Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-25-2007, 02:34 PM   #121  
Canada

I am finding the program great in the day.. but after supper I want to eat at 8-10 pm for that snack.... grrrrr
Totally Neck-ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:27 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 188/138.8/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Totally,

I'm a nighttime eater, too. I usually eat my Jenny snack about 8:30 - 9 o'clock. I've heard some people say to avoid eating after 6 or 7, but I know that doesn't work for me. I've also heard it doesn't really matter when you eat, just what the overall calories are. I think if I didn't have that nighttime snack, I'd rebel and eat whatever I can find.

I'm trying to pickup my activity a bit. I've cut down some over the last couple months since I'm still recovering from eye surgery, but I'm getting a little frustrated with my losses. I was going to the gym a few days a week before the surgery, but my doctor, although he didn't forbid me doing some cardio, didn't really like the idea of the gym right now. So I've been doing my daily lunchtime walks and this week I'm adding a couple of nights of doing my Walk Away the Pounds video. Let's see if it helps.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
chrstna446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:07 AM   #123  

Hello all! I am about to finish up my first week of JC. JC is the only weight loss program that has worked for me. I lost a lot of weight on it in the early 90's. I can't say enough about it!
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:16 AM   #124  

Welcome Dabbadoey!

Let us know how your first weigh-in goes.

JC seems to work for me, so I know what you are saying

Christina
Old 07-27-2007, 12:56 PM   #125  

I had my first weigh-in today, and I lost 5.6 lbs!
Old 07-28-2007, 12:18 AM   #126  

Default *big sigh*

i don't know where do u you get your motivation guys and most importantly how to sustain it!

i've been with JC for about 6 weeks and i haven't lost any...i was actually motivated when i joined in then i couldn't hold of myself and lost tracked of everything... im wasting a lot of money on this but couldn't put myself to really follow it and im also getting bored with the food.... i hate myself for these....
yhum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:21 PM   #127  

Dabbadooey! That's a great way to start. Keep up the good work.

So sorry about the lack of motivation, yhum. I know I how it feels and if I could figure out for myself how to get it, I don't think I'd have the life long struggle with weight.

I think for me, this time, I tried really hard not to obsess about losing the weight but rather focusing on sticking with the diet. This has been really hard, but I need to trust that if I follow the plan, the plan will work for me. In my case it has, although it is very slow. Right now I have to be happy with losses like .2 or .6. It can be very discouraging. Somedays I think, why am I doing this? But then I realize that if I don't, the alterative is going to be much worse for me.

Do you think you can try to stick with the program for one more week? Sometimes if you break it down in baby steps you find out it isn't so bad.

Best of luck,
Christina
Old 07-29-2007, 06:07 PM   #128  

Default Don't need or like consultations

I have been going to Jenny Craig for about a month now. I am losing weight and am following the program in my own way - I am too independent to just do exactly what someone else tells me, especially if I don't like a particular food or don't want yogurt in the morning, etc. I chose Jenny because I like the convenience and from trying JC in the past, I knew I liked the food for the most part. I also have a lot of knee and back pain, so standing at the counter cooking for any length of time is very difficult for me.

My problem is that since I am in my 50s and have done extensive research on nutrition and weight loss for MANY years, I resent and almost dread the consultations. I have tried to be cooperative and go to them anyway, but I just end up feeling angry and resentful that someone else who is obviously trained in how to advise people on the JC program, but who seems to know less than I do about nutrition, is lecturing me about what to eat and when. I know what I need to do to lose weight. I don't need someone "riding" me. After the consultations, I have to fight really hard for the rest of the day not to just go nuts and eat whatever, since emotional eating has always been a problem for me and my anger makes me want to eat. Lack of knowledge about nutrition has never been my problem, emotional eating and difficult life circumstances have fueled my overeating. I have already changed consultants once, and I think I like the second one even less than the first one. I asked the program director if I could just come in, get weighed and pick up the food without a consult, and she said "Oh no, we don't want to start that."

Any ideas? I would just get the food delivered, but can't afford the extra shipping costs. Since I know my issues are about psychological problems, I don't expect the JC consultant to be able to fix my life issues in a 15-minute per week consult - plus she is obviously not trained for that. I DON'T want to discuss my food intake on a weekly basis.

