pinch but fresh just taste better.

BTW, I read something recently that says freezing veggies destroys the fibre content . . . wow . . . Anybody ever heard that? The frozen food companies (and all other pre-packagers for that matter) are always telling us how their products retain all the necessary vitamins and minerals and other good stuff, but do you notice that they never mention anything about what may not be retained?

Sorry for the tangential rant . . . hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. See you soon . . . :carrot:

GainingWeightInLa
04-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Well daughter is still sleeping, so I came back and added a "before" picture to my profile. Amazing to me when I look at an old picture how different I look....I feel like I still look like that old me sometimes....:( That's 40 lbs gone! YIPPEE!!

meowee
04-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Yippee . . . Diana . . . a world of difference, chickie . . . :hug:

LadyLai
04-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Good morning ladies! You know what sucks?....the weather!! Woke up to a -18!! What happened to our spring? I'm quite tired of the cold, we had snow on the ground since October! Would some of you southerners start blowing some warm air up here! Heaven knows I'm about to lose it!

Erin, good for you for getting a hold of healthy eating and proper portions. I'm sure you'll get that exercise under way too. And when you get that bug, would you mind sharing a little with me! I'm being really terrible, I have it in my head that I'm waiting for spring and the snow to melt to be able to get outside to walk. Nevermind the two pieces of equipment I own...excuses..excuses!

Jana, congrats girl. You are getting closer and closer to ONEderland. I bet you can smell and taste it by now! Woo hOO!

Diana, you and me both. I'm so ready to meet some new numbers and better fitting clothes. I love the way you said, "need to find the discipline". Girl, that rang so true through my ears! Thanks for that! Your before and during pic comparison is amazing. What a great transformation....keep it going!

Linda, I hear ya girl. Hey, you wanna take a trip to the south together?! That's an interesting tid-bit of info. Considering when you hear that frozen is sometimes is as good if not better than buying from the fresh produce.

Have a great day girls!

Cheryl120
04-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Hi Ladies...Sorry to be MIA again, but I have had a lot on my plate to deal with the last couple of weeks and I was STRESSED to the max. Two weeks ago, we had the FD removed from our home. After 19 months, I finally reached my breaking point and told them to get her out of here. It was effecting my health not only by having pain between my shoulder blades and halfway down my right arm, but trying to stay on program. I always go back to what comforts me when I'm stressed, and that's FOOD. I no longer have the pain as of two days ago, but my left eye is driving me NUTS with the twitching. Hopefully as my stress level goes away, this too will be gone. On top of this, my DH is in the hospital with a bowel abstruction, but he is doing much better today and it looks like he will not need surgery. I'm also having to deal with winter coming back. All of the snow was gone and the grass was greening up, then I wake up to 2'" of the white stuff, -10 with the wind chill and 2' drifts in our yard to deal with and no Hubby to clear the yard. I'm blessed to have nice neighbors that help when you need them.
It's a new month and I'm going to work real hard to get back on track and stay there.

Cheryl

anajjana
04-04-2007, 10:09 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

Well the scales were down to 205 last night and up to 206 this morning!!! Weird once again! All of this is really blowing my mind! But I have lost another inch and I get to change my ticker again.

I know my three weeks of "falling off" has kind of helped me, since I had hit a plateau. Now that I'm back on track, I'm seeing major results.

My pants are still not fitting the way I want them to. I can kinda see some results in the mirror and of course the scale is showing it but now I want my pants to be loose so I can go shopping for more b/c the one's I have don't fit!!! (well I want that to be my excuse for shopping when I really don't need to be):dizzy:

I guess it's just as Prince says, "she's never satisfied.":dizzy:

I hope you ladies have a GREAT hump day!!!

GainingWeightInLa
04-04-2007, 11:18 AM
WEIGH IN WAS LAST NIGHT! I was expecting NO LOSS and maybe a slight GAIN! I LOST 1.4 lbs!!! I'm beside myself! I wanted to hug the lady that weighed me! lolol I've lost 21.8 so I'm changing ticker to say 22 lbs lost....surely I can get rid of two tenths this week, huh? I cannot believe I lost for so many reasons.....I told hubby that it may all be due to TOM, but I don't care as long as it doesn't come back. A loss is a loss as long as it doesn't come back, right? Do you guys KNOW how long it has been since I weighed 218.8????? Less than 19 lbs to go to onederland, girls! I cannot believe it myself! If I must die trying, I'm at it til I reach the 100's!! I can do this in a matter of just a few months, I think! If I really try at it. I'm calling the gym today....I wanna start working out. I've got major flab developing here. lol Hubby's even started to really notice...he commented about it last night. Anybody know if it's true what they say about working out? Does it really make you gain weight initially?

Well, I'm going to make that call (gym).....just as soon as I changed ticker! :)

Diana

meowee
04-04-2007, 11:18 AM
Arrrrgh . . . Not having a good day . . . at all . . .

Enough said . . . see you later . . . :mad:

LadyLai
04-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Cheryl, wow...I'd say you've been under some stress. I'm glad the light at the end of the tunnel is now coming into view. I hope all is well with your hubby and sorry to hear that things didn't work out with your FD. Now that you have some things cleared you'll be back at it full swing! Hang in there girl, you can do this!

Jana, it's nice to hear things are going so well with the weight loss. It is really quite motivating. You'll be getting to ONEderland soon enough!

Diana, aren't surprises great!? I can feel the energy radiating off of your post. You are so motivated now, keep it up! Good for you girl! I'm proud of you!

Linda, dare I ask?? Sorry to hear about your tough day. Hope things look up for you soon.

Well, not much news with me. Getting ready for the weekend. My whole family will be here friday, for a Good Friday Dinner. Then we will all be going to my moms for the weekend. What are your plans for Easter?

Have a great day!

GainingWeightInLa
04-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Well ladies, I just did it....called Curves!! I didn't realize it was so expensive!! And you sign up for a one year contract!! :( Those are the "negatives." (Not really, though, because if I'm paying for it, I have to sign a contract, AND I'm losing inches, I know I'll stick with it---SURELY!) She told me I wouldn't get sore either! yippee!! I am supposed to go meet with her before 6:30 pm today! You guys, this is a major step for me. I COMPLETELY NEVER thought I would ever do something like joining a gym! This is so outta character for me....I'm beginning to wonder who exactly this is that's taken over myself! lolol I so hope this works....I really do. I guess it will if I'm dedicated enough to it, huh? Discipline, huh Tina? I'll let you all know how goes it! :)

Diana

LadyLai
04-04-2007, 10:15 PM
Way to go Diana! I think you'll enjoy it....burn baby burn!

ELEM-PGF
04-05-2007, 09:46 AM
:wave: :wave: Good morning ladies!!! Well i have to say the not weighing thing was kind of getting to me and my friend that is holding my scale is out of town so I can't get it back to check and being the anal retentive person i am i won't be happy unless i weigh on my scale. So i decided to try on some clothes and see if i could tell some differences there. So I found a few things that were tight the end of last summer and tried them on. they were presentable enough i would wear them if i had to but i it wasn't quite the improvement i wanted to see. So i brought out the old wedding dress and put it on. And i do mean PUT IT ON!!!! I was so excited. the last time i tried i could get it on my not get my arms all the way down the sleeves and zipping all the way was out of the question. well can i just tell you not only did i have it on, but with the long line bra under it, it fit as good or even a little better than the day i got married! This has been one of the big milestones i was looking for to know that i am really making some headway. Now i need to get into some of the stuff i was wearing when we started dating. And the next goal is a dress I wore for my college senior portrait. Okay is it weird that i still have clothes from all these phases of my life???

Enough about me! How are all of you!!!

Linda- Won't ask about the bad day, sometimes its best to go back to bed and start over!! Hope today is much better!

Cheryl - Sorry to hear about all the trouble you've been dealing with! Bowel obstructions can be very serious glad to hear you husband is doing well and won't need surgery! I'm sure getting the foster daughter out of the house helps but all the effect of that stress take a little while to really go away. Hang in there girl!

Tina - Well lady still no exercise yet. I have gotten behind with so many of the maintenance things around the house that i spend any free time still catching up on that. We need the exercise bug to make some rounds here! Looks like i may be cooking Easter dinner this year! My Mother-in-law is camping in a camp ground near by so would be crazy to go all the way down to her house when we can do it here. We'll see though, she has never been real big on coming to my house for anything.

Diana - :carrot: :carrot: wow lady, that is awesome. Your excitement is oozing out of your post! I have looked into curves several times but the ones that are closest to me are not open the hours i would really want so haven't pursued it much. Let us know how you like it. Getting moving with exercise usually gives me an initial burst of loss but then i seem to plateau. And then i gave up on ex and eating. SO my advice is whatever change you see with initially starting to ex ,keep at it you know we need to remember we are in this for the long haul!

Jana - Congrats on moving the ticker!:carrot: :carrot: always exciting to have to do that. You'll see those pants falling off before you know it! Just keep at it!

Well ladies time to get to work! For all of those hanging on the edges here hope you are doing well and keeping at it! I pray for a motivated and blessed day for all of you!

meowee
04-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Good Morning . . . :hug:

Things are definitely looking better this morning . . . not the weather though, it is downright ugly, and is supposed to stay that way most of the long weekend. :( Don't know what happened yesterday . . . I was sick all day . . . and, of course, lost not one solitary ounce because of it. :mad: Would have liked a little reward for feeling so crummy even though I know it would only have been water. :o

Congratulations to everyone who has enjoyed a scale victory and/or a non-scale victory in the past couple of days. Looks good on you all. Yippee. :carrot: Keep up the good stuff.

