Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:32 AM   #16  
One Day at a Time

Height: 5' 4"

Way to go Chickpea! 6 lbs is great!!!!!!!! Actually, it would be especially great for me right now, because I FINALLY worked up the nerve to weigh. I know, Friday was my first day on JC direct and I used my last known weight as my weight, thinking I surely had not gained much. (It has been a year since I weighed and I have been exercising 5 xs a week.) I admit, I did feel like I had gained a little.) But I was very disappointed to see that I had acutally gained 6 lbs. But I will try not to dwell on that. I guess I need to fix my weight ticker. Oh, and tell the counselor this Friday. That will be a little hard to explain. HAHA.

Sunshine, you have really been inspirational today, and I needed that! I can tell that you have made up your mind, and that is a huge part of meeting any goal. Hopefully I will do as well on JC as you have.
houseelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:23 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 188/138.8/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hello everyone. Welcome Houseelf!

I weighed-in today and I'm down 3.2 lbs.

It feels really good to have a good drop like that instead of the dribs and drabs I've been experiencing lately!

Good luck on your first week, Houseelf, and welcome to the board. I know this board helps me stay motivated. It's good to have people to share your diet stuggles and successes.

I hope this week's weight loss helps me this week.

Good luck to all of you.
chrstna446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:33 PM   #18  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

hey everyone.. I joined Jenny last wed ( haven't weighed in yet).
I see some of you do Jenny direct, do you like it? Have you gone to the center? I am fortunate that I have a center half hour from me, but the convience of mail is nice, but the accountability is also something I need.. yikes! I'm enjoying the food, but really don't like the chicken cashew
What is everyone's fave Jenny meal???
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:37 PM   #19  
wannaloose

Red face Started JC last Friday

Hello girls!
Well I just started Jenny Craig on Friday and am very exited about it.
I think is great as of right now, the last diet I tried was 6 wk body make over and was horrible!!!
I have tried WW and Adkins...maybe a few more out there.
I like the weekly meeting idea. I will have my first meeting on Friday and can't wait!!!
I am very impress with all the weight that most of the girls on this forum have lost and hope to be like that one day. I gained 80 pounds after my first son and it has been 7 1/2 years now.
Please if any one have any advise I will really appreciate it!!
I need all the help I can get.
Thank you and God bless you all
beberooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:15 AM   #20  
Under His mercy

Height: 5'9"

Congrats Christina on your big loss. That's great!

Welcome Purplepansy (great looking family!) and Ileana.

I'm not crazy about the cashew chicken either or the sweet and sour chicken and I don't buy the soups but I like everything else. My favorite breakfasts are the sunshine sandwich and the french toast (although mostly, I eat my own high fiber cereal). My favorite lunches are the swedish meatballs, lemongrass chicken, beef chow mein and turkey burger. My favorite dinners are mac and cheese, beef sirloin and rice, and chicken fettuccine. My favorite snack is the pita puffs (but they're on the discontinue list). So I like a wide variety of Jenny's food and I don't get tired of it. I love the convenience.

Hope everyone's having a good week and getting some exercise!
sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:17 PM   #21  
One Day at a Time

You are right, Sunshine, the variety of food looks promising to me. I am only on day 5! But this time feels really different for me. I have really MADE UP MY MIND and it feels great to be able to discuss things with like-minded people! I can relate Ileana the "baby" weight thing. My "baby" is 10 years old!!! Better late than never!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2007, 06:49 PM   #22  
Under His mercy

How are all you ladies doing?

For dinner tonight, I had the lasagna, broccoli and some sugar free jello for dessert. It was quite tasty!!

Now I need to go into the living room and turn on one of those exercise programs and get busy!!
Old 03-23-2007, 01:06 PM   #23  
One Day at a Time

So how is everyone doin? I lost 2 lbs! I "guess" that will do!
Old 03-24-2007, 07:29 AM   #24  
Under His mercy

Way to go houseelf - 2 lbs is great. I lost .8 lbs and I "guess" that will do for me, too!!

I set my original goal weight at 170 when I started last May but as I got closer to that I was considering changing it to 160 (which is what my ticker here said). I would have to really struggle to keep my weight that low so I've decided to change it to 165. I think as long as I stay between 165 and 170, I'll be doing great!

We went out to eat last night, so I've got to get out there and exercise the extra calories out of my system!! There's plenty of work to do around the house to accomplish that this weekend!
Old 03-24-2007, 10:27 AM   #25  
One Day at a Time

Great Sunshine! I think that .8 lbs is great after having already lost40 something pounds!!!!!!! In the past I have always given up because of my impatience, but I really mean to stick with it for the long haul this time! You are really an inspiration because you obviously made up your mind and have not quit.

Man what I would do to be 5' 9" !!!!!!!!! Lucky girl Hopefully my daughter will be taller than my 5' 4". She is almost as tall as I am now and she is 10.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:27 PM   #26  

Way to go Sunshine & Houseelf!

Both of you are doing well. If only we could just wish the weight away, we'd all be very skinny. But this is hard work!

I've had a good week so far, but I'm never quite sure what the JC scale will say. Tomorrow is weigh-in and I'll report back to you.

I went to the eye doctor this week and it looks like I'll be having a cornea transplant in the next few months. This, of course, is a little scary, but I've done my best to try to educate myself about it and have found that it probably isn't as scary as it sounds. I think the thing that worries me is how it will affect my weight loss. The doctor says I should be able to go back to work and drive within two weeks, so I'm sure I can stock up on the Jenny food. I do worry about the exercise. I'll have to take it very easy for awhile - how long I'm not sure. I've been thinking about joining the gym, but I'll have to forgo that, at least for now. I won't be able to lift heavy things or bend over for awhile as to not cause any pressure on my eye.

I fear that going back to a more sedentary lifestyle will have a negative affect on what I've accomplished. The surgery will be an important help for my health, but I need to make sure that I stay even more focused on the diet than I am now.

Christina
Old 03-25-2007, 01:54 PM   #27  

Woo, hoo 0.2 lbs.! O.K. really not much of a loss, but I had a great one last week so I can't complain. It isn't a gain and that's a good thing.

Everyone have a great week!

Christina
Old 03-25-2007, 06:19 PM   #28  
wannaloose

Talking

Well you girls were so right and this is the best thing that could happened to me in a long time. I lost 8 pounds in my first week!!! My first meeting went very well. I love the foods and I am not craving stuff. Is great and I will work very hard to keep it up. It took time to get it all I just have to remember that it will take time to loose it all...
beberooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:31 AM   #29  
Under His mercy

Christina - keep us posted on your cornea transplant issue. Sounds like you have a good attitude about it. Don't worry about your exercise, just follow doctor's orders and eat healthy and you can resume your exercise when the time comes. You've done a great job so far.

Ileana - what a great job you did losing weight your first week and glad you like your consultant. I've had the same one since I started and she's a gem!
Old 03-27-2007, 06:52 AM   #30  
Under His mercy

Houseelf - How are you doing on your Jenny Direct? Yes, I enjoy my "tallness". I wish my daughter (20 yrs old) was taller....she's "only" 5'7"ish but both her grandmas are 5'4".