I'm thinking of quitting JC because of this. I guess I could try the program director again and see if with more information, she can let me out of the consults, but I can just feel the disapproval already. They are very invested in administering the program exactly a certain way - which obviously works well for many people - but not for me.

Laelle
Laelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 06:23 PM   #129  

At my center they have clients who call in food for pick-up all the time without a consult. Also when school starts I am probably only going in every two weeks since the center is 45 minutes from me. I would talk to the program director again.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:11 PM   #130  
Canada

My dad hates the consults too. He just goes online tot he custom planner, prints it off, faxes it in with a coversheet telling them when he will be in.

Works for him. He told the lady when he joined that he didn't wants calls or weekly meetings, she said fine - ( I think just to sign him up) and then they called him like crazy. Ticked him off. So he does it this way and avoids them. The last one he called he told off.
Totally Neck-ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:38 PM   #131  
Learning to love ME!

Hi! I'm on Day 5 and so far things are going pretty well, except I've eaten out twice for lunch. I'm really trying to limit eating out to once a week. I have a few questions: First, why can't I register for the Jenny Craig board? I thought I'd registered, then never received a confirmation email with my password. When I tried to re-register, the message came up that my user name was already taken (by me, I guess). When I tried to use the link to report a technical problem, I typed out the explanation, hit submit, and the entire page kept erasing without submitting. Any ideas?

Second, does anyone have any worries about maintaining your weight loss on this program? I don't want to be eating processed food forever, so I'm wondering if I'm learning good eating habits. I'm trying to focus on the fact that I'm eating a lot of healthy whole foods like fruits, veggies, and low-fat dairy that I wasn't eating before. Any thoughts?
Gypsydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:12 PM   #132  
Brige

S/C/G: 250/239/140

Height: 5'2

I am starting into week 3. I have lost 11 pounds. I have to keep on keeping on. Motivation Power!!! The consultation don't bother me as I go in with my list weight and get my food. I usually go on Sunday and I walk righ tin no waiting and not a lot of talking or advise. I love it that way.

Last edited by Journeytoloose; 07-31-2007 at 08:53 PM.
Journeytoloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:38 PM   #133  

Welcom Darlene & Brige!

Congratulations on the 11 lbs., Brige, that is awesome!

Darlene, I had the same problem with the JC message board. I think I tried to register about three times, never getting a response. I finally sent and email and they forwarded the password. Hopefully that will work for you. As for your second concern, I have thought about the processed food thing, too, especially since I've been eating JC for almost a year. Honestly, I know that this isn't the healthiest food I could be eating, neither is it the worst. The food is designed to be nutritional and most improtantly it is portioned controlled. I've done WW several times, and although I think it is a great program, when I was left with too many choices, I would end up cheating and overeating. Again, I don't think this is the healthiest of choices, but this is at least working for me.

I hope everyone continues to do well!
Old 08-01-2007, 01:46 AM   #134  

I appreciate the responses on my complaints about the consults. I was going to call the program director this week and explain nicely how I felt about the consults, but so far I have chickened out and my next appointment is Thursday. I also noticed on my contract (I am on the rewards program, which I hope doesn't turn out to be a mistake) it says that I have to have a weekly consult in order to get the discount. If I manage to get the "consult" down to just a weigh-in and pick-up of food, I hope that will count.

I really don't want to hurt anyone's feelings at my center, as everyone is always so encouraging and friendly, but ultimately I have to do what works for me. I just hope they understand that. I get the feeling that they think if I back off on the consults, the next thing will be that I will quit altogether. Actually, the opposite is true - the more they bug me, the more likely I will go elsewhere!

But I've lost 10 pounds in my first month, so I'm happy!

Laelle
Old 08-01-2007, 01:48 AM   #135  

Oh, by the way - totally Neck-ed - I love your dad's attitude. It made me laugh to hear how he is dealing with the center. At this point, I wish I had his courage! I guess this is one indication of a "disease" that women tend to have more than men - being a people pleaser. I have to work on that as well as my weight.

Laelle