Well I've got to get out and pick up a few things today since everything will be closed tomorrow. So far, I've done really well avoiding all the Easter goodies - even the Cadbury's Eggs which I dearly love. Taking a friend with me today so maybe we can keep each other honest - hope we don't keep each other dishonest instead. ;)

Main reason I have to shop today is to get ready for the dog I've agreed to play foster-mom to for a few weeks. His owner is going to be hospitalized for quite a while and her dear sister doesn't want to be bothered with the dog - a 4 year-old Shih-Tzu. I don't even know the owner . . . it's one of those 'friend of a friend' routines. Hope my 15 pound cat doesn't eat the 10 pound dog. Actually my biggest fear is becoming so attached to Moe that I won't want to give him back when the time comes. :o

Okay everybody . . . hope you have a great moving and shaking day planned as well as a great long weekend. See you all soon. :carrot:

GainingWeightInLa
04-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Good mornin', ladies! Visited (and joined) Curves yesterday evening....and did my first workout. I'm just a tidbit sore this morning...and just in a couple of little teeny spots on my legs. It was awesome...if it works, that is. I'm skeptical about it working. For those of you who don't know anything about it (like I was), they have probably 10 or 12 different weight machines (stations) that have an exercise-in-place station between each machine. You work a machine for 10 seconds (yes, I mean seconds, not minutes) and then you exercise in place (walk, run, jump n jack, whatever you choose as long as you're moving) for 10 seconds. Then you move to the next machine. You rotate thru all the machines twice, stretch, and you're done. Three times per week. It's definitely doable. You don't set up appointments, you come whenever is convenient for you. You scan your tag when you come in and it tells you how many times you've worked out for the month. They check your weight, all your measurements, and your BMI (Body Mass Index) once every month. And of course the harder you work the machines in those ten seconds, the better you do. I don't know how much 20 seconds, three times per week can do for me, but she assured me that in conjunction with watching what I eat, I'd see results the first month. Hmmmmm....I'll let ya know. And the cost is about a dollar per day....$31.75/month.

Anyway, that's the deal. My husband told me last night, "I wasn't gonna tell you this, but I never thought you'd join a gym!" He says he's very proud of me. :love: My husband is sooo supportive....I feel like the luckiest person on the face of the Earth. I truly could not do this without him.

Now you all have the scoop....May 4 I'll let ya know how it works!
Got a sickly daughter (AGAIN!!!), so I'm about to get after my day's chores! Have a GREAT one, everybody!

Diana

jelynn
04-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Hi everyone! :wave:
Well, I had been terribly busy and eating terribly lol. Not much good news to report I'm afraid.
I've had sick kids and company (not that that's an excuse...) but wanted to check in before I leave for spring break tomorrow. We are headed down to Utah this weekend and then I fly to Portland, OR with one of my sisters for 4 days while my dh takes the kids to his sister's in WY. Should be fun.

Diana- I have heard mostly good things about Curves (and the bad things were probably from people not going, lol) I'll bet you do great there!

Congrats on the pregnancies too! Hope you all have a great Easter weekend. I won't be back until the 17th, but plan to be hard core again starting then.

RRVMMM
04-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Hey ladies, sorry I haven't been around. I have been busy and just not my normal peppy self when it comes to weight loss. I have changed the way I eat again to see if I can get the scales to move and have had not luck they are stuck at 222. And worst of all the whole office was on me today to order mexican for lunch, I held out for about an hour but I finally gave in. I have ordered a grilled chicken breast with rice, hopefully it isn't to bad on the fat grams. I am not really counting carbs right now, I figured I would go back to just fat grams for a bit and see if I can get myself a moving again. I am just so frustrated with myself. I really need some kicks in the rear.

Ok enough of the pity party. Congrats to all the loosers.

anajjana
04-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Hey Ladies!!!

Well the scales were down another pound this morning and I've got on a pair of jeans that I have not worn since 2004!! I get to move my ticker again!!!

Have a good night!!

meowee
04-06-2007, 06:06 PM
:easter3: Everybody . . . :grouphug:

The way our weekend weather is shaping up the bunny needs to be wearing snowshoes, over his hipwaders, over his snowsuit, and carrying a steel umbrella (so it can't blow inside out) . . . :( Hope things are better where you are. :)

I had one of those good/bad moments yesterday . . . I had a little candy meltdown and ate an 85 gram (about 3 oz) bag of NSA miniature Reese's Peanut Butter cups. Obviously that's the bad part -- the 350 calories and the 'bloating' (for lack of a more lady-like description) from the sugar-alcohols. The good part -- I really did not even enjoy them (do you believe I actually said that :dizzy: ). They seemed way too sweet. Just hope I can remember that the next time I'm facing a 'candy challenge'. :^:

Not too much on my horizon for the rest of the weekend. Times like this, I wish my family was closer . . . :( Hope everybody else has some great moving and shaking fun stuff planned and that the :bunny2: is good to you and yours (but not toooooo good, of course). See you later . . . :carrot:

GainingWeightInLa
04-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Hello ladies! Had a great day yesterday....was able to squeeze in my second curves workout before going to work. YIPPEE! I learned a valuable lesson....always eat before you go work out! Otherwise, you may get very flushed and lightheaded! I'll chalk that one up to a near expensive lesson learned! lol Great eating day too...almost fell off the wagon "because I'd worked out." Maybe that's going to be a battle for me??

Gotta run quick....bbl!

Diana

meowee
04-07-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm having another queezy-tummy kind of day. Wish I knew why? Oh well, I'm sure this will pass again.

Outside, it is snowing that lovely Christmas-Eve kind of snow . . . the kind that makes you say, "Oh goodie, we'll be having a White christmas after all!"

:snowglo: :easter2: :snowglo: :easter3: :snowglo: :easter2:

Too bad it's Easter Sunday Eve instead. . . Did a little last minute shopping this morning and the stores where busy like it was Christmas Eve, too . . . except for the place where I had to return something, that was more like Boxing Day. I feel like I'm in some kind of time warp.

Anyway, hopefully tomorrow will be a wonderful day for everyone. Keep doing as much of the good stuff as you possibly can . . . see you soon. :carrot:

meowee
04-08-2007, 11:02 AM

Weather-wise this has got to be the worst Easter Sunday I can ever remember. :mad: We are in the middle of the worst storm of the year. There is already over a foot of snow on the ground and no signs of it slowing down. Had to open the front door to even figure that out, because all of my screens are so coated with wet icy snow that I can't actually see much of anything out there. Wind direction must constantly be changing or I'd have some side of the house to look out. Cancelled my Easter plans and I imagine it did the same for a lot of others . . OMG, I hope people are sane enough to stay home today . . . the roads are bound to be a disaster. :^:

Turns out I'm not getting Moe (the Shih-Tzu foster dog) after all -- the sister decided she'd 'do her duty' and look after him herself -- unless she changes her mind again . . . so looks like Mouse will have to continue to eat cat food.

Anyway, gang . . . hope that most of you are having better weather than we are. Keep things moving and shaking . . . and stay away from the chocolate bunnies . . . see you later . . . :carrot:

Michelle
04-08-2007, 04:14 PM
;) HI LADIES...Remember me??:o Sorry I haven't been here for awhile. I've been on the boards here off and on just posting here and there, but I finally have gotten serious again with this weightloss. I restarted on track again a week ago yesterday, 3/31/2007, and so far I've been doing really good and lost 3 pounds this past week. I've been doing my WATP 1 mile every morning, and two of the days I added another mile in the evening, and also added the 2 pound weights in. Yesterday I tried to switch up to the 2 mile video, but it is at a much faster pace so I still do just 1 mile of it, but maybe in a few days I'll be up to 2 miles.:p I really got into a deep depression after my mom's passing this past October, and I ended up putting on 10 pounds. My younger DD is getting ready to graduate from high school the first week of June, and she has been accepted to a major university on the west coast into their Nursing program. I'm so happy for her!:D Today for Easter, we're going over to my older DD's new home for dinner, and then I can also see my "granddaughter" Oreo lol. Today it's partly sunny and supposed to get up to 65F. Last week, a few days it got up to almost 80F. I'm sorry Linda you're having such a horrible storm today, but please be safe!! I hope all of you ladies have a wonderful Easter!
:easter2: :easter: :easter3: :bunny: :bunny2: :egg: :easter: :easter2:

meowee
04-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Welcome back MICHELLE . . . so good to see you again. :hug: Glad things are settling down for you. Believe it or not, it finally stopped snowing and the sun is actually peeking out once in a while. Unfortuntely we still have a sever wind warning -- 95K (60M) per hour -- and, since we are approaching high tide, we also have a storm surge warning. You have a great Easter with your family, girl. Needless to say, I cancelled my dinner with friends plan and I sincerely hope everybody else is sane enough to stay off the roads, too.

ELEM-PGF
04-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Happy Belated Easter everybody! Hope you had a wonderful day and did not succumb to the temptaion of candy! We are loaded down with it for sure! I bought way too much for the kids to eat and then my mother in law felt the need to go overboard as well. SO I got through yesterday but now it is the getting through the weeks worth of leftovers that will really be a challenge.

Have had some wonderful NSV's since i am not weighing right now. Wore a pair of kahki type pants yesterday that i have not worn in about 10 years or more and they definitely fit, a little tight at the waist but that is due to my hernia i think. Also was actually able to run yesterday without feeling like i was shaking the earth. Played some kickball with the kids. My MIL was staying at the campground real close to us and we ended up spending the day there. Was actually kind of nice but i couldn't believe i could run around with them like i did without getting so winded or feeling like the earth shattered everytime i ran. Really inspired me to want to keep things going and made it a little easier to avoid the candy yesterday.

Linda - I hate to hear you are having such bad weather! We have definitely had colder air than we have had in a very long time but beautiful sunny skies. Not to mention we are supposed to be back in the 80's by mid week!

Michelle - SOOOOO GOOD to see you back! Hope the Easter with your family was enjoyable! Haven't done my WATP tapes in a long time, hearing you talk about them reminds me I may need to get mine out! Bet i can't even do the one mile right now!

Diana - congrats on the curves workout and yes a little snack before ex can be helpful!!! I hate that blood sugar dropping feeling!

Jana - congrats on the jeans fitting and the ticker move! That is awesome!

Robbin - Consider yourself KICKED!!!!! You have hung in there so long don't give up now!!!!! Maybe you should try my get rid of the scale theory and just focus on what you know is right for a while. A change in the plan always seems to help too. KEEP AT IT YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!

Emily - guess you are gone on spring break now! Hope you have a wonderful trip and we will hear from ya soon!

Well ladies i have got to run, Lots to do today and not nearly enough time! I pray all of you stick to plan without even realizing you are doing it!!!! Will probably be a few days until I can check in again hang in there in the mean time!

meowee
04-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Good Morning, Chickies . . . :hug:

Hey, the wind is down to a dull roar and it isn't snowing right now. ;) Although, we are supposed to be getting some more of the stuff -- guess a foot isn't enough?

