Support Groups - Weighty Issues #51: Let's Get Back to SEXY!!!

melekalikimaka
04-01-2007, 11:43 PM
:welcome: to the April 2007 Weighty Issues Thread. Spring is here and more sunny days are ahead. We should be focusing on exercising, eating right and making the most of our sexy selves. Before you know it, summer will be upon us. Do we want to feel great and show it off? Or will we be kicking ourselves for not taking control earlier so we can enjoy the lazy days without any cares in the world? Fake it til you make it, I say. We can do this together and bring sexy back!

Hey newbies out there, need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out from the East Coast :coolsnow: to the West Coast :shocksn: and the sunny Pacific :sunny: :rain: .

We support :cheer2: :congrat: :cheer2: each other through the highs :high: and lows :( of every day life--it's not just about weight loss :goodscale , it's about LIFE :dunno: . If you have something to say :gossip: or need a shoulder to cry on :cry: , come on in, :comp:
grab a chair and stay awhile :cofdate: . You'll be glad you did.

melekalikimaka
04-02-2007, 03:45 AM
Whew, what a tiring weekend. We took Michael and his cousin to a city carnival tonight. I am getting so old that I can't ride those rides that make you dizzy anymore. 3 rides and I was done :faint: We got to watch a frisbee dog show, w/3 Australian shepherds and that was fun. I couldn't believe how hyped up those dogs were when performing, catching frisbees and jumping so high in the air. Makes me want to go out in the yard and toss the frisbee around w/my dogs. I also went shopping and bought more shoes that I didn't need, but will wear anyway :lol:

Eating wasn't the best this weekend but tomorrow is a new day and a new week. Hope to see more of you ladies tomorrow. :wave:

Kempyd
04-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Good morning. I am up early today. I had to bring Joe to the bus stop this morning so I stayed awake once I got home and got some things done. I am on my way out the door to get some plants. (go figure) Our boil this weekend was fun. So much fun in fact Joe and I slept until 2 yesterday. :D Maybe that is why I am up so early today.

Noelle funny about Rick. I never thought about a suitcase. I will have to remember that one. My friend still have not told me about her hubby. I guess she wants me to think they ahve a great marriage and notihgn is ever wrong. HA! I have been around them long enough to know the truth. Plus, my hubby has done his fair share or piss-me-off things. Maybe one day she will come clean.

Cal that is cool what you guys are doing. I bet that is going to be fun. I know you will do great.

Ok, I need to head out before all of the stay at home moms get to the stores and I ahve to listen to their bad kids scream. Last week every store I went into had at least 1 if not more kids that where just TERRIBLE. I ahve no idea what is going on but my mom would ahve never stood for that. Listen to me, I sound like I have kids of my own and can says these types of things.

Karen31
04-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Hello----
I think that I'm really getting back into this exercise now!! I took my measurements back on February 13 but forgot to take them in March so I took them yesterday-- I've lost 1" on top, 1" on my waist and 2" on my hips!! :dance: I really meant to do measurements monthly but will try to remember next month.

I started using a pedometer yesterday to just see how many steps I took during the day-- yesterday it was 18,777 and today was 20,344... That is with the WATP's Video. Today was more because I walked back and forth doing laundry!!! :yay:

I sure hope everyone is doing good this evening and I'll check back later. Karen

melekalikimaka
04-02-2007, 08:25 PM
OMG I just came back from watching Blades of Glory. It was so funny. I went by myself so felt a little self-conscious about laughing out loud like I wanted to, but it was worth it.

Karen, those are great numbers on the inches lost and awesome totals for your pedometer! You rock :strong:

Kempy, what kind of plants did ya get? Did you want to run over any screaming kids at the store? :lol:

Cal, good luck on your challenge, I know you'll do great.

How are you doing today Virgo?

I've got to run and pick up the boy from school. Chat w/y'all tomorrow.

Kempyd
04-03-2007, 09:18 AM
Good morning. All of the kids were still nto out yesterday so I was safe. But, I woke up this morning to cloudy skies and that just does not motivate me to plant things. I know I need to get them in the ground though so they don't dry out. I got a few things to put in some plants I had Joe hang for me on the fence.

It is official, I am working part time now. I went to the office yesterday and one lady wants me for 15 hours and the other for 10 so that should keep me busy and give me some extra money for plants. :D I am starting today but I have crazy times to go in so I don't ahve t o be there until 11. I could probably vacuum but who wants to do that firts thing in the morning?

Karen I bought a pedometer and I can't get the thing to work right. I barely move and it shows I walked 10 steps. I wonder if I should just put it on anyway to see what the total for the day is.

Virgo I hope you pop on this link. I read what you posted on the thread for last month. I will write soemthing there for you to see. i know you are new to us here so i will drag you on over here with us. That was some post you wrote. Thanks for sharing it with us. Don't think that you bore us, we are all here to help each other get through everything. You know, Weighty Issues :D

FatToFitVirgo
04-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Dear Kempyd & Karen31: Girls, am I glad you clued me in! Now I'm going to ask, just because I'm still kinda new & "ig'nant": Huccome you change threads every month? What was wrong with the old one? Yeah, it gets long, but after all, you can just click on the last page number to get to the newest posts, so why? Just curious!

Mele, why'd you become "grumpy girl"? You went all "arty" on me--and here I was, lookin' for your hula, girl! I'm hoping to see "Blades of Glory", too--Will Farrell can keep the straightest face on, even in the goofiest circumstances!

Calnative, good luck on your "Biggest Loser" challenge: as you put it, you'll be a winner, no matter what!

Okay--glad I found you all! Till next time!
Virgo

melekalikimaka
04-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Hey ladies, it was kind of chilly this morning when I got up but it turned out nice and sunny. Just stuck here at work though...

Virgo, sorry, I usually put a link to the "new" thread on the old one but I guess I missed doing that this time. I promise I wasn't trying to ditch you or anything :D. We usually start a new thread every month because the shorter the thread, the easier it is on the 3FC server, plus the page will load faster on your computer too. The old threads get closed eventually by the moderators and then archived I guess. I look at it this way too, a new month can serve as a new beginning of our efforts for weight loss. I need that kick in the pants for sure. As for my avatar, I've been feeling grumpy for a while now and decided to use the mascot from my favorite sushi joint out here, Genki Sushi. Every time I walk in their doors and see that face, I smile :lol: It reminds me of me :lol: The hula girl was used just on a whim. I change my avatar when the mood strikes. And don't worry about those long rambling posts...that's what we're here for, to listen and see what makes others tick.

Kempy, congrats on the job! Your pedometer probably needs to be calibrated according to your step length. The paperwork it came with should have the instructions. It's funny you mention it though, because I remember having my pedo in my purse for a week and according to it, I walked a whole bunch of miles :lol:

Hi to Karen, Cal, cw and everyone. Gotta run, mails here.

Karen31
04-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Hello Ladies,
Well, I was feeling pretty good about everything this morning so I went and got my hair cut SHORT!!!! :) I really like it short and it was already down past my shoulders again so it was time for a change. It just seems so much easier to take care of.

It has been really pretty nice weather here for us--- in the 60's. But it is supposed to be a coold down for the end of the week. At least they aren't calling for snow again on Easter!!!

Kempyd, my pedometer is a Sportline and I had to put all the settings in like your weight, and your stride length to have it measure the steps. It wasn't hard to do. I really don't know just how accurate they really are. But it is kind of fun to see what it registers at the end of the day. Some of the stores around here are offering prizes (through the health dept) for the Step Up program. It sounds like you are going to be pretty busy with the working part time now. If there was something close by I might like to do something to earn a few extra $$ !

Noelle, I think that movie has to be funny!!! I'm hoping that it comes to Woodland Park and I want to go. Everyone can use a good laugh!

Virgo, glad that you made it over.. Have you got some cooler weather headed your way too? I know Spring has to get here sooner or later. AND STAY!!!

Hello to everyone that I missed and I'll check back later to chat. Karen

Karen31
04-03-2007, 06:02 PM
HI :wave:
I just had to tell you (and almost forgot) my neighbor came by this morning and she said "WOW! Look at those baggy pants!" :) Made me feel so good!! Of course I am anxiously waiting to get down to the next size now!! OK --- Got to go and get ready to think about supper!! Karen

Kempyd
04-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Good morning guys!

Boy am I in a funk.:( I have no idea why either. My life is pretty great as I see it but for some reason I just don't feel right. I was telling Joe last night about it and I said I wondered if it is b/c I ahve not been to the gym in a few weeks. That could possibly be it but I am not able to go right now. I have an appointment with the chiroprator today to see if they can help me with my lower back pain. I have been having a problem with it since we moved here. I think it was from unpacking all of the boxes so fast. I had to get everything out of the boxes b/c the moving company was coming to pick it all up. I was in overdrive then to get it all done. I was bending over alot and I think that is what did it. Now, if I wash the dogs I am on the floor with my legs on the sofa trying to relieve the stress in my back. I just hope they are able to help me. AND, to top it off Joe is dropping weight like there is no tomorrow. :tantrum: :bomb: I know men lose at a diffrent pace but this is crazy. I have caught myself feeling sorry for myself b/c he is losing and I am not and what do I do? I go eat!!! CRAP! Sorry for the spilling but I know I can tell you guys anything.

Karen I tried to do that to my pedo. but I must have gone through it too fast. I wonder if I just bought one that was too cheap.

Noelle Joe and I are dying to see that movie. I laugh just looking at Will.

OK, I need to do a few things b4 I head to work.

Dips'n'twists
04-04-2007, 11:57 PM
PULEEEZZe forgive my absence. With eevrything going on I didn't even realize how long i've been away. Good thing your girlz are better at keeping this thread up than I am :o

Anyhow let me congratulate Karen for her dedication and drive. You are doing so well. Ya make me proud.:D

Noelle- You are not allowed to be grumpy Miss thing!:nono: you are the pep of this party. By the way...could ya send some of that sunshine my way. The weather in NYC is bananas:dizzy: I swear I have gone through all four seasons in the last week.

Kempy- I cannot tell you how much it frustrates me to see how quickly men drop weight :mad: sometimes i feel as though they have no damn excuse for being fat. NONE :snooty: But we have to accept it. Don't let it deter you.

Okay my ladies, it is midnight on the east coast and I have class in the morning. I started running again so i want to get on in early before class.

Virgo- Welcome. I've been with this crew for years and I love them like crazy. Hope you stay with us... you seem really cool

Karen31
04-05-2007, 12:04 AM
Hey Dips!! Good to hear from you!! We've all been wondering what happened to you. Anyway, it is late and I just thought that I would tell you a quick Hello before getting to bed.. Be sure and write more when you get a chance and let us know what's been happening with you. Take care, Karen

FatToFitVirgo
04-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Hey, ladies! Thanks for the welcome, Dips'n'twists!--right back atcha! And you're right about having all four seasons in the last week. That was not exaggeration, that was accurate reporting! Hope to see you around these parts more often!

Karen--Big CONGRATS!! on the "baggy pants"!! YAAYYY!!!

Kempy--sorry to hear about your funk. Did you mention it to your chiropractor? Sometimes just mentioning it to a professional whose job it is to work on your physical well-being can spur them to remember some physical thing you can do that might help. My recommendation is to put on some of your favorite "good mood" music. Something that moves you spiritually can help a lot. Even something that makes you cry can help, if it gets you in touch with the part of you that hopes. If you can find it on the net, a piece of music I strongly recommend is Duke Ellington's "Come Sunday", as sung by Mahalia Jackson. It's a beautiful piece, no matter how it's done, but get the one sung by Mahalia Jackson. It always makes me cry--but I always feel more hopeful, too. (Whenever one is crying anyway, might as well find something to move it along to a more positive position, is my way of thinking!) Here's some of the words:
"I believe the sun and moon will shine up in the sky,
When the day is gray, I know it's clouds passing by..."

Another good "uplifter" is a lot more recent. It's from the soundtrack to the animated feature Cars: "Behind the Clouds", by Brad Paisley. It's my favorite song from the soundtrack. Check both of these out, and I know you will be feeling better. Good luck! You know we're all behind you!

Mele, do send better weather to those of us on the continent! This jumping back into winter is for the birds! Not to mention it's bad for our finally-budding shrubs. Our hydrangea took a late-freeze hit like this last year, & it killed half of it off.

Okay, ladies--let's eat better, exercise well, and keep good thoughts going for one another and all the good people in our lives. Later!
Virgo

Karen31
04-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Good Afternoon everyone!
Today has been a pretty busy day for me. I got my 6 miles in this morning with the WATPs and then 200 crunches on the ab lounge. :carrot: Then I decided it was time that Ginger and Sissy get baths! :) So the next 3 hours I spent giving them baths and brushing them. :dizzy: They weren't very happy about it and of course they wanted to go out in the yard and roll as soon as they were done! :dizzy: But they look better and it was definitley time for it. Had to wait for a fairly warm day.

My son is working in Aspen this month and had to drive a truck and trailer with about 5,000 pounds of equipment on it there this morning. He called on his way and said he was driving in a "white out" and all the cars that were coming from the direction he was going were covered in snow!! :( He is doing some asphalt work up there for an airport. He called a little while ago and said he made it fine but was glad the trip was over for today! He will be coming back tomorrow to Colorado Springs for the Easter weekend to spend with his family. I guess the kids were so sad last night that he wouldn't be home from work tonight.:( This is frist time that he has to spend time like this away from his family.

Well, guess I'd better get in and get a little more done before it's time to think about dinner. Tomorrow is weigh in day for me so everybody keep your fingers crossed :crossed: I really hope to see a loss since there wasn't one last week.:(

Take care and I'll catch you later. Karen

melekalikimaka
04-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Blahhhh, I hate emotional eating! I was stressing out about some issues at work and got into it w/Rick yesterday--BTW, working w/your spouse SUCKS big time! I need a new job. Then I got into the Easter candy while filling some plastic eggs for Michael's class. You know those little (smaller than bitesize?) mini-chocolate candies like Twix, Milky Way and Snickers? Well, I ate a whole big bunch of them until I felt like i was going to be sick, I was shocked when I saw the wrappers. Yuck, what a disgusting binge. Now I am kicking myself because I have to WI tomorrow at WW. I don't care though, I am still going to the meeting because if I don't, that will just put me in the "I can goof-off til next week" mode. I am so sick of this. It doesn't help that it's totally PMS time too. I am feeling cr@ppy but so far all I've had to eat today was a cup of coffee and a grilled chicken caesar salad from Wendy's. I better get my head out of my @ss and think positive thoughts. end rant. Oh yeah, I was so emotional that when I went to the school liturgy and stations of the cross, I was getting so teary eyed that I almost had to leave the church. I think I've got to just let it all out. :cry:

Karen, I'm glad your son made it to his destination safely. I can't imagine having to be responsible for all that equipment and to have to drive through weather conditions like that. The kids will be happy to have him back. I'm wishing you good vibes for a good WI tomorrow :crossed:

Virgo, thanks for the music recommendations, I could use some cheering up. I love Mahalia Jackson, talk about soul! I will send sun rays to you guys in the cold parts of the country :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: We've been getting into the low 60's at night so that's cold for us. Today didn't even crack 80 during the day, it's a little cool for us :lol:

Dips my girl, I've been wondering where you've been. I'm guessing you're all done w/spring break? So did you go out and party? I'm sure you did. It's back to the books eh? Did I tell you what my crazy 18 y.o. niece did? She got back from basic training, then decided she wanted to go full time. She is now in Ft. Leonardwood awaiting transfer to somewhere up in Alaska. She's nuts I tell you, but I'm proud of her for just reaching out for what she wants and getting it. I sure hope she doesn't get shipped off to combat too soon. We're all praying for her safety and for her maturity to catch up to tame her impulsiveness. Anywho, glad to hear from you.

Kempy, how was work today? Were you able to get an adjustment from the chiropractor? Hope you're feeling better and coming out of your funk... we can't have too many of us feeling funky :lol: Tell Joe to cut it out, if he loses anymore too fast he'll be so skinny you'll be able to kick his butt :lol:

Cal, any plans for Easter? Egg decorating or egg hunts w/Ashley? Enjoy!

Hi to cw and everyone. Hope you all have a better evening than I'm having. Chat more tomorrow.

Karen31
04-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Hello There,
Gosh! I don't know what is going on with "men" right now!! Is it global warming??? Are the moon and stars our of whack?? Mine has been just a "grumpy old man" ever since he got home tonight. :mad: So much so that I went and checked our marriage license to see if there was an expiration date!!!! :rofl: :lol: Must be something in the air! :(

Oh well, I just thought I would pop in for a minute and see what was going on. Not much here (for sure!!!!) I'm hoping for a great weigh in tomorrow. I'll be back to let you all know.

Take care, Karen

melekalikimaka
04-05-2007, 11:17 PM
:rofl: Karen, that's a CLASSIC about the expiration date on your marriage license. I think mine's definitely gone sour :lol:

calnative
04-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Karen: You made me actually laugh out loud for the first time in quite a while. Thank you.

Noelle: The city where I live is having an 'Eggstravaganza' on Saturday. I'll probably take Ashley out to that. It's like a carnival over at the stadium and always a lot of fun. Hmmm....come to think of it, I should invite my sis and her heathens...uh...er kiddos.

Dips: So good to see you again. We have missed you here. Hope school is going well. We have 9 weeks from yesterday until our last day....10 weeks from today until we leave on our cruise.

Kempy: Hope you are feeling better. I sure know what you mean about men. Mine weighs 147 and wonders if he's fat. I finally got to where I ignore him.

Have a great night everyone.

Cal

Karen31
04-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Good Morning!
Despite the fact that "Grumpy" woke up still grumpy this morning--- I'm happy!! I lost another 2 pounds this week!!! :dance:

It's a cloudy murky day here today.. I just looked and our temp. is 30 degrees. But I've decided to not even let the "yucky" day outside spoil the day for me! :carrot:

Noelle, I hope your "cold" weather warms up!! :lol: I'll be happy when we don't get below 40 at night again!

Noelle and Cal-- Glad that you guys got a laugh out of the "expiration date" Sometimes I think there should be so you can really think about if you want to "renew" it or not!! :lol: This coming from me who married him twice!!! What was I thinking???:shrug: :lol:

Hello to everyone and I hope to see you on here to chat.

I hope everyone has a good day and I'll check back later. Karen

melekalikimaka
04-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Great job Karen!!! :dance: :high: I swear you are just melting away. Look at those numbers! Awesome! Is there a reason why your grumpy Tim is grumpy? :lol: I'm glad you can keep your humor about it.

Well, I thought I would be released from therapy today....but it turns out I have one more week :mad:. They increased my weights again and gave me a whole new circuit of exercises--oh joy! :rolleyes: But recently I have been able to get out of bed and on my feet without pain so that is a big improvement. Rick is home from work early today since he's not feeling too good. I might take the boy to a movie this afternoon, don't know just yet. We are planning on coloring eggs tomorrow evening, and I got two coloring kits--one with SpongeBob and the other with Hello Kitty. They are those plastic shrink wrap type of kits that are really cute. Of course I will do the old fashion color dye w/vinegar and then do more plastic eggs in yard for an egg hunt on Sunday.

