LA Weight Loss - NSV - share please!

View Full Version : NSV - share please!

JennAPeach
03-14-2007, 05:18 PM
I walked into the kitchen here at work today to put my lunch in the fridge. As I was walking out, I noticed some leftover food on the counter from this morning - it was a YOOGE spread of bagels and cream cheese. Oh, how I looooove nice (large) bagel, slathered with full-fat cream cheese (and maybe even some regular jam on top).

I kept moving and walked right outta there. Just now, when I got my lunch there were still two bagels left and I walked past them again.

What we have here is a Non Scale Victory, people! :carrot:

Please share your latest or most memorable NSV.

Dan2112
03-14-2007, 05:24 PM
For me it's fitting into old clothes or running into people I haven't seen in a while and see them have that shocked look on their face..

Ironically, I saw a guy today that I haven't seen for the better part of a year.. I expected him to say something, but he didn't.. So of course, I was very disappointed. :lol: Damn him!!

He's a pretty reserved person, so he probably just didn't want to mention it as by doing so would be the same thing as saying "Hey.. you used to be really fat and now you're not.." :lol:

pjbeau
03-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Way to go, Jenn!

I had an NSV this morning. I am comfortably wearing a skirt that was way too tight in January.

KrispieD
03-14-2007, 06:50 PM
I've had a few this week that have been payback for resisting many many many temptations.. I picked up ODD from school today and her teacher said.. wow Kristen your face!! What have you been doing.
I also went shopping and bought a size 9 skirt.. I have NEVER worn a size 9 in my life.. used to be in a size 22 so I did a bit of a dance around the store.. in a most subtle way of course!

Seagal
03-14-2007, 07:29 PM
WOW...lots of NSVs today.

Jenn...Way to go on the Bagel Pass. Being a captive audience in an office can be murder. (And by the way...how adorable is Micki?)

Dann...the guy was clearly jealous!

Paula...as I was in the closet getting changed out of my work clothes I saw a whole bunch of old ghosts that are way to small for the likes of me at this time. There is nothing more fun than being able to fit into old stuff again. Nice!

Kristen...you are my official inspiration today. From 22 to 9 in incredible. Your numbers speak for themselves. You must feel awesome.

mamabanana
03-14-2007, 08:08 PM
I didnt buy the Edys Light the other day, even though I KNOW I can use it for a starch, Ive kept to unprocessed foods which I like better anyway:) I also had a great plain salad at McDonalds while my kids grabbed a quick dinner on the way to sports!

christabell3
03-14-2007, 08:45 PM
You all are doing so great. Sometimes it embrasses me when people tell me how great I look, Cuz It embrasses me how bad I had let myself go. Then I went to the dr. for some female problems and he didn't even say a thing about my 50# weight lose.

JSMS135
03-14-2007, 08:46 PM
What a great thread!!

I have two NSVs.

One is walking daily. It's only about a 40 minute walk, but my blood pressure is way down and I know it has to do with the walking. I'm almost, not quite, to the point where I miss it if I don't go.

The other is shopping. I'm on Spring Break this week and I've been holding off on shopping until now. I've been wearing the same 4 or 5 outfits in different combinations for the past few months. I fully expected to need a size 10 and found that I'm in an 8. I was a 16 when I started about 8 months ago.

Patty

Chick With Stix
03-14-2007, 09:31 PM
I got one...last weekend I pulled out some of the size 12 pants that I bought last summer when I was at my skinniest. They fit now, and I don't weight the 165 yet that I was when I bought those pants. I can't imagine what its going to be like when I get there. I was in a size 20 when I started LAWL for the first time last January and I was back in a size 16 when I started again this January.

Wrongway
03-14-2007, 09:57 PM
mine was last night.. all the females in our family get together at my mom's house every six weeks or so and our hair dresser comes over to do our hair. well, they decided they wanted to order pizza. it smelled sooooo gooood!! but i sat there quietly and ate my tomato and cucumber salad, yogurt and plum and drank my water. yay me!! :carrot:

JSMS135
03-14-2007, 10:30 PM
That's really great Michelle and really hard. Aren't you just so proud of yourself!!

Patty

Seagal
03-14-2007, 11:05 PM
mine was last night.. all the females in our family get together at my mom's house every six weeks or so and our hair dresser comes over to do our hair. well, they decided they wanted to order pizza. it smelled sooooo gooood!! but i sat there quietly and ate my tomato and cucumber salad, yogurt and plum and drank my water. yay me!! :carrot:

Michelle,

You are my idol...pizza is my downfall. I would have had to pass on the good hair in light of not being able to pass it up! Way to go.

Dan2112
03-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Oh.. Totally forgot this one until now.. A while back, my mom and her husband agreed to watch our dogs while Liz and I went away for the weekend.

So I happened to drop the dogs off while they were out, so I let the dogs into the back yard to do some business. While they did that, I went into the kitchen and instead of routing around in their pantry (because they always have good snacky things), I grabbed a pear out of a bowl on the counter. I ate the pear and let the dogs in, and then went home.

While we were gone that weekend, we called to check in on the kids (the human ones and the dogs). My mom mentioned that our little dog, Rocky, had been a bit mischevious. When asked what he had done, she said he ate a pear that had been left on the counter.. At first I laughed but then asked her how she knew.. She said that she had had 4 pears, but when she and Paul returned from the store on the day I dropped them off, there were only 3left. I just about split a gut and told her that it had been me, not the dog.

She said (and here's the NSV part) that it had never occurred to her that I might have eaten the pear, as getting me to eat fruit in the past was like pulling teeth..

Sorry that took so long to get to the point...

DenverChick
03-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Dan - That is a fabulous story! How funny that your mom would assume it was the dog, not you, who ate her pear! Love it.

As for passing up on pizza - you are my new hero, Michelle.

juliemarie
03-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Wow Dan-you must've been a real fruit-o-phobe if your Mom really thought it was more likely for the dog to get on the counter and eat a single pear than for you to have eaten it! Great story!

katiebug77
03-15-2007, 12:04 PM
:cp: This is a great thread..... LOVE IT!!!! You guys have done great with your NSV. And for me, this is the good stuff. It is not all about the scale when it comes to eating healthy.

As for my NSV, you probably have all read my wedding dress story.

Also, I went shopping for cute little clothes for Jamaica, and I am in a size 10!!

Oh, and I had to get my ring resized. It was a 7 and now it is a 5 1/2. Wow, I guess your fingers get skinny too. Never thought of that........

bizlawchik
03-15-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm waiting to get my rings resized until I get to goal or really close. I have always been a size 7 ring. Then it was 8. Then I don't know. I couldn't wear my wedding rings since I was 6 mos pregnant w/DS. I was able to put them on a little bit after he was born, but I kept getting too close to scratching him that I took them off. He's 3 now. I was able to put them on just a few months ago and DH has been very happy about that.

JennAPeach
03-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Thank you guys for all the replies! These are very inspirational.

I hope I can be as strong when pizza comes around. ;)

I'm definitely looking forward to dropping (more than) a few dress sizes and being able to (comfortably) wearing my wedding band. I can put it on now, but ugh, is it hard to take off! It sure wasn't when we got married and I was a good 40 lbs lighter.

Seagal
03-15-2007, 01:48 PM
:cp: This is a great thread..... LOVE IT!!!! You guys have done great with your NSV. And for me, this is the good stuff. It is not all about the scale when it comes to eating healthy.

As for my NSV, you probably have all read my wedding dress story.

Also, I went shopping for cute little clothes for Jamaica, and I am in a size 10!!

Oh, and I had to get my ring resized. It was a 7 and now it is a 5 1/2. Wow, I guess your fingers get skinny too. Never thought of that........

Katie...I didn't get to read your wedding dress story. Care to retell or send me the thread? I am recently engaged and looking forward to all that stuff. My ring was a tad too loose when I had it sized the first time and I am hoping to have it resized again once I am closer to goal. We know we want to lose weight in the obvious places but isn't it funny where we end up noticing it? Congrats on your Jamaica clothes! How fun!:)

zambejaly5
03-15-2007, 03:37 PM
I went to a mexican resturant the other night and all I had left for the day was 1 1/2 protien, 2 veggies, and a couple fruits. I ordered, beef fajitas, ate just the meat and onions and peppers no tortilla, and NO CHIPS, NOT EVEN ONE!!!!! Went in the next morning, (wednesday) and weighed in .2 lbs down!!! woo hoo!!! NO CHIPS DID YOU HEAR THAT PART!!!! we even ordered queso for the table.......... none for me!!!!!

Lettie

bizlawchik
03-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Lettie - You are a stronger woman than me. :congrat:

zambejaly5
03-15-2007, 03:46 PM
thanks, I just keep telling myself the first chip is waaaay easier to not eat than the 2nd...3rd....4th..... etc.

Dan2112
03-15-2007, 05:01 PM
Way to go Lettie...

There will come a point in the plan where you could probably get by if you had a couple of chips, but it's VERY important that you keep that willpower going strong here at the beginning..

WAY TO STAY STRONG!!

Wrongway
03-15-2007, 05:48 PM
awesome Lettie!! mexican food is my favorite.. i'm not sure i could be able to do what you did.

Dan i loved your pear story... too funny!

this is a great thread.. very motivational. i too have noticed that my wedding rings are getting pretty loose and spinning around on my finger.. but i'll wait a while longer before getting them resized. going to my mom's house is a great way to see how strong your will power is.. last week our church met at my mom's for a sing-a-long/potluck.. i hadn't thought about it much and just went. i hadn't had dinner yet as it was right after evening service.. but even though i was hungry i just chugged back some water and stayed far away from the food.

marzbe
03-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Dan, the pear story has me laughing tears. That is too much! :joker:

Lettie, Wow! :dust: Can you give me some?

As for my NSV's the inches that are coming off faster than the pounds :yikes:! Which seems to make me the anomoly at the COD, but I'll take 3 inches over 3 pounds anyday!

The bigger NSV is my basically overcoming an extreme caffiene addiction. I mean to go from drinking 2 Venti's plus extra espresso and six cans of Diet Pepsi daily to 1-2 cans of Diet Pepsi and most days no coffee, or at most a 12 ounce cup--that is worth so much more than any weight or inches lost. :carrot: I have the energy to get out of bed without the coffee in the morning. When I stop having to be at work at 5:30 every morning, then I'll be hopping out of bed every morning :dance:

Seagal
03-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Here's my NSV for the day...I had lunch at a Mongolian Grill today (one of my faves) and for the first time EVER I had no noodles, no pineapple and no sesame oil. Just chicken and veggies and my teeny-tiny portion of rice. Major deal for this girl!

smjezzy
03-16-2007, 09:07 AM
One night without the lemon and half gallon of salt! WOOHOO.

LittleBlueCat
03-16-2007, 10:11 AM
... I had no noodles, no pineapple and no sesame oil. Just chicken and veggies and my teeny-tiny portion of rice. Major deal for this girl!

Why no pineapple?? In my Gold book 3/4 cup of fresh pineapple is 1 serving of fruit. And I eat pineapple at least once a week!

Dan2112
03-16-2007, 10:43 AM
One night without the lemon and half gallon of salt! WOOHOO.

YES! Way to go.. It's the small steps that lead to big leaps!

Jeez.. I sound like a motivational greeting card...

Somebody just smack me, please....

bizlawchik
03-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Dan - Were you around when we wrote our "Congratulations you're not a fatty anymore" cards?

smjezzy
03-16-2007, 11:11 AM
Cheer on! The more motivation I get the more apt I am to keep going!

Dan2112
03-16-2007, 11:28 AM
Dan - Were you around when we wrote our "Congratulations you're not a fatty anymore" cards?

No.. I think I missed that.. :lol:

Seagal
03-16-2007, 11:38 AM
Why no pineapple?? In my Gold book 3/4 cup of fresh pineapple is 1 serving of fruit. And I eat pineapple at least once a week!
Hi Nancy,
There are a couple of reasons I omitted the pineapple. First because it was canned and my book only says fresh and second because my COD suggested that I stay away from tropical fruits that are high in sugar right now (like bananas and pineapple) and stick with citrus or apples. Believe me, I love pineapple, too!

smjezzy
03-16-2007, 11:49 AM
If you are trying to stay away from sugar the berries are your best bet. Oranges and apples, grapes and watermelon are all very high in sugar as well.

mamato2girls
03-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Hmmm...my books says you can have a 1/2 cup of canned fruit as long as it's packed in juice or water. I have canned pineapple packed in juice all the time and so far so good. I also eat a lot of apples, oranges, and grapes.

As for NSV's, I'm working at home today, am on TO, and haven't gone downstairs and devoured some starches!! Also, I'm wearing my size 10 loose fit jeans today, and they actually look "loose fit" like they're supposed to.

smjezzy
03-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Hmmm...my books says you can have a 1/2 cup of canned fruit as long as it's packed in juice or water. I have canned pineapple packed in juice all the time and so far so good. I also eat a lot of apples, oranges, and grapes.

As for NSV's, I'm working at home today, am on TO, and haven't gone downstairs and devoured some starches!! Also, I'm wearing my size 10 loose fit jeans today, and they actually look "loose fit" like they're supposed to.

Congrats on the size 10 loose fit that actually is loose fit! I can't wait for that feeling! Patience grasshoppa....

As for the fruit - I'm speaking from a diabetic point of view. I was told by a diabetic nutritionist to avoid those particular fruits due to high sugar content (grapes and oranges in particular). Maybe normal people are able to process it better. Even just having berries as my fruit I've noticed a big spike in my sugar counts.

The best ME I can be
03-16-2007, 01:18 PM
My NSV... I took back a pair of jeans I gave my sister a LONG time ago because I looked like an overstuffed sausage in them! The best part... I NEEDED to take them back because all mine are too big, and those now fit me like a glove!!

debbieduzLAWL
03-16-2007, 01:30 PM
MY boss was handing out cookies yesterday.Not just any cookies the ones that are as big as your head.I said no and made a dash for the washroom and proceeded to hide until everyone was done,This is going to be a long lonely road hiding out in the bathroom all the time lol DEB

smjezzy
03-16-2007, 01:33 PM
MY boss was handing out cookies yesterday.Not just any cookies the ones that are as big as your head.I said no and made a dash for the washroom and proceeded to hide until everyone was done,This is going to be a long lonely road hiding out in the bathroom all the time lol DEB

On a positive note you'll have the cleanest hands and digestive track in the building. Yougogirl

bizlawchik
03-16-2007, 01:45 PM
On a positive note you'll have the cleanest hands and digestive track in the building. Yougogirl

:lol3:

Always look at the bright side!

Chick With Stix
03-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Lmao!!!

marzbe
03-16-2007, 02:47 PM

Maybe that belongs on a greeting card ;)

hdsqrl
03-16-2007, 03:34 PM
My NSV... I took back a pair of jeans I gave my sister a LONG time ago because I looked like an overstuffed sausage in them! The best part... I NEEDED to take them back because all mine are too big, and those now fit me like a glove!!

When I can't fit into my clothes (because they're too tight), I usually give them to my daughter who is about my height, but skinnier. I've started to "go shopping" in her closet again to find the clothes that I can fit into again, hah! Thankfully, she usually doesn't wear my handmedowns all that much, so they're still in good shape. ;)
:carrot:

Dan2112
03-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Congrats on the size 10 loose fit that actually is loose fit! I can't wait for that feeling! Patience grasshoppa....

As for the fruit - I'm speaking from a diabetic point of view. I was told by a diabetic nutritionist to avoid those particular fruits due to high sugar content (grapes and oranges in particular). Maybe normal people are able to process it better. Even just having berries as my fruit I've noticed a big spike in my sugar counts.

That's an important point.. At my COD, they recommend oranges when you get that "gotta have a snack" craving as they are relatively low in calories.. Something like 60 cals. or something like that..

It's the orange juice you gotta watch out for!!

LittleBlueCat
03-16-2007, 06:31 PM
I sorry about the fruit question/pineapple comment. It's just that my COD never told me to stay away from any particular fruit. They've never commented about the pineapple showing up in my diary every week, sometimes twice a week. They didn't care about the bananas, papaya, the grapes, the peaches, the nectarine, etc.... I did not mean to be rude... :(

mamabanana
03-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Oh, I have a good one...I made chicken parmesean, eggplant parmesean and pasta for the family while I ate tilapia and steamed zucchini...it was hard but worth it. They also had st paddys day cupcakes that we made together this afternoon- THAT was the killer...I did lick the bowl, Ill admit it!!!!

Repo girl
03-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Good heavens Nancy, you were not rude at all. Just one of those inconsistencies that we often see at the COD. Mine told me to stay away from bananas one time. Funny that folks are being backed away from apples. According to the "Insulin Resistance Diet" book, apples have a very low glycemic load.

debbieduzLAWL
03-17-2007, 12:25 PM
We are all on the same program and there is no digestive track cleaning going on here lol. but my hands are clean lol

smjezzy
03-19-2007, 10:28 AM
We are all on the same program and there is no digestive track cleaning going on here lol. but my hands are clean lol

And that's what's important :encore:

hdsqrl
03-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Hoo...hard to think of a NSV after the pigfest weekend that I just had...but, umm...hmm...

I'm a POP Princess today! :woohoo: YES!!!!

JLem311
03-19-2007, 06:17 PM
i turned down my parents offer for a dairy queen ice cream cake for my bday a week ago when we were visiting. i also ate pretty much all on plan while on my vacation! that's a first for me. and when i came back, i had lost 3lbs!

MomOfThreeTeens
03-19-2007, 07:31 PM
I've resisted THIN MINT GIRL SCOUT COOKIES...OMG I'm drooling just thinking about how good they are out of the freezer! BUT I havent had even a nibble and thats a HUGE NSV for me! LOL

coopergrrl
03-19-2007, 10:57 PM
ok I am new here but I have some NSV's...
I have not yet touched the Hershey's extra dark bar that I got for my birthday and that lives in the back of freezer right now. Hormones are coming and I am still not touching it. Ditto the hersheys kisses hidden under the microwave cabinet. I really need to throw those out.
I went to my mom's for dinner, did NOT eat the cornbread muffins, stuffing, or corn, but instead had about 6oz white meat chicken with no skin, nice big spoonful of peas, and teeny little bit of smashed potatoes NO BUTTER. (Yes it was dry, thank god for water lol.)
And finally, I DID NOT have dessert. She'd made pudding and got those raspberries in syrup (as if that is healty for anyone at all!)supposedly for my 'special diet' (NO ONE knows I am on LAWL except hubby and kids and coworkers). She made a big huge fuss but I just said No thanks, and then because I was still STARVING I came home and had a huge, healthy salad. (I admit I visited the Hershey's dark bar but did not open it!) And I drank three water bottle just while I was at her house!

The best ME I can be
03-19-2007, 11:55 PM
Mine is a two part victory... 1. there has been half a large ham and pineapple pizza in the fridge since last night and I have not touched it! Haven't even opened the box as I'm sure it would be my undoing... pizza is my FAVORITE food! Which is saying a lot, cuz I love my food! :love: ... And 2. I haven't killed my DBf for bringing the bloody thing home in the first place!! Hahaha, the poor guy gets the full force of my food frustrations. But, he should know better than to bring that stuff around when I'm PMS'ing!! Anyway... turning down pizza... HUGE deal for me! G' Night all!

hdsqrl
03-20-2007, 10:28 AM
I stayed POP yesterday! Woohoo! And the HS showed that I'd lost 2 of the 3 pounds of water I'd held onto from the weekend! *squee!* (and yeah, okay, that last pound might actually be a real weight gain, but I'm happy about the -2!)

Dan2112
03-20-2007, 11:41 AM
I've resisted THIN MINT GIRL SCOUT COOKIES...OMG I'm drooling just thinking about how good they are out of the freezer! BUT I havent had even a nibble and thats a HUGE NSV for me! LOL

UGH! Those damn little monsters were outside the Walgreens AND the Wal Mart... I'm a sucker for the thin mints and the little peanut butter and chocolate kind...

but I'm happy to say that no cookies have been purchased or passed through our lips...