Since I had the kybosh put on my original plans for yesterday, I definitely tried out a couple of new recipes . . . both definitely winners, if I do say so myself . . . and then, of course proceeded to eat too much. Proving, once gain, that too much of a good thing is still too much -- especially true of the dessert since it's main ingredient is FF Cool Whip which is full of HFCS. The casserole is just plain good and good for you, too. Anyway, here are the recipes . . .

MACARONI & CHEESE CASSEROLE

8 oz dry pasta (penne or fusilli, or similar size)
2 - 3 cups frozen cauliflower
2 - 3 cups frozen cut green beans
1 medium onion, diced

-- Cook pasta and veggies in salted water, drain.

1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
2 cups diced ham

-- Stir ham and tomatoes into veggie mixture.

-- Preheat oven to 350.
-- Spray large lasagna pan (or two 9 x 9 pans) with cooking spray.
-- Spread veggie tomato mixture in pan(s).

1 ½ cups of skim milk
3 Tbsp all purpose flour
2 cups shredded, reduced fat cheddar cheese
1 cup 1% cottage cheese
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese

-- Make a basic white sauce with the skim milk and flour.
-- Stir in the cheeses and cook gently until smooth and thickened.
-- Pour over veggie ham mixture.
-- Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes.
-- Let stand 20 minutes before serving.

Makes 8 servings of about 2 1/2 cups each. Nutrition Information per serving – 290 calories; 8 grams fat; 30 grams carb (5 grams fibre); 24 grams protein – ED approximately 1.15

CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE BARS (or Pudding)

Crust:
1 cup Fibre 1 Cereal, crushed
4 tsp light margarine

-- Mix together and press into bottom of sprayed 8” or 9” square pan

Filling:
1 cup FF cream cheese (250 gram tub)
2 cups FF Cool Whip, thawed
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tbsp Splenda

-- Mix together thoroughly with mixer or blender.
-- Spread over crust and refrigerate at least two hours before serving.

Makes 8 servings as bars, with crust . . .
ED of approximately 2.7
-- 110 calories; 3 grams fat; 16 grams carb (4 grams fibre); 5 grams protein

Makes 4 servings as a pudding, without crust . . .
ED of approximately 1.5
-- 150 calories; 2 grams fat; 10 grams carb (.5 gram fibre); 4 grams protein

Anyway, that's it for me, today will be better . . . I promise. Hope everybody else has a great moving and shaking day planned. Keep doing the good stuff as much as you can and the rewards will follow . . . and, stay away from all that leftover Easter Candy . . . See you soon . . . :carrot:

GainingWeightInLa
04-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Hi everybody. Well, made it thru Easter without any candy! :) We went out for lunch, though, and while I did pretty good with eating (1/2C chicken pot pie, one chicken breast, cabbage and a salad), I did have an Easter splurge and got an ice cream cone for dessert. Rest of the day rocked. I ate some FF chips with 3 tbsp of french onion dip as a snack late yesterday evening and then 1 1/2 cup lean cuisine skillet creation type stuff...chicken parmesan flavored. I may have overdone it slightly point-wise, but it was Easter! Although, I'm not looking to see a loss this week, even with the workouts. :( I feel like I've eaten like a horse!

Have my third workout today. I've got a pretty bad cold. I'm curious how that'll effect working out, but I'm going nontheless. No matter how rotten I feel. I can't breathe at all out of right side of my nose right now....feel like my head's gonna explode. Whatever would we do without allergy season? Gotta love that pollen!

Well everyone, good luck stayin' away from the "nandy" (as my 2 yr old daughter calls it). I'll be packing mine up probably midweek and taking it to work. Better them to eat it than us! hehe

See you all later!

Diana

anajjana
04-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

Well the scales went up to 203 on Sunday and have stayed there since!!!

I knew it was coming soon. I am thankful for the loss though!!! Now I've got to really push it to get to 199!!! I'm so close it feels like a dream!!! All of this really feels like a dream because at 228 it seemed like I was never going to make it here. I want to thank you all for continued support and never letting me down, even when I let myself down, I could always count on all of you to help me along the way.

I hope all you ladies have a wonderful Tuesday!!!

meowee
04-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Hi Ladies . . . :hug:

Oh Joy, Oh Rapture . . . we have sun . . . :cool: Not warm enough to be having much impact on the snow . . . but all good things will eventually come this way, I'm sure . . . in the meantime, I'm just happy to see the sun. :)

Not much else is new around here. Have to get out and get some errnds done that I've been putting off because of the weather. Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned . . . and no leftover Easter Bunny 'droppings' to contend with . . . See you soon . . . :carrot:

GainingWeightInLa
04-10-2007, 03:05 PM
OMG!! I just had a delicious Healthy Choice pizza!! Not sure how many points it was, but I'm thinking 6 or less. It was yummy! It's been a while since I've had pizza....maybe that had something to do with it?? LOL

Weigh in is tonight. Not expecting any loss at all. I'm thinking it has to do with working out? That's what I'm blaming it on anyway! lol Everyone told me it would happen (no loss for a while when I began working out). I'm not gonna get upset about it....as long as I don't gain more than two pounds to put me back up to having lost less than 20 I'm good!

My daughter and I are fighting really nasty colds. Feel like I have my head underwater and my nose is filling up. :( Probably has a lot to do with this WEATHER we're having. Just heard on the news that April is shaping up to set a record for the coldest April in over 100 years. Gotta love that global warming, huh?? hehe We'll be 80+ one day and 32 the next! We actually had a snow flurry in LOUISIANA this past Saturday morning. That is the most unheard of thing ever!! It set a record. DUH! It really is no wonder we're all sickly right now. We got our pool ready for swimming and that night a cold front barrelled thru here. Woke up to BRRRR temps and no swimming! :(

Guess I should get back to work. Yippee fun. :( :sniff: :sniff:

Have an awesome day, everyone!

Diana

GainingWeightInLa
04-10-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm back again....guess I'm gonna talk everyone's arm off today. :( We're not going to weigh in tonight. My cold has taken a turn for the worse. I'm feeling awful now. And with the awful feeling I have has come the munchies....serious ones! That's not why I'm not weighing in, though. It's a 30 minute drive and I just feel so run down...just can't go. I can't figure out why I'm munching either. Just sat down with ff chips and (full fat) french onion dip and kinda pigged out. I don't even know why. when my nose is stopped up like this, I can't taste a thing. So I wasn't eating because it tasted necessarily good, I'm just empty....my tummy. Maybe it comfort while I'm feeling bad? I don't know. I can see a gain in my immediate future, though.

Jana, I meant to post to you earlier how happy I am for you! I'm excited for you to finally reach onederland!!! Today, I'm feeling like that 18 lbs is mighty far away for me! Enjoy it enough for us all until we can all get there! You deserve it!!! :cheer:

Diana

Cheryl120
04-10-2007, 11:14 PM
Hi Ladies...Hope you all had a wonderful Easter. Sorry I have been MIA again, but we are still having problems with the internet. Finally got someone out here today, and it turned out we needed a new modem, soooooo I'm very happy to be able to surf the net tonight.:D

Michelle...Welcome back and I missed you! I will be in Portland in June, my granddaughter graduates on June 2nd and I can't wait to be back in the Northwest.

Linda...It started snowing this afternoon and we now have 6" of the stuff. The way the wind is blowing, I know by morning I will have drifts over three feet to deal with. Will spring ever get here?

My Hubby is doing much better and went in for tests yesterday. We got a new Foster son on Thursday. He is 4 and keeps me running, which is a good thing! I saw the eye surgeon this afternoon and I go back in two weeks to have the cyst removed. The doctor said I will have a couple of stitches, and the cyst shouldn't come back.

Have a great evening.

Cheryl

jtammy
04-10-2007, 11:42 PM
Hi guys, I have been reading, but have been so busy that I haven't posted for several days. I hope you don't mind if I just jump right in here. Congratulations to those of you who have been losing. :grouphug: to the rest of us.

RRVMMM
04-11-2007, 10:33 AM
Hey ladies, I know I have been absent again and I am sorry. I have been beating myself up for the terrible food weekend I had. Tons of food and none of it good stuff. Scales went all the way up to 227 Monday morning but I am happy to report that with chugging water and strict food intake they are back to 223 this morning. I have given myself a good talking to and I think I am ready to get my rear in gear once again. I know my stall has been because I am not trying as hard as I once was and I have been in the maintenance instead of weight loss frame of mind. But I am not finished here, I want to keep going. I will do this.

GainingWeightInLa
04-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Wow, great to see Tammy, Robbin and Cheryl back! Tammy, looks like you've dropped some more?? I thought you went maintenance??? LOL :) Looks like maintenance is treating you very well!
Robbin, make yourself come here or go somewhere positive and encouraging. Don't stay away!! It really does help. And you're right, you CAN do this! However, no one know better than myself that it can't be done alone....
Cheryl, glad to have you back also! Good that you're up and running again. I've been having trouble with my internet service lately, too. Or atleast that's what I think it is. I've been trying forever and a day to upload some pics onto myspace and it just won't work! It gives me an "unexpected error" message. I even tried doing it at work...same thing. It must be ISP or myspace. Very frustrating!!

Well everyone being sick is really causing me some heartache! All I did last night is eat warm stuff....I had soup, spaghetti, a piece of garlic bread. It loosened my chest congestion a little, but was it worth it? And I don't think I can handle working out today. I'm already coughing a lot! I'd probably pass out! I'm gonna give myself a day or two to recouperate.....I don't think I have any other choice, really. I know the scales will go up a bit. Oh well, they'll go back down, I suppose.....eventually. I really feel too crummy to even care right now. :(

Well, I'm already late for work. Still have to take daughter to sitter. I'm sure I'll be 2 hours late.....funny.....I feel too crummy to care about that either.

Have a great day, everyone.
Diana

meowee
04-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Hi there . . . :hug:

Another sunny but cold day . . . hopefully it will soon be Spring . . . oh, wait, the calendar says it is already, and has been for 3 weeks now . . . gee, where did all this snow and cold come from? :dizzy: Hmmmmm . . . definitely a time-warp of some sort going on . . . my official WWI tells me that I'm officially still 233 pounds for the 3rd time in a row . . . I think I see some sort of pattern developing here. Hope the pattern of 4 will be better for both the weather and my weight. :^:

Nothing else is new around here either . . . just keep putting one foot slowly in front of the other and waiting semi-patiently for the rewards that I know are lurking out there somewhere.