Cal, I can't believe only 9 more weeks of school. Why is it that when we get older the days go by faster? Wasn't it just Christmas? At least your cruise will be coming up fast too.

I am trying to plan my parents' 50th wedding anniversary party for next year with two of my sisters. I am trying to keep another sister out of the picture because she is a big bossy grouch and we don't need the grief. :lol: Anyway, gotta go and meet with the office lady who manages the hall we want to use. Chat more later. Have a good evening. Oh yeah, I didn't make it in to WW today because the therapy office was only open half day and the times conflicted. But I PROMISE I will WI tomorrow morning. post results later.

FatToFitVirgo
04-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Ladies!! I got my weight-tracker up & running! Would you believe it's the first time I ever "cut & pasted"? I'm so proud! That's me on the stationary bike, trying to make sure I keep my heart healthy--and make my interim goal weight by my 6-23 HS reunion! Have a blessed holiday, one and all!

Dips'n'twists
04-07-2007, 11:42 AM
what's poppin' babes...

Noelle- My dear sweet Noelle, I think we all have been on a bit of an emotional roller coaster this season. What happened happened, don't beat yourself up over it. and good for you on resolving to got to your meeting despite your candy trip:hug: BTW spring break wasn't the party week you may think. i had to work. i'm holding off vacation until after school lets out.
Have fun with the egg painting. you do the coolest things with your son. You're such a good mommy :D And i think your neice is going to be fine. there is a lot worse she could be doing and she's doing something constructive.

Karen- You are well on your way! I am so proud of you. Very funny about the marriage license. who knew men could be as moody as us:dizzy: You reminded me that i should make the appointment to have Niko groomed. he is looking like wild child these days.

Cal- Hey girl!! I have like 7 weeks before school is out for summer. i can't wait. i really wish i didn't have to do work and school at the same time. it can be exhausting!:faint:

Virgo- You are a funny girl. And i love your positive attitude! Way to go on the cut and paste :lol:

Okay ladies, in my effort to get back to sexy i have kept with my salsa lessons until i felt i could mambo with the best of them, well, i went to my fist salsa social last night and was thrust right in the middle of "the best of them" and it knocked me right off my self-made pedistal. i did well but I am still a beginner and I have quite a few lessons to go before I can really toot my own horn. in the meantime, i'm going to continue my lessons until I get there. i'm going to miami, baby! i gotta move like i got it going on!!!

I will say this though, i'm the flyest beginner you've ever seen!

Karen31
04-07-2007, 06:21 PM
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!! :easter2:

I hope everyone is having a good weekend and am looking forward to hearing how everyone did!!

I told Tim almost a month ago that I was giving him a heads up and that I wasn't going to cook on Easter this year!! So that gave him about a month to decide what to do or where to go. He still hasn't said anything about if we are going out to eat or not so he may be having a peanut butter and jelly sandwich tomorrow!!! :rofl: And I'm not going to fix that either!!! :lol: He just isn't much of a person to want to go out and eat and I like to once in awhile so I just made up my mind and this time I'm sticking to it!!

Dips, I'd love to learn to salsa dance!!! That sounds like so much fun but I'll bet it is a lot of work too!! I enjoy watching Dancing with the stars and they sure go through a lot!! The only thing they have close to us is a jazzercise class and that is still about 30 miles away!! I KNOW!! I could walk it and then I wouldn't need the exercise after that!!

Virgo, good to hear from you. Glad you got the "tickers" figured out.. They are a lot of fun to watch.

Cal, I'll bet you are getting anxious for the cruise!! I know I would love to do that. We keep talking about it but who knows----- maybe one of these days.

Kempyd, I hope you are feeling better. Sometimes the little things pike up and then all of a sudden you just don't feel good and can't really figure out one thing in particular that causes it. I know I get like that once in awhile too. I hate the feeling though. But things will get better and then you will wonder why you felt so bad in the first place.

Well, I put a couple pictures in here of Ginger and Sissy to Wish You All A HAPPY EASTER!!! Take care, Karen

melekalikimaka
04-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Happy Easter!!!

I hope everyone is enjoying this blessed Easter Sunday. We attended the Easter Vigil mass last night and it was beautiful. I am glad we decided to get back to going to church this year. I didn't realize how that part of my life was needed for my peace of mind. We are planning to dye eggs this morning after breakfast than have the egg hunt. :easter3:

Karen, I hope Tim gets it into his head to take you someplace nice to eat today. I love those easter pictures of Ginger and Sissy, they look like they're used to being dressed by mom :lol:

Dips, hey girl, how's the salsa dancing queen? I think you will be out there with the best of them showing them how it's done before you know it. Shake that thang :dancer:

Virgo, congrats on your ticker! That can be tricky to do sometimes. How are you spending your Easter weekend?

Cal, how was the eggstravaganza? :bunny: :egg:

Kempy, :hug: how are you this weekend? I hope you are doing better, or at least doing something fun w/Joe.

Well, it's almost time for Sunday brunch. Have a wonderful day :sunny:

calnative
04-08-2007, 12:07 PM
:easter: :easter3:

We're off to my sister's house to color eggs. I know we're a little late, but we just ran out of time yesterday. The Easter Bunny hid the plastic eggs for the hunt this morning. Ashley loved what he brought her. The Easter Bunny remembered that we don't like her to have a lot of candy, so he brought her a stuffed rabbit, a Bratz doll, a cd, brush, dvd, a beach towel, and uno cards, a slim jim, a fruit roll-up, and a balloon. She said she prefers the gifts to candy.
Hope everyone is having a great time with family and friends.

Cal

Karen31
04-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Good Morning,
I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter. Tim did take me to the "Texas Roadhouse" to eat and it was so good!! I had the country fried chicken with fresh veggies. It was really good. I really debated about ordering "fried" but I never fry anymore at home and it just sounded good!! Then we went and visited my oldest son. He is 34 and has never been able to speak, and is in a wheel chair now. He had 5 grandmal siezures in 5 hours when he was 16 months old and didn't walk until after he was 2. Then when he was 8 years he had a stroke which left his left side partially paralyzed. He is in a home down in Colorado Springs where he lives in one half of a duplex with 2 other guys with similar disabilities. The other half of the duplex is 3 women with disabilities. They have trained staff to stay there 24 hours a day 7 days a week. He is always happy!

Then went and visited my cousins for a little while. They are going to MO. the end of this month to a "Surprise" birthday party for my Aunt who will be 80. I didn't think that I would be able to go so I went ahead and dropped off a gift for them to take to her. Had a nice visit there with everyone.

Then went to my youngest sons and visited there with them and the 2 grandkids. Of course, the grandkids were all hyped up on the easter candy so they couldn't sit still long enough to really visit with Grandma and Grandpa!!

I am adding some pictures in here. The one of me in the gray sweatshirt was taken the beginning of January, The second one of me in the blue/green sweater was taken yesterday morning. Can you guys see any difference with a 23 pound weight loss?? Then the third one is myself, Tim and Michael at Michael's home.

Well, I guess I'd better get in there and walk away that meal from yesterday!! You all have a good day and I'll check back later. Karen

FatToFitVirgo
04-09-2007, 12:23 PM
We had a very quiet Easter this year. We went to the 8 am (earliest) service, which did not have any music, but was very quiet and contemplative. That mood was fitting with the gospel of going to the grave and finding it empty ("Why do you search? He is not here"). There were maybe 12-15 of us in the congregation, which felt very intimate in the large space. Most people would have come to the 9 am or 11 am, both of which would have music, especially the 11 am. Having sung in the choir for two years, I know all the work involved by the musicians. I was the one who suggested we go to the earliest service; I felt like the plainness was what I wanted this year. We enjoyed it; still, I found I missed not even singing hymns. So now I know.

Dear Karen: It sounds like your Easter was a very satisfying one, spending it with so many people you love. That's a nice picture of the three of you. And you got to see your cousins, and your grandkids: what a full day! :goodvibes

As to the fried :chicken:, a very occasional treat is not a bad thing at all!
The fact you wrote about walking it off demonstrates your commitment. Especially since those pictures showing your 23 pound (!!) weight loss confirm how much you're doing RIGHT!! Keep it going, girl!! You are full of the RIGHT STUFF!!

And calnative, you are, too! Look at the good choices you made for your niece! (Heck, if I were a kid again, and your niece, I'd prefer all those terrific gifties to candy, too!) Way to go!!

Dear Kempy: Hope you found at least one of the songs I recommended. I tried to find "Come Sunday", in order to link it for you, but the only site I found that featured it had it 'lined out' (I couldn't find it here, but you know what I mean, where there's a line drawn through text), indicating someone somewhere had made them take the music off their site (prob for copyright reasons). Go to your library and look for Duke Ellington's "A Sacred Concert". It's part of his "Black Brown and Beige Suite". It starts out as an instrumental, but once Mahalia starts singing, you'll know why I recommend it. Good luck--and hope you're feeling better, anyway!

Mele, I think next year we'll go to the Easter Vigil service on Easter Saturday. I'd forgotten how wonderful it is to be in the darkened church (which is special enough!)--to light our candles from one another, spreading Christ's light--and then to have the lights go on! It sounds like you had a very spiritual Easter, which is the very best kind.

Dear Dips'n'twists, my new friend: Your very name bespeaks"la dance", so I am certain that with your attention and practice, those folks in Miami will be appreciating your style, not knowing just how hard you're working here in April! They'll just see the results--and know you're fabulous!

Okay, ladies!! We had our holiday. (And indulgences: All the E.Bunny brought to our house was a lamb cake--but I made sure I had a couple slices of that & got the glazed head.) So now we have to WORK IT OFF!!

LET'S GO!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Karen31
04-09-2007, 12:32 PM
HEY Virgo,
Thanks for the nice comments. I really did enjoy the day yesterday and I was super tired when we got home. It is about 50 miles to go and visit everybody. So we left here at about 11:30 yesterday morning and didn't get home until about 7:30. Both Tim and I were still so full that neither one of us ate anything after our lunch yesterday. So at least all my fried chicken was early in the day!

You have a good day and I just looked at your ticker---- Good going on the 7 pounds lost. I am so hoping to be down at least close to my goal by August. Lots of work ahead of me on that!!

Take care, Karen

Kempyd
04-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Hey I just wanted to pop on and say I am here still. I have not had a chance to read the posts. I am running out the door to run some errands but I iwll be back to post more.

melekalikimaka
04-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Hey ladies, Michael is out of school this Monday so I took him to see the movie Firehouse Dog. It was a pretty good movie with lots of funny stunts by the dog, but it was a little heavy on the drama (arson, dealing with the loss of a family member, etc.), but he took it all in stride and we both enjoyed it. Easter Sunday was nice with the family, we went out to brunch w/my parents and then just dyed eggs and had the egg hunt. The rest of my sisters came over later and we had a big ole BBQ w/too much food as usual. Outside they were cooking BBQ chicken, chicken/apple sausage and hot dogs. Inside we had a small prime rib in the oven, some sauteed portobello mushrooms, ham, king crab, and steamed veggies.... just too much food all the way around. But it was my oldest sister's b-day the day before so we had the requisite b-day cake :rolleyes:. OK, I admit I overindulged yesterday but today is a new day right? (burp!) :lol:

I almost forgot, I did WI on Saturday and was down 1 lb :cb: ...so, still baby steps, but I'm making progress eh?

Karen, I can't tell you how proud I am of you and your progress. It seems like you just joined our group but yet, you're leading the way :D And HELLO? Of course we can tell the difference between the two pictures--as your neighbor said before, look at those baggy pants!!! :high: You look mahvelous! You sound like you had a wonderful day visiting w/family all over. Good for you!

Virgo, I enjoy singing along in church as well, especially when there is a good choir. Some of the groups make me cringe though, so I have to keep reminding myself that I am there for the messages being shared in the readings, and not for the music entertainment--it sure feels like penance sometimes :lol: :devil: Do I have to go to confession now for saying that? :lol:

Kempy, did you have to work today?

Hi to Dips, Cal and cw... :wave: I've got to try and get some work done now that I'm at the office. Have a great evening all.

Karen31
04-10-2007, 08:36 AM
Good Morning,
Thanks for the compliment Noelle. Those pants that I'm wearing are supposed to be a "little" loose since the are palazzo pants. :) But what is really strange is that I can get in to a size 18 jeans but those palazzo pants are a size 10! :carrot: They fit fine up around the waist and aren't baggy there. I just can't figure out why I can't get down to at least a size 16 jean yet!! :( And Congratulations on the weight loss!! :woohoo: You have got to be happy with a 1 pound loss just as much as a 3 or 4 pound loss--- cause it still is a loss!!

Well, ladies I guess I'd better get going. I hope to see everybody on here later this afternoon.

Have a good day!!! Karen

Kempyd
04-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Hey guys! Sorry I didn't come back yesterday. i ended up hurting my back again and now I am waiting for the doc to call me back. I had an appt. tomorrow but I really need it now. I was a trooper though, I went and got a couple of hours at work. We ended up eating brunch at a resturant in downtown Houston Sunday and it was really good and very filling. They still ahve not dug the pool. It was too wet at the dump site for our dirt so we are just waiting right now for the call to say when they will be here. I wish they would hurry, our grass needs to be cut and I would love to be swimming by the summer.

Virgo I didn't find those songs yet but I did figure out what was wrong with me. I was eating to fill a void. I told Joe that he wasn't paying me enough attention and so I was using food to feel something. I wasn't telling him that he was totally ignoring me but that we were just kind of living like friends instead of husband and wife. So, now I am doing better. He took everything I said to heart and I am being showered and I LOVE it.

Dips girl I know you were probably much better than you say you were out there. You have been woring on the for a good while and I know you will be awesome in Miami. When are you leaving?

Karen I can really tell that you are shrinking. You are doing so great and Noelle is right, you are our leader now.

Cal I still would love to stow away in your suit case. Joe and I still want to go on another cruise but I just don't know when that is going to happen now that the big whole is getting put in the yard.

Noelle I think it is great that you have been able to lose even while you really were not able to exercise the way you usually do.

Ok, I really need to go lie down until the doc calls. I hope to pop on later and chat.

melekalikimaka
04-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Hey ladies, I am wasting time here at work, wishing I was some place else. I got an email from Cherie yesterday, she will be vacationing here in Honolulu next month w/Alan and we are going to try and meet up. That will be great when we can finally meet.

Kempy, it's great that Joe is responding to you the way you need. Sometimes guys just have to be told how to treat us right, right? Hope your back is feeling better soon. Mine is aching right now too, I'm pretty sure it's because I wasn't using good form while doing some exercises yesterday. Yikes, that's all I need, a sore back. :(

Karen, I understand completely about the weird range of sizes. It's funny though, I have a laundry basket with some clothes and I refer to them by what weight I know I can get into them by, not by their number sizes :lol:

Well, I guess I should get back to work, ya think?

calnative
04-10-2007, 10:27 PM
We're pretty busy at school this week. The kids are taking the AIMS test (it's a combination standardized test and a test to measure state academic standards). The kids are testing every day this week except tomorrow. They do really well for the 4 hours of testing in the morning, but then go crazy in the afternoon. I'll sure be glad when this week is over.

Noelle: That will be great to meet up with Cherie. She'll know how truly awesome you are, just like I did when I met you. Did she say if the girls are going with her? The Eggstravaganza is some party. They had everything out there...a real carnival. Lots of fun for everyone.

Karen: You really are quite the motivator. I hope I can be like you.

Dips: Ciao Bellissima. You are going to knock them all dead in Miami. Try to ignore the whistles, stares, and drooling!!!!

Kempy: I hope you are feeling better. You're welcome to stow away in my luggage any time!! Take care of yourself.

Have a great night everyone.

Cal

Karen31
04-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Hello Ladies,
Well, today was really a bad kind of day for me--- and no real reason. When we got up this morning the humidifier had leaked water all over the carpet and I had to get out the carpet shampooer to suck up all the water. In fact, I'm still doing that! I thought about shampooing the carpets since I had it out anyway but since it was only 10 degrees here this morning decided that wouldn't be such a good idea. It is only 35 here now! Anyway, back to the bad day--- it just seemed like I didn't get my walk in this morning and my regular routine was kind of messed up. So then I went and ate. I really didn't eat any real bad stuff just too much of it!! And that on top of not getting in my walk just totally has me in a rotten mood! I'm trying to tell myself to shake it off and regroup tomorrow but felt I just had to write and let you know I was "BAD" today! I'm kind of thinking that maybe I should get off the slim fast for a little bit and go back to just counting points or calories for awhile. Maybe a change is what I need.
OK--- I feel better now that I've told on myself! You all have a good day and I'll check back later with you. Karen

Kempyd
04-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Hey guys. I just got home from work. (hehe work) I was only there for 5 hours and I am just glad to get out of the house.

Karen are you having one of my days? I didn't mean to pass it on to you. Aside form my back, I am feel good these days. It is always good to change things up when it comes to dieting. I have found that I will get bored with one and end up cheating and that leads to me stopping whatever plan it was that I was doing.

Cal I feel for ya with those tests. I used to hate those things. I was always really fast at taking tests so it would kill me to be finished so fast and then have to site there staring off into space. I wanted so bad to go onto the next section but of course that was not going to happen.

Noelle that is awesome you get to meet Cherie. Why has she not been posting? Did she say? I miss her too. I tried to talk Angie into coming back today too but I don't know if it will work. I told her she needs to come share with everyone and that we will be able to help her through all of this.

Virgo where are you today?

I was feeling good this morning but I feel my back tightening up. I guess it was from me sitting at a desk all day. After dinner I plan on lying down with an icepack.

I guess we are getting closer to the pool being dug. They came this morning to spray it out again. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will be here tomorrow getting it started.

Well, I need to go pick up Joe from the bus stop. I'll chat later.

melekalikimaka
04-11-2007, 11:39 PM
Hey ladies, I just got back from my mani/pedicure w/my regular girl--she's so awesome and I missed her! The last time I had a pedi w/her was right before my knee surgery in February...then she went on vacation when I was able to go back so I had to wait even longer. She's moving to Oregon in the summer so I will have to find another manicurist or just do without :( It's one of the only things I do that makes me feel like I'm splurging, but I'd much rather do my hands and feet than my hair. I'm weird like that :lol:

I replied to Angie's email as well. I feel for her so much because I've been there, believe me. I'm not talking about the situation w/her daughter, but the weight issue ya know? I hope she comes back because it's just not the same around here without her. you hear that Angie? :)

Cherie said a lot of things have been going on w/her too, and her younger daughter Megan may have to repeat the 1st grade. I told her she is always welcome to come back anytime because like Angie, this place ain't the same w/out her either. you hear that Cherie? :)

Karen, confession is good for the soul eh? Sorry you had a rotten day, those suck. Maybe you're right in thinking you may need to change things up a bit for variety. You have done awesome on the Slim Fast, not doubt about that! But variety is the spice of life as they say :rolleyes: So what did you think of Idol last night? I'm still have to wait a few more hours to see who got voted off.

