Old 03-12-2007, 07:09 AM   #1  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up W.O.W.'s "No Foolin' You" Challenge - Week 4 Chat Thread

Is it really Week 4????

Wow!!! I mean, W.O.W.!

Just popping on here very quickly to start this week's discussion thread - I hope the group had a great weekend. Don't know about you all, but the weather here was fantastic... which was great because it got me outside and moving around. Now that spring weather approaches, I'll bet that a lot of us who have been plateaued for such a long time (like me!) will be able to get outside, get some movement into our daily regimes and start to see results. Here's hoping!

But for now, it's back to bed for me. The time change has me completely messed up; the clock on the nightstand says "7:00 a.m.," but my body is insisting it's still only 6:00!

Have a terrific day, ladies! Remember your WEED!

W: 100 ounces
E: none today - too sore from the weekend!
E: 1200 calories
D: Get my body back on track and plan ahead so I can get to the gym five days this week!
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:20 AM   #2  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Good morning everyone. I am up and at em finally. I really had a struggle to get up and meet my walking buddy at 6 which my body thought was 5. I rolled out of bed with 10 minutes to get out the door. Good thing its dark out again! I am awake now after our 4 mile walk. Its warmish here and the fresh air always help (not to mention the 3rd cup of coffee I'm downing now).

My weekend was 50/50. Saturday went like I figured-bad eating. Sunday I did good. I feel good about it though because the retreat went well on Saturday, and I had fun.

I have a chiropractor appt. this morning, then I'm off to the craft store for some mica powders. I have a full night of teaching tonight, but some really fun lessons lined up. Its gonna be a great day!

W-64+ oz.
E-4 miles done!
E-healthy foods, healthy portions
D-Take pride in what I accomplish today

I'm off to see what you all were up to over the weekend. Have a great day.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:29 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies! I hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was fine, I did OK eating wise could have been better, could have been worse. Water really sucked. I don't know why but I drank alot of diet soda (which I rarely do). Exercise consisted of cleaning house and waking through costco and target. I really need to get back to the gym!

The time change was hardest on my kids. Tommy didn't go to bed until after 10 (usual bed time about 9:15) Makenna went to bed at 9:30 (Plus refused to take a nap!)

I finally got some claritin-D which helped yesterday, so we'll see how it does today. Friday I had to sweep and clean the plants "third floor" which hasn't seen a broom since the 80's. When I was done I was so dusty and dirty, sneezing and coughing, YUCK. I am hoping thie claritinD works out for me.

Tommy is sick again, He is getting 2 molars and with it the nastiest nose you have ever seen. I had to sleep in the chair and keep him upright just so he could breath Saturday night. Poor baby. Makenna is doing great! she is irratating me though, she won't stop singing the ABC song and I will tell you the honest truth, she inherited my singing voice She can also now write an M.

Okay, MMM, WEED

W 80-100 oz
E I am shooting for 30-45 minutes
E 1300 cals
D get to the gym!!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:35 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

good morning gang!!! Hope you all had a great weekend.

Artsy girl, 50/50 - could be a heck of a lot worse. Weekends are sooo hard. AND you had fun - fun is GOOD.

I agree ROWDY, that stupid time change is just that - STUPID and IT does take getting used to.

I had a really great weekend. It was my anniversary on Saturday and ALL of my kids were away for the weekend. It was really, really nice. We had a huge, beautiful luncheon that we attended on Saturday. I FELT sooo good, I had on a really nice outfit (YES!! I wore and CLOSED the size 10 jacket). I got tons of overwhelming compliments from people I hadn't seen since before the weightloss. Speaking of which today is weigh-in day and I AM DOWN 2 1/2 POUNDS!!! to 181. I'm getting closer. I can almost see the finish line, almost that is.

W - drink lots of it, I truly believe it has helped me greatly in my weightloss
E - same as above, but don't drink it - DO IT
E - 1200 calories
D - lots and lots to do today, workwise, housewise, meeting with DD teacher at 9:30.