Anyway, everybody, have a great moving and shaking kind of afternoon and evening. We will all be winners if we just keep doing the good stuff as much as we possibly can . . . and a big WOW for you Tammy; maintenance is certainly treating you right. See you later, gators . . . :carrot:

Michelle
04-11-2007, 05:05 PM
CHERYL...Thank you for missing me; I missed you too!;) :hug: My DD is also graduating in June in Portland, and has been accepted to the University of Portland this Fall into their Nursing program. She is so ready for her senior year to be done! She is going to see her friend again in Maine for two weeks, and then her friend will be coming here to stay with us for two weeks. They were hoping to both go to the same college and share a dorm together, but her friend wasn't accepted to the university where my DD is going, so this way atleast they can spend time together this summer. I've still been exercising every day and watching my calories. I just get so impatient and want the weight off yesterday, but I'm learning to take it one day at a time.:(

LINDA...Sorry you're still not getting the Spring weather yet. I cannot believe how a lot of the states got hit today with heavy snow again!:(

TAMMY...You're my inspiration and I think you're doing great!!!:hug:

RRVMMM
04-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Michelle Ė welcome back, we did miss you, but I havenít been here much myself lately, I have been on a plateau since December and it is really getting to me.

Cheryl Ė Glad to hear your hubby is doing good. Also excited to hear you have a new little one running around your house.

Tammy Ė nice to see you.

Diana Ė I know you are right, how many times have I said the exact same words to others. I am just so tired of this plateau.

Linda Ė I think you pushed some of your cold to the south. We have been having record lows here after having a few weeks of record highs. Whatís up with that?

Well ladies on Monday I bought a weeks worth of lean cuisine lunches for work and am just about sick of them. The one I had today seemed like about 6 bites and I am so hungry. I was so set to be ďgoodĒ all week but being hungry makes me be ďbadĒ. I am gonna have to figure out something else. I can not sit here and think of food for half of the afternoon, by the time I get home I will be crazy and go overboard. Any suggestions of low fat easy lunches I can bring to work with me?

Michelle
04-11-2007, 07:30 PM
ROBBIN...Something that I have just started eating and it really fills me up is:

-wheat pita
-oven roasted turkey breast
-lots of green leaf lettuce
-1 slice mozarella cheese
-mustard
-baby carrots on the side

I'm now craving this every day, and I love the wheat pita because it only has 0.5 grams of fat and it's filling. Mozarella cheese is lower in fat and I also have it with my afternoon snack with Kavli Crispy Thin crackers; you can have 3 of these, and they are big, no fat and only 60 calories for all three. I was finding that when I would have a Lean Cuisine Mac & Cheese for lunch, I would still get so hungry, but this new lunch is really filling me up. I know how you're feeling with the weight gain, because I've put 10 pounds back on since losing my mom.:( :hug:

anajjana
04-12-2007, 08:45 AM
Well ladies the scales finally moved again this morning to 201!!! Yipeeeee!!!

I've only had one person notice that I've lost weight and that was just yesterday!!! I am now only 26 pounds from graduation weight. If you took someone who has not seen me since graduation day they could tell from down the street that I have gained weight but if you took someone that saw me last in November (27 pounds ago) they would have to look really close to tell that I have lost weight. Why is that??

Well I'm thankful for the lost anyway!!!

Have a great Thursday!!!

RRVMMM
04-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Michelle - thanks for the lunch tip, it sounds yummy. I have some oven roasted turkey and fat free pita bread at home. I will try that for tomorrows lunch. I used the pita bread to make low fat pizza for dinner last night. Everyone gets their own pita round and picks their own toppings for their pizza then we toss it in the oven till the cheese is melted, of course I had the fat free mozarella that doesn't melt as well but it was still yummy with turkey sausage, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, tomatos and just a couple of black olives. And very low fat.

Jana - its always that way, people always know when I have gained but never seem to notice as much that I have lost. Oh well don't worry about it, you know you have lost and that is what matters. I just wish I could get past this stupid plateau I have reached and hit the 2teens and eventually catch up with you. You go girl your almost to onderland :carrot:

Well ladies the scales jumped up a pound to 224 from yesterdays 223. What am I gonna do????????? I am gonna kick myself in the rear and start exercising again thats what. Now just convince myself of that when this evening comes around.

GainingWeightInLa
04-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Robbin, do you have access to a microwave? If so, I'd suggest bringing a bag of popcorn to have in the afternoon when the hunger starts. If not, bring grapes or strawberries to snack on. Keep really, REALLY busy. I find that the busier I stay, of course the less time I have to think about food!

Jana WOW WOW WOW!!! Congratualtions!! You're rockin' right along! If we could all be so fortunate! I know, fortuane has absolutely NOTHING to do with it. Your hard work is just paying off tremendously for you. You deserve every single loss you get! Keep going..........

I'm going to attempt to go work out tonight. Didn't make it last night...was just too sick. I'm probably still too sick, but I fear that if I don't go tonight, then my other workouts will be all for nothing and I'll be basically like starting over. I don't want that so I'm making myself go. My congestion has settled in my chest, though, so I may spend all my time coughing. As long as I don't pass out, I'll consider myself lucky. I feel anymore like all I ever do is go work out. And it's only 30 minutes, 3 times/week. Those 3 times per week sure come quickly. I also haven't done well in my eating since being sick. I've eaten like a horse! I'm sure the scales are showing it right about now, too. I'm not daring to get on them. I don't even wanna know about it.

Well everyone, I'm back to work. UGH! Have a great rest of your day.

Diana

meowee
04-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Hi gang . . . :hug:

. . . look . . . up in the sky . . . it's a bird . . . it's a plane . . . no . . . it's me

. . . just flying right on by . . . :carrot:

Michelle
04-12-2007, 04:49 PM
LINDA...:lol: :rofl: :lol3:

ROBBIN...Your pita pizza sounds SO GOOD, and I will have to try it! I'm so sorry about the scale, and I'm just as frustrated with mine.:( People say how when you're first starting out with your plan, you usually lose quite a bit of weight in the beginning, oh not me!!:devil:

DIANA...I hope you're feeling better and enjoy your workout!;)

JANA...:congrat: with your weightloss!!!:woohoo:

ELEM-PGF
04-13-2007, 08:00 AM
Hey ladies, busy week as usual lately but had to pop in. Another week of not weighing so nothing to report there. I think i will probably wait until after TOM comes sometime this next week and then will weigh. No need to discourage myself with WWW that may be gone in another few days. I have exercised two days. Did 2 mile WATP and 35 min on the eliptical (5.3 miles and 428 calories). But couldn't do any yesterday and may not get back to it today. It felt really good to sweat again, HOW SICK IS THAT!

Some really quick personals and then gotta run!

Diana - hang in there and hope the cold goes away quick!

Jana - Onederland is looming!!!!! How awesome is that!

Linda - you crack me up!!

Robbin - I'm telling you throw away the scale and focus on what you need to do, eat right and exercise. Once your stress level goes down by not seeing numbers you don't want, staying with the program becomes a little easier.

Michelle - good to see you back in the game and hope you are doing well! I have a wheat tortilla roll up i do that is very similar. Yours sounds really good too!

Well ladies time to get busy! Hope ya'll have a great day and will see ya soon!

meowee
04-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Yuck . . . Yuck . . . Yuck . . . Yuck. I am definitely not in a good mood today. It is snowing (blizzard), I didn't sleep well, I have a throbbing toothache, and it's Friday the 13th. :mad: Tomorrow will be a better day. :^:

Hope everybody else is doing fun stuff. . . :hug:

anajjana
04-14-2007, 10:16 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

I have some wonderful news!!!! I finally made to ONEderland!!!!! The scale sang a beautiful song of 198 this morning!!!! Yipppeee!!!!

I was going to post some progress pics but I think I'll wait until I hit 40lbs before I do that.

Could not have done it without you guys!!! I'm off to change my ticker!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

shyla2001
04-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Hey girls! Just checking in - it's been a while, eh?? LOL Remember me?

I had gained it all back, and over the past 5 weeks have lost 10 lbs again. This time I'm just calorie counting, and I really like it. To me, it's alot easier than counting WW points.

I'm not changing my ticker though! Gonna get back where I was and then keep going!

Good to "see" you all!

meowee
04-14-2007, 01:00 PM

Things are a lot better today . . . I got a good night's sleep, my tooth is much better (??), and, although it is dull, it is NOT snowing. Funny, after the storm ended, it got quite mild and we ended the day with less snow on the ground than we had before it started snowing. :?: We are supposed to be getting a Nor-Easter tomorrow night, but, for a change, the eastern seabord of the US is going to get hit worse than we are . . . maybe we will all get lucky and it will never develop at all . . . this is crazy, it's the middle of April already.:(

JANA . . . :cp: :hat: :encore: :congrat: :hug:

SHYLA . . . :welcome2: back . . . we missed you . . . :hug:

Hi everybody else. Hope you all have great fun moving and shaking your way to better health and fitness today, gang . . . see you soon. :carrot:

RRVMMM
04-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Morning Chickies. I have decided to go back to weighing just once a week on saturdays, maybe it will keep me from getting so aggrivated during the week. And good news to report, scales are at 221. Havent seen that number for a few weeks and I am excited to see the scales are moving downward again.

Well gotta get to work. Check back soon.

LadyLai
04-16-2007, 05:34 PM
hey girls...Boy has it been a while. Easter holiday had taken hold of me and taken me away. It's usually only an extra long weekend but it turned into being a little longer. My brother and family didn't leave until last wednesday and thursday and friday were spent running for groceries and playing maid. Not to mention the gorgeous pavement and grass has been making an appearance. I went for a 2 mile walk this morning to try and wake up my exercise bug. I think it worked...I think...LOL! Well, girls I don't have a lot of time to do personals. May I just jump in here!? Have a great day!

meowee
04-16-2007, 06:30 PM
Hi ROBBIN . . . :hug: . . . good idea to only weigh once a week . . . I used to be very good about staying off the scale between WWWs, but not any more. I'd better get back into that weekly groove again, too.

Hi . . . TINA . . . :hug: . . . Glad to see you. We missed you, girl. Glad you had a good family visit and glad that your weather is starting to pick up.

Hi EVERYBODY ELSE (wherever you are) . . . :hug:

We've been having a very dull, but relatively mild day and the major Nor-Easter warning has been downgraded to mostly rain (maybe a little snow) and, of course, lots and lots of wind, with a possibility of storm surge. Will this Winter never end? :^:

Well, today was the day . . . I finally stopped procrastinating and did my Income Tax and wrote the nasty, nasty cheque to Revenue Canada, always so much fun. :mad: Next task on my agenda . . . complete the application forms for CPP (Canada Pension Plan) and OAS (Old Age Security). Wow, you know you've arrived -- you are old -- when they send you the applications in the mail. :(

Well, all you sweet young things, hope everybody is having a great moving and shaking kind of day doing the good stuff. See you soon. :carrot:

jtammy
04-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Just slinking back in to tell Jana congratulations on hitting onederland. :cheer: :cheer:

I'm home with a sick child today so I hope to get back on for a longer post. :hug:

anajjana
04-17-2007, 10:57 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

I want to say thank you to all the congrats, but I must say that hitting onederland is nothing like I thought it was going to be. I've never been in this position before. When I was younger I dropped a lot of weight quickly and never saw the slow move from 200 to 100.

Maybe this is just because I'm so close to 200 (being at 198, I'm only 2lbs away), but I'm so scared I'll see 200 on the scale again and I NEVER and I do mean NEVER want to see that number again. It's like a phobia that has developed all of a sudden.

It's weird because when I used to step on the scale there was always a fear of "will it go up or will it go down" but now it's more like "it can't go up because if it does I'm not going to be in onederland anymore and then what am I going to, I've worked so hard just to get to this point and now I've lost it."

I've been on plan, I have not fallen off, the scale has been stuck at 198, the fear of seeing 200 again is not allowing me to eat anything off plan, which I guess is a good thing.

Sorry, just needed to vent a little!!

I hope you ladies have a wonderful Tuesday!!!

LadyLai
04-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Good morning ladies! Hope you are all found well and kicking the pounds to the curb! I feel really invigorated this morning. I'm just stepping back in from my walk. I decided to go to our city's trail system around a lake. Which I thought was a long distance but it turned out to be a tenth of a mile shorter than walking the neighborhood. But oh well, you gotta try these things to find them out!

I wanna really get my groove back like it used to be and now that it's coming onto summer I think it's going to help. I really want to buy new summer clothes, even cuter and smaller than last year. I don't want to feel like I've been stuck in this rut for as long as I have. If memory serves me correct that I think it takes about 20lbs. to lose a size (for me anyways) so I'm going to give myself a 25lb. goal. That oughta do it!

Now I'm gonna try to attempt to catch up a bit....

Erin, how did keeping the scale outta town work? Congrats on the wedding dress fitting. I never got to wear mine so I couldn't judge by that. But I do have some clothes I used to wear before I ballooned up that I could dig out.

Linda, Alyssa was watching a kids channel yesterday and in between shows was a Crazy Frog video. What a funny little dude. I can see why you and your buddy ball have so much fun bouncing to those beats!

Diana, how's Curves? If memory serves me correctly, when I used to go to Curves we did a station for 30sec. Twice around the circle would give you a 1/2hr. workout. I hope you're enjoying it. I certainly did, and it sure tones you in places you even forgot about! LOL!

Emily, hope you had a good spring break! Hope things get a little lighter for you on all regards! :)

Robbin, your strength is forever inspiring. You just never quit even when the scale has tried to kick you down so many times. I'm glad to see it finally getting the kick instead. You go girl! You motivate me!!

Jana, Jana, Jana!! Wow! I'm so envious of you! Congrats! You make me wanna fight even harder! Thanks for the inspiration. Enjoy your 100's!!

Michelle, welcome back! Glad to know you're back on track again. You sound like you're doing all the right stuff! Keep it up!

Cheryl, I see you're going to steer clear of anymore teenagers. LOL! Glad things are looking up for you again!

Hi Tammy! Good to know you're still with us! How the maintenance practice working for you? I hope all is well!

Shyla, good to see you again! You'll get back into it don't worry. Seems we always have to play around with our plans to find something that works for us individually.

Phew...I hope I caught everyone! :) Well, I gotta find the advil bottle. If I haven't already had enough visitors last week, TOM decides to show up a week early! Good grief! Have an awesome day girls!

My new motto: "You gotta stand up for yourself, against yourself!" We can be our own worst enemny sometimes. ;)

TTFN!

meowee
04-17-2007, 01:46 PM
Hi everybody . . . :hug:

Congratulations to the newest onederlander, JANA :) and to the almost onederlander, TAMMY, who is losing like mad since she started trying to maintain. ;) The pounds to a size varies for everybody, TINA, but you can pretty much count on it being 2 inches in circumference. :)

We are having crummy weather today . . . very windy, rainy, drizzly . . . but it is 6C (43F) so at least it isn't snowy. :) We do have a storm surge warning though.

Not much else is new for me . . . Hope everybody is having a great moving and shaking kind of day (with or without the help of Crazy Frog). See you all soon . . . :carrot:

meowee
04-18-2007, 10:07 AM
Oh my . . . another not very good day shaping up . . . the wind is still roaring and the sky is still very overcast although it is not, at the moment, raining. I'm nursing a weather induced migraine and a companion high Blood Glucose Level, plus a Weird Water Weight gain of 2.5 pounds. Oh well, this too will pass, just like the remains of this Nor-Easter. :(

Hope everybody else is having a better day . . . both weather-wise and personally. Keep things moving and shaking as best you can, gang . . . see you later. . . :carrot:

GainingWeightInLa
04-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Hey, everyone! Wow, Linda....sounds likeyou're having a rotten day already. Hope you're feeling better soon and that the nasty weather is gone even sooner!

Jana, all I can say is I'M SO ENVIOUS!!! lol I'm happier for you than I am envious! :)

Tina, great to see you girl!!

Well, I have not-so-good news to report. Although it was expected news, so that makes it not quite as disappointing. Weigh in was last night. I was up 1.4 lbs (the exact amount I had lost at my last weigh in). I had two things working "against" me. First, I've completed two weeks of working out now. They told me last night that that could be all of my gain. But I've also been sick and haven't been on track AT ALL. I didn't count the first point while I was sick. I pretty much ate whatever I thought might make me feel better....you can imagine......they told me that your body slows down when you're sick, too, so that could be another part of the gain. So, all things considered, I didn't think 1.4 was too bad. I was expecting between 2 and 3 lbs, honestly. I'm getting closer to well everyday, so I'm more on track now. Today's my first real day "back on the wagon."

Well, hope everyone has an awesome on track day! I'd better get some work done.....

Diana

Cheryl120
04-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Hi Ladies...Just a quick pop in for now. It's been a very busy and stressful week and I lasted 10 days with the four year old. He has more problems than my husband and I can deal with, so he is in a new placement and I'm taking a much needed rest from froster care. At last weeks weigh in, I was up 1.2 pounds. Today I was down 3.2 pounds and I have changed my ticker to the correct weight. Been yo yo ing with these 10 pounds since January, so maybe I will finally get rid of them once and for all. Looking forward to going out to visit my family the first week of June for two weeks. I have a new grandson to spoil the dickens out of.:hug: :D

Be back later to check in with you all.

Cheryl :hug:

LadyLai
04-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Good morning girlies! Hope you're having a better day than I've had/having these past two. Due to the super melt last week and the fact that our sump pump decided not to work...I have another issue in the basement!! Did I say...AGAIN! So I'm busy cleaning up, soaking up and moving furniture around. Forgive me for not getting here yesterday, but I'm sure you understand!

Good news, my scales moved down 2lbs. yesterday...Bad news...they went up 1lb today. The only thing I can contribute it to is the fact I didn't get any exercise fitted in. Oh well..I will get it all back in line hopefully soon!

Linda, how are you holding out? We've certainly are having our share of wet. With the snow melting and the showers I don't think our ground can hold much more. We need some hot dry weather, pronto! Who doesn't deserve anymore than us, huh?!! LOL

Diana, hang in there girl. Sickness will always throw us for a loop. But it isn't that bad. You can grab hold of reigns and fix it easily. Don't let it discourage you. Just think you're working for your ONEderland day too!

Hi Cheryl, nice to see you. Now I see you have eliminated some stress in your life. It's good to take some time just for you and hubster. Hope clearing the air will allow you to focus more on yourself. You go girl!

Have a great day ladies! I know I sure will try...LOL!

RRVMMM
04-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Hey ladies, how is everyone?

Pretty good here other than some massive water retention. I have been drinking lots and lots of green tea and it is not helping. I had to use lotion to get my rings off this morning and then could not get them back on. I think it has allot to do with TOM being around the corner.

Well as usual I am swampped here at work and gotta get back at it. Check back soon.

GainingWeightInLa
04-19-2007, 03:10 PM
Hey everyone. Just a pop in....went to doctor today. Two weeks is way TOO long to have been sick, so decided to go. Glad I did. I didn't know I was still running fever!!! I have acute bronchitis and a secondary bacterial infection....no wonder I was still sick, huh?? Hopefully will be a lot better in 3 days. Guess it doesn't pay to be too busy to be sick, huh? I think I'll be doing a lot of resting this weekend. That's probably where I've been going wrong all this time.

Scales are up a little more this morning, I think...according to the DR. office, anyway. So don't know that for sure. Wouldn't surprise me, though. It's getting close to TOM, plus sick and not taking proper care of myself. Nothing would surprise me. I didi talk to DR about getting off the BP meds...he said not just yet, but it probably wouldn't be long. HURRAYYYYYYYY!! That's been one of my main goals. I know by the time I get to onederland I'll be able to get off of them...I just know it. 20 lbs....it sounds like so little....but it takes soooo long! lol :)
Well, I've stayed much longer than I'd anticipated. Much work to do....Hope everyone's doing good/better! Have a great rest of the day!

Diana

meowee
04-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Today is much the same as yesterday . . . both weather and me . . . but I do think it is brightening up a little . . . supposed to be sunny and 9C (48F) tomorrow. That would be a treat. I'm still retaining water, too. Up another 2 lbs this morning . . . Hope I soon feel better . . . hope I soon stop shoving comfort food into my mouth . . . hope I soon start moving in the great downward direction again. :^:

Keep it moving and shaking, Chickies . . . see you later . . . :carrot:

anajjana
04-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

Well the scales were down to 195 this morning but I've been crying non-stop for the last two days. I found out on Wednesday that DB has been seeing someone else, my heart is so broken right now I don't know what to do. I've had to move in with my dad. I don't even know where to go from here. I don't have the money to just run out and get another place, the earliest I can do that looks like July. I still can't believe this is happening. I've put so much into this relationship and now it's all gone.

It seems like when I started losing weight, I started losing people too, I lost my two best friends and now I've lost my boyfriend, what's next? I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it.

LadyLai
04-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Jana, losing weight doesn't change who you are inside. Don't let the relationships you've lost change your desire to be a healthier you. You deserve people who honestly care for you and are truthfully with you thru thick and thin, literally. And when it comes to a man...girl...if he isn't pawning all over you treating you like the queen you are, then he doesn't deserve you. You'll just keep on living life until you meet the man who does. You don't deserve to be here second guessing yourself because of someone elses childishness. Thank God for your dad girl, at least it's somewhere until you can get on with your life. July isn't that far away! Hang in there girl, and remember...it's HIS loss not yours.

meowee
04-20-2007, 12:39 PM
Hi gang . . .

We finally have some sun and some milder weather too . . . :cool: And most of the headache has gone away with the crummy weather and has taken half of my WWW along with it (hopefully the rest will be gone soon too.)

Oh JANA :hug: . . . this too will pass . . . obviously the relationships that have disappeared were never meant to be. Something better will be just around the next corner, girl.

Yes, TINA :hug: . . . those are wonderfully wise words.

Nothing too exciting in my plans for the day. Hope the rest of you are doing as much of the good stuff as you possibly can . . . see you later . . . :carrot:

anajjana
04-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Thank you ladies so much for the words of encouragement. I know it's going to take sometime, but I'm going to miss him sooooooooo much. It's hard to type this now and not cry. He was my everything, I loved him with all my heart, whenever I had a problem I went to him and now he's gone. And now him and his mother are making it seem as if if drove him away, as if I made him go to another woman. Yea, we had our differences, but who doesn't? That does not mean you should go see another woman, just as hard as things were getting for him they were also getting for me, but I didn't go to another man. I don't know, my life has turned completely around in just 48 hours and now I'm stuck. He has a new girlfriend, and the house and I have nothing but my tears and a broken heart.

GainingWeightInLa
04-20-2007, 02:59 PM
JANA, is the baby in the picture your child? If so, then you have sooo much more than tears and a broken heart. Even if the child isn't yours, how many other people look to you in some way? Nieces, nephews, brothers, sisters, etc. And your awesome Dad!! No man is worth the agony you're letting him put you though. I know, it's still fresh and new....just try not to hang on to it too long. You're too good for someone like this guy who obviously has no respect for you or your feelings. He'll just do the same thing to his new girlfriend! Some men are just like that.

Linda, glad your headache's better and the weather too! :) I'm sure we'll all be wishing for this cold weather in a few short months!

Well everyone, I reported yesterday that dr. hadn't taken me off my bp meds. Well, I didn't notice the Rx that he gave me, but when I went to take my new meds t his morning, the dosage is half what I was on before. It's a victory, no matter how small! :) :) :) Brightened my day a little this morning!

Well, I have much work to do! Have a great weekend everyone....I have a birthday party tomorrow....hot dogs, burgers, cake....the whole thing. Say a little prayer for me that God will help me keep my hands away from the food!!!

Diana

anajjana
04-20-2007, 05:13 PM
No Diana, that beautiful bundle of joy is my baby cousin, Maziah. Thank you so much for the wise words, all of you are giving me the strength to push on. It just really hurts right now. I know I'm young and I've got my whole life ahead of me but for right now at this moment, my life has fallen apart. I love all you ladies and I don't know where I'd be without you. (Probably, 33lbs heavier instead of 33lbs lighter) Could not have done it without you guys!!! Thank you all!!!

GainingWeightInLa
04-22-2007, 12:14 AM
Just popped in to say if you said that prayer for me, it worked!!! I had NOTHING to eat at the birthday party today!! That's right....I said nothing. It felt soooooo good! We left and went to Sonic (hadn't eaten allllll day when we got to party at two pm and left at three fifteen pm). I've had well under my allowed points today. YIPPEE!!

Gotta run for now. Have a great rest of your weekend everyone!

Diana

meowee
04-22-2007, 11:48 AM
Hi there . . . :hug:

Hope you are all having a great Sunday . . . it's shaping up to be another beautiful, sunny day in Atlantic Canada :cool: . . . not going to get really warm, but that will come along soon enough no doubt. In the meantime, I'm just :) to see the sun.

Hope things are feeling a little brighter in your world, Jana . . . :hug:

Congratulations on that great willpower, Diana . . . :hug: Wow wish you could bottle it and send some to me.

Nothing exciting on my agenda for today . . . a little shopping, a little visiting. Hopefully eating clean all day. Not been doing too well on that front for the past few days. Need to get back on track.

Anyway, have a good moving and shaking kind of adventure filled day, ladies . . . and I'll see you again really soon . . . :carrot:

Cheryl120
04-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Hi Ladies...Just a quick pop-in for now. Fighting a cold/fever and taking Nyquil PM, so I'm getting lots of rest since it knocks me out. Scales were down 3 pounds this morning, so very happy about that! Maybe things will start moving as I destress and take care of ME for a change. I decided not to drive out to Oregon by myself and booked myself on Amtrak. Besides saving money on gas, I will get to relax on my way out and back.:D

Jana...I'm so sorry to hear how heart broken you are, but this too will pass. There is someone wonderful out there for you, who will love you no matter what size you are. Don't settle for second best, you deserve the BEST.

Well gals,I can hardly keep my eyes open, so guess I'll go take a nap. have a great day.

Cheryl

Michelle
04-22-2007, 03:35 PM
JANA...I'm so sorry for what you're having to go through.:cry: I too had to go through that before and I thought I would never be able to get on with my life again because I was so depressed, but in time and with each new day, things will start to get better and easier. Just know that you are so much better off knowing now than to have it keep going on longer and you getting any deeper into the relationship.:hug:

CHERYL...I'm so sorry you have been so sick. My youger DD had such a terrible cold for over two weeks and is still trying to get over it.:( That's so great that you're coming out to Oregon! I hope the weather starts to get a little better as they say this week is supposed to clear up and start being warm and sunny again.:) I didn't even realize that you live in North Dakota. My brother in law and his wife just moved there the first week of this month, because they are being stationed there in the Air Force for four years. Congrats on being 3 pounds down!!!:hug:

Well I've been sticking with my calorie counting and exercising every day for three weeks now and I'm happy to say I'm down 10 pounds in the three weeks, 4 pounds for this past week. I had gained back 2 pounds so I lost those 2 plus 2 more. It's such hard work, but I am finding it getting a little easier with every day and my resistance to exercise is increasing. I'm finally able to do my WATP 2 mile all the way through.:p

GainingWeightInLa
04-23-2007, 02:06 AM
Hi, everyone. It's NOT been a good day. I'm soooooo angry I can feel the steam coming from my ears. We had a fish fry at my in-law's house. I ate while I was there, but that's all I ate today, so if I went over target, it was barely. That wasn't the bad part. Why, oh why did God have to give us in-laws?? Irritation and anger is what they do best. I've dealt with thirteen years of.....hmmmmm....hatred, jealously, and blantantly intentional obnoxiousness from my SIL. I just cannot do it anymore. I'm beginning to see the end of a relationship. Sad as that is, it's true. You can only try so hard with some people. Two Christmas' ago, I got her a REAL (trust me, it was NOT cheap) mother's ring for Christmas. We draw names in our family. I deliberately got her name because I wanted very much to do this for her (partially to try to mend some of the pasts of our relationship, mostly because I knew she'd love and cherish it). She was appreciative to my face, but she never let up with her talks behind my back...to this day! It's just too painful to continue the relationship....my hubby and I have talked and he backs me 100%. He feels the same way about her hubby, his brother.

It's been a sad and anger-filled day for me....it was supposed to be fun day.

Hey, Jana we can be sad together. We're both ending very close relationships. :(

Sorry for being such a drag. Comments are welcome! :) Have a great week, everyone.

Diana

anajjana
04-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Good Morning Ladies!!!!

I hope all is well in your worlds. Things have been pretty rough on my end, but I'm still here. I'm learning alot about the BOY that I used to call my MAN. Even though this enitre ordeal has torn my heart into pieces, it has opened my eyes. Everything happens for a reason, and even though we had our differences, I was willing to work through those differences. I DON'T need a BOY I need a man, I'm sad, I'm glad, I don't know what I am, but I know I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Luv you ladies lots!!!!!!

Oh yea, the scales were at 192 this morning, now that I'm back with Dad, I can afford a gym membership!!! I'm looking for one now.

meowee
04-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Hi gang . . . we are having another gorgeous day . . . we are actually above 25C (77F). Oh well, apparently we are going to fall back to about 15 (about 60) tomorros. guess old Ma Nature doesn't want to spoil us with too much too soon. ;)

Cheryl . . . so glad to hear you are slowing down a little and congratulations on that loss . . . I'm turning green; but I am happy for you. :hug:

Michelle . . . great work, kiddo . . . :hug: Even though I just had to add another shade green . . . sigh. :D

Diana . . . :hug: . . . you will be better off without the stress, girl . . . sounds like she is very, very jealous and insecure.

Jana . . . Definitely glad to hear your comments . . . :hug: You are mending already, kiddo. Just give it time.

Nothing too exciting around here (other than the weather). Hope you all keep things moving and shaking today, ladies . . . see you soon. . . :carrot:

anajjana
04-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Hey Diana, I'm sorry to hear about your SIL, but you know as they say everything happens for a reason, that's really all the advice I can offer right now, because I'm pretty lost myself.

We are all strong, beautiful woman and we will all make it!

Have a wonderful night!!

jtammy
04-23-2007, 10:39 PM
Hi guys,

Jana, :hug: Iím so sorry to hear of whatís happened. It sounds like you are picking up the pieces and moving on. Your weight loss is going great. (I hope youíre eating enough with all of the emotions youíve been experiencing.) You will be a thin beautiful lady and the old BF will regret the day he lost you.

Hi Linda, Nice weather your way. Weíve been getting it too. Nice sunny days. Have you been able to get back on track today? Your post from yesterday mentioned that you were having some trouble staying on track. Hereís to some :dust: for the both of us and anyone else needing it too.

Diana, As sad as it is to think about it, when someone like the SIL brings such pain into our lives, there eventually is a time when we have to decide whether to continue spending time around them. How stressful for you. Great news about your bp Rx, better health is what this is all about (okay that and cuter clothes).

Michelle, You are just dropping those pounds left and right! Great job on doing so well in just 3 weeks!

Cheryl, Congrats on the 3 lbs down and the determination to focus on yourself for a while. That sounds like a well deserved rest for you and DH.

Robbin Ė good to see you. Howís everything going for you lately?

Tina, I see the scale is moving in the right direction for you. Must be all of that work youíre having to do in the basement.

I started back on full force weight loss on the 18th. Over the weekend, I kept seeing 198/199 on the scales. I didnít call it on Saturday, because it was fluctuating between 199/200. On Sunday, it was a solid 199, so I officially counted yesterday as the day I reached 199. We went to my Momís for lunch yesterday, and I just ate what I wanted and didnít count calories. I weighed this morning and the scale said 204 (!!):yikes:. Geez, I was in onederland for a couple of hours at least. Oh well, Iím not changing the darn ticker unless Iím still here next weekend (and I know I WONíT be). Take care everyone!

ELEM-PGF
04-24-2007, 07:31 AM
WOW, sounds like there are some congrats to go out around here! Jana and Tammy making it to onederland! How fabulous! Exciting stuff!! I am jealous and proud for you all at the same time! Keep up the fantastic work ladies

Sorry no time for true personals today, i am way behind on paperwork and we had another death in our church. Our youth minister, 44 years old. Had what we think was a massive heart attack yesterday. It has just sent our world realing again, to say the least!!!! So my time this week is spent between the gotta dos for my kids and work and then spending time with the family and others as we work through another tragic loss.

I had planned on weighing in yesterday morning but with everything that went on never got to it. Maybe Friday morning we'll see. I gotta get my scale back from my friend before i can do anything though!

Congrats again to the onderlanders and the losers all around! Ya'll have a fabulous day and i will hopefully check back later on this week!

meowee
04-25-2007, 09:12 AM
Hi gang . . . :hug:

Oh wow TAMMY . . . I am so happy for you (and soooooo jealous). Wonderful, onederful . . . :D

Sorry for your troubles ERIN . . . this too will pass.

That is a very, very true comment JANA . . . we are all strong.

Sorry I was MIA . . . Yesterday turned into a really busy one; just chock full of appointments of various kinds. Got off to a rotten start with a really low blood glucose level, picked up with a great scale reading (more on that later), picked up even further with an earlier booking to get the cataract surgery on the second (right) eye - Monday, April 30; instead of May 9 - so that gives me more healing time before the 'biggie' (the hysterectomy) on June 7, ended with a craving for Habitant French Canadian Pea Soup for dinner ( I really should know better) which culminated this morning at my official WWI with the scale 5 pounds higher than it had been the morning before. :( Salty canned soup wins again. . . . :tantrum: :bomb: :tantrum: :bomb: :tantrum: The thing that really annoys me, of course is that I did it to myself and the surgery on Monday will, no doubt, bloat me up with even more WWW for a further couple of weeks. My poor ticker has been so stuck on the same place for so long already, that the poor old tortoise is beginning to wonder. Oh well . . . I know I will eventually get out of the 30's and into the 20's for real. Only the 'when' is in question. :p

Anyway, that is definitely enough of my whining. Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. See you soon . . . :carrot:

anajjana
04-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

Tammy, your right it has been very hard to eat right with all that has been going on but things are looking up.

Yes, I'm still crying my eyes out but only by myself, in my room, where no one can see or hear. My heart still hurts like h-e double l. I still think about him all the time and wonder why he has not at least picked up the phone to call me. I never want to go through this again. I never want to fall in love again. I know that sounds bad but this pain is not worth it! My heart is really hurting!

I do have some good news!!! I got out a little yesterday and was able to flirt back with some very cute men and I must say, I forgot how fun flirting can be!!!

The scales were up to 195 this morning but I know that was because I actually ate some food yesterday!! I refuse to change my ticker!! I will get those three pounds back off!!

Luv you ladies lots!! Have a wonderful day!!!

RRVMMM
04-25-2007, 02:07 PM
Hey ladies how is every one today?

I know I haven't been around much lately and I am really sorry for that. I have been swampped at work and swampped at home and aggrivated with the scales and aggrivated with my kids and the list goes on and on. I have been very very very very on target with my foods for 3 solid weeks now and did some major "exercising" yard work for 3 solid days Sat, Sun and Mon. and the scales have gone up. They are sitting at 225 today. I am just so...........I don't know..........AAAGGGGHHHH.

Ok sorry to vent.

Check back soon.

meowee
04-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Robbin . . . :hug: Not to get confused with the old 'saw' about losing fat and gaining muscle . . . but what will happen, for real, when you exercise muscles more, or differently, than usual is that they will take up and retain water for a couple of days . . . this is not usually as easy to see as the kind that is caused by too much sodium, because you don't always get the swollen ankles and fingers from the extra water in the muscle tissues . . . but it does add weight.

Jana . . . :hug: Hang in there kid. You scared your body by failing to feed it, so now it will hang on to everything you give it until it figures you are back to fueling it properly. One or two missed meals will not trigger the starvation response, but a week of poor eating will.

Cheryl120
04-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Hi ladies...Just a quick pop in for tonight. Had my eye surgery yesterday and it ended up being more than the doctor thought it would be. Took 30 minutes instead of 10 and I have 5 stitches instead of 2. I hope the cyst and wart never come back, because it wasn't pleasent. Very tender and itches like crazy, but I'm being good and not touching it for now.:D

Up a pound at my weigh-in today, but had chinese for dinner lastnight and I didn't get my water in yesterday. New week and I'll do better. :carrot:

Cheryl

jelynn
04-26-2007, 05:55 PM
I'm here, I'm here :wave:...My trip was great...11 days is a long time to be traveling, but we had a great time. Then i was sick all last week. This week I have no excuse for not checking in earlier except that I SUCK. :p
My weight is back up...I do a pretty good job losing when I'm in the right mindset and heaven knows I can gain, lol. Maintaining is so hard for me though! Not good! Something to work on for sure.
I'm ready and back on track though. Have a goal for the end of June when the kids are out of school and we go visit my sister. I know I just need to start running again.

Tammy, I'm soooo happy for you!! Good for you! So inspirational you are :)

Jana- I'm sorry for the man trouble. I think these things have to happen to make us stronger (((hugs))). There is someone out there for you- hang in there.

Erin- how sad. :( On another board I'm one a girl just lost her 37 yo husband unexpectedly. Really makes you realize how short life is.

Hope everyone else is doing good. We are getting into a busy season with soccer and other activities for the kids. But I'll have time in the mornings to check in. I know I need the support and it's time for me to get back in the game...

RRVMMM
04-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Linda I know you are right about the water weight from sore muscles and exercise, its just so depressing to know you are "working" hard and see those scales go up. Oh well they came down another pound today to 224. I also have another full weekend of yard work planned and only 1 bad meal on the menu so hopefully I will start seeing better results.

meowee
04-26-2007, 06:18 PM
Just flying past and quickly saying HI EVERYBODY . . . :hug: Got tangled up with some spring cleaning and furniture rearranging this morning and you know how that can some times expand to fill the day . . . I'm exhausted.

In the middle of it all I got a call from the office asking for some help with some more retirement packages and, of course, they have to be done for tomorrow. Can't face those files right now so I guess that is my morning taken tomorrow and then I have errands to do because of the surgery on Monday. So I probably won't be around much tomorrow either.

Have a great moving and shaking evening, gang . . . I hope to see you sometime tomorrow . . . :carrot:

jtammy
04-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Wow, itís quiet in here this weekend. I hope everyone is out enjoying the beautiful weather.

Thanks everyone for the congratulations. I am so pleased to be at the point Iím at. Iím back down to 198 today, so the off meal last weekend didnít do any permanent damage. Now I want to be able to weigh any time, day or night and not see 2XX. Iím still so close to 200 that if I weigh at night, I still weigh over 200. Thatís my next little goal.

Weíre working in the yard today. It sorely needs attention. Weíre taking a little break inside for lunch right now.

Erin, So sorry to hear of the death in your church. How is everything else going for you?

Linda, I hope the cataract surgery goes quickly and easily for you Monday. You recovered from the first one quickly and Iím hoping the second one goes as well. Too bad about the stinking soup messing up your weigh-in. Of course it is only water, and you will get back to the loss soon. You are soooo close to the 20ís. Itís going to happen, I wish we could help speed it along.

Jana, You take care of yourself right now sweetie. Iím glad to hear that you got out some earlier this week. Things will continue to look up, just keep going (and keep flirting a bit, itís good for the ego).

Robbin, Wow. I wish I could offer some good advice with your plateau. It just stinks to go through that. Actually I am going to offer a little advice (for what itís worth). Are you still eating around 1400 per day? If so, I wonder if you shouldnít start kicking it up a little bit at a time. Maybe go up to 1500 calories for a week, then 1600 for another week. Last month, I kicked my calories up to 1800 Ė 2000 to try to maintain and I still lost, more that month that the month before. I think it did my body good to get more calories for those 4 weeks. Of course, I could be dreaming that, but thatís how it felt.

Hi Cheryl, glad you popped in.

Hi Emily, itís good to see you. Thanks by the way! Good to hear that you had a nice trip. So soccer season is starting for you. My kids are older and arenít doing any sports right now, but that sure keeps you busy.