Hey Cal, only 2 more days of testing! I can just imagine what chaos the kids bring when they get a little stressed out or bored during testing :crazy: I don't know if Cherie is bring her girls but she is traveling w/Alan and his parent(s) who are celebrating an anniversary. It may be just adults. I would love to meet her girls though, and they could meet Michael, they're all about the same age.

Kempy, have you tried sleeping with one of those thermal packs on your back? Those are great. Glad you are feeling better. 5 hour work days? That's more than me some days :s:

Hi to Virgo, Dips, cw and all... have a great evening.

angieME
04-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Hi guys. Thank you so much for your emails they really helped me alot yesterday. I guess I was having a little crisis. After Jay got home I showed him the memorial page and told him I dont think I dared to do it and he said he didnt want me to do it either,He didnt want to risk losing me. So.... today I am going to put all my efforts into getting back on Weight Watchers and get this fat off from me. I am going to make a slight adjustment to it this time though, I am not going to eat my activity points. I did all the last time and I think it may have slowed down my weight loss. I am hoping that I have hit rock bottom again and there is no place to go but up.

Noelle, Nope we dont get to take our alone vacation this year. We found a great deal on an 06 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel and spent the vacation money on it. The 1500 Ram we had before wasnt rated to tow our fifth wheel so we were overlimit and I didnt like being over the limit so we needed the bigger truck. Next year we fully intend to do it though. We may try to sneak a little one in before summer if we can get the money to get the hitch installed right off. Yesterday we had the rhino liner sprayed in the bed of the truck so now the hitch can get done. I know ramble ramble. haha.

Here is a pic of the new truck.

angieME
04-12-2007, 08:43 AM
Okay, Now I will introduce myself to all the new women here. My name is Angie. I am 34 years old. I live in Maine with my husband and 3 teenage kids. We have a bakery at our house where we make wholesale donuts and pastries for my MIL bakery and the stores in our area. We also have 3 dogs and 6 cats. I love animals in case you cant tell. :lol: We also have 3 strays that let me feed them outside.

I didnt have a weight problem until I met my husband as a teenager(or should I say his moms bakery. :lol: ) I got up to 265 and I got sick of it and I went on a strict diet and lost 135 pounds in 12 months. I hit goal and then I gained 75 pounds right back. That is when I found 3FC and we all started this thread. With these girls help I lost it all and got back down to 130 again and I gained it right back. I have been trying for the last few years to get it off for good.

Noelle, You are rocking the weight watchers girl. I am so proud of you!! That is so cool that Cherie is coming to meet you. I hope you two have fun.

Kempy, I see that you are getting a pool. Cool, You will love it and since it is actually hot where you live I bet you get to use it alot. We have a snowstorm coming tonight and another one planned for next week. This spring is rediculous. We still have snow on the ground from last weeks storm that brought us 18 inches. :yikes: It had better warm up soon.

Karen, Your dogs are so cute. And look at your ticker!!! You are shrinking right away. Good Job!!

Cal, Do you guys get vacation next week? My kids are off all next week. Yippee, there will be lots of bickering at my house. :lol:

Well, I am going to try to get myself on my bike and get in some exercise.

Kempyd
04-12-2007, 10:26 AM
ANGIE!!!:cp: :dance: :dancer: I am so glad you are back. Please don't leave for that long again. I hope my email didn't sound mean. When I didn't hear back from you I got worried that I upset you.

Yup, We are getting a pool. I thought they would be here this morning to dig. When Joe got up to leave for work he saw a big excavator sitting right down the street so he thought they would be here right now. I am keeping my fingers crossed for this afternoon. I am ready to get this thing going. You would think we would be able to use it more but they have to start it first. :D Cool truck. You guys are always getting nice autos.

Noelle I just can't do pedicures. I have a thing about people touching my feet. NO WAY! So, I have always done my own. I guess I am sort of missing out on things. My guilty pleasure is plants. I know, what a weird thing but at least it isn't other men. :lol: The doc said to use ice on my back to get rid of the inflamation. I would much rather feel warm but i will do what she says first and see.

I am stuck at home today. That is ok, the house needs to be cleaned. We started to look at another car lst night. I told Joe I want to wait a few months to see what type of bills the pool has and then try to get one. I think it might be a Jetta. It isn't my dream car but I can wait a little longer. we need something to get a little better gas milage.

Alright, I am going to start cleaing. I am going to pop back later to see what is up with everyone. Angie make sure you post when you get a pee break. :D :lol:

angieME
04-12-2007, 10:28 AM
I just did 30 minutes on my bike. :lol: This is gonna sound weird but I set it in front of my computer desk sideways and surfed the net while I did it!! haha I am sweating my butt off and the time flew right by. I am going to try to get in at least another 15 minutes this afternoon. :ebike:

I have this all black cat that has been hanging around all winter and he actually let me pet him a minute ago. I went in and got him a bowl of milk and he loved it. I always put cat food on my side steps in the morning for them.

Well, I have to take a shower and get some work done. Talk to you all later

angieME
04-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Hi Kempy, No, I wasnt upset with you at all. You guys made some great points and as bad as I want to do it it is just too risky for me to do. I have lost it on my own before and I can do it again. I know I can. I have to. My SIL had the surgery and she is skinny now but she is also the type to not tell you all the troubles with it. She just says oh it is great I dont have any problems,surgery didnt hurt too bad, You have to do it, etc.

I hope they show up soon to start digging. Mine is just an above ground and it took about 4 guys a few days to get all the ground work done and it put up. I love it even if we only get to use it a few months a year. :lol:

Okay off to the shower. Be back later

Kempyd
04-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Great Job Angie! See, if you start slow you can get what you want. Just keep visualizing what you really desire and you will have it. Get rid of all of the bad thoughts and replace them with the thoughts of a stronger you and before you know it, that person will be staring right back at you.

I wanted to post a before pic of the yard before they get here to did. I took more than one but I thought I owuld just post this one for now. I want to have before and afters.

Kempyd
04-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Why is it that I can never make these pics bigger? I make them the size the site wants but some of you guys can post larger sizes.

Karen31
04-12-2007, 12:47 PM
Hello Ladies,
Kempyd, I am so jealous ---- You have GREEN GRASS!!! I have a few sprigs here and there but right now it is snowing again and they are saying maybe even a foot of it coming tonight!! I'm glad that you posted the picture and looking forward to seeing the After picture. I have no idea how to make the pictures bigger on the site either. I just click on in and it opens in a new window with the original size. Hey-- I have one of those Shiatsu Massaging Cushions that you put in a chair--- I love it and it is just like having someone massage your back. I got it for Christmas and I dont know how I ever did without it now!! LOVE IT!!!

Angie, nice to meet you. I think I remember you from when I first started posting here back in January--maybe. Good job on the bike ride! :carrot: I used to have one but it didn't work very well for me. Of course, I bought it at Goodwill and it wasn't the best and I just didn't use it enough to keep it--- so I took it back to Goodwill!! Thanks for the compliment on my "babies" They are very spoiled!!! But I guess you can tell that! I like your truck too! We had a Dodge Ram but then traded it for a GMC diesel 4wd. to pull our 5th wheel. We have family in MO. and PA. and go back every Summer to see everybody. Do you drive the truck when you are towing the 5th wheel?? I never have it scares me!! We have advertised our 5th wheel for sale this year and will probably get something a little smaller. Ours is 30 foot with 3 slide outs so it really is like having your own apartment with you!!

Well, after my "yucky" day yesterday--- I did the 3 miles super fat burn walk this morning. Then I did the Muscle Mile One walk, then the 2 mile-- 30 minute walk. I decided after that to try to do the Walk Strong where she uses the weights and does intervals of strength traning too. About 10 minutes into that one I decided that I wasn't going to be able to finish that!! I have some wrist weights that are 1 1/2 pounds each that I use but think I will start out trying to do that one first tomorrow -- or maybe later on today! But at least I got 6 miles of walking done this morning! I feel better now.

Noelle, I can't believe they still have sanjaya on AI!!! I know he did do a little better singing this week but to keep him and get rid of Haley---- I just don't understand!! I'm really afraid he may just go all the way. That would probably just about end it for me!!

Cal, I'll bet you are already on your "count down" to cruise time!! I've never been on a cruise but would love to go someday. We have always talked about going to Hawaii one of these days. I hope I'm not old and gray before we do--- oh wait!! I already am!!! :)

Well, I hope everyone has a great day.. I'm going to go and relax and watch the snow fall AGAIN!!
Take care. Karen

angieME
04-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Hi Karen, I dont even drive a car. :lol: I have my license but me and Jay have always worked together so I have never had a need to drive. He loves pulling the fifth wheel ( I think he is a little weird. :lol: ) We have a 30 foot Wildcat with the rear kitchen. We only have one slide but it is so nice the way it is set up. I cooked our whole Christmas dinner in there and didnt have anyone in my way. haha I will feel much better on the way to Florida this Christmas knowing that we are within our tow limits. He didnt mind the 1500 but I read on rv.net all the time and I knew we needed a bigger truck so I convinced him to go bigger. haha

We are supposed to be getting 8-14 inches of snow tonight too. I am so sick of snow.

My bike is a recumbent bike that I bought at Kmart. I love it because it is small and doesnt take up much room. I went and bought a new expensive one once but it was huge and uncomfortable so I sold it and got my old one back. It really worked out well to ride it while I read rv.net today.

I gotta get back to work. :lol:

melekalikimaka
04-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Hello ladies! :wave:

Hi Angie! :grouphug: Sheesh, gone for a few months then posting 5x in one morning :lol: I like all this chatter again. That's too bad about the vacation but look at that truck! That's another nice one! Good job on riding the bike, first steps are the hardest but you can do it.

I can't believe you guys are still getting snow, what's up with that? We are hitting the low 80's w/humidity, yuck.

Karen, great job on the WATP. You know, AI has been getting me so disgusted that I just cheat and surf the net to see who gets kicked off then don't even waste my time watching. It's getting to be one big joke. I do watch the singing night but if they aren't doing too good I don't pay attention. Sanjaya (who's name ironically means Victory in sanskrit) is supposedly supported by the Vote for the Worst conglomeration of deaf and stupid people--that's my opinion anyway.

Kempy, that is exciting about the pool. I hope the contractors have some sexy workmen you can watch :T Your doc is right about ice to calm down the inflammation. Once it does though, if you still have pain, you can use heat to relax the muscles. For some reason the song Fire and Ice by Pat Benatar just popped into my head :rolleyes:

Well, I should get in the car and go to work... chat later.

melekalikimaka
04-12-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm back again :D Did anyone happen to catch a show on TV last night called FAT: What No One Is Telling You? It was on around 9 pm on the public TV station. I watched most of it until the commentary at the end. It profiled several different morbidly or formerly morbidly obese people. There was a woman comedian and she lost weight thru diet and exercise; another woman in her 50's (I'm guessing) who had had the gastric bypass but talked about how it was still a daily head struggle to eat right and continue exercising; a young guy who was a twin but his twin sister was normal sized with no weight issues. He wanted to have the surgery but struggled w/a liquid diet pre-op; a married couple who joined a weight loss study and were working together to lose it... it was really interesting and a little sad to watch because I could relate to so many of the issues discussed. One of the doctors on the show said that one reason why people may be able to lose weight but not keep it off is because your intestines have a separate nervous system than your brain, which may be sending you signals that you're hungry and need to eat when you're really not. Something about gastric bypass short circuits those "hungry" signals from your gut so you can eat like a normal person and lose weight. I know there was way more to the show, but if it is airing in your area, I would recommend watching it.

Karen31
04-12-2007, 07:58 PM
Hi Noelle, I didn't see that show on last night but I'm going to check and see if it is going to be on here---- sometimes they show stuff like that more than once on the PBS. It sounds like it was pretty interesting.
I'll check back with you later. Karen

FatToFitVirgo
04-13-2007, 02:57 AM
Hello, ladies! Welcome, angieME!! I'm still the new kid, since you were here before I was. Nice to meet you! I really like your suggestion about surfing the web while on the stationary bike! That's part of my problem, is once I'm online I get so absorbed that (gasp: shameful admission) sometimes I don't exercise. But if I just moved my trusty bike--hey!

Kempy, thanks for asking--yesterday was my sister's birthday & I was doing stuff around the house. She doesn't live here; I was just occupied with doing stuff that needed to be done. Today I had a dental appointment replacing a crown. It was actually not too bad, but it was time consuming. Add into that my transportation time, since I don't drive. Waiting for the CTA (Chgo Transit Authority) buses in the 34 degree cold was not pleasant (wherever did Spring go?!). One small comfort, tho--being out in the cold does burn more calories, to keep one warm! (Makes one remember that a "calorie" started out as a measurement of heat.)

I've been eating pretty sensibly, but my activity levels have faded. I've got to step it up! Karen, I'm proud of your increased activity--I'm going to have to follow your example! Mele, tonight before I jumped in here, I was reading someone else's thread on that "Fat" program you mentioned. I had read about it, but forgot when it was, so forgot about it totally, didn't see it. Reading the discussion on the other thread made me feel better about having missed it. Check it out, see what you think. Everyone, it's getting late. I'll post more tomorrow (or rather, later today!).
Thanks for being here, ladies!

calnative
04-13-2007, 09:00 AM
:carrot: Angie, welcome back. You were sure missed here. :hug:
We actually had our Spring break the 2nd and 3rd weeks of March. Now we're on the downside of this quarter with just under 8 weeks of school left. Nine weeks from today we begin our cruise.

Today is the last day of testing. Finally, it will be over...until next year.:dizzy:
I don't know what happened to spring. Yesterday we had very strong winds and just after school let out we had a dust storm followed by rain...can we say MUD!!!!:p It really got cold here. At 5pm it was only 57 degrees. :brr: For a desert dweller that is pretty cold. I'm not sure what the overnight low was, but I was ready to put the flannel sheets back on the bed. What crazy weather. :dizzy: Usually by this time we're betting on when our first 100 degree day will be. :D

Karen: You're right, we are starting our countdown to cruise time. However, we are still counting weeks, not days yet. Of course, Ashley wants to count days.

Kempy: Have they started digging yet? My brother had a pool put in last year and it's so nice now. He has pool parties all the time.

Have a great day everyone.

Cal

angieME
04-13-2007, 09:21 AM
Good Morning girls!! Can you believe that we got another foot of snow last night? :snow4: I felt so bad for the deer because only 2 came out to eat last night at about 5. Usually there are about 20 on my neighbors lawn. Jay is mad at them this year because they have been coming up to the front of the house and eating my shrubs. :lol: He had to scare them away the other morning on his way out to deliver the donuts. I have to laugh because if my dogs hear anything they run out of the bedroom at night barking their heads off but yet a few deer come right up to my bedroom window in the snow and chew on my shrubs and they didnt make a sound. Silly dogs.

Well I made it through yesterday fine and even had a good bloatation loss this morning. :lol: I ended up getting in 45 minutes on my bike and I already did 30 minutes this morning while I surfed the net

Noelle, I started to watch that show but I figured it would bore Jay to death so I didnt watch it. I am hoping it is on again sometime when I am home alone and I can watch it. It sounds really interesting.

Virgo, You sound like me with the computer. I always seem to have something I need to look up when I know I shopuld be exercising. :lol: This takes care of both at once. hehe.

Cal, They had something on the early show this morning about your duststorm. We have our calendars marked with weeks til our next vacation and it isnt until December. :lol: :rofl: We are desperate to do something fun.

Well, I should really get in the shower so I can go get some groceries. I will post more later.

Karen31
04-13-2007, 11:26 AM
Good Morning Ladies,
Well, I am up a pound on the scales this morning!! :devil: :mad: But I kind of figured that I would be. It just gets me so frustrated to see it move up instead of down! But I'll work hard this week and hopefully get it moving in the right direction again.

Sure hope everyone is doing good this morning. We have about 17 degrees and snow!! But only about 3 inches here.. the brunt of the storm hit the southeast part of Colorado harder than here. But I'm still getting so sick of snow!!

Take care everyone and I'll check back later. Karen

melekalikimaka
04-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Just a fly-by as I'm getting ready to go to my WI and then my last session of P/T :cb: Sorry you guys have gotten more snow. We had rain last night... does that make you feel a little better? :^: Well, I gotta head out. I'm hoping TOM doesn't make me gain a lb or two on the dumb scales :crossed: Oh well, be back later. Have a good one! :wave:

melekalikimaka
04-13-2007, 06:35 PM
Well I'm up by .2 of a lb...so that's not too shabby considering I indulged in a lot of food and candy over Easter :ink: . Anyway, my last session in PT was fast, they gave me a worksheet w/my home exercises. I bought them a chocolate and peanut butter pie as a thank you, I hope it tastes good.

Karen, I just love your attitude about the lb gained and just trying harder next time, you are really positive and a good influence for me :D Has it warmed up any?

Angie, dogs are funny aren't they? We actually had someone come into our yard and Lucky only barked when the guy was leaving! :dunno: Great job on your workout. You're getting your mojo back. :hug:

Virgo, I was looking for that thread but never found it because I knew I saw some discussion about it. Now I have to go hunting for it again. Do you know what forum it was in? How's your tooth doing today? I used to work for a prosthodontist (crowns & dentures) for a year then a periodontist (gums) for 5 years. I have a bunch of fillings that I'm going to replace next week. I don't look forward to it.

Cal, 57 degrees is chilly! I know how you feel. Have a great Friday.

Hmmm, Kempy must be busy at work ;)

I have to go and file some paperwork. Have a good one.

Karen31
04-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Noelle, Here is a link to that thread Fat, what people aren't telling you.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109646

Sorry this is quick I got to get some supper started.. Will check back later.
Karen

melekalikimaka
04-13-2007, 06:56 PM
Thanks Karen, you beat me to the punch! I just found it in the Support Forum myself and was coming back here to post it. :D INTERESTING!!!

FatToFitVirgo
04-14-2007, 04:08 AM
Ah! You have already found it, under Watch PBS "Fat" documentary online! I'm very glad hikerchick posted the link to it. I think it was very interesting that scientists are only now beginning to find the "brain" in the gut. I loved that scientist who began by saying "No poets write odes to the intestine...it would take a scientist to love the intestine. I am that scientist." God bless him! It's thanks to people like him that we'll all learn so much more than was known before.

I also loved the Phat Fly Girls dance troupe. I think one of the aspects of our fat-hating/self-hating culture is because we don't get to see more positive images of fat folks moving. I'm 56 now, but I remember there used to be a greater variety of people on camera, shape and age-wise (well, okay, there wasn't such a good job with race--that part's improved, tho even there...). My point is, our popular culture demonizes anyone larger, even as it's creating this epidemic. If this program causes some to rethink their position ("hmm--I never knew that, or looked at it that way"), it will have served a positive function there. And as positive as I usually try to be, I have to own up to a very cynical side, which simultaneously is pointing out that one program on PBS is a drop in the bucket against the flood of negative images/portrayal we see all around us. Sigh.

Still, I'm glad the program was made, and I'm glad I saw it. AND I was pedaling my stationary bike while I was watching! Yay!!

angieME
04-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Good Morning! I decided to record my weightloss today since Saturday is my usual day. I am down 6.8 pounds. I know it is ll bloat and no real weight loss but I will take it. :lol: Heres to keeping it up. :cheers:

I stayed up until 1:00 this morning watching The Riches on FX. I love that show!!! I had been meaning to watch it but always missed it and they had a marathon on last night and now I am hooked. The only bad part was they kept going and going and I was tired and had to stop. :lol: I hope I can catch the rest sometime.

Karen, I agree with Noelle, You are an awesome role model!! You will get that pound next week I bet!
I hear ya on the snow. We have another one coming on Monday and the weatherguy says it is going to be a major NorEaster with wet snow,rain and high winds. Sounds like fun. I hope it stays all rain where we are but we seem to get the brunt of the storms this year. :lol:

Noelle, .2 pounds up isnt bad at all. You could almost claim a maintain while you got to splurge a bit. I say Good Job!!!

Virgo, I have to read that thread. It sounds very interesting. Congrats on getting in your workout while you watched it!!! Way to go!!!

Well, I should get moving for today. I will be back later.

Dips'n'twists
04-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Hello Angie!!! Welcome back. You breathe new life into the thread:carrot: . Congrats on the loss.

Karen- I love your attitude and your resolve to work harder after your bad day. You are an inspiration.

Cal- I will trade your 57 degrees for my 40 any day! Not that I see much outside because I have so many final projects due at school over the next few weeks so i am confined to my apartment. I can't wait for all of this to be over.

Hey Kempy- Nice truck. And I think I may have some video of me in action on the salsa dance floor and then maybe you guys can tell me what you think.

Virgo- You are so sweet! And now you have me wanting to watch the documentary so I'll have to look for it.

Noelle My love, I am so jealous that you will be meeting cherie. I haven't met any of you in person :( But I really really want to. Anyways, .2 is not a bad price to pay for all that candy.

Well Ladies, i haven't been able to go to my dance lessons at all this week :( but I have to focus on school right now. Those classes will still be there when I'm done. Gotta prioritize you know? Then I'm not speaking to my loser boyfriend right now because I told him I would like to be taken somewhere nice and he said he was taking me to the car show:shrug: WTF!! I'm like, what about me screams "car show" that is a man thing. It would have been cool if we go out regularly but we don't. But he says he wants to see the NASCAR people (a black man into NASCAR, who knew?) But I told him to go without me Im not interested. I may be acting like a brat but I just think he was insensitive. Okay enough of that...

Talk to you all later!!!

melekalikimaka
04-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Good morning ladies.

Dips, your post made me laugh. He's a Nascar fan huh? :lol: Maybe if you go along w/him to the car show you can then make him take you to somewhere you really want to go afterward. I know your time is valuable so maybe you could plan something for you guys, then just tell him what you're doing that day. Some--make that MOST guys don't have a clue what we want so when they offer stuff like car shows that they would enjoy, the really think we would enjoy them too. Clueless they are. We have an annual show here called Big Boy Toys or something like that, geared toward men w/cars, trucks, motorcycles, stereo equipment, electronics.... boring as heck to me! Luckily the show is usually held a block away from a huge mall so I make Rick take me there afterward.

Angie, I missed that marathon, but I did catch one show. It's crazy isn't it? Great job on losing that bloatation! :high: That's the Angie I know.

Alright Virgo! You saw the show. That scientist who talked about the brain in the gut really got my attention too. Well said points you made, great post.

Well, I don't know what's on the agenda today but I better get going. Have a great weekend all. :wave:

angieME
04-14-2007, 04:18 PM
Hey. I got in a 30 minute walk today and 15 minutes on my bike so I am good to go there. :lol: We didnt go near any fast food restaurants today so I could keep control until I get a handle on myself so that is good too.

Dips, Hi. Are you guys having as bad of a spring down there as we are up here? It is amazing how long it is taking to get here. I cant wait for our first warm day....I dont think we have even hit 50 yet. :lol:

Noelle, I hope you guys have a great weekend. Anything fun planned?

Well, I am off to read that thread about the PBS show.

Have a Great Weekend Everyone!!!!

melekalikimaka
04-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Hey ladies, we found a black female dog running around the park the other day. She was wandering for 3+ days and we tried to catch her once before, but on my sister's way home from work a friend told her that the dog had been hit by a car. She brought the leash to the park and found the dog hiding in the bushes. The humane society couldn't or wouldn't come out last night evening though we told them she had been injured, so we have her at home where she spent the night in the house. She looks like a bigger version of Lucky, but black whereas Lucky is more of a dark chocolate brown. I'll try and take a picture of her before the pound comes to pick her up. We may tell them that we want to adopt her if no one claims her. If we do, this will be dog #4 :lol:

I didn't do much of anything yesterday, just laundry and vacuumed and washed my car. My other sister and I went near her workplace and fed some feral dogs. Exciting stuff eh? Anyway, I have to get ready for church :angel: Chat later.

Karen31
04-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Hello everyone!!
Noelle, did you keep the dog?? I know over here if you have a stray and keep it for two weeks while checking with vets, shelters and what ever and no one claims it then the dog becomes yours if you want it. You sound like me though--- I have always said that I would never be able to work in a shelter 'cause my house would be full!!! :dizzy:
This past Thursday my neighbor called and wanted to know why all the animal control people were out behind my house--- I had no idea they were there. So I made sure Ginger & Sissy stayed in the house and went to the back door. There were 4 animal control officers and 2 deputies!! I thought sure there must be something loose that was real big like a bear or a wolf or even a rabid dog--- But when I asked they said they were trying to catch a Pomeranian!!! AND it got away from all of them!! It went down towards the main road and they all took off in their truck with the lights flashing--- I still don't know if they ever caught it or not but I'm glad that I didn't laugh out loud before I came back in the house!!

OK--- I did my 200 crunches on the ab lounge, and my 6 miles walking this morning! :carrot: But then I was goofing around and I found my old "Shoop Shoop Hoola Hoop" !! Talk about going way back!! Anyway, I decided to see if I could still do it--- YEA!! I can. I didn't do it very long only about 5 minutes but I think I may try to add that in just for something different and fun!! I'm just glad the grandkids weren't here to laugh at me!!!

Angie -- good job on the walking. I really like to do those walks. Sometimes when I really feel like I want to jsut walk on the treadmill I will do that and usually put in a movie like Dirty Dancing!! It makes me go in to my own little world-- just me and Patrick!!! :T

Dips, Kempyd, Cal and Virgo--- I hope you all are having a good weekend. I think I will get busy and get a little something else done today!!

Catch you all later. Karen

angieME
04-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Hi. How is everyones weekend going? Good I hope.

Those deer are eating my shrubs!!!! When me and jay went for a walk yesterday we saw that they ate my biggest one on the corner of the house and all last night we kept an eye out for them and whenever they would come around we would turn the lights on or open the window to scare them away but they came back while we were sleeping and ate the biggest one by my door and 2 of my globe ones. Geesh, We have lived here 8 years and never had a problem until this year even though they have hung around our street every spring because my neighbors feed them. They were expensive enough to plant 8 years ago I cant even imagine what it is going to cost to replant if they die. I mean the one in the corner is down to the tree trunk!!

Noelle, Another Puppy!!! How sweet of you guys. We dont usually have stray dogs around here just stray kitties. I usually end up feeding all of those though. ;) That was so nice of you and your sis to go feed the dogs. That would be my weekends too.

Karen, A Pomeranian? :lol: They must be good little escape artists because we have had a few we caught to return to their owners too. :lol:

I LOVE Dirty Dancing!!! When that movie came out on HBO I was staying at my friends house for the summer and we made sure to be home to watch it every time they played it. I love the end when they all dance.

Great Job on the 6 miles!! That is alot of walking. I never could do the hula hoop...isnt that sad? :lol: :rofl:

Well, I gotta go cook supper.

calnative
04-15-2007, 11:32 PM
Weekend's over, but that's ok. Only 7 1/2 weeks to go!!

Angie and Dips: I hope you guys are ok with that storm.

I'm turning in early tonight; tomorrow I'm going to try to walk for 30 minutes in the morning before going to school. We'll see how that works.

Have a great week everyone.

Cal

FatToFitVirgo
04-16-2007, 02:11 AM
Hello, ladies! Except I got entwined in the "Fat, what you don't know" PBS show, I had meant to comment on the weather, how crappy this spring has been all around. And then that terrible northeaster hit! Angie! I saw pictures of Maine on the Yahoo!news site--oh my God, the snow! And after you'd already been hit! No wonder the deer are coming to eat your bushes--it's all so deep, they've probably eaten off everything they could reach in their normal haunts, so they're hunting for new sources. Alas, your lovely and costly bushes were what they found. Hope your plantings survive it all, the snow and the deer.
Dips'n'Twists: Yahoo!news also had pictures of how #*%@! much rain NY & NJ were getting--again, oh my God! A couple of times we've driven through NJ on the Garden State Pkwy, once at night through the "remnants" of Hurricane Isobel in 2003, and it was one of the scariest, hydroplaning rides I'd ever taken in a car. We were also in Yonkers in '97 when Hurricane Floyd dumped all kinds of rain, too. Geez Louise, you on the east coast have been hard hit. Our prayers are definitely with you.

Calnative, do keep on counting us all down to your cruise--I've only been on one, but it was absolutely wonderful, and I'm getting excited about yours! May your walk in the morning before school be the start of a whole new habit!

Karen, I think the hula hoop is a great exerciser! You're working other muscles that aren't usually the ones getting worked on, and you should let your grandchildren see you doing it. Then after they laugh, they'll want to try to show you how it 'should' be done--only to find out how hard it is in the first place! Grandma will earn extra 'respect' points once they realize it's a lot harder than they thought it was! Of course, I say this easily, I who have never been able to do more than 2-3 revolutions of the darn thing, going all the way back to when the infernal thing was first invented in my youth! Aaaaughhh!!!

(I don't know what's wrong with this site, but I have more problems with my computer getting locked up here than I do with practically anyplace else I go. Just now I was trying to underline, and it won't let me do it. I'll try manually, with the brackets. I realize the 3FC who developed this site have the ads to keep it free for us--but I would practically trip over the popups if I didn't have my 'protection' on!)

Mele, my new crown is doing just fine, thanks for asking. I had braces between the ages of 9-13, so I handle dental stuff pretty easily. Once you've had your mouth open for four years, all this stuff is just more "procedures". Give me two shots of lidocaine & I can handle it all, even if I drool & can't eat for 4 hours afterward! I've been going to this dental office for over 30 years; I really trust them and like their work.

Kempy, c&w, and anyone else I may have unintentionally left out, forgive me. I have such a hard time not losing stuff on this site that I'm afraid if I try to go back a page to look your postings up (since they aren't on this page), I'll lose this whole entry. I've done that before. So I hope you're both feeling better, and doing well--and that the weather isn't too bad where you are. Next time, I'll start with you all!

I have to say that one of the main things I like about this group is that while we may complain about something here or there, this group isn't an angry or a whiny one, which were two qualities
I was very glad to NOT find here. God bless you all!!

Dips'n'twists
04-16-2007, 05:41 AM
Karen, you are so adorable. Walking to Dirty Dancing :D

I'm in a bit of a hurry this morning (5:30 in NY) But I have to leave earlier today because this rain is really slowing the subway out here.:mad: Darn rain! We had better weather in January!! It rained alllll day yesterday.My pants, socks and everything else was soaked!! And I had an umbrella :lol:
So I guess that answers your question Cal:rain:

Okay, I can't stay any longer...I have to swim to work.

angieME
04-16-2007, 07:33 AM
Good Morning girls!! I guess the weather is supposed to be pretty bad today. Last night it started as snow and I was so mad thinking we were going to get hit hard again but this morning it has turned to rain. It is starting to get windy now too. We will see what we actually get I guess. The news is making it out to be really bad, telling everyone to stay home and the governor has declared a state of emergency for today.

Cal, I hope your walk went well. I am so jealous of you guys. :lol: I want to try a cruise someday too. I cant wait to hear all about it afterwards and to see all of the pics you take.

Virgo, Amazingly enough the snow from the last storm had almost all melted but they still like to hang out on my street I guess. :lol: None came out last night because the snow started but they will be back. :lol: I love looking at them but holy cow the shrubs are getting big and they are expensive plus I dont want to have to transplant a few. Haha.

Dips, Have a good day. Be safe.

melekalikimaka
04-16-2007, 02:28 PM
Good morning ladies. That storm looks something fierce on the news.
Dips, maybe you need a snorkel and fins? :lol: Just playing. Stay safe out there.

Angie, you be safe too.

Karen, those animal control officers sound like the Keystone cops :lol: I'm glad it was a pom and not some wild animal! And you go with that hula hoop. That sounds like fun, but I would be like you and do it in private :lol:

The pound never came to get "the dog" yesterday so I don't know what's up with that. She's still here and had a bath and her nails clipped and she's been sleeping in the house. I guess she's a keeper. I'm going to bring her to the vet to get scanned for a micro chip. I'm crossing my fingers she doesn't belong to someone and we have to give her back because we are getting attached. :rolleyes:. I have to get her checked out though, she's limping on her left side. Michael's been thinking up names for her and wants to name her Chloe (I gave him a baby name book :lol: ). I told him we will know if she is ours by the end of the school day. I got pictures of Lucky, Kai and "the dog" (our dog pack) but will upload them after I get into the office.

Kempy, are you busy with work? :listen:

Virgo, glad you like our little group here. If any of us got too whiny or b*tched too much one of the other girls would probably step up and say something like "get over yourself." We are like sisters here, we can just tell it like it is ;)

Cal, did you get your walk in?

Well, I better get moving around here. We had a plumbing leak last night and I've got some major cleaning up to do. Hope your day is more pleasant than mine. Chat later. :D

Kempyd
04-16-2007, 04:57 PM
OK, I am not digging this work thing. I don't get to stay up to date with you guys. It is just cutting into my life too much. :lol:

We had to go buy a car this weekend since I am working now. It was gettin gto be a little much to try to figure both of our schedules with just the one car. I daon't have time to re-read all of the post. And, I feel bad just writing about myself. But, I promise that I am going to get my life in order and start to post like I should. The pool is dug (Saturday) and the plumbing is in. They are coming tomorrow to spray the gunite and form there I am not really certain what is going to happen. I am just glad we have a hugh hole in the ground.

Angie I am so proud of you for posting like you used to. And, for the blotation lost. :cp:

I have to go do household things that I have neglected over the weekend. I promise I will be back later.

cwneeds2lose
04-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Hi everyone, it's been a while, again, since I've posted. As for the weather my way, today is the first day that the sun's been out, and the wind isn't blowing really hard. The last week it's been blowing. My folks were traveling and got stuck in the Mojave Desert for two days because the wind was blowing so bad, they shut down all the highways. They said it was blowing over big rigs.

Karen, I've never been able to do a hula hoop. I can't whistle either. My daughter gets a kick out of the fact that she can do something I can't. Anyway, hula hoopin' is a fun change for your workout. I used to love to play with my son's skip-it. That was a great workout too. Also, I loved the pics of your babies in their Easter clothes. They are so precious.

Noelle, I hope the dog remains your's since your so attached to her. My husband had to go to work yesterday, because they had a stray dog on the high school grounds. They guys thought it may have rabies because it had a foaming mouth. My daughter went with him, and she was a little upset because one of the police officers was going to shoot the dog with his gun, but they were able to catch it without it. My daughter is so much like you and Angie, when it comes to animals.

Dips, you always manage to make me laugh. Guys just don't think like we do. My husbands wonderful day consists of climbing rocks in his 4x4. I can think of a thousand other things I'd rather do like shop, shop, shop, see a movie, etc. I hope school is going well for you. How many semesters do you have left?

Angie, it's so great to see you back of the board. I've really missed you, and once again, I admire you for the great start. I'm still attending ww, but not really losing. Anyway, there's one lady who was having so much trouble dropping the weight, and she stopped eating her exercise points, and the weight started coming off. Oh, and I love Dirty Dancing too. I have Dirty Dancing 1 on VHS (yes, I still have VHS) and Dirty Daning 2 on DVD, and I even have the music cd. After I read your posts, I have an incredible urge to watch the DD movies.

Kemp, I hope your back is healing. When my back hurts, my Chiropracter tells me 20 minutes ice, and 40 minutes heat, and keep repeating that. It seems to help.

Cal, please adopt a 45 year girl to go on vacations with you. lol. I've never been on a cruise, but would love to go on one. Did you get those horrible winds in AZ that we had here?

Virgo, I haven't watched the PBS special yet, but you've really explained it for me. I'll have to try to find out when it's on again. The only show I really like to watch on PBS (other than Curious George & Barnie with my granddaughter) is Antique Road Show. I love see what people's old stuff is worth. It just amazes me.

Have a great afternoon everyone. I'll try to check back in soon.

Karen31
04-16-2007, 06:00 PM
Hello Everyone,
WOW!! It's snowing here again!!! I don't think we are going to have a Spring this year-- just straight to Summer!! Yesterday it was 60 degrees here!!

Noelle I'm getting anxious to see you new addition to the family!! In fact, I've never seen the pictures of Lucky or Kai either. I'll be watching for them.

CW, I have Dirty Dancing 1 on VHS and also Dirty Dancing 2 on DVD. I like the first one best and I should probably see about getting it on DVD if I can or have someone do it for me. I hate to have anything happen to it!!!

:carrot: YEA!!! Kempyd has a hole in her yard!!! I feel so excited for you!! I can't wait to see pictures of it. That has got to be fun!!

Angie -- I'll bet you are getting tired of all the snow too!! I would be happy if it would just snow on Christmas eve and then be done!!

Virgo-- I like doing the hula hoop and it is fun. I know back when I was like 15 (Many moons ago) I used to have 2 on my waist, 2 on each arm and one on my neck and keep them all going! Not anymore!! I'm happy just to be able to do the one!!!

Dips, Have you dried out yet? I don't like all the snow but at least we can shovel it out of the way.. I wouldn't want that much rain either.. Guess we are all going to have to move to Arizona and see Cal!!

That "Fat" show is going to be on PBS again here in the morning (2:00am) I have set the DVR to record it. I'll watch it but dont think I would find it very interesting at all at 2:00am!!

Ok well, guess I'll get going again for now. I'll probably check back later this evening.. Have a good evening everyone. Karen

Kempyd
04-16-2007, 07:03 PM
Here are a few pics of the large crater we have in the yard. There will be many more to come.

Karen31
04-16-2007, 07:10 PM
That looks so Nice!! My Dad has a pool but nothing near that big!! I think it starts out at about 3 feet and just goes to 8 feet. It is really old and needs lots of updating.. I think my brother is going to do a lot of that this year.. I hope it is up and running when we go back on vacation!!

Dips'n'twists
04-16-2007, 11:27 PM
KEMPY- Ya pool is hot to death:D guess who's coming over!

CW- Nice to see you! I guess i can only think of one activity my BF and I love equally ;) Other than that we're like night and day!

Karen- I'm with you girl! lets go out and get some sun! Well it is kinda drying out here no rain right this moment but tomorrow is unpredictable:o BTW There was a dirty dancing 2?? who would do such a thing?

Noelle- You are such a saint with these animals. I don't know how I would feel about a stray. I think hey are a lil different here in NY :lol:

calnative
04-16-2007, 11:58 PM
CW: Yes, we did have those awful winds here last Thursday...and rain. Every vehicle here looked like it had been out mud bogging. I lucked out because I had to take my car to the dealer on Saturday to get some work done, and they washed my car. I didn't have to wait in the huge lines at the car wash.

Noelle: It's great that you may have a new member of the family. Ashley keeps wanting to bring in every stray she sees. I did take my walk this morning. I went out at 5am with the dog for 1/2 hour. I felt great all day. I'm going to try to make this a habit every day.

Angie: I hope Spring comes soon for you. I can't even imagine having deer coming into the yard. Our problem wild animal is the coyote; though we don't see them anywhere near our neighborhood, I do see them once in awhile when I'm driving to or from school.

Dips: Take care and keep dry. I hope your school projects don't keep you locked up too long.

Kempy: The shape of the pool looks great. You're going to have so much fun. Is your back better?

Karen: I keep telling Angie she should come out here and visit (during winter of course). I don't recommend summer (July or August) to anyone, unless I don't want to see them anymore! We cooled off today a little...only 74 degrees, but we're supposed to be back up to near 90 by the weekend. What a crazy Spring.

Have a great evening everyone.

Cal

FatToFitVirgo
04-17-2007, 01:51 AM
I've been kinda sloughing off lately, and I'm wondering what each of you finds motivating, to help get yourself moving when you aren't in the mood?
My 40th HS reunion is coming up June 23rd--and I want to be at 187. It's an arbitrary number, I know, but it's motivating to me. In the summer of 1998 I was last there; that's the lowest I've been in nine years! So I feel like if I can get down there by then (below 190!), I will have accomplished something--and have hope for getting below that! Help, ladies, help!! :carrot: :carrot:

angieME
04-17-2007, 09:46 AM
Good Morning. We didnt get hit too hard yesterday. It rained all day and then turned to snow last night but we still didnt get too much. It is windy but that is about all for our area. That is good. :lol:

Kempy, Nice Pool. How did they dig it without making a huge mess? It looks so neat and tidy? The dogs are going to love it!!

Noelle, I cant wait to see pics of your new baby.

Cal, We have alot of coyotes living in the woods behind our streets but they dont seem to leave the fields. My son sees them on his way home from his friends house at night hanging out in the fields. I am surprised they havent followed them down to all of our houses. I tend to watch the pups at night when I let them out to pee in the yard.

Virgo, my motivation right now is our Christmas Vacation.I want to be under 200 when we go so I will be alot ore comfortable than I am now. My ultimate motivation is the tummy tuck (and maybe boob job) I am going to get when I get to goal. :lol:

CW, Hi! I am happy to talk to you again. I am glad your parents are okay. That would be scary to have winds that bad.

Kempyd
04-17-2007, 09:57 AM
Good morning guys. They are here guniting the pool so it is kind of loud outside. I hope they finish before the rain starts.

Dips you can come on down and swim anytime you want. I can't guarantee it will be as fun as Miami but we have been known to have some good parties. :D

Karen I have no idea how deep it is going to be. Right now it looks like it is about 7 feet but they are spraying and I am sure that will make it less. I read what you wrote about the dog getting away. How funny is that? Little dog and a few big men can't catch it. I bet a woman would have been able to get him. They were probably scaring the poor thing to death.

Virgo unfourtunatly you are asking the wrong person here about motivation. I should be using the pool as it but for some reason I just don't have any right now. I am thinking that my job will help me thought. It is so busy the time flies so I can see myself not eating as much. That is my big problem.

Cal my back is better. Everytime I get an adjustment though it makes it sore so today I am kind of feeling it. I am being very careful though about what I do around here. It seems to be doing better and I don't want to agravate that. Cool about teh dealership washing it. I wonder if you can always schedule that for when you have a dust storm. I am so glad that I am able to pull the car in the garage now. The truck didn't fit and it got so dirty. Now, I should be able to keep the car cleaner than I did the truck. That is Joe's baby now. :D

Angie you you are just rocking along. I really need you down here to keep me going. Although, I think we would chat too much to exercise. They dug it with an excavator. You should see the side of the yard that they drove on to take the dirt out. WHAT A MESS. We were just getting the grass the way we wanted it and now we are going to have to start over. Oh well. It will be worth it.

I am only home for a bit this morning. I am not feeling the greatest but I really need to go to work. I have something big to learn today and I don't want to miss it. I might just go in for that and then leave. I hate to do that so early in the job but I don't want to get everyone sick either. Plus, one of the ladies wanted to come over today for electrolysis. I think I am going to have to resch. that too.

Noelle where are you girl?

Kempyd
04-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Oh yeah, this is AWESOME that we have so many posts going on. :cp: I LOVE IT!!!

Karen31
04-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Good Morning,
Well, when I went to bed last night it was raining-- this morning we have about 1 inch of snow again and it is only 28 degrees!! Kempyd-- your pool is sounding nicer and nicer!! I talked to my brother in MO. last night, he is living at my Dad's since my Dad is still living at my sisters. I don't think my Dad will ever be able to live alone again. But anyway, my brother said he has a "pool man" coming out today to see what it would cost to maintain the pool through the Summer. My brother is a professor at Missouri Southern and just doesn' have the time to do all that has to be done to maintain it. It will be so nice to get the pool up and running this year. The last 2 years my Dad didn't even fill it because it is just to much for an 87 year old to do everyday, and he just wouldn't spend the money to have someone else to do it.

Kempyd, have you tried the massage cushion for your back? I love mine and it is like they have "fingers" in there just really massaging deep. And unlike my hubby--- they don't get tired!!

Angie-- it sounds like you are doing great!! I haven't done my walk this morning-- still playing here!! But I will get that in before to much longer.

Virgo--- You can do this!!! I know this may sound silly but I like to watch "All My Children" and it comes on here at 11:00am. So I always get my walks in before that. A couple times I was messing around and didn't get it done before I would be finished at 11:00 so I jsut said to myself--- Too Bad-- you know you have to walk before you can watch TV!! I told you it sounded silly but it works for me!! I really want to be "real close" to my goal weight when we go on vacation in September so I also use that as a carrot dangling in front of me!!

Hi Cal-- The heat and humidity is the reason we have decided to go back to MO. and PA. in September this year. We usually go in June but decided to stay here this year where it isn't so hot and NO humidity!! Might as well stay at home where the Summer is nice!! HA!

Dips-- The Dirty Dancing 2 is Havana Nights and all though it is a good movie it isn't nearly as good as the first one!! When I start to feel "unmotivated" I can put the first movie in and it just energizes me!! I don't think I will ever get tired of that movie!!

Well, guess that is about all for now.. Better get that walk in. Karen

Karen31
04-17-2007, 11:22 AM
I just got this in an email and thought it was so beautful I wanted to share. Karen

http://parentswish.com/

melekalikimaka
04-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Good morning ladies. Oh my gosh Karen, that made me cry. If my son wasn't watching me I'd be bawling up a storm. I think it was the music as well as the meaning of the slide show. My mom loves that song and asked me to play that at her funeral when the day comes. :( Thanks for sharing that, that was heart wrenching for me. I have to remember to be patient w/my parents as they are having some aging issues. I never understood how much they loved me until I had a child of my own. WOW.

OK, I'm getting a grip... :lol:

Well, the dog is ours. Her name is Chloe and we spent almost $500 at the vet w/the exams, tests and xrays. I will try to get into the office today to get pictures uploaded. I was busy all day yesterday with cleaning up and doing laundry. I had to empty Rick's side of the closet and wash everything because there was a leak from the upstairs plumbing that just made a big, nasty mess. I am still dealing with it today and may have to rip out some carpeting but for the most part the worst is over :crossed:.

I have to get the boy to school. I'll be back later to chat more. LOVE THE POSTS here. Keep it up ladies.

Karen31
04-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Hi Noelle, I didn't mean to make you cry! I just thought it was so nice and the thoughts behind it really make you think. I know my Dad is 87 and still living at my sisters. I don't think he will ever be able to go back to his own home by himself again. My Mom has been gone about 5 years now and we just barely got back to MO. in time. I don't think she really knew we were there, although she did squeeze my hand when I talked to her.

Anyway, I just thought it was a really nice way to look at things. So SMILE AGAIN!! :)

Glad you decided to keep the Chloe! I'm sure she will be so happy there. What do the other dogs think about her? I'm still watching for pictures.

You have a good night and I'll catch you later. Karen

melekalikimaka
04-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Hey ladies, am I the first one here on this hump-day? Well, I finally remembered to bring my camera in to the office so I could upload some pics of my Black Dog Gang. I didn't get a good picture of Selena (Lena) my mom's chichuahua-terrier mix because she's kind of a scaredy cat and runs away when I get the camera. I'll try again for her later.

The pictures show 1) Chloe (the new dog) and her new "little sister" Lucky; 2) Kai (big brother), Chloe, and Lucky; 3) Just Chloe.

We got so attached to her I think because she fits right in with our other black (or almost black) dogs. Lucky is actually a shade of dark brown all around.

melekalikimaka
04-18-2007, 05:24 PM
Karen, you don't need to apologize for my emotional state :lol: I get teary-eyed about a lot of things :rolleyes: I like that other email you sent too, I had the sound turned up kind of loud so it made me jump :lol:

Kempy, are you feeling any better today? Are you allergic to work already??? ;) What kind of car did you get? I want details. Oh yeah, and you don't have to make excuses about not going to work just because you wanted to stay home and watch your hunky workmen working on the pool. Those are cool pics by the way, they do it really quick don't they? I better get to losing this weight so I can come over and swim without shame....yeah right :lol:

How are you other ladies today? Cal, Virgo, Dips, Angie, cw? Hope you are having a really good one.

Karen31
04-18-2007, 05:55 PM
Hi Noelle,
My goodness the three dogs look like they have always been together!! I'll bet Chloe is very thankfull that you have her now. They look like they could all be brothers and sisters from the same litter. I don't know what it is about chihuahuas --- my sisters runs and hides everytime the camera comes out. I have caught a couple pics of her but they are very rare.

It was so foggy here this morning you couldn't see anything. Looked like a scary movie!! But it all cleared up and we have about 60 degrees this afternoon! I've been kind of goofing off today... I did get my walk in but that was about it. Just decided to be lazy today I guess. Tomorrow I will get busy and play catch up to what I didn't get done today!

Where is everybody today?? It's been real quiet!

Hope everyone is doing OK and all is well. I'll catch you all later. Karen

angieME
04-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Hi. We took Alicia to see Disturbia this afternoon. It was a really good movie. We want to go see Vacancy this weekend. I ate a salad at Wendys for lunch and a nice healthy supper at home so I am good to go today. Yeah!!! :cheer:

We have been trying to find a nice soft high fat food for my himalayan, Meanie. He is 15 and has been steadily losing weight but eating the same as always. He doesnt weigh anything and is skinny as can be. He acts the same as always and eats just as much as always. I dont know if he is just old and it is getting to be his time or what. I bought him some soft canned foods today and I have been cooking extra chicken and hamburger every night for him to have.

Noelle, Chloe is so pretty. I agree with Karen they all look like they came from the same litter. You guys are awesome for keeping her and giving her a good home!!!! :cheer:

Karen, Congrats on getting your walk in. :congrat: I am going to go for a short one in a minute myself I think.

Kempy, Are you having fun drooling over the pool guys today? :swim:

Dips'n'twists
04-18-2007, 11:10 PM
Karen- What a touching video. So powerful. I like to think of my parents as imortal. I want them to be just as they are forever and ever. I can't imagine being without either of them

Kempy- I'll be over this summer!

Virgo- I hear what you're saying about loss of motivation. I been eating very well but I haven't worked out in about a week. For some reason I can't will myself out of bed in the morning to run. I know the rain kept me in at first but I could have run these past two days and just didn't. Work and school has me burnt out and I grab every opportunity to sleep.

Angie- I want to plump Niko up a bit too. He is so thin for a yorkie. I want him to be a little thicker. I want to trade metabolisms with him :lol:

Noelle- What a lovely family of doggies you have. They are all so beautiful.

Now for my rant::tantrum:

In an effort to punish my BF for the whole Car Show thing I am actually punishing myself. I haven't seen him in about 2 weeks because i wanted to teach him a lesson (this is supposed to go on for another 2 weeks) but now I'm suffering but I don't really want to call him but I don't think I can hold out much longer. I can't stand him. I guess I'll give him a call tommorow. I hate giving in but whatever. Gotta do what i gotta do ;) right?

TTYL

cwneeds2lose
04-18-2007, 11:18 PM
Noelle, I agree with the others. Chloe looks so much like the others. They are so adorable. I also know what you mean about the crying. I cry over commercials, especially the Hallmark commericals. They get me every time.:cry:

Karen, 60 today. I'm surprised you're not outside soaking up the sun. I'm not a sun goddess. I might melt. lol.

Angie, do you give your animals a dewormer? It's just a thought on why she might be losing weight.

FatToFitVirgo
04-19-2007, 02:40 AM
:D Okay--Hello, EVERYBODY:calnative, cwneeds2lose (sorry I mistakenly addressed you as 'c&w' in a previous post), Kempyd, Karen31, angieME, Dips'n'Twists, melekalikimaka, and cherie (whom I don't think I've met yet):What a really great collection of women we are! We truly are from all over the country!

I was just musing over the fact I started here not quite a month ago. Already I've lost over 5 pounds (the last couple days things are not so hot--but I feel confident the direction'll change back soon). I like reading about what you each individually do to help yourself "work it down" (the weight, that is).

calnative, the early walk with your dog for a half hour sounds like an almost effortless way to get some exercise in. Admittedly, that first (major!) hurdle of getting up earlier to get out, is a big pain. But once you're out--how lovely: it's quiet, you get to see flowers and hear birds--things that usually escape us once our day gets really under way. And since you're in Phoenix, that's the time before the heat of the day really starts in. Sounds pretty ideal to this shivery Midwesterner!

Dips'n'Twists, you and I will have to follow cal's good example and start to get up earlier! We both know the earlier hour is better for us--and we even like it, once we're out--but the hard part is getting there. Plus when the day starts earlier, we get more done. Let's be good and do that! You can think better once that exercise gets done, you know it's true! (Getting to bed earlier is also easier said than done--and I love my sleep, too!)

cw, I'm not a sun goddess, either! Some years ago, I discovered both my arms and the area from under my throat to my bodice (in otherwords, the skin exposed in summer just wearing normal short sleeved tops) is allergic to the sun. So either I have to slather myself in sunscreen in order not to itch later, and/or I wear a long-sleeved shirt as a kind of summer 'wrap'. What a pain in the #%+! I actually look forward to fall and its cooler temps. Do you mind my asking whether you're in southern or northern California?

Kempyd, you're another one of these lucky ladies living in the warmer climes! My sister lives near Dallas, so I know what it's like there. What a beautiful home you have! You're so lucky you'll get to enjoy that big, beautiful pool when it's finally done. How's your back? Does it hurt when you drive--I sure hope not! Maybe swimming will help strengthen some of those supporting muscles. Does your chiropractor have any suggestions? Sure hope you're feeling better soon.

melekalikimaka, you compassionate soul! Everyone's right--Chloe does indeed look like she belongs to the same litter! My husband, like you, is an offshoot of St.Francis. When we got together, he had five pets! Two birds (ring-necked doves), two cats, and a dog! I went from zero pets to five! Animal-wise, that was like going "from 0 to 75 mph"! If we didn't have a good fenced-in yard where we could just let the dog out, I might have gotten some exercise in with him. But nope--all I had to do was open the front door, then wait till he let me know he was done! He was already in his teens, so he wasn't much of a runner anymore, anyway. Are you able to get any exercise in with your pack o' poochies? Or, like me, do you have an area where they go & you don't have to do much (except clean up, darn it!)?

angieME, hope your Meanie's okay. If he's 15 and thinning down, I know you aren't running with him, any more than I did with old Jesse. Were you able to get your walk in today? I'm not asking as a nag, but in the hope that somebody did better than I did today! I ate healthy, too, but while I can watch a video on the computer, I can't write emails and exercise at the same time. That's a real problem for me.

Karen, my dear friend--you who helped me link up to this site when I was so frustrated, I very nearly left 3FC & never came back. Let's keep helping one another remember why we came here in the first place! Thank you for your encouragement, I really need it. I don't want to stay fat the rest of my life, I DO want to "GET BACK TO SEXY!!"

Cherie, I saw your name mentioned recently, so I know you're "out there", even if I haven't met you posting here yet. Do come back and join us--we're here to support each other. I don't know you, so I don't know what your issues are (we've all got 'em!). But I know what it means to feel disgusted with myself for not doing all I can to get myself back in shape. I made myself a promise today that I would remember what the 3FC site is for: mutual support in our very real fight to get back to ourselves. To that I pledge my support to all of you, to all of us. We not only want, we need to get back to our better, healthier selves.

I sure can't write this long most of the time. So I'll apologize in advance now.
When I just do 'little bits', it's to say "HI!" and keep in touch. Maybe I won't be able to mention everyone every time. But it won't be for lack of caring.
LET'S BE OUR HEALTHIEST, SEXY SELVES, LADIES!!

LOVE YOU!!
Virgo

angieME
04-19-2007, 08:18 AM
Good Morning!!! Can you believe that it is actually sunny here today? YEAH!!! The weatherman says that by Monday we MAY hit 70. I hope so.

Dips, I hate saying sorry and caving in first but sometimes ya just gotta. :lol: I totally know why you are too tired to exercise. You work so hard. You are the busiest person I know.

Cw, Nope no worms. I just think he is so old he may be winding down. If I cant get any weight on him in a week or so I will have to run him to the vets. I know they wont be able to help and they will just say he is old. They dont really offer much help when there is something wrong, they like to make you come back a million times, they seem like they are all about making the money on repeat visits but they are the only ones in our area

Virgo, Meanie is my himalayan cat.We got him when my daughter was 6 months old. Yep, I got my walk in. It was nice and there were a ton of deer in the fields watching us. WAY TO GO ON YOUR LOSS!!! :cheer: You have done great!

Okay, time to start the day. I have to get a walk in and make no bakes for the accounts. fun. fun. I will check back later.

Karen31
04-19-2007, 05:46 PM
:cheer: YEA!! NO MORE SANJAYA!!!! :cheer: I just was so happy when he was voted off last night!!! I was beginning to think that he might just make it to the end due to the "vote for the worst" websites out there!! I'm so glad America woke up!! I knew you would be as Happy as me, Noelle. Now I'm thinking that Jordin is coming up fast!! Maybe she just might give Melinda a run for her money there!!

Angie-- Did you get your walk in? I did my 6 miles this morning and was glad to get that done and out of the way before 9:30 this morning!! WHEW!! It always seems kind of hard to get started in the morning but then I'm glad that I did it!

Hey Virgo!! How's it going? :congrat: on the 5 pounds lost!! That really does make you feel good doesn't it!! I love it when the scales go down--- heck I even kinda like it when they don't 'cause at least they didn't go up!!

CW-- It sure will be nice when we can have 60 or 70 degree weather without the cold wind to go with it!! I know the weather is never right for everybody! I'd like to get some outside time in with the "girls" I'm hoping they start up the walking group again before too long.

Dips-- I'm glad that you liked the video. I don't know what to tell you about the BF!! Tim records every NASCAR race that is on!! I'll watch it too I'm sort of a fan of it. But I'd be scared to drive that fast!!

Take care everyone and I'll check back later, Karen

melekalikimaka
04-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Hello ladies, I am waiting for Rick to come into the office so he can take me out to lunch :lol: I stopped by the church office this morning to turn in some papers for my girlfriend, she asked me to be a Godparent to one of her twins and I said yes. I wasn't anticipating this but I had an impromptu interview with one of the parish priests--the stern one :o but it went well and I'm happy I stopped by and we had our little chat. I don't mean to come off as sounding preachy or anything but since we started going back to church my stress level has become manageable...I mean, I still have stress, but I am coping with it better I think, if that makes any sense.

Karen, I'm celebrating there with you too about Sanjaya getting the ole heave ho. I absolutely love Melinda but you're right about Jordin, I think Blake may be in the top 3 as well. Good for you for getting your 6 miles in early on.

Virgo, :cp: way to go on those 5 lbs lost! That is great for a months time. You will get to your goal by your reunion because we will be your personal cheering section here. :cheer2: I used to be able to take my doggies out for walks, almost 3.5 miles daily but I had a knee injury and that stopped for a while. I'm out of physical therapy but I have to take it easy on the knee while it still heals. The most walking I get is going around the block and that only takes me just under 20 minutes. I'm lucky I have a sister who vigilantly walks the dogs--2 on a coupler and one on a separately leash. I'm still afraid that if I do walk one of them they will pull me the wrong way and I will have a new injury. :lol:

Dips, we all hate to do it but sometimes you just gotta give in. Sheesh sister, you can stay away from your man for a month?

Angie, how's Meanie today? That is something that he is as old as Brit. Love the motivation in your posts :goodvibes: I didn't know you were into suspense/horror flicks, I have to wait til they come on DVD before I watch those types of films so I can hit pause or cover my eyes and ears if I get scared. :lol:

cw, I'm with you on avoiding the sun :lol: I guess it's because we live in sunny areas? :sunny:

Cal, I just heard about a bus accident/fire in AZ? Hope that's not affecting any of your school kids or Ashley! Let us know what's going on.

OK Kempy, what are you up to today? Are they done guniting the pool?

Well, I have to finish up some work. Chat w/ya later.

calnative
04-20-2007, 12:52 AM
On my way to bed so this will be short.

Noelle: The bus incident happened in central Phoenix somewhere. Didn't affect my kiddos or Ashley. I'm still trying my best to walk every morning. It's not much, but I guess it's working...I'm down 4 lbs this week.

Angie: I think it would be awesome to walk in the area where you live. I remember driving through your town when we visited you...it was so beautiful.

I'll post more later.
Goodnight everyone.

Cal

angieME
04-20-2007, 08:16 AM
Good Morning girls. We are getting another nice day today. Not much else happening here though. :lol:

Karen, I actually did my 30 minutes on my bike first thing and then when Jay came home he asked if I wanted to go for a walk so I got all of my exercise out of the way before work. :cheer: Of course after work I had to clean the house. yuck. :lol:

Noelle, Actually, I like suspense movies but not horrors. :lol: They always look like they would be good but since Jay is gone in the middle of the night delivering I always will wake up when I hear him leave and then sit there in the dark and think about the scary movie. :lol: So, although Vacancy looks good I am dreading actually watching it. :lol: But, Jay and Alicia are begging. haha

Meanie is doing good. Thanks for asking. He is loving the canned food. I have to babysit him when he eats though because the other cats want his food. :lol:

Cal, I dont really walk around my town anymore because there are so many loose dogs. I go out the back way from my house in by the fields now. Although I think this summer I wont be able to take Rebel with me because the new people across the street have 2 obnoxious acting pittbulls. When they moved in last Fall they would leave for the day and leave the windows open with only a screen holding the dogs in (they barked nonstop). When they are home and we would walk by they would flip out so I can just imagine what this summer is going to be like. I dont want to take a chance on them pushing the screen out and eating Rebel. A few weeks ago we walked by with Rebel and the owner was outside wit them and they were snarling at us and everything.

Well, I should get moving today. I will be back later.

Karen31
04-20-2007, 09:31 AM
Good Morning!
:dance: This morning when I weighed I was down 3 pounds!! YEA!!! :carrot: So at least it is coming off~~~ a little at a time!! Just got to keep up with the walking and the eating right I guess!

Hope everyone has a good day today and I will be back later to see what everyone is up to.

Now I'm going to go :running: !!!

Take care, Karen

melekalikimaka
04-20-2007, 11:52 AM
Good morning and TGIF! :broc: I am weighing in this morning then have a dental appointment, then off to work... not a very good Friday plan. I'm going to try and walk a little further today, but I'm not pushing it just yet.

Way to go Karen on those 3 lbs! :high: Persistence pays off :dancer: 25 lbs down woman, you are positively shrinking!

Cal, congrats on your 4 lbs! :cb: I admire you in getting up early to exercise.

Angie, I hate dog irresponsible dog owners. Have the pits ever broken out before? I totally know what you mean about having to change your route just because of stuff like that, it sucks. I still want to see the movie Shooter w/Mark Wahlberg. My girlfriend says she has a pirate DVD of the movie 300 so we may go to her house this weekend for a girls night out and watch all those half naked men :lol:

Well, gotta get ready for the day. Chat later. Everyone have a good one.

angieME
04-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Karen, AWESOME JOB on your 3 pound loss!!! :carrot: :congrat: You Rock!!!

Noelle, I wanted to see Shooter too but I will wait until it comes out on DVD I guess. Have fun with your friends watching all the half naked men. :lol: :devil:

The owners moved here last Fall so we didnt have too many really hot days with the windows all the way open, mostly half ways and I didnt walk by on those days. They work all day until dark too so the dogs just sit in the window and bark at nothing. There is mostly older people who live on my street so I imagine that animal control will have to be called this summer because it is very annoying to listen too all day. I just hope they dont break out because my cats like to sun on the front lawn. :mad:

melekalikimaka
04-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Whew, what a morning! I went to my WI and was down 1.4 lbs this week so I'm glad about that! :dancer: Then I headed off to the dentist. I am having cosmetic work done to change my fillings to white, my mouth is still numb but it is wearing off and I can feel a dull ache since they did the top and bottom of the right side. Ugh. I am trying hard not to drool on my desk--it's lunch time and I didn't even get to eat breakfast neither. I'm waiting til the anesthesia wears off because I'll probably bite my tongue. :p

Angie, that is too bad about the dogs, poor things all neurotic and barking and cooped up all day. I bet they don't even get to go out for walks either huh? My neighbor has a neurotic chihuahua that lives on their porch and he barks at EVERYTHING.

Well, I guess I should get some work done. Man, I am starving... :crazy:

angieME
04-20-2007, 05:47 PM
YEAH NOELLE!!!!! Way to go on your LOSS!!!! :carrot:

melekalikimaka
04-20-2007, 05:50 PM
:encore:

Kempyd
04-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Ok, this job is going to stink if I can't chat with you guys everyday. It took me 30mins to get caught up.

Virgo my back doesn't hurt when I drive. It is doing much better now but I can still turn wrong and throw it out again. So, I am very careflu with everythign I do, even loading the dishwasher. You are such a good poster and congrats on the loss. That is awesome.

Noelle and Angie unfourtunatly the guys here are not hunky. I guess I was only lucky with that in LA. So, that doesn't make for much fun watching the pool being built. The gunite is done and they are having to let it cure. I think next week they will be back to do more stuff. Until then it is a mess back there.

Karen I swear you need to live by me. I need you to motivate me. I do have the dogs to walk a few time a day now sice we ahve part of the fence down. That has to be good for something. But I am PMSy and I am sure I am holding water so I am not going to get on the scale until that is over.

Dips YOU CAN DO IT!!! BE STRONG GIRL!! You make that man crawl! :D

I know I don't post much and Ihave to make this one short since I need to figure out something for dinner. I am going to post over the weekend too so I will be able to stay up to dat at least for a few days.

Karen31
04-20-2007, 06:18 PM
Good Afternoon!

Cal-- Congratulations on the 4 pounds lost!!! :bravo: :dance: :cheer2: Doesn't that feel good when there is a loss shown??? I love that but have decided that I have to accept that it might not happen every week. Butas long as it doesn't go up I'll stay happy!!

Angie, if you get enough people to call animal control they may make those people do something to make sure that the people in the neighborhood are safe and can feel good about walking in their own neighborhood. Maybe they need to be informed a little about how to take care of their animals!! I know uo in Aurora, Colorado now they aren't allowed to have pit bulls in the city limits at all!! And some that were there before this law went in to effect have to wear muzzles at all times when they are outside. There have been to many bad incidents with pit bulls. They really scare me.

YEA!! NOELLE!!! Great job on your weigh in this morning!! :cheer: :broc: That is really good especiallysince you haven't really been able to do to much in the way of exercising lately.. Good Job!!

Kempyd, You've got a lot going on there right now so I would try not to worry so much. Everything will fall into place and then you will speed up and pass everybody!! You'll have that pool to "play" in everyday and it won't even seem like exercise!! I think that would be wonderful to be able to do that and now even think of it as exercise. Ofcourse I would probably be the one that sits on the floating chair with a nice pina colada!!! Mmmmmmm!!!!

Well, guess I'd better go and get finsihed up around here with a few things and I'll get back to everybody later.

Hello to everyone else that I missed and I'll try to catch you later tonight. Karen

angieME
04-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Hi I am just getting back from my afternoon walk. The dogs were in the window spazzing out. It is the older brown one that I am scared of, he gets into a frenzy and gets the other one (a pup last year) all worked up and then he will bite him and knock him down. It is that behavior that makes me think he would do something to another animalif he is loose.

The deer are out right now and it is daylight still. We told them to saty away from out shrubs tonight. :lol:

Kempy, that is too bad they arent hunky. I cant wait to see pics of the pool all done. Do you have to wait a while to do the patio cement around it? Up here they make everyone wait one year before doing anything for a patio so it can all settle that way it doesnt sink.

Karen, I dont really agree with the cities being able to ban breeds like that. It isnt fair to the good ones. My Mom had 3 Rotties. (The mom one died a couple years ago of old age but she has her 2 pups that are now old. ) Anyhow they are the best dogs I have ever seen. They were all raised with my kids since they were little and they kept an eye out for them when they would play outside. They followed them everywhere and would let them ride on them etc. :lol: I am scared of ones that act like my neighbors though.

Well, I am going to go enjoy the weather some more. Did I tell you guys it hit 70 today? YEAH!!!! Tomorrow and Sunday are going to be the same and now they say almost 80 for Monday. YIPPEEE!!! Maybe spring is actually here.

FatToFitVirgo
04-21-2007, 02:44 AM
Hello, ladies!

angie:Good work! 30 min on your bike yesterday, with the afternoon walks--in spite of those neighbor dogs. I agree that banning breeds isn't the answer, training the owners is. Unfortunately, that's easier said than done. Yay--down 6, 4 to go! :queen:

cal, how're your early morning walks going? Yay--down 4! :carrot: :carrot:

cw,I've got a cousin in Berkeley. Don't know what part of sunny California you're in, but it sure is a beautiful state! I've only been there three times, but I enjoyed it very much. :beach: Yay for all your effort!!:sunny:

dips, my dear, none of us here knows your NASCAR-loving boyfriend like you do. He must be someone special for you to enjoy his company! Just remember that at this age, your real job is to prepare yourself for your future. That's why you're working so hard toward your degree, after all.:book2:
It's not easy to balance emotional stuff with all the heavy-duty study you have to do for your classes. All of us here support you, remember that. :hug: Yay for all your hard work!

karen: Yay--6 miles yesterday, down 3# to 164, for a to-date total of 25!! You rock!!! :broc: :cheers: :carrot:

kempy,Yay! 6 pounds!! :trampo: Good thing you're being careful. That way when all the poolwork is finished, like Karen points out, it won't even be feeling like exercise! :swim:

mele, Yay!! You're just above 'The Big 2'!! Congrats!:goodscale

Everyone, thanks for your support and encouragement--right back atcha!!

angieME
04-21-2007, 07:22 AM
Good Morning. It is weigh day for me. I am down another 2.3 pounds this week. That is pretty good. :lol:

Cal, I am so sorry ( I get rambling and forget half of what I want to say to everyone) , I didnt even say how proud of you I was on your 4 POUND LOSS!!!! WAY TO GO!!! :carrot:

Virgo, Hi. Have you got anything fun planned for this weekend?

Kempyd
04-21-2007, 10:17 AM
WooHoo look at me. I am here on the weekend. I am going to go shopping for work clothes today. All I have is jeans and I really can't wear that to work so I have to find some other things. I am not a big fan of clothes shopping since everything usually fits me funky but I have to have something. I don't think they want me going to work naked. :yikes:

Virgo I didn't lose 6 lbs but I will take it if you said I did. :D I am just pushing for no gain right now of where I am at this moment.

Anige I knew you had it in you! See, you should not have been gone for so long. How are things going with Brit?

Noelle I meant to tell you that the dogs are SO CUTE! I really need to live on a farm b/c I would take in every animal that I saw without a home. Joe is the same way so at least I would still have my marriage going too.

I need to hop in the shower to get ready to shop. I'll check back once I get home.

melekalikimaka
04-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Good morning ladies. We went out to dinner last night at Ruby Tuesday's and I tried to order healthy but I'm just now checking their website for nutrition info and holy cow! It's a good thing I only ate half my meal! I ordered Chicken Fresco w/steamed broccoli and white cheddar mashed potatoes. Turns out the whole meal is around 29 points. And now that I look online they show a 'smart choices' section which wasn't on their print menu, what's up w/that? I wish I known. Well, I'll plan better next time. I need to go walk around the block to burn off a few extra calories! Still, that's better than 41 pts for a rack of ribs that I really wanted--and that's just the points for the ribs, not including the sides. *sigh*

Angie, way to go girl! Congrats on your loss!!! Kempy's right you know, you shouldn't stay away so long. :hug: What are you guys doing this weekend?

Virgo, thanks for being such a great cheer leader yourself. What's going on in Chicago today? I visited your fair city once w/3 of my sisters. It was an amazing experience with all the museums so close by. I especially loved the Art Institute and the Museum of Science and Industry. I want to go back just thinking about it all.

Kempy, I'd love to go shopping w/you in a "mainland" mall (as we call it :lol: ). Hope you can find some great stuff. Have you gone out and about checking out what your new town has to offer?

Karen, how are you today? You know I'd be right there next with you floating around in Kempy's pool except I'd probably have a mojito or a margarita in hand :lol:

Dips, did you end your suffering and call the man? :devil:

cw, how's the weekend coming along for you?

Cal, hope you have a relaxing weekend. Anything fun going on?

I have to get some laundry going. Have a good weekend, hope to chat more later.

FatToFitVirgo
04-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Hey, ladies!!

I probably won't be online tomorrow, since we're having company.

When I started here I weighed 211,:goodscale and today I'm 203! The last week I've been going between 203-205, but it's finally feeling more securely 203, so I'm going to claim it.

That means in this last month that I've been using FitDay, and exercising, as well as eating more intelligently, less emotionally, and coming here--I've lost eight pounds!! Woohoo!!

Thanks for your encouragement--that's why I cheerlead back! I love getting to know you, but I make myself remember why we're coming here. I really want to live up to the name I gave myself: Fat To Fit Virgo. I'm tired of being fat, tired of looking at the bulges in the mirror and worse, still on my body when I look away from the mirror! I'm in my mid-50's and can't screw around anymore taking care of my health. My mother died a month and a half shy of her 60th birthday! She was skinny, and a smoker from the age of 14. I always hated her cigarettes, so I never became a smoker. But I've been carrying this weight for the last 18 years, and I've already had a few bouts of pains in my chest. Fortunately, they weren't heart attacks. But it's been too close for comfort.

I'll be seeing my doctor on Friday (4-27) for my annual checkup. I hope my cholesterol's down more by then. I really don't want to start taking cholesterol-lowering meds. I already take daily blood pressure (BP) & thyroid meds. Enough already! I wish I hadn't been so blase' this last year about eating and exercise--till the last month!

Oh well--at least I won't be going in at 211!

Have a great weekend, ladies!! Love you all!!

Virgo

Karen31
04-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Good Afternoon!!

Angie, I agree that cities shouldn't be able to ban breeds but when there are so many people that are so irresponsible that makes it hard for everyone. I've been jumped before by 2 Rotties and they were in the house when I was walking by with a Sheltie and a toy poodle that I had. They hit that door and were out on the sidewalk faster than the owners could do anything. I grabbed the toy poodle and put him behind my back and covered up my Sheltie with the rest of my body. It was scary but thank goodness no one really got hurt. The police dept. then did come and tell the people that this was a warning and they would usually give out 3 warnings before the dogs were taken away from them because they didn't show that they were responsible owners.
I know though, that any dog can be vicious if they aren't taken care of properly. EVEN pomeranians!!
I'm just thinking maybe these people need to have animal control come out and let them know that there are people in the neighborhood who are concerned about walking. Maybe a few warnings from them would make them do something to make sure people would be safe.

Virgo--- Congrats on the 8 pounds!!! It just makes you feel so good and makes you want to keep going! I love it!!!

Kempyd-- sounds like your pool is coming along good. I can't wait to see the pictures of it when it is finished!! I know you will be glad when the mess is all done and you can have things fixed around just the way you like.

Noelle, we are having kind of a lazy day today.. that is after we got back from getting groceries--- that is always so depressing!! $150 and nothing good to eat!! :( We have almost 70 degrees today!! YEA!! :carrot: But of course the wind is blowing and that makes it feel pretty cool!

Dips, cw, Cal--- how's your weekend doing? Sure hope everyone is having a good one.

Virgo-- my brother is in Chicago now. He left MO. yesterday morning and will be there until Monday or Tuesday on some kind of college business. He is a professor and MSSU.

Well, guess I'd better get going. I still need to get some stuff done even if I'm making this a lazy day!! Karen

angieME
04-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Okay, I just typed a LONG post and lost it!!!

We went to see Vacancy today and it was the same as the previews. Nothing new really. :lol:

I was supposed to go to Virginia today for my week away with Jay :devil: but we spent the money getting a bigger truck. I wished I was there though.:mad:

Kempy, Funny you ask about Brit. Her probation ends next month and she gets a little mouthier every day but to make matters worse Corey is following in her footsteps and acting just like her. We are going to be screwed next month. It is disgusting having to deal with 2 of them now. :(

Noelle, Isnt it always surprising to see how many calories and fat grams they can get into a simple meal at a restaurant? I am always surprised when I try to plan on going out. Good Job on not taking the ribs though. mmmmm......ribs. I think we should all plan a meet up at Kempy's house. We can all get drunk and tan out by her pool. :lol: :cheers: :swim:

Virgo, 8 Pounds is awesome!!! :carrot: You are doing so well!!! Have fun with your company.

Karen, Holy cow I would have died!!! Did the owners come out and help you?:( I had that happen to me last Fall with another pit. He saw me walking all 3 of my dogs and charged out after us. He was circling us and my dog Mickey only likes his brother and sister(Rebel and Candy) so he was growling at him and I saw his life flash before my eyes. I was screaming and when she got her dog I left crying the whole walk. She came down later to apologize for him getting out and to tell me that he didnt have any teeth. He was abused before they got him.

Okay, I think I got it all back. Have a good weekend.

Kempyd
04-21-2007, 06:38 PM
I promised I would be here and here I am. I had a GREAT shopping time. I found lots of stuff and the mall I go to is an outlet mall so it was all at good prices. That makes it so much better. Now, I can actually look somewhat professional while I am there. I am just going to ahve to make sure that I keep buying clothes for work not just bummin' clothes.

It is awesome to see almost everyone here on a Saturday.

Virgo YOU ROCK!!!! I bet you are going to get some good news from your doc. My hubby has to go have his checked in a few months and he has been working pretty hard to get those numbers down.

Karen I have a love hate relationship with the grocery. :lol: We have a really cool one here that offers lots of organic and natural stuff so that seems to be where my money goes. Of course they have all sorts of cool junk food too to go along with that. Since Joe isn'e home this weekend I can stay out of there and not spend any extra money. I am good with a bowl of cereal for dinner.

Noelle we found a mix for mojoitos that is great. It is in a bag and you just add the rum and water and shake and then put it in the freezer. Talk about good and easy. I have a feeling Joe and I will be having those over the summer. I will think of you all while I am floating. :D The only cool place I have found is the outlet mall. That place takes up most of my time. I could drive into Houston and go to the Galllariea (sp). That place is hugh and has all of the high end stores too. I have to have plenty of money to shop there.

Angei i hate to say it but my girls are the barkers too. In fact Rhea is barking at someone right now through the window. i am sure that if I let them out they would tear often them like they were going to kill. I have not done that thought b/c I don't want to scare someone for no reason. I am sure that Echo would just lick someone to death but I don't want to take any chances.

Ok, I need to go find some diner. I'll chat later.

calnative
04-22-2007, 01:08 AM
Weekend is going great so far. Ashley went to a friend's b-day party and it turned into a sleepover. Hubby and I had a nice day together; we went to the mall (his idea believe it or not) and then to Buca di Beppo's for lunch.
My walk today consisted of one end of the mall to the other...twice and them 30 minutes this evening with the dog. I feel great. Yesterday was the only day I missed this week for walking. This morning I didn't go because it was raining and that's why I went this evening instead.
I sure hope I can keep this up. Only 7 weeks until vacation and I really want to drop close to 25 lbs.

Cal

Kempyd
04-22-2007, 10:37 AM
Good morning Earth! I am very disapointed in the Houston paper this morning. I was looking forward to reading about Earth day stuff and instead I got about 2 pages of it. For such a big city I would think they would have more. I try to do my share to save the earth and I like to read about what is going on and the good things that people are doing. I think I am going to email them about this.

What are you guys up to for today? I plan on cleaing the house. (i use non-toxic cleaners :D ) Not much else happening.

Cal I think it is great that you got to spent time with hubby. I think the walk at the mall will do you good. I like to use that as my exercise too.

melekalikimaka
04-23-2007, 04:39 PM
Hey ladies, what's shakin' this Monday morning? I secured the date and time for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary party during the summer next year. I am trying to make this a very special celebration for them and trying not to stress out too much. I am keeping one of my sisters out of the loop for now because she is a big bossy :moo: and tries to take over everything and her opinion of everyone else's ideas are "that's so dumb!" It's infuriating! :lol:

Kempy, I had no idea it was Earth day, but it's cool that you're so observant of it. Our paper had a few pages of articles info on stuff going on about it. So what's the name of this Mojito mix you get? I'm dying to make some. We went out to dinner after church on Saturday evening and I actually had a couple of beers (lite!) and oh boy, my head was hurting the next morning. But I still want to drink a nice, refreshing mojito. **Michael was freaking out at me and saying "mom, I didn't know you drink beer! :o " I guess it's because I tell him that beer is bad for you and harp on and on about how he shouldn't do it (like his dad!). :lol:

Cal, that is nice you got to spend time w/your hubby and got to eat at Buca's. I love their linguine frutti di mare....we order it EVERY time :hun: Great job on the walking! :high: Mall walking is fun because you can kind of glance in the windows and check things out, then go back later if you see something you like. You CAN drop those pounds before your cruise, just stick with us and we'll be your biggest cheerleaders like always. :cheer2:

Karen, we had a grocery shopping day on Saturday as well, I got to tag along w/my parents into the Navy commissary so it saved me some $$$ big time. It's amazing to me how your weather temps can change so drastically in a few days time! We are having some pretty strong tradewinds today with some light sprinkles of rain. It's better than hot and humid though.

Angie, how's it going today? That's too bad about your vacation but at least you got a new sweet ride. I'm sorry to hear about Corey and his 'new' attitude. How's Alicia doing? Maybe Dips can come over and administer some drill sergeant discipline to him and Brit? :lol: Just playing around.

Virgo, I think your doctor will be very pleased with your progress. It does get harder to lose weight as we age! I'm wishing you a good visit to the doctor w/no additional meds :D

So what's everyone making for dinner? I'm leaning toward a tofu w/salmon salad... gotta split for now. Hello to all and have a good one.

angieME
04-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Hi guys. We have been running today getting caught up on our errands. Plus the kids had to go back to school today so we have been enjoying the quiet. It was 80 degrees today and actually too hot. I know...never happy!!! :lol:

Kempy, I wished I could be happy with a bowl of cereal for supper but I cant. :lol: I always feel like it isnt supper if I didnt spend a bunch of time cooking. Strange huh? (it's probably why I am so fat)I am glad you found some nice work clothes. How's the pool coming? Me and jay were talking about how today would be the day we are swimming since it is 80 but we cant because the pool is a big block of ice right now. :lol:

Cal, You are really doing great. It seems like you found your groove.

Noelle, I baked a turkey breast today for sandwiches with some potato salad for supper. YUM!! Alicia is doing great. She is an artist so she likes to hang around and draw all day. She doesnt get into any trouble. Thankfully!!!

Thats about it for me today. I got in 3~ 30 minute walks today so I am good to go there. I will talk to ya all later.

Karen31
04-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Hello everyone--- This is going to be kind of short tonight. My DH was terminated from his job today! This after being there for 17 years and through 7 bosses!! We don't know exactly what are next first step is going to be but just had to come and let you all know.

Well, not to sure how much I will be posting here in the next few days but will try to keep in touch with everybody. We're still about 3 years from retirement. Maybe not! Karen

melekalikimaka
04-24-2007, 01:15 AM
Karen, sorry to hear about Tim's job. Did he have any idea it was coming or did the company say why? Can he file for unemployment? That is unreal that he's been with the company for that long and this happens, I would be shocked and disappointed. Thinking good thoughts for both of you.

Angie, 80 degrees huh? You might as well have been here :D.

Well, like a dummy I didn't eat breakfast and had lunch after I picked up Michael from school (around 3 pm) so i was starving and just had some leftovers from yesterday's BBQ.... grilled pork marinated in lemon grass, which was really tasty, but a little high on the fat side. So anyway, I ate a bit much so I'll just call it a one-meal day. I will have to get back on a real balanced schedule 1st thing tomorrow. I'm ready though, got my Kashi cereal and my lt. vanilla soy milk :T

Gotta go and feed the dogs. Have a good evening, chat w/y'all tomorrow. :grouphug:

calnative
04-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the support everyone. I am still walking 30 min every day. Most times it's in the evening because I just feel exhausted in the mornings, and it's nice to go in the evenings while it's still cool enough to do so. Yesterday my knee was hurting something awful, but I still completed my walk.

Angie: I think you were warmer than we were yesterday. It was supposed to be 81, but only got to 78...we also had a nice breeze blowing.

Karen: I'm sorry about Tim's job. Sending good thoughts your way.

Cal

Kempyd
04-24-2007, 09:44 AM
Good Morning guys! I don't have to go in to work until 10 so I thoght I would hop on and say hi.

Karen :grouphug: I am so sorry about that. I don't think companies think about their employees as much as they say they do, they are just looking at the bottom line. They think they can get rid of the loyal people and hire some young one and get the same results. It usually comes to bite them in the ***. I am keeping you in my thoughts today and I know that you guys will be provided for.

Noelle the pool is still the same. I called them though and the tile guy is supposed to come and put that on today. I guess I am just not used to working with so many different people on one job. It is just frustrating. I wish they would come clean up the area so I don't ahve to worry about the dogs hurting themselves if they are running around back there.

Cal ate least you are walking. You are doing great and I know that you will be down to what you want in now time. Of course, then you are going to go on a cruise with all of that wonderful food so be careful. I know I put on 4 lbs after ours last year.

Angie I wonder is Corey is acting that way to get attention? I know it is not good attention but I don't think kids care about that. My nephew is out os his school and granted he has a job now he still has no respect for anyones stuff. He totalled my brothers truck and of course is wasn't his fault. It never is! You are much better than my brother though, you discipline them. My brother just let the boys run wild and do whatever they wanted and now his oldest is the way he is. I know you will get your family together. I have faith in you.

I need to start to get dressed guys. I will try to pop on tonight when I get home. Man, I don't know how Cherie did it working full time and raising 2 girls by herself. I am having a hard time just doignwhat I am doing. I am not going to complain though, I am happy to have this job.

angieME
04-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Karen, I am sorry to hear that Tim lost his job. :hugs: I am a big believer in things happening for a reason, so I bet there are better things to come a ways down the road. If you guys need anything let me know, okay?

Noelle, Today it is back down to 55. It is supposed to stay that way for the next few days but at least it is warming up. :lol: I even saw a bunch of flowers blooming yesterday. YEAH!!! :cheer:

Cal, Good job keeping up with the walking. Wow, I cant imagine us being warmer than you. That must be afirst, huh?

Kempy, No, I dont think he is doing it for attention, He must just like to hang around and get in trouble with his friends like she does. :lol:

Weel, I should get back to work. I will check in later.

Kempyd
04-24-2007, 06:32 PM
I am home from work now and the house work has to begin. I put it off last night so I HAVE to do it now. Man, I wish I had a maid. :lol:

They still didn't come today to work on the pool. I am sure that tomorrow will have some sort of excuse too. Ok, I am not going to complain about that anymore. I have to think positive.

Angie I guess kids just do things for reasons we don't understand. I try to think back to when I was growing up. As much as I would like to think I was the perfect child I am sure my mom would say diffrent. :D

I just wanted to pop on and say I but I really need to wash some clothes.

Karen31
04-24-2007, 11:17 PM
Hello Everyone and Thanks so much for the great words of encouragement! It has been kind of a shock to us but we have decided that we can't worry about what has already happened. I think that we will probably take off here in the next few weeks and go to MO. to visit my Dad, he is 87 and then to PA to visit Tim's Dad who is 89. We thought this might be the way to go because if Tim gets another job right away there will be no way that we would be able to get a vacation this year. And we feel it is so important to see our Dad's while we still have them. Then when we get back we can get a plan of attack made and figure out what to do. Tim is 60 and I'm 55 so I'm not real sure what type of jobs that might be available but will cross that bridge when we get there. Who knows ----- we may just tighten our belts for the mext 1 1/2 years until Tim can retire.

Like I said lots to think about but wanted to Thank everyone for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.

Can you believe we have about 16 inches of snow on the ground!!! YEP!! It started in the night last night and is still going on. We also have lots of winds with it so the snow is drifting in to 2 and 3 foot drifts!! Springtime???

Take care everyone and I'll get back to you tomorrow. Karen

Karen31
04-24-2007, 11:44 PM
Hello Noelle, No we had no clue that this was going to happen. They said that sales are down but that isn't his fault. Of course the big shots are in Texas, no offense to Texas, but they have no idea what the building situations are here in the mountains. So of course the sales go down when the ground is froze and no one can dig foundations. Tim sold the building materials for the contractors. But now that the weather should be turning nice Tim had a lot of jobs set up and ready to go. Now someone else will get those customers and the credit!

He is going to check in to unemployment and also we need to find out about health insurance. They were supposed to give him papers on Cobra but didn't do that. So he is going to make sure he gets that info.

Guess this is one of those roller coaster rides that we are just going to have to ride out. I didn't get any walking done today. I woke up at 3:00 am and couldn't get to sleep again. My tummy was doing some flip/flops and I guess it must have been nerves. It has been kind of icky all day so I just took the day to let things settle in a bit and hopefully tomorrow I wll feel much better and can jump back on the track again.

My mind is kind of drawing a blank right now but I hope everyone else is doing good and I'll get back to saying HI to everyone in the next day or two.

Thanks for all the support. You guys are great!! Karen

FatToFitVirgo
04-25-2007, 12:40 AM
Oh, Karen. I was so sorry to read about your husband's job loss--especially the way they did it to him. Nine years ago I lost my office mgr job after having been there 25 years--no warning, no nothing. There's got to be some inner politics going on. Kempy's right: Companies have no conscience anymore. They're all run by bean-counters with no sense of loyalty or appreciation for years of hard work. Then when they hire the young inexperienced ones they can buy cheap, they don't understand why the results aren't as good. My heart goes out to you both; you'll be in my prayers.

Golly. I'm so taken by this news it's kinda quieted me down. Just know you do have a "hurrah" corner to back you up, okay? :wl: At the moment you've got a lot to struggle with. We are your emotional "spotters" for that extra heavy barbell you were just given. Just keep checking in, okay? And see if you can do something physical to help get rid of some of the extra tension. You'll feel a little better, if only for a while, and, you'll keep your progress going, too.

Hang in there, kiddo! :hug: We all care about you. Remember that.

Karen31
04-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Hello everyone,
I guess I just wanted to get on say hello and let everyone know that I decided to change my exercise goal ticker from 4000 minutes to 3000 minutes for this month. I really didn't want to do that but with the last few days that I didn't walk I knew there was no way that I was going to meet that goal. It's going to be tough enough to meet the 3000 minutes for this month! I just finished doing 200 crunches on the Ab lounge and still need to get my walk in.

We have 45 degrees today and the snow is melting away fast and leaving a muddy mess for a driveway!!

Everybody have a good day and I'll get back later to chat. Karen

angieME
04-26-2007, 08:05 AM
So, we took Meanie to the vets and he has Kidney disease and hyperthyroidism (sp). They gave him some meds and prescriptio food to see if we can regulate it and if there isnt a change in 30 days then there isnt anything they can do for him but to let him die. It is going to be so sad when he dies because I have had him longer than 2 of my kids. He is my Meanie beanie.

We took Candi to the groomers to get shaved for the summer and I think she hurt her knee(she fractured it when she was younger playing rough with another dog and it healed weird. So she is not using that knee today so I think she maybe going to the vets today.

Kempy, I wished I had a maid too!! :lol: I swear I cant keep up with the mud the dogs are bringing in right now.

Karen, visiting your family now sounds like a great idea. 16 inches of snow? Oh I think I would cry if it snows here again. :lol: I am so ready to not see anymore until December.

Virgo, Hi.

Karen31
04-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Hello everyone!!

I thought that I would let you know that things are going pretty good. I did 300 crunches on my ab lounge this morning and I'm getting ready to walk now. I'm hoping that tomorrow when I weigh in that I haven't gained any but if so-- well this week has been a little strange so will just have to take what it is and do better next week.

One good thing that has been happening is that some of Tim's customers have called him here at home and stated that they were going to complain to the boss about Tim being fired and if he isn't going to be there than they will take there business elsewhere!!! Made Tim (and me) feel pretty good!! Tim was selling building materials and if his customers stop going there then who knows just what will happen to that company!!

Tim said this morning after seeing John McCain has thrown his hat into the ring for president that maybe that is what he will do!! :D At least it won't interfere with his job!!! :rofl:

Still not for sure when we will be going on vacation but probably within the next month. Right now we are just trying to get everythng taken care of that needs to be done so we can leave for a bit. I do have a laptop that I take with me and when I can get service I always get on the internet. So you can bet I'll be checking to see how everyone is doing. AND trying to keep myself somewhat on track too!

Well, I wanted to pop in and say Hello. I need to get my walk in so I can get some things done around here and start getting things ready to go.

I promise when things settle down a bit I will be able to take the time to respond to everyone. Thanks again for all your support! Take care, Karen

melekalikimaka
04-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Hello ladies, I've been busy these past few days. The school is preparing for a May Day program tomorrow so I'm helping a little with that and Michael's 1st Communion is on Saturday. I am making personalized candy bar wrappers for the kids with their names and the date, I'm using Mr. Goodbar instead of Hersheys because I thought the name fit better with the occasion :lol: I've used Good News candy bars in the past but the shape just isn't right. Anyway, nothing else too exciting happening here.

Karen, I'm glad Tim's customers are making their voices heard, the company should listen and maybe offer him his job back with MORE pay! It's also good that you are keeping both your spirits up and using the time to visit with family. Did you watch the 2 hour episode of Idol? It was actually pretty good. I wonder how the heck they did that bit with Elvis???

Angie, sorry to hear about Meanie. He has the best family to take care of him though, you never know, he may live on for quite a few years more with your help. The oldest cat we ever had was around 18 years old--and we don't even know how old she was when she came to us. She just showed up one day and stayed and stayed stayed and stayed... :lol: I just realized that Molly our black furry cat will be 13 this year.

Hi to Virgo, Kempy, Dips, Cal, cw and anyone I may have missed. Have a wonderful Thursday. :cb:

angieME
04-26-2007, 06:21 PM
wow, the days just keep getting better!!!! We took Candi to the vets and they had to take xrays of her leg. He comes in and said that what was wrong with her was rare but it does happen. (he said he sees maybe 6 a year) So anyways, She must have wrenched her leg so bad that she tore the ligament in her knee and when that happened it took a chip of knee bone with it. She has to be crated for 4 weeks, put on a diet and hope it fuses okay or it will be surgery to screw the bone back into her kneecap at a cost of about $2000.oo God, I hope she is okay. We cant figure out when it happened because she was fine before bed and she sleeps in our room. Maybe it happened when she jumped out of the truck when we got home and didnt really show it until this morning. So that was my day. I swear I support the vets single handedly. :lol: She is being an angel in her crate right now but we will see how good she is in a month. He said he only wants her out to pee and that is it so it will fuse properly.

Karen, Tim's customers are awesome!!!!! Such great loyalty. And you are amazing with how you are keeping up with your workouts. :cheer:

Noelle, Have fun with your candybars. Good job on staying out of them too!!!

Well, I should get going and do the dishes.

Candi is the fluffy Keeshond.
Rebel is the white JRT on the back of the couch
Mickey is the brown mixed breed on the other side of Corey

Kempyd
04-26-2007, 06:34 PM
Wow, today is Thursday already? I love working but I don't like not having time for myself. I don't know how you guys do it with kids.

Karen I am so glad to hear you in a better mood. I know what help that was from Tim's customers. See, his company has no idea what is going to happen to them just b/c they let him go. I am confident that everything will be great for you 2.

Noelle I don't know how you are not eating all of those candy bars. I would be all over them right now. PMS is kicking my butt. I am soooooo hungry right now and really tired so that doesn't make for a good weight loss plan. :no:

Virgo I have been meaing to ask when you weigh in days were? I don't know if you ever really picked one.

Angie you and my sister both suport your vets. She gets every stray fixed that she can catch and then either finds a home or if they are too wild puts them right back in the same spot. She had to do that with one cat at work. (she is way out in the country) She works at a really nice retreat center and the cat was keeping all of the mice away. So, now she can't get prego but she can be fat and happy. I hope you don't ahve too many problems with Candi. I met a lady that had a cat that was 26 years old. Hopefully Meanie will be that old too. :D

I have been walking the dogs at least twice a day for 15-20 mins and I think that is whats keeping the large bloatation away. I do have about 1.5lbs but with the way I have been eating it should be much more. :sumo: I am going to keep this up and keep my fingers crossed that once I am done I will have lost a lbs or two.

calnative
04-27-2007, 08:46 AM
It's Friday, my dear friends.
Today I have my WI for our 'Biggest Loser' contest at work. I'm know I'm down, but I'm not sure how many lbs.

Cal

Karen31
04-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Hello Ladies,
Well, I knew it would probably happen--- I got on the scales this morning and I had gained a pound! This week has been a little mixed up for sure and I've eaten more "goodies" with Tim and not done my walks like had been. :( SO today it is back to business and get that pound off and then some! I didn't want to move my ticker but I did anyway. Got to keep it honest! :)

Cal-- Good luck on the weigh in today!! I'm rootin' for you!!

Angie, your 4 legged kids are so cute and so is Corey! I hope Candi is all right and doesn't have to have that surgery. Sissy's knees on her back legs are both kind of bad but so far they haven't bothered her. The vet. told me they may be fine and never have to do anything to them. So I'm really hoping that is the case with her. Sure hope Meanie starts feeling better too.

Noelle, that is such a cute idea about the candy wrappers. I would have never thought of it. I watched that Idol show and boy was it good!! I told Tim it isn't fair that I had to have tissues there beside me to get through it though!! :cry: And the duet with Elvis was so good!! I knew he was still around!!! :rofl: Tim said they did that with some sort of "holigram" who knows if I spelled that right.

Virgo- Thanks for the nice words. Things are really going to be OK and maybe there will be a silver lining to this cloud too! I kind of feel like the "unsinkable Molly Brown" I AIN'T DOWN YET!!!

Kempyd-- How is the pool coming? I'm hoping that my brother goes ahead and fills the pool at my Dad's this year. I think we will probably go back there in the next couple weeks. It would be nice to havet he pool to play in and just forget about things for awhile.

Dips, Where are you?? I hopet hings are all OK with you.

I know I have probably missed a few people but I'm sorry. I will try to get better at this now. Just know that I really appreciate all of you.
Karen

angieME
04-27-2007, 09:55 AM
Good Morning girls!!! Candi woke up today and has been trying to put pressure on her back leg so I guess she is feeling better. I still have her in her crate and she s such a good girl. I carry her outside so she doesnt have to go down the steps into the field. She is heavy!!!!I cant wait until she loses some weight. :lol: She doesnt mind the crate so far. she just sleeps.

I got a weight watchers kit for my sister for her birthday. It was yesterday and I couldnt go down because of Candi and my neice had softball practice so I will run it down tonight. I think she will like it because she has been wanting to do something to get some weight off.

Me and Jay get the house to ourselves tonight. :cheer: All the kids are going to friends houses tonight.

Kempy, Great job on walking the dogs every day!!! Yesterday was Lab puppy day at the vets I thnk. :lol: There were 2 black lab pups and a yellow lab pup that came in while we were there. The yellow lab was funny because she knew where she was and didnt want to be there. She tried to climb into Jays lap. :lol: :rofl:

Cal, Good luck with your weigh in!!

It is supposed to rain today and tomorrow. It is getting darker out right now. Our temps dropped back to 50-60 after the 80 degree day.

angieME
04-27-2007, 10:02 AM
Hey Karen, we were posting at the same time. :lol: I love your enthusiasm. It is so nice to hear. You WILL get that 1 pound off plus some I know it. Does Tim like to go for walks with you and the pups? Jay loves going with us and it does him some good. I hope you have a great day today.

calnative
04-28-2007, 12:46 AM
:( :cry:
The weigh in went well. I started out at 308; went to 311; now down to 305.
I do like the motivation with the 'Biggest Loser' thing at school, but I realized that the way they are measuring for winners will guarantee that I won't win. They use percentages. The winners so far have lost 4 and 5% of their weight (only 5.5 pounds for them) I would have to lose 15 or more to equal that percentage. I'm so bummed and depressed. I'll keep going though because I still want to lose 25 by June 14 when we leave for our cruise.

Only 5.5 weeks of school left. I found out today that it looks like I'll be moving to 8th grade Social Studies. I'm looking forward to it...it will be a nice change. I am certified for both Language Arts and Social Studies in 7th and 8th grade.

Have a great evening everyone.

Cal

angieME
04-28-2007, 07:29 AM
Good Morning girls!!!! I lost 4.1 pounds this week!!! :cheer2: How that I happened I dont know . I stayed within my points every day but I still had turkey sandwiches and potato salad for 3 days straight to use it up. :lol:

I havent told you guys yet but my Mom is going through a breast cancer scare right now. She has a lump that is 11 cm. and has to go to a specialist for some more tests. While we were at my sisters last night she was telling me that mom got her records from her doctor to take to the specialist and was reading them at her house and they wrote right out cancer on her chart. I am so scared for her, she is only 52 years old. If you guys would send good thoughts her way I would really appreciate it. She has been waiting for a month already to see the specialist and she still has 2 more weeks to go so she is thinking the worst the longer she has to wait.

Cal, You are doing great. Just keep chugging along and you will get there and that is all that really matters.

calnative
04-28-2007, 09:04 AM
Angie: Lots of good thoughts going out to your mom...prayers too. My sister, Bert, (you met her) had 2 lumps about a month ago. After further tests, she found out they were cysts and non-cancerous. She was so worried that she's moving to AZ to be with the rest of her family. She said that scare made her realize that she wanted to be near her family.

I'm feeling better today. I have some quizzes to grade and a birthday party later.

Cal

FatToFitVirgo
04-29-2007, 12:01 AM
Hello, ladies! I'm going to post something more appreciative of your efforts in the near future, but in the meantime, I had to crow: my blood work turned out well & my doctor is very happy with me! Knock on wood (I hope to keep on exercising and eating right!)--I don't have to go on cholesterol meds!

(This is edited: In the little "type-in box" these statistics of mine look more like spread-out columns, but they didn't work so well when actually posted. I'm gonna try to spread them out better. If it doesn't work, try to look at these as 4 separate columns, by date.) ((Okay, it didn't work. I tried!))

Feb,2005 May 2005 Nov 2006 April 2007
(still have my (Discovered NO (Last fall's (This week's
thyroid function) THYROID!) measurement) results!!)

T.C.: 222 T.C.: 412 T.C.: 279 T.C.: 234 !(Yay!)
LDL : 132 LDL: 292 LDL: 179 LDL: 141
HDL: 58 HDL: 78 HDL: 59 HDL: 57
Wt: 209.8# Wt: 210# Wt: 206# Wt: 203#

"T.C" is Total Cholesterol, which should be 200 mg/dl or lower.
"LDL" is "Bad" cholesterol, which should be 130 (first exam said 100!) or lower
"HDL" is "Good" cholesterol, which should be 40 mg/dl or higher ("60" is ideal)
My weight has actually been pretty stable...kind of a "slow yo-yo"...

As you can see, the most alarming numbers are in the second group, May, 2005. In March'05 I had started at WW, but was gaining weight, not losing. At first, I just thought "menopause was kicking my ***", was the way I put it. But I was too easily chilled, even for someone used to living in a drafty old house. When my lean husband was warmer than his naturally insulated wife, something wasn't quite right. My brain was more tired than usual, I wasn't able to lose weight, unlike the way I used to (when I put my mind to it), and I was thirsty! Well, that alarmed me--I figured I had become diabetic. So I went to the doctor to find out what was what.

Well, I'm not (and I wasn't) diabetic. But it turns out it was a very good thing indeed that I'd gone 3 months earlier to that screening. It showed my cholesterol numbers were high then, but only in a borderline way, like they had been for a few years. Look how abnormally high the May 2005 numbers are! He called me personally to tell me my thyroid had stopped working! But I've been on BP and thyroid meds since then, and this is the first time my numbers are even close to my numbers before I lost my thyroid function.

I still have a way to go before I get those numbers down to where they should be. I intend to get there. There's heart disease on both sides of my family, so I can't take anything for granted anymore, especially at my age. I have to say this site and FitDay have helped me start to get my physical act together again. Thank you for all your encouragement--I shall continue to root for all of you, too! (And will in my next post!) God bless you all!

--Virgo

angieME
04-29-2007, 09:03 AM
Good Morning!! It is pouring ouside today and my butt hurts from riding my bike all the time so I set my timer for 30 minutes and walked laps around the inside of my house. :lol: My dogs and cats were all looking at me like I had lost it. :rofl: Teddy(the siamese in your christmas card pics) followed me from room to room meowing that annoying siamese meow. haha. He is so silly.

Cal, Thank you for the well wishes for my Mom. I am praying that everything turns out all right for her. We are all really scared. I am so glad to hear that Bert's test came out all good. I bet you are really happy to have her moving closer to you. She is so nice, I really liked her when we met.

Virgo, :cheer2: YEAH!!!! :cheer2: I am so happy for you!!! You are doing awesome!!!

FatToFitVirgo
04-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Hello, ladies!! Let me give you all your "propers" since I hogged my last post all to myself.

Kempy, every day's my weigh-in day. I weigh myself every morning, naked, right after I use the john. (Can't get more basic than that!) I know there's two schools of thought. At WW they tell you once a week; the last few months someplace or other recommended every day. Like everything else, it really does depend on how the weigh-in affects your psyche. I can only speak for myself. When the number goes down, I'm motivated to "keep on keeping on!" When the number goes up, that's my wake-up call to do better that day. Right now my current challenge is to listen to when my body's saying it's had enough food for now--and stop. That's the problem with having developed capacity. It tastes so good, it's too easy to just keep barrelling on through, ignoring that little voice trying to be heard over the food saying, 'but I'm not hungry anymore". It's sounds like walking the dogs is doing you much good! I know they're happy to get out with you, and if it's successful keeping the "bloatation" away--keep on keeping on!!

Karen--Hah! I LOOVE the fact Tim's customers are asking for HIM. Maybe the company will rethink its decision!! We can only hope! In the meantime, congratulations on working out, working through this difficult time. It sounds like you're doing better than I would have, in a comparable situation. Good for you!! :carrot:

Mele, my dear, I saw your post from earlier in the week -- do you drink soy milk all the time, or just have it with your cereal for breakfast? Are you lactose-intolerant, or just like to switch off occasionally? I like the flavored soy milks for a change, but couldn't do it for all the time. What's your secret? I know you're glad you got rid of temptation, by which I mean the 1st Communion candy bars! By the way--please remember to add the link when you change the thread again--we newbies are counting on you!!

Angie, speaking of temptation, it can't be easy to live in a bakery situation. CONGRATS on the 4+ pounds!!!:broc: :dance: You deserve praise and commendation for staying within your points! (And prayers for your Mom, you & your family. We'll be keeping good thoughts going for you...and for your critters, too.)

calnative--sounds like your walking is really paying off! Good for you!! Even if your school's "Biggest Loser Challenge" isn't stacked in your favor, it's still helping you. You keep on keeping on, girl!

cw, Dips, you all keep on keeping on, too!!

Well, that's it for now--I'll probably see you when Mele adds the link on May 1st! Love to you all,

--Virgo

Kempyd
04-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Hey guys. I have new pics of the pool. They came yesterday and installed the tile and all of the stone. It is finally starting to look like a real pool. We are so ready to swim!

I am home today and I think most of the week. The other assistant is there this week so I am going to make use of my off time b4 I am FULL time. I want to paint the laundry room so that is 1st on my list.

Cal don't worry too much about the percentage thing. I wouldn't count yourself out yet. Don't you remember on the show when someone would drop weight all at once? I am sure that will be you! :yes:

Karen you sound so much better now. I was thinking about your dads pool and I wonder if the reason they can drain it is b/c it is up north. Once ours has plaster we have to fill it and keep it filled. It would pop out of the ground if we didn't. I think it is b/c we are so close to the gulf and the water is so clsoe to the surface. I hope it if full for you though. You and Tim deserve to relax. Any new word from his job?

Noelle where are you? I didn't see a post from you over the weekend.

Virgo you write so beautifully. You have such a way with words. I think I have been in the south for too long, I have gotten lazy with the English lang. :D

Angie I like your littel cheerleader at the bottom of your post. What a good idea.

Ok, it is lunch time so I need to see what I can find.

I'll check back later to chat.

melekalikimaka
04-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Hi ladies, it's been a hectic but fun weekend and today is the last day of the month so I am in the office trying to get everything done that needs to be closed out....stress!!! I didn't go to my WI on Friday, but I am going this week. Michael's May Day was really nice on Friday, then his 1st Holy Communion was on Saturday morning with a nice ceremony and formal pictures taken. Then on Sunday we had two sets of out of town guests at different times of the day, so no real time to hop on the computer. I did pop on and read through though. ** Right before I left the house I heard Kai (our old black dog) yowling and my sister was outside checking him out. He had just come back from a walk and eaten his food. He normally lies under the stairs outside and she saw him trying to get up, but he couldn't. Then he just layed back down with his head up, but wasn't blinking or turning his head. He wouldn't get up either. We let him sit for a while, then we pulled his mat out with him on it out from under the stairs. He still wouldn't get up. I was feeling his leg all around and he didn't flinch or anything, we were suspecting a stroke maybe because he seemed stiff on his right side. He is at the vets now and I hope everything turns out OK. :(

Angie, I'm sending prayers for your mom for better health and to take all of your minds off the worry. Let us know how things are OK? :hug: That is a nice gift for your sister (the WW kit). All she has to do is look at you to know that the program does work. :D Hey, GREAT JOB on those 4 lbs! :carrot:

Virgo, glad to hear you doctor's appointment went well. That is a relief to have them say good things and SEE the improved test results rather than all the doom and gloom about what we "should be" doing, you are already doing them and it shows! :cp: As for soy milk, I am a little lactose intolerant (but not enough to make me stop eating real ice cream! :lol: ) and I just recently found the 8th Continent brand of light vanilla soy which I like so much, so i use that in my morning cereal.

Cal, you are doing great on your losses as well, keep your mind in the game and you never know, you may be the biggest loser yet. Did the school ask you to switch subjects or did you volunteer? Either way, I know you will keep those kids in line :lol:

Kempy, your pool is looking awesome! Especially the hot tub. You are going full time? I hope you can get online sometimes while you're there :lol:

Well, I better get back to work. So much to do, so little time! Have a good one.

Kempyd
04-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Angie I didn't mean to talking about miss your mom. Tell her to think postive thoughts, things like, she is healing and she no longer has a lump. I firmly belive in the power of your thought. When you think negative things happen that way. You may not ever realize that you are diong it so it is very important to watch what you have going on inside your head. I will keep her in my prayers too. :hug:

Karen31
04-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Hello Ladies,

Well, I took my exercise ticker off since I wasn't going to maket hat goal this month. I'm trying to decide about putting one up for the month of May now. We are going to go back to visit family and I'm not sure what would be a good goal to have. I know that at least 10 days of that trip will be sitting in the truck and you can't get much walking done there!! :) I guess I need to think about that a little bit. What kind of a goal would you guys think would be good to work towards?

Call---- WOW!!! You really did good and I'll bet you can get that 25 off by June 14th... I'm going to see if I can lose that amount too. Maybe we can keep each other motivated!!

Angie--- Sorry to hear about your Mom but tell her to think good thoughts and keep smiling 'cause she has all of us "CHICKS" saying lots of prayers for her!!

Virgo--- your numbers are looking really good! I'm hoping that I can get off the cholesterol meds here myself pretty soon. I'd rather eat better, lose weight and not take meds!!

Kempyd--- The pictures ofthe pool look so nice!! I really don't know why my Dad always drained the pool. But it is a very old pool!! Maybe when it was done so many moons ago they had to drain it. I talked to my brother and I'm pretty sure that he is going to fill the pool--- his two boys would probably have a fit if he didint'! They are 12 and 14!! So I'm hoping to use it while we are there!

Noelle---- What did the vet say about Kai? Sure hope everything is ok there. I just got so sad when I read that. I'm anxious to hear so be sure and let us know.

Well, I'm going to let you go for now and watch Dancing with the Stars!! Wish I could dance like that!! Take care-- Karen

calnative
05-01-2007, 12:40 AM
The kids at school are starting on some projects for our project fair the end of May. We have a school wide project fair instead of a science fair, and it is really awesome to go around to the different classrooms and see what everyone has been working on.

Noelle: I volunteered. Actually, I told my principal that if an opening came up in 8th grade Social Studies, I'd like to take it for something different. She told me today that that position is mine if I want it...I told her it's mine!! I figured I'd let the kids know during Meet the Teacher night.....in August!!

Kempy: The pool is looking awesome. My brother's pool stays full; he never has to empty it.

Angie: I hope your mom is doing better.

Karen: Thank you for your words of encouragement. When do you leave to visit family?

Virgo: Thank you, also, for your words of encouragement. They mean a lot to me.

Noelle: I hope Kai is going to be alright. Let us know.

Cal

Kempyd
05-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Good morning guys! I am about to leave for work but I want to say hi before I did.

Noelle I hoep Kai is ok. Please, let us know when you find something out. I am sure that was pretty scary.

Cal I still think you are an angle. I culd never be around that many kids all day and stay sane. I have a park right on the side of my house and sometimes I want to go over there and kill someone. I do blame the parents though. There have been kids out there screaming like they are dying and no one will do anything about it. I have actually walked out front and looked around the fence to make sure they were ok. The mom or nanny or whomever ift was watching them was ignoring them. I swear that kid screamed for 20 mins. :rolleyes:

Angie is your mom doing better today? One more thing I wanted to add, not only does she need to think good thought sbut she also need to FEEL them too. It wont work if you are just going through the motions in your head. This is something that I am working on in my own life.

Well guys, I need to head on in. I don't know what time I will be getting home but I hope that some of you have posted.

melekalikimaka
05-01-2007, 11:42 AM
I started a fresh new thread for MAY. Come on over!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1676439#post1676439