Have a great, fantastic SUNNY day everyone.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:36 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Jeni we posted at the same time. I'm glad the Claritin D is helping somewhat. I hope poor Tommy feels better. Makenna sounds really, really cute. Feel good and stay well.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:01 AM   #6  

Good morning everybody.

The past week wasn't so good and I stayed the same, but I haven't been putting enough effort into it and didn't make it to the gym as much as I wanted to.

Robin -- Nice job with more weight lost, you haven't hit a plateau have you? That makes it pretty nice. I'm glad you had a nice anniversary.

Jeni -- Can't get enough of the ABC song, can you!! My oldest tends to sing one line from any song about 100 times in a row until I have to say something. I hope Tommy feels better soon so you can both get a good nights sleep.

ArtsyGirl -- Your day seems to be off to a great start. I hope you get everything done you want and have a wonderful day.

Posted my WEED last night, but I'll stick one on the new thread --

W -- My two bottles -- no soda
E -- Off to the gym, hope this gets me back on track, I always feel better after exercise
E -- Today is my up calorie day, trying the zig zag calories
D -- I can't keep putting this off, not sure what I'm waiting for but it's time to get serious!!!

Have a great day.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:22 AM   #7  
Movin' and Groovin'

S/C/G: 289/269/180

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning!!

Like everyone else, we struggled with the time change as well. Funny how that one hour can make a difference.

Jeni--Glad the Claritin is helping you. I gave it to my daughter but she needed something stronger. The doctor put her on Zyrtec. She doesn't have allergies per se. She just gets all stuffy during the cold months. The doctor says its like when you go outside when it is cold and your nose starts to run. This happens to her but her body thinks she is sick and produces more gunk, therefore making her cough and gag. The good thing is she only needs it for 5-6 months and she might grow out of it.

Hooray for Makenna writing an M. She'll have her whole name down before you know it.

Robin--Happy Anniversary Glad you had fun and I bet you looked stunning.

ArtsyGirl--Good for you for getting up and at them this morning. Have fun teaching tonight.

Well, I got a decent nights sleep and feel much better this morning. I took today off because after working Saturday night, I knew I wouldn't be up to working today. I'll just consider it a mental health day. So many things to do and so little time to do it.
Today, it is suppose to be up in the 60's. I think I might surprise the girls and walk to school to pick them up this afternoon.
I have officially lost 20 lbs. Who would've thought that would make me so happy. This also makes me officially in the 260's. WOOHOO!!!!! I am fitting into pants I had from a previous weight loss. This time they seem to fit better. Most be the weight training I do.

My dose of WEED:
Wrink, Drink, Drink. Not much of a problem anymore. That and milk is pretty much all we have.
E:Going to do that when I get done here.
E:Just keep making the right choices.
D:Might try to get stuff caught up, laundry. Maybe watch that movie from Netflix that has been sitting by the tv for a couple of weeks.

Have wonderful day.
JennyWenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:24 AM   #8  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

Mornin all,
Well I am finally feeling better. Not yet 100%, but much better than the weekend. But apparently my DD isn't. I woke up at 4:30 to "Momma, I threw up." So I've been changing beds and cleaning floors and everything else in her path since then. So I am hoping to get a WATP video in, and maybe even a 20 minute something this evening. I love the extra light, but not the extra hour it taks away from my sleep. Since I was a little sickly this weekend, my eating went well. I was down 3 pounds, but weighed in this morning and realistically it was only another 2, but that's still 3 for the week. I'm good with that.

Artsy-Today is a new day. forget about the weekend.

Robin-WOW, you're really taking it off. Happy Belated anniversary.

Jen-Hope the baby gets to feeling better. Teething stinks.

Hi Rowdy!