Have a great week everyone!

meowee
04-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Hi Gang . . . :hug:

Thanks TAMMY . . . :hug: . . . I know it's only water, but since I expect to pick up some more of that on Monday, I'm definitely keeping the scale under the sink until May 23 (the day I go for pre-op info gathering at the hospital in connection with the hysterectomy, since it is a Wednesday, thought it would fit into the overall picture rather well.;) ) BTW, I'm so happy for you being (and staying) in onderland. Also think the advice you gave Robbin is bang on . . . sometimes it works out well to keep the old body a little off balance.

Hey . . . check below to see what I did on my little shopping spree yesterday . . . :o . . . Found a breeder of Bengal cats right here in my own little town. So, of course, I fell in love, and bought all three that were left in the current litter . . . never in all my life thought I would pay this kind of money for a cat . . . :dizzy: . . . oh well. Called them Frick and Frack (two females) and Muttley (male). Of course they do have great long registration names, too -- but I don't care -- and I don't think they do either. In the pictures below you can see my current problem . . . I really don't know who is who . . . :D If you see them all at the same time -- Frick is a bit more brown than the other two -- and then, if you have a 'rear view :o , you can tell Frack and Mutt apart. I'm sure differences will show up in time. At least I hope so.

So now I've got six cats -- guess I've earned the name 'Crazy Old Cat Lady'. Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking weekend . . . see you soon, gang . . . :carrot:

LadyLai
04-29-2007, 12:35 AM
Hey ladies...sorry for being MIA for the past while. I've been busy working on my house...recouperating and then starting at it again. The nice weather is helping me to get in the mood to fully organize the scary parts of my house. Good news I am 1-1/2lbs away from ticker! Thank God!! It feels good to have some sort of control back.

Hope you've all been good! Check back soon!
~Tina

ELEM-PGF
04-29-2007, 09:04 AM
Howdy ladies!!!

I am so sorry i have to make this a quick one today. Please know I am thinking of ya'll often and pray that the right choices are coming easily to you!!!

Well getting rid of the scale really worked! I am down to 231 and am absolutely beside myself!!! I am really hoping to get into the 220's before i leave for the beach thursday so we'll see! Went shopping friday night and bought a bathing suit that did not have a little skirty thing on it and i might even wear it in public!!!!! I actually thought "now that looks pretty good" when i put it on. I really don't like how my legs look and i'm no swim suit model for sure but it's a long way from where i was last year!!!! I also bought an 18/10 dress, Little sexy dress, I might add for a date night i had with hubby last night. I felt really weird in it like everyon was looking at me saying "look at the fat girl in the little dress but my husband assured me that is not what they were saying. I am going to believe him not what i was thinking!!!

Gotta run supposed to be getting ready for church! I pray ya'll have a blessed day and stay safe and healthy!!!

meowee
04-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Hi everybody . . . :hug:

Just a little rapid flight through for me. Still trying to get some last minute stuff done and these new kittens are keeping me hopping. I probably won't be on-line tomorrow because of the eye surgery, but hope to be back by Tuesday and Wednesday.

In the meantime, keep things moving and shaking and I'll see you all real soon . . . :carrot:

Robsia
04-29-2007, 06:53 PM
*peers in*

Hi guys - how are you all.

I am still here and still pregnant. I went a bit mad these last few weeks and indulged myself a bit too much. I've felt quite nauseous and eating is the only thing that seems to help but I made some wrong food choices and put on more than I wanted to.

But - I am back on track. I am tracking my food again on Nutridiary and keeping below 2000 cals, which is maintenance.

Currently I am watching a documentary about a fat bloke part of which was filmed in our local Sandcastle WaterWorld when I was there a few months ago. They filmed me and my daughter but I don't know if it will be shown or not. I've recorded it on my dvd recorder so I can keep it if we are in it. It was before I was pregnant so I should look quite slim.

Check out my belly pics in my sig - you should see a difference in the last few weeks. And it's not ALL flab!!

Robsia
04-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Well, my daughter was on screen for a split second literally - not worth keeping unfortunately. But I'll show her in the morning.

anajjana
04-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

I hope all is well with you all. I've been trying to maintain. Eating is not a problem, for the first time in a long time, food is not the number on thing on my mind. I've been trying to do other things to keep my ex off my mind. Sometimes it works sometimes it does not. I didn't sleep well last night. I'm only getting in about one meal a day and it's usually a salad or a sandwich from Subway. My app. has decreased A LOT!!!

The scales were at 194 this morning, so I'm changing my ticker, but I did buy a pair of size 13 pants the other day that were a little to big but the size 11 was to small and I'm back in a size medium tank top. I also bought a size large dress but needed a size medium(which they didn't have), it was on sale for half off, it was toooooo cute to pass up, so I'm going to have my grandmother alter it because it is wayyyyy to big!!! I am now starting to enjoy shopping again!!!! Now I'm spending to much money!!!

Have a great day!!!

RRVMMM
04-30-2007, 04:09 PM
Hey ladies, how is everyone's monday going?

Tammy thanks for the advice, actually I have been keeping anywhere from 1200 to 1400 maybe I need more...................

Linda the kitties are so cute

Erin you will be in those 20's before you know it girl, congrats.

Robsia bet your daughter will be excited that she got on tv

JusJ glad to hear those scales are moving down for you, keep your chin up things will get better.

Well the scales were good on saturday, comming down to 221, I had a horid day of sodium yesterday and they jumped up to 227 but I am not counting that number, I know I did not gain 6 pounds in 1 day and I did not eat enough calories to even gain 1 with all the outdoor work I did. And I have spent so much time in the potty today I will probably weigh less when I get home than when I got up today. So all in all I am ok with the scales right now. I have been getting in tons of yard work and my eating has been pretty darn on track so hopefully I will see those teens soon. Keep fingers crossed for me.

Well time to get the rear in gear, check back soon.

GainingWeightInLa
05-01-2007, 08:47 AM
Hey ladies. Wow, everyone's doing soooo well....except me, of course. Isn't that how it always goes? hehe I haven't been to Curves in over a week. Life is getting in the way....how do we let life get in the way of our health? It happens, I guess. I didn't go yesterday because I threw my back out somehow. I think loading my daughter into her carseat. I know the pain, on a 1-10 scale (10 being unbearable) is about a 4 when I sit completely still and about a 7-8 when I am up moving around. There was no way I could workout yesterday....plus I've been having stomach cramps and bathroom trips to go along with it. I guess that's good in a way. My eating is plummeting out of control here lately. I do'nt know what's wrong with me. I guess just too much going on. It doesn't help that hubby is at goal now (or within five lbs) and is beginning maintenance....I've got to find strength and quick. Guess I've used him as my crutch or strength up til now. I'll have to find it within myself now.

I'm glad everyone else is doing good. I'll be a loser with you all and soon! Just watch!

Diana

anajjana
05-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

The scales were at 193 this morning and that is as Tony the Tiger would say, GREEEEEEEAAAAT!!!!!!!

A friend and I started back walking this week and I've only got 1 month and six days left until we leave for the cruise. I've still got 18 more pounds to go and I've got to get my butt into gear. Like I've said before food is not the problem now I need to get off my butt!

I'm starting to get a lot more compliments on my weight loss (even from my students!!!!) My ego is slowly rising. I could not have done it without you ladies, thank you for all your support. Time for me to kick my own butt and get these last 18 lbs off and shock everyone in my family on the cruise!!

Have a great Tuesday!!!

meowee
05-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Good Morning, Ladies . . . :hug:

The sun is shining this morning although the temp is certainly not May-like. Supposed to turn to rain again this afternoon, though . . . but definitely a great improvement over yesterday's SNOW :mad:

Sorry I never made it in to say Hello yesterday. Monday's surgery was successful but not quite as easy as the first eye back in March. This one needed a stitch in it and consequently it is a bit more tender than I'd like (plus, of course, the mere thought of a stitch in my eyeball makes the stomach churn). :( At least I had a good night's sleep last night and the eye is feeling a little bit less painful this monring, but I certainly know it is still there.

Kittens (and the rest of the cattage) are doing fine . . . although I feel like I've got 3 babies in the house and I always seem to be wiping little cat bottoms (they are not exactly the neatest in the litter yet). Doing the 'kitten shuffle' has become the standard way of walking for everybody who comes into my house to avoid stepping on one. I know they will be out of kitten-hood in the ;) of an eye so I'd better enjoy it while I can.

Been pondering long and hard about the upcoming hysterectomy and think I may delay it until the Fall . . . I've just about had enough for now what with the three minor surgeries so far this year and I really need a break. Haven't had any 'problems' since the one that started everything last September/October so it should be a safe little delay -- yeah, I know, famous last words. :o Haven't called the GYN yet. Going to wait until next week to see if I feel any differently about it by then.

Hey . . . where is our 'fearless leader, Tina'? . . . we are still working on an April thread. If we don't hear from her today, I'll start a new one in the morning.

In the meantime, girls . . . keep everything moving and shaking. See you soon . . . :carrot:

LadyLai
05-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Hey Linda, you may go ahead and start a new thread. I haven't been very reliable here lately. Life is getting busy. My friend just moved into our neighborhood, so Alyssa has made many plans for us! It's nice to come out hibernation and enjoy the outdoor life. I've become so active with her. Which is great because I can pack nothing but healthy snacks, which gives us no choice but to eat healthy. And not being home keeps my mind off of food and the active isn't so bad either. Oh my playdates have never been so much fun! hehehe

Anyways, ladies keep up the great work! Here's to a successful active weight shifting summer!!

GainingWeightInLa
05-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Hi ladies. Anyone watch Oprah today?? Wow, she had a 500+ lb woman on there who'd had stomach stapling surgery. I think she's gotten down to around 200 lbs. AMAZING! She was so heavy that her hormones were outta whack and she had to shave her face. She's beautiful without the weight! I wonder if she knows about our thread!! LOL

Still have roaring back pain today. I think Curves will have to hold off til next week. :( I really want to go. My back has to eventually get better....right??

Well, hope everyone's having a great day. Good to see you Tina....we sure miss you! Tell your friend she could share you with us, if she doesn't mind! :grin:

Talk to everyone later!!

Diana

meowee
05-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Okay, gang . . . :hug:

You can just hop on over to our new little home for the month of MAY . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1678837#post1678837 . . .

See you really soon . . . Keep things moving and shaking, everybody . . . :carrot: