Old 03-15-2007, 12:04 PM   #16  
Kate - LAWL since 10/06

S/C/G: 211.0/154.2/130.0

Height: 5'1"

This is a great thread..... LOVE IT!!!! You guys have done great with your NSV. And for me, this is the good stuff. It is not all about the scale when it comes to eating healthy.

As for my NSV, you probably have all read my wedding dress story.

Also, I went shopping for cute little clothes for Jamaica, and I am in a size 10!!

Oh, and I had to get my ring resized. It was a 7 and now it is a 5 1/2. Wow, I guess your fingers get skinny too. Never thought of that........
katiebug77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:28 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I'm waiting to get my rings resized until I get to goal or really close. I have always been a size 7 ring. Then it was 8. Then I don't know. I couldn't wear my wedding rings since I was 6 mos pregnant w/DS. I was able to put them on a little bit after he was born, but I kept getting too close to scratching him that I took them off. He's 3 now. I was able to put them on just a few months ago and DH has been very happy about that.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:37 PM   #18  
Jenn, mama to Micki

Thank you guys for all the replies! These are very inspirational.

I hope I can be as strong when pizza comes around.

I'm definitely looking forward to dropping (more than) a few dress sizes and being able to (comfortably) wearing my wedding band. I can put it on now, but ugh, is it hard to take off! It sure wasn't when we got married and I was a good 40 lbs lighter.
JennAPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:48 PM   #19  
Vic

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebug77 View Post
This is a great thread..... LOVE IT!!!! You guys have done great with your NSV. And for me, this is the good stuff. It is not all about the scale when it comes to eating healthy.

As for my NSV, you probably have all read my wedding dress story.

Also, I went shopping for cute little clothes for Jamaica, and I am in a size 10!!

Oh, and I had to get my ring resized. It was a 7 and now it is a 5 1/2. Wow, I guess your fingers get skinny too. Never thought of that........
Katie...I didn't get to read your wedding dress story. Care to retell or send me the thread? I am recently engaged and looking forward to all that stuff. My ring was a tad too loose when I had it sized the first time and I am hoping to have it resized again once I am closer to goal. We know we want to lose weight in the obvious places but isn't it funny where we end up noticing it? Congrats on your Jamaica clothes! How fun!
Seagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:37 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

I went to a mexican resturant the other night and all I had left for the day was 1 1/2 protien, 2 veggies, and a couple fruits. I ordered, beef fajitas, ate just the meat and onions and peppers no tortilla, and NO CHIPS, NOT EVEN ONE!!!!! Went in the next morning, (wednesday) and weighed in .2 lbs down!!! woo hoo!!! NO CHIPS DID YOU HEAR THAT PART!!!! we even ordered queso for the table.......... none for me!!!!!

Lettie
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:45 PM   #21  

Lettie - You are a stronger woman than me.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:46 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

thanks, I just keep telling myself the first chip is waaaay easier to not eat than the 2nd...3rd....4th..... etc.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:01 PM   #23  
LAWL Salt Police

Way to go Lettie...

There will come a point in the plan where you could probably get by if you had a couple of chips, but it's VERY important that you keep that willpower going strong here at the beginning..

WAY TO STAY STRONG!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:48 PM   #24  
Michelle on LAWL

Height: 5'0"

awesome Lettie!! mexican food is my favorite.. i'm not sure i could be able to do what you did.

Dan i loved your pear story... too funny!

this is a great thread.. very motivational. i too have noticed that my wedding rings are getting pretty loose and spinning around on my finger.. but i'll wait a while longer before getting them resized. going to my mom's house is a great way to see how strong your will power is.. last week our church met at my mom's for a sing-a-long/potluck.. i hadn't thought about it much and just went. i hadn't had dinner yet as it was right after evening service.. but even though i was hungry i just chugged back some water and stayed far away from the food.
Wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:36 PM   #25  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Dan, the pear story has me laughing tears. That is too much!

Lettie, Wow! Can you give me some?

As for my NSV's the inches that are coming off faster than the pounds ! Which seems to make me the anomoly at the COD, but I'll take 3 inches over 3 pounds anyday!

The bigger NSV is my basically overcoming an extreme caffiene addiction. I mean to go from drinking 2 Venti's plus extra espresso and six cans of Diet Pepsi daily to 1-2 cans of Diet Pepsi and most days no coffee, or at most a 12 ounce cup--that is worth so much more than any weight or inches lost. I have the energy to get out of bed without the coffee in the morning. When I stop having to be at work at 5:30 every morning, then I'll be hopping out of bed every morning
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:55 PM   #26  
Vic

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4

Here's my NSV for the day...I had lunch at a Mongolian Grill today (one of my faves) and for the first time EVER I had no noodles, no pineapple and no sesame oil. Just chicken and veggies and my teeny-tiny portion of rice. Major deal for this girl!
Seagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:07 AM   #27  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

One night without the lemon and half gallon of salt! WOOHOO.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:11 AM   #28  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagal View Post
... I had no noodles, no pineapple and no sesame oil. Just chicken and veggies and my teeny-tiny portion of rice. Major deal for this girl!
Why no pineapple?? In my Gold book 3/4 cup of fresh pineapple is 1 serving of fruit. And I eat pineapple at least once a week!
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:43 AM   #29  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by smjezzy View Post
One night without the lemon and half gallon of salt! WOOHOO.
YES! Way to go.. It's the small steps that lead to big leaps!

Jeez.. I sound like a motivational greeting card...

Somebody just smack me, please....
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:57 AM   #30  

Dan - Were you around when we wrote our "Congratulations you're not a fatty anymore" cards?