Well here's my WEED:
W-More at least 6 glasses.
E-Portions
E-3 mile WATP
D-Do some housework. I am so behind from the weekend.
Have a good one
lovemacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:28 AM   #9  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

JennyWeeny-We must have been posting at the same time. 20 lbs is great! Hey I am estatic about 1 so who knows what I'll do at 20. Keep up the good work and the exercise.
lovemacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:38 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Good Morning Ladies:
My weekend was OK. We did go out to eat a couple times, but I tried to make smart choices. The weekends are killers for me. I'm up 2 pounds, but I'm hoping that once I get back on track they will be gone soon.
I didn't get any sleep last ngiht. I was tossing and turning until well after 1AM. I went back to bed after I talked to my daughte and did manage to get a little more sleep in. Now I'm sitting here at the computer at 9:30 still in my robe. I have to get back on track. I think I'll get a shower and then put some laundry in the washer and maybe head out for a walk with the dog. The weather is like spring and I might as well get out and enjoy it before the weekend when it's suppose to snow again. My ii year old grandson broke his toe yesterday so he stayed home from school today. Maybe I'll walk to his house and visit with him for a minute or two.
I wrote a long post yesterday and it was gone when I hit the submit. I was frustrated so didn't post again. I'll try it again now.

Shari- How's the apartment? Are you all unpacked? I hope you get a computer soon. I couldn't live without mine.

Bean- Good Luck with your test tomorrow. Be sure an let us know how they go.

Rowdy- Congrats on the 165. WTG!!!

Michelle- The calorie count for your little accident sounds high. Just goes to show you how little we know about what restaurants do to the food.

Jenny- Sounds like you had a busy night at the Shrine event. I hope you got some rest yesterday.
WooHoo 20 pounds is great! Keep up the good work.

Love- I hope you are feeling better this morning. I hope the 3 pounds stay off. What a terrible was to lose them though.
We had the Tilapia on Thursday I think. I made it with a lemon garlic recipe. This week I'm going to try breading it and frying it in my promise margarine.
Oh my I just read your latest post. Poor baby. You and the little one. I hope she feels better real soon.

Lisa- You could make a smoothie with your banana and yogurt. Here's a recipe I used last week and it was really good.
1 cup frozen mixed berries
1/2 banana
1/2 cup milk
1 scoop protein powder
3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
1 cup ice
Blend and enjoy.
I think you buy the balls according to you height. Next time you're at the store check on the box and see what it says. I got mine free with my treadmill and didn't have a size choice. Mine is a little big for me, but for free I'll use it once I find the plug for it.

Holyteror- Sorry to hear your bean isn't holding it's air. Have you tested it in a tub of water to look for air bubbles? I Hope you didn't already ship your other ball off to you mom.

Brandy- I love your attitude todays the day. Have fun with your lessons tonight.

Jeni- teething is the pits. Molars take so long to come in too. Ihope the little guy feels better soon. LOL on the abc's.

Robin- WOOHOO!!! 2 1/2 pounds gone. You are going to make your goal in no time. It sounds like you had a very nice anniversary. Isn't it nice when people tell you how nice you look?

Today's WEED:

W- get 3-4 bottles in
E- make good choices at the dinner out with my Red Hat friends
E- walk 30 minutes with the dog
D- enjoy the sunshine while I can. Who know's how long it will last.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:50 AM   #11  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Hi everyone
Grams my new bean seems to be doing very well. Its the old one who's not cooperating. I may just toss it.

I cut the grass in the backyard yesterday...i'm so tired. my eating was real good yesterday, i just had a pretty good breakfast. I stepped on the scale again this morning and wished i hadn't but i KNOW my eating was better plus the exercise....I'm gonna be ok. I haven't come close to meeting a challenge goal since thanksgiving but I hope to do it someday. a pound at a time.....

I did my bean workout this morning though, and put away laundry. I've been up since 4 cuz DH has to be up at 4, and I couldn't go back to sleep

weed before i get dressed and go to work....I have rehearsal tonight
w: 100 oz
e: walk the dog after work, walk on breaks at work, and rehearsal tonight
e: on plan
d: enjoy the muscle soreness from cutting the grass LOLOLOL
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:02 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Hi everyone! This is going to be a quick one cuz I need to study for my test today! Hope everyone's weekend went okay. Mine was all right. Not the best, but it wasn't the worst either. If I ate something bad I just watched my portions the rest of the day. Saturday was better than Sunday.