Thank God the two girl scouts we had in our neighborhood have moved away. :lol:

hdsqrl
03-21-2007, 10:29 AM
Last night I realized I can take my jeans off without unbuttoning or unzipping them. My jaw about dropped.

:dance:

MomOfThreeTeens
03-21-2007, 12:21 PM
GO MEGAN GO! Thats great!

Kimphin
03-21-2007, 12:59 PM
I've just resisted sharing my boss's lunch - even though she HOUNDED me to. (I'm not going to say what it was.... but it was good)

KrispieD
03-21-2007, 01:58 PM
I've stayed POP this week on my challenge with Megan, my pants too can slide down without unbuttoning.. and the most recent bras I bought are getting too big.. I think I've gone down another cup size.. have to go console DH.. he's not faring well with the shrinking funbags!

katiebug77
03-21-2007, 02:00 PM
Yeah, my DF is upset that the "girls" are leaving him :)

hdsqrl
03-21-2007, 04:24 PM
I went to go get measured for a bra last weekend and now I'm at the point where it's hard to find my band size (a 36, for cryin' out loud, how hard is that?) with a big enough cup size (uh, J, I think). I'll be glad when things even back out. :(

Chick With Stix
03-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Geez a J?!?! I can't imagine having to try to find a 36J. I'm glad I lost evenly the first time around, and they're shrinking more...Maybe I can be in the C cup I was back in middle school by the end of this.

smjezzy
03-21-2007, 05:01 PM
I've never seen a cup size bigger than DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD, do they make such a thing? <-- that's what I wear, also hard to find

marzbe
03-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Biggest cup size they make is a Q! I guess that would be a DDDDDDDDDDDDDD! Granted most normal stores won't carrry past a DDD! :D The fact that I actually know the biggest size they make is a Q, just shows how long I've worked retail.

Scary part was for a while was in the J--talk about an ugh finding bras, I ended going up a band size and down a cup size--it wasn't ideal but it worked for the time being. I'm going to need to get myself measured one of these days, I've lost 5 inches in the chest--it's time I get the new bras!

I just won't get in to the fact I know how to do the measurements, teach people how to do the measurements, and am in charge of setting the lingerie floor at a fairly decent size department store! It's about dammned time I just take out the tape measure and measure my own self! It's not like I have to actually find someone to do it for me! :rolleyes: Plus the cute stuff comes in the smaller sizes! ;)

hdsqrl
03-21-2007, 05:49 PM
Yeah, I want to wear the cute stuff someday. I've always had to go to a specialty shop to find stuff that fits, but recently learned that Nordstrom's also carries the larger cup sizes. Unfortunately for me, they had the J's only in a larger band size. Still, for those of you looking for something larger than a DDD, check them out...they had Goddess bras in the 40-dollar range, so even with it being Nordstrom's, it was still affordable.

bizlawchik
03-26-2007, 12:42 PM
I am on day 2 of TO and am home sick today. I wanted to get a cuban sandwich sooooo bad or some matzo ball soup. Something carb-y and comfort food-y delicious. So I pulled out a box of clothes I've been saving as I'm going down in sizes and tried them on instead. I got a new suit jacket, a skirt and a new pair of shorts out of the box. Size 16. No "W" after it. Actually, the suit jacket is a 14! (I started at 24W+) I am a happy girl, and so happy I resisted the temptation.

Dan2112
03-26-2007, 01:34 PM
Good job!!

I had an NSV yesterday.. We were shopping at the mall and I was looking at rugby shirts at Dillards.. These were Polo rugbies, usually costing 80-100 bucks each..

But as they were last year's shirts, on clearance, they were something like $15 each with all the discounts. They only had a couple XL's left but the ones I really wanted were L's.. So I tried a L on just for kicks and low and behold, the freakin' thing fit!!!!

So I bought three 85 dollar shirts for $45 total.. YAY!!

bizlawchik
03-26-2007, 01:52 PM
:cheer: WOO HOO Dan! :woohoo:

JennAPeach
03-26-2007, 02:34 PM
Yay Dan! Way to go!

Kimphin
03-26-2007, 02:52 PM
WTG Dan ! The only thing better than fitting into a smaller size is fitting into a smaller size on sale!