Here's my WEED
W - as much as I can...I need to wash my nalgene bottle
E - watch portions
E - Today is supposed to be a rest day...but I may go to the gym and do a quick cardio workout and 5 minutes of abs
D - STUDY! And after the test, get some more homework done!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:41 PM   #13  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Aaahhhh my girls, coming here feels like lunching with my girlfriends, if you'll excuse the food reference

Pretty good weekend....Weekends are always easier for me if I'm working them! It's those weekends off that I suffer! LOL

Got my hour in at the gym today! My schedule this week looks really good for me to work out almost every day, looking forward to that.

DH has a job interview on Wednesday! He has a "good" job now, but really doesn't make what he's worth, works for a SMALL company that barely keeps its head above water...but this new place is an old and solid area company. He interviewed for a position 6 months ago, found out that he didn't get it although his inside source says the interview REALLY liked him but the next guy was a LITTLE more qualified so they went with the other guy, but we got the call last week that there was another position and another interview, with the same interviewer....so we are hopeful. So keep us in your thoughts WEDNESDAY around 3pm.....!

I have an exercise ball, I didn't realize they came in sizes until recently, mine I picked up at a book fair that came with resistance bands and a video. It might be a bit big for me. The balls at the gym are smaller and I don't fall off them so often.

Personals later loves, quickie WEED....

W-TONS, maybe about 2-3 liters (short day, woke up 2pm and will go to bed tonight)

E- ALREADY BEEN TO THE GYM TODAY!!! Lower body workout and abs DONE! If it's nice out still, I'd like to walk with the family after dinner~its still light out!

E- Well DH wants to shop tonight for new clothes to wear to abovementioned interview, so we may eat out, SALAD, SALAD, SALAD...lots of veggies.

D- Positive self image, be nice to the kids, play games, walk outside if it's nice. load of laundry? <nah> catch up on DVR Tv shows.

I LOVE the time change, of course, as I mentioned, I worked through it saturday night so the adjustment wasn't mine to make, my sleep wasn't affected by it. Its nice to go home in the morning and go to bed in the dark and to be able to go in while it's still light out, and be able to walk later in the evening while the sun's still up. I don't understand why they changed the weekend they do it on, but its all good to me. xxoxooxoxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:27 PM   #14  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

i think this 4 am thing might be good. i just can't get movin to get to work early. so if I'm up at 4, I can work out, shower, change, put on a face, and eat breakfast THEN noodle online..........i might leave the house early for work and be home by quarter to 4. that leaves me plenty of time to walk the dog and relax...plus i can prep dinner/lunch for the next day.
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:36 PM   #15  
Calorie Counter

Wow! so much going on today!!

Robin, I think you are my hero!! I am so pround of you. You just keep going and going. You are going to be at goal WAY before me. YOU DESERVE IT!! You have changed your habits so much!!!!!

Shelby I skipped the gym Most of last week, got moving doing other things though. Lets make this week a gym week!!

Jenny!!! congrats on the 20 pound mark!!! its such a milestone isn't it!! they will keep coming off and coming off!!!!!

Paula those nights are the worst, I hate it when I cant sleep, especially when I am beat!

Holyteror, cutting the grass is such hard work! I know how you feel, I am still going after my thanksgiving goal of 158 pounds. but they are coming off, more good days than bad (for the moment, last week was another story). ONE pound at a time, ONE pound at a time.

Labonita, good luck on your test!

Michelle, good luck to your DH!!! My dad works nights, he loves the time change too! Hows Rachels potty training
going?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am going to the gym tonight, probably will workout for 60 hard minutes, I want to SWEAT!!! I haven't had a good workout in over a week. DH is going to take the kids to the playroom at the Y but don't tell them, (they both LOVE it there) Oh, Tommy is feeling Much more like himself today.

My almost SIL got offered a job at OS today! I am very happy, this will be a great opportunity for her.

DH wants to go grocery shopping when I am done working out ( never fear my fellow WOWers I have already made the chicken we are eating tonight. (we'll have to warm it up, but I don't mind that. I will also make a quick batch of brown rice throw some broccoli in the steamer and there is our dinner.) Tommy gets really hungry after playing so I think I will take some snacks for the car ride (just to keep him satisfied till dinner).

I already have in LOTS of water Probably 72 oz 28 